Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I've always thought Carolina looked awkward on the ice. I don't get the praise. 

I've never liked her and I was shocked when she showed up in the team event that she is still around.  Something about her look, she looks like a horse.  Even more so than the original Horseface, Nancy Kerrigan.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

I get this burnt out at this stage of the Olympics, period.  

Whoever said the team event may be better placed at the end of the Games may be on to something.  I'm sort of confused as to why the ladies had a day off between the SP and FP compared to the rest the contests.   And it seems the extra "rest" time is creating even more mistakes. 

There used to be days off for all the disciplines, but the team event condensed the schedule so only the women have a day off now.

I laughed at Bradie putting on her credential to get ready to leave the room before Myahara got her scores.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Oh shut up Tara. Carolina is not that amazing. She was propped up in the short. Ugh. It's like watching a horse skate.

I wouldn't have said it like that, but I've never gotten the appeal. She used to be fast, but still awkward. 

Score shenanigans again. 

Edited by MaKaM
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, dbell1 said:

I liked Sakamoto much better in the short. This is like a toddler dance recital complete with silly baby costume and fake posing at the top.  And random birds.  Oh joy.

It's Amelie, so it's practically required to be twee as shit. You're not wrong, though.

• Love 3

It's better than the Kermit jumpsuit she wore at Europeans; but no, it does not suit the music.

The only time I ever want to see that thing again is on RuPaul's Drag Race.  That is the only place appropriate for that..costume.  And after seeing the new promo for Season Ten, it would fit right in.  Though I will say this - the costumes of today are way prettier than some of the montrosities we had in the past. I take into account that some skaters just don't have the big bucks for that kind of wardrobe, but they have come a long way.  I find the plainer costumes prettier than those that look like something the gypsy brides bedazzled.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, seltzer3 said:

WTF, how is her long program worse than Carolina's?

Carolina is artistic when she steps out of jumps and grabs her face, emoting. Caroflation. 

ETA, plus, Kaori is too young and not Russian to enough to merit high PCS. 

Edited by MaKaM
  • Love 6

So if she was not squeezing in all the jumps. she could have held that spiral?

I just noticed all the elements are green.  Didn't she miss a triple triple or triple double, where she only did a single triple?

Edited by elle
  • Love 2