Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Aloha Buddy

• Start Topic

So yeah, I'm watching again in preparation for the whinefest that will be the "8k".  This was by far the best line (of hers) of this episode:

"I know my dad thinks I'm superwoman? And that I can do anything I set my mind to? But I'm thinking I might not even do the 8k."

Umm, no- your dad thinks you're a fat, entitled overgrown toddler who needs to be wheedled and bribed in order to do something halfway good for you.

When Glen said "Whitney is afraid of waves," I swear he had a hard time saying it because, well, it's a lie.

• Love 11
On 2/21/2018 at 1:54 PM, sara1025 said:

Not sure if it's the different style of bottoms but to me she definitely looks lighter here than in the Hawaii episode, I'd be curious to know how much weight she's gained since season 1. Those flower bottoms were disgusting, I'm all for bigger people being able to wear swimwear and whatnot but...

I'd say 100 lbs...

51609B63-D88C-42BA-9EFC-AB6C0B133801.thu

IMG_20180227_214857.jpg

Edited by WillowG
  • Love 4

I'm watching the "Extra Fabulous" scenes, and the first one is when Sweatney and Donna find a bidet in one of the bathrooms in their suite. Two items of note:

1. For Babs and Glenn's 30th wedding anniversary, they had another 'destination celebration' - they went to Europe. Sweatney was dicking around with her hotel room's bidet and flooded her hotel room.
2. Sweatney started mashing the bidet buttons and activated it while she was sitting on it in her big-assed black leggings. She said, "Ohhh, it's going, it's SO WARM." Then cut to the next scene AND SHE'S IN THE SAME BLACK LEGGINGS THAT GOT SHOT UP WITH THE BIDET WATER ON THE TOILET. Girl. What in the hell.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 2/23/2018 at 5:00 PM, Sasha888 said:

Ha ha ha ha, thank you for making my day! 

But seriously, that's not far from the truth and is actually REALLY sad. They can't leave their thirty-something daughter home alone without fearing she'll do something incredibly stupid. And let's get real, she doesn't live with friends because she wants to...she HAS to. There's a real danger she could hurt herself in the shower...fall while walking around the house and injure an ankle or leg due to all the extra weight on it...find herself sitting in a position she can't get up from...and who knows what else.

It's pretty depressing that an adult with their own income (albeit from a shitshow) can AFFORD to live alone, but can't for other reasons. A fall for her could be devastating. She really should wear one of those life alert things. Or wear her cellphone on a lanyard like a necklace - because if she were to fall and be injured even slightly (like a sprained ankle), I VERY MUCH doubt she could get back up on her own.

Add it to the list of the many reasons I'd have already hit rock bottom if I were her.

Marketing this lifestyle as "fabulous" is blatantly irresponsible, IMO.

I don't think they are at this point. The show has done a 180 from season one.  They can't change the title and she's gone rogue so, I feel like they're going out of their way to show how un-fabulous her life actually is: 

* Can't apply her own chub-rub cream

* Can't walk 4 miles without feeling destroyed

* Can't shave the backs of her own legs

* Almost broke a horse (the horse was struggling)

* Can't dance any more (wiggling and arm waving does not count)

* Can barely fit through doorways (she took up the entire width when she and Heather went to check Buddy's room a couple episodes back)

* Is shown lumbering down the beach sinking much further into the sand than everyone else

They're clearly focusing on showing how un-fabulous her existence is. Every episode she's in a humiliating situation and I can't believe she doesn't "get" it (or does she, is in it for the paycheck and, like a circus clown, doesn't care?). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:
On 2/23/2018 at 5:00 PM, Sasha888 said:

Ha ha ha ha, thank you for making my day! 

But seriously, that's not far from the truth and is actually REALLY sad. They can't leave their thirty-something daughter home alone without fearing she'll do something incredibly stupid. And let's get real, she doesn't live with friends because she wants to...she HAS to. There's a real danger she could hurt herself in the shower...fall while walking around the house and injure an ankle or leg due to all the extra weight on it...find herself sitting in a position she can't get up from...and who knows what else.

