Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Aloha Buddy

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, John M said:

It took a team of people to push you out on a floatation device like 100 feet into the ocean and then be pushed back to shore with a small wave and you are a "surfer"? Welcome to the Whit world of accomplishments.

I think we have a winning post here...

• Love 11

I'm sorry, but don't you have to STAND on the board in order to be considered surfing?  If I push myself out into the ocean laying on a floaty, would I be surfing too?  If so, I'm an AMAZING surfer.

I think TLC seriously hates this woman.  First skiing and now surfing.  I think if she weren't so big she didn't qualify, TLC would try to stick her on a roller coaster, have her go sky diving or parasailing.

• Love 17

I really, really, really hope that Buddy is successful in his recovery and is able to get away from Twit and get a new job that is healthy for him and has a truly fabulous life. Go Buddy! 

1 minute ago, LordOfLotion said:

She looks like a blob sitting on that beach.

She's got so much fat that she can't even slump. Her fat keeps her spine relatively straight. That's so weird. 

• Love 8

She doesn't think it should be a bribe. So is she going to pay Glen-er-TLC back for the cost of her trip? ... ... hello? 

YES YES YES! You ARE being a brat and an asshole and maybe he doesn't think Hunter NEEDS to do a 5k and all you had to do was say NO, I'm not going to do the 5k, have fun in Hawaii. NO one forced you to do this. But you said you would and you're in Hawaii so suck it up buttercup. 

Edited by Maggienolia
  • Love 16

Wait a minute - I'm about to go wash my hair and as I walk past the TV, I see a preview of this idiot in flip flops doing a race????  Even if she didn't have plantar fasciitis, that can't be good. What was she thinking?

Edited by aliya
  • Love 14

Whitney, you ungrateful bitch. Your father flew you and your friends to Hawaii at great personal expense (I realize TLC probably paid for this whole trip but I’ve decided to play along with the storyline that Glen is paying for it) and all she does is roll her eyes and bitch and moan. 

And she’s complaining about training? You’re walking on a beach in Hawaii! But that obviously is too much for her. But look at how fit and fabulous she is!!  Ugh 

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Love 23
Just now, Geekygal16 said:

Oh dear lord, is she going to be crying the entire 8K?

Naaahhhh, she'll take breaks to whine and whimper and scream in agony. And she'll wear mascara again so she can have those gorgeous psychotic raccoon eyes.

• Love 11

All of Glenn and Babs’ bribing has created an adult who has absolutely no internal motivation.  If there’s no Hawaiian vacations there’s no 5K.  If there’s no money at the end of the semester there are no good grades. Etc. If the 5K turned out to be an 8K you broke the contract and she won’t do it. 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Geekygal16 said:

I for one hopes she quits the 8K so I don't have to watch her cry and whine and waddle in pain.

But we all know already that they didn’t walk the 8k because we’ve read the tweet where one of the real runners complained that they shortened the course for this show.  So even if Twit did walk the entire course it was 5k not an 8k. Snerk. 

• Love 9

Whit's parents treat her like she's some delicate China doll. They worry about her surfing. They worry about her walking the whole race. Will she be able to snorkel?

Good god Glen and Babs she's not gonna break

• Love 11

Just started this and I am already annoyed "wow I ripped my pants....wow my feet swell" Just stop.  "Daddy want me to get up early to train." He paid for your trip you ungrateful twat just smile and do as he asks without the eye rolling and attitude. Yes let's draw strength from Buddy, he is newly recovered why do you need to draw energy from him to walk 5k you lazy petulant child. I can't.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 12

I watch this show knowing that the title of the show is completely ironic but it makes me sad that there are people who actually think this fucking twat is fabulous.  She is not.  Not being able to walk 4-5 miles without needing to take multiple breaks and looking like you need immediate medical attention is not fabulous. It’s not even standard.  It’s frightening.  I can’t believe people defend this delusional asshole.  I feel no shame watching this show and making snarky (possibly asshole-ish) comments.  

She deserves every bit of vitriol we can spew.  And it has nothing to do with her weight.  It’s because she is horrible.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

She does NOT have plantar fasciitis. If she did she would not wear cheap-ass flip flops all the time.

Exactly. I have plantar fasciitis, I have special very expensive sneakers and shoes, and I have expensive orthotics in all my shoes. I would die in flip flops!

I can't walk either but I'm 57 and ruined my feet being an endurance athlete for 20 years (ultra long distance inline skating & cycling). Now I have osteo arthritis in my ankles and over-use injuries in my feet and ankles. When I was 33 I did not have painful feet from being 300 pounds overweight. I cannot believe that she does not lose weight only because her feet hurt.  It sucks not being able to walk without pain. Jeez if I could fix my feet by losing weight I would.  Especially being that young and she cannot walk without pain, how does she expect to live the next 30 years limping around?

• Love 21

Just because I've never seen stomach surfing before, and because Glen also did it - is this something they do for the elderly or disabled who want to have a 'surfing' experience?  Serious question.  If so, Twit should be embarrassed to have to do it that way. If she's so fabulous, why not stand up and surf? I have no problem if she fell down - she's new at it. But you'd think she'd be able to at least try standing up.

I have to admit to having a little moment when they were in the restaurant. If my husband had lived, we'd be celebrating 42 years this year. Oh well. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, aliya said:

Why is she scared? Is she afraid of the water?

She solemnly explained that as a child she was knocked over by a wave at the beach and when she tried to get up, she was knocked over by another wave.  This traumatized her so badly ("It was like being in a washing machine!!!!!) that she now has a permanent fear of waves.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

She solemnly explained that as a child she was knocked over by a wave at the beach and when she tried to get up, she was knocked over by another wave.  This traumatized her so badly ("It was like being in a washing machine!!!!!) that she now has a permanent fear of waves.

