Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Aloha Buddy

• Start Topic

Twit running to Buddy on the beach reminded me of a new toddler waddling around with a full diaper.  And Twit doesn't like being bribed?  On what planet?  She has to be bribed to get out of bed in the morning.  Her entire life is a series of bribes.  Here's a tip, Twit - you don't want to be bribed?  Then just say no and stay home.  Or pay for your own darned trip to Hawaii.  She's just the worst.  And all that screaming and crying on the beach?  You know it's only so she has the full attention of everyone, especially the cute guys.  Which is probably why Ashley and Heather weren't invited along on this trip, and Donna only makes rare appearances.  Queen Twit brooks no attention grabbers but herself.

And who the frick walks a race in flip flops?  Has she given up completely on shoes?  Do they not make them big enough to encompass her fat filled feet?  Can she not afford custom made shoes that would?  Such a fabulous life!  /sarcasm  I can't wait until next week with all the crying and complaining.  Makes me wish I had her life.  Not.

And Twit doesn't get hated on for having wealthy generous parents.  Her parents had zilch to do with this trip.  This trip is paid for by TLC and comped by businesses who get airtime on this show.  She's hated on for her whining and complaining and constant crying.  And for not even trying to pretend to be grateful or pleasant to anyone around her.  But that's okay - her 15 minutes are nearly up.

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 15
59 minutes ago, supahfly said:

Best moments:

1.  Whit setting up her reason not to run...plantar fasciitis!  

2. Babs checking out the Hawaiian hotties was awesome .  Babs ditching the possie for alone time was priceless.  Team Babs!

3.  The 5k...whoops...8k “debacle”.  Did he know? ?Didn’t he know? ?I’m more interested in how long he and Babs fell apart laughing when they went back to their room.   When he said “well, I didn’t want you to have a choice”...???

4.   Was waiting for Whit to smell the sea cucumber. 

5.  Whit on the boogie board...on the one hand good for her.  On the other hand...apparently boogie boards are much sturdier than I believed them to be!

6.  Buddy, Buddy, Buddy...I’m not a fan.  Too many druggies in my fam.   They are unpredictable.  

7.  I wonder if her chub rub is worse at the beach?  That sand tho...

8. How come everyone looks so fake happy during the anniversary toast?

9.  The whining over the race...for fuck’s sake.   She wants to break the cycle? How about breaking it at home and not going on the trip with all your friends?  Her and the fake anxiety.  Stop it.  Seriously. Just stop.  And poor Hunter getting caught up in that. 

And...until next week when she has to go to the hospital over 8k and Buddy calls Whit an addict...woohoo!

I was also waiting for her to smell the sea cucumber!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LookABird said:

He wants you to do the 8K SO THAT YOU DON'T DIE BEFORE HE DOES.

He hopes you will start exercising and losing weight.

How long has this been on?  Has she lost any weight?  Just saw this website talking about her health issues and she went from pre-diabete (6.4) to the normal zone (5.4).  That's pretty good from that standpoint.

1 hour ago, supahfly said:

And...until next week when she has to go to the hospital over 8k and Buddy calls Whit an addict...woohoo!

She is a an addict.  Cameras, food and drama.

2 hours ago, puppytoes said:

Please forgive for what I have to say, lol but I just watched a whale bodysurf and scream like a little girl.

Too funny.  ETA:  Every time I read your post I snort and giggle..............

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 1
On 2/16/2018 at 3:15 PM, Dot said:

Of course, he knew it was an 8K. Remember the HI Trip Binder? All that material organized into a 3-ring binder & he doesn't include info about the race?

That's why Whit should have read the binder instead of faking a panic attack about it!  If I were Glenn I'd blame her!

4 hours ago, PityFree said:

What the hell did Hunter do to his hair? 

He turned it into a hat.  A hair hat.

1 hour ago, supahfly said:

4.   Was waiting for Whit to smell the sea cucumber. 

So funny!  I can't believe I wasn't waiting for it!

I can't believe Glenn and Babs had their anniversary dinner without dragging along a BooBoo and Boo Bear, a Todd and a Tal and a sober coach!  Oh yeah and Buddy.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

She does NOT have plantar fasciitis. If she did she would not wear cheap-ass flip flops all the time.

