Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

Just now, dbell1 said:

Zagitova reminded me of aluminum foil blowing around a back yard. I'm not seeing amazing transitions, just Plushy arms flailing around like a swan stuck in oil. Not impressed.

Hilarious. But so true and I loved Plushy. LOL

I knew she was going to be ahead of Evgenia. 

Sorry but Sasha Cohen would make this Swan program look like a dead bird especially on PCS. This girl did nothing for the music IMHO. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

What? That shouldn't be over Med. Between the NotRussians I thought Med was way more polished than Zagitova.

Zag won on TES. Media ahead on PCS. 

Watch Kostner slide into 3rd on bogus PCS. 

1 minute ago, Enero said:

Sorry but Sasha Cohen would make this Swan program look like a dead bird especially on PCS. This girl did nothing for the music IMHO. 

Sasha Cohen would make these girls look like juniors on the PCS.

• Love 12

Well at least it won't be a Russian sweep. Argh. Arm over head on almost every jump. Again, there should be a limit to this. 

This girl should be behind Kostner. IMO

Edited by Enero
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, PoshSprinkles said:

She will end up third so Russia gets to take home three medals to make up for no medals in men's, pairs, and ice dance. Bank on it. 

Not with those TES. 

pretty neckline on the ugly pink dress. 

• Love 2
Just now, Chelsea girl said:

Are the Russians the only ones who put all their jumps in the second half? 

I think so. And really they're smart to do it. Like I said...I think Alina would have to splat hard to lose tomorrow. She's got that ballet dancer thing going on that the skating judges love, like Oksana Baiul. Plus she's technically sound. Does she move me with her skating? No. I think she's like a little skating robot. But it probably doesn't matter.

I really wish the US could pull its program together. I cannot believe we haven't had a medal in the ladies program since 2006. 

• Love 6

Tara made an interesting point about Russia rewarding skaters for trying more difficult elements and implementing that after Vancouver and the US not doing it until after Sochi. That’s the first I’ve heard of this and I follow figure skating regularly. 

• Love 5

GOODNESS did you look at Eteri making a face at someone off-camera when she saw that Zag broker her personal favourite's WR?

Not only would Zag deserve to win if she goes clean in the LP, I'd like her to win just so she can tell Eteri to DIAF and go train with BOrser or someone.

• Love 4

I think the scores were all on point tonight. The Russian women deserved to be on top. It will be interesting to see them battle it out in the long program. I think the Medvedea is the better of the two.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, herbz said:

I don't have anything to contribute other than to say I worship Aliya Mustafina and can't believe (though I totally can because she's ridiculous) that she's out there doing UB routines approximately 5 minutes after giving birth.

I love her too. (I am not really a fan of her bars--I prefer the He Kexin/Beth Tweddle style but I think Aliya is very graceful on floor.) She just seems very drama-free and yet still a fierce competitor. 

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

They'd just get bonus for being the best splatters.

Plus a bonus for splatting in the second half of the program.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I actually like the tutus on Zag. Her illusion fabric is way too dark though.

And I wish her panties were blue.  The tightie whities were glaringly distracting.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Minneapple said:

I decided I didn't hate Evegenia after I found out she did a Sailor Moon program, like with full costume and everything. I don't know anything about Sailor Moon but I can appreciate a girl who gets her geek on.

Anyway, she still seems VERY OVERLY DRAMATIC FOR NO REASON to me.

• Love 6

That was hilarious and awesome!

I used to watch english dubbed Sailormoon a zillion years ago and she was channelling Serena really well in the beginning sequence! LOVED that she went with the socks as well! She looks like she has a sense of humour.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Not a trace of happiness there. And there are clips!

Yes, Eteri, how dare a 15 year old girl living her dream outscore a program that involves a peek-a-boo timed to someone whispering "come back".

Edited by fan94
  • Love 8