Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Groomzilla

• Start Topic

UGH! Just watching this now. There is no doubt in my mind that Tony is possibly some kind of abusive. Pushy. Thinks his jokes don't show the nastiness-but they do. They are not funny. They are meant to hurt. Not liking this guy at all. She's nuts marrying him. What the heck was the rush? Something is odd here. They allowed her to quit school to go work in a pawn shop in another town. Could she have known him? As in had contact w/ him on social media or something? Just makes no sense. None of it.

Ok, the Browns are not known for their elegance-we get it. But this? It's over the top tacky and low brow. The main course was taco's? I guess I missed the part where that was going to be the main course. I thought the little tacos were a side or an appetizer. DUH. Nothing wrong with tacos. We went through a taco fever time when the kids were teenagers and all their friends would show up. Tasty. Did the trick but...it was excessive here, pushed with the number 10 and seemed contrived. 7 cakes or however the heck many they ended up having? WTH? Since I think TLC paid for this they got off easy. Super easy. Even with 400 people which I think is ridiculous in itself. Just nuts. I know, I know. I'm being MEAN. I just get a vibe from Tony that screams schemer, control freak, possible isolationist. His remarks about tampons and push up bras were kind of dirty & he knew it. Not the kind of remarks you make to women-especially women who would be your mothers-in-law.   If Mykelti wanted to get married this desperately, she has mental health issues that are BIG.This English woman thing I think has something to do with referring to Americans as Anglo? It was a term used in historical novels in the past. I remember this for some insane reason. And Tony says it over and over. And the Browns say Mexcian over and over. Kind of offensive for some I would think. Didn't feel good to me. 

Mary is for sure leaving that family and I'm almost convinced they all knew it and are all for it. This wraps it all up fairly neatly as opposed to a messy break up that leaves them all looking like fools. Seems polygamy didn't work for this crew. Mary doesn't think those other kids are as much hers as they used to push in the earlier seasons. Her own daughter treats her like garbage. She and Kody have been over for years. Why stay? I could be wrong but I don't think I'm far off the mark.

They needed the season to be fast so they could pay for Mykelti's wedding is what I'm thinking so they started shooting again as soon as Maddie got married or close to it. Everybody knew what was going on. Everybody.

Nothing they do surprises me. At first I was thinking Mary should get that house and beat feet out of there but now I'm thinking they were all in on it and the begging and giggling while asking for it was all a bad acting moment. I feel sorry for these kids. It almost has nothing to do with polygamy at this point, but how terrible this parental unit really is. These people are not cool at all. 

• Love 7

Hi guys, I apologize again for the interruption, but my DVR says I'm only 1/3 of the way through the episode so I guess it was good to break up a giant wall o' text.  I'll try to keep this even more succinct.

Meri's family had just rolled up to the B&B and they don't know that Meri plans to purchase it.  Meri voiceovers that the business is not important to her - the home is important to her.  (And then she wonders why Kody thinks she's emotional instead of logical!)  She has wanted the home back in her family for 20 years.  She hopes that her sister wives see the potential and why this is a good idea...again, after admitting that the business side is not her priority.  Vickie, the B&B owner, welcomes Meri and the entourage in.  Meri's sister Elaine looks just like Mariah.  Meri starts to cry as she announces that she's been talking to Vickie about buying the house.  Her mom also becomes emotional.  On the couch, the other three wives comment that this gives Meri a passion and a purpose.  Again, Meri voiceovers that she wants the sister wives to not be critical or, "poop on my party with logic."  

Meri's mom, Bonnie, starts sharing stories about the house.  Apparently one room was the telegraph room.  Meri says that the B&B is only allowed to rent four rooms.  On the couch, Christine wonders if that will make money.  Back in the house, there's apparently a ghost in period dress that likes to sit in an incredibly dirty chair.  Janelle thinks this would be a major marketing draw.  Around back, there's a large shed that Meri wants to fix up to live in when she comes up to visit.  She emphasizes that she is not leaving Las Vegas.  On the couch the wives worry that this project will eventually take Meri away from the family more than Meri claims it will.  

