Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/15/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Ok, so I'm not a huge Timberlake fan, but MM little snide comments about not needing Timberlake to save  her, she'll buy real country albums.  She is just a mean nasty person. She's just unlikable.  So she was excited about what she thought would be his country album , now she knows his message is to  get woke, so, she dislikes him.  It must be hard to live a life in such a defined box. 

And she couldn't even say that Barack Obama was classy. Threw  a fit and dragged  Bill Clinton into it. Grow up.  

She said something along the lines of, "this all started with Clinton." She really is a piece of work, isn't she?

I agree - the Justin Timberlake shade wasn't necessary. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Ok, so I'm not a huge Timberlake fan, but MM little snide comments about not needing Timberlake to save  her, she'll buy real country albums.  She is just a mean nasty person. She's just unlikable.  So she was excited about what she thought would be his country album , now she knows his message is to  get woke, so, she dislikes him.  It must be hard to live a life in such a defined box. 

So Meghan is only going to listen to artists who share her same political beliefs?  Her playlist must be really short.

• Love 16
42 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Joy's little crystal barbell is a knife rest, right?

Merrie wins today!

They were all a little ridiculous with the Timberlake discussion. Talking to himself?  Really?  I think Meghan was more put off by the fact JT was a Hillary supporter than his album not being country enough.

Can Yvette replace Meghan?  Please?  She is such a natural conversationalist. Very affable and great at getting to the heart of the issue. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I had a d&c after my miscarriage..( 1971) I've never heard that used to terminate a pregnancy.I'll have to look that up..

The "C" in D&C is curretage...which is scraping and scooping any tissue in the uterus.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Merrie wins today!

They were all a little ridiculous with the Timberlake discussion. Talking to himself?  Really? I think Meghan was more put off by the fact JT was a Hillary supporter than his album not being country enough.

Can Yvette replace Meghan?  Please?  She is such a natural conversationalist. Very affable and great at getting to the heart of the issue. 

You might be right.  She said the only thing she found was that he supported Hillary. Then got so snarky about him having a platform and he she should use it, if he believes it or however she put it. When just last week she agreed with Whoopi that all celebs don't have to talk about politics because not everyone is made out for that. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Me too and was shouting to get him off the stage.  He was too young to deal with that.  HEART.BREAKING!

Heartbreaking...and we could see it coming.  Someone should have just rushed in and scooped him up before he broke down. Now he'll have the sadness of being without his father and the little jerks at school (yes! they are there) calling him a crybaby for weeping on national TV.  

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

So Meghan is only going to listen to artists who share her same political beliefs?  Her playlist must be really short.

Megatron is such a walking cliché. Of course she has to listen to country music. It's the only real "AMURRRICAN" music! And I thought she snottlily threw out Shooter Jennings as one of those country artists she'd rather listen to, which is interesting, because he was a Bernie supporter. I bet she has no idea about that though. A lot of Republicans like to think those outlaw country artists like Waylon, Willie and Johnny were card-carrying conservatives, but they were and are must more socially conscious like those elite Liberals.

I think after this week, most viewers have had it with Meg.  I also wish YNB could be on the show all the time. I've liked her since Community, especially when I found out she was also a Oncer and CaptainSwan shipper.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, susieq147 said:

That reminded me of Elisabeth turning her back to Kathy Griffin on the couch.  So childish.

Kathy had a lot of fun with her that day. Elizabeth was such a baby.  Kathy poked fun at Baba Wawa as well.. I remember that she got banned several times from the view, for offending their delicate sensibilities. Good times!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
16 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Megatron is such a walking cliché. Of course she has to listen to country music. It's the only real "AMURRRICAN" music! And I thought she snottlily threw out Shooter Jennings as one of those country artists she'd rather listen to, which is interesting, because he was a Bernie supporter. I bet she has no idea about that though. A lot of Republicans like to think those outlaw country artists like Waylon, Willie and Johnny were card-carrying conservatives, but they were and are must more socially conscious like those elite Liberals.

