Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E03: #Banatalie

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Natalie balances a budding romance with her desire to prove herself as a strong competitor. An injured Melissa finds comfort with Nicole, but her true motives are questioned by her vendetta, Kayleigh.

• Love 1

Natalie: "Kam, I like you and want to get to know you better so I'm putting you for elimination and whether you don't get voted in or you win and come back, I'm ok with being your new vendetta." What a moron. I hate to agree with Devin but he's right, her game sucks. Instead of sucking up to the old vets like John and Veronica, it's time for rookies to take over the damn game like that other moron, Cory has been trying to do!

Cory vs Nelson was pathetic. It's time for Cory to take a break from these challenges.

It didn't escape my notice that the three black girls were up for elimination. "We're picking rookies" my ass. Toss in Marie! Get rid of her and even if you don't she's actually no threat to anyone.

• Love 11

Some days, I feel like a public defender, because I feel compelled to cast doubt on the shortcomings of others. In this case? Cory and Nelson may have had protection, but wouldn't the main instinct be staying away from fire? That might explain Cory's lack of effort. Not a Riff Raff job, but still sad. I dunno . . . I'm not overly found of either guy, but Teege dropping hammer on them felt wrong. Just once . . . "Hey, TJ? You put this shit on. You try to do your best while preparing for the possibility of getting a flaming ball to the face." Or maybe the guys decided to tank the Ring to prevent injury. I dunno. I think about this shit too much.

I need a chart to keep track of vendettas, rivalries, alliance and fucking. Like last time, Nicole is single and ready to mingle. And she's got a thing for accents. So does Melissa, apparently. Also, Nicole shoved Alicia off the giant hashtag. I mean, wasn't most of the initial appeal to see somebody fall down and hit the water? For Shane to get up after hugging the floor, take three steps, and take a plunge?

Melissa going into the Ring . . . as you know, I like Nicole. But I don't have to like the people she wants to fool around with. That said, I got a little ticked that she got chucked in due to her injury. To me (and I admit that I'm not "always there" mentally), this is basically how Ammo got eliminated last season . . . he got left out of the game, and then he got voted for elimination. Doesn't seem right. Not like she kicked the light on purpose, or to get first aid from Nicole.

3 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

It didn't escape my notice that the three black girls were up for elimination. "We're picking rookies" my ass. Toss in Marie! Get rid of her and even if you don't she's actually no threat to anyone.

Honestly never thought of that. I confess that I don't know the deals with Natalie (don't watch Big Brother) and Devin (don't watch AYTO, pretty sure he's AYTO Wes). Johnny? He's got a shit-ton of flaws, but racism doesn't seem of be one of those. He can seemingly make friends with anybody regardless of race, creed, color or gender. And then he sometimes screws them over, and I hope that he gets his ass beat like a drum with a camera rolling. C'mon, when he got between Alicia and Nicole, you wouldn't have been too upset if Nicole grabbed him by the head and chucked him fifty feet, right?

Next week: Yay, Brad gets abused!

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Some days, I feel like a public defender, because I feel compelled to cast doubt on the shortcomings of others. In this case? Cory and Nelson may have had protection, but wouldn't the main instinct be staying away from fire? That might explain Cory's lack of effort. Not a Riff Raff job, but still sad. I dunno . . . I'm not overly found of either guy, but Teege dropping hammer on them felt wrong. Just once . . . "Hey, TJ? You put this shit on. You try to do your best while preparing for the possibility of getting a flaming ball to the face." Or maybe the guys decided to tank the Ring to prevent injury. I dunno. I think about this shit too much.

I need a chart to keep track of vendettas, rivalries, alliance and fucking. Like last time, Nicole is single and ready to mingle. And she's got a thing for accents. So does Melissa, apparently. Also, Nicole shoved Alicia off the giant hashtag. I mean, wasn't most of the initial appeal to see somebody fall down and hit the water? For Shane to get up after hugging the floor, take three steps, and take a plunge?

