Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Choose Your Path

druzy
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I HATE it when Amber calls Leah "Booboo". First, she is neither Yogi Bear'sidekick nor a little mistake. Second, it makes it sound like she can't remember her daughter's name. If it was just a nickname she used with Leah,that works be one thing, but she uses that name when talking about Leah to others. My grandmother has a hard time remembering my daughter's name so she often refers to her as "Little Sugar", "Toodles", or "the baby", but she is in her eighties with memory problems. Amber is just obnoxious and sounds like a moron. 

"BewBew" and "Booger Butt". Those are not cute nicknames for any child, at any age. Amber is a moron, no wonder she sounds like one. 

12 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What are the usage rules on "Babe"?  Amber referred to NuMatt in the third person as "Babe," as in "Babe does whatever" or something like that--just substituting "Babe" for his name.  I thought "Babe" was something you used when you're talking to Babe, not about Babe,  Or am I behind the times (as usual)?

Amber can't seem to be bothered to remember anyone's name. 

10 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

The only thing I can add is I'm extremely irritated by the Tierra Reign shipping methods and inventory warehousing in that gross house.  A plastic table is less than $50 at walmart or target.  Absolutely no reason to be putting that stuff on the floor to prepare it for shipping!  It is bad ergonomics for their bodies and bad for the customers.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear the clothes stinks of stale weed, cigarette smoke, and animal excrement.

I thought the exact same thing! Jesus Tyler! get a goddamn table to pack up your ugly tacky clothes on. How can they be buying houses and exotic pets and multiple cars but can't get a folding table?

5 hours ago, teapot said:

Amber in her onesie talking about how exciting it was for Leah to be a big sister...and when was the last time you saw her?

Dumbass Amber can't even remember that Leah IS a big sister already, to the adorable baby Emilee. 

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Totally. And I cracked up because Ty looked like he only had a few to pack up, and yet his face was pained as if he had been digging ditches in the hot sun for 12 hours. He is in for such a rude awakening when this shit show ends and he is working at Wendy’s on his hoofs all day or roofing if he is lucky. I would laugh  if the rude awakening were not going to be so goddamn painful and tragic.

Lol. Wendy’s was my first job. If he wants to make the big bucks (50 cents above minimum wage) he would need to take the closing shifts, which mean a full day on your feet serving rude people while keeping your back hovered over a hot fryer or the fry scooping station (insert later back problems) to look forward to the moment you can lock the doors and see the sad faces of the late arrivers when thy realize they are too late for their bowl of chili and baked potato only to be overwhelmed with a hairy and greesy manager rushing you to close up the restaurant.

After a long shift, closing entailed cleaning a gross fryer full of grease. Cleaning the fry station that takes FOREVER because you know how easy it is to clean up oil spills.

Mopping up all the stuck on ketchup from the dining area. Cleaning the frosty machine. Cleaning tons of condiment dishes. Cleaning tables, cleaning windows; cleaning bathrooms (we know how people treat fast food restaurant bathrooms - I had one customer that thought rubbing shit all over the wall was cute and funny since he was pissed that our idea of extra pickles was an extra two instead of five).

Stocking up for the next shift which meant going into the walk-in freezer and cooler with wet pants on because the broken mop bucket spilled nasty water on your pants (wet pants and freezer - cold!) and old shoes that already have a hole in it because you don’t make enough money to replace your uniform that they don’t supply you with (just a fancy shirt, hat and name tag).

All of this closing work is AFTER a very long shift, but you get a routine down and learn to close the restaurant super fast but DAMN THE PEOPLE that would show up 1 minute before closing asking for speciality sandwiches knowing that we purposely made the most popular orders before breaking down the burger making stations to get a head start on cleanup in order to not go home so late. They never put enough closers on the shift to save money so it was usually just me and maaaaaybe that one guy that doesn’t speak English but knows enough to say “me back and hip is bad you mop, you mop” ?

Ahhhhh, memories. I never forget where I came from. Whenever I have a friend or family member get rude to a fast food employee I always defend the employees (mom: “how hard is it to be a fast food worker? They forgot my fries? I want to complain to their manager Me: um, try very hard. Not mentally hard, but hell yeah to the physical demands being hard).

Rinse and repeat.

It’s crazy how the more you do the less you’re paid and the less that you do the more you get paid. Whenever I have a colleague complain about their job I remind them of my first job and what I was paid to do that crappy job...they perk right up soon after while being greatful for their jobs. Productivity control. ?

Tyler has NO IDEA how common his daily duties are but throw in an 8 hour job that requires real work and a boss and you’re going to miss how “hectic” your life was back in the TM cash cow days. I’m so excited to watch a “where are they now?” to hope these TM people have low wage jobs that really show them what stress is like.

