Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: The Finale: Winner is Announced!

• Start Topic

Just now, vb68 said:

I think less of him that he let whatever Marissa was babbling about turn him.

I don't think it was Marissa's babbling that won him over, but more that he was looking for something from Ross and he didn't get it. I guess he was looking for clarification on his game, or if he was loyal to James or SOMETHING. 

I glanced at James' face a few times during Ross' answers, and he didn't look that happy. And, to be fair, Ross' answers were better than Marissa's, but they were also half assed and very Paul-like (I didn't LIE....I PIVOTED). 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Shannon, James, and Ross are top three.

And Ross won. LOL, if he wasn't in F2, it would have gone to James, I think.

I'd you win you still get favorite.  Didn't Ian win both? 

So, the women, sans Brandi finally stuck together. Why couldn't they do that during the season.

Not my favorite  winner but okay. Ross played the best game but that doesn't always win.

Conngrats to both. Marissa for the win and Ross for Favorite HG.

Fun, fun season. Thank you houseguests.

• Love 6

Now that Ari stupidly gave her vote to Marissa, for some reason that I can't figure out, I am glad that Ari didn't even crack the top 3 for America's Favorite!!    She kept talking about how loyal she was for the whole game, and yet the person she said she would vote for if he got to Final 2, she did not vote for.    Ross even kept her in the game when Mark suggested getting rid of Ari instead of Omarosa.  I think Omarosa got to Ari and convinced her that they had to vote for a female.

Anyway, Ari will do fine in her modeling career.  She is beautiful, so she won't have any trouble finding work.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 5

This did seem like a bitter jury, while I would preferred Ross to win, I am ok with Marissa winning. I have enjoyed this season IMMENSELY. It was so enjoyful and such a refreshment from last season. But I am glad that Ross won AFP, he or Shannon deserved it. Dont know what they saw in James excepts his good looks and his nice 6 pack. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I’ve been watching reality competition shows for approximately 17 years and to the best of my remembrance my favorite has won twice (Survivor: Cook Islands and American Idol: Phillip Phillips).  Why can’t I have nice things?!?

AHA! So, YOU'RE the cooler! Here's what we are going to need you to do, find the most annoying and obnoxious players and root for them to win. They should lose bigly pretty quickly and leave the lesser aholes to the end.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

No, because AFP isn't usually eligible for anyone in F2. But for celebrities, I guess who cares??

lol I mean, they didnt even get to be sequestered so why follow any other rules? Which I wish I lived in that alternate reality where they were sequestered. I wonder how much of a difference that would've made.

• Love 2

I find it funny about all those people who ridiculously preach about integrity. Particularly fans of the show.

Omarosa and Keisha lied first and they are bitter about getting caught. The high horse is hilarious.

Shannon, as a competitor, was equally betrayed by both people but blames Ross over the fact that he won the most total challenges.

I don't know I feel it was pro-female or anti-gay decision making going on because society places expectations on how you are allowed to behave when they try to place you in a box. It doesn't matter now.

There are deservedly bitter juries(Paul), and undeserved ones(Michelle in Survivor). That is part of life. Omarosa playing the victim is still the most laughable part of this. Marissa, to me, was the least deserving of the final four, but hardly disappointing. I'll take "meh" over bad any day.

• Love 5
Just now, MKL122788 said:

I don't know I feel it was pro-female or anti-gay decision making going on because society places expectations on how you are allowed to behave when they try to place you in a box. It doesn't matter now.

Oh, that does remind me, when Chuck voted, he said he voted for the person who played the "straightest" game. Was that just horrible wording, or intentional??

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, that does remind me, when Chuck voted, he said he voted for the person who played the "straightest" game. Was that just horrible wording, or intentional??

I honestly think he isn't smart enough for it to be intentional? But I wouldn't put it past him to vote that way but just really have it be horrible wording.

• Love 3

Players are getting more and more small minded. Why can't they give someone credit for playing the game. I am glad Ross got his last words in. Folks its big brother. There is going to be lying. How did they see Marissa as the better player ?  I don't get it.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, missyb said:

Players are getting more and more small minded. Why can't they give someone credit for playing the game. I am glad Ross got his last words in. Folks its big brother. There is going to be lying. How did they see Marissa as the better player ?  I don't get it.