Truth. I have it in one foot and it's hideous. I can go in a flat sole for a couple hrs or so but after that torture. I wear $45 Vionic flip flops as house slippers to deal with it. 

She's such a WHINER.

• Love 8

Whitney's face lighting up like a Christmas tree when Kaui walked in the room made me want to puke. That and the way she went on and on about all the handsome men, and had to beg them to "hold her hand" so she could get in the water....God. Anything to get someone to touch her!

Does she SERIOUSLY think any good looking guy would have anything to do with her? Who the hell would choose to be with someone who basically needs a CARETAKER, not a partner?

I mean, her whole face and demeanor change when a guy comes along (sort of the same look she gets when a nice big pizza arrives)...she seems to seriously think she has a snowball's chance in hell with some buff athletic guy! Is she really THAT delusional?

She needs to get a clue about what dating league she's in. I would be horribly embarrassed if I acted like a giddy junior high girl over some guy who was clearly out of my league.

But, we're talking about Twit - who is obviously not embarrassed by ANYTHING - so why am I even surprised.

• Love 18

No Whitney, you cannot LEGITIMATELY say you are are surfer. You'll say it, but it's not legitimate. Just like you are not LEGITIMATELY a dancer.

Oh and I agree with the rest of you, STOP all the damn screaming! She's even screaming in the TH's when she's just TALKING about "surfing".

What she does LEGITIMATELY have is the worst personality on the planet. I don't believe for one second that any of her "friends" actually like her - they are just there for the TLC paycheck. Once that's gone, so are they.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Geekygal16 said:

Where does one get a bikini that size?  I mean, kudos to her for having the self confidence to show her body off.  But I seriously am amazed at the size of that bikini bottom.

One time, after a day at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ, I went to the outlet mall down the road.  There was a Big and Tall store there with some of the most amazingly huge clothing I have ever seen.  T-shirts that went up to XXXXXXXXXXL (10X).  Pants with a 70 inch waist (maybe the pants weren't THAT big... it's been a long time).  That was in 1999, when the Internet and online shopping were still in their infancy.  I imagine the options are a lot better today.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I watch this show knowing that the title of the show is completely ironic but it makes me sad that there are people who actually think this fucking twat is fabulous.  She is not.  Not being able to walk 4-5 miles without needing to take multiple breaks and looking like you need immediate medical attention is not fabulous. It’s not even standard.  It’s frightening.  I can’t believe people defend this delusional asshole.  I feel no shame watching this show and making snarky (possibly asshole-ish) comments.  

She deserves every bit of vitriol we can spew.  And it has nothing to do with her weight.  It’s because she is horrible.

From reading a lot of positive comments on a Youtube video of hers, I think the people who admire Whitney just enjoy having their own poor lifestyles validated.  Think about it.  Being fat sucks, and losing weight is hard.  More generally, changing yourself away from bad habits is hard.  If you don't want to do that because it's hard, the next best thing is to stay the same (which is easy), and demand everyone else change.  I think a lot of Whitney's fans are proud of her for doing that, and use her as a role model.   Probably not all of them.  There are probably some fit people who have other motivations.

• Love 15

Hard to quote (riding my recumbent bike, it's icy outside). Hubby and I are closer to Glenn and Bab's age than Twit's. We have young adult children and love that we can help them financially at times. Both our sons are college educated  and starting careers. It gives us joy to be able to pay for them to vacation with us, but we do it with no strings attached and they are greatly appreciative. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Stripper Glitter said:

Truth. I have it in one foot and it's hideous. I can go in a flat sole for a couple hrs or so but after that torture. I wear $45 Vionic flip flops as house slippers to deal with it. 

She's such a WHINER.

Vionic and Orthaheel are AMAZING. Pricey but they last and you don't need orthotics with them. I have two pairs of sandals, one casual, one formal. I don't know how Whit can wear cheap rubber flip flops. The foot muscles have to work overtime to grip the base of the shoe which makes PF 20x worse. She is beyond full of shit at this point.