The sister wives sit down outside so that Meri can get their thoughts on the B&B.  Janelle notes that it makes Meri sparkle, and that it would be good for Meri's mental health after a rough couple of years.  Business totally aside, Janelle would buy the house just for the family to have fun with.  Meri reads my mind when she responds, "That's weird.  Janelle said that?"  Back on the patio, Janelle says that she has worries about setting up a business in Utah since they're polygamists and it's a small, conservative town.  Robyn believes the state of Utah could seize the house.  Christine raises a concern about the B&B being 4 hours from Vegas and that Meri already hasn't been very involved in the family.  Robyn says that Meri shows up late, leaves early, and is on her phone the whole time.  Christine adds that even their teenage boys have commented that Meri isn't involved enough.  Meri counters that she'd rather be less involved and have something that makes her happy.  (Cuz you can't spell Meri without M-E.)  She voiceovers that they've had conversations about being more involved, but she is an empty nester now and is NOT going to go over to the other wives' houses to take care of their kids.  Janelle comments that at events Meri sits in the back and doesn't engage, so maybe the B&B would make her more vibrant.  But, Robyn worries, would Meri's heart then be in Parowan?  Meri voiceovers that she could see things going either way based on whether they all engage in her and her passions.  The conversation continues in this vein a while longer.  If anyone ever plans to write a thesis on the dysfunction of polygamy, or of these individuals in particular, this segment would be a great place to start.

And now for something completely different, we're on our way to a food tasting at the country club in St. George.  I have been misspelling Taunya's name, and for that I apologize.  She leads the group to a large table where Tony claims the random chair that Mykelti had been about to pull out for herself.  He shows off his wedding ring which he is already wearing.  He voiceovers that he wants to show that he's taken.  I'm sure the ladies of the world are mourning as we speak.  The group starts with chips with salsa and guac, with ensuing conversation about spiciness.  Then the tacos are presented, which the club had to add to their menu specifically for the wedding of the Entitlement Twins.  Everybody likes them and Tony asks for seconds.  The club will prepare 3 tacos per guest.  There is angst over the difference between 3 and 10, and if the guests will have enough food.  In addition to the chips and tacos, there will be a hot cocoa bar, soda bar, and cake.  If you guessed that Tony is already steamrolling the cake plans, then you would be right.  Janelle of all people sticks up for Mykelti's wishes in the cake department.  Seriously, Tony, if I wanted to watch a prissy little queen I'd flip over to my recording of Victoria.

Now on to the cake tasting.  Christine again introduces herself as, "Mykelti's mom."  This store doesn't make big wedding cakes, so they're going to have a cake buffet with smaller cakes in different flavors.  Tony and Mykelti want a big chess king and queen made out of cake...to match the pinatas I guess?  Apparently Tony's good at chess.  But they won't be sliced at cake cutting time, they'll be shoved into each other's faces.  Mykelti is not down with this idea and I'm just super sad for her always capitulating to this oaf.  Red velvet, cookie dough, salted caramel, German chocolate, mocha, and carrot samples come out.  Tony requests a dos leches cake.  They can choose six flavors in all, and Kody is a big vocal fan of the mocha.  The wives and Mykelti both voiceover that Mykelti has chosen a fiancee who's just as opinionated as her dad.  

Only 27 minutes left, guys!  *deep breath*  Back at Christine's house, which has Day of The Dead decorations everywhere, Christine tells us that the wives will be lip syncing I Will Survive at Mykelti's bridal shower.  Uh, ok, I guess it could be worse...like Voices Carry?  Aspyn requested the lip sync performance, and it's practice time.  Flashback to Mariah and Aspyn's graduation flash mob, and Maddie's graduation skit.  Janelle still has performance anxiety when it comes to these embarrassing displays.  Christine has ugly disco costumes for everybody that are several sizes too small.  They work on the choreography, and work, and work.  What impresses me most is that the show got the rights to actually play I Will Survive.

