Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: The Finale: Winner is Announced!

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I should have seen this coming a mile a way.  Given the entitled attitude that many celebrities seem to have, it shouldn't be all that surprising that they seemed bitter at being booted.  Sure, they can put on a brave face and pretend that it is just a game and pretend it is all sunshine and rainbows, but when it comes to voting, it sure doesn't seem like such a game.

Of course, it could also be that they were going to vote for a woman no matter what.

Ross got screwed.

I like Marissa, but no way in hell did she deserve to win.

No different from any season of Big Brother. Which HG hasn't felt resentful of having been manipulated or booted out. 

I do think the women wanted a woman to win. Ross only stood a chance with Mark in F2. Not fair or very gamesmanship , but human nature.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Julie says that she would be shocked if Celebrity BB didn't come back in some way, shape or form in the future -- but it "has to be the right time."

ya, next time NBC gets the Olympics coverage and ABC doesn't have anything important lined up.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Nashville said:

This is one specific area where I think the drastically shortened timeline has a negative impact upon the game.  These Jurors don’t have any appreciable time before Jury to cool down and take stock - of their own game, or the games of others.  Under such conditions there can’t help but be an increased Jury propensity for pure-emotion voting - aka a “bitter Jury”.

Also they get to go home and see all the lying and shit-talking people did behind their backs, which can only make them more bitter.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Skyfall said:

Do it in the summer and make the regular season shorter.

I would love to see them make the regular season shorter regardless of whether we have CBB again or not.  They should cut the prize in half and have two short seasons every summer.  That way players will be invested from the beginning, the producers will have less time to interfere with all their stupid "twists", I will get a whole new cast right around the time all of them really start getting on my nerves, and we may get a wider variety of people willing to be on the show because they won't have to quit their jobs in order to do it.  I can't see any downside.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, cheewhiz said:

ya, next time NBC gets the Olympics coverage and ABC doesn't have anything important lined up.

I think you're exactly right.   I wish they could do the Celebrity edition more often, but -- based on what both Julie Chen and BB veteran Jason Roy said -- "timing" seems to be a big issue.  Both Julie and Jason seemed to think that Celeb BB would happen again, but the "timing" has to be right.   Jason even said he could picture Celeb BB coming back every few years, like when there is an Olympics.  

I certainly hope it's more often than every 4 years, but it also doesn't quite sound like CBS wants to do Celeb BB every year.  They're not even doing the online-only, scaled down, Big Brother Over the Top every year -- and that can't be too hard to pull off -- and they might not ever do it again.  They are sticking with the summer show being their main BB installment, and the other versions of BB are just kind of 'once in a while' installments.

Edited by TVFan17
12 hours ago, windtrix said:

Shannon is a whiny, sore loser, bitch who is used to always getting her way. She had no more right to stay in the house than anyone else. She was out early because she did not play the best, whatever the “best” is.

Shannon was out early because she came in expecting to play a good game against others prepared to do the same. But they mostly weren't or didn't care to, so she immediately wound up with a huge target on her back and just about no chance of making it very far. It's understandable that she'd be sore at anyone she didn't think took the game seriously and TPTB for their casting. I hope they invite her back once they have the kinks worked out.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Shannon was out early because she came in expecting to play a good game against others prepared to do the same. But they mostly weren't or didn't care to, so she immediately wound up with a huge target on her back and just about no chance of making it very far. It's understandable that she'd be sore at anyone she didn't think took the game seriously and TPTB for their casting. I hope they invite her back once they have the kinks worked out.

But she is still sore at Ross.. who actually DID play a good game and actually DID take it seriously.  As a supposed super fan, she can't recognize that?  How is it that she voted for the person (to win) who was the lesser player of the final 2 instead of the person who actually did take it seriously and went there to play?

Shannon needs to get over it.  She was still showing her bitterness last night, and it's not a good look.  Not to mention the fact that she acted like a child in the house, as soon as she was nominated.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Shannon needs to get over it.  She was still showing her bitterness last night, and it's not a good look. 

