Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/15/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Did Whoopie just thank Rob Riggle for being there “on a very difficult day”"???  I may have misheard that, but I think that’s what she said.

She did say that. Maybe it was everyone going crazy over a foaming clay wash..( eye roll) 

I always mix up Rob Riggle with Jason Jones so I was confused when he was talking about being a Marine. Wait, isn't he Canadian?  Lol  Interesting that he's playing someone he knows well in the movie  

Missed Joy's input today. Hope she's not ill.  

Did Whoopi say its a difficult day?  I turned it off during the shopping segment.  

• Love 4

I turned it off when they started discussing the co-host's movie, so I missed the end and the "difficult day" comment.  Hope everything is ok with Joy.  And Steve. 

Didn't Whoopi mention at the beginning that Joy wasn't there and she (or they) hoped Joy would be back tomorrow. It didn't seem ominous at the time, but the "difficult day" comment is worrisome. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I turned it off when they started discussing the co-host's movie, so I missed the end and the "difficult day" comment.  Hope everything is ok with Joy.  And Steve. 

Didn't Whoopi mention at the beginning that Joy wasn't there and she (or they) hoped Joy would be back tomorrow. It didn't seem ominous at the time, but the "difficult day" comment is worrisome. 

I agree it does sound more ominous.  I assumed Joy had the flu like a million others, but, “a very difficult day” makes it seem like whatever is going on is much worse.  At least I assume the comment has something to do with Joy.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I agree it does sound more ominous.  I assumed Joy had the flu like a million others, but, “a very difficult day” makes it seem like whatever is going on is much worse.  At least I assume the comment has something to do with Joy.

You all have me worried now so I checked her Twitter and she re-tweeted 27 minutes ago The View's  tweet about the re doing of the dressing rooms. I don't tweet and don't know if someone else handles the account. 

That Robb guy was already scheduled wasn't he?  Guess I'll watch in real time as much as I like to FF. 

So Whoopi said Joy will be back tommorow we think. Since yesterday was taped hopefully she took a long weekend someplace exotic. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Meghan looks so much better today, although that could be because she was on GMA this morning. She (and Sarah) always look 100x better when they appear on GMA than The View. 

Paula too. The hair and makeup artists are obviously better on GMA.

• Love 1

I don’t know; maybe it’s the meds, but I didn’t see Whoopi talking down to Sunny. I actually liked Whoopi today. It was Sunny, the former FEDERAL prosecutor who was talking like a clueless idiot. Why is she even asking the question, let alone to Whoopi, what if a woman just wants to make out...what does consent mean(?!!??) when she should FUCKING know the answers.

And Meghan. Again, justifying, or rather, throwing out disclaimers just in case “people” might think she’s shaming, even though NO ONE at the table said anything of the kind. And why is she acting as if people are accusing her of lying? 

And yeah, date rape does happen but they weren’t talking about date rape. 

Again, only a piece of the story regarding that racist douche, Markey Mark. The reason for the reshoots was because this was a movie Spacey was dropped from, and Michelle said she was willing to do hers for free. And no, Meghan, I don’t think he needs to get a pass on this.

And ONE REASON to see 12 Strong:

32E6853A-32C0-4549-AD0E-804B97852DF8.jpeg

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It was Sunny, the former FEDERAL prosecutor who was talking like a clueless idiot. Why is she even asking the question, let alone to Whoopi, what if a woman just wants to make out...what does consent mean(?!!??) when she should FUCKING know the answers.

Yeah, I agree, Sunny was playing up that coy, clueless girly character again. I was like, really, Sunny?!

10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t know; maybe it’s the meds, but I didn’t see Whoopi talking down to Sunny.

I'll admit, I wasn't paying 100 percent attention today, so I'll have to go back and re-watch some clips. I may have read their faces and responses completely wrong, lol.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Yeah, I agree, Sunny was playing up that coy, clueless girly character again. I was like, really, Sunny?!

Sometimes I wonder just how LONG she was a prosecuter, what her reputation was, and WHY she no longer has the job.  There are so many thing about sex/ramifications she doesn't seem to understand.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Sometimes I wonder just how LONG she was a prosecuter, what her reputation was, and WHY she no longer has the job.  There are so many thing about sex/ramifications she doesn't seem to understand.

