Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Stronger Than Ever

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Shame young one! No idea who John Mellencamp is? Am I old?

Ugh. I feel old today. I just realized I am old enough to remember when he added "Mellencamp" to his name..  When I bought his first album, he went by John Cougar. It was a fairly big deal when he decided to "change" his name, although he wasn't really changing it but adding his actual last name, something his record company fought when he was starting out. Then he was John Cougar Mellencamp, and now just John Mellencamp. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Anyone know what neighborhood Teddi lives in? Edwin work as an executive for a security alarm company but I don't see the Arroyaves paying for their house with their own money alone since Teddi's occupation is "fitness accountability coach" i.e. I don't think she's licensed/credentialed as a trainer (it looks as if she runs a website on which she dispenses exercise advice). 

Teddi would have been about 11 when her dad married Elaine Irwin (one of the more underrated pseudo-supers from the '90s IMO; I remember thinking she was gorgeous in the Pantene commercials when I was a kid), who herself was around 23 at the time she became wife number two. 

It appears Teddi herself has been married twice https://www.insideweddings.com/weddings/teddi-mellencamp-and-matthew-robertson/190/

Nothing about Teddi's personality strikes me as grating or problematic so far and I'm usually a fan of Housewives who are derided as boring (Kathryn, Joyce, Lydia). But I do find it notable that Evolution has gone four in a row for additions (Kathryn, Dorit, Eden, and now Teddi) who have brought considerably less ostentatious material opulence (relatively speaking) than their predecessors. 

Particularly when they tested women like this in earlier seasons 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/beverly-hills-socialite-christine-chius-931393

When Teddi was asked why she doesn't like to shop she indicated she is frugal.  I guess for extra money Teddi is now a RHOBH.

Thanks for the video on Christine Chius-I am so glad she didn't make the cut.  I find nothing more boring than watching women attend fashion shows.  RHONYC did it for a few years and Bethenny and Jill managed to make asses out of themselves and be disruptive.  Watching this woman get ready to attend the shows would be beyond boring.  Anyone who brags about starting to get their feet wet with fashion accessories in the $30-$40k range for a belt is desperate for some sort of acceptance.

Dorit is seems to me has quite an opulent lifestyle.  Her present home is listed for more than $10 million dollars.  Dorit and her family seem to have somewhat of a transcontinental lifestyle.  

I had a hard time keeping a straight face when I read the name of Mellencamp/Irwin's children's names-Hud and Speck.  For a model to name her kid Speck (a culinary term for fat) is really strange.  All of a sudden Teddi's trendy names for her children seem almost conservative.  

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Higgins said:

It was actually Johnny Cougar at first when "I need a lover" and "ain't even done with the night. His first charting singles in the very late 70s to early 1980s

Yep, and then later on American Fool - one of my very first albums. Back in the day I could not hear "Hurts So Good" enough. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I had a hard time keeping a straight face when I read the name of Mellencamp/Irwin's children's names-Hud and Speck.  For a model to name her kid Speck (a culinary term for fat) is really strange.  All of a sudden Teddi's trendy names for her children seem almost conservative.  

That's....interesting. I try not to snark on kids names but where did the name Slate come from? It's odd. Also, Teddi is now the third HW with a son names Cruz. Stephanie and Kameron from Dallas both have sons named Cruz.

• Love 5

My friends and I listened to "Jack & Diane" constantly. It eventually occurred to me that I found the song annoying. 

"Oh, yeah!! Life goes AW-on..."

is as annoying as

"Money can't buy you clah ass!

Money can't buy you clah ass!

Elegance is learned. Oh, yeah!"

• Love 5

I'm kind of getting the vibe from Teddi that she isn' going to fit in this group or maybe, with just one of the women. She seems fake to me. Like she knows how she has to behave to cause friction and drama to stay on the show. 

