Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Surprises and Sentences

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Alla fears she might be pregnant; Garrett has a birthday surprise for Johnna; shocking news from Lizzie's lawyer leaves Scott in shambles; shopping for a wedding tuxedo divides Mary and Dom.

Thank you Emkat. I thought Alla might be high but figured I was just being too suspicious. The whole she thinks she is pregnant after two weeks is ridiculous. Girl seemed to be trying to cover up her drug use.

Andrea’s friend was right. All Andrea wants is to be married. She wants to marry the guy no matter the circumstances. I can’t wait to watch when she finds out he can’t go to Utah anytime soon. He is also an idiot if he sneaks up to Utah. Does he really want to go back to prison?

I feel bad for Dom. He is obviously was traumatized by prison and Mary seems not to care. She is another Andrea who only seems to care about getting married. I was horrified she didn’t seem to care he could get in trouble for being at the tux shop and kept pushing him to try things on even after she knew. She doesn’t seem to love him, she just wants her wedding. I think she will be done with him if the wedding goes through.  She can say she got married and then won’t care about him. I was surprised how pretty she looked in her old pictures. She looks so much older now. 

• Love 11

Alla was totally high in the restaurant for sure. She ran into a chair on h way to the bathroom and had a hard time even talking. Eyes were messed up too. Can’t that guy even consider that drug use could be the reason for her bizarre behavior?

Mary is a complete and self centered bitch. She knows she has lost her looks and won’t be able to find someone else. For sure not as nice looking as Dom. He will dump her - I hope.

The old lady who is sending the young guy money (who for some reason didn’t get out last week) has lips that look as if she smokes crack. They looked split and bloodied.

Don’t care for Andrea. Just don’t want to see her “fiancé” go back to prison for breaking parole for her sorry ass.

• Love 12

I don’t think James is smart or savvy enough to recognize drug use when it’s right in front of him. He’s another desperate idiot among the basketful on this show.

Poor Dom. Whatever happened to him in prison has totally changed him from the smiling, happy guy in the photos. Here’s hoping he’s serious about dumping her delusional ass.

Andrea, you deserve whatever happens to you for totally ignoring the huge boquet of red flags you’ve managed to gather. God help your kids. You don’t give a shit about them, that’s clear.

I’m glad Lizzie is now stuck in prison for a longer time. I want Scott to wake up, get together with his female friend who obviously cares about him and have a happy life. Nobody wants to be alone, Scott, but that doesn’t mean you have to look to prison for your life mate.

The mental health expert must have gotten her degree at Toys R Us, judging from her gushing over this guy who’s using her for money.

• Love 12

I agree with the poster above. I don't want to see Andrea's fiancée (Lamar?) go back to prison over her. Of course, he was out of line and shouldn't be body checking or getting into people's faces etc.,but the guy still hadn't acclimated to the outside world. He still thought he was still protecting his jello in jail. 18 years is a long time to be away from civilization, charcuterie,and wine. 

Seriously, do prisons provide classes to help longterm inmates re-acclimate to the world outside? 

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, zenme said:

Seriously, do prisons provide classes to help longterm inmates re-acclimate to the world outside? 

Canada does, apparently, with Dom’s halfway house situation.

Garrett is now deep, deep in debt and Johanna is his only option. He cannot afford rent, anywhere. She’s got him right where she wants him. Stuck.

• Love 5

The only person with any little bit of sense is Lamar’s friend that he’s living with. No one should go back to jail over Andrea. 

Mary is a complete asshole. The fact that her response to Dominic clearly being traumatized over his time in prison is “He needs to get over it!” says everything about her. 

• Love 14

Johnna is annoying AF. I don't know how he can stand her, but I think he has no where else to go. My prediction: Garrett stays with Johnna until he finds someone else who can help him financially. Once he's been out of prison for a while, someone may give slightly less weight to his "unfortunate incarceration," TM Anthony Bouvier (Designing Women).  He'll find someone equally as desperate as Johnna, with a  job, with SURELY a  more palatable personality than Johnna. Perhaps one of those strippers he loves so much.

