Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/15/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

MON JAN 15:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 82 • NEW   Honoring Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday; guest co-host Jordin Sparks; Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.); actor Common; Charlottesville, Va., Mayor Nikuyah Walker.

TUE JAN 16:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 83 • NEW Guest co-host Rob Riggle; hot items at affordable prices.

WED JAN 17:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 84 • NEW  Guest co-host Alicia Menendez; TV personality Jeremiah Brent redesigns Joy Behar and Meghan McCain's dressing rooms.

THU JAN 18:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 85 • NEW Guest co-host Yvette Nicole Brown; TV host Nick Cannon.

FRI JAN 19:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 86 • NEW Guest co-host Yvette Nicole Brown; actress Catherine Zeta-Jones.

We need John Lewis and Common to come on every show because it has kept MM mercifully quiet.  And what 33 year old references their parents as much as she does???  I mean couldn't she have shared the Arizona peoples' love of Jordin without mentioning her parents?!  Sheesh.

Edited by jalady
  • Love 20
22 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

MM didn't ask him a single question during the segment. I don't even think she said anything.

Best to remain quiet and be thought a fool than say something and confirm you are a fool.

• Love 23
39 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

MM didn't ask him a single question during the segment. I don't even think she said anything.

Yea, I did think that was interesting, how quiet MM was....I did notice John Lewis shook her hand at the end

John Lewis is such an amazing man!  He speaks in such a calm voice, and considering everything he went thru in his life.  And enjoyed Common.  And found the interviews with folks about what MLK Day means, very emotional.

• Love 13
On 1/13/2018 at 10:33 AM, Medicine Crow said:

Woo Hoo ... Yvette Nicole Brown ... luuuuv her!!!

YES!  Me too! And we get her for 2 days. 

1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

I love Common, I've always had a big crush on him.

Super excited for John Lewis as well. 

I have have always had a crush on him, too.  :)

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

John Lewis is a national treasure and he elevated today's show with his intelligence, wisdom and warmth.   I was verklempt throughout his segment on the show.  He went from the child of sharecroppers, who walked with Dr. King, to become a member of a congress.   If that is not the embodiment of the American dream, then, I don't know what is..

Megan knew not to keep her mouth shut.  She did us all a solid and remained invisible during the time that John Lewis was there.  

Fixed that for you.  Yes, John is a treasure.  

• Love 5

Whoopi's hair looks good today. I like seeing the gray sides.  The dreads have created bald spots so it is difficult to style.  That must be upsetting for her.  She cannot just get rid of them and go natural or clipper it short.  I think those are fake dreads attached to very short hair for the most part.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Wings said:

Whoopi's hair looks good today. I like seeing the gray sides.  The dreads have created bald spots so it is difficult to style.  That must be upsetting for her.  She cannot just get rid of them and go natural or clipper it short.  I think those are fake dreads attached to very short hair for the most part.  

I noticed her hair today. It looked very strange imo...you could see the bald spots.

Meg was respectful today, without clamouring all over Williams.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I noticed her hair today. It looked very strange imo...you could see the bald spots.

Meg was respectful today, without clamouring all over Williams.

Some older females have thinning hair. Gees.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 11

From the Internet...several sources give the same info:   Traction alopecia is a form of hair loss that’s caused by force being applied to the roots of the hair. The hair weakens over time and can either snap off or be pulled out and usually affects the hair around the temples or behind the ears, however, dreadlocks can damage the crown and sides of the head as well.   At its worst, traction alopecia can cause scarring and permanent damage to the hair follicles, resulting in bald patches where the hair never grows back. 

Edited by Former Nun
bolding
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Some older females have thinning hair. Gees.

Yes, I know. But in her case, the dreads don't help. My hairdresser had to take hers out, Whoopi hasn't given her poor head a break from them

20 minutes ago, nokat said:

Meghan, you're so pretty, don't let stylists do that white line around your eyes. You don't need heavy make up, you have gorgeous skin.

She really does. I thought she looked very pretty today..

2 hours ago, ari333 said:

So glad MM knew to keep,  mostly, her yap shut today.

