Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/15/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

I was really offended by MM's rude attitude towards Senator Durbin. Grow the fuck up! 

Loved Yvette Nicole Brown. Quick-witted, empathetic - that's the type of host we need on the show. Wouldn't that be great?

'Dreamer....youre nothing but a Dreamer....'   thank you Supertramp!

Well, now we know why Whoopie was asking "why the dirge music" this week--per @TV Diva Queen's recap of her attending the show, the hosts apparently don't hear the emcee/woman who announces what topics will be discussed. And we, the viewers knew it was because they showed us the clip of the Garcias saying good-bye to their dad as he was being deported. Don't know why they can't hear it or be told, hey, this is what's being said before you return to air.

No the dirge music was after the abortion topic.  The audience was told to not clap going into commercial or coming back from commercial.  They played the dirge music and whoopi was like "we not staying on that topic anymore"  paraphrased (can't remember what she went to that was supposedly "lighter".....  

1 minute ago, TV Diva Queen said:

No the dirge music was after the abortion topic.  The audience was told to not clap going into commercial or coming back from commercial.  They played the dirge music and whoopi was like "we not staying on that topic anymore"  paraphrased (can't remember what she went to that was supposedly "lighter".....  

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, the dirge music was after the abortion segment, but when watching, and the show returned, Whoopi didn't know why they were playing the dirge music--and we the viewers watching, saw that the music was playing over the clip of the Garcias.

Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, the dirge music was after the abortion segment, but when watching, and the show returned, Whoopi didn't know why they were playing the dirge music--and we the viewers watching, saw that the music was playing over the clip of the Garcias.

gotcha.....now it makes sense to me too.  thanks :)

On 1/17/2018 at 11:36 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Meghan is so nasty and I disliked the way that she questioned Dick Durbin.  I just want her gone.  She is so unlikable...

Agreed.

There's a way to ask hard-hitting questions without being a snotty bitch.  Time and time again we have seen her being unnecessarily nasty when speaking to a guest.  I'm really surprised that John McCain's daughter was raised to be so spoiled and disrespectful.  (Perhaps I shouldn't put the blame on the parents, but I also have a strong feeling that the teary, sulky, pouty adult Meghan is the result of her being coddled as a child and getting whatever she wanted when her tiny little feelings were hurt and/or she didn't get her way or enough attention.)

On 1/17/2018 at 2:29 PM, ChicagoCita said:

As a kneejerk reaction the minute you meet them in ANY context? Rob Riggle wasn't there as a military member, he was there as a celebrity co-host. And Meghan heard the magic word, "military," and interrupted the flow of conversation to thank him. For all she knows, he got a dishonorable discharge. For all she knows, he was court-martialed. (I'm not implying either, btw.) If she routinely thanked ex-cops, ex-firefighters, security guards, etc., the minute she met them in any context, I would give her a pass on this. But she feels she "has to thank" (her words) any military member, current or past, because she comes from a military family, and that's weird to me. Thank someone who's there in the context of his or her service, and I'm right there with her. But as someone from a military family as well, I think it's just a little presumptive and obsessive of her.

I agree - It is obsessive.  I think she does it to remind us that she comes from a military family.  Just as she never misses an opportunity to remind us that her father is John McCain.  These are the ways she defines herself, and she's determined to keep those things front and center.  In case - heaven forbid, as though it was even a remote possibility - we might forget.  

It certainly seems there's nothing much to MM herself, so she pulls those cards out as often as she can.