Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E13: Million Dollar Night LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Yeah, Hero Ben's got this. Devon doesn't even have a flame.  Damn.  I'm so conflicted.  Devon's gorgeous and genuine.  Ben ruined life for Ryan and Chrissy.  Ben definitely has a journey.  He might be able to make a good argument.

Sorry Devon, Jeffy pissed on your kindling.  Sucks to be you.

I might have taken my pile with me to check for interference.  Maybe it was sprayed with something flame retardant? 

Ryan really looks like he thinks he's got a chance at winning.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Ugh... the twists ruined this season for me.  Two weeks ago I was rooting for Ben, but I just can't get around the fact that he needed THREE hidden immunity idols and a ridiculous twist at the end to get to the Final Three.  What a joke.  This isn't Survivor anymore.  I don't know what it is, but it isn't Survivor.

• Love 12

Yes!  I would have liked Devon to go to F3 instead of Ryan, because then any of the three could have made a case for why they could win.  But 50/50 chance Devon ends up playing in a future season, so I don't feel too bad for him.  And I'm rooting for Ben even more now, just because of the way the others so clearly rooted against him.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, susannot said:

Ryan will get no votes, unless a rogue jury votes for the goat.

The only way I can see that happening is if the jury really hates Chrissy or Ben and doesn't want them to get second place (like what happened between Jaclyn and Missy).

So add Devon to my dream season of Malcolm, Ozzy, Joe, and Jay.  He looks much better scruffed up and dirty.

Ugh... the twists ruined this season for me.  Two weeks ago I was rooting for Ben, but I just can't get around the fact that he needed THREE hidden immunity idols and a ridiculous twist at the end to get to the Final Three.  What a joke.  This isn't Survivor anymore.  I don't know what it is, but it isn't Survivor.

So is the final twist Probst reads the votes, Ben loses, but Jeff says "hold on!  In my hand is another advantage for the audience.  Hint hint, you get to cast a vote.  Hint, hint."

Damn, this twist is here to stay.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, ElleryAnne said:

Yes!  I would have liked Devon to go to F3 instead of Ryan, because then any of the three could have made a case for why they could win.  But 50/50 chance Devon ends up playing in a future season, so I don't feel too bad for him.

Yeah, he's got "return player" written all over him.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, lyric said:

Gross.  Do not like this final three.  Do not like this manipulated ending.

I don't think Burnett would have dreamed this would happen. The ultimate overdog, dead man walking near the end . . . and he gets a second chance to win. Shitty gimmick, but I don't think it was put in last minute with Ben in mind.

ETA: This is gonna happen next season? Fuck. Somebody explain to me why this series is guaranteed to stay, while fans of The Amazing Race constantly sweat their show's future?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I don't think Burnett would have dreamed this would happen. The ultimate overdog, dead man walking near the end . . . and he gets a second chance to win. Shitty gimmick, but I don't think it was put in last minute with Ben in mind.

I also think, with what Jeff said about liking Chrissy, and Ben that they probably expected those two to be more popular than they are.  But it seems like people are voting for one because they don't want the other one to win.

Next season won't be so bad with the twist since S36 already filmed before it was known.  After that is where it'll probably get really annoying and interesting.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Is Chrissy giving Devon a job or something?  Why the haircut?  

While Ive been rooting for Ben its a conflicted thing.  Good player as is Chrissy.  but probably dont like him personally.  So....suddenly I dont care as much.  well Chrissy will be insufferable and Ben is a fellow vet so...yea still team Ben. Barely

• Love 2

I’ve never seen the show work this hard to get the players  that they want to the final three. From hiding Idol after Idol right under his fucking nose, knowing that Ben will look, to puzzle after puzzle immunity challenges that they knew Chrissy would excel at.  I didn’t even watch the fire challenge. Didn’t have to. I knew how it would end. Devin probably got soggy kindling. 

• Love 8
Just now, Mikemc77 said:

I wonder if Ben would've lost fire if they'd come up with a new super secret. Giving him another chance

Like the guy but this is bs. They carried him to final 3 . 

I guess the same case could be made for Ryan...carried by Chrissy to the F3.

• Love 2
Just now, mythoughtis said:

Final 3. Again - out of these 3 - Ben. 

Overall- would still want Lauren to win. She also wanted college money for her daughter. 

She's a single mom too, right?

So Ryan's plan for jury management is to convince the jury he was calling the shots, even if it wasn't true.  But he thinks they'll buy it.  Yeah, this is going to go well.

Chrissy believes she played a heroic game and gives a shout out to moms everywhere.  Yawn.

I know that being unemployed is a Survivor norm, but does Ben really not have a job?  The way it sounds you'd think they are living in their car.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, me5671 said:

It's trash. I don't love idols but I feel like the reason idols and TC advantages stop at F5 is because you need to get through to F3 by virtue of either winning the challenge (in which case you have to vote someone out in such a way that doesn't piss them off) or... be taken by the person who does. It means you *need* that social game. This flips all that (not only for Ben but also for Chrissy, because she doesn't have to deal with the consequences of the F4 vote-out) and I'm not down with it at all. 

Ben's so got this and I'm so. annoyed. 

• Love 6

What a surprise that Chrissy brought up winning four II!  Drink!

And then we have Ben adding to the propaganda mentioning it for her.

I suppose it’s too much to ask for Jeff to ask Chrissy at the reunion “why do you think people dislike you so much?”

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

I'm going to be that person

i get so tired when people go why they need the money

it's a million dollars. we all  need it. i don't care. shut up about why you need it lol

Infuriates me to no end, no matter who does it.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'm going to be that person

i get so tired when people go why they need the money

it's a million dollars. we all  need it. i don't care. shut up about why you need it lol

Meh. It would have sucked hearing that from Jeff Kent or Jimmy Johnson. It would be funny to hear, "Y'know what? I'm good with third place money. Winning would be awesome, but I'm okay with just showing."

2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Chrissy looks like she's got this.  Lauren's got a great poker face.

Wow, they are really running this late.  We haven't even gotten to the jury round table, and it's almost 10.

No wonder Peachy talked to contestants during the show. He'll barely have time to talk to anyone at the reunion.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

okay time to see if i like this format a bit better.

I didn't mind it last season, but that had Brad in his Barney Rubble garb sitting there like a King-for 5 seconds, until the jury started laying into him.  Then he sat with his chin in his hands and half turned away from Sarah like a 3 year old when he realized this wasn't a clean sweep.

Side note, but I'm so glad The Amazing Race is starting in a couple of weeks.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Infuriates me to no end, no matter who does it.

yeah. or when people do it in their jury speech
I remember Jacqui saying well the reason why she should win was because she couldn't get pregnant. 
that has nothing to do with the game (I mean. i FEEL for her, don't get me wrong). but that' not why you should win. 

i know most people hate Chrissy, but if she can basically avoid using that, she'd get me vote. 

• Love 1