Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/15/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

^^^

Question of the year!  She was so rude to him that even though I hate when politicians do this - answer the question they want to answer, instead of what they were asked - I was glad he did it to her.  And then to end with a snotty "With all due respect I know Senator Cotton's heart."  Really?  Because she was contrasting that with Senator Durbin's comment about her father's heart.   So what is she saying?  His heart is pure but her father's isn't?  Silly twit! 

• Love 21
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Meghan is so nasty and I disliked the way that she questioned Dick Durbin.  I just want her gone.  She is so unlikable...

1,000 ❤️s  to that! 

And even I admit her hair looks pretty today.  But the top/blouse/dress is hideous.  She just can't seem to get it all together at once.  Just goes to prove that money can't buy good taste.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, jalady said:

^^^

Question of the year!  She was so rude to him that even though I hate when politicians do this - answer the question they want to answer, instead of what they were asked - I was glad he did it to her.  And then to end with a snotty "With all due respect I know Senator Cotton's heart."  Really?  Because she was contrasting that with Senator Durbin's comment about her father's heart.   So what is she saying?  His heart is pure but her father's isn't?  Silly twit! 

What was she even talking about?  She knows cottons heart and why did she seem more pissed when Durbin mentioned her dad?

She is such a wrong fit on this show.  She can't even laugh along with others about Trump's ridiculous excellent health BS.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, backformore said:

Granted, it's been a while since my dating days, but staying dressed might be a good non-verbal way to communicate that you're not interested.   

Speaking of staying dressed, WHEN are movies and TV shows going to STOP featuring couples (many who have just met) going into one's abode while tearing off each other's clothing.  It's STOOPID!  Now every teenager thinks that's how they have to do it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

g

That's why a lot of people are annoyed and angry about the Aziz Ansari allegations, because this type of story doesn't help the MeToo movement. It just makes people, both men and women, confused at what consent is and whether men should keep checking every five minutes. A bad date, regret, and awkward feelings doesn't mean sexual assault and/or harassment. Even in the story, the lady consented to a lot of stuff and when she verbally said enough he backed off each time and called her a cab home. It's unfortunate, but now that this story is out, there are people bashing Aziz Ansari and likening him to a predator when he isn't. It just really does a disservice to the whole MeToo movement and I wish the hosts talked about it more.

The problem is that if you say anything negative and you're in the public eye, you'll be bashed for victim blaming. A conversation needs to happen, but everyone is afraid.

Right, and as Joy has said in prior shows, sexual assault/abuse/harassment/misconduct occurs on a spectrum.  To equate all cases makes it too easy to dismiss the issue.

1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Speaking of staying dressed, WHEN are movies and TV shows going to STOP featuring couples (many who have just met) going into one's abode while tearing off each other's clothing.  It's STOOPID!  Now every teenager thinks that's how they have to do it.

Yes - tv and movies give the impression that a kiss ALWAYS leads to tearing off clothes and jumping into bed (or the supply room, or a dark alley, etc.)  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 9

The nasty intonation to Meghan's question and comments made her sound exactly like that Homeland Security lady in the Senate hearing (with all the eye rolling). The panel needs Kamala Harris to shut Meghan down too.  

Incudentally, just a minute ago I ordered one of the VYD items-- the bathroom drain thing. For my husband's gross sink.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

It's unfortunate, but now that this story is out, there are people bashing Aziz Ansari and likening him to a predator when he isn't. It just really does a disservice to the whole MeToo movement and I wish the hosts talked about it more.

This is how I feel about Meghan's "good friend" (I've forgotten her name) and Al Franken accuser.

• Love 15

I’ll admit, this segment with Meghan and Joy decorating each other’s dressing rooms is hilarious! Joy and her zingers - “I’ve been here for 20 years and she’s been here for 20 minutes” - so funny!  I wish I could have cocktails with her and laugh all night. I even laughed at some of Meghan’s comments (“I don’t know what that is but I don’t think it should stay here”). Why can’t she be this way during the actual show?

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Meghan is just angry at Dick Durbin for spilling the tea and made her side look bad. She does not care about the spirit of what was said.  

100% accurate.  Meghan dear, if  you are going to continue to be a Republican then you are going to have to get used to this.  