Speaking of Madison, remember her?  Kody tells us that Maddie and Caleb are flying into town and he doesn't know why.  Janelle comments that she hardly hears from Maddie now that school has started.  Apparently they go the University of Wyoming.  The Brown-Brushes arrive at the house and tell Kody and Janelle that they have bad news and good news.  A thank you present comes first, however.  It's a pacifier.  Kody and Janelle catch on right away, are very excited, and Kody instantly makes an allusion to sex.  "I just had a baby myself!" he exclaims.  Maddie spells out that the bad news was that the family will have another spring birthday to squeeze in, and the good news is that Kody and Janelle will be grandparents.  Caleb voiceovers that he was shocked when Maddie told him she was pregnant, but it's something he has wanted for a long time.  Maddie worries how to tell the family without stealing Mykelti's thunder.  Kody says that this will be the hardest secret to keep.  Janelle encourages them to hold off on the pregnancy announcement until around the three month mark.  Kody suggests that they announce it when Maddie comes home for her birthday on November 1, so they'll all have to keep their mouths shut for six weeks.  Kody says that he might have to have one more kid just to have one after Maddie.  Maddie voiceovers that she pretty much predicted to Caleb that Kody would say that.   She always has had him pegged.  Oh, and ick.  

Can Kody and Janelle keep the secret?  How will the rest of the family respond to the news?  I'm sure we'll all be on pins and needles until next Sunday! 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I somewhat admired Robyn's ambition.  She couldn't be present at the cake tasting, so she arranged for her son and cousin/niece(?) to be present.  Why did Dayton need to be there?  Was Aspyn even present?

That wasn't Dayton, that was Tony's best man. The other girl that was there was Tony's sister.  I don't believe Aspyn was there.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, gunderda said:

I actually can not wait for this wedding to be show on tv.  I want to see them running out of food after seeing 400 people pig out on more than 3 REGULAR tacos.  I want to see this hot mess of a mexican/vintage wedding  with a cake buffet (which I actually loved that idea) and chess piece cakes randomly thrown in because Tony likes chess. 

And good for the venue saying 4000 tacos could work, getting that contract signed and then say "welll.... instead we're going to give you 3 regular sized tacos" - I bet when that planner went and talked to their head chef about making thousands of street tacos he smacked her upside the head.   However as an attendee to this wedding... I would have been super pissed off with spicy guacamole.  Guacamole was probably the most expensive part of that meal. 

I dunno... I think it's smart.... get the money, put the house in your name and then run away lol 

But I'm willing to be her whole "this is a family financial situation" is just a storyline.  Meri should have plenty of money from the show to do this on her own. We know these other families probably don't have much of a savings with these houses. 

My understanding is that Kody controls all of the TLC money in a “Brown Family” fund and doles it out to the wives. So Meri may not have access to money to do the B&B without approval. 

12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Janelle's upset over Tony over riding Mykelti's cake desires was very telling. For a moment Janelle let her real feelings be known about what she is seeing with Tony's behavior which is that he is overbearing with Mykelti and it is a problem and it pissed Janelle off. Then when she realized the other wives weren't on board with what she was saying, she recanted. That was sad. Why are they so afraid of Tony and why is Christine falling all over herself trying to make that fat buffon happy? 

Also, his repeated "It's a white people thing" is getting on my nerves. Does he think he's above everyone else because he's from a different culture and the Brown's are low life because they are common "white people" that don't understand what street taco's are? I can't stand his pompous ass. Yeah, I know, the Browns really are low life but it's not because they are white, Tony!   

The “white people” comments bothered me, too. How is it okay to say that to your future in- laws? The guy has no tact. 

Tony is so ignorant—doesn’t he know that chocolate was consumed by the Aztecs? A chocolate cake would be completely appropriate at his wedding.