Melissa going into the Ring . . . as you know, I like Nicole. But I don't have to like the people she wants to fool around with. That said, I got a little ticked that she got chucked in due to her injury. To me (and I admit that I'm not "always there" mentally), this is basically how Ammo got eliminated last season . . . he got left out of the game, and then he got voted for elimination. Doesn't seem right. Not like she kicked the light on purpose, or to get first aid from Nicole.

Honestly never thought of that. I confess that I don't know the deals with Natalie (don't watch Big Brother) and Devin (don't watch AYTO, pretty sure he's AYTO Wes). Johnny? He's got a shit-ton of flaws, but racism doesn't seem of be one of those. He can seemingly make friends with anybody regardless of race, creed, color or gender. And then he sometimes screws them over, and I hope that he gets his ass beat like a drum with a camera rolling. C'mon, when he got between Alicia and Nicole, you wouldn't have been too upset if Nicole grabbed him by the head and chucked him fifty feet, right?

Next week: Yay, Brad gets abused!

Johnny putting Alicia up didn't strike me as race related at all, because he really just wanted her out because she was Cory's showmance. And Natalie went for rookie Kam because she wanted to stay close to the vets with all the power so they could protect her, which also explains why she's so willing to respond to a horny and desperate Johnny's attempts to seduce her.

• Love 1

Love:

Devin: Thank you for your commentary and for being so Anti Bananas.

Kam: Thank you for not groveling towards the Vets and not giving a fuck.

Cara: getting this girl away from Crap-mila has done wonders for her so far. Especially love seeing her support for other women on social media.

Melissa: thanks for being funny and doing what it takes to stay in the game, even cuddling up to Nicole ( ugh)

Nelson: Your enthusiasm for the missions is awesome. Love the fanboy attitude. Continue being you!

i understand what natalie is trying to do. And I appreciate her coming in and not wanting to just sit around. But, her BB strategy is going to bite her in the ass in the future. Especially with her association with Bananas. 

Ugh:

Nicole: every female was trying to play fair, but you have to try and truck these girls and you still end up losing haha.

Bananas: still hate you

• Love 6

That elimination was hilariously bad.

Veronica is on this season? I'm just going to assume that she hasn't had much screen time to date because the other thought to consider is that my memory is seriously failing me big time.

Is it Alee-SEE-ya or Alee-SHA? Either way, this girl thinks she's a target purely for her affiliation with Corey. No, she's a target now because she's become completely dispensable to everyone because she didn't bother to build relationships and side alliances outside of Corey. Outside of Kam, no one cares and that makes her a very easy vote at the beginning of the game for people who are biding their time before they rock the boat.

While all the nominees were black, I don't think it was racist at all. They were all rookies, but they were all rookies with the least connections to those in power so it made it easier to nominate them without creating any additional ripple effect outside of offending the nominees and potentially getting on their hitlist. If anything, it's a good week for a rookie to go in because they're not only facing another rookie, they're facing a rookie that's injured which in theory already gives them an advantage (unless the competition is solely about brain power and elimination challenges are at least a combination of strategy and strength).

• Love 1

I thought Kyle's confessional describing how he thought he was going to handle the hashtag challenge versus how he actually handled it was hilarious, and so he wins the episode for me.  Devin is a close second for his confessional dismissal of Natalie as useless, and his immediate seizing of the easiest nomination to force the other two Troika members to get their hands dirty a bit.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

Yup.  I noticed this too.  And I probably wouldn't have if the same thing hadn't just happened in Dirty 30 during the very first purge episode.....

1 hour ago, strippedhalo said:

I thought Kyle's confessional describing how he thought he was going to handle the hashtag challenge versus how he actually handled it was hilarious, and so he wins the episode for me.  

This was great, and probably the exact reaction I would have after watching 10 million of these challenge seasons and making fun of the challengers because of course I can do better, only to actually get there and shit myself in the moment.  Both he and Shane had me cracking up.  

I was impressed with Sylvia.....never actually seen her move that fast before.  

• Love 4

They were all snickering at Cory and Nelson not being able to kick the ball but unless you've played soccer, it's not as easy as it looks.

Nelson I guess didn't want to use the most potent grenades right away.  Well his vendettas are all male so no need to burn it on a female elimination day.

Melissa's injury came out of stupid goofing around so I have no problem with her being thrown into the elimination.  

