Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Aloha Buddy

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Dot said:

What Twit is really saying is that she isn't interested in modesty, but wants to flagrantly expose herself, daring anyone to fat-shame her by saying, "For god's sake, woman, cover up."

She is a flamin' exhibitionist.

Yep. And daring anyone to fat-shame her is complete bullshit, because I would think the same thing of ANY woman, no matter how fit, if I saw them walking around in public in spandex pants and a sports bra- "For God's sake woman, cover up!"

It's called a BRA for a reason - a bra is a foundation garment, not a shirt! Maybe I've lived a sheltered life but I've never seen any woman other than Twit walking around in public with only a bra on top - and certainly not paired with spandex pants.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

It's called a BRA for a reason - a bra is a foundation garment, not a shirt! Maybe I've lived a sheltered life but I've never seen any woman other than Twit walking around in public with only a bra on top - and certainly not paired with spandex pants.

I've only ever seen it if the woman in question were exercising, and even then, the bra is not stretched out to hideous proportions which makes it much less modest than it ever was to begin with :-X

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, ClareWalks said:

Truth. Could anyone actually help her up, though? Seriously. On My 600 LB Life they call the fire department. Whitney is right about there. It's not like she lives with powerlifters ;)

We've already seen her get into that kind of trouble when she went skiing. Who can forget Whitney screeching for help, or forget poor Lennie trying and failing to get his arms around her to keep her upright? And then his sad little TH where he confesses how bad he felt that he wasn't able to help her.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 11

I've never seen her filmed in an LB.

She took Babs to Lane Bryant to buy clothes for the trip in an earlier episode this season. 

BTW - I LOVED how Babs abandoned the whole mess of them to sit in a shaded chaise with a drink in her hand. That would have been my choice too!

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

We've already seen her get into that kind of trouble when she went skiing. Who can forget Whitney screeching for help, or forget poor Lennie trying and failing to get his arms around her to keep her upright? And then his sad little TH where he confesses how bad he felt that he wasn't able to help her.

Yep...and whose fault was it? She screamed at the camera person for continuing to film instead of helping her...screamed at her friends and Lennie to help her...complained that the ski boots were at fault because they were too tight (even though the staff had brought her some special, wider ski boots, which STILL weren't wide enough for her giant legs).

Basically it was everyone's fault except Whitney's. SHE shouldn't have to face the reality that at nearly 400 lbs, she can't do things she could when she was in college and was half that weight (or even less). 

I don't think anyone, be it friend, boyfriend, camera person, or ski resort staff, should be required to run over there and throw their back out trying to hold you up.

Help you up AFTER you've fallen down? Maybe. But run over to try to stop you from falling? No - they could really hurt themselves.

The way she was screaming and carrying on, you'd have thought trained EMTs were standing there laughing at her and doing nothing. 

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

BTW - I LOVED how Babs abandoned the whole mess of them to sit in a shaded chaise with a drink in her hand. That would have been my choice too!

That was the most I have ever liked Babs! As an introvert, I was like "yasss queen." Sitting alone on a beach with a tropical drink is my dream vacay.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

That was the most I have ever liked Babs! As an introvert, I was like "yasss queen." Sitting alone on a beach with a tropical drink is my dream vacay.

Hmmm...relaxing on the beach with a tropical drink, or listening to Whitney scream her ass off while inappropriately touching the surfing instructors and complaining that she can't even wade out into the water without two of them holding her hands....

Yeah, I'm with you guys and Babs. Pretty easy choice.

• Love 9
On 2/21/2018 at 10:31 AM, tdanaher said:

Wait. Hold on there. Whit is scared to death of waves? Oooooooo, somebody has forgotten season 1, episode 5, “Doing the Beach.” Where she went to the beach, said, “I’m going to go full-on, totally submerged, in the water. Let’s do it, okay?” And then went out into WAVES.

51609B63-D88C-42BA-9EFC-AB6C0B133801.jpeg

B4CD4069-6ED6-4440-9017-40060F6E1A94.jpeg

Whitney's thighs are so much bigger now than in season 1. And they are starting to look like she might be developing lymphedema. I'm afraid for her. She should be exercising in water. She is one foot or leg injury away from becoming immobile. And then there will be a visit to Dr. Now in the back of a van.