Agree. She was screwed out of the experience she was hoping for by TPTB, but she shouldn't have allowed her bitterness to spill over to innocent parties around her. Although, it couldn't have helped to have Metta around. Speaking of whom, I couldn't help but wonder if Metta was still bitter about being stuck in the house for so long, and his comments during voting meant as revenge; Julie seemed horrified.

17 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Just now watching it since I got home from work late and I'm checking out Twitter...

Cody: Marissa

Jessica: Ross

My Girl Jess always was the sensible one in that pair. 

Arguably the worst winner ever.  Did nothing, admitted to doing nothing, coasted on the back of her alliance, and won because She Has A Kid, which is feels slightly homophobic, IMO.  Ross isn't as good as he thinks he is (did he yet know, as of last night, that he didn't really "win" Bowlerina with Shannon getting James to throw the final round?), but he was 1,000,000x more deserving than Ms."I was honest, except when I wasn't, but I still felt like I was", etc.

I mean, not as vile as Andy or Dickless (obviously), but at least they put in work.  Marissa's "skill" was in not pissing away the votes she had when she walked in the door.  Yay?

17 hours ago, Wings said:

I love Ari wearing a baseball jacket over her dress.  Very cool. 

Rather bizarre, IMO.  It works, I guess, but I don't see it trending.

Nice dress from Brandi.  I mean, she bought them so we could see them, I get it, but still.

24 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:
18 hours ago, Wings said:

I love Ari wearing a baseball jacket over her dress.  Very cool. 

Rather bizarre, IMO.  It works, I guess, but I don't see it trending.

It is and bomber jackets, too.  :^)

Edited by Wings
17 hours ago, Michichick said:

Oh well, at least Paul lost twice and that will be enough to keep me happy.

True, the last three losers were Paul, Jason, and Paul.  We couldn't be that lucky forever.  (And again, as undeserving as I feel Marissa might be, I think she's light-years ahead of BananaBeard and the Swansea Stockboy.  I wish her and Zev good things.  I just wish us a better winner.)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

But even Omarosa, supposed superfan, had ulterior motives for voting for Marissa. I wish someone clued her in that a girl has already beaten a guy twice, and that history doesn't need to be made anymore. Omarosa's reasons for voting for Ross were just as bitter as Shannon's. So it was equally both of them at fault.

Oh yeah, James definitely misunderstood and thought he was talking about James. Though, with that wording, I can see how it hurt someone like James, who has a HUGE ego. 

The thing is that Omorosa turned to Shannon to ask who she was voting for like Shannon was the leader of the pack.  Then Omorosa told Ari.  And the two fell into line.  I suspect these two thought Shannon, "superfan" that she was (LOL), would have been online at lot and have had a handle on how "America" felt about the final two as well as in they wanted to vote the popular choice.  Bet they were both shocked when Ross actually won the popular choice.  And yeah I agree James was totally clueless.

5 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

But the pacing made me not care much about any of them.  In a full season, there is so much sheer time you see the people interact outside of the DR, you get to know them.  

Which is a good thing because the more you come to "know" people on BB the more you start to hate them.  Very wise to have a shorter season period.  Like last summer I hated all the houseguests except maybe the first two or three out.  They escaped before any negative crap came out about their behavior, opinions, etc.  Like what they said below  in this post ....

4 hours ago, Couver said:

Plus we avoided the usual toxic racism, sexism, homophobia reveals that we get from the usual trash people the show loves to cast during its normal seasons.

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Julie said CBB is 80% likely to return. Just hard to find out where to schedule it since it takes up so much prime time real estate.

Perfect solution in post below, Julie:

3 hours ago, Skyfall said:

Do it in the summer and make the regular season shorter.

This a thousand times over.

1 hour ago, lilabennet said:

I would love to see them make the regular season shorter regardless of whether we have CBB again or not.  They should cut the prize in half and have two short seasons every summer.  That way players will be invested from the beginning, the producers will have less time to interfere with all their stupid "twists", I will get a whole new cast right around the time all of them really start getting on my nerves, and we may get a wider variety of people willing to be on the show because they won't have to quit their jobs in order to do it.  I can't see any downside.

