Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Tamy Lyn's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Oh, fuuuuuuuccccckkkk.  She needs to get over herself!  You don't need James to go into the office with you.  He's right, she needs to start doing all this on her own.  He's made himself perfectly clear.  Did she somehow think that he wants her back because he's trying to fulfill his promise to help her through the process?

And yet this chick keeps hitting her weight targets, which is better than me.  What the hell??

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Zachary has special needs (most likely autism is my guess from my experience with the population). While he can address the camera appropriately, follow his mom’s instructions and likely handle his own self care (grooming etc) I HIGHLY doubt he can be emotionally supportive or “help” other than “hand me x”. 

Ive spent 28yrs in the terrible 2s(my sister has severe mental disabilities) so I have seen  kids/adults run the gamut. Just because they “blend” doesn’t mean they can help out. 

Fair enough. Sometimes, tho, all you are going to get in life is someone to hand you stuff or fold the laundry. Sometimes you have to be your own support.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

My chihuahua and I need our eyeballs replaced after seeing that Christmas pic. Seriously. W.T.H.

If I saw the Christmas picture correctly their dog had his back turned.  Even he's seen enough.  

• Love 13
Just now, aliya said:

Fair enough. Sometimes, tho, all you are going to get in life is someone to hand you stuff or fold the laundry. Sometimes you have to be your own support.

Oh of course I get it. 28 years. Terrible twos.

Taking care of her and my Mom by myself while my Mom has been recovering from a knee replacement. Just pointing out that having an adult body there doesn’t mean you have help. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

You don't need James to go into the office with you.  He's right, she needs to start doing all this on her own.  He's made himself perfectly clear.  Did she somehow think that he wants her back because he's trying to fulfill his promise to help her through the process?

Agree. CouchTater - didn't you used to have Prince as your avatar?

• Love 2

Unrelated to the show, but am I the only one who can’t stand the changes to the boards? I find the black background makes it much harder to read.

3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh of course I get it. 28 years. Terrible twos.

Taking care of her and my Mom by myself while my Mom has been recovering from a knee replacement. Just pointing out that having an adult body there doesn’t mean you have help. 

Hang in there Scarlett.  Good thoughts coming at ya.

• Love 4
Just now, rlc said:

Unrelated to the show, but am I the only one who can’t stand the changes to the boards? I find the black background makes it much harder to read.

Scroll down to the very bottom and click on one of the options with a bright sun next to it.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, rlc said:

you can change it

• Love 1
(edited)

How y'all doin?  I've been watching but not commenting yet.

9 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

He also had another woman while they were married. He is an emotional abuser with his "you can't do anything and would be homeless if it was not for me." He put that thought in her head and created a power dynamic that led her to believe she can't do anything without him, well the 42 pound weight loss proves otherwise. He stuck around because he is pathetic and wants someone weaker to kick around. Now that she is trying to get her life together he is no longer interested.

Ding ding ding!  I can't believe people are defending this asshat.  I know she needs to learn to do things on her own, but damn.  

I'm confused, though.  Are they married or not?  I missed the first half hour.

3 minutes ago, rlc said:

Mine is still a grey background.  Maybe you can change it in your settings.

Edited by 88Keys
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, rlc said:

I don't have a black background BUT I lost my bookmarked Forums on the Customized Homepage and can't get them back.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, rlc said:

I haven't noticed any changes like that. I'm always on my phone, maybe that's why. 

1 minute ago, rlc said:

These boards? My background is taupe or something pink/gray. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, elly1517 said:

Wow Dr. Now scheduled therapy before surgery

They all should do that. You don't get that big without some kind of issue you should probably address with a professional.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, rlc said:

Mine is not black.  Looks normal to me.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Agree. CouchTater - didn't you used to have Prince as your avatar?

I did!  Good memory!!  My avatar is my Facebook profile pic.  I changed it to my brother and me last year when my bro passed away.  I miss the Prince pic, though!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

I did!  Good memory!!  My avatar is my Facebook profile pic.  I changed it to my brother and me last year when my bro passed away.  I miss the Prince pic, though!

So sorry for your loss couchtater.

• Love 7

Worst therapist in the series. Tamy is the victim. She was the victim of her dad dying. She’s the victim of her indifferent mother. She’s the victim of James who said he didn’t mind bigger women. And she’s the victim of her son’s disability. Uh oh, we’ve got a woman down.

• Love 3

Man, Tamy is her own worst enemy. I get that James is a douchelord, but the guy really was trying to help in this situation. 

She served Zachary an entire plate full of hamburger helper shit. Crusty hamburger helper. No matter what you do to yourself, you must know that’s crazy for your kids. Thanks goodness he still has a sense of when he’s full. 

Re: eating in bed, how does she not drown—literally drown in her food. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Man, Tamy is her own worst enemy. I get that James is a douchelord, but the guy really was trying to help in this situation. 

I agree with that completely. He could’ve just moved in wirh his new woman and let her figure it out on her own.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

According to Tamy they broke up and he let her move in with him 1.5 years later because she couldn’t care for herself or the kids due to her health. He then proceeded to care for her too (not just the kids)....yeah I think he’s done his part. 

I wonder why she couldn’t make it on her own with 2 kids. How much he helped support his damn kids?

• Love 2

Sorry, I’m behind, but I just have to share this mind-blowing diagnosis of the century from our beloved Dr: “your abdomen has an abnormal amount of weight on it.” Oh THAT’S what’s wrong, I knew it was something! Lolol

• Love 16
Just now, ChickenLatte99 said:

She had a smirk on her face when James came out to check on her. I hope she didn't "fall" for attention.

I think she didn’t have the smirk until he appeared and tried to “help” by pulling on her arm. To me it read more “Yeah, jackass, you were within hearing, but you wait until i’m fine to come help?”

• Love 4