• Love 10
On 2/22/2018 at 1:57 AM, alabetser said:

She looked like an oversized toddler instead of an adult women. 

Pr1gIis.jpg

Is this picture real or was it photoshopped to be so bad? I couldn't make it through the episode so I don't know if it really came from the show. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

Is this picture real or was it photoshopped to be so bad? I couldn't make it through the episode so I don't know if it really came from the show. 

19 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Wow. I have no words. 

Man, she could be a person on My 600 lb Life now. She sure doesn't look much different than many of them. How on God's green earth can she say that she's healthy and that size doesn't matter? Does she go to a doctor other than emergency walk-in? I can't imagine that any doctor who sees her wouldn't say something about her weight - but I guess that's just sizeist, huh?

• Love 9

Did we see her get up on her own from this position? I'm curious who in the crew will be willing to wash her ass and flip her over every two days when she hits  Dr. Now territory. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Did we see her get up on her own from this position? I'm curious who in the crew will be willing to wash her ass and flip her over every two days when she hits  Dr. Now territory. 

????

• Love 1
On 2/22/2018 at 7:20 PM, cynicat said:

Admittedly I kind of fast forwarded a lot through this episode because I'm getting tired of the contrived drama.  That being said, I'm a little confused about Buddy's addiction.  Wasn't the big "reveal" that his drug of choice was cocaine?  When he was talking with Whitney on the beach he mentioned wanting a beer, and not being able to have only one drink.  Which is it?  Alcohol or cocaine?

I believe he says that his Big problem was with coke but obvs he has some degree of issue with alcohol as well (and says as much in the convo with Twit). This has probably been answered already so... sorry if it's a late-read duplicate. :) I had a good friend in HS who, in college, became addicted to drugs and alcohol. She drank A Lot. But that wasn't her Big addiction and probably all by itself wouldn't have amounted to an addiction. But all the other drugs she did. Wow. That was what landed her in rehab for a year. Supposedly, after several years sober post-rehab, she nows has the occasional glass of wine or a beer. I don't get how she can do that and it seems risky to me given her history. We really lost contact after she went into rehab and live states apart now, so maybe she's able to control the drinking. I salute Buddy on recognizing that his thinking he could maybe have a beer or two now and then post-rehab was not a good idea. 

• Love 2

I can't imagine that any doctor who sees her wouldn't say something about her weight - but I guess that's just sizeist, huh?

I would think that any doctor would say something to her as it's such an obvious risk, but... particularly in managed care organizations, doctors have to be so careful about what they say and why they say it. Why? Because physicians in managed care organizations are rated (which sometimes impacts their pay) in part on patient feedback. A friend of mine who is a physician says he has colleagues in managed care who are reluctant to say anything about weight until it reaches a critical mass (pun intended) because people get so offended and will mark them down. I can just see Whitney slamming a physician because he/she called her out for being clinically obese.

Did we see her get up on her own from this position? 

Come to think of it, I don't think we did and I really don't see how she could get up under her own power alone.

I believe he says that his Big problem was with coke but obvs he has some degree of issue with alcohol as well (and says as much in the convo with Twit). This has probably been answered already so... sorry if it's a late-read duplicate. :) I had a good friend in HS who, in college, became addicted to drugs and alcohol. She drank A Lot. But that wasn't her Big addiction and probably all by itself wouldn't have amounted to an addiction. But all the other drugs she did. Wow. That was what landed her in rehab for a year. Supposedly, after several years sober post-rehab, she nows has the occasional glass of wine or a beer. I don't get how she can do that and it seems risky to me given her history. We really lost contact after she went into rehab and live states apart now, so maybe she's able to control the drinking. I salute Buddy on recognizing that his thinking he could maybe have a beer or two now and then post-rehab was not a good idea. 