She really is a stereotype isn't she?  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, susieq147 said:

It is so contrived and it is not organic to me.  She is just playing a role, it is why she gets flustered when she is asked to explain her beliefs.  Elizabeth was that way. Jedidiah, love her or hate her, truly believed in what she would say.   It was her manner of delivering her beliefs that was off-putting..

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

I think it's been her mission since day 1 to be a walking, talking stereotype. Meghan said it herself during the segment with her and Joy re-decorating each other's rooms - she's a "cliché." I think she was referring to her style but still, it's rather telling.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think it's been her mission since day 1 to be a walking, talking stereotype. Meghan said it herself during the segment with her and Joy re-decorating each other's rooms - she's a "cliché." I think she was referring to her style but still, it's rather telling.

Exactly. 

Americana and heritage , that's her style  (eye roll).

Edited by imjagain
She said it on the show, I'm not just saying it.
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is so contrived and it is not organic to me.  She is just playing a role, it is why she gets flustered when she is asked to explain her beliefs.

You hit the nail on the head.  She is inauthentic.  She is Meghan McCain, conservative..  Not Meghan McCain person who has conservative beliefs.  Joy is Joy, a comic, a former teacher, a talk show cohost who has liberal beliefs.  Whoopi, Whoopi who is actress, comic, know it all who has liberal beliefs.  The same with Sunny.  The same with Paula.  They are all people who have lives outside their political leanings.   Meghan defines herself by her beliefs and when asked to defend/explain them she seems to be unable to.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, imjagain said:

Exactly. 

Americana and heritage , that's her style  (eye roll).

LOL cringe-worthy. And then they showed the picture of her living room (I believe) with that huge American flag... I mean there's nothing with that but sheesh, it's so cheesy and stereotypical, lol!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

I think this is my biggest issue with MM. I can mostly take the political view from her because, okay, she's decided she's a hardcore republican and that's the role she is determined to play in each of those conversations. Not enjoyable or even very enlightening, but okay, that's her schtick for political conversations. But it's in other more general topics that she really and truly loses me. She just can't achieve anything other then a sharp, nasty tone in what she's saying regardless of the topic. I don't know if it's because she's just so tense? But there are ways to disagree, poke at, be contrary with others on a topic without sounding so darn bitter. 

This example with Timberlake is one. Another that jumped out at me earlier this week was when they were discussing the Aziz situation and Sunny made some comment. Megan jumped in with a comment about having dated more recently then Sunny who's been married for 20 years...and the tone was just so bitterly sharp, for no particular reason. She could have coached it more self-deprecatingly or poked fun at herself at the same time as she reminded Sunny she has more recent dating experience, like "unfortunately I've had to be in the dating scene a lot more then you recently Sunny" laugh at herself "and from my experience..." or something like that. She makes the same point, but doesn't slam the other person.

I just can't figure out why she is projecting so much bitter anger and unhappiness 95% of the time. 

• Love 16

I agreed with Sunny about CZJ   playing a Latina* when there are thousands of very talented Latina actress ( I just had a whole discussion with my sister about this yesterday ). CZJ did a good job side stepping it. I guess the question should be brought to the producers of the movie.

*I don't think sunny pushed the issue hard, because she didn't want to be rude but I picked what she was laying down lol.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t quite know what the correct word to use for Meghan all of a sudden acting like she hasn’t labeled her fuckingassself “As a Republican...As a Conservative...” Since Day One and EVERY.FUCKING.SINGLE.TIME they discuss politics.

Oh, Meghan would say “As a Republican...As a Conservative..." if they were discussing a bottle of shampoo.

• Love 13

I agreed with Sunny about KZJ   playing a Latina when there are thousands of very talented Latina actress ( I just had a whole discussion with my sister about this yesterday ). KZJ did a good job side stepping it. I guess the question should be brought to the producers of the movie.

CZJ is playing a drug queenpin.  I can't imagine any established Latina actress clamoring for a role like that.

• Love 2

I agreed with Sunny about KZJ   playing a Latina when there are thousands of very talented Latina actress ( I just had a whole discussion with my sister about this yesterday ). KZJ did a good job side stepping it. I guess the question should be brought to the producers of the movie.