I’m rambling again. I’ve had the worst week of my life and I finally got to watch this episode and seeing these people complain about their stress is pissing me off.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 23

@Calm81, you gave me flashbacks to my time at Arby's. No way any of these people would last at a minimum wage fast food job, yet that's all they have the skills to do.  Tierra Reign is going to go down in flames the minute TM is off the air, not to mention I sincerely doubt it's bringing in that much money and certainly not enough for them to live on. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

@Calm81, you gave me flashbacks to my time at Arby's. No way any of these people would last at a minimum wage fast food job, yet that's all they have the skills to do.  Tierra Reign is going to go down in flames the minute TM is off the air, not to mention I sincerely doubt it's bringing in that much money and certainly not enough for them to live on. 

Arby’s was my second job, LOL. That was the WORST of them all. Never eat an Arby-Q.

I don’t think Tierra Reign is doing that well, all of these TM clothing business owners always have the camera crew watch them package up a couple shirts to appear successful (except Amber, she’s too slothful to even humor us with her “working” for her boutique) but they’re too proud to say it failed and take down their websites.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Arby’s was my second job, LOL. That was the WORST of them all. Never eat an Arby-Q.

I don’t think Tierra Reign is doing that well, all of these TM clothing business owners always have the camera crew watch them package up a couple shirts to appear successful (except Amber, she’s too slothful to even humor us with her “working” for her boutique) but they’re too proud to say it failed and take down their websites.

Y'all this is giving me flashbacks to the summer I worked the breakfast bar at Shoney's Man, old people paying $3.95 for all you can eat are mean as hell if they don't get their hard scrambled eggs like yesterday!  And I think I lost a good 10 pounds that summer just trying to run around and keep that bar stocked and cleaned. There is no hell like low wage customer service jobs in fast food or elsewhere. 

But even the daily grind of an office job is going to be killer for these coddled kids. I have to second or third that I would love to see a "Where Are They Now" special - not only to gloat just a tad, but it's going to be fascinating (in a bad accident kind of way) to see how these people adjust.  MTV really has them all thinking that they are stars who have actual talent with something interesting to say. Their heads are just going to explode when confronted with a boss who has no fucks to give about who they are or were or have to budget $2,000 a month for household expenses, beer, smokes, tats, hair extensions and pricey rehab.  And I really have to wonder how close their friends and family will stay once the fame and the cash dry up/ Man, now that would be an MTV show I could really get behind. 

Yes, there probably is a special circle of hell just for me. 

• Love 12

I have not read all the comments.  Just was doubling over laughing when Amber was LAYING IN A SLOTH AND CALLED IT HER SPIRIT ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amber's boyfriend Billy scares me.  There is something gross and strange about him besides the obvious.  I get a Cho Mo vibe from him.  Ugh.  Tyler is fed up. 

• Love 10
On 3/12/2018 at 10:58 PM, ClassyCourtHeels said:

ghlxobhnegk01.jpg

First of all, everyone knows that babies don't care what the "decor" of their bedroom is, so Amber should just stop pretending that it will.  Even Leah had to be nudged into admiring the "decor" of her bedroom--face it:  as long as a room is comfortable and has all the things in it the kid wants, and *maybe* is painted in the kid's favorite color, children don't care about "decor" until they're old enough to have preferences in furniture styles--and by then they're either ready to move out or to raise hell if the parents try to impose their own taste on the kid.

Second, while I've read that babies are stimulated by bright colors, Pavlov showed us that the response to a stimulus declines over time, but here is this baby saddled with these blinding colors for at least the first year of his life.

Third, that shade of blue was outlawed by the Hague twelve years ago.  And this was the important color, the reason for learning the baby's sex when the father asked not to know?  Really?  God.  I shudder to think what the "girl" option would be.

Fourth, what the hell is with the wrinkle in the wall-mounted fabric globs?  Are those window coverings?  Creative wall decorations?

Fifth, no one--especially no one who is as physically delicate as Amber is--is going to be able to spend more than five minutes in that room without throwing up.  Maybe Amber is smarter than we think and is setting things up so she won't have to spend too much time in there with her baby

Sixth, there was obviously no attempt to coordinate the fabric with the wall color.  And when colors are exactly opposite each other on the color wheel--remember that in 7th grade art class?--like orange and blue?  We call those colors "clashing."

Edited to add: Now that I know this is an "art photograph," I have a few more criticisms.  The colors are OK for an art photograph, Matissey as hell, but he really should have removed the wall outlet on the right and the edge of the table on the lower left. 

Edited by Mothra
I had more to say
  • Love 4

That's the ugliest thing I have ever seen.  Ugh.