I agree, she is so weak on some points..

I don’t know; maybe it’s the meds, but I didn’t see Whoopi talking down to Sunny. I actually liked Whoopi today. It was Sunny, the former FEDERAL prosecutor who was talking like a clueless idiot. Why is she even asking the question, let alone to Whoopi, what if a woman just wants to make out...what does consent mean(?!!??) when she should FUCKING know the answers.

She could leave, other than being the lawyer, she says such stupid things. Whoopi's face when she was talking about girly drinks..LOL

Edited by NeverLate
5 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I wonder the same thing. There isn't much information on the internet about her time as a prosecutor, the cases she's tried, ect. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

It's so annoying and distracting. I wonder if it's something she does out of nervousness, in the same way that people bite their nails?

I agree, she looks pretty today.

I don't understand how someone who "talks for a living" is on the verge of a mental breakdown just because Sunny mentions that date rape is a real thing. It is, lol! And Sunny wasn't implying that MM thought it wasn't real, at all. *sigh*

I didn't understand why MM was so defensive.  I know they didn't go into details about the story, but it seems most people are saying the woman had a bad date and was wrong to jump on the #metoo movement.  As they didn't get into the details,  I'll just say that one of the complaints was that Aziz Ansari only had white wine not red lol. 

I just thought  MM was so Over the top in her defensiveness. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I didn't understand why MM was so defensive.  I know they didn't go into details about the story, but it seems most people are saying the woman had a bad date and was wrong to jump on the #metoo movement.  As they didn't get into the details,  I'll just say that one of the complaints was that Aziz Ansari only had white wine not red lol. 

I just thought  MM was so Over the top in her defensiveness. 

Let me guess......he's a frieeeeeeend, I've known him/her/it for infinity plus one years!!  Lol

• Love 6

Yes, MM was OTT today from the get-go. Such a tough chick - my mommy, my daddy, my brother, I'm more famous than my husband. Grow up and stop crying, stroking your hair - you're 33 and a married woman. 

And WG no longer makes movies?

• Love 13

I'm not faulting Sunny.  I think she asked a relevant question since the definition of "harassment" is getting muddled.  I don't know all the details of the case they were discussing, but it sure sounds fishy.  Where is the line between "I really didn't want to, but did it anyway" and "he pressured me into doing it" when talking about a date?  It's getting out of hand. The Me Too movement is about exposing people in a power position, not a social issue.  And I think Meghan was defending herself ahead of reading criticism on Twitter. 

I wonder if Rob Riggle knows Aziz Ansari since they are both Daily Show alums.  Seems to me they were around at the same time  Maybe that's why Rob didn't comment specifically about this situation.

I'm not faulting Mark Wahlberg either. If Michele's agent didn't negotiate a good deal for her it has nothing to do with Mark. Good for him for donating the money.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Let me guess......he's a frieeeeeeend, I've known him/her/it for infinity plus one years!!  Lol

Lol, no MM was struggling to understand non verbal objection (was that the word?) That some woman claims  to have given Aziz, before during or after both performing sexual acts on each other.   Sunny said date rape is real. Never implied MM was saying otherwise MM was almost in tears that people were going to jump all over her. I just felt that MM and the other women on the show knew that people have been saying this woman was in a different category than the #me too movement .

It just felt atleast  to me, that  MM was purposely trying to play victim for no reason. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Lol, no MM was struggling to understand non verbal objection (was that the word?) That some woman claims  to have given Aziz, before during or after both performing sexual acts on each other.   Sunny said date rape is real. Never implied MM was saying otherwise MM was almost in tears that people were going to jump all over her. I just felt that MM and the other women on the show knew that people have been saying this woman was in a different category than the #me too movement .

It just felt atleast  to me, that  MM was purposely trying to play victim for no reason. 

Ouch Im going to have to go back and watch.  Im sorry Im missed that scene. Not everything is an attack,  or seem to perceive as such....paranoia big destroyer...

• Love 1

I'm not faulting Mark Wahlberg either. If Michele's agent didn't negotiate a good deal for her it has nothing to do with Mark. Good for him for donating the money.