It's pretty depressing that an adult with their own income (albeit from a shitshow) can AFFORD to live alone, but can't for other reasons. A fall for her could be devastating. She really should wear one of those life alert things. Or wear her cellphone on a lanyard like a necklace - because if she were to fall and be injured even slightly (like a sprained ankle), I VERY MUCH doubt she could get back up on her own.

Add it to the list of the many reasons I'd have already hit rock bottom if I were her.

Marketing this lifestyle as "fabulous" is blatantly irresponsible, IMO.

I don't think they are at this point. The show has done a 180 from season one.  They can't change the title and she's gone rogue so, I feel like they're going out of their way to show how un-fabulous her life actually is: 

* Can't apply her own chub-rub cream

* Can't walk 4 miles without feeling destroyed

* Can't shave the backs of her own legs

* Almost broke a horse (the horse was struggling)

* Can't dance any more (wiggling and arm waving does not count)

* Can barely fit through doorways (she took up the entire width when she and Heather went to check Buddy's room a couple episodes back)

* Is shown lumbering down the beach sinking much further into the sand than everyone else

They're clearly focusing on showing how un-fabulous her existence is. Every episode she's in a humiliating situation and I can't believe she doesn't "get" it (or does she, is in it for the paycheck and, like a circus clown, doesn't care?). 

Totally agree with you. I should have been more clear...I don't think TLC thinks she's "fabulous", and yep, seems like they're focusing on showing her life as not at all that fabulous. I think Twitney still thinks she's "fabulous". And yep, she does't "get it". So yeah...I agree with you, but I wasn't very clear - I meant that Twit is irresponsible by acting like she's so fabulous, and even telling people (on social media) "if you lost 4 lbs that's fine, but don't go by numbers on a scale, blah blah blah". I think she is the irresponsible one. She's still blathering on about how she should love her body, at any size, but if she really loved her body she wouldn't be destroying it with all this extra weight.

I'm with you, I don't get why she doesn't see that she's being shown in these humiliating situations (can it GET any worse than the chub rub cream incident?) and that these situations clearly show she's not so fab. But there she was, braying away and making sexual innuendos while Todd put cream on her because her makeshift "rag on a stick" wouldn't reach.

She'll also be bawling away one minute saying "I'm never going to find a man!" and then she's groping some poor guy the next...something is very wrong in that brain!

• Love 4
(edited)
On 2/27/2018 at 9:38 PM, lightninggirl said:

I'm watching the "Extra Fabulous" scenes, and the first one is when Sweatney and Donna find a bidet in one of the bathrooms in their suite. Two items of note:

1. For Babs and Glenn's 30th wedding anniversary, they had another 'destination celebration' - they went to Europe. Sweatney was dicking around with her hotel room's bidet and flooded her hotel room.
2. Sweatney started mashing the bidet buttons and activated it while she was sitting on it in her big-assed black leggings. She said, "Ohhh, it's going, it's SO WARM." Then cut to the next scene AND SHE'S IN THE SAME BLACK LEGGINGS THAT GOT SHOT UP WITH THE BIDET WATER ON THE TOILET. Girl. What in the hell.

Thanks for taking one for the team and watching this so I don't have to. Flooded her hotel room? Idiot. And she admits to that while being filmed? Even bigger idiot.

Starting up the bidet with your clothes on - and enjoying it...wow. I have no words for how screwed up this is.

I swear sometimes she is just thinking "What's the craziest, most shocking thing I can do to keep the attention all on me?" and then she DOES that thing.

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Thanks for taking one for the team and watching this so I don't have to. Flooded her hotel room? Idiot. And she admits to that while being filmed? Even bigger idiot.

Starting up the bidet with your clothes on - and enjoying it...wow. I have no words for how screwed up this is.

I swear sometimes she is just thinking "What's the craziest, most shocking thing I can do to keep the attention all of me?" and then she DOES that thing.

image.jpeg

• Love 8

I watched this last night - in the UK we're a week behind you guys - and I was shocked at the sight of Whit on the beach in her swimsuit, waddling along the beach.  Her thighs are each the size of a child. A fat child who needs to lose weight. She's definitely considerably larger than she was in Season 1.