I'm curious to know how much money Chelsea has in the bank.  Considering most of the other girls spend their money on a lot of extravagances and pour money into the worthless clothing lines her life seems pretty tame.  (And Cole actually works) 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, teapot said:

Tylers Mom: “Amber’s here”

Ty: “my sister?”

no, you moron.  Amber Portwood stopped by after she helped Habitat for Humanity build a few houses in Michigan!

You win the internet!

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Bridget said:

Am I the only one who has the theme song to the Golden Girls (which is straight up sacrilegious because they are awesome & Amber is not)) in their head after seeing this "explore the world" theme in the nursery NuMatt's new room?

I also wonder why there aren't any other photos of NuMatt's new room. Maybe because that's all they have finished? Or is NuMatt trying to build a crib like Cole?  hahahaha

And remember...Amber needed to know the gender to choose ONE fabric swatch that she used for three pieces of framed fabric "art",  the non-rocking/non-gliding chair and an ottoman. It's clear she has zero intent on being in that room. I hope the chair is extra sturdy and that NuMatt's big butt doesn't break the chair because we all know he will be the only one using it.

(I do admit that I have to thank Amber for giving me a new example to use when teaching irony! Of ALL of the possible room themes, SHE chose something that involved not sitting on a bed!)

@IDreamofJoaquin

@hoosiermom

@Mothra

That IG photo is NOT the nursery. Thank goodness. 

I guess my previous post on this was overlooked. lol

It keeps getting mentioned it is, but it is just one of Baby Huey's stupid artsy posts.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Bridget said:

Tyler's huge ass mistake was that he didn't allow Nova to say goodbye to Cate via FaceTime, so she didn't have a clue that Cate was gone by the time she finished drawing her mom a "pitcher." Kids need to say goodbye & have that closure, no matter if it's a parent being gone for 30 mins or 30 days. My mom travelled a lot when I was growing up and I know how hard it was on me (as early as 7 yrs old) to not be able to say goodbye or goodnight, even when I knew she'd call again the following night.

I have two very vivid memories from my childhood when I was about Nova's age.  My grandma had a sister who would come stay with us for a few weeks at a time.  One Sunday someone came to pick her up and she left without me getting a chance to hug her and kiss her bye.  I remember being distraught and crying for the rest of the day and even going to bed crying.  That was only an old great aunt!  I would have been inconsolable over my mama!

This was close to the same time because we lived in the same house (we moved frequently for some reason).  My older sister was in the hospital and I had to stay with my grandparents.  I loved them dearly but I wasn't used to being without my parents, especially my mother.  That week has always been so vivid for me.  I remember crying and just wanting my mama to come get me.

I'm sure this is incredibly difficult for Nova to be without Cate, and it will have a greater impact than they realize.  I felt so bad for Nova when she was crying about showing Cate the picture.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

@IDreamofJoaquin

@hoosiermom

@Mothra

It keeps getting mentioned it is, but it is just one of Baby Huey's stupid artsy posts.

Lol- I was loving the funny comments about the "nursery"! It's so funny because this is what is expected from Amber.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, druzy said:

Lol- I was loving the funny comments about the "nursery"! It's so funny because this is what is expected from Amber.

The comments are funny. That artsy photo is snark-worthy regardless. 

Who thought that Instagram photo  was the nursery and started all this? lol

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, teapot said:

Amber in her onesie talking about how exciting it was for Leah to be a big sister...and when was the last time you saw her?

Plus, Leah is already a big sister... to Emilie 

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

The comments are funny. That artsy photo is snark-worthy regardless. 

Who thought that Instagram photo  was the nursery and started all this? lol

On 2/24/18 I posted Baby Huey's Instagram post in Amber's thread.

Here is the conversation regarding the photo:

@GreatKazu: Baby Huey gets vibes from that photo featuring a chair.

@MissMel: Is that a photo?!  I thought it was a painting.  In that case, I kinda like it.  But if it's an actual photo?

@druzy: I thought it was someone's living room. I need help.

@MissMel: I thought it was too, at first!  Then I looked closer and figured it was a painting.  Now I don't know. 

@ginger90: If it’s a photo, perhaps it’s Amber’s set for her save the world show that the new equipment is also for.

@GreatKazu: I figured it was a photo of a painting. 

@MissMel: That makes sense, @GREATKAZU.

All of the participants in the above conversation clearly have nothing to do with Nursery-Gate-lol. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, druzy said:

On 2/24/18 I posted Baby Huey's Instagram post in Amber's thread.

Here is the conversation regarding the photo:

@GreatKazu: Baby Huey gets vibes from that photo featuring a chair.

@MissMel: Is that a photo?!  I thought it was a painting.  In that case, I kinda like it.  But if it's an actual photo?

@druzy: I thought it was someone's living room. I need help.