Or even this.  Because the show is way too damn long in the summer and it is endless shots of people lying around doing nothing or going into total asshole behavior or showmance crap.  All of which I hate.  It is totally stale now and way too slow paced for this fast paced smartphone era.

1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Shannon was out early because she did NOT play a good game.  Everyone knows you don't go full blown pedal to the metal right out of the gate even in a shorter version.  And Ross was the only one that truly seems to take the game seriously and she hated him for it.  And many others were there to play as well but not as stupidly as her.  If she is ever back on the show I won't watch that season.  But no chance of that because of her cry baby tantrums on the show and her jury bittercakes later that turned America off towards her.

Edited by green
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Shannon just admitted in her live interview that the girls agreed (once the jury sat down together) to vote for Marissa.  Oma turned around and asked Shannon who to vote for, and Shannon said she was voting for Marissa.  So Oma and Ari said, "OK... we'll vote for Marissa."

Ugh, talk about celebs acting entitled.  Last season Cody couldn't even go hug Jessica, because it was against the rules, now the jury is conferring in public about the votes?  Sit there and shut up, as you're supposed to be doing.  

Sheesh.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, green said:

But no chance of that because of her cry baby tantrums on the show and her jury bittercakes later that turned America off towards her.

Not that I don't agree that she was being a crybaby and I officially dropped her during the finale, but she WAS in the top three for AFP before the jury stuff and she was much, much worse in the house, so if that didn't turn people off, I'm not feeling like the finale did either. 

Personally, I'm just happy AFP didn't have Omarosa in top three. It means that her little trick of trying to get into people's good graces again didn't work. 

41 minutes ago, green said:

The thing is that Omorosa turned to Shannon to ask who she was voting for like Shannon was the leader of the pack.  Then Omorosa told Ari.  And the two fell into line.  I suspect these two thought Shannon, "superfan" that she was (LOL), would have been online at lot and have had a handle on how "America" felt about the final two as well as in they wanted to vote the popular choice.  Bet they were both shocked when Ross actually won the popular choice.  And yeah I agree James was totally clueless.

Except Omarosa is a superfan as well. I honestly don't know WHAT Omarosa was doing, but she was consistently not paying attention to Julie all throughout the finale, which pissed me off. She did it during her interview too. But Omarosa was voting Marissa over Ross even before asking Shannon, so I really don't get what that whole thing was. Also, it seemed like Keshia was voting Marissa as was Chuck, so the three likely talked outside of the house. 

I will say that now Andy is NOT my worst winner out of all the seasons I've seen (to be fair, I never watched Dick's season so I cannot count him). Not that Marissa's a bad person, but....she just didn't earn it. She really didn't do anything besides win final HOH and win one veto that she couldn't even use. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Michichick said:

Oh well, at least Paul lost twice and that will be enough to keep me happy.

In my mind, Paul lost three times when he arrogantly assumed he was the superior winner.   He lost BB twice, and then the biggest schadenfreude loss of all:  America's Favorite Player to his biggest rival Cody.  THAT was delicious.  And if you take Cody and Jessica's win on The Amazing Race, then hopefully Paul won't emerge from his mother's basement for a long, long time.  Ha!

I'm OK with a Marissa win, but only if she won because of her gameplay and not because Shannon was in a snit.

• Love 1

The only way Ross would have won against a woman, would have been up against Omarosa.  Pretty sure he would have lost to every other woman.  His fatal flaw was not owning his lies and backstabbing.   And he had too many deals.  Plus most of his comp wins were thrown to him. 

I still say his biggest mistake was backdooring Shannon.  He was not even on her radar and most likely to the end.   Second, not looking at the jury.   The woman were going to vote for Marissa.  Ross thought he was part/leader of the women’s group but he was always the low on that totem pole.  Pretty sure if he was in the final two with a man, he’d won.