You're kidding.  Please tell me you're kidding.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

During her "traumatic" tale all I could think was she experienced what most of us who have swam in the ocean have experienced. Such a drama queen.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

She does NOT have plantar fasciitis. If she did she would not wear cheap-ass flip flops all the time.

I've said this before . . . I have recently HAD plantar fasciitis in my left foot, and am less than 2 years since a total knee replacement in my right leg.  I am 71 years old and fluffy . . . but not more than double my ideal weight.

1.  A doctor can give you a shot of cortisone in your foot, and the relief from the PF is immediate.  I literally started walking 5,000 steps per day right after the shot, and am now up to 8,000 . . . aiming for 10,000 steps a day.  The FIRST thing a doctor will tell you IF you have PF is to wear good support shoes with a good insert that is MADE for people with PF.  NO flip flops.  

2.  While I'm sure that some of the travel expenses for the trip to Hawaii are being paid for by TLC, I'm not sure that the hotel is giving them all free accommodations.  One thing that they would consider before "comping" a room is the reputation of the "celebrity" who is staying.  Five minutes on Google would show that Twit is NOT someone they want to use as advertising.  She is considered a joke, and anyone with a brain would realize that her fans don't tend to be people who could afford to stay at a hotel just because she stayed there.  Their group might be getting a discount - but ANYONE who is booking multiple rooms can negotiate for a discount.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

True. I've had it twice, flip flops and walking barefoot are the worst for your feet if you have plantar fasciitis. 

What damn difference does it make if it's a 5K or 8K. You get out there with the best of intentions and give it your all. Doesn't matter if you finish. Just try! 

• Love 12

Yep, I'm on my second bout (20 years apart)with plantar fasciitis on my left foot and cd never do flip flops or anything .without orthotics. My aqua class helps too. And stretching.  

Twit is full of B.S. (and alot of food,  frappachinos, and alcohol.) I bet she was jonesing for a cigarette on the flight over to Hawaii. Of course, smoking is also fabulous and doesn't affect your physical ability to walk much,  or anything else needing breathing. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Yep, I'm on my second bout (20 years apart)with plantar fasciitis on my left foot and cd never do flip flops or anything .without orthotics. My aqua class helps too. And stretching.  

Nothing ever worked for me except a series of cortizone shots in my feet. Ouchhhh! Those long needles are no joke! 

Whitney looks so uncomfortable walking with her thighs stuck together. I can't imagine the skin rubbing raw like she said happens sometimes. Must be awful. Not enough for her to want to lose weight, though. What is wrong with her? 

• Love 6

Best moments:

1.  Whit setting up her reason not to run...plantar fasciitis!  

2. Babs checking out the Hawaiian hotties was awesome .  Babs ditching the possie for alone time was priceless.  Team Babs!

3.  The 5k...whoops...8k “debacle”.  Did he know? ?Didn’t he know? ?I’m more interested in how long he and Babs fell apart laughing when they went back to their room.   When he said “well, I didn’t want you to have a choice”...???

4.   Was waiting for Whit to smell the sea cucumber. 

5.  Whit on the boogie board...on the one hand good for her.  On the other hand...apparently boogie boards are much sturdier than I believed them to be!

6.  Buddy, Buddy, Buddy...I’m not a fan.  Too many druggies in my fam.   They are unpredictable.  

7.  I wonder if her chub rub is worse at the beach?  That sand tho...

8. How come everyone looks so fake happy during the anniversary toast?

9.  The whining over the race...for fuck’s sake.   She wants to break the cycle? How about breaking it at home and not going on the trip with all your friends?  Her and the fake anxiety.  Stop it.  Seriously. Just stop.  And poor Hunter getting caught up in that. 

And...until next week when she has to go to the hospital over 8k and Buddy calls Whit an addict...woohoo!

• Love 13

Whitney the beached whale..taking that surfing lesson.   What a nightmare she would be to go on a vacation with.  And stop screaming and making other obnoxious noises!!

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

How strong and brave she was in confronting her father with her distaste for his attempts to bribe her, a thirty-three year old woman!! into doing things! I guess it never occurred to her that a thirty-three year old woman could say, "Thanks for the offer, Dad, and I'd love to go to Hawaii with you and Mom and Hunter, but I'm really not interested in a race. So, if that's the deal, I'll pass. You guys have a wonderful time." And then she could start saving money for a trip of her own, if she really wanted to go to Hawaii.

Part of me almost wants to side with Whit, I'm fortunate enough to have parents with some money, not rolling in it mega millionaires but very comfortable and they do help me out from time to time in my 30s to, let's say afford a lifestyle that I would otherwise not be able to afford on my salary alone. For instance not to long ago I my car broke down and my dad gave me the down payment on a BMW when my budget is more Ford level. And it's not unique to me, all their kids get some help and I grew up with an affluent peer group and given that most of us have chosen careers and lifestyles that while fulfilling and more than pay the bills are not particularly financial lucrative and have gotten help with things like house payments, generous holiday gifts, family vacations and such. Basically my point is I sort of hate how Whit gets hated on for having generous parents, my dad easily had the money to give me the down payment on a nicer car and was happy to give it to me provided that I wasn't otherwise being financially imprudent like not being able to make the car payment and I get shit on sometimes for it.

But come on Whit, you dad cares about you and is asking you to do like basically nothing in exchange for a free trip for yourself and all of your friends and all you have to do is try and walk 5 miles and you are acting like an entitled monster about it. Yes, your brother is walking the 8K and he's not complaining because it is a nothing request for someone that hasn't eaten themselves into immobility.

Edited by John M
  • Love 6