@MissMel: I thought it was too, at first!  Then I looked closer and figured it was a painting.  Now I don't know. 

@ginger90: If it’s a photo, perhaps it’s Amber’s set for her save the world show that the new equipment is also for.

@GreatKazu: I figured it was a photo of a painting. 

@MissMel: That makes sense, @GREATKAZU.

All of the participants in the above conversation clearly have nothing to do with Nursery-Gate-lol. 

You are the best!! 

lol

• Love 3

A parenting tip... if you want to teach your kids geography, buy one of those map of the world shower curtains.  At least the whole world will be represented.  When I was in school, entire continents were never discussed. I hope things are better now.  Amber's worldly nursery is a nice idea.  We have outdoorsy friends who decorated their nursery like Pennsylvania wildlife.  :-)

• Love 6

I thought Baby Huey came up with the world idea for the nursery? Amber mentioned constellations. 

Amber should put a large size cut-out of herself in the nursery since she won't be spending time in there.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I thought Baby Huey came up with the world idea for the nursery? Amber mentioned constellations. 

Amber should put a large size cut-out of herself in the nursery since she won't be spending time in there.

Bahaha!!!   Numatt will say, look at these stars on the ceiling baby, and over here, this is the lady who gave birth to you, also known as a mom, usually, but she is too busy on twitter and napping to take care of you. And over here is a giant sloth!

• Love 9
23 hours ago, MollyZee said:

NuMatt's disgusting shape-shifting beard makes my skin crawl. It's like his teeth are growing out of his facial hair, like there is no skin there at all. Vom. 

Hee. These “NuMatt” descriptions are hilarious. I’m envisioning some mutant Chewbacca/Ewok hybrid experiment that led to NuMatt’s birth.

And I can’t think of Arby’s without thinking of Chip Baskets.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

I have two very vivid memories from my childhood when I was about Nova's age.  My grandma had a sister who would come stay with us for a few weeks at a time.  One Sunday someone came to pick her up and she left without me getting a chance to hug her and kiss her bye.  I remember being distraught and crying for the rest of the day and even going to bed crying.  That was only an old great aunt!  I would have been inconsolable over my mama!

This was close to the same time because we lived in the same house (we moved frequently for some reason).  My older sister was in the hospital and I had to stay with my grandparents.  I loved them dearly but I wasn't used to being without my parents, especially my mother.  That week has always been so vivid for me.  I remember crying and just wanting my mama to come get me.

I'm sure this is incredibly difficult for Nova to be without Cate, and it will have a greater impact than they realize.  I felt so bad for Nova when she was crying about showing Cate the picture.

I am so sorry you had to go through that! I totally understand how this feels and it breaks my heart for any child who doesn't get to say goodbye in person or when a parent/guardian calls.

Not a mental health expert and I don't know what Cate's state of mind was when she called home, nor do I know how that scene was edited, but I'm shocked (I know, I know) she didn't insist on saying goodbye to Nova. It spoke volumes to me about her maternal instincts...or lack thereof! Nova's meltdown strongly suggested (to me) that Cate probably leaves Nova a lot, and there isn't any routine or consistency in place so Nova doesn't have any security or structure when it comes to Cate leaving. 

I worked as a babysitter (as I suspect many of us did) for many years, and while kids who did say goodbye to parents/guardians initially had a mini-meltdown, they were fine after five minutes because they knew it was a familiar routine (babysitter comes over, mom & dad are back when they wake up in the AM).  

I even have a freakin' routine with my dog when I leave because it makes ME feel better!

I wonder if those of us who went through similar episodes, no matter our age or the frequency, are better off because we didn't have the option of FaceTime? I think it would've been much harder being able to see a parent one minute and then have them gone the next.

I still remember when my mom left on my 13th birthday for a month long tour. I'm clearly still bothered/pissed about it as I'm mentioning it here!

My dad worked full time, but my mom did have the brains to think ahead and hire someone to be at the house to make sure we finished our HW, had supper & were taken to after school activities. I never had grandparents, but I'd like to think that if I did, and they lived close to me, I'd have been much more "OK" with having them around if my mom was away. Kim acted like she'd never interacted with Nova before. I understand she probably didn't want to step on Tyler's shoes, but once his "I have no idea how to comfort my own child" ass came back into the kitchen, why the hell didn't Kim at least try to console or distract Nova? I don't get that at all.

I am an adult now, but moved back home temporarily a few months ago and honest to God, my mom left again in Feb without saying goodbye in person. I was SO pissed when I woke up and saw the note saying she had left! I don't think most people understand how traumatizing it can be to not have one last exchange of hugs or the chance to say "travel safely." I'm still probably carrying around abandonment issues from my childhood, I know.