It's baffling, but Shannon's been making it clear online that she's more bitter with Ross, so her decision was not surprising. Omarosa doesn't like that Ross targeted her but it was also a gender thing for her. Possibly same with Keshia on the gender thing. Ari and Chuck are complete wild cards. James is a little more tricky because he made it clear when inserting his key that he just changed his mind on who to vote for due to the jury speeches. Clearly, James was not pleased with the way Ross answered the questions (perhaps his own question?), and that's why he flipped his vote to Marissa. And I guess that's fair on James' behalf. After the votes were locked in, Ross even said that he wasn't loyal to James at all (more Mark than James) so that probably just reinforced his vote. 

But I guess this past year of BB is a clear reminder that jury management is actually really important in this age of Big Brother. People can get really bitter and entitled if they feel deceived and backstabbed. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

I'm glad Mark was in this season because I didn't used to care for him but now I really like him.

Wanted a Ross win, didn't get it.

But like somebody said, at least Paul lost twice.  Hee Hee

I guess I did like it when Paul lost. And , I was a Josh fan from day one. I saw how he played the game from the very beginning ( or at least what we saw as the beginning). Just because Paul was the busiest, doe not mean Josh did not play

Buut, back to CBBUS, glad Ross won the Fan Favorite.

8 minutes ago, missyb said:

Majority were just bitter that they got played. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, missyb said:

She barely played the game at all.  What she did was cling to other people and talk everyone to near-death.  She is a nice girl and all, but not a deserving winner of this game.  Of the final 2, the one who actually played the best game -- and didn't act like a complete fool or jerk -- was Ross.   Marissa basically got rewarded for hitching her wagon to the better player.

I think that Marissa must know, deep down, that her win was crazy.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 19

CBS Los Angeles is live on Facebook now, with post-show interviews.  Julie Chen is being interviewed.  She is very surprised that Marissa won.   She thought for sure that Marissa was handing the win to Ross when she took him to Final 2.

Julie is commenting on Shannon still being mad at Ross now, and how delicate people's egos are.  They vote emotionally and can't remove their hurt feelings.

Julie says that she would be shocked if Celebrity BB didn't come back in some way, shape or form in the future -- but it "has to be the right time."

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 12

Well, I hated this season, I hated this finale, the winner has bugged the crap out of me for ages, but I do have to laugh at James and Shannon voting against their chances of getting the fan favorite money. I honestly wish I had more to say, because I don’t want to be “that”person, but...I’ve got nothing. I’ll see y’all this summer.

• Love 7

Ha Ha Ross got Paul-ed! Because I savor it let me say again Ross got Paul-ed!! And that was despite the fact Marissa had set herself up to be the next Cody (not the good one-the dumb one that gave away the half million dollars to Derrick)

The only way it could have been better is if America didn't vote for him because he's such a goon but whatever.

Honestly, I don't know what to do here. I detested Ross and famewhoring but that had to be one of the least deserved wins out of any incarnation of BIG BROTHER.

Marissa winning was like someone ahalf mile from the Boston Marathon slipping into the race and crossing the finishline first.  Good Grief...she didn't even answer Shannon's question about why she deserved to win other than saying Ross did everything...worst answer yet and still she wins!

Oh, I so wanted it to come down to Metta's random vote sinking Ross's ship but oh well.

Best part is until they trot Ross out as one of Grodner's perennial pets like trained ape Jesse and Paul aka el Douchero I never have to look at his doughy face again while he squeeks out his inane commentary.

So this reality season closes out with a wash...my team won TAR and BIG BROTHER Celeb ended with a botched lesser of two evil wins. Bring on SURVIVOR!

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm already drawing a blank (the finale had that much of an impact of me) but whoever voted after Chuck said the same "straightest game" line, because I remember rolling my eyes and thinking that the producers must have fed them that line.

2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm already drawing a blank (the finale had that much of an impact of me) but whoever voted after Chuck said the same "straightest game" line, because I remember rolling my eyes and thinking that the producers must have fed them that line.

It was Keshia since they voted in order of elimination.

Yick not the result I was hoping for so I may skip the west coast show.

I'm sure she is a very nice person in real life but Marissa didn't play a good game. She just latched onto the stronger players (maybe that is a good game play though?). I also hated how she played the victim in a lot of her confrontations. She did do some shady things but was very unwilling to own them and always whined about Omarosa or Brandi calling her out.