The conventional addiction treatment wisdom is that you should abstain from all drugs and alcohol if you are an addict (to anything). I can't imagine any reputable substance abuse treatment facility signing off on a cocaine addict using alcohol at all, especially after only about 30 days of treatment. Personally, I'm also not sure why you'd want to risk it. But that's just me...

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Did we see her get up on her own from this position? 

Come to think of it, I don't think we did and I really don't see how she could get up under her own power alone.

Remember when she needed help getting up from her bed in one of the moving episodes from S2? I doubt her physical abilities have improved since.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I can just see Whitney slamming a physician because he/she called her out for being clinically obese.

And if the doctor was really honest and called her MORBIDLY obese, she'd mention his name on FB and Twitter so that her minions could tear into him, too.

• Love 7
On 2/24/2018 at 2:33 PM, Dot said:

LOL ?

Twit says she gets her 2-piece suits from both Torrid & Lane Bryant tho I've never seen her filmed in an LB.

And she says she has never found a maillot (one-piece) that fits, so she wears a leotard from Chubby Cartwheels. I call B.S. on that. All the extra-huge catalogs carry maillots in multiple sizes. I've always worn a maillot with a pair of boy shorts -- also in all the catalogs -- to ensure all my bits 'n' pieces are out of sight.

What Twit is really saying is that she isn't interested in modesty, but wants to flagrantly expose herself, daring anyone to fat-shame her by saying, "For god's sake, woman, cover up."

She is a flamin' exhibitionist.

I have a serious question, do you think you can get to a point where you are so big you reallly either can’t stand to have clothes on or is “painful” in some way.  I honestly have no idea what Whitney weighs I’m so bad at that, it could be 350lbs, could be 550lbs....I’m personally guessing it’s around 400.  On the 600lb show a lot of those people just wear a sheet, now granted they are in their homes not a bridal gown store, but can one get so large that clothes really do make you miserable?  I’m a little chubby maybe 20-25lbs overweight and I love ripping my bra off (sorry tmi) at the end of the day(granted it’s in my home and not the middle of a parking lot). Meaning comparatively speaking my chest is large and heavy compared to the rest of me, but the undergarments are confining and make miserable, however they are a necessary evil.

I do think Whitney does things for shock value or is an exhibitionist (having your potential boss rub your body during an interview as your other two potential  bosses watch) but do you think being whatever weight she is, the clothes feel confining (sort of like a sausage casing).  I am looking at the photo of her in the bikini sitting on the beach and it just looks so uncomfortable and miserable.  I’m definitely not condoning stripping at your local store, I mean she is an adult (sorta), but just trying to see if there’s more than this shock value thing to Whitney.  I really wish we knew what she was like before she gained the weight, was she doing these things when she was a average weight?  I’d be very interested in a non barnacle telling us about Whitney before MBFFL.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I have a serious question, do you think you can get to a point where you are so big you reallly either can’t stand to have clothes on or is “painful” in some way.  I honestly have no idea what Whitney weighs I’m so bad at that, it could be 350lbs, could be 550lbs....I’m personally guessing it’s around 400.  On the 600lb show a lot of those people just wear a sheet, now granted they are in their homes not a bridal gown store, but can one get so large that clothes really do make you miserable?  I’m a little chubby maybe 20-25lbs overweight and I love ripping my bra off (sorry tmi) at the end of the day(granted it’s in my home and not the middle of a parking lot). Meaning comparatively speaking my chest is large and heavy compared to the rest of me, but the undergarments are confining and make miserable, however they are a necessary evil.

I do think Whitney does things for shock value or is an exhibitionist (having your potential boss rub your body during an interview as your other two potential  bosses watch) but do you think being whatever weight she is, the clothes feel confining (sort of like a sausage casing).  I am looking at the photo of her in the bikini sitting on the beach and it just looks so uncomfortable and miserable.  I’m definitely not condoning stripping at your local store, I mean she is an adult (sorta), but just trying to see if there’s more than this shock value thing to Whitney.  I really wish we knew what she was like before she gained the weight, was she doing these things when she was a average weight?  I’d be very interested in a non barnacle telling us about Whitney before MBFFL.