That said, while my first memory is from when I was two years old (and has nothing to do with my mom leaving), it was not recorded on an international TV show. I really hope they find Nova a good children's counselor so she can get a jump start on the eventual issues she might have as she grows older. 

• Love 11

Speaking of Arby’s, that reminds me of a story a co worker told me a few years ago. She was working at an Arby’s one night when her disgruntled coworker pissed in one of the fryers. I was like “did they replace the fryer?”  She said no, they just cleaned it!!!   I’m not even kidding!!!!

Anyway, back to this episode...

i like Christina,  but she looked huge this episode, she is going to end up like Gary if they don’t start eating better and exercising. 

Amber just makes me so mad , she has zero self awareness. 

In regards to the new Young and Pregnant show, I’m sorry but i have no interest in these new moms, they are all awful, except maybe Lexi.  They are the typical trashy, shitty parent having, bad childhood having idiots that i would expect to get pregnant as teenagers. Bar’s mom is a complete psycho. Non of these kids stand a chance. And they all act like, “gee, i wonder if there was something i could have done to prevent this.”  Yes, it’s called wearing a condom!!!!!!!    They are all so dumb and act like they know everything i can’t even stand it!

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, methadonna said:

And the thing ON her head really ain’t right.  

It’s like she got the whole he’s-not-your-kid dinner confused with a baby shower from hell and thought she had to wear all the present gift wrap ribbons on her head and around her wrist.

More importantly, does that hair bow have a Twitter account yet?

(Not gonna lie, though: I cried when Kristina read the DNA results. Which is funny, because I’ve spent 20+ years responding to people who suggest that maybe my father (with whom I have no relationship) is a sane and lovely person now and that I should consider giving him a chance that, “Hey, maybe he is. And I’m sure there are millions of other random men his age whom I don’t know either, and I’ve never once felt compelled to chat one of them up on the street to find out if they’re sane and lovely and want to not be strangers, and they didn’t spend the first half of my life being knowingly batshit and evil, so, while my odds are better off with some random street dude, I’m not planning to start chatting up strangers to fill some non- existent void now” (i.e., biology don’t mean shit to me).

But it clearly did to Gary (and Jody), and so my heat broke for them a bit. (And then, how da fuq did Jody become convicted of a crime for not keeping up with child support when Gary’s sociopath-wrapped-in-a-literal-bow mother straight up said (that she said back in the day) that she wasn’t “sure” who da daddy? Maybe she met guys in Walmart parking lots, too. Poor Gary. I really hope his relationship with Kristina and daughters is as good as it’s depicted, ‘cause he sure had no models for how to partner or parent in any acceptable manner, let alone a great one, and somehow he seems to have figured out both.

And LOLZ to Amby for telling nuMatt how having a baby will change him/make him grow up, just like she saw it did to Gary. No mention of its impact on herself (between that and the sloth, maybe she’s slightly less dumb than I thought?) Of course, no acknowledgement of WHY Gary had to become Superdad (and, if he doesn’t want BedroomTraveler to become a feral child, why nuMatt, too, will suddenly have to learn how to become the sole parent), so maybe not THAT much less dumb, but it was a baby step for Amber, and she was probably never saw a real one from her own Booger Butt, as they’re hard to see from jell or her couch or whatevs, so that’s almost self-taught. Maybe she can start eating in a haute chair next.

I don't know if this has been answered already because I'm just reading through the thread now, but I think Jody "claimed" Gary.  Not sure if he's on the birth certificate or not but if a man "claims" a child and begins to pay support for that child, he will be on the hook for support.  You can still be legally responsible for a child that's not biologically yours.  PSA: if you're not sure you the daddy, demand a DNA test before signing shit!  I felt really bad for Gary and Jodi.  Gary's mom is a cold bitch.  But damned if she doesn't have a type, then.  I wonder what Gary's biological father looks like because he REALLY resembles Jody.

Amber with her sloth spirit animal had me dying.  Of course that's your spirit animal you mature, calm, rational adult you!

I agree Farah needed to be fired for how she abuses the crew, I just wish MTV didn't slut shame her as well.   They didn't actually fire her for abusing the crew, they made the final nail in the coffin the webcam stuff, which was weak and very hypocritical as Kazu pointed out upthread.

Did Maci really only last 3 days on N&A?  Has her ep aired yet?   I don't watch that show but I'll watch that one.   I did think the talk with Bentley was very sweet.

And Amber 2.0.   Good lord.   I'm a public defender and she reminds me of a LOT of my clients.  Her reckless behavior screams that she's still using and I highly doubt it's just adderal.  That girl looks strung out as hell.  I'm guessing it's meth when she can't get her hands on adderal and you don't quit meth out of sheer will power alone.  I also feel bad for Tyler.  That guy has a LOT on his plate emotionally.  No wonder he can't sleep.  Well, that and the giant red bulls he's always slamming.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:34 PM, chuckity said:

In Maci's defense (also, I'm pretty sure I'll never say those 3 words again) it was Celebrity Naked & Afraid and it was only scheduled to last for 3 days.