As an aside, my cousin married a woman from Mexico City. She is very charming, polite, and impeccably well-groomed. I guess those aspects of “Mexican culture” missed Tony?

• Love 17
4 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

She had a black shirt on underneath the disco outfit at the practice, and I agree that she was going to need something under there.

Nachos. Which makes me wonder, did he have a flashback at the wedding with all the chips and salsa around?

Omg. I cannot believe I had not seen this nacho clip, though I had heard about it. It is so much worse to watch. What a total dick. I cannot imagine what those comments did to Christine's self esteem. To hear your husband say he was not attracted to you AT ALL. WOW!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, cereality said:

Christine tweeted out yes - they did run out. Along with the gratuitous compliment to the douchy son in law - they did 4 tacos per person when he said 10 and they should’ve listened to him.

That's insane.  Those were not small tacos.  I'd think TWO per person.  They did FOUR and still ran out?  No wonder everyone on this show is huge.  Jesus.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Adiba said:

The “white people” comments bothered me, too. How is it okay to say that to your future in- laws? The guy has no tact. 

Tony is so ignorant—doesn’t he know that chocolate was consumed by the Aztecs? A chocolate cake would be completely appropriate at his wedding.

As an aside, my cousin married a woman from Mexico City. She is very charming, polite, and impeccably well-groomed. I guess those aspects of “Mexican culture” missed Tony?

THIS! We moved back to CT from MD and we left behind many friends, sadly. One of my dearest is from Mexico, married to an American who is of English/German heritage. She is an artist who has shows all over DC, is a good friend, great mother, petite and attractive and dragged me to Saks to shop! Now that I'm thinking about her I'm getting kind of pissed at Tony for the stupid game he is playing which is giving people who would enjoy painting Mexicans with a broad brush a la Tony. I was worried a bit about how I was really disliking this guy. I mean my reaction is really that I am repulsed but not because he's heavy. I see it now. There's something super wrong here. He has major issues.

• Love 10

I know people of various Hispanic cultures but not any who are ethnically Mexican -- from what I can surmise, it is a "traditional" culture. Meaning a man would NOT be commenting on, let alone choosing a woman's dress, talking about A-line dresses or pushup bras or tampons, nor would he have ANY idea re how a woman does her hair for a wedding. And no bride would be worried about -- oh but if he doesn't approve my dress upfront and then doesn't like it at the wedding, he'll tell me he doesn't like it and it'll ruin my day. Uh -- most dudes-- Mexican or not -- and esp. dudes who are not "active" before the wedding are hardly looking at the lacy details of the dress or the neckline as she walks down the aisle. They are 99.99% likely to be thinking -- OMG she is going to be MY wife in about 5 minutes and OMG tonight . . . she's going to let me hit it, finally . . . .  Janelle pretty much said as much about Caleb when she was kind of rolling her eyes at the dress shop as he was talking about the sparkles on the dress/emphasizing the boobs etc. and Janelle goes -- I don't think Caleb had ANY idea about Maddie's dress at all. Um -- yeah bc he's a normal man.

• Love 9

I doubt he will find anyone else who is willing.

Never underestimate the basement level standards of fame whores wannabes who envision themselves as reality TV stars especially if they can get private tutoring in the Art of Grifting.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

I would have been sure Kody wouldn’t find four either so it’s possible FT might find another

They.would.have.to.go.to.bed.with.him.    At least Kody won't flatten you like a pancake.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

The cake buffet. I like the idea, but unless you station a server next to the table to cut and serve the cake, can you imagine how gross the table is going to look after 50 people have hacked off peices, must less 400? Dessert buffets get really messy, really fast. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I'm sure FT could find a woman just as damaged as his first wife somewhere. I mean who thought Kody could have found a 4th?

Lets run through his options. He could convert an LDS girl (yeah right). That's not happening, so let's move on to the plyg girls. 

Short Creek is nearby, and home to a few polygamous groups (FLDS/C-Park/etc). But they tend to be rather insular. Fat Tony is neither attractive enough nor charming enough to pull a polygamous gal away from one of those groups.