She definitely side-stepped the remark. She looked kind of caught off guard by Sunny pointing it out. 

• Love 2
Just now, OnTime said:

Oh, Meghan would say “As a Republican...As a Conservative..." if they were discussing a bottle of shampoo.

TRU DAT. Though she didn't say it today, but did say she only listens to artists who are of the same political party as herself, correct? Does that mean she doesn't listen to Clay Aiken? He sure as hell ain't of her party affiliation. What about Dolly Parton?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

CZJ is playing a drug queenpin.  I can't imagine any established Latina actress clamoring for a role like that.

Sorry I wrote K instead C

I disagree, it's a job staring in a movie . 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

I think Meghan was more put off by the fact JT was a Hillary supporter than his album not being country enough.

I never listen to JT, too boy band boring for me.Plus he let Janet Jackson take all the flack on their stupid joke. His weirdo video, neither Joy or Meghan understood. Even Yvette said she thought it was country, not just Meghan.Stick with what you sort of know JT..Btw Meghan said he voted for Clinton was all she found out.. What's wrong with that? They read way too much into a dull video .imnsho

I don't mind them bring up Clinton, Joy mentioned Obama as per, Joy and/Meghan laughed after that though(  something Joy said). Joy keeps flogging that book of hers, sheesh sthu about it! 

I didn't like Megs earrings, Joy's bat sleeve blouse or Yvette's hair! Sunny's hair looks a bloody mess, Paula looked liked she had the flu.

It was a fairly light Friday friendly show, with Sunny saying for the 800th time, she likes to cook!lol!

CZJ,  Meh, she's alright, nothing special..

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Merrie wins today!

They were all a little ridiculous with the Timberlake discussion. Talking to himself?  Really?  I think Meghan was more put off by the fact JT was a Hillary supporter than his album not being country enough.

I think that's what it was, too. As a country listener (among many other things I listen to), I wouldn't have any interest in Timberlake whatever he was singing. I was so here for Yvette's comments on Timberlake and Janet. The fact that he got and is still getting a pass while Janet is still dragged through the mud is a disgrace.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Huh? Why? It's a role, not her real life.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Huh? Why? It's a role, not real life.

And a juicy one at that..Most actors say they love the bad boy/girl roles.  So much fun and outside their normal boxes.  I would love to do it.  All that bad behavior and knowing no consequences! Weeeeeeeeeeee! I bet if the woman had been widely known, there would be more clamor (I think?).  I grew up at that time and didn't know of her. She sounds pretty bad ass, no wonder CZJ got the rights.  Is she still alive?  Hmm better not to spoil.  Look it up if you want to know.  I think what Ms Sugarbaker meant was stereotype casting thing.  Please correct me if Im wrong.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, susieq147 said:

You hit the nail on the head.  She is inauthentic.  She is Meghan McCain, conservative..  Not Meghan McCain person who has conservative beliefs.  Joy is Joy, a comic, a former teacher, a talk show cohost who has liberal beliefs.  Whoopi, Whoopi who is actress, comic, know it all who has liberal beliefs.  The same with Sunny.  The same with Paula.  They are all people who have lives outside their political leanings.   Meghan defines herself by her beliefs and when asked to defend/explain them she seems to be unable to.

This. And it was as clear as day this morning, when they opened with Joy and Yvette having fun and talking like normal people, then cut to Meghan delivering a speech like she's shooting bullets. She speaks in a style fit for a certain kind of show, and daytime talk ain't it.

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is so contrived and it is not organic to me.  She is just playing a role, it is why she gets flustered when she is asked to explain her beliefs.  Elizabeth was that way. Jedidiah, love her or hate her, truly believed in what she would say.   It was her manner of delivering her beliefs that was off-putting..

I'd still say she was the biggest liar of the three.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think that's what it was, too. As a country listener (among many other things I listen to), I wouldn't have any interest in Timberlake whatever he was singing. I was so here for Yvette's comments on Timberlake and Janet. The fact that he got and is still getting a pass while Janet is still dragged through the mud is a disgrace.