• Love 5

Oh yeah, Alla was totally high the entire episode.  I don't care how sick you are, if you are sober, you call an appointment and tell them you're ill and not coming.  Beyond that, does anyone get sick if they are 2 weeks pregnant??  Alla clearly did a bump or something in that bathroom - - she was so confrontational when she came out.  OF COURSE James is going to ask her about the pregnancy test when she returns.  Her reaction was ridiculous.  

Lamar is seriously going to consider violating his parole to shut Andrea up?  Is he nuts?  Or does he want to get away from her so badly that he'll get back behind bars to do so?  Andrea's friend (Michelle?) gets it - - - Lamar has been locked up for 18 years.  He's institutionalized.  Bad enough that he body checks Andrea; is no one (meaning Andrea) concerned about what he might do to her children?  And when she says she wants him to get to Utah so their families can be together what she means is her kids.   I'm actually scared for her kids.  Kids can be trying and exhausting under the best of circumstances.  Lamar is trying to adjust to being out of prison, he hasn't been a father and they aren't his kids.  Plus, it's not like the kids are excited to try and establish a relationship with him.  I imagine her appearance on this show is not helping Andrea's real estate career.

Scott, Scott, Scott . . . if Lizzie was caught with  heroin, she is using heroin.  Run.  Just run.  She's a hustler and a grifter.  No good will come of this.  The best thing for Scott is for Lizzie to get an additional 12 years so that hopefully he can cut ties and move on.  At least now we know where that $20,000 Scott spent went - - - attorney's fees.  I feel bad for him; he seems like a decent guy.

Mary, WTF?  I don't know Dom but I can see he's traumatized and suffering.  He doesn't give a shit about tuxedos.  Nor should he.  Let him get out and get his head straight.  She has zero sympathy or empathy for him nor does she seem to support him.  Of course he's concerned about following his parole instructions and of course he's changed while in prison.  I'll bet she's changed too while he's been in.  He doesn't seem violent, at least not now.  It's interesting that her parents are supportive of her relationship with someone who was convicted of a violent offense.  I guess that says something about the peach Mary must be.  Also, I found Mary's comment about Dom looking better in the tux than he did in anything he wore in prison a passive aggressive slight.  She didn't need to say that in front of the saleslady.  

Angela is so desperate and co-dependent with Tony, it's gross to see.  Again, this woman is allegedly a mental health professional?  For people?  I can't imagine she could get and keep patients, knowing that she's involved with an inmate with a lengthy sheet.   She is certainly the stereotype for someone who would rather be with anyone than be alone.   Does she have any friends or family that think this is a bad idea? 

Garrett and Johnna are doomed.  He bought her a ring to pacify her, not because he truly wants to spend the rest of his life with her.  As he's said in his THs, this is his first real taste of adult freedom.  He was incarcerated as a teen and has never had that freedom.  She thinks they need to spend every moment together and is jealous and resentful of any experience he has with anyone else.  Her blurb says she's an office manager.  If I were watching this show and it was my office she was managing, I would think twice.  She does not come off very responsible or mature.  And does poor little Penelope ever come out of that crate??   Send her to me!

Don't think I didn't snort and chuckle (snuckle?  Chort?) when Johnna's assertion about being so pissed at Garrett that she would turn down his proposal went out the window as soon as he presented the ring.  Ha!  Wonder if she'll take it to get it appraised and be pissed that the solitaire isn't a full carat? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

does anyone get sick if they are 2 weeks pregnant?? 

No. But if you’re back on heroin after not having any for a while, I figure she probably overdid it. I don’t know anything about the drug, but have friends who’s kids were and still are hooked. It’s a hard drug to kick. Especially since she’s not getting any rehab help.

27 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

this woman is allegedly a mental health professional?  For people? 

Well.... maybe she’s a pet counselor. For pet lizards.

• Love 3

Once again I say: I have never seen so many bad decisions in one place.

Yeah, Alla fell off the wagon hard. She totally got high in the bathroom rather than take a pregnancy test (do people take pregnancy tests at restaurants? Is that a thing?). Her whole demeanor was different.