Are you sure?  She said she would be gone for 16 days and 14 of those days she'd be completely out of contact.  That doesn't make sense if it was only 3 days long.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 10
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, For Cereals said:

I DO NOT know from experience but methinks the perp has to foot the bill so maybe wired is cheaper?  I’m not surprised but didn’t know about Tyler’s sister being aderally...I think 10 days fresh out of jail with a monitoring device isn’t the best time for planning a pregnancy.

WTH is Maci doing?  I wish Farrah weren’t getting fired so she could say that she can’t have Sophia be around people who get naked on TV.  I call shenanigans on MTV for the webcam deal.  This is a girl who has molds of her vagina and anus for sale.  The webcam seems tame...

Really Amber?  A sloth.  Too on the nose.  I would say she’s messing with us, but she’s not that smart.

He was charging it.  You have to plug in your device every day for a small amount of time to charge it.  I've got a lot of clients on house arrest and contrary to popular belief, you're allowed to leave your house.  At least here in Ca if your employer approves, you can go to work while on house arrest as well.  So Butch Jr. needs to get his ass out there and look for some work. 

• Love 13

Well that was really boring. Got through the episode in about 20 minutes. Even with the long anticipated firing of Farrah!

I did notice though I believe Amber wasn’t on her feet for a single second the entire episode. I wouldn’t be so proud myself having a sloth for my spirit animal. And there’s nothing I enjoy more than lounging in my bed with new clean sheets and my IPad/remote control. I walk my dog though about three hours a day. Hence my house doesn’t smell like piss and shit nor has she torn up the place.

She makes Catelynn look like a triathlete. 

• Love 13
21 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Tyler had the MTV cameras on him. It’s all a show. 

I think that with just about every thing I see from Tyler. But that smile seemed really genuine, to me. It seemed like relief. As much as I don't believe Tyler's in love with her, he's known her since he was a kid. I think he really does care for her and worry about her. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

I am so sorry you had to go through that! I totally understand how this feels and it breaks my heart for any child who doesn't get to say goodbye in person or when a parent/guardian calls.

Not a mental health expert and I don't know what Cate's state of mind was when she called home, nor do I know how that scene was edited, but I'm shocked (I know, I know) she didn't insist on saying goodbye to Nova. It spoke volumes to me about her maternal instincts...or lack thereof! Nova's meltdown strongly suggested (to me) that Cate probably leaves Nova a lot, and there isn't any routine or consistency in place so Nova doesn't have any security or structure when it comes to Cate leaving. 

I worked as a babysitter (as I suspect many of us did) for many years, and while kids who did say goodbye to parents/guardians initially had a mini-meltdown, they were fine after five minutes because they knew it was a familiar routine (babysitter comes over, mom & dad are back when they wake up in the AM).  

I even have a freakin' routine with my dog when I leave because it makes ME feel better!

I wonder if those of us who went through similar episodes, no matter our age or the frequency, are better off because we didn't have the option of FaceTime? I think it would've been much harder being able to see a parent one minute and then have them gone the next.

I still remember when my mom left on my 13th birthday for a month long tour. I'm clearly still bothered/pissed about it as I'm mentioning it here!

My dad worked full time, but my mom did have the brains to think ahead and hire someone to be at the house to make sure we finished our HW, had supper & were taken to after school activities. I never had grandparents, but I'd like to think that if I did, and they lived close to me, I'd have been much more "OK" with having them around if my mom was away. Kim acted like she'd never interacted with Nova before. I understand she probably didn't want to step on Tyler's shoes, but once his "I have no idea how to comfort my own child" ass came back into the kitchen, why the hell didn't Kim at least try to console or distract Nova? I don't get that at all.

I am an adult now, but moved back home temporarily a few months ago and honest to God, my mom left again in Feb without saying goodbye in person. I was SO pissed when I woke up and saw the note saying she had left! I don't think most people understand how traumatizing it can be to not have one last exchange of hugs or the chance to say "travel safely." I'm still probably carrying around abandonment issues from my childhood, I know.

That said, while my first memory is from when I was two years old (and has nothing to do with my mom leaving), it was not recorded on an international TV show. I really hope they find Nova a good children's counselor so she can get a jump start on the eventual issues she might have as she grows older. 

I agree i am a grandma of one and i would of picked him up immediately that broke my heart...

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, druzy said:

Maybe Amber is messing with us. Screenshots with closed caption:

sa1.png

SA.png

ROFl!  It was just as ridiculous as I remembered it.