I vote for "Whitney is an exhibitionist," AND "Whitney's weight makes  clothes uncomfortable." She's mentioned a number of times on her various videos that she prefers being naked and is generally naked when she is at home (presumably when the cameras aren't rolling, but who really knows?) She also said, in the episode when she had to call Buddy to help her get out of the shower (due to a "back spasm?) that she wasn't embarrassed to call him because he sees her naked all the time. And I dimly recall at least one time when Donna made a crack about Whitney's constant nudity. 

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 8

I've been trying to imagine how she could get herself out of that seated position on the beach. If it's possible at all, I imagine she'd have to roll onto her front and push herself up from a face-down position. I wish I could stop trying to picture it. Please pass the brain bleach.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I would think that any doctor would say something to her as it's such an obvious risk, but... particularly in managed care organizations, doctors have to be so careful about what they say and why they say it. Why? Because physicians in managed care organizations are rated (which sometimes impacts their pay) in part on patient feedback. A friend of mine who is a physician says he has colleagues in managed care who are reluctant to say anything about weight until it reaches a critical mass (pun intended) because people get so offended and will mark them down. I can just see Whitney slamming a physician because he/she called her out for being clinically obese.

Yeah, you're not wrong about the feedback. I go to our university hospital for all of my care (employee) and after every visit I get a feedback questionnaire. I've only filled one out once - when I walked out on a PA over her attitude and demeaning comments when I expressed hesitation over having an invasive test when there were other, non-invasive tests, that could be done first. Wow. Still gets me riled up just typing this. I went right to the hospital's ombudsperson on that one, it was such an awful experience. 

I'm no where near Twit's weight, but I refuse to get weighed for an eye exam, etc. Other than conversations with my regular internist, which can be about lifestyle and weight because of my being diabetic, I don't expect anyone else to bring up the topic. That said - if I were 400 lbs, had PCOS, and couldn't do half the things that Twit can't do, I'd have to realize that, yeah, some doc is gonna bring up weight. 

• Love 5
On 2/21/2018 at 6:07 AM, calpurnia99 said:

I have 2 pairs of Vionic sandals but I sold the Vionic sneakers on eBay because they hurt the top of my foot. I found a brand called Kuru for plantar faciiitis sneakers and they work well for me, altho they cost a lot.  

Every time she whined about this 5k, how it was ruining her trip, it was like we were all supposed to agree that a 5K was some form of horrible torture. It was like she was saying My father is making me stick needles into my eyeballs! No it's not an Ironman Whit it's walking 3 miles!

My dad died many years ago and I WISH I had the chance to walk any distance at all with him. 

I normally don’t hate Whitney or anything but I just shake my head sometimes. I think a lot of her annoying behavior is scripted but some seems genuine, like her being SO LOUD. Even when she was sitting on the beach talking to Buddy, he used his indoor voice but she SHOUTED the whole convo. It wears me out. 

• Love 13
On 2/22/2018 at 10:46 AM, Swiss said:

My God woman...look at yourself!!

I can't get over the size of her calves & thighs.  I'm a larger woman (no where near Whit's size) and her calves are the size of my thighs.  My sister-in-law is very thin. I'm sure Whit's thighs are bigger than SIL's torso/body.

Regarding Whit's taking off her clothes - maybe if she wore proper sized clothing & a different fabric, she wouldn't feel so constrained &  ready to take them off at a moment's notice.  She seems to choose stretchy spandex for most of her wardrobe even tho I'm sure there are looser styles available. I can't imagine pouring myself into tight spandex wear every day.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I vote for "Whitney is an exhibitionist," AND "Whitney's weight makes  clothes uncomfortable."

I've several times said that the Spandex Twit insists is the only fabric she can wear must feel like sausage casing in NC's hot, muggy weather. Boxer-style underpants with a pair of stretchy cotton/poly blend shorts or slacks -- in an appropriate size -- would alliviate any chubrub problems. And bras are uncomfortable, but there are some which are better than others.

So, I agree. She is uncomfortable in what she wears. But she also has options, other than ripping off her clothes at any moment. And no one would pair a sports bra with a long-length, floral party skirt & call it a good look. No, it's exhibitionism.