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, backformore said:

I can't finish watching today's show right now, but MM was rude to my senator?  Back off!  Illinois may have its problems but Dick Durbin and Tammy Duckworth are the shining light super stars, as far as I'm concerned. 

Take a shot of vodka, you will need it.  She has no respect.. Dick Durbin was so diplomatic and earnest, in answering, the panel's questions and Megan came at him like he was a liar..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21

If Dick Durbin was the only person in the room to be horrified enough by racist comments made by the freaking president to spill the beans, I support him 100 percent. Don't kill the messenger, listen to his story! He's my senator and I've always liked him. These past few days have made me like him even more. (I understand that Stephen Miller, the almost-human-looking droid, didn't want the bipartisan plan to go forward, so he ensured that oppositional senators crash the meeting to waylay the plan. Thanks, Steve!)

How in the fuck does Meghan know Tom Cotton's heart? She's not mature enough to realize that you can NEVER completely know anyone else's heart. I'm sure her far-right husband gave her talking points.

Sen. Durbin was able to be gracious and move along without ever giving Meghan a second thought, which is exactly the consideration she deserves.

Glad to see Joy back. I was worried after Whoopi's "difficult day" comment.

• Love 23

I thought Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny all did good jobs today with the discussion on the sh*thole comments and DACA, and the interview. The best sign they’ve done a good job is when McCain looks like fire’s about to blow out her ears as they go to commercial break. How rude was she to Dick Durbin? Just wow… The little girl needs to grow up already and act like an adult.

Jeremiah Brent did a pretty fantastic job with Joy’s and Meghan’s rooms. Joy must like marble, since I remember she had a marble countertop in her house (as seen on her TLC show a year or two ago). I most likely would have been like Joy, not caring about how my office looks because I don't live there. I didn’t even know who Brent was when they introduced him, but he made a good impression here.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

If Dick Durbin was the only person in the room to be horrified enough by racist comments made by the freaking president to spill the beans, I support him 100 percent. Don't kill the messenger, listen to his story!

That is it right there.  Meghan is pissed off that the message was made public.  She should be outraged about the message itself and the person who said it, Trump.

6 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

How in the fuck does Meghan know Tom Cotton's heart?

He is one of her "people".

• Love 23
1 minute ago, susieq147 said:

She should be outraged about the message itself and the person who said it, Trump.

The fact that she was upset over Trump’s comments being leaked vs. what he actually said says a lot about her. I’ll take the senator who leaks what was said during a private meeting, especially if it’s outlandish and racist, any day. They work for us. We have a right to know these things.

• Love 24

Loved the question Meghan asked Durbin. I googled what he's said in the past that has been misleading, of course he never did answer Meghan. Rude man!

I love a makeover, and noticed Meghan knew a lot more about Joy ,than she did about Meghan. Same old zingers Joy..and Dynasty shoulder pads Joy, you old fashion plate you! Rofl..weird dolls, she looked like a friggin hoarder..

Jeremiah is great!

By attacking the person who spread the news, Meghan is directly in opposition to her father. Sen. McCain wrote an editorial in the Washington Post yesterday on the vital importance of a free press and urged the President to stop attacking the free flow of information.

• Love 23

Wasn't Meghan spitting mad earlier this week about the shithole* comments?  And about disparaging immigrants?  Why the sudden focus of her anger on the messenger?  And why imply that Durbin is lying when her dear Bastard Uncle has corroborated the story?  Hate to tell you, Meggie, but it wasn't Durbin who torpedoed the DACA deal.  He's not the one who "made things worse."  (Apparently the latest dog whistle is "chain immigration.")

* shithole, shithouse... What's the difference?  Both are disgusting. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 24
11 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

By attacking the person who spread the news, Meghan is directly in opposition to her father. Sen. McCain wrote an editorial in the Washington Post yesterday on the vital importance of a free press and urged the President to stop attacking the free flow of information.

I saw her asking a question, not attacking, surely Durbin is use to being asked a question or two? 

shithole, shithouse... What's the difference?  Both are disgusting. 

I agree, they are. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

That brings me to point 2 -- I had a minor epiphany when she felt that she "had" to thank the guest co-host for his military service. Why, exactly? I don't think she thanks crossing guards or supermarket cashiers for making her life easier, so why the military?  I mean, I have a brother who's kind of an Army superstar, and every single male of age in my family has served, but I don't take it on as my thing. I'm proud of them, sure, but that's their thing, not mine.