• Love 14

First of all, Glenn must be paying for this, because, I don't think this stuff if in TLC's budget.  Compare this to the Brown's (Sister Wives)  Hawaii trip. LOL 

OMG! That was so funny. I haven't laughed like that in a while at a sit com, I mean, reality show. It's not that I was laughing AT Whit, but, just the irony of someone that large on a surf board.  I mean......I bet that doesn't happen that often if EVER.  I will give her kudos for overcoming her fear.  I mean did you see those waves? They were intimidating, imo.  And for someone who likely can't get up if she falls off....I see her reason for fear.  HOWEVER, the biggest fear for me would be SHARKS.  There are a lot of sharks there.  NO WAY, would I get in that water.  Of course, maybe, they were protected being on the surf board.  And GLEN on that thing......so funny.  I just loved seeing all the cast members on the surf boards. 

IF WHIT does indeed have plantar fasciitis, then, she needs to be doing stretching of the foot tendons, taking anti-inflamatory meds, wearing a splint at night and wearing proper shoes for arch support. Regular flip flops and going barefoot aggravate that condition. It is truly a HUGE PAIN and it doesn't just clear up quickly.  Walking makes it worse, so, this 8K........no way, imo.  If you truly have fasciitis, you know how crazy that would be.  Maybe, they just have to do filming anyway.  But, if's a job.  I guess you do what you have to do for a paycheck. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

I’m in the military and this morning we did a 7.5 mile ruck march (was supposed to be 8 but just like her 8k ours was cut a little short). Even after adding my weighted vest and bag to my own body weight, she is still double my weight. I finished it in 1 hr 40 min (about 10 min slower than my usual pace too) which I believe is about an hour shorter than it took her to do this under 5 mile route. We have to do a 5 mile run for one of our yearly physical tests in under 40 min. 

Now like I said even with added weight I’m still far lighter than her and I know what a relief it can be to take those added pounds right off at the end of our ruck march which she can’t do. But I don’t say that in sympathy for her because she brings it on herself. She says she doesn’t want to lose the weight and somehow tries to convince herself that it’s not affecting her health but then makes a spectacle out of slowly walking less than 8k.

That’s the problem with that kind of attitude. She thinks if her blood work is healthy (and I’d be curious to where her a1c is now) that means she is healthy overall but isn’t thinking about how often that added weight is tearing at her joints and wearing down her bones/muscle, putting strain on her organs, etc. Two of the most common injuries in the military are back and knees and one of the biggest causes of that is the added weight we are constantly carrying on our bodies. Which we can take off yet it still can easily take its toll. I can tell the difference in my body’s physical ability after just gaining 10-20 lbs when I get lazy and eat badly/don’t work out enough, let alone her 200+ lbs extra. I don’t understand how she can watch her own show and not see or ignore how much harm she is doing to herself and how unhealthy her body is. 

Oh and as a former medic, I don’t believe for a second that she has plantar fasciitis but rather she decided to quick look up something to blame for when she couldn’t physically handle the race.

Edited by Racethesun
  • Love 22

I suspect that people with huge weight issues are in denial about what it's doing to the body.....man....just visit some doctor office lobbies, hospital.....it ain't pretty.  If she stays this size, if she survives, she'll have her share of surgeries in store.  

OH, what did Buddy mean when he said, GIRLS were a definite trigger for him.  He said it after Whit mentioned Heather....so, is it girls or just Heather who are triggers?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

So, if TLC paid for the trip, then the race was part of the storyline and unlikely Glenn's idea?  How about Whit always knew it was 8k.

From the previews, is it possible that Buddy's intervention and seeking of help foreshadowing of Twit having a change of heart after seeing how hard the "race" was?  Because it seems as though the Hawaii trip is very early in the season.  What nonsense is left for the other episodes, or are we almost over?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Brooks said:

So, if TLC paid for the trip, then the race was part of the storyline and unlikely Glenn's idea?  How about Whit always knew it was 8k.

From the previews, is it possible that Buddy's intervention and seeking of help foreshadowing of Twit having a change of heart after seeing how hard the "race" was?  Because it seems as though the Hawaii trip is very early in the season.  What nonsense is left for the other episodes, or are we almost over?

This is my take on it.  The characters are real, however, events are prearranged, suggested, produced, etc.  and the reactions are not necessarily genuine. Discord may be encouraged.    I think the family/friends, or cast, go along with this, because it's fun and it pays good money.  Plus, they get a little celebrity.  I see it as how Forrest Gump's mom encouraged him to do the Flex-o-Grip ping pong paddle commercial, EVEN THOUGH he didn't use it.  She said, Forrest, it's not going to hurt anyone. Just a little white lie. So, he went along in good humor. So, I do not believe there was a mix up about the race.  I mean, some people find it amusing.  I guess that's why TLC keeps churning out these things. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Racethesun said:

Oh and as a former medic, I don’t believe for a second that she has plantar fasciitis but rather she decided to quick look up something to blame for when she couldn’t physically handle the race.