The troika seemed like a good idea initially but the Troika deliberations and The Inquisition now seem tired.  Maybe out of those discussions, Troika members get insights into each other like Devin making some judgements about Natalie.  Especially his pointed comment about her trying to play the same game in BB on the Challenge.  I don't watch any of the other shows but BB contestants on other reality shows seem to think they can go to other shows and take over.

B-M is probably hoping for yelling matches in the Inquisition or something?

Next week, eating disgusting food, yay!

After the awesome run up Gibraltar mountain, the last couple of challenges haven't been too athletic.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

i understand what natalie is trying to do. And I appreciate her coming in and not wanting to just sit around. But, her BB strategy is going to bite her in the ass in the future. Especially with her association with Bananas. 

Especially if she does Bananas dirty after the season like she did her BB boyfriend (I think she cheated on him and then convinced him to pretend they were still a couple for promotional purposes). I think i'd rather have no association with Bananas than have some sort of relationship with him and piss him off later. 

21 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

Natalie: "Kam, I like you and want to get to know you better so I'm putting you for elimination and whether you don't get voted in or you win and come back, I'm ok with being your new vendetta." What a moron. I hate to agree with Devin but he's right, her game sucks. Instead of sucking up to the old vets like John and Veronica, it's time for rookies to take over the damn game like that other moron, Cory has been trying to do!

Cory vs Nelson was pathetic. It's time for Cory to take a break from these challenges.

At the very least it was bad optics.  I'm sure the three nominated knew what was up.

• Love 1

I noticed that Devin seemed to make almost the exact statement at the beginning of the Inquisition as was said the time before.  I can't stand that kind of thing, and it seems very Big Brother-like.

Did Melissa really tell Nicole that she was hotter than "all the other guys"?  Did Nicole really not take offense?

Veronica snarking about not trying to intimidate other women is hilarious.  That bitch was nasty in her day.

I really feared a labia-slip with all of Melissa's leg antics.

• Love 4

I really hope John isn't in every single Troika. I guess it doesn't matter though, because I doubt that two people who are willing to vote him into elimination will ever be in said Troika at the same time.  I'll be stuck watching him every damn week because these people are all idiots. 

I still like all of the Brits a lot and am rooting for them.  The long-haired guy from Big Brother wearing his hair in french braid pigtails = swoon. Reminds me of a younger Ozzy from Survivor. 

• Love 5

I just can’t with how fine Nelson still is.  I wish he had less douchitude to him.  I agree with Kayleigh though, I don’t like facial fur either.

A Brit saying “these guys are shite at football, I mean ‘soccer’” was absolutely darling.

“Watch the glass!” “Crash”  Smooth.

They could never show another interview with Sylvia again and it would be just fine.  I feel like she thinks she’s way more badass than she actually is.  It irritates me that she did well.  

Aww all the girls love Victor.  Right there with you, ladies.

• Love 1

I initially thought Natalie was a nice girl, but she rubbed me the wrong way this episode. I agree with Devin in that she doesn't seem genuine and by aligning herself with Johnny Bananas, that alone makes her have a target on her back.

The challenge itself wasn't too interesting. I don't think I even paid attention to what the goal was. 

Corey needs to take a break from the Challenge. I had high expectations for him on his very first Challenge season, but he hasn't done anything impressive since. I commend him though for not sucking up to Bananas like most people do.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 3

The Melissa/Natalie cheerleader footage got posted on Instagram by the show. I saw that posted on Facebook with this reaction from Jordan: "I legit got dumber after watching this..." Dude, tell us what you really think.

3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

At the very least it was bad optics.  I'm sure the three nominated knew what was up.

This is The Challenge. All optics are average at best, and the players don't give a flying fuck.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I just can’t with how fine Nelson still is.  I wish he had less douchitude to him.  I agree with Kayleigh though, I don’t like facial fur either.

A Brit saying “these guys are shite at football, I mean ‘soccer’” was absolutely darling.

“Watch the glass!” “Crash”  Smooth.

They could never show another interview with Sylvia again and it would be just fine.  I feel like she thinks she’s way more badass than she actually is.  It irritates me that she did well.  