Now he could always convert to Kody's Church (AUB). The problem with that is that their southern Utah chapter is based out of Cedar City (where Robyn came from) instead of St George. Cedar is about 50 miles north of St George. Up near Meri's Bed and Breakfast. Fat Tony is lazy. He's not courting a girl that lives that far away. 

His best bet would be one of Mykelti's sisters. So let's run through them. 

The adult sisters (Mariah, Madison and Aspyn) are all in serious relationships. And even if they weren't, they are all out of his league.  And Mariah is a lesbian. So they are all out of the question.

So let's move onto the teenage sisters, who will soon be old enough to consider. Gwendolyn, Ysabel and Aurora are all going to be way, way out of his league. Breanna probably will be too, although it is far too early to tell at this point. So that leaves poor Savannah. At this point it appears as though she will grow up to look more like Janelle than Madison. So she would be the most likely candidate imo, if Fat Tony is ever going to become a plyg. The problem there is that she has (at least) three older full brothers that could all kick his butt. 

So as much as he might want it to happen, I don't see it happening. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

That wasn't Dayton, that was Tony's best man. The other girl that was there was Tony's sister.  I don't believe Aspyn was there.

The guy was polite and well mannered.  Tony's friend is nothing like him.  I wonder if he was a hire out.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Never underestimate the basement level standards of fame whores wannabes who envision themselves as reality TV stars especially if they can get private tutoring in the Art of Grifting.

Strong enough to control the gag reflex?  I'm not speaking of his physical appearance.

46 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Hell, Meri,,, You and the Codster are already divorced... Just go do your thing and forget about it! Split up the  $$$ from the show and G-O!

But did they have a separation of assets?  Didn't Cody insist his name be on Meri's house?  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I would never marry anyone who would smash cake into my face at our reception.

Yep, let alone one that would want to smash a life size piñata of me at the wedding!

13 hours ago, MV713 said:

I love to beat a life sized Tony piñata!

Now this I would love to do!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Fat Tony’s insistence on having a say in what Mykelti wears and how she does her hair is actually a red flag for an over controlling spouse. 

Very true.  While her mother is more the obsequious type despite what she thinks of herself, Mykelti is more the type to rebel against that controlling behavior in time when she matures and gets tired of it.  A douche like FT will only get worse, not better with age.  Mykelti is all enamored of it now because he reminds her of her father, but FT is 100x more controlling than Kodouche ever was and will be omnipresent in her business 24/7 unlike her father!  I predict major sparks in this relationship in the future, and not the good kind!

• Love 10
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The guy was polite and well mannered.  Tony's friend is nothing like him.  I wonder if he was a hire out.

I was surprised that his best man, mother, and sister said not ONE word at the cake or food tasting. Maybe they weren’t comfortable on camera or were told not to speak or maybe the mom isn’t comfortable enough in English. But most moms/sisters and even best men, if the guy is acting like a douche and going on and on about smashing cake and the bride is clearly saying no - would intervene to take the brides side. His mom or sister could easily have said - no it is NOT Mexican tradition for the man to ruin his woman’s hair and makeup which will take hours . . . .

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Maybe they are setting the stage for Meri to exit .

How much work is it for two adult women to run a 4 room inn that doesn't even provide meals or a wine and cheese hour?  Most of those places don't even change the linen daily. And with nothing to do or see in the town, guests would probably be gone all day.  If somebody's mom (can't remember which one) is going to be there full time, what would Meri even do? Especially without an audience to view her theatrics.

• Love 7

I've removed the racism discussion, as it tends to get very political very quickly. Let's not talk about whether Tony is racist or not unless it's a direct conversation had on the show in a future episode, please.

• Love 3

Now that the first wave of children are adults and the second wave of children have become teenagers, I'd like to see some episodes that focus on them in the same manner that we saw episodes about the adult children when they were teenagers. 