To quote Rosanne Rosanna Danna, it’s always something. Broken toe, sprained foot, plantar fasciitis. Anything but at least 350 extra pounds of weight. 

• Love 21

I really tried to watch last night, but I just can't.  As much as I love snarking with you all, I literally CAN NOT STAND this woman.  I'll keep reading your reviews and comments, but I'm not even gonna try to watch any more, unless there's an episode called "Whitney Faces Reality," in which she REALLY comes to the realization of what she's doing to herself, and that it's not "Fabulous."

• Love 17

I struggled with PF for about a year and man, it was awful. Walking barefoot or in something like flipflops was horrific. I had to wear expensive inserts to even be able to function. I don't know how she does a 5/8K in flip flops. Also, walking in the sand with PF sucks, too. 

Whitney seems to get her swimwear from Torrid. I liked her suit last night. It amuses me when people give fat people in bathing suits a hard time - they are out moving in the sunshine, isn't that what you want? I have overweight mom friends who never go swimming with their kids b/c of bathing suit shame and that kills me. I am a big girl and I swim - I don't really give a rat's ass if you enjoy looking at me in my swimsuit or not because that is not what I am there for.  

I thought Buddy's comment about girls being a trigger was REALLY interesting. I think Heather needs to run. I sort of assume this leads to the idea that Buddy was cheating on her, etc. RUN, HEATHER, RUN! I wish Buddy all the best in his recovery but think Heather deserves better.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Vionic and Orthaheel are AMAZING. Pricey but they last and you don't need orthotics with them. I have two pairs of sandals, one casual, one formal. I don't know how Whit can wear cheap rubber flip flops. The foot muscles have to work overtime to grip the base of the shoe which makes PF 20x worse. She is beyond full of shit at this point.

I have 2 pairs of Vionic sandals but I sold the Vionic sneakers on eBay because they hurt the top of my foot. I found a brand called Kuru for plantar faciiitis sneakers and they work well for me, altho they cost a lot.  

Every time she whined about this 5k, how it was ruining her trip, it was like we were all supposed to agree that a 5K was some form of horrible torture. It was like she was saying My father is making me stick needles into my eyeballs! No it's not an Ironman Whit it's walking 3 miles!

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, shoovenbooty said:

Whitney gets a huge 2-bedroom suite at the resort, but Tal and Todd get a room where they have to share a bed?

The difference is Tal and Todd were still thrilled to have any room and happy to be there.

If you dared to make Whitney share, she would have had a full on tantrum and demanded another room.

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I really tried to watch last night, but I just can't.  As much as I love snarking with you all, I literally CAN NOT STAND this woman.  I'll keep reading your reviews and comments, but I'm not even gonna try to watch any more, unless there's an episode called "Whitney Faces Reality," in which she REALLY comes to the realization of what she's doing to herself, and that it's not "Fabulous."

I have not watched the last 2 episodes either.  Just reading these posts tells me its more of the same and, frankly, I have reached my saturation point on just the braying alone.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

First of all, Glenn must be paying for this, because, I don't think this stuff if in TLC's budget. 

Budget?  TLC paying for this trip is the equivalent of buying a Happy Meal for them.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

First of all, Glenn must be paying for this, because, I don't think this stuff if in TLC's budget.  Compare this to the Brown's (Sister Wives)  Hawaii trip. LOL 

TLC sends almost all of its "stars" on big trips. It's kind of their thing...

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Brooks said:

No one wanted to share a bed with Whitney.

No one COULD share a bed with Whitney! But TLC, uh, I mean Glen, couldn't have sprung for a room with 2 beds for Tal and Todd? Is the show trying to make a love connection between those two? I checked the resort's website, they do have rooms with 2 full beds. Why give spoiled Whitney a two-bedroom suite? Assuming Buddy shared a room with his sober coach, where did Hunter sleep, in the bathtub in his parents' room? I know I'm being nitpicky, it just annoys me that they wouldn't have at least given everyone their own bed.