• Love 11

My guess is Whitney wears the Spandex to help with the jiggle.  I'm only 160lbs but there are times where my flab can sort of reverberate and become uncomfortable. With all of that she's dragging around I can imagine it's like a mini-tremor throughout her body with every step.

• Love 11

The other thing about spandex and stretchy clothes in general is that you can ignore changes in your body for a longer period of time, because your clothes expand as you expand. If I buy clothes that I know will fit regardless of whether I'm 130lbs or 230lbs, I don't have to get on a scale, shop for clothes, bother with what I eat or even go to a doctor. I can put on the same stretchy shirt and pants for YEARS and pretend that everything is exactly the same, nothing is wrong, nothing to see here, keep moving. Now there's a point where those pants will either fall off or split in the back depending on which way my thyroid is spinning. But my point is that those clothes help her stay in denial. Hey, my clothes still fit, everything is still OK. 

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

The other thing about spandex and stretchy clothes in general is that you can ignore changes in your body for a longer period of time, because your clothes expand as you expand. If I buy clothes that I know will fit regardless of whether I'm 130lbs or 230lbs, I don't have to get on a scale, shop for clothes, bother with what I eat or even go to a doctor. I can put on the same stretchy shirt and pants for YEARS and pretend that everything is exactly the same, nothing is wrong, nothing to see here, keep moving. Now there's a point where those pants will either fall off or split in the back depending on which way my thyroid is spinning. But my point is that those clothes help her stay in denial. Hey, my clothes still fit, everything is still OK. 

Wow, good point & one that's never occurred to me. That gives her legitimacy -- in her own mind -- to say her wgt hasn't changed since S-1 while we look at her & say, "Are you crazy?"

And we know she's split her pants -- grocery shopping with Babs.

• Love 7

I just, I just can't imagine how you get THAT big? I don't weigh myself, but I can tell if I have gained 2-4 pounds, and I HATE it, and I work harder and clean up my diet until I feel back to normal. And that is less than 5 pounds, how do you gain 100 pounds and seemingly not care?

• Love 5

My theory is that when someone is obese and experiencing general discomfort e.g. constricting clothes, aching joints, and sore feet that denying oneself comfort food is one more area of discomfort that must be endured. Eating refined carbs and fast food is an easy and quick way of alleviating one of those issues.  It's a short term solution that leads to bigger problems.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Emma C said:

I just, I just can't imagine how you get THAT big? I don't weigh myself, but I can tell if I have gained 2-4 pounds, and I HATE it, and I work harder and clean up my diet until I feel back to normal. And that is less than 5 pounds, how do you gain 100 pounds and seemingly not care?

I said exactly this to the husband this morning while we were watching another show about an obese person. I can't stand the feeling of an extra five pounds. I'm currently trying to lose two pounds before spring just to make my body feel right. I cannot fathom feeling okay in my body if I gained one hundred, two hundred pounds. It could be related to the clothing issue, as discussed above. Unlike Whit, I wear jeans, and they can be downright painful when they're too tight and I'm too impoverished to buy new ones every time I overeat. Denim keeps me honest.

• Love 9

My God woman...look at yourself!!

This reminds me of an episode of My 600 Pound Life when Dr Now dragged the horrendous Assanti brother into a room with a full body mirror and he just couldn't look at himself.  It was the first time I thought he felt any emotion because he hadn't looked at himself and what he had done to his body in a loooong time and he honestly looked repulsed by himself.  I wonder what Whitney would think if she saw that pic of her on the beach.   

• Love 6

I’m a little chubby maybe 20-25lbs overweight and I love ripping my bra off (sorry tmi) at the end of the day(granted it’s in my home and not the middle of a parking lot). 

I've been everything from a size 6 to a 16 in my lifetime and I've always taken my bra off as soon as I'm home. I just don't find them to be comfortable items of clothing, no matter how well they fit.

I can't stand the feeling of an extra five pounds.

My weight fluctuates literally five pounds between morning and evening. I'm comfortable either way.