Heehee ok who wants to establish the brand new list of....tada!  People we would want to replace MM with!  The name list is getting longer and longer.  And I also concur on Yvette. She would be awesome.  We could put the list in the archives to be amended as necessary.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Paula looks kinda frumpy in comparison.

Pretty sure it's chopstick holder. If I could link I would. someone? Google crystal chopstick holder 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Paula looks kinda frumpy in comparison.

Yes.  I am surprised no one on the cast or crew knew what that was.  

Just now, athousandclowns said:

Prett sure it's chopstick holder. If I could link I would. someone? Google crystal chopstick holder 

No it is a knife rest. I had them as a child.  We never used them, they were something handed down from my grandmother.  

13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

This. And it was as clear as day this morning, when they opened with Joy and Yvette having fun and talking like normal people, then cut to Meghan delivering a speech like she's shooting bullets. She speaks in a style fit for a certain kind of show, and daytime talk ain't it.

She comes across as a 9th grade Civics teacher, to me. 

-----------------

I adore Yvette.  I want to see more of her. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'd still say she was the biggest liar of the three.

Jed was your biggest liar?  IDK, my take is whatever she has to say would never be taken seriously.  That she would always have to come up with 50 corroboraters just to be listened to.  So she started the 'all the people tell me..yada yada yada'.  IDK if its a self worth thing, or along those lines, she needs to shake it off girl.  Get that Italian familia streak going hot!  I miss Jed too.  Add her to the list HAH!

14 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Vintage Knife Rest for formal dinners.  She said she has twelve!

KnifeRest.jpg

Toothpick holder!   Hah not really, knife makes sense

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don't think Janet Jackson has been suffering since Nipplegate. Her career seems to be pretty robust. 

She wrapped up her most recent tour with $15 million in revenue I believe. Not too shabby. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

I don't think Janet Jackson has been suffering since Nipplegate. Her career seems to be pretty robust. 

I don't see that she is either.  Nonsense to bring this up again.  It was staged, a bad idea and everyone has moved on.  

Just now, lexytheblasian said:

She wrapped up her most recent tour with $15 million I believe. Not too shabby. 

See?  There ya go! 

• Love 2

Well I remember someone teaching formal table etiquette and thought you were to rest knife on edge of plate then when done place across plate. Anyway Baccarat is one of many who make crystal chopstick holders. formernun has them thanks , because  I've watched table setting for Downton Abby and missed them. 

What a pleasure to have Yvette one... More please 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

She wrapped up her most recent tour with $15 million in revenue I believe. Not too shabby. 

She's still not as good as Michael was. They tend to tour Japan etc ..she hasn't been here forever..

18 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think $15 million is still pretty good though, especially since she's not a mainstream artist anymore.

18 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think $15 million is still pretty good though, especially since she's not a mainstream artist anymore.

Yeah, she charges a good price thats for sure

3 minutes ago, nokat said:

I love when Joy moderates, and having Yvette and Paula there made me less annoyed with a certain panel member.

Oh whoopi isnt that bad..LOL. j/k..I think Friday is always lighter, regardless of who is moderating. I see Meghan smiling more these days, she's not going anywhere..:)

Edited by NeverLate
3 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Oh whoopi isnt that bad..LOL. j/k..I think Friday is always lighter, regardless of who is moderating. I see Meghan smiling more these days, she's not going anywhere..:)

You never know.  I don't think Betsy, Sherri, Jenny, Nicole or Jed, just to name a few, thought they were going anywhere either.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 8

Rap star Chamillionaire (who is actually pretty much washed up by now) announced that he is willing to support the Garcia family till they can get back on their feet.

He's sort of branched out of rap music, though and is now doing venture capital and other enterprises.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

You never know.  I don't think Betsy, Sherri, Jenny, Nicole or Jed, just to name a few, thought they were going anywhere either.

I knew Jed wasn't staying, it was a feeling. They will run out people willing to sit in that seat soon. Sherri, ugh.mute,mute,mute Nichole  was too smart for this show. I'll guess we will see how long MM lasts..

• Love 1