I thought the finalist were not eligible for fan fav.  I side eye Ross winning.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, green said:

Shannon was out early because she did NOT play a good game.  Everyone knows you don't go full blown pedal to the metal right out of the gate even in a shorter version.

That's not what she thought she was doing. She was caught by surprise that the others turned in such a pathetic showing.

• Love 2

Not too many Shannon fans here, but I still like her.  I voted for her and James for AFP.  I didn't get the feeds, so maybe if I saw her on there, I'd have a different opinion.  They didn't really show much crying on air, so maybe I'd get sick of it on the feeds.  

• Love 4

Julie was nicer to this cast and was more relaxed and friendly because she sees the others celebrities as peers. She can hardly hide her disdain for “commoners” (i.e. regular folks who are cast).

• Love 4

Her son kept approaching her because he missed her so much. The Dad hung back respectfully to give mother and son some bonding time. At his age, kids really really miss their mom.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

That's not what she thought she was doing. She was caught by surprise that the others turned in such a pathetic showing.

3 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

What was pathetic about it?  That they preferred to ally with someone besides her?   

Everybody and their cat were claiming to be huge BB superfans, so Shannon is saying she expected everybody else to be playing super hard straight out of the gate as well.  

The rest all hung back, though - which, unless I’m mistaken, is exactly what a real superfan would do.  ;)

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Not that I don't agree that she was being a crybaby and I officially dropped her during the finale, but she WAS in the top three for AFP before the jury stuff and she was much, much worse in the house, so if that didn't turn people off, I'm not feeling like the finale did either. 

Somewhere here the vote percentages were listed, Shannon didn't do well even tho she was in the top 3. 

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Marissa was one of the original co-hosts on the show.

When was that ?

• Love 2

Today on "The Talk", James said he voted for Marissa because he was pissed at Ross for taking credit for winning the Bowlerina challenge. It seemed (to me) by this point, Ross was made aware that Shannon told James to throw the challenge to Ross.

Ross to James: "And who told you to throw it?"

That garnered a lot of "ohhhhhhhhs" from the CBB peeps and everyone else in the room. As Ross and James were about to talk about it further, they cut to a damn commercial and then the show was over.

Marissa kept playing with her damn hair extensions and adjusting her (horizontally striped!!) sweater dress during the show. It was so annoying and made her look even more stupid on national television, which I didn't think was possible. She truly acted like she'd never been on a stage before. 

I really hope the "thing her son asked her for" (with the prize money) are noise cancelling headphones!

The only person who could ever get away with being called Lady O is Oprah, and she'd never even dream about giving herself such a moniker. Oprah has got more class, humility and the ability to pronounce the letter "L" in her pinky finger than Omarosa has in her entire body.

Why does non-Lady O refer to her husband as Pastor John Newman? Is she trying to advertise his church or get him more social media followers? Why can't she just call him John? It seems so bizarre!

James must've forgotten his jacket at home during the finale show, but he finally got to wear a jacket while "doing press!"

Mark was thrilled to find out about Ross planning on taking him to the final 2. He gave some great answers on the show, in his classy and humorous way. If Mark doesn't get more TV work after participating on CBB, I will be shocked.

I really encourage you fine folks who didn't get a chance to watch it today to find the interview via YouTube or watch it On Demand.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Not that I don't agree that she was being a crybaby and I officially dropped her during the finale, but she WAS in the top three for AFP

I think that was because people were posting they were voting for her online because they were all guessing that she would "give the money to the elephants."  I never once saw anyone posting that they were voting for her because of Shannon herself.  Julie should have read the final three as Ross, James and Elephants.

And MrsJamieDornan, if you find the percentages I'd love to see them regards this vote.

14 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I googled it and it looked like she had a few-times-a-week segment for just a few months but was let go in Jan.  2011.   On The Talk, that is.  

Marissa let go on some show called "The Talk?"  Hahahaha, too funny.