I'm also wondering how she made her millions.....by becoming an "accountability coach", or maybe her husband is wealthy, or maybe daddy gives her money?? She just doesn't seem to fit in this group whether its in a good way (liks Camille) or a bad way (like Brandi).

• Love 2

No... but even poor folks can take loving care of what they do have which shows a respect and appreciation of what they have. 

Hahhahahhaaaa! My boyfriend is basically "poor folks" and uses wire hangers inside his neatly organized closet full of well-cared-for clothes. What a disrespectful, unappreciative fiend! But then that closet is an inexpensive wardrobe from Ikea, so he's probably trash...as must be all of the dry cleaners in the land. Their customers should, like, totally boycott them -- and then revolt. (BUT...doesn't taking clothes to a dry cleaner, where these hangers come from pretty much, indicate a "respect" for the clothing? I mean, I don't do that ever, and I have some nice vintage things!)

I should confess that sometimes I order pricy Thai food and instead of serving it on heirloom Lenox plates, I eat it out of the plastic container they deliver it in, with a fork I stole from my college cafeteria back in 1992.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6

The Kelmsley’s renovated their kitchen, yet still have a bulky monolith microwave taking up counter space.... 

When Dorit and Jagger were sitting around the singalong, Dorit gave him a big smooch and the look that passed over Jagger’s face was funny~ he looked SO mad for a split second. Cute kid. 

LVP is classy and attractive but even though she looks good for her age there is something almost doddering and physically frail about her. I would love to see her ride her horse~ but only after she saddled him up and mounted him herself.... How old is she anyway? 

Erika blew her wad when someone mentioned her son last season~ Now that she has pulled all the stops on her slutty persona, it must be horribly embarrassing for her son. I bet his fellow officers get a real laugh from watching the show. 

• Love 8
On 12/19/2017 at 8:57 PM, Fiero425 said:

He used to be one of my favorites, but as an old man, he's turned into such a b!tch; getting all up in the women's $#!t! It's nauseating and I can't stand him! Kyle should have told him to go FK himself! ;-(

I get what you are saying, but that is some bat shit crazy stuff, as usual, that Kim pulled. She shouldn't be on the show and I think she is only still on it occasionally because Kyle is tired of supporting Kim. Kim has to bring in the $$ somehow. ... But, that was creepy as f for Harry to confront Kyle on a hiking trail about it. Kind of batshit Kim creepy.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Hahhahahhaaaa! My boyfriend is basically "poor folks" and uses wire hangers inside his neatly organized closet full of well-cared-for clothes. What a disrespectful, unappreciative fiend! But then that closet is an inexpensive wardrobe from Ikea, so he's probably trash...as must be all of the dry cleaners in the land. Their customers should, like, totally boycott them -- and then revolt. (BUT...doesn't taking clothes to a dry cleaner, where these hangers come from pretty much, indicate a "respect" for the clothing? I mean, I don't do that ever, and I have some nice vintage things!)

I should confess that sometimes I order pricy Thai food and instead of serving it on heirloom Lenox plates, I eat it out of the plastic container they deliver it in, with a fork I stole from my college cafeteria back in 1992.

I think I love you. 

• Love 5
On 12/19/2017 at 9:38 PM, VedaPierce said:

It speaks to their insecurity in themselves and their standing that they need these labels to scream designer to feel like a somebody. It also highlights their obvious lack of taste and education in refinement. Can anyone imagine Luanne pointing out 'it's Prada!' When given a compliment? Whose wearing who? Are you wearing Prada or is Prada wearing you? Dorinda-not Dorit-frequently wears high-end designers, but she looks so elegant and moneyed. Erika and Marlo look like trash with money. Sorry. :)

Okay, but I totally would have called out "It's Prada!" If it were me. I like the tackiness of those shoes and I mean why not. It would have been it's Prada, can you believe I found them at Savers for $20? But whatever.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 5
On 12/20/2017 at 0:33 AM, BBHN said:

What's wrong with looking like a drag queen? Much like the HWs need to stop insinuating someone's-husband-is-really-gay (especially on RHOA) as a type of insult, we really need to stop using looks-like-a-drag-queen as some type of insult as well.