And I concluded that she has somehow absorbed the characteristics of the people around her and taken them on as her own. Her father and brother are military, so Meghan believes that is an integral part of her persona.  Her father and her husband are Republicans (at either end of the spectrum), so Meghan defines herself (nearly to the exclusion of anything else) as a Republican. To me, and I stress again it's just my opinion, that explains so much of her teflon dedication to both those things. She's chosen to define her beliefs by osmosis, rather than arriving at them herself. So of course she gets snotty and defensive and tearful when called upon to defend her beliefs, because they are inherited, or borrowed, or leeched. They're not organic beliefs she came up with herself, and that makes defending them more difficult.

I apologize if I am misunderstanding your words, but isn't that what we do: we thank people for their military service; for putting themselves in danger, sacrificing their lives while fighting for our rights as Americans?

I've also seen it where the families of the military soldiers are thanked and honored because they sacrificed their family member. They made-do without a family member at home (most times, the dad). A wife was left alone to run the household, raise the kids. The kids were left without a father during the time he is on a tour of duty.

4 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Staying dressed!  Wow!  What will they think of next?  And, Sunny, if you just want to kiss, I would stay out of his apartment & just kiss at your front door.  Too difficult to make an escape from HIS place.

But whenever i kiss in public people yell, "Get a room!"

just kidding

51 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Meghan McCain was completely dismissive and rude towards Senator Dick Durbin. To add insult to injury, she follows up one of her comments by slurping up her coffee/water/whatever the hell is in that coffee cup. Is she suggesting that everyone should just shut up during meetings with Trump when he says racist shit in order to get things done?! What the hell is wrong with Meghan? 

She was very proud of her comment. Her sip was the equivalent of a mic drop.

14 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Interesting that Sunny's worst nightmare is her son being accused of rape. Doesn't she have a daughter? So being accused of rape is worse than rape? This is why we need to smash the fucking patriarchy. SMDH

she always talks about her son; hardly about her daughter.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I saw her asking a question, not attacking, surely Durbin is use to being asked a question or two? 

Megan was trying to impugn his character, by calling his honesty into question, thereby, dismissing his allegations.  She is a nasty individual.  She prefaced her first question, by saying that he has a history of making misleading statements.  I am so happy that he did not take the bait and remained steadfast in his assertions..

• Love 23
47 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

General Days answered this better than I could, simply by quoting Ms. Disdain.

5 minutes ago, General Days said:

She opened with this: "Um, you have a history of misrepresenting statements from private White House meetings and some say that you've actually done more harm than good to the DACA deal, by revealing what Trump said in his private meeting. Do you think that's true?"

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, General Days said:

I think she stands to do more damage to The View's brand than the momentary high ratings she'll bring in if/when her father (God forbid) passes. She's not only not worth it, she doesn't seem to try to be. 

Nah.  Meghan isn't damaging the View.  She is damaging herself.  She had a somewhat moderate reputation before joining the show.  But after her daily petulance and venomous snark towards anything that is anti-Republican she is looking like a younger blonder Ann Coulter.  Where she goes from here I have no idea.  She has already had a Fox News gig.  She could write a book but other than being John McCain's daughter I don't see what she would write about.  She could always pull an Elisabeth and leave TV to be chief breakfast officer.  But she would needs kids to pull that off.

• Love 10

Interesting that Sunny's worst nightmare is her son being accused of rape. Doesn't she have a daughter? So being accused of rape is worse than rape? This is why we need to smash the fucking patriarchy. SMDH

It's 'Sunny not so bright', regardless of her knowing law.

To be honest, I thought Meghan was verbally trying to puzzle out a path of her own, rather than parroting someone else's opinion, and maybe it came off as defensive, but I give her credit for it.

Me too! Sat with the other nattering hens who say the same thing, it's refreshing. So funny them talking about Trumps doctor, then because he passed, oh the doctor had no choice..lol.. I wonder about his lungs if he were a smoker, doctor would lie then I suppose...hmmm.

35 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan was trying to impugn his character, by calling his honesty into question, thereby, dismissing his allegations.  She is a nasty individual.  She prefaced her first question, by saying that he has a history of making misleading statements.  I am so happy that he did not take the bait and remained steadfast in his assertions..