I don't know what happened to Dominic, but something did. He's clearly traumatized by his time and Mary doesn't care. She's ignoring his wishes. If your dude tells you he's not allowed to be in a place or he will go back to prison, your response should be "Oh shit, I didn't know. Let's go. And also, let's look into some counseling resources." Damn right he should be focusing on doing what he needs to do to stay out of trouble rather than planning a wedding. I'm sure the halfway house comes with requirements - does he have a job? How about taking him to fill out some applications, rather than to try on tuxes he probably can't afford to rent or buy? Also, Mary is ... really unfortunate-looking. I don't feel as bad about saying so because she did it to herself - those lip fillers and drawn-on brows are not her friends. She's going to age horribly.

Andrea is pitiful and Lamar is a fool. I loved his brother being like, "Fam, are you seriously going to go back to prison to move to Utah? For what?" And Andrea just wants to be married, like her friend (sister?) said. Doesn't matter who. She's lonely and tired of being a single mom and wants someone around. Her kids seem like they have some sense. They did not get it from her.

At least Garrett found work - I heard him say he's a server. He'll be paying for the ring and the car for a long time. Johnna is such a bitch. He will - and should! - leave her as soon as he finds a better option.

The older guy whose girlfriend is facing 12 more years ... I feel sorry for him. He just seems so lonely and stupid. (His girlfriend's lawyer is cute. Call me!)

• Love 10

I loved Alla’s fake run to the gas station trash can to “vomit” the moment that dummy pulled up in his car.  Also, did anyone catch her tell him that the gas station “receptionist” asked if she was pregnant. Sure, Jan.  She is high and I wonder if he realizes it.

Dom sounds like he was majorly traumatized in prison. That ugly plastic chick is too self-involved to realize that the man she is so desperate to marry is struggling.  She cares more about the wedding than the actual marriage. Run, Dom. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Johanna had to co-sign for the loan for her own ring.  After the car loan and his server job, I can’t see how he’d get approved for a loan for a ring. Also, it’s husterical that she thinks strippers wouldn’t want Garrett. Many will have the real (cute, loser) boyfriend and then the Sugardaddy. 

• Love 14

I feel awful for Dom. I hope he dumps Mary, heals, and looks back only long enough to never again make that kind of mistake. 

I don't often say this, but Mary is a first-class, straight-out bitch. She is in love with the idea of a wedding, that's it. To hell with Dom, his needs, his feelings, his freedom...

I LOVED Dom's calm and matter-of-fact response when Mary attempted her shitty,  "ok fine then let's just end it" teen-level, emotional blackmail. What a selfish, self-centered imbecile. Her man is traumatized. He could go back to prison if he does the wrong thing, he is telling her that he wants to do the RIGHT thing, and that's somehow an issue?  The fillers have scrambled whatever brain she may have had. FREE DOM! 

Alla was definitely high. Her attitude, defensiveness, shadiness, the puking (if it was real, it's a big giveaway, esp if you've ever been there or seen it first-hand).  I wouldn't be shocked if she used in the bathroom, too. 

Scott needs to cut his losses with Lizzie, but I bet he won't.  Don't be stupid, Scott! You're still nothing but a mark to Lizzie. 

Johnna finally goaded Garrett into a proposal. How romantic.

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 12

Alla.  So totally sadly wasted.  When she “took the pregnancy test” she totally was getting stoned.  Slurred words, wasted logic etc.  and her guy?   Thought something about her pregnancy test made her act weird.  

She kept saying “find your own material”.  He was clueless.  Uh dude, she is using.  

• Love 5

Andrea is a fucking liar.  She straight up lied to her friend when she said Lamar "was looking everywhere for her."  No, he only went looking for her after she sent him a text saying she was lost.  And who is her stupid friend saying it was good that she left and didn't meet Lamar's daughter.  Seriously, Andrea's friends are sorrier than Andrea.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I agree with what everyone has said but here's my 2 cents! 

Dom and Mary - Mary is so selfish, she doesn't seem to realize that that's a reason Dom hadn't cracked a smile once since he's been out. Dom has aged a lot better "on the inside" than Mary has. She's messed up her face. I crack up every time the camera focuses on her ridiculously high heels. 

Alla - High as a kite is right! Despite James' giant and crazy eyes, he can't see it. 

Scott - Poor guy, he's so gullible and simple. He focused on his guilt for giving her a cell phone and ignores the fact she got caught with heroin & meth. That's one classy lady - Run for your life Scott! 

Garrett & Johnna - I don't like Garrett at all but Johnna's so psycho that I don't feel bad for either of them. I feel bad for her dog!

