Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

Just now, dbell1 said:

"I really wish someone had skated to Carmen this year. We never hear it anymore." Said NO ONE EVER. 

"Hey, you know what would be a great unique piece that will set you apart from every other skater? NOT CARMEN!"

• Love 13

All Carmen all the time.  Jaysus!

5 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Well, we can only hope that the Not!Russians at least catch a case of the Splats as well.

If only.  If they do backload their programs though the splats will be more noticable.

• Love 5

Gabby Daleman needs to take down the makeup about 100 notches. Unpopular opinion, but I kind of dig the crazy talon nails.

Feel bad for Mirai. Hoping for some splats higher up the food chain to make the LP interesting. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

It’s not just Carmen, it’s the worst possible rendition of Carmen. Daleman’s skating does nothing for me.

It sounded like a cuckoo clock was going off during the music.  What the hell was that?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Enero said:

Oh Lord is this Carmen again? Argh. 

1 minute ago, Shaynaa said:

Another Carmen?  Seriously???

et all

At least this is a better version than the one with the singer!

Every time I hear Carmen in connection to skating, I think of Katarina Witt.  It may not have been the greatest of all time, but it was memorable.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, SophiaD said:

I might just root for Kaori.  I'm not sure we'll even have an American lady in the final group.  I can't remember the last time that's happened.  

Great point. Gracie was in the final group in Sochi and both Mirai and Rachel Flatt were in the final group in Vancouver and of course before then we always had medalists. I’m not sure we’ve ever not had a ladies skater in the top 6 after short program at Olympics. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

Med always looks incredibly stressed out, like she’s three seconds away from having a breakdown.

Well, she is part of the Russian women's training program.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, legaleagle53 said:

Maybe Mirai at least can do a Nathan Chen in the Free Skate.  If he was able to shake off his disaster of a short program to land six quads in his Free Skate, surely Mirai can shake off that catastrophe of a Triple Axel and redeem herself similarly in the Free Skate.  Could she maybe land six Triple Axels?

That's the thing, none of the women melted down like Nathan did. They made a mistake and then moved on. Nathan couldn't land anything right in the short. 

I think Mirai fully rotated the triple axel, which is still worth more with the fall than a clean double axel. The risk paid off even if it didn't go as well as in the Team Event.

• Love 12

I hope all 3 US women go out and throw down in the free skate. Of course, I want Mirai, most of all, to have her dream performance.

I’m so glad there is only one skater left in this group. So very tired. I’ll catch the Russian floor exercise/jump demonstration tomorrow.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I wonder what would happen if Brian forgot one of his jackets?  Would he steal a flag from the audience and drape it over his shoulders?  Put duct tape on his back and write the country name with a Sharpie?  I'm legit curious.

He should just getone jacket and then stick different flags on it like in NASCAR. 

Can Choi get a homer gold medal to make up for Yuna’s in Sochi? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 8

"Papa Can You Hear Me?" with this costume and choreography make me CRAZY!

Give me the ice dance James Bond or the earlier AC/DC with leather.

Commit to a song/costume/choreography and don't choose stuff that fights with each other.

• Love 1

I'll take Choi's ranking over the US girls but not Daleman.  Must be a PCS thing.

Looks like they'll all be in Group 3 tomorrow and likely skating back to back.

Edited by kittykat
  • Love 3

Six skaters left...how many Carmens can we cram into the last group?

ETA: Choi should be in second and if none of the US ladies can keep it together I'll be cheering for her.

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 9