I believe that she thinks of herself as a hard-hitting newsperson.  She has very little knowledge of current affairs & is, in reality, an idiot.

• Love 19
22 hours ago, NeverLate said:

And people are still not happy! Good Lord. They have the same agent btw, which Sunny and Meghan both agreed, adds an extra layer to all this..

I think thats why Joy was off, it's a big assignment. LOL..

Late posting this..but just cause the stars have the same agent d oesnt mean they will get the same deal.  Michelle has to take some responsibility for not getting equal pay to Marky mark.  Agents will fight if their client directs them to..sometimes.

"Thank you for your service."    I agree with ChicagoCita.   There are plenty of workers who need our thanks.  Americans started thanking the military for their service only after the Vietnam vets were so ill-treated.  Today it's almost  a rote response.   We should ALL be thanking our first responders whenever we see them.   As you go about your days' business, thank everyone who helps you, serves you, and allows you to carry on as usual.  I go out of my way to thank people working nights and holidays.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Michelle has to take some responsibility for not getting equal pay to Marky mark.  Agents will fight if their client directs them to..sometimes.

I would change agents.  But who knows what really went down between her & the agent.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

There was a case of a football player accused of rape and his lawyer said that he had no chance so they plead guilty. After five years in prison, he was found innocent and the girl lied about everything. This, thankfully, isn't the norm, but like Former Nun said being raped is horrible but being accused when you're innocent can land you in jail for a long time. And if you're black, then it will be even longer. Now that non verbal cues have been brought into the discussion, what if someone has a bad date and uses that to convince themselves they were assaulted just like the Aziz accuser said.

Both men and women are going to have an incredibly hard time navigating down this road.

• Love 9
Just now, JAYJAY1979 said:

Late posting this..but just cause the stars have the same agent d oesnt mean they will get the same deal.  Michelle has to take some responsibility for not getting equal pay to Marky mark.  Agents will fight if their client directs them to..sometimes.

They thought( when they were talking ) they had different agents though..( shrug) Mark did the right thing..

Just now, Tanichka said:

I would change agents.  But who knows what really went down between her & the agent.

Me too! Fishy!

Walberg did NOT have a "reshoot" clause in his contract because (I read) he had to take much less than he wanted in the original contract.

All other actors WERE required to reshoot and because of budget limitations, all cast members (directors, etc.) agreed to work for the minimum.

• Love 4

"There was a case of a football player accused of rape and his lawyer said that he had no chance so they plead guilty. After five years in prison, he was found innocent and the girl lied about everything. This, thankfully, isn't the norm, but like Former Nun said being raped is horrible but being accused when you're innocent can land you in jail for a long time. And if you're black, then it will be even longer. Now that non verbal cues have been brought into the discussion, what if someone has a bad date and uses that to convince themselves they were assaulted just like the Aziz accuser said.

Both men and women are going to have an incredibly hard time navigating down this road."

While I agree that a person of color is more likely to be incarcerated and serve a longer sentence, take a look at these rape stats and subsequent punishments. Your story is indeed anecdotal. It is terrible, but it is more likely that a rapist will never face any consequences. So forgive me if I don't spend a lot of time weeping for the menz.

rape statistics.png

• Love 2

Wow, Show pissed me off today.  Starting with Miss Meghan lying about Hillary lying about her health, then actually calling Dick Durbin a serial liar to his face, and then the announcer asking, "Will the Democrats shut down the government over DACA?" as if they are in charge of anything.  Show needs to tone it down.

If they really had to have a Senator's daughter on the show, they could do a lot worse than Alicia Menendez, even if her father is one of the most corrupt politicians around.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:
12 hours ago, backformore said:

Granted, it's been a while since my dating days, but staying dressed might be a good non-verbal way to communicate that you're not interested.   

Yes, yes to both.  AND if non-verbal doesn't seem to be getting thru to your partner, say NO, I'm not feeling this.  I think women are still a little wishy-washy in communicating.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

We should ALL be thanking our first responders whenever we see them.   As you go about your days' business, thank everyone who helps you, serves you, and allows you to carry on as usual.  I go out of my way to thank people working nights and holidays.

It's called common courtesy.  And nowadays it seems to be in short supply.

• Love 3