Angela - She looks 65 instead of her alleged 45 years. That's some rough living. And she's no mental health professional. If I was sent to see her, I would turn around and leave. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

First of all, love this show. It fills the void that 90 Day Fiancé left me LOL. This show makes you feel great about all your life choices. After watching this mess, it’s impossible to think you’re not winning at life.  None of these people seem to consider the transition from prison life. All of these people think that once released, it will be a fairytale life and they will live happily ever after. The stank of desperation and delusion is thick.

My take:

Dom & Mary- Dom clearly is freaked out. Maybe because after all these years and got a close up view of Mary? She wears stripper heels and seems to no longer have eyebrows.

Alla- James pushed her to go to the modeling agency because it makes him feel better to say he's dating a model vs a felon. It is clear she is back on the smack. This will not end well.

Scott- I feel the worst for his son. Watching your father shell out money to someone in prison? And then barfing on the road because they wont let her out? Pathetic. The best news this guy could've gotten is that she's not getting out in a while but he will probably continue sending her money.

Angela- He totally ghosted her at the bus stop. I bet you anything, he got out and is literally FaceTiming her from a Walmart bathroom stall. 

Andrea- Run girl. Do not intro that man to your kids. 

Garrett & Johnna- Johnna is psychotic. In no way do I believe that he gave her a real diamond.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, usernameG said:

First of all, love this show. It fills the void that 90 Day Fiancé left me LOL. This show makes you feel great about all your life choices. After watching this mess, it’s impossible to think you’re not winning at life.  None of these people seem to consider the transition from prison life. All of these people think that once released, it will be a fairytale life and they will live happily ever after. The stank of desperation and delusion is thick.

My take:

Dom & Mary- Dom clearly is freaked out. Maybe because after all these years and got a close up view of Mary? She wears stripper heels and seems to no longer have eyebrows.

Alla- James pushed her to go to the modeling agency because it makes him feel better to say he's dating a model vs a felon. It is clear she is back on the smack. This will not end well.

Scott- I feel the worst for his son. Watching your father shell out money to someone in prison? And then barfing on the road because they wont let her out? Pathetic. The best news this guy could've gotten is that she's not getting out in a while but he will probably continue sending her money.

Angela- He totally ghosted her at the bus stop. I bet you anything, he got out and is literally FaceTiming her from a Walmart bathroom stall. 

Andrea- Run girl. Do not intro that man to your kids. 

Garrett & Johnna- Johnna is psychotic. In no way do I believe that he gave her a real diamond.

Good point on Johnna's diamond! It could totally be fake.  Or perhaps Garrett's dad co-signed for a Jared's  credit card...I can't stand Johnna, so I'm hoping it's a fugazi, and I hope the glue comes apart and the metal turns her finger green!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, usernameG said:

Johnna is psychotic. In no way do I believe that he gave her a real diamond

I’m hoping it’s fake. And I’m hoping Garrett is long gone when she takes it in for an appraisal, because she will go batshit crazy on him and anyone around her!

• Love 7

Other than saying she is married, what is Andrea’s endgame? Doesn’t she realize her crafting friends are not going to have Lamar over for weekly dinners or send their kids over to Andrea’s house?  Their husbands aren’t going to go golfing with him. She isn’t marrying a CPA, she is marrying an ex-gang member who just got out of prison after 18 years. I highly doubt people in her circle are going to be welcoming. I wonder what her family, other than the kids, think about the situation. She never speaks of them, which seems weird. I also want to know how long she has been a Mormon, raised or converted? I would like a whole background on Andrea because I can’t figure out how she ended up here. 

How are all these inmates FaceTiming from prison. I know Litzy got in trouble for having a cell phone but I thought no one had a cell phone at any prison. 

Angela’s man is totally out of prison. I wonder if he has her send money to his “mom” instead of the prison. That way he gets the money and Angela thinks he is still in prison. I could see him saying his “mom” needs help. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Other than saying she is married, what is Andrea’s endgame? Doesn’t she realize her crafting friends are not going to have Lamar over for weekly dinners or send their kids over to Andrea’s house?  Their husbands aren’t going to go golfing with him. She isn’t marrying a CPA, she is marrying an ex-gang member who just got out of prison after 18 years. I highly doubt people in her circle are going to be welcoming. I wonder what her family, other than the kids, think about the situation. She never speaks of them, which seems weird. I also want to know how long she has been a Mormon, raised or converted? I would like a whole background on Andrea because I can’t figure out how she ended up here. 