I get where you are going with this, but Drag Queen is not an aesthetic everyone can pull off and if we want to really get into it and down in the pits, cis women dressing like drag Queen's is straight up appropriation.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8
On 12/20/2017 at 3:27 AM, Rosebud1970 said:

accents, traveling glam squad (to quote Dolly Parton--'it takes a lot of money to look this cheap') and piles of fake hair. And him with no real visible means of support and lawsuits up the wazoo that he's defending against.

And why is Kim Richards Kyle's responsibility to the extent that Harry Hamlin stalked Kyle on a hiking path and essentially threatened her? Kim isn't Kyle's dependent or her responsibility. She's a grown-ass adult who makes her own decisions, poor as they may be. He clearly has something to hide. What he did goes beyond defending Lisa, who is (or was) ostensibly Kyle's long-time friend.

I think it's because it is clear that Kyle is keeping her on the show. At this point all of Kim "friends" from the show are gone and it's Kylewho brings her back.  That being said, that was some menacing and creepy shit that Hamlin pulled.

On 12/20/2017 at 8:56 AM, Juliegirlj said:

So last season Erica was outraged that people might think she intentionally flashed her crotch to PK and how she would explain it to Tom, yet now she only talks about “DTS” lips, and other sexual innuendos. What a fake, desperate piece of trash. Same for Mikey. 

Why was Kyle blaming LVP for ruining her handbag?! I watched in slo mo and it was Kyle herself that knocked over a glass of wine! 

The Hamlin girls have the personality of a wet dishcloth. Lisa and Harry must be so proud.....

I think you can talk about having DSL and be sexual and still not want some friend's meatball husband to act like you were begging him for some. Maybe it's just me though.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

When Teddi was asked why she doesn't like to shop she indicated she is frugal.  I guess for extra money Teddi is now a RHOBH.

Thanks for the video on Christine Chius-I am so glad she didn't make the cut.  I find nothing more boring than watching women attend fashion shows.  RHONYC did it for a few years and Bethenny and Jill managed to make asses out of themselves and be disruptive.  Watching this woman get ready to attend the shows would be beyond boring.  Anyone who brags about starting to get their feet wet with fashion accessories in the $30-$40k range for a belt is desperate for some sort of acceptance.

Dorit is seems to me has quite an opulent lifestyle.  Her present home is listed for more than $10 million dollars.  Dorit and her family seem to have somewhat of a transcontinental lifestyle.  

Dorit and PK's house seems, aesthetically speaking, like a townhouse/condo. I don't really fault a large number of posters for assuming it was a rental. I realize that the square footage is probably substantial but, to me, the dimensions telegraph on film as cramped and the decor looks like it's been thrown together from IKEA. I also think the twisting, tight drive is really awkward and, although the teak reno has improved the back patio considerably, it previously resembled the courtyard of an apartment complex - all cement, very little greenery. Whoever pays close to eight figures for it is a fool IMO. I'd probably prefer the Edwards condo just because of the Brentwood location. 

Dorit does seem to have expensive clothes although I think she is increasingly trending into clownish Erika Jayne Lite territory. 

I think Christine Chiu would, if nothing else, have conferred some cultural diversity on the cast and, although I likewise have no interest watching the women sit at a ready to wear fashion show, I think the whole haute couture distinction could have brought a different/fresh angle on the conspicuous consumption. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 6

I think you can talk about having DSL and be sexual and still not want some friend's meatball husband to act like you were begging him for some. Maybe it's just me though.

We women have to act only a strict certain way if we we don't want to be treated like trash. Otherwise we're obviously asking for it and it's our own fault! Progressive! Also, false equivalencies are how we weigh whether inappropriateness has occurred.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Yep, so why would Dorit and PK need to apologize to him?