13 hours ago, Bridget said:

Today on "The Talk", James said he voted for Marissa because was pissed at Ross for taking credit for winning the Bowlerina challenge. It seemed (to me) by this point, Ross was made aware that Shannon told James to throw the challenge to Ross.

Ross to James: "And who told you to throw it?"

Mark was thrilled to find out about Ross planning on taking him to the final 2. He gave some great answers on the show, in his classy and humorous way. If Mark doesn't get more TV work after participating on CBB, I will be shocked.

I really encourage you fine folks who didn't get a chance to watch it today to find the interview via YouTube or watch it On Demand.

Good for Ross.  Like I said in this thread, James did NOT win the game.  Ross did.  Period.  Bottom line.

So it was stupid to get upset at Ross claiming to win something he did win and will be so noted forever in the record book when you yourself threw the damn game.  So for James to get upset that his NON-win got somehow taken away from him is really really sad.  The only one he has to blame for losing that game was himself if he assumed he would have been the winner had he not "thrown" the game.  So lose it he did.  Which meant Ross won it no matter how you parse it. 

Ego much.  James turned out to be a big baby at the end.  "Whaaaa, I won that tutu thing.  I'm the greatest!"  Please.  God these bitter, sulking, immature people like James drive me crazy.  Especially over such a dumb thing as a silly game played in a tutu on a trashy reality show for crying out loud.

Glad to hear Mark acted like an adult.

Edited by green
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Nashville said:

Everybody and their cat were claiming to be huge BB superfans, so Shannon is saying she expected everybody else to be playing super hard straight out of the gate as well.  

The rest all hung back, though - which, unless I’m mistaken, is exactly what a real superfan would do.  ;)

Exactly. Shannon acted like a young kid who had just watched her first season and thought she would show everyone. A true superfan would have studied the game more and been more nuanced in their approach. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I know, I was thinking who would want to hear that voice?  Her inflections are so annoying.  So I tried to google up a clip but found something else instead.  Apparently, in 2015 she had a TLC show called All About Sex, that lasted 6 episodes.  Who thought that would be a good idea?

Vocal fry, up-speak and exaggerated glottal stops in someone past their teens is just embarrassing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Sometimes I feel bad for Shannon and then I remember R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-I-E-S.

Shannon told Julie that she had initially spelled a shorter word that would win in most seasons, then went back for more letters. She doubted herself because she thought she was up against other superfans and figured at least one of them would want to win the comp. It wasn't her fault that they were mostly posers, and if the season weren't so compressed, she'd have had more time to figure that out before the comp.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, slasherboy said:

With no more CBB, what am I going to watch on TV all night???  Come on summer!!!

BBCan6 starts next Wednesday (7th March).  Fire up your torrents and start grabbing those episodes.

12 hours ago, green said:

James turned out to be a big baby at the end.  "Whaaaa, I won that tutu thing.  I'm the greatest!" 

IMO there's a difference between claiming to have "won" the comp (which James did not do) and being upset at Ross for refusing to acknowledge that his "triumph" was not exactly unassisted.  Ross constantly bragged on his beating Metta ("to be a champion you have to beat a champion", blah blah) and yet he never admitted that his "win" was entirely due to James taking a strategic dive.  Unjustified bragging isn't the best way to win votes, apparently.

• Love 3
On 2/26/2018 at 11:28 AM, Couver said:

Plus we avoided the usual toxic racism, sexism, homophobia reveals that we get from the usual trash people the show loves to cast during its normal seasons.

I think one of the main reasons for this is that the house was filled with people who are/were already famous, not a bunch of famewhores eager for camera time, so they already have experience when it comes to safeguarding their public persona and watching what they say on camera. Even if they were horrible bigots (and I don't think any of them were), they at least have enough media experience to know enough not to say it.  That and the lack of fake showmances is part of what made this season so enjoyable for me.

• Love 3
On 2/26/2018 at 2:13 AM, Bridget said:

Julie did refer to this as the "inaugural season of CBB", so there's hope for more seasons!