Part of me thinks that questions about Andrea being a Mormon are kind of tacky, like someone being confused if they see a black person on the ski or swim team, as if there's some genetic difference between blacks and whites when it comes to swimming.

A larger part of me thinks it is an interesting question, since Mormonism hasn't been all that welcoming of black people until recently.  However, there is a Mormon temple (and a beautiful one at that) in Harlem, and I do know that many missionaries work in the inner cities.  It's possible that Andrea was born into Mormonism, it's also possible that she converted.  Religions that are heavily into fellowship and promote a healthy lifestyle (no smoking or drinking) could be attractive to someone looking to change their life.

What confuses me about Andrea is just what is mentioned in the post; Lamar is an ex gangbanger, who isn't Mormon and might not want to be baptized in the church.  How does Lamar feel about moving to Utah?  Has Andrea considered how Lamar will feel about living in Utah?  Have any of Andrea's friends tried to introduce her to Mormon men?  I just don't get why Andrea thinks that moving Lamar to Utah would be a good idea.

Sometimes I think these civilians are looking to "build a spouse," kind of like the folks on 90 Day Fiancee.  "Let me find someone disadvantaged, so I can build him/her into what I want."  I think that's very selfish of the civilians.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

I wondered about how devout Andrea is because she’s so quickly spending the night with a man who spent 18 yrs in prison, is a known gang member, and is now taking him home to live with her and her minor children. She doesn’t seem to be too worried about what the church may think of her new arrangement. 

I had my husband watch the scenes with James and Alla, and he said “She’s on opiates, downers. Might be heroin, or something similar, but when she came back from the bathroom she was happy and sloppy at the same time, slurring her speech. Her pupils are dilated as hell.” He used to counsel drug users and knows more about this than I do.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I wondered about how devout Andrea is because she’s so quickly spending the night with a man who spent 18 yrs in prison, is a known gang member, and is now taking him home to live with her and her minor children. She doesn’t seem to be too worried about what the church may think of her new arrangement. 

I had my husband watch the scenes with James and Alla, and he said “She’s on opiates, downers. Might be heroin, or something similar, but when she came back from the bathroom she was happy and sloppy at the same time, slurring her speech. Her pupils are dilated as hell.” He used to counsel drug users and knows more about this than I do.

I was sure it was heroin, and I think it was that when he met her at the gas station.  

But - the pupils being huge - that is uppers, coke.  Opiates make your pupils pinned and tiny. Coke and meth make them huge saucers.  Maybe she did a bump of coke in the bathroom.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

How are all these inmates FaceTiming from prison. I know Litzy got in trouble for having a cell phone but I thought no one had a cell phone at any prison.

You can do video visits in some prisons.

It's sad that Alla is using drugs again.  I didn't pick up on that and probably wouldn't have if not for the parole violation.

James pushed her back into modelling because she needs a job and that seemed like a logical choice.

• Useful 1
44 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

You can do video visits in some prisons.

It's sad that Alla is using drugs again.  I didn't pick up on that and probably wouldn't have if not for the parole violation.

James pushed her back into modelling because she needs a job and that seemed like a logical choice.

Yeah, but that's also where she was introduced to heroin, a vice that landed her in prison for five years. I can see the impulse - she may not have any other skills and it's hard for felons to get jobs. But while my experience with recovery is limited, I believe it's advised to cut ties with the life and people you knew when you were using.

... Of course, it doesn't matter since she clearly ended up using again without modeling, but I don't think getting back into that world would have helped.