I wonder if Amber is on some sort of blood thinner to prevent blood clots. . . considering her level of inactivity.  Discuss.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

@IDreamofJoaquin

@hoosiermom

@Mothra

Well, shit.  It's "artsy?"  In exactly which way?  As an example of an ugly room that's hard to look at, even in a photograph?

Thanks for straightening us out, I guess--I'd really rather it would be the baby's room, though.  It *ought* to be the baby's room.  I know it, you know it, we all know it.

• Love 6

Thanks @lezlers for clearing that up about the ankle bracelet.

I was a night manager at Arby's millions of years ago. Ohhh the stories I could share. One quick story. An employee took lettuce from a sandwich that was in the trash can because "it was still good" and put it in a sandwich she was making for a customer.

I hesitated mentioning this, but here goes. I am a sloth lover. They are my favorite wild animal. Sharks are my favorite ocean animal. Anyways, I have three stuffed sloths of various sizes. Two were gifts. I feel so calm when watching documentaries on sloths. I am fascinated by these creatures. I won't let Amber ruin it for me. She has no cares for sloths. It is not her spirit animal. Sloths do more than that bitch will ever do in her lifetime. Amber's spirit animal is a SLUG.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Totally. And I cracked up because Ty looked like he only had a few to pack up, and yet his face was pained as if he had been digging ditches in the hot sun for 12 hours. He is in for such a rude awakening when this shit show ends and he is working at Wendy’s on his hoofs all day or roofing if he is lucky. I would laugh  if the rude awakening were not going to be so goddamn painful and tragic.

I attributed his face and his grunts in response to Billy the Dealer to the fact that his junkie sister and her fresh out of jail dealer were barging into his house with their gaggle of kids, wreaking havoc and trying to ply Nova with sugar right after he got back from taking his father, then his wife to rehab.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Lol. Wendy’s was my first job. If he wants to make the big bucks (50 cents above minimum wage) he would need to take the closing shifts, which mean a full day on your feet serving rude people while keeping your back hovered over a hot fryer or the fry scooping station (insert later back problems) to look forward to the moment you can lock the doors and see the sad faces of the late arrivers when thy realize they are too late for their bowl of chili and baked potato only to be overwhelmed with a hairy and greesy manager rushing you to close up the restaurant.

After a long shift, closing entailed cleaning a gross fryer full of grease. Cleaning the fry station that takes FOREVER because you know how easy it is to clean up oil spills.

Mopping up all the stuck on ketchup from the dining area. Cleaning the frosty machine. Cleaning tons of condiment dishes. Cleaning tables, cleaning windows; cleaning bathrooms (we know how people treat fast food restaurant bathrooms - I had one customer that thought rubbing shit all over the wall was cute and funny since he was pissed that our idea of extra pickles was an extra two instead of five).

Stocking up for the next shift which meant going into the walk-in freezer and cooler with wet pants on because the broken mop bucket spilled nasty water on your pants (wet pants and freezer - cold!) and old shoes that already have a hole in it because you don’t make enough money to replace your uniform that they don’t supply you with (just a fancy shirt, hat and name tag).

All of this closing work is AFTER a very long shift, but you get a routine down and learn to close the restaurant super fast but DAMN THE PEOPLE that would show up 1 minute before closing asking for speciality sandwiches knowing that we purposely made the most popular orders before breaking down the burger making stations to get a head start on cleanup in order to not go home so late. They never put enough closers on the shift to save money so it was usually just me and maaaaaybe that one guy that doesn’t speak English but knows enough to say “me back and hip is bad you mop, you mop” ?

Ahhhhh, memories. I never forget where I came from. Whenever I have a friend or family member get rude to a fast food employee I always defend the employees (mom: “how hard is it to be a fast food worker? They forgot my fries? I want to complain to their manager Me: um, try very hard. Not mentally hard, but hell yeah to the physical demands being hard).

Rinse and repeat.

It’s crazy how the more you do the less you’re paid and the less that you do the more you get paid. Whenever I have a colleague complain about their job I remind them of my first job and what I was paid to do that crappy job...they perk right up soon after while being greatful for their jobs. Productivity control. ?

Tyler has NO IDEA how common his daily duties are but throw in an 8 hour job that requires real work and a boss and you’re going to miss how “hectic” your life was back in the TM cash cow days. I’m so excited to watch a “where are they now?” to hope these TM people have low wage jobs that really show them what stress is like.

I’m rambling again. I’ve had the worst week of my life and I finally got to watch this episode and seeing these people complain about their stress is pissing me off.