And people are still not happy! Good Lord. They have the same agent btw, which Sunny and Meghan both agreed, adds an extra layer to all this..

29 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Tomorrow looks to be interesting.  I'm curious to see the new dressing rooms.  Gives me ideas for projects I'll never attempt hee

I think thats why Joy was off, it's a big assignment. LOL..

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

In the context of the Aziz Ansari story, I think Sunny was asking these questions because that's where the conversation is going now. The majority of comments I've seen regarding this allegation has been that it was a bad date, which I agree with, but there is a vocal minority who say that this was harassment. So the question of what if you make out, do this and do that, does it still mean this or does it mean that is a valid one, even though it does sound stupid.

I recently read that 25% of millennial think someone giving you a compliment or a drink is harassment, (I don't know what's wrong with my generation) so it's unfortunate but these questions need to be discussed or more stories like this will be brought up to put men down. Regret is not the same as consent, but we've reached a point where if you say anything like that you can be attacked. Pamela Anderson and Margaret Atwood recently were for saying similar things, so I could understand why MM was kind of nervous about this topic.

• Love 4

I almost turned it off today with Joy off (and Sara off, too), but I bore through a little of it because at least Sunny was there. It was worth it just to see Sunny send Meghan in a tizzy where you could tell she was terrified she was about to be lambasted by Twitter, lol. She deserves to be raked over the coals for much more than that. And good for Sunny saying that a woman can want to go to someone's apartment to make out and still have the right to say no to sex despite Whoopi being a loud fool on the issue (as per usual).

I have a feeling Whoopi got Joy sick last week since MLK was likely prerecorded.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I assumed Joy had the flu like a million others, but, “a very difficult day” makes it seem like whatever is going on is much worse.  At least I assume the comment has something to do with Joy.

Don't old people get flu shots?  I know, I do.  I wish people wouldn't say things with no explanation as to what they mean.  Hate the cryptic comment.  What IS the difficult day?

• Love 1

No, old people don't always get flu shots kiddo. Just what everybody needs is a dose of the flu from a shot that won't work anyway. I wouldn't get one and they are free to old people like me.  Snort. ? God, I hope Joy is okay, maybe she just has a comedy gig?

• Love 4

This old person didn't get a flu shot because when I've been near somewhere I could get one, I didn't think about it.  Guess I'm too old to remember.  I don't know that Whoopie's "difficult day" comment had anything to do with Joy.  It was just the first thing that came to mind.

• Love 1

Regarding the Aziz discussion, this is a murky case because it is part of the "Me Too" conversation, but that does not mean it is sexual assault.  It more so demonstrates the damage our cultural gender expectations inflict on women AND men.  Contrary to Whoopi's advice to just say "Stop or I'm gonna knock you in the nuts", our culture socializes girls to be cooperative and not to hurt others' feelings. This leads many to rely on "non-verbal cues" rather than to risk hurting the guy's feelings. Whoopi does not usually seem to care about how what she says is received by others, which is helpful in situations such as unwanted sexual advances, but, on the other hand, often annoying and tone deaf when she is moderator of a talk show. Aiziz also suffers from a culture that encourages males to keep pushing until the female is receptive (or says "no") to fulfill the ingrained role of masculinity.  But an absence of a "no" does not mean "yes". Only "yes" means "yes"! To focus on this woman's reliance on non-verbal cues instead of her not saying no, should be changed to asking why Aziz (and other men) do not rely on verbal cues themselves, like asking if the woman is interested in doing whatever he has in mind.  He assumed it was consensual.  All he had to do was ask the other participant.  We must do better with our daughters and sons in the future. Girls must receive the message of bodily autonomy and not taught that their worth is tied up in pleasing others.  Boys must be taught to view their partners as sentient beings who must be included in sexual decisions, and that the goal is an enthusiastic "yes", not a lack of a "no". Both are victims of our culture roles, but unless she and others come out, only the woman will shoulder the consequences. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, heart2hearttime said:

Regarding the Aziz discussion, this is a murky case because it is part of the "Me Too" conversation, but that does not mean it is sexual assault.  It more so demonstrates the damage our cultural gender expectations inflict on women AND men.  Contrary to Whoopi's advice to just say "Stop or I'm gonna knock you in the nuts", our culture socializes girls to be cooperative and not to hurt others' feelings. This leads many to rely on "non-verbal cues" rather than to risk hurting the guy's feelings. Whoopi does not usually seem to care about how what she says is received by others, which is helpful in situations such as unwanted sexual advances, but, on the other hand, often annoying and tone deaf when she is moderator of a talk show. Aiziz also suffers from a culture that encourages males to keep pushing until the female is receptive (or says "no") to fulfill the ingrained role of masculinity.  But an absence of a "no" does not mean "yes". Only "yes" means "yes"! To focus on this woman's reliance on non-verbal cues instead of her not saying no, should be changed to asking why Aziz (and other men) do not rely on verbal cues themselves, like asking if the woman is interested in doing whatever he has in mind.  He assumed it was consensual.  All he had to do was ask the other participant.  We must do better with our daughters and sons in the future. Girls must receive the message of bodily autonomy and not taught that their worth is tied up in pleasing others.  Boys must be taught to view their partners as sentient beings who must be included in sexual decisions, and that the goal is an enthusiastic "yes", not a lack of a "no". Both are victims of our culture roles, but unless she and others come out, only the woman will shoulder the consequences. 

This is why MM was defensive, because while I agree with you I think in the story regarding Aziz the lady did multiple things that said yes. He went down on her and she was okay, he asked and she consented into continuing not once but twice. When she felt uncomfortable, he backed off and then they started again only for her to feel off and ask to go home. He obliged and called her a cab.

Aziz may have come from the hyper male culture of pushing for a yes, but in how his accuser describes it he backed off each time she gave a verbal cue and her non verbal ones were the type that only mind readers could understand. I think that's why Sunny was making comments on making out and stuff, because (and I don't have experience here) but if you're making out with someone and things get hot and heavy and a hand lands on a breast, then does the man stop and say "Hey, do you consent to this?" Because I don't think people do that. If oral sex is being performed, does the man stop and say "Hey, just wanted to make sure that this is still consensual." Non verbal cues are only things that mind readers would understand, so you need to express it out loud if you're not comfortable.

I think as women we need to stop looking at men and saying that they need to constantly ask for consent, when we have to be woman enough to say stop and no when we're uncomfortable. A bad date is just a bad date and the fact that there are people out there look at this story and saying that Aziz is a hypocrite and whatnot makes no sense to me.

It would have been a better discussion if Joy was there, because MM was too defensive, Whoopi was being Whoopi, and while Sunny asked questions that sounded stupid they were relevant to the  topic at hand. Joy would have been open enough to discuss this without worrying about hate or whatever.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

No, old people don't always get flu shots kiddo. Just what everybody needs is a dose of the flu from a shot that won't work anyway. I wouldn't get one and they are free to old people like me.  Snort. ? God, I hope Joy is okay, maybe she just has a comedy gig?

The odd thing is that there was no explanation from W which makes me think its something personal like a funeral.  W wouldnt be authorized to announce that and J most likely will tomorrow.  That would fit in with the 'difficult day' reference

• Love 1

It's often difficult to read those nonverbal clues in the dark.   Also, I'm WAY too old for this stuff...but I think if I were young I'd get ticked off with the constant interruptions that might be required with getting permission:

• Is this okay?
  • Are you sure?
  • What about this?
  • Can we try this?
  • ...and so on

Let's do away with nonverbal, and if someone pulls away, that's a clue.  If someone says, "WHOA!" and not in an endearing manner, that's a clue.

And, Sunny, if you just want to go to a guy's apartment just to sit around...don't!  You're too naive to be out on your own.

• Love 10

Several times in my dating life (16-23) in the late 50s/early 60s, I've had to say, "Take me home.  Now."   Twice I've gotten out of a car and walked.  Twice dates followed and begged me to get in the car.  Twice I continued walking and found a pay phone, calling to have my mother or sisters pick me up--but prepared to walk all the way.  I never went out with either guy again--and neither called again.  And you know what I heard one of the guys say about me?  "Typical Catholic school girl.  Don't waste your time."   Also, both boys came in and met my family before we went out!  My sisters and I have said too often, "Good thing for them we didn't have brothers or a father at home.  There may have been some problems with the law."