I cannot fathom feeling okay in my body if I gained one hundred, two hundred pounds. It could be related to the clothing issue, as discussed above

I completely get it. I've gained and lost a LOT of weight in my lifetime. I would prefer to weigh less and am working on it. But I don't want to feel un-okay in my body every single day between now and the day I lose however much weight I decide to lose. So I decide to feel okay in my body even if it isn't where I want it to be. If that were Whitney's message, I think I'd be good with it. Do your best to be healthy - which includes getting to and maintaining a healthy weight - but  don't hate your body and don't tolerate others shaming you about your body at any size. That isn't her message but I can understand not wanting to be filled with self-loathing while you are trying to get to a healthy weight. In fact, I think that would be counterproductive.

As for the clothing issue - clothes have never been particularly useful to me in tracking my weight. I have always, even when thin, liked loose fitting clothes. By the time I noticed they were tight, I had gained a significant amount of weight. A lot of clothes now - including denim - have significant stretch. They fit when you buy them. In fact, a lot of the time I'd put jeans in the wash because they had stretched out and were too loose. Then one day they are a little snug when you put them on and you figure "must have shrunk a little in the wash." But you wiggle into them and they stretch. You can do this for a fair number of pounds. Then the next time you buy jeans, you buy one size up or you buy a different brand with more forgiving sizing. It's not like you're having to buy new clothes every single day - you don't gain that fast.

That's my experience anyway. 

That gives her legitimacy -- in her own mind -- to say her wgt hasn't changed since S-1 while we look at her & say, "Are you crazy?"

I think Whitney probably hasn't weighed herself in a very long time. People can deny a lot of things but it's really hard to deny the objectivity of a number on the scale. Though come to think of it, some of Dr. Now's patients insist the scale is broken...

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 13
On 2/21/2018 at 4:12 PM, ClareWalks said:

Later at a cafe, Babs is obsessing about Glenn's ex-girlfriend from 50 years ago, which is so fucking bizarre and out of nowhere that I had to mention it in this recap. 

How in Hades did they get a gotdam picture of KEIKO from a half-century ago? And they blurred out her face? I was incredulous. 

And when Glenn said something like "I don't know why Babs is jealous about Keiko, because I'VE HAD HER for the past 40 years" with that creepy dang grin, my skin crawled.
/shudder

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

How in Hades did they get a gotdam picture of KEIKO from a half-century ago? And they blurred out her face? I was incredulous. 

And when Glenn said something like "I don't know why Babs is jealous about Keiko, because I'VE HAD HER for the past 40 years" with that creepy dang grin, my skin crawled.
/shudder

I don't really understand the hatred for the ex from Babs, maybe if she had an affair with Glenn but I don't believe in hating a woman just because she had a prior relationship with your husband before your relationship.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

/shudder

I thought the Keiko thing was going to be bigger part of the story like they would run into her or something and hijinks ensue.  I’m not sure why they even brought her up.

• Love 9

Wasn't it Keiko and Glenn? I assume it was his photo that he had stored away somewhere with other memorabilia...

• Love 4
12 hours ago, momofsquid said:

I've been trying to imagine how she could get herself out of that seated position on the beach. If it's possible at all, I imagine she'd have to roll onto her front and push herself up from a face-down position. I wish I could stop trying to picture it. Please pass the brain bleach.

I thought about this too. I'm 63, abt 50 lbs overweight,  with a bad hip and knee so when I get down,  I usually  need a table or chair to hold onto as I get up--or I have to make a really big effort if I'm away from any sturdy furniture, like in yoga class. 

So, in the pic, Twit is sitting  on the beach,  and she also  laid down on the sand with the others to learn to belly board. So did two (or more) big guys help her up or what?  I really doubt there's any way she ćan get up on her own,  even as momofsquid described above. 

I would love to see that fabulousity in action. How embarrassing for her father and friends. She's beyond caring.  As am I. 

Edited by Tosia
Twit sitting on that beach is a good diet aid.
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I thought about this too. I'm 63, abt 50 lbs overweight,  with a bad hip and knee so when I get down,  I usually  need a table or chair to hold onto as I get up--or I have to make a really big effort if I'm away from any sturdy furniture, like in yoga class. 