Aww all the girls love Victor.  Right there with you, ladies.

Yes! I hate Silvia. Can't wait 'til she's (inevitably) eliminated. 

Devin said exactly what I was thinking Natalie is: A fake person who thinks she can get through the game that way without anybody catching on. She's got another thing coming.

Nicole is at it again lusting after other women. I can't wait when she get's eliminated. Why she is back on the show is beyond me. SMH.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Steph619 said:

I initially thought Natalie was a nice girl, but she rubbed me the wrong way this episode. I agree with Devin in that she doesn't seem genuine and by aligning herself with Johnny Bananas, that alone makes her have a target on her back.

The challenge itself wasn't too interesting. I don't think I even paid attention to what the goal was. 

Corey needs to take a break from the Challenge. I had high expectations for him on his very first Challenge season, but he hasn't done anything impressive since. I commend him though for not sucking up to Bananas like most people do.

I'm torn.  I watched Natalie on the Big Brother feeds and it's pretty hard to hide your true personality when monitored 24/7.  She really grew on me and I liked her.  I'm more irritated at watching her on this edited show.  I'm trying to stick with my original opinion of her until I have more evidence she's not who I thought.

• Love 2

Now I'm upset because everything for me is upside down.  I liked Cheyenne from what I saw on the challenge (I don't watch ayto or whichever show she was from) but I can't stand Cory from day one on his real world show all the way through till yesterday.  I like that he stands up to johnny but other than that I can't tolerate him.  Now I find out Cory and Cheyenne have a baby girl together and something happened inside me because I felt badly that Cory lost.  I'm like what about the baby, he needs the money now. Ugh. I don't want to care about Cory!  He's like another Tony now.  On the other hand, if he's with Alicia, I guess then it's over with him and Cheyenne. I normally watch for fun and it's amusing with all the relationship issues and entanglements, who's been with who, etc. but once there are babies involved, my human emotions come back into play. Damn you Cory and Cheyenne, ruining my mindless pleasure!

7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm torn.  I watched Natalie on the Big Brother feeds and it's pretty hard to hide your true personality when monitored 24/7.  She really grew on me and I liked her.  I'm more irritated at watching her on this edited show.  I'm trying to stick with my original opinion of her until I have more evidence she's not who I thought.

This. But man it was hard to maintain my Natalie love during this ep.

I don't know if I can keep watching. It's all just so boring. The same person runs the game every season and I hate that person so.

But things like Kyle's confessional about how he thought it'd go vs. how it actually went and Victor with his hair in braids make me unwilling to stop watching. Dammit!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rbonnie said:

Now I'm upset because everything for me is upside down.  I liked Cheyenne from what I saw on the challenge (I don't watch ayto or whichever show she was from) but I can't stand Cory from day one on his real world show all the way through till yesterday.  I like that he stands up to johnny but other than that I can't tolerate him.  Now I find out Cory and Cheyenne have a baby girl together and something happened inside me because I felt badly that Cory lost.  I'm like what about the baby, he needs the money now. Ugh. I don't want to care about Cory!  He's like another Tony now.  On the other hand, if he's with Alicia, I guess then it's over with him and Cheyenne. I normally watch for fun and it's amusing with all the relationship issues and entanglements, who's been with who, etc. but once there are babies involved, my human emotions come back into play. Damn you Cory and Cheyenne, ruining my mindless pleasure!

Don't feel bad for that fucker.  I also don't think he and Cheyenne were ever together.  I think they hooked up during or after that one season they were on together.  Plus, if they want to take care of their kids, they need to get real fricken jobs.  

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, strippedhalo said:

I thought Kyle's confessional describing how he thought he was going to handle the hashtag challenge versus how he actually handled it was hilarious, and so he wins the episode for me.  Devin is a close second for his confessional dismissal of Natalie as useless, and his immediate seizing of the easiest nomination to force the other two Troika members to get their hands dirty a bit.

I loved that Devin immediately said he was choosing Alicia and they'd have to pick someone else.  That was smart.  Not only because it forced them to get their hands dirty but also because it allowed him to see where their alliances might lie.  I'm liking Devin and I hope he's able to get in some wins and make some moves. 