Edited by shoovenbooty
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Budget?  TLC paying for this trip is the equivalent of buying a Happy Meal for them.  

Yes, but have you heard the pittance they give to participants on My 600 Pound Life?  I would be skeptical of a network that tightfisted ponying up the money for a big trip like this.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

No Whitney, you cannot LEGITIMATELY say you are are surfer. You'll say it, but it's not legitimate. Just like you are not LEGITIMATELY a dancer.

Oh and I agree with the rest of you, STOP all the damn screaming! She's even screaming in the TH's when she's just TALKING about "surfing".

What she does LEGITIMATELY have is the worst personality on the planet. I don't believe for one second that any of her "friends" actually like her - they are just there for the TLC paycheck. Once that's gone, so are they.

She does something once--and half assed--and she claims membership. Just like she's tried it with her sexuality and religion. If Whiney ever learns how to make anything from scratch, she'll claim to be a chef. Not to mention she was terrified of the whole surfing thing, now she's a surfer? Sure, Whitney, sure. 

And like many of you, I found her behavior towards the Hawaiian entertainers revolting. She looked at them like prey, like they were something she wanted to eat (pun intended). Those poor men. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Exactly. I have plantar fasciitis, I have special very expensive sneakers and shoes, and I have expensive orthotics in all my shoes. I would die in flip flops!

I can't walk either but I'm 57 and ruined my feet being an endurance athlete for 20 years (ultra long distance inline skating & cycling). Now I have osteo arthritis in my ankles and over-use injuries in my feet and ankles. When I was 33 I did not have painful feet from being 300 pounds overweight. I cannot believe that she does not lose weight only because her feet hurt.  It sucks not being able to walk without pain. Jeez if I could fix my feet by losing weight I would.  Especially being that young and she cannot walk without pain, how does she expect to live the next 30 years limping around?

Twenty years ago when I realized that I woke up every morning with my feet hurting, I decided to lose weight to fix it (and lost 70 pounds and DID fix it). She better do it while she still can. 

• Love 13

Wait. Hold on there. Whit is scared to death of waves? Oooooooo, somebody has forgotten season 1, episode 5, “Doing the Beach.” Where she went to the beach, said, “I’m going to go full-on, totally submerged, in the water. Let’s do it, okay?” And then went out into WAVES.

51609B63-D88C-42BA-9EFC-AB6C0B133801.jpeg

B4CD4069-6ED6-4440-9017-40060F6E1A94.jpeg

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, tdanaher said:

Wait. Hold on there. Whit is scared to death of waves? Oooooooo, somebody has forgotten season 1, episode 5, “Doing the Beach.” Where she went to the beach, said, “I’m going to go full-on, totally submerged, in the water. Let’s do it, okay?” And then went out into WAVES.

HAHAHAHAH boooom

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, tdanaher said:

Nice find! More inconsistencies, she can't keep her lies straight--whether it's about food (shown eating before 9pm) or fears. 

Edited to add: I think she feigned fear of waves because she was afraid to show the world how awful she would appear on a surfboard. "I'm scared, I had a traumatic experience" is the easiest way to get out of something. Whoops. She wasn't scared in season 1! 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, AUJulia said:

HAHAHAHAH boooom

I looked for mitigating factors concerning wave size and such, but nope, in this current episode, Whit is very adamant. "Even though these waves aren't huge or anything, they're still waves, and they still really scare me."

Edited by tdanaher
Spelling
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, shoovenbooty said:

Whitney gets a huge 2-bedroom suite at the resort, but Tal and Todd get a room where they have to share a bed?

First - Twit is the "star" of the show, not Tal or Todd. Second - TLC paid up for the vaykay.  Third - I'm sure that Twit is sharing with Donna (the boob massager).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, shoovenbooty said:

That really bothered me too until I thought about it and I realized production probably asked for the suite because that’s where they’re going to film all the Hawaii talking heads and other things. They probably needed a bigger area a to set up lights and cameras and where they can film groups of people talking.  And since it’s Whitney’s show, they just stuck her in that room.

I was still surprised that Tal and Todd were willing to share a bed. I love my female friends (I’m female) but I don’t want to share a bed with them.  (I mean, I would if there was no other place to sleep, but I’d prefer not to.)

• Love 8