Pantygate was just Erika Girardi grasping at a desperate storyline. 

Pick a lane Erika,  either Tom is ok with Erika Jayne and her DSL, then why would he be offended by people noticing her lack of undies.

If someone else had referred to her overdrawn lips as "DSL", she would have been faux offended and demanded an apology.

Can't have both.

I can call myself fat and be insulted when someone else does. So yes. You can have it both ways. There are so many other reasons to dislike Erika, like her thinking women don't like her because they are all jealous, it could have nothing to do with the fact that she shows the depth of a kiddie pool and has the warmth of an ice fishing hole. Or that she pays a bunch of people to be her friends and believes the hype. Or that she likes to make people squirm and then sit back and watch their discomfort.

5 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

We women have to act only a strict certain way if we we don't want to be treated like trash. Otherwise we're obviously asking for it and it's our own fault! Progressive! Also, false equivalencies are how we weigh whether inappropriateness has occurred.

I don't have to buy into that narrative.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Meh.  Their renovations didn't look so great -- nobody is buying their furniture anyhow.  And heck, the fancy closet could have been designed by Elfa.  

It's still on the market ... for $1.8 million less than the original listing.

No... but even poor folks can take loving care of what they do have which shows a respect and appreciation of what they have. 

GOOD ONE!!!!

• Love 3

I don't have to buy into that narrative.

Was it unclear that I agree?

GOOD ONE!!!!

No. Plain hangers indicate nothing "unloving" about a person (except maybe, as someone mentioned earlier, Joan Crawford). Not even a person like Erica. (Making all kinds of assertions based on hangers does though...what I don't quite know but it's kind of icky.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

This difference Tattleteeny is I would bet my fortune on that you nor your boyfriend are pretentious jerks that brag about their money, drag a glam sycophant squad around to tend to your DSL AND hang your $2000 “designa” clothes on wire hangers! I love that one small comment about wire hangers has instigated an uprising. I love you all, I wouldn’t watch these shows if I couldn’t come here to read the snark!!!

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Was it unclear that I agree?

No. Plain hangers indicate nothing about a person. Not even a person like Erica. (Making all kinds of assertions based on hangers does though...what I don't quite know but it's kind of icky.)

Nope. I'm just stuck in argumentative mode and still arguing that point in how I am responding. Sorry. :(

• Love 3

Well, that is true, @sadie--thank you for the elaboration! We're more likely to brag that we got some whippersnappers to trade their SRO tickets to a show for the old-folks seats in the back (we want to sit, damn it--we've been there, done that in the pit!). Or that we ate pasta in front of the TV and got not a drop of it on said clothes or couch! And the closest thing we have to glam sycophants are our luxuriously long-haired cats who can be quite arrogant when they choose to. 

Nope. I'm just stuck in argumentative mode and still arguing that point in how I am responding. Sorry. :(

Hhahahahahhaaa! I'm stuck in "entertain myself until my 11-day-weekend starts" mode and perhaps I am not conveying my thoughts so well over here. Please carry on--I don't actually mean to sound mean, so I hope I haven't! (For the record: dry-cleaner hangers in a luxurious closet: admittedly certainly not what you'd expect of a fancy-pants glamour-bag. Irrefutable evidence of a careless, unappreciative asshole who respects nothing? Ahahahhhahhahaaa, no.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

LVP is classy and attractive but even though she looks good for her age there is something almost doddering and physically frail about her. I would love to see her ride her horse~ but only after she saddled him up and mounted him herself.... How old is she anyway? 

She is only 57!  She would look her age or younger if she would tone down the makeup and wear casual, current fashion.   Her hair is not youthful either.   She works out, you can tell by her figure and she rides horses.  Many think that is not exercise but it is, big time.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It's not just you. 