18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Sometimes I think these civilians are looking to "build a spouse," kind of like the folks on 90 Day Fiancee.  "Let me find someone disadvantaged, so I can build him/her into what I want."  I think that's very selfish of the civilians.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people try to change people they're with rather than finding someone who actually meets all their criteria. "He's perfect except he loves his low-paying job, so I'm telling him he has to find a higher-paying one." Well, who are you to do that if he loves his job and his bills are paid? A lot of the civilians don't seem to care about their SOs as people, especially Mary - it seems like she doesn't even really know Dominic, nor does she care to get to know him. She thinks he's hot and she probably likes that he's dangerous, and she says they have great sex. Solid foundation for a marriage! Dominic already has his answer to the "how will she be when times get rough?" question given that she's completely unsympathetic to his troubles.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 6
On 2/11/2018 at 11:14 AM, usernameG said:

OMG - That is exactly what feel about Scott's son. Scott isn't a terrible looking dude, you can't tell me he couldn't find a women in "real life". His son seems quiet and is probably a great guy. 

I feel bad for Garrett. He might do right if he gets a chance, but he needs to get time to himself and figure it out. 

• Love 2

THIS SHOW IS GOLD!!!

We can all agree by now that Alla was back on drugs..I noticed it right away. When she said she was sick my husband said --yeah, dope sick!! It's unfortunate but so predictable. She was probably driven to it by James' crazy eyes and controlling ways. Who sets up a job interview for another adult, especially when she says she doesn't WANT that job? And then go there and do the interview for them? He's a weirdo. She should just stick with her parents who seem supportive.

Garret and Joanna--lordy, that proposal. So coerced and fake, yet Joanna is beaming like its her special day. I guess you "win"--a felon who secretly hates you, LOL. My guess is he milks her dry and leaves once he finds someone cuter/less bitchy/whatever.

Andrea's friend gives terrible advice and Andrea doesn't give two shits about her kids if she's bringing this guy into her home. Lamar is unstable (for good reason) and I suspect he knew damn well what the terms of his parole were, but still got the car and whatever else out of it and I betcha he never sees Utah. Which would be best for everyone, including his daughter. He doesn't need to be married to a crazy person who hates his own daughter!

Dom and Mary--girl lay OFF the Botox and fillers--your face is frozen! It DOES NOT MOVE, it's so strangely compelling to watch her try to convey emotions. Dom has PTSD from prison, and also hates her. For good reason, she's horrible and selfish.

Scott--extreme secondhand embarrassment here. Dude, listen to what your actual body is telling you...you're vomiting by the side of the road because you KNOW you're being taken for a ride. Even Lizzie's lawyer is embarrassed for you! And he represents criminals! And he's basically telling you NOT to pay him which lawyers never do! Hello, hello, earth to Scott....he's the saddest for me. He said something like he just doesn't want to be alone, but then again, I bet he could find a nice age appropriate woman fairly easily but she wouldn't be "hot" like Lizzie (Hot is subjective here).

Angela--come on girl. Be realistic. You are being scammed. Man, she is only a few years older than me supposedly--talk about rough.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, glitterpussy said:

She was probably driven to it by James' crazy eyes and controlling ways. Who sets up a job interview for another adult, especially when she says she doesn't WANT that job? And then go there and do the interview for them? He's a weirdo. She should just stick with her parents who seem supportive.

Here's the thing.  No one can drive anybody to drink/drug/whatever.  I sensed that Alla was high from the time she was released.  If an addict wants to use, there's no stopping them.  I think people have this belief that if they do a, b and c, they won't use.  Wrong.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I was sure it was heroin, and I think it was that when he met her at the gas station.  

But - the pupils being huge - that is uppers, coke.  Opiates make your pupils pinned and tiny. Coke and meth make them huge saucers.  Maybe she did a bump of coke in the bathroom.

This, exactly.   I think she was dopesick at the gas station, which was why she was hot and puking, and did an upper in the bathroom at the restaurant.  I could see how big her pupils were from my TV!  That, coupled with the abrupt shift in personality, you'd have to be blind not to see it.   Her man was definitely being willfully obtuse.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, lezlers said:

This, exactly.   I think she was dopesick at the gas station, which was why she was hot and puking, and did an upper in the bathroom at the restaurant.  I could see how big her pupils were from my TV!  That, coupled with the abrupt shift in personality, you'd have to be blind not to see it.   Her man was definitely being willfully obtuse.

Poor fool.  He’s like - I just don’t get it, why are you acting like this??  Anyone with eyes (and we see that James has eyes) would see she was fucked up!