Now I'm no sylph, I need to lose 50lbs, and I'm trying hard to do this - I've dropped 12lbs since New Year, through healthy eating and walking. I've noticed how sluggish I feel when I'm carrying too much weight, and I'm acutely aware, now I'm almost 60, of the health issues related to obesity. I'm terrified of the thought of diabetes. So I call total bullshit on Whit's constant assertions that she's in perfect health. At the very least, her mobility is becoming jeopardised, she's at risk of heart attack, stroke and all manner of diseases that are the result of her lifestyle.

OTOH, everyone has the right to live as they want to, and if Whit is able to live independently and be self-supporting, then good on her. But all the signs are that she needs a massive amount of support - physical, financial, emotional, psychological - and to me that's indicative of any number of underlying problems.

There was a highlight for me in this episode - Buddy's 2-second demonstration of the Downward-facing Dog and the Cobra. It was so cute and funny. I wish Buddy well, and as someone said upthread, he needs to find a new life, job, friends and support network away from everything that led him into trouble.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, essexjan said:

I watched this last night - in the UK we're a week behind you guys - and I was shocked at the sight of Whit on the beach in her swimsuit, waddling along the beach.  Her thighs are each the size of a child. A fat child who needs to lose weight. She's definitely considerably larger than she was in Season 1.

Now I'm no sylph, I need to lose 50lbs, and I'm trying hard to do this - I've dropped 12lbs since New Year, through healthy eating and walking. I've noticed how sluggish I feel when I'm carrying too much weight, and I'm acutely aware, now I'm almost 60, of the health issues related to obesity. I'm terrified of the thought of diabetes. So I call total bullshit on Whit's constant assertions that she's in perfect health. At the very least, her mobility is becoming jeopardised, she's at risk of heart attack, stroke and all manner of diseases that are the result of her lifestyle.

OTOH, everyone has the right to live as they want to, and if Whit is able to live independently and be self-supporting, then good on her. But all the signs are that she needs a massive amount of support - physical, financial, emotional, psychological - and to me that's indicative of any number of underlying problems.

There was a highlight for me in this episode - Buddy's 2-second demonstration of the Downward-facing Dog and the Cobra. It was so cute and funny. I wish Buddy well, and as someone said upthread, he needs to find a new life, job, friends and support network away from everything that led him into trouble.

I've not mentioned this before, but when I was heavier I had a life-threatening bout of pancreatitis (four hospitalizations in three months and two months more of IV nutrition to allow my pancreas to heal). What terrifies me about gaining weight is the idea that I'll go through that hell again. Every now and then I wonder if Whitney is at risk for it. Trust me, THAT would wake her up. Your body revolting against you is very scary. 

• Love 4

I call total bullshit on Whit's constant assertions that she's in perfect health.

Except for the PCOS, the sprained toe, the plantar fascitis, the depression, the pre-diabetes, the constant skin breakdown (known as chub rub)...

Every now and then I wonder if Whitney is at risk for it (pancreatitis).

I'm sure she is at high risk for a lot of medical conditions - doesn't seem to matter to her.  I have actually known several people who have lost a lot of weight who then developed gallstones and had their gallbladders removed. Apparently there is some linkage to going from a higher fat to a lower fat diet and developing gallstones. So I can just see Whitney someday losing weight, developing gallstones and then arguing that losing weight made her sicker than being fat ever did.

Or at least, I can see any argument that requires a lot of gall being perfectly suited for Whitney...

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, essexjan said:

There are some pictures in this link taken four years ago when Fat Girl Dancing was the latest internet phenomenon. She's considerably smaller than she is in the Hawaii photos. I'd guess she's at least 100lbs heavier now.

https://www.popdust.com/meet-youtubes-latest-viral-superstarfat-girl-dancing-1889855329.html

ITA -- at least 100 #s & these photos prove it. Her hips, upper arms & thighs are massively larger than in S-1. Thanks for providing the proof.