• Love 3

I'm so damn glad this show is back.  I live for these bitches.  I think Erika's gay squad would disappear if the checks stopped.  She's not the smart, witty girl who makes life fun.  I always thought if Madonna got a little more conservative (just wardrobe-wise), she'd be a little less ridiculous at this point.  EJ's meter is running.  My dream is that she does a duet with Kim Z. and steals Kim's royalties.  They were pondering a collaboration on wwhl awhile ago.

The horse storyline is intriguing to me.  There is no way Ms. Teddi Melloncamp has ever made one dime with a horse.  It's a hobby.  These people and their hard work ethic speeches kill me. 

I feel like both PK and Ken are fronting.  Notice that  Mr. Girardi and Mauricimo  (sp?) go to work everyday. 

Anytime someone wears Chanel, I cringe.  Coco was a Nazi sympathizer.

I don't miss anyone who is gone yet.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

VP is classy and attractive but even though she looks good for her age there is something almost doddering and physically frail about her.

I think it's a combo of her creaky old lady voice, aged stylings and the way she toddles around in those insanely high heels---that gal is in FuckMe pumps practically every scene! Which I wouldn't mind so much if she actually walked in them gracefully...she's probably lived in heels for so long that her body is begging for mercy.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

I think it's a combo of her creaky old lady voice, aged stylings and the way she toddles around in those insanely high heels---that gal is in FuckMe pumps practically every scene! Which I wouldn't mind so much if she actually walked in them gracefully...she's probably lived in heels for so long that her body is begging for mercy.

Can you imagine her feet? I don't even think it is so much that she looks "old" for her age, because, besides the tottering I think she looks pretty fit, my mom until she hit about 50 and quit smoking had that frame, and it tends to look delicate at that size. It's that she is so dated in her styling. But her husband is happy and she is happy with how she looks and upthread it was mentioned that guys just seemed to really like her, which I see, so whatever she is doing, works. (Women too, she may be a chess player but other women still like her.)

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, Wings said:

She is only 57!  She would look her age or younger if she would tone down the makeup and wear casual, current fashion.   Her hair is not youthful either.   She works out, you can tell by her figure and she rides horses.  Many think that is not exercise but it is, big time.  

I think it's the hairstyle. It's like the Seinfeld character that never changed her hairstyle and looked dated, so they tried to get Kramer to tell her it's horrible, and instead he loved it. Lol lol

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 10
Just now, VedaPierce said:

I think it's the hairstyle. It's like the Seinfeld character that never changed her hairstyle and looked dated, so they tried to get Kramer to tell her it's horrible, and instead he loved it. Lol lol

Yes.  lol  

She looks like a dowager in her THs with that black dress with a portrait neckline.  

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

I'm so damn glad this show is back.  I live for these bitches.  I think Erika's gay squad would disappear if the checks stopped.  She's not the smart, witty girl who makes life fun.  I always thought if Madonna got a little more conservative (just wardrobe-wise), she'd be a little less ridiculous at this point.  EJ's meter is running.  My dream is that she does a duet with Kim Z. and steals Kim's royalties.  They were pondering a collaboration on wwhl awhile ago.

The horse storyline is intriguing to me.  There is no way Ms. Teddi Melloncamp has ever made one dime with a horse.  It's a hobby.  These people and their hard work ethic speeches kill me. 

I feel like both PK and Ken are fronting.  Notice that  Mr. Girardi and Mauricimo  (sp?) go to work everyday. 

Love your avatar! Didn't know that about Coco! I learn so much here.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Wings said:

Yes.  lol  

She looks like a dowager in her THs with that black dress with a portrait neckline.  

I've always loved Vanderpump and probably always will, but she's always had an 80s Dynasty/Falcon Crest thing going on. Joan Collins, Judith Light, Judith Krantz, Danielle Steele, Celine Dion, etc. She would easily be a guest on the Love Boat and fit right in. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 24
24 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Or she wears them for filming and doesn't on a regular basis in real life.  Sometimes sure, but maybe not the 5" variety and not for very long.  I haven't noticed her tottering but I will now.  :^)

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

Well, Harry Hamlin sported a swastika tee in costume as Sid Vicious for a Halloween party not long ago. 