The best part is that since she was silent, the camera very rarely panned to her and it was easy to forget she even exists. Which made the show even better!

Forgot to say earlier, but Jordin looked fabulous. I imagine there'll be more former Idol contestants as guests on The View in the coming weeks as a sideways advertisement for ABC's Idol reboot.

• Love 17

I'm glad they were respectful to John Lewis. We saw him at an event and were honored to shake his hand. He is very gracious and both Mr lookeyloo and I got quite emotional. We thanked him for everything. We walked away blubbering. 

• Love 22

Wowzers!!! Atlantaloves ....you are so lucky, and/or blessed to aee John Lewis any time and so casually!  And hugs????

OMG, you win at " Brushes with Greatness"...remember that bit...was it Letterman, Leno, or Carson????  I really don't remember. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Yes, I know. But in her case, the dreads don't help. My hairdresser had to take hers out, Whoopi hasn't given her poor head a break from them

She really does. I thought she looked very pretty today..

You cant take dreads out. Maybe you're thinking of braids. And Whoopi doesnt seem to have traction alopecia. I dont see baldness on the temple area; I see short natural hair. Maybe Im missing something. And the thinning hair in older women is usually caused by blood pressure medication.

• Love 3

Yes, I do get to see Congressman Lewis a lot, one of my best friends was his assistant for many many years until she retired about 5 years ago.   I met her while working for a legal office, she worked for Congressman Lewis'  small Atlanta office which was on our floor.  We've been best buds ever since. She still organizes events for Congressman Lewis even though she doesn't work in his office any more and I get invited to them. He's a loyal friend to her. Let me tell you, he's a Saint. 

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

You cant take dreads out. Maybe you're thinking of braids. And Whoopi doesnt seem to have traction alopecia. I dont see baldness on the temple area; I see short natural hair. Maybe Im missing something. And the thinning hair in older women is usually caused by blood pressure medication.

Its not really important, we all see something different 

2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Maybe its for a role..   that was my first thought

20 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I could listen to John Lewis for hours. That is one impressive man...

He is amazing, and I would love to see them have him on for a full show a couple times a year. He is well-known, but we need to hear his voice more, IMHO, as a counterpoint to all the tomfoolery coming out of the Oval Office.

• Love 14

Meghan looks so much softer and more approachable with her hair down. I wish the hair and make-up people would be creative, the way are with Sunny, with her and not pull it back so often.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Meghan looks so much softer and more approachable with her hair down. I wish the hair and make-up people would be creative, the way are with Sunny, with her and not pull it back so often.

Meghan looks so much better today, although that could be because she was on GMA this morning. She (and Sarah) always look 100x better when they appear on GMA than The View. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Wonder if Joy has the flu?  It's going around, right.

Meghan looks nice today. Her makeup is pretty. And her hair looks different - less white blonde?  Shorter?  But she's nearly breaking down into tears and getting defensive over the #MeToo discussion. Maybe she needs to re-assess her "talks for a living" job. Or at least her job at The View.  And, plus, she needs to stop touching her hair.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, buffynut said:

And, plus, she needs to stop touching her hair.

It's so annoying and distracting. I wonder if it's something she does out of nervousness, in the same way that people bite their nails?

I agree, she looks pretty today.

13 minutes ago, buffynut said:

But she's nearly breaking down into tears and getting defensive over the #MeToo discussion. Maybe she needs to re-assess her "talks for a living" job.

I don't understand how someone who "talks for a living" is on the verge of a mental breakdown just because Sunny mentions that date rape is a real thing. It is, lol! And Sunny wasn't implying that MM thought it wasn't real, at all. *sigh*

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 9

Loved Joy not being there. I don't know who Rob is, but I liked him. Can he replace Joy?( grin)

Non verbal cues, I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. I'm with Whoopi, who makes more sense without Joy being snippy and snarly. Don't go to someone place , and if you do, no means no, so say it! 

I thought Sunny had an Olympic medal on, lol..she wears funny shit.

Meg looked great, and I loved her comment when everyone is arguing about what Trump said, or didnt say, Jesus take the wheel!..

Good for Mark Wahlberg donating his money, just know it will never be enough for some people...smh..

• Love 1