Glad Ross won AFP.

All in all this was a fun season though. The shortened format, lack of fake, nauseating showmances was really nice. I think if they do another celeb version they should only make tapping out harder or not an option. This season would have been better if Keisha and Metta didn't ruin two HOHs.

• Love 5

Keshia said that she didn't quit....um....you begged to go home. But now she changed her story "I was on the block, I was going to home anyway, I would've just gone home next eviction if it wasnt this one"...she doesn't know what would've happened had she stayed another week. She wasnt even the target and she knew it.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Wow, Marissa and Ari were not good players. I didn't want either to win.  How Marissa pulled it off, I have no clue.

Would you be ok with Mark winning? Because Ari was a much better player in all sense of the word then him.

• Love 3

Shannon just admitted in her live interview that the girls agreed (once the jury sat down together) to vote for Marissa.  Oma turned around and asked Shannon who to vote for, and Shannon said she was voting for Marissa.  So Oma and Ari said, "OK... we'll vote for Marissa."

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4
Just now, MsJamieDornan said:

I think Mark played a better game.

All I saw of Mark was him not doing a damn thing majority of the season and had to have his HOH thrown to him so hard. At least Ari won her vetos and HOH herself, was very much in the decisions and making decisions. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

Oh Lord... Shannon wants to do Amazing Race.  Heaven forbid she doesn't win... she will sulk in the middle of the Amazon or something.

Make her go away ! please

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

ll I saw of Mark was him not doing a damn thing majority of the season and had to have his HOH thrown to him so hard. At least Ari won her vetos and HOH herself, was very much in the decisions and making decisions. 

Everyone has a different opinion. Other people kept her safe many times.

• Love 6

James let his bruised ego get in the way.  He was mad that Ross took credit for winning an HOH that James handed to him (that was the HOH that Ross mentioned he beat Metta in).  James, I guess, wanted credit for that HOH, and when Ross took credit for it, James decided on the spot to vote for Marissa (who James first called "Melissa"  lol).

I would bet that if James had a couple of extra days to think about it and talk to Mark, his vote would have stayed with Ross.  I think he acted in the heat of the moment, on an impulse.

Edited by TVFan17
typo
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

James let his bruised ego get in the way.  He was mad that Ross took credit for winning an HOH that James handed to him (that was the HOH that Ross mentioned he beat Metta in).  James, I guess, wanted credit for that HOH,

I was wondering if James also was a little pissed when Ross answered a question that he was true to his alliance with Marissa, blah blah and Mark. He didn't mention James and James always thought he was the mastermind of the whole thing.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

lol  Brandi has a show coming up called "Family Therapy"?  Did I hear that correctly?  She is in therapy with her father?  Huh?

It's the usual Reality star show circuit. It's usual Marriage Therapy but this time its about families and she has always had a strained relationship with her dad.

• Love 1

Ross said that he played his best game, and the jury took it personally.

Ross said that he honestly doesn't know who he would have taken to Final 2 if he had won the last HOH.  He was really struggling with it.

Ross says that winning America's Favorite means more, or is more important, to him than winning the game.

• Love 8

I’m so pissed Ross lost. As they were voting I knew he was going to lose and I started getting madder and madder each vote. Marissa was in as many final fours as Ross. Ross played the game and told some lies but he was never mean or hurtful. These people have really no reason to be bitter. 

Just terrible decision. At least he won AFV. 

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Ross said that he honestly doesn't know who he would have taken to Final 2 if he had won the last HOH.  He was really struggling with it.

That's why I was guessing that he didn't want to win the last HOH. Ari was behind in points and wasn't going to win. So, if either Mark or Marissa won he knew they were taking him to the final 2.  No blood on his hands !

TVFan, does he know why James is mad ?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

That's why I was guessing that he didn't want to win the last HOH. Ari was behind in points and wasn't going to win. So, if either Mark or Marissa won he knew they were taking him to the final 2.  No blood on his hands !

TVFan, does he know why James is mad ?

The interviewer didn't specifically ask him about James, from what I heard.  But I'm sure one of the other reporters on the scene will tell him what James said.

They had to cut the Ross interview short because Marissa walked up.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1