So, in the pic, Twit is sitting  on the beach,  and she also  laid down on the sand with the others to learn to belly board. So did two (or more) big guys help her up or what?  I really doubt there's any way she ćan get up on her own,  even as momofsquid described above. 

I would love to see that fabulousity in action. How embarrassing for her father and friends. She's beyond caring.  As am I. 

It must have been a horrible scene for the TLC editors to decide it wouldn’t be shown on screen. They usually make a point of enhancing her horror. Makes me wonder if there was a wardrobe malfunction while she writhed around and tried to get up. The elastic on that bathing suit bottom might not have been strong enough to prevent the full moon. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, momofsquid said:

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work.  We've already seen, in an earlier season when she was working out with a trainer, that she can't do a push-up. Her gut protrudes so far past the length of her arms when she is lying on her stomach, that she ends up balancing on her stomach like a teeter-totter. She can't get enough leverage to push.

• Love 4

It must have been a horrible scene for the TLC editors to decide it wouldn’t be shown on screen. They usually make a point of enhancing her horror. Makes me wonder if there was a wardrobe malfunction while she writhed around and tried to get up. The elastic on that bathing suit bottom might not have been strong enough to prevent the full moon. 

Beginning in S-4, there were several physical things you never saw Twit doing:

Getting into her monster SUV (the black one, not the current one).

Standing up from a soft-cushioned couch.

Climbing stairs. (Excluding the trip up to Buddy's attic room in S-5, which was a very brief shot of only a few steps.)

Getting off the floor -- or, in this case, the beach.

All of these movements would require non-fabulous exertions or help from the film crew to manage. TLC is very careful not to indicate, in any way, that Twit has very limited mobility now.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And if the doctor was really honest and called her MORBIDLY obese, she'd mention his name on FB and Twitter so that her minions could tear into him, too.

There was an episode of This American Life about the Fat Acceptance Movement.  Ira was interviewing some Whitney sized woman (not actually Whitney) about it.  The woman mentioned that a doctor called her "morbidly obese".  Ira incredulously said "Really?  That's so MEAN."

That was actually the episode that got me to give up on that show.  The thing was so ridiculously one-sided and outright wrong, because Ira Glass is just one of those guys who is so terrified of being perceived as intolerant in any way that he won't criticize any group that sees itself as a victim.   Whitney would be a great guest for him if he wanted to revisit the topic.

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:57 AM, alabetser said:

Pr1gIis.jpg

Whitney becomes the role model she aspires to be, but not in the way she expected. *Ketzel prints off two copies of this pic, puts one on the refrigerator door, and one on the book rack of the cross trainer at the gym.*

• Love 13
On 2/21/2018 at 10:57 PM, alabetser said:

Pr1gIis.jpg

This photo stuns me everytime I view it. (And thank you, @alabetser, for providing it.) I can't help but think that if Twit is still reading this forum, she is appalled as well. It is such a testament that she is not fabulous, merely big & fat.

I wonder, in fact, if she has not realized that -- finally -- herself. Why hire a "culinary coach" & force yourself to eat more than once a day -- HAH! -- if you are happy with your situation? I know she claims it's all about her A1C level, but I defer to @alapaki's Whitney's Razor theory on that claim. I think she is trying to lose some weight, at least the 60 or so #s she has gained since S-1, but is not about to let her fan base know that; for they would realize what a hypocrite she is.

When I see a photo like this, I am amazed at her tiny feet & hands, at least in relation to her giant extremities. And she's always so surprised that her feet hurt. How could they not?

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work.  We've already seen, in an earlier season when she was working out with a trainer, that she can't do a push-up. Her gut protrudes so far past the length of her arms when she is lying on her stomach, that she ends up balancing on her stomach like a teeter-totter. She can't get enough leverage to push.

A tiny and revealing moment took place when Whit was on the beach preparing to get on her stomach to practice “surfing” on a board. She dug herself a pit in the sand to accomodate her stomach.

vlcsnap-2018-02-27-09h50m58s999.jpg

Edited by tdanaher
Edited to add pic.
  • Love 9