I really think Metta voted for Ross on purpose. I think he was only trying to continue to play along with the clueless act at such a heightened time of tension and suspense to diffuse the bitterness.

I've seen a few posts (like the one above) that stated that Metta voted for Ross.  Am I misremembering?  I thought Metta voted for Marissa (because I remember thinking before they revealed Chuck's vote that, if Chuck had voted for Ross, than it would have been 4 for Marissa and 4 for Ross, with Metta as the "tie-breaker," but Chuck voted for Marissa, so Metta's vote -- even if it was random -- didn't change the outcome).

2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Shannon told Julie that she had initially spelled a shorter word that would win in most seasons, then went back for more letters. She doubted herself because she thought she was up against other superfans and figured at least one of them would want to win the comp. It wasn't her fault that they were mostly posers, and if the season weren't so compressed, she'd have had more time to figure that out before the comp.

Actually it wasn't their fault they knew how to play the game and she was just a poser who kept exposing herself as the bull in the china shop messing with how BB should be played by real fans. Thus she was a person out of control with her play and needed to be shown the door so the real players could get on with the game.  I'm starting to think that even Metta had a better game plan for the season than she did.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

I've seen a few posts (like the one above) that stated that Metta voted for Ross.  Am I misremembering?  I thought Metta voted for Marissa (because I remember thinking before they revealed Chuck's vote that, if Chuck had voted for Ross, than it would have been 4 for Marissa and 4 for Ross, with Metta as the "tie-breaker," but Chuck voted for Marissa, so Metta's vote -- even if it was random -- didn't change the outcome).

Brandi, Metta and Mark all voted for Ross. Everyone else voted for Marissa.

• Love 3

Just my opinion of course but when couples hook up in the first couple days and give themselves stupid names like Jody, Marlena and Maven, that's what is fake to me. And I'm not talking about just last season, there are always people who go into the house with the main goal of getting into a showmance because that's guaranteed to give them more air time. Sure, some of the couples continue dating but most of them fizzle out, because they were never real.  Also, screw Mike Boogie, for creating the word "showmance". (And for multiple other reasons, of course.)

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Just my opinion of course but when couples hook up in the first couple days and give themselves stupid names like Jody, Marlena and Maven, that's what is fake to me. And I'm not talking about just last season, there are always people who go into the house with the main goal of getting into a showmance because that's guaranteed to give them more air time. Sure, some of the couples continue dating but most of them fizzle out, because they were never real.  Also, screw Mike Boogie, for creating the word "showmance". (And for multiple other reasons, of course.)

I think you secretly love Mike Boogie!  Just playing!

I hate the showmances except for Jeff and Jordan.

It was so refreshing to see a group of people who were decent people, minus Oma and Brandi, and no showmances. 

I miss it already!!

• Love 1

I feel like Ross can very legitimately say he beat the champion, because the final two in Bowlerina came down to Ross and James, and Metta didn’t throw his turn, right?  So regardless if the final winner was Ross or James doesn’t matter because Ross still beat Metta by virtue of the fact that Ross played the game longer.  Also, James, take your bittercakes and go away.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, green said:

Actually it wasn't their fault they knew how to play the game and she was just a poser who kept exposing herself as the bull in the china shop messing with how BB should be played by real fans. Thus she was a person out of control with her play and needed to be shown the door so the real players could get on with the game.  I'm starting to think that even Metta had a better game plan for the season than she did.

I'd buy that if more of the others were even able to spell a word.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Silo said:

Is it just me or did Omarosa adjust her gameplay after she came back from the hospital? It seemed like she toned down much of her aggression.

It's not just you.  I got that impression as well.  The only time I saw it start to come back, but only a bit, was when Ross nominated her for eviction.  

• Love 4

Shannon’s issue was not that she’s smarter than the other contestants. The issue was that they felt she lorded it over them. They were intimidated and it made them want to get rid of her. If she had higher social IQ, she would have realized she needed to downplay her intellectual ability.

• Love 4