Logan, Aspyn, Mariah, Madison, Mykelti, Hunter, Paedon and Garrison have launched. Let them fade into the background. 

Dayton, Gabe, Gwendolyn, Aurora, Ysabel, Savannah and Breanna should move into the forefront. 

• Love 1

The 5 individual wedding cakes were utter nonsense and a blatant disregard for the budget.  I have made wedding cakes for 3 of my grand daughters and I can state that the expense is not in the ingredients for the batter and frosting so much as the time factor in assembling and decorating.  I would venture a guess that the 5 cakes of different flavors would cost as much as 4 full size tiered cakes.  They could easily have made a 3 tier cake, with different flavors in each of the layers, each tier could have had 3 layers, giving them a choice of up to 9 flavors or duplicating the most popular ones.  That way, Mykelti could have had her choice of German Chocolate for at least part of the cake.  But no. The Browns. And maybe TLC money.

Had I been Mykelti and had the aversion she did to a smash cake in the face, I just may have arranged with the cake shop to decorate an actual chess piece, maybe Mexican onyx to use as my Queen, to checkmate Tony in his early stages of control.

• Love 12

I'm no Taco expert but I've been to the Southwest and have had real Mexican food and those tacos did not look very good much less authentic.  They were in HUGE flour tortillas and the some of the meat was cut in large bulbous cubes that looked like they were steamed in a frying pan.  Ugh.  There was little if any sauce and the presentation was as dull as dishwater.  They say you eat with your eyes and even I've made better looking tacos than that!  I was actually surprised that FT liked them!

It sounded to me like they were only having the tacos other than the cake buffet so if that's the case, 3 of of them is inadequate wedding fare even if the tacos are big.  There should be some side dishes like salads, beans and rice and an appetizer course beforehand.  Weddings usually over feed people and give more choices than just tacos.  I just watched a Texas episode of "Four Weddings" where all the couples had tacos with all kinds of side dishes and appetizers to go along with them.  I think that FT and Mykelti are trying to get away cheap and still have their 400+ guests rather than cut down on the guest list and offer a decent meal to the guests.

• Love 9
On 1/14/2018 at 5:27 PM, greekmom said:

Fatter Tony is a fat fucking ass. What groom gives a crap about how the bride's hair looks?  A controlling narcissistic a-hole.

I kinda love this statement!

On 1/14/2018 at 6:00 PM, tabloidlover said:

Meri is the most selfish person I have EVER watched on a reality show.   And that is saying something....

Yes indeed.  I am more interested in the ghost at the B&B than them running it.

On 1/14/2018 at 6:06 PM, SuzyLee said:

His. Hair.  He had the audacity to criticize and micromanage every single aspect of her appearance in the wedding and THAT is how he showed up?!  I have no words.

He almost makes one recoil in horror.  It isn't just about his looks, however, I will say for someone so, um, unkempt, he is AWFULLY opinionated, his personality is repellent!  Way too controlling and Mykelti is too stupid to realize it. 

• Love 9
On 1/14/2018 at 6:26 PM, ginger90 said:

Mykelti doesn’t tweet or anything very much but I saw this on her Instagram, had to share lol !

Considering how overweight and unhealthful looking they both are (at a young age) she isn't going to have to wait long for them to be 'old' together.   Especially if he keeps thinking a meal is 10 tacos.  

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I married this inclreadible man a year ago yesterday and it has been the best year of my entire life. I couldn't have wished for anything better because you are the best man and person I have ever know. Thank for this past year and for the rest of the years of my life. I can't wait to grow old with you.                     <~~~~~    My fingers are just itching to fix all of grammar issues, etc.    Well at least he's the best person she's ever know.  Thank for telling us.  lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/14/2018 at 10:34 PM, cereality said:

Christine tweeted out yes - they did run out. Along with the gratuitous compliment to the douchy son in law - they did 4 tacos per person when he said 10 and they should’ve listened to him.