• Love 10

Ditto, my mother always gave me "mad money" to get out of there if it got too iffy when I was in high school and college. And let me tell you I was not above calling me Daddy to pick me up from a bad situation, including a drive in movie mess. Thank you Dad, (RIP and you never said a thing about it to anybody or to me again. I was almost  being raped by a date and I called my Dad from the refreshment area. Picked me up, and didn't say a word, and let me tell you, he wanted to kill that guy.  I had great parents. They had your back even though they were super strict. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Don't old people get flu shots?  I know, I do.  I wish people wouldn't say things with no explanation as to what they mean.  Hate the cryptic comment.  What IS the difficult day?

Maybe Elsa had a melt down while they were on a commercial break?  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

A day without Joy on the View is a day without sunshine. We love her. 

You took the words right out of my mouth.  I really missed her today.

Count me in as a long time flu shot taker.  Haven't missed a shot in decades.  And I'm old.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

If oral sex is being performed, does the man stop and say "Hey, just wanted to make sure that this is still consensual."

Would you not have to be naked/exposed in that area?  I mean, really, how does it get this far?  I guess if you change your mind, you have the perfect right to say so.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

And let me tell you I was not above calling me my Daddy to pick me up from a bad situation, including a drive in movie mess. Thank you Dad, (RIP and you never said a thing about it to anybody or to me again. I was almost  being raped by a date and I called my Dad from the refreshment area. Picked me up, and didn't say a word, and let me tell you, he wanted to kill that guy.  I had great parents. They had your back even though they were super strict. 

Ditto!!!  I knew what "the walk of shame was" when I had to walk (in high heels) from the concession stand to the ticket wicket where my Dad was picking me up!!!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I was almost  being raped by a date and I called my Dad from the refreshment area. Picked me up, and didn't say a word, and let me tell you, he wanted to kill that guy.  I had great parents.

Those of us who could count on a parent for almost anything knew how lucky we were...even then.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

A day without Joy on the View is a day without sunshine. We love her. 

The morning doesn't quite feel complete without her. :)

6 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Maybe Elsa had a melt down while they were on a commercial break?  

I'm sure it happens daily.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

It's often difficult to read those nonverbal clues in the dark.   Also, I'm WAY too old for this stuff...but I think if I were young I'd get ticked off with the constant interruptions that might be required with getting permission:

• Is this okay?
  • Are you sure?
  • What about this?
  • Can we try this?
  • ...and so on

Let's do away with nonverbal, and if someone pulls away, that's a clue.  If someone says, "WHOA!" and not in an endearing manner, that's a clue.

And, Sunny, if you just want to go to a guy's apartment just to sit around...don't!  You're too naive to be out on your own.

reading the story about Aziz      HERE , my reaction is that if I am undressed in a man's apartment, and making out with him, I cannot expect the man to understand subtle nonverbal cues that I am not consenting.  Granted, it's been a while since my dating days, but staying dressed might be a good non-verbal way to communicate that you're not interested.   

• Love 15

I just watched the show and I didn't see Meghan as defensive (oh, man, kill me now, because I may be wandering into defending her). I listen to the show, I don't much watch the screen, so maybe there was more going on visually than I picked up, but it seemed to me that she was very carefully picking her way through a minefield, and this does have the potential to be a minefield, and she was trying very hard to not say anything that could be misconstrued.

I heard her saying, he thought it was consensual, but the woman felt pressured, and how can they be so different, and what can happen so they don't feel so diametrically opposed to each other about the very same acts? It wasn't like the graphic gross and exploitative accusations that fueled the #metoo movement, like Harvey Weinstein "donating" to potted plants in front of women, or Kevin Spacey grabbing the genitals of underage actors. This is someone who claims he had no idea that the "date" was going badly, and does it fall into the same category as the others if it wasn't a conscious abuse of power but the woman felt used?

To be honest, I thought Meghan was verbally trying to puzzle out a path of her own, rather than parroting someone else's opinion, and maybe it came off as defensive, but I give her credit for it.

That brings me to point 2 -- I had a minor epiphany when she felt that she "had" to thank the guest co-host for his military service. Why, exactly? I don't think she thanks crossing guards or supermarket cashiers for making her life easier, so why the military?  I mean, I have a brother who's kind of an Army superstar, and every single male of age in my family has served, but I don't take it on as my thing. I'm proud of them, sure, but that's their thing, not mine.