• Love 6
On 3/1/2018 at 6:44 PM, essexjan said:

There are some pictures in this link taken four years ago when Fat Girl Dancing was the latest internet phenomenon. She's considerably smaller than she is in the Hawaii photos. I'd guess she's at least 100lbs heavier now.

https://www.popdust.com/meet-youtubes-latest-viral-superstarfat-girl-dancing-1889855329.html

I had commented before in the other Whit thread about her weight and the Fat Girl Dancing video. Just from that, I couldn't honestly tell if she really gained weight but these still photos you provided this website is full on proof for me. It's honestly sad that she's put herself in this position. I hope it's worth it to her to milk this to her grave.

• Love 3

What a horrible person. It started with that shit eating smugness about having her whole row to herself on the plane - with no admission that it's because she's so huge she has to buy multiple seats just to fit.

There's no way they're selling the idea that Glenn paid for the trip. I know he probably makes good money, but his bonus covering the expense of a trip like that for nine people? No way.

There's no way they didn't all know it was an 8K from the beginning. It's a plot line TLC set up, clearly.

Shitney will clearly eat if it is after 9:00 PM somewhere on earth.

Since it would be physically impossible for her to fit into an airplane lav, and the flight from NC to the west coast, then another flight from west cost to Hawaii are both several hours in length, I would bet a kidney she was wearing diapers. She has admitted previously that she has an incontinence problem. That means she also most likely has a diaper rash problem. Fabulous, really.

The reaction to the "hot shirtless dudes": she was genuinely put off when the one man said "No" when she asked if she could touch him. Her reaction of "Whaaay?" would have been called out all over social media if she were a 400 pound man who wanted to grope a fit woman in a bikini.

She is absolutely ungrateful, and has always been.

Who the hell sits on a toilet and turns on the bidet with "pants" on?

Laying on a surfboard briefly is not surfing. I once jumped out of an airplane while strapped to another person and did a tandem AFF jump. I am not therefore "a skydiver".

Hunter is fat, she could easily have not ruined the dinner, and I'm not really sure how her family hasn't smothered her in her sleep. It wouldn't be hard, just take off the CPAP.

I thought nothing could be worse than that horrible fake cackle laugh. Then came the screaming.

The depth to which she sinks into the sand... is mind blowing.

Shitney's lie of "big fat fabulous life" can do anything and the comment to Buddy "but this body..." about the 8K. Crack in the veneer.

Tries to prove how much she cares about Buddy by telling him she just "didn't notice" he had a serious problem.

Is she now trying to get both Buddy and Zach interested in her? We all know you want to stare at Zach's crotch. Shitney is the thirstiest thing I have ever seen.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:37 AM, ClareWalks said:

Extra credit: "Ironman" is also a specific distance, and in fact a specific branded race by the Ironman company. It's not just any triathlon, it has to have a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run. Which, for the record, I would totally attempt for a free Hawaii trip, even though I can't swim or bike. Or run.

If someone paid my entry fees and bought me the trip because they surprise entered me in the Ironman World Championship triathlon in Hawaii I would go out there and put my Death Before DNF to the test. No question.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

That means she also most likely has a diaper rash problem. Fabulous, really.

But if you call it "chub rub," it infers physical activity more strenuous than urinating on yourself.  

• Love 10
On 2/18/2018 at 4:33 PM, AZChristian said:

I SOOOO wanted to say something along these lines, but you're braver.  LOL.

Go for it next time ... you’re among snarky friends ! ?

i still can’t believe Glenn thinks his 400+lb daughter’s body can handle marathons....does not compute. 

• Love 2
On 2/20/2018 at 8:27 PM, Donut Bear said:

I probably would not wear a bathing suit on TV if I were her

Twit insists on showing her 400+in all its glory. Can’t she buy one of those bathing suits that have shorts that would cover her a bit more ? Obv she’s a very large woman but it would at least cover the bumps & bulges. She doesn’t have to look at it - everyone else does!!!