Giiiiiiiiiirl, I feel you.  I waited tables through some of high school and college.  When I was dating I went out with a guy that tried to go into a restaurant 10 mins before close and argued with me when I told him I wouldn't do it.  Never went out with him again.  You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat people in the service industry.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I was a night manager at Arby's millions of years ago. Ohhh the stories I could share. One quick story. An employee took lettuce from a sandwich that was in the trash can because "it was still good."

I hesitated mentioning this, but here goes. I am a sloth lover. They are my favorite wild animal. Sharks are my favorite ocean animal. Anyways, I have three stuffed sloths of various sizes. Two were gifts. I feel so calm when watching documentaries on sloths. I am fascinated by these creatures. I won't let Amber ruin it for me. She has no cares for sloths. It is not her spirit animal. Sloths do more than that bitch will ever do in her lifetime. Amber's spirit animal is a SLUG.

I know a lot of people who love sloths (and none are lazy either). They are adorable.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What move had a sloth in it as a DMV employee? I can’t remember and it’s bugging me !!

Zootopia!  My husband laughs until he cries about that scene. 

Quite opposite of any Amber scenes. 

• Love 3
On 3/13/2018 at 9:36 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Disregard the quote box.

I used this pic today to describe a girl at work typing. She's a really shitty typer. Never seen anything like it.

IMG_1274.PNG

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I was a night manager at Arby's millions of years ago. Ohhh the stories I could share. One quick story. An employee took lettuce from a sandwich that was in the trash can because "it was still good" and put it in a sandwich she was making for a customer.

I now feel the need to apologize to the sloths and acknowledge Amber is more of a slug.

They are very cute. Not a fan of sharks. Though Jaws is my favorite movie - my family has a house on the ocean in North Florida and when I go into it (after a lot of years) I still like to go...

“What’s your name?” 

“Chrissy”

”Where are you going?”

”Swimming”

We’ve seen sharks close enough to shore I worry about my dogs becoming Pippin. They haven’t killed (or really bit) anybody yet. My opinion is it’s their ocean and we’re the ones who should get out of their way.

Sorry for obscure Jaws reference.

I’ve always wanted a Pygmy goat myself.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I now feel the need to apologize to the sloths and acknowledge Amber is more of a slug.

They are very cute. Not a fan of sharks. Though Jaws is my favorite movie - my family has a house on the ocean in North Florida and when I go into it (after a lot of years) I still like to go...

“What’s your name?” 

“Chrissy”

”Where are you going?”

”Swimming”

We’ve seen sharks close enough to shore I worry about my dogs becoming Pippin. They haven’t killed (or really bit) anybody yet.

Sorry for obscure Jaws reference.

I’ve always wanted a Pygmy goat myself.

Jaws is my favorite film!

Great Whites here on the Pacific Coast. Yes, I always think about sharks when I am at the beach. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

Jaws is my favorite film!

Great Whites here on the Pacific Coast. Yes, I always think about sharks when I am at the beach. 

I also just edited my post to say we’re the ones that probably need to get out of their way.

I’m originally Long Island. Most people don’t realize they have a pretty big seasonal Great White population at the eastern end.

Don’t get me started on Jaws. It literally is my favorite film. Are we soulmates? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

I also just edited my post to say we’re the ones that probably need to get out of their way.

I’m originally Long Island. Most people don’t realize they have a pretty big seasonal Great White population at the eastern end.

Don’t get me started on Jaws. It literally is my favorite film. Are we soulmates? 

Soulmates.?❤

*insert Jaws theme*

Amber should go take a swim in the ocean ?‍♂️ after the baby is born.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

Anyone else think tyler’s Sister and her boyfriend got a little screen time so they could get money in their pockets. I have no doubt Amber asks Tyler for money all the time. Maybe he figured this was a way to get them off his back and give him a storyline while Cate is gone. It is obvious Tyler has no desire to be around his sister and her boyfriend. He seemed embarrassed. His sister reminds of one of those people you hide your valuables from before they come over. The boyfriend was weird. He seems to be trying to build a relationship with Tyler so he can ask for a handout later down the road. 

• Love 16

I agree with above posters. MethAmberphetamine (credit: @pheebs) and billy the bracelet were just so awkwardly trying to become a new cast member to score some MTV cash before the well dries up - and the well is on drip mode right now because MTV is getting desperate for storylines and nothing is working. The show is NOTHING like it was before to the point that I’m actually forgetting when a new episode airs and I was a hardcore viewer.

Tyler was like “Dude, don’t bro me, you and my sister will be divorced in a month - no you can’t borrow any money!” And Billy the bracelet just stands there with the floor creaking looking for a curtain to hide behind for his embarrassing exit hoping that scene reaches the cutting room floor but how else will he become an MTV star. He has DREAMS, Tyler!!! You CRUSHED it for the man! ?

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 12