OR they could have told that fucking waste of skin that it wasn't their responsibility to make sure everyone was full and if their appetite was larger they could hit up Jack in the Box and get 500 more tacos for $250 on the way home.  Apparently everyone attending was really uncouth and entitled.  

• Love 5
On 1/14/2018 at 11:32 PM, Desert Rat said:

This for me was a very sad moment in the show. How awful for Mykelti to be disrespected and dismissed in such a public way by her new husband.  This isn't a situation of a guy being dumb and insensitive. No, Tony has decided to deliberately disregard her right not to have cake smashed in her face on her wedding day. She is bending over backward to accommodate FT's preferences, cake, dress, hairstyle, but FT can't give her this one request. FT, smashing cake in your bride's face after she has repeatedly told you not to, is not just "tacky", it is demeaning, disrepectful, and abusive. I'm a little fearful for Mykelti in this marriage.  

To me, this would have been a very explosive fight.  She spent money on hair and makeup, a nice dress and no fucking way should she have greasy frosting schmeared all over it UNLESS she agreed.  A good husband respects his intended/wife.  If I said no and he did it anyway, I would have walked out and FT would be spending his wedding night with his hand.  Yes, I AM a little feisty!

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I don't think that's really Tony.  He doesn't appear to have enough testosterone to grow that much facial hair.

Plus that guy isn't as fat.  And speaking of that facial hair - looking at that wedding photo - ewwwwwww!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Cherrio said:

What about beating the bride and groom pinata's?   That was disturbing to me, not funny at all.

As the brides parent(s) I would of said NO.  Not going to happen, ever.

In real life I would of told FT that he was not going to marry my daughter on my dime with his grandiose tasteless demands, not to mention having a stern talk with Mykelti about making a huge mistake.

Let her make this mistake at a court house.

After watching this show, I REALLY wanted those pinatas!

• Love 2
On 1/15/2018 at 9:16 AM, bichonblitz said:

Oh, damn. Previews show Maddy and baseball cap moving back in to Janelle's house? I had such high hopes for baseball cap, I really thought he was going to be a decent and independent guy. So they can't afford to live on their own because Maddie is/was pregnant? Uggghh. Don't either one of them work or did they just go to school with no outside income? That's what they need, another 3 mouths to feed over at Janelle's. Oh, well, I guess we will learn more about this mess next week. 

My theory is that the producers watched all the footage of FT and realized that if they continue to focus on this jackhole there wouldn’t be any viewers left by the end of the season. They bribed Maddy and Caleb to come back so there’d be one SIL who doesn’t make people’s skin crawl.  And it didn’t take much convincing because work is like, hard. 

• Love 12

I'm really hoping we are seeing the last of Tony and he will fade into the background. Not so much a fan of any of the Brown girl's choices so far. I never understand the bride wearing a lovely dress and the groom wearing jeans and a tee shirt-the guy can't suck it up for one day? Disgust.

I don't have a problem with Meri and the B&B. I don't get why Meri is called the most selfish person on earth for wanting something for herself. Why is Robyn not selfish for her jewelry? Janelle with her Strive? Christine expecting everyone to drop everything for her daughter's wedding? We all want things in life and sorry, I don't think Meri needs to do penance for the rest of her life because she had one child. Even if she did want to watch Robyn's kids: Robyn doesn't really work and has her niece living with them as a babysitting. Christine has only one child not in school and she doesn't work either. Janelle doesn't really work either and has no small children not in school. What could Meri really do-scrub their floors? Why should she?

Christine seems to me as manic as ever, and as much as everyone loves her and thinks she is beautiful, I couldn't stand to be around her for very long. I think she has some kind of manic disorder and the other wives have learned to steer clear of that. Janelle is on the other end of this and appears to be depressed most of the time. I wonder why her Strive business isn't making her happier. On another note: Why are Maddie and Caleb moving back into Janelle's house? Is he incapable of working? I can't believe all of these extra people are on the TLC payroll. 

• Love 6