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Here's the thing.  No one can drive anybody to drink/drug/whatever.  I sensed that Alla was high from the time she was released.  If an addict wants to use, there's no stopping them.  I think people have this belief that if they do a, b and c, they won't use.  Wrong.

I don't think Alla was ever really clean.  She was in the same prison as Lizzie who was found with heroin and meth.  There are drugs all OVER prisons, as Lizzie's lawyer said.  I really don't think she was ever actually clean.   Also, when you're an addict, you don't stay clean through forced sobriety.  Yeah, you can be clean by necessity for a temporary amount of time, but until you get actual treatment you're guaranteed to relapse.  I can't believe she wasn't required to do some kind of treatment after her release.   

• Love 6
14 hours ago, lezlers said:

I don't think Alla was ever really clean.  She was in the same prison as Lizzie who was found with heroin and meth.  There are drugs all OVER prisons, as Lizzie's lawyer said.  I really don't think she was ever actually clean.   Also, when you're an addict, you don't stay clean through forced sobriety.  Yeah, you can be clean by necessity for a temporary amount of time, but until you get actual treatment you're guaranteed to relapse.  I can't believe she wasn't required to do some kind of treatment after her release.   

Exactly.  I agree with you.  I don't think Alla was ever really clean either.   I know a prison warden and believe me, if you want drugs and sex in prison, it's there. 

James isn't stupid but he doesn't want to believe that she is still on the junk so he's grabbing at whatever excuse he can.  He needs to cut his ties with her and move on.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Oh, for sure. I was being a little sarcastic to illustrate how controlling James is. No doubt she's NEVER been sober, even in prison.

• Love 1
On 2/11/2018 at 2:35 PM, Neurochick said:

Yes! ITA. To me it seems like most of these ladies are focused on the Wedding. Not the marriage, the Wedding. They have created these elaborate fantasies in their head and their wedding fantasies are so deeply engrained that they are ignoring all the red flags and problems.  They aren’t even giving the felons a chance to breathe, savor freedom and adjust to their new reality. Mary, Andrea, and Johanna are the three that I’m calling out. They are so focused on their “future” and “wedding” that they can’t see that these men are obviously NOT right for them, and in the case of Dom, Mary is not right for him. 

• Love 4

Those of you who watch 90-Day Fiance are now responsible for me getting hooked on this show as well, since there were so many mentions of it in those threads.  Thanks.  LOL.

My only comment for now is that Angela is probably a "mental health professional" similar to those on Judge Judy and other shows who profess to be "nurses."  She likely works in the cafeteria of a hospital or treatment center focusing on patients with drug or mental issues.  Bit of "puffery" in her job description.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Those of you who watch 90-Day Fiance are now responsible for me getting hooked on this show as well, since there were so many mentions of it in those threads.  Thanks.  LOL.

My only comment for now is that Angela is probably a "mental health professional" similar to those on Judge Judy and other shows who profess to be "nurses."  She likely works in the cafeteria of a hospital or treatment center focusing on patients with drug or mental issues.  Bit of "puffery" in her job description.

I started 90 DF because I was already hooked on this trashy tv show and so many 90 DF fans are in these subs.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

44007377.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I agree!!  It is like when someone says they are a "teacher" but work as an aide in a school or in a daycare.  Do you have a teaching license?  No?  Well well well......Nothing against day care workers and others, but please.....stay in your lane.

13 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I started 90 DF because I was already hooked on this trashy tv show and so many 90 DF fans are in these subs.

You mean like me, lol???

• Love 3
On 1/8/2019 at 8:43 AM, AZChristian said:

Same here, and I recently got a free trial of Philo and saw it amongst their programming so I gave it a try.

I never thought anything could possibly top the entertainment provided by those chucklefucks on Vanderpump Rules, but I think this show just raised the bar.  

Regarding Angela, JMO, but I suspect she's a recovering addict and is one of the addicts who provide counseling to other addicts.  I don't believe any kind of formal degree is required, just life experience and being able to relate to other addicts who are struggling. 

That being said, I can't wait to see how her relationship with Mr. Not-At-The-Train-Station plays out.  

Thanks to all my fellow PTV posters who brought this little gem to our attention in the 90DF threads!  

Speaking of which, I see Philo has the current season of 90DF, too....Time to catch up on that mess, too!

• Love 2