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, DNR said:

Twit insists on showing her 400+in all its glory. Can’t she buy one of those bathing suits that have shorts that would cover her a bit more ? Obv she’s a very large woman but it would at least cover the bumps & bulges. She doesn’t have to look at it - everyone else does!!!

We walk by Torrid almost every day doing our daily 10,000 steps (often at the mall before it opens).  They have some adorable swimsuits for plus sizes.  It is possible to look nice(r) . . . but one has to want to.  Twit is just all about the exhibitionism.

• Love 9

I believe someone on this forum has said that the 8K was shortened because of extreme heat that day.  What about poor elderly Glenn, stuck in the sun for so much longer and carrying his share of Whitney the last part of the race?  We didn't hear Whitney apologize to him or concern herself with whether he was up to it.  I hope Babs did.

• Love 10
On 3/2/2018 at 10:02 PM, AegisGale said:

I had commented before in the other Whit thread about her weight and the Fat Girl Dancing video. Just from that, I couldn't honestly tell if she really gained weight but these still photos you provided this website is full on proof for me. It's honestly sad that she's put herself in this position. I hope it's worth it to her to milk this to her grave.

The article stated her weight at that time was 350. She hasn't had a televised weigh in since the workouts with Will, so who knows how much she has put on? Oh, did you catch the PCOS line that states others that suffer from it include Emma Thompson and Victoria Beckham? 

• Love 3

I thought the televised weigh-ins were likely faked. Especially that last one in the gym where a professional fitness athlete and trainer apparently used a chic glass scale scale available at Bed Bath and Beyond to weigh in his morbidly obese client. A scale which, I know from personal experience, does not go over 250 lbs. (and would likely crack under the stress of Whitney's alleged "355.")

• Love 4

I’d rather listen to an endless loop of the completely terrifying sounding ‘Aztec Death Whistle’ than Twitney’s screaming,braying,chortle...

• Love 3
On 2/26/2018 at 11:24 PM, 3girlsforus said:

must have been a horrible scene for the TLC editors to decide it wouldn’t be shown on screen. They usually make a point of enhancing her horror. Makes me wonder if there was a wardrobe malfunction while she writhed around and tried to get up. The elastic on that bathing suit bottom might not have been strong enough to prevent the full moon. 

That my friends would be known as a SUPERMOON. ?

• Love 6
9 hours ago, DNR said:

I’d rather listen to an endless loop of the completely terrifying sounding ‘Aztec Death Whistle’ than Twitney’s screaming,braying,chortle...

Hummm -- surprisingly similar.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, DNR said:

This was really cool and unique. I've heard this before but this particular video is really cool. Thanks for posting. Much like watching hakas (another thing that is more enjoyable to watch than Whitney), it never gets old. So now we have two things that are more intimidating than Whitney, hakas and death whistles, that are far more enjoyable to witness than Whitney herself.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, DNR said:

If they could have a concert where a thousand of those competed with a thousand vuvuzelas in a contest to rupture my eardrums, it would still sound better than listening to Shitney whine, cry and cackle.

• Love 3
On 3/26/2018 at 2:44 PM, mybuddyspence said:

The article stated her weight at that time was 350. She hasn't had a televised weigh in since the workouts with Will, so who knows how much she has put on? Oh, did you catch the PCOS line that states others that suffer from it include Emma Thompson and Victoria Beckham? 

Yup, I did happen to catch that. And I'm not sure who, but I'm pretty sure there's also been other commenters on this forum who have said they suffer from PCOS. While PCOS makes it difficult to lost weight/manage your weight gaining 200+ lbs isn't due to it even though that's what Whitney always loves to claim. One of the treatment methods that is most recommended is a healthy diet and exercise plus birth control since it can help regulate your period if it's one of the symptoms you're going through. Whitney has all the tools and support to be able to moderate her PCOS but she refuses to since it's hard and requires her to lose weight.

• Love 5

when she gets into the golf cart after bitching her way through what the rest of us would consider to be a stroll in paradise, I noticed that she has a back like a buffalo.

• Love 3