And this is the cast on which all of the women either sat silently as Brandi slurred "speak English! We're not in Miami!" at Joyce or actively scolded Joyce for objecting. 

Then there was Kyle's mocking of Carlton/Wicca. 

They're not exactly woke or culturally sensitive. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I've always loved Vanderpump and probably always will, but she's always had an 80s Dynasty/Falcon Crest thing going on.

Yes, I love her too.   Add a plumped lower lip giving her trout mouth, topped with light pink lipstick to complete the look.    

2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:
43 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

Coco Chanel had a Nazi lover and operated as a Nazi spy during WW II. She was terrible.

Well, I will stop buying her clothes now.  ;^/  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I still have a big "bunch" of them and can play them in my old car! The sound quality isn't so good anymore. 

Columbia Record House is looking for you!  haha  I'm shocked at the longevity of John Cougar's music.  At the time, I thought it was pure bubblegum and I was an eighties chick.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

My friends and I listened to "Jack & Diane" constantly. It eventually occurred to me that I found the song annoying. 

"Oh, yeah!! Life goes AW-on..."

is as annoying as

"Money can't buy you clah ass!

Money can't buy you clah ass!

Elegance is learned. Oh, yeah!"

He’s the guy who sings that stupid friggen “ditty”? I will never be able to look past that. 

I have the flu, so I didn’t make it to the halfway mark in this episode. Erika’s glam squad have outdone themselves with the Disney wicked stepmother black dress with huge muttonchop sleeves and conjunctivitis makeup.

Lisar is unsettling with her Yolanda-esque behaviour. Vitamin drips and momaging aspiring model daughters. She’s nuts. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

He’s the guy who sings that stupid friggen “ditty”? I will never be able to look past that. 

I have the flu, so I didn’t make it to the halfway mark in this episode. Erika’s glam squad have outdone themselves with the Disney wicked stepmother black dress with huge muttonchop sleeves and conjunctivitis makeup.

Lisar is unsettling with her Yolanda-esque behaviour. Vitamin drips and momaging aspiring model daughters. She’s nuts. 

Oh my God, you are so right, she's following the Yolanda playbook to a disturbing degree considering how much they don't like each other. Success at any cost I suppose.

• Love 9
On 12/20/2017 at 10:02 AM, VedaPierce said:

If Kyle freaks out so much because something got spilled and landed on her precious handbag, perhaps she should start carrying it around in a protective plastic bag lol!

reminds me of a character in a book that was so worried about getting her new fancy rain boots ruined in the rain, she carried them under her arm instead of wearing them. 

if it makes Kyle so upset when little life moments get her bag a little wet, dirty, used, whatever....maybe it's a little too much handbag for Kyle? When you grow up with Birkins, silly things like that wouldn't effect you that much.  

Kyle is so insecure, she definitely freaked out about her handbag!  Yeah she was walking around with that thing front and center the whole episode.  Really obnoxious.  

And the "THESE ARE PRADA!"  Uuugh I cringed.

On 12/20/2017 at 10:07 AM, Wings said:

Erika is humorless and takes herself seriously.  She does not get LVPs humor and takes it as a personal attack.   Then LVP dazzled Tom at dinner and he complimented her by calling her an alligator meaning savvy business woman.   He was flirting with her!  LOL  

I listen to Heather McDonald's podcast and she said that of all of the guests she has had, Erika was the one who had ZERO sense of humor.  Heather wasn't sure if she didn't get the jokes or what, but she said that it was like she is missing the humor chip.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:17 AM, janie2002 said:

Or how Schartz is completly inlove with her lol 

Or the time the 3 guys were in her closet and saw a topless or boudoir picture of her and were freaking out! I think Jax tried to snap a cell pic of the photograph. 