And I concluded that she has somehow absorbed the characteristics of the people around her and taken them on as her own. Her father and brother are military, so Meghan believes that is an integral part of her persona.  Her father and her husband are Republicans (at either end of the spectrum), so Meghan defines herself (nearly to the exclusion of anything else) as a Republican. To me, and I stress again it's just my opinion, that explains so much of her teflon dedication to both those things. She's chosen to define her beliefs by osmosis, rather than arriving at them herself. So of course she gets snotty and defensive and tearful when called upon to defend her beliefs, because they are inherited, or borrowed, or leeched. They're not organic beliefs she came up with herself, and that makes defending them more difficult.

I truly apologize for the length of this, but if you've stuck with it this far, I thought Meghan puzzling out the Aziz Ansari situation was (in my best Whoopi intonation) kind of a beautiful thing, because it may have been the most genuine that we've seen her on The View.

• Love 13

Ok, Chicagocita, I'm with you on the military osmosis theory definitely, and the the Repub identification, because without it, MM is nobody.  

She really needs to prepare more, however, for someone who "talks for a living" (Ha! Tell that to Mama's millions), her words are garbled, thus mudding up her meaning. 

Her snottiness is incredibly immature though...today towards Sunny, when MM said she has been in the dating pool more recently, and not married for last 20 years. It was not necessary to take a mean girl shot. 

I imagine that the frustrated crying is a ploy when MM realizes that she cannot speak coherently enough to get her point across, and/or isnt getting enough attention.Manipulative and insecure, as well.

Tiresome, overall. 

Edited by Tosia
Working hard to be clear.
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, backformore said:

my reaction is that if I am undressed in a man's apartment, and making out with him, I cannot expect the man to understand subtle nonverbal cues that I am not consenting.  Granted, it's been a while since my dating days, but staying dressed might be a good non-verbal way to communicate that you're not interested.   

Staying dressed!  Wow!  What will they think of next?  And, Sunny, if you just want to kiss, I would stay out of his apartment & just kiss at your front door.  Too difficult to make an escape from HIS place.

2 hours ago, Tosia said:

She really needs to prepare more, however, for someone who "talks for a living"

Yes!  I really feel that she doesn't know what's going on in the world.

• Love 5

Yes, susieq147, to caring only about her own world, absolutely!  I get the feeling that she is one of those people who only talks about herself in a  conversation --and doesnt get that it is polite, caring and/or, um, human, to ask others questions out of curiosity, love, and sincere interest about them. 

MM seemed angry (vs. Inquisitive)  both times she asked "What next?" about the Me Too movement this week and last week.   It's the laziest fucking question ever. It shows ignorance of history, current events, and lack of preparation to LEARN  about what's going on (tm Marvin Gaye, y'all, remember that song?), and ask an intelligent specific question. 

Come back, Joy, stat. 

Edited by Tosia
A serious voice and stern look cannot cover up ignorance.
  • Love 9

g

17 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

As a youngish person (younger than MM), I don't get the flu shot either. I use to, but kept getting a really bad case of the flu right after. Once I stopped I stopped getting the flu. I know it sounds bad, but for my body getting the flu shot = getting the flu and strep throat on top of that.

13 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Would you not have to be naked/exposed in that area?  I mean, really, how does it get this far?  I guess if you change your mind, you have the perfect right to say so.

That's why a lot of people are annoyed and angry about the Aziz Ansari allegations, because this type of story doesn't help the MeToo movement. It just makes people, both men and women, confused at what consent is and whether men should keep checking every five minutes. A bad date, regret, and awkward feelings doesn't mean sexual assault and/or harassment. Even in the story, the lady consented to a lot of stuff and when she verbally said enough he backed off each time and called her a cab home. It's unfortunate, but now that this story is out, there are people bashing Aziz Ansari and likening him to a predator when he isn't. It just really does a disservice to the whole MeToo movement and I wish the hosts talked about it more.

The problem is that if you say anything negative and you're in the public eye, you'll be bashed for victim blaming. A conversation needs to happen, but everyone is afraid.

• Love 10