Natalie: You are worthless.  Every female in there needs to start looking side-eye at Natalie if she'll throw in her friend that easily.  Other than John, I don't think any of the other vets are going to protect her.  That crap she pulled on Kailah was very stupid.  It came off as threatening and not as though she wanted to be in an alliance.  

Sylvia: I was impressed with her this episode but then she opened her mouth and I remembered why I don't like her.  She always sounds like she's whining and the whole world is against her and poor, poor, Sylvia.  I just can't with that.  

The grenade: I'm a little lost on how the grenade really benefits your game outside of taking the cash.  You can't pick anyone in the Troika which are the people you'd have a vendetta against for throwing you in and you can't nominate anyone except someone of the opposite sex because you have to use it before the next challenge which is always the opposite gender from the one before.  Most of these people have vendettas against people of their own gender so unless they want to make a new enemy it doesn't make sense to pick those grenades.  Plus if you don't have the support of the Troika the person you nominate isn't going to make it in the elimination and you've just pissed someone off for no benefit.  

I dislike the Troika now that any gender can make up all 3 spots.  The competitions aren't equal playing fields for the genders so it just puts the females at a disadvantage.  If I have to see John in all, or most, of the Troikas I am not going to be happy.  I don't need the John, and Natalie, show every Tuesday.  

It definitely stood out to me that all the women nominated were black.  I know Alicia's nomination wasn't based on race as she was a Cory vendetta holdover but the rest...I don't know.  It just stood out.  I get that there are valid reasons for voting those women in as they don't have any ties to any of those 3 players (all of them were UK shows, right?) who made up the Troika but, like someone said, Marie should've been an option since she's such a weak player.    

I am not looking forward to next weeks episode.  I HATE eating challenges.  Guess I'll be fast-forwarding most of that show because I don't find it entertaining to watch, and hear, people barfing.  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Random observation...Bananas is annoying and shows off, but he sure has nice hair! 

I can't stand the way Nicole Z talks. Urgh. 

I like Vic and Nat and don't want them to be vendettas. 

Not to mention that out of all the possible vendettas Nat could've had on this season, Vic's not even the one she had the most problems with. As much as I think those two are possibly some of the biggest famewhores to come out of BB, Paul/Paulie both had more explosive rivalries with Natalie, with Paul losing Nat's jury vote because of how she overheard him trash talking her the week she got evicted. And then with Paulie, there's the whole he said/she said conflict about him sexually harassing her, combined with pretty crude remarks about her breast implants. And of course, you have the Nat/James messy relationship, which culminated in her sending him a cease and desist letter via her attorney, as well as talk that he leaked nude photos of her. 

• Love 1

I noticed that all of the females were black but I dismissed it because they are all rookies and that seems to be the recurring strategy in the beginning of the game, throw in the rookies to prevent ruffling feathers and buying time in the game. I think it's obvious that the pic will be Alicia since that will make the least noise, but you have to choose 3 so... Of the three I think Kam is the strongest right now so she would be the one to be most concerned about, but all three seem to be capable of beating Melissa. None of that matters if they don't stand a chance at coming in top 3.

Kyle's explanation of how the challenge was going go for him was HILARIOUS! I watched it like 5 times.

I wonder if it was editing that Natalie went to Kailah and Veronica, I wonder if she went to other girls in the house. I don't see Veronica as a major power player given this crop of competitors. I thought that was interesting. Win one challenge and shack up with Bananas and you think you can go around wheeling and dealing. I think the chances that she wins future individual chances are low. 

I like Victor more with each episode. I want to see Leroy win something, or leave with some money. I root for him every season and unfortunately he falls short. 

• Love 1

In case anyone is interested, Tori (Brad's ex wife) is on Reality Steve's podcast this week. It's a pretty interesting interview. Apparently Brad and dipshit Britni are still together... barf!!! 

As for Natalie, I just can't with her... Bananas and his junior high flirting technique??? Really?? 

• Love 2

How does the Troika work? Can each member pick one person, independent of the other two, or do all three members of the Troika have to agree on all three elimination candidates?

I thought it was super weird that Bananas said he wasn't going to try for the Troika until he saw Devin was trying for it. While I don't think there is a strategic advantage for either guy being in it, at least Devin made money. I don't know what Devin could have possibly done in the Troika that would have affected John in any way.

I do like that the elimination winner gets something besides staying in the house. I just wish it was a more dramatic payoff. I'd like to see people willing to risk going in the elimination to get something, rather than constantly scramble to stay out of it. That was one thing about The Island that was cool- if you wanted to win the show, you had to face a possible elimination. Way too many people who are average to below average competitors stay in the game just by flying under the radar and sucking up to vets.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

How does the Troika work? Can each member pick one person, independent of the other two, or do all three members of the Troika have to agree on all three elimination candidates?

I thought it was super weird that Bananas said he wasn't going to try for the Troika until he saw Devin was trying for it. While I don't think there is a strategic advantage for either guy being in it, at least Devin made money. I don't know what Devin could have possibly done in the Troika that would have affected John in any way.

If someone else had gotten into the Troika along with Devin and Natalie hadn't won her spot in it maybe John though Devin would have been able to sway the group into putting Natalie into elimination. It shows that a) he thinks Devin is a threat b) he wants Natalie around and c) he wasn't sure Natalie would win since he and Devin were in the first group to go and we hadn't seen the women yet. Or he's just messing around for tv. I don't trust or believe in anything he does or says.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

In case anyone is interested, Tori (Brad's ex wife) is on Reality Steve's podcast this week. It's a pretty interesting interview. Apparently Brad and dipshit Britni are still together... barf!!! 

Barf indeed. Wonder what Brad thinks of the reunion when Britni was going around telling everyone she hooked up with Derrick. I'm pretty sure that was filmed after they filmed this current season

14 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

As for Natalie, I just can't with her... Bananas and his junior high flirting technique??? Really?? 

And speaking of barf worthy moments, there was recently an article posted on some celebrity gossip site that mentioned how Bananas and Natalie were spotted having dinner with another couple in an NYC restaurant, so apparently that friendship continues for now. 

3 hours ago, lexington11 said:

And speaking of barf worthy moments, there was recently an article posted on some celebrity gossip site that mentioned how Bananas and Natalie were spotted having dinner with another couple in an NYC restaurant, so apparently that friendship continues for now. 

I saw that too. Soooo barfy!!! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

If someone else had gotten into the Troika along with Devin and Natalie hadn't won her spot in it maybe John though Devin would have been able to sway the group into putting Natalie into elimination. It shows that a) he thinks Devin is a threat b) he wants Natalie around and c) he wasn't sure Natalie would win since he and Devin were in the first group to go and we hadn't seen the women yet. Or he's just messing around for tv. I don't trust or believe in anything he does or says.

Devin is definitely not allied with Johnny, so Johnny had reason to believe that Devin would have put up one of Johnny's female allies.

11 hours ago, Tatum said:

I do like that the elimination winner gets something besides staying in the house. I just wish it was a more dramatic payoff. I'd like to see people willing to risk going in the elimination to get something, rather than constantly scramble to stay out of it. That was one thing about The Island that was cool- if you wanted to win the show, you had to face a possible elimination. Way too many people who are average to below average competitors stay in the game just by flying under the radar and sucking up to vets.

100% agree. Get proactive in playing the game. How wild would it be to see someone throw a challenge to lose so they can go in and get a grenade. love it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

And apparently Natalie is throwing shade at BB's James saying that at least Bananas can win  comps

That seems pretty accurate, because she seemed to try harder at the BB18 comps than James did, and I doubt she would've thrown the comps to anyone like James did to Nicole. 

• Love 1
On 1/18/2018 at 11:06 AM, Peper81 said:

It definitely stood out to me that all the women nominated were black.  I know Alicia's nomination wasn't based on race as she was a Cory vendetta holdover but the rest...I don't know.  It just stood out. 

To me too.

The challenge between Cory and Nelson was obviously hard.  Nelson is strong, it clearly was not your average soccer ball as it had to be on fire.   All the snickering was uncalled for.