Hell my husband finds her sexy AF, even compared to Erika Jayne all done up in a sexy outfit

Ok seriously, those guys work for her - they are not actually in love with her.  It's called sucking up to the boss.

22 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

And an extra FYI....his partner is a known / admitted coke head. 

Who is that??  And does this person own half of the house?  I am very curious about all of this.

22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle has plenty going on the problem for the past three seasons is RInna is always starting stuff.  First with Kim and Brandi and then it was Yolanda and LVP and then Dorit, PK and finally Kim.  Rinna knows for these shows to continue someone has to offer to move on and no one has moved on as much as Kyle.  This stunt by Harry may be testing her limits.

I will have to disagree with you there.  She has nothing going on except for her "American Woman" show, which looks really really bad.

18 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Haha, are hangers an arbiter of "class" now? Nuts.

Whatever; I am not actually minding anyone yet, though I generally dislike Rinna (ever since Melrose Place!). Maybe I am getting soft in my old age. 

I don't know about class, but I do know that you should never use those wire hangers to hang up clothes - they leave marks and shapes.  My dry cleaner asked me to bring them back to him so they can use them again, they should not be re-used.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 7

I don't know about class, but I do know that you should never use those wire hangers to hang up clothes - they leave marks and shapes.  My dry cleaner asked me to bring them back to him so they can use them again, they should not be re-used.

True (though there doesn't seem to be an issue with my BFs clothes). I used to work at a dry cleaner back in high school and, oh my goodness, we hated when people brought them back. Well, no, that's' not exactly true: we only hated when the messy slobs brought them back--it meant an afternoon of untangling those damn things in a logic puzzle straight from hell. made worse if the little triangular paper cover thing was sill in the mix! Ooooh, terrible. We did not hate the people who returned them in an orderly fashion.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I remember being 3 or 4 and throwing a giant fit because my parents wouldn't stop listening to their John Cougar Mellencamp album and I wanted to listen to Pat Benatar and I was thrashing around on the ground screaming about how I hated John Cougar and they just laughed at me.

Funny, I still do this at the ripe ole age of 53 whenever I hear Mellencamp. I was never a fan.  

• Love 8
14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

You are exactly correct about the current state of models.  It is about Instagram posts and celebrity linkage.  There are some like Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid that got the boost but they have managed to work hard and have the special talent that is a model.  Then there are the cling-ons that on their famous lineage or are a sister act. By modeling standards Delilah is too short.  The big Dolce and Gabbana brag of Rinna's was a show that used celebrities' kids as models.  The Hadid girls weren't in it as it was too low brow.

I felt for the kid who was sick and mom was making her travel with her sister to check into a hotel room.   I think there will be a place for the offspring if they are willing to work-the Hamlin girls don't seem that inclined.  What ever happened to the children of the rich and famous going to college?  Certainly modeling can wait a few years.

This is the kind of work the Hamlin girls are getting:  

I agree that had Kendell and Gigi not had some inside help, it would have probably taken longer for them to get to where they are now. For example, Gigi was booking big runway shows and had a horrible walk, lol. But have improved which I think it evidence that they take their craft seriously. 

I didn't realize the runway show they walked in was for celebrity kids...I kind of feel like that doesn't count, lol. I have no idea what that ad is but it looks like the typical ad. All Rinna's talk but her daughters work all look like print modelling which isn't exactly the type of modelling that makes big waves on the scene. I'll revisit my opinion on their 'modelling careers' when I see them being recruited by top photographers and magazines to take artistic shots, exclusive interviews and when people put them on the cover of magazines and ads in hopes to boost their sales.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I will have to disagree with you there.  She has nothing going on except for her "American Woman" show, which looks really really bad

It's pretty sad if that clip was the best they could come up with to represent the show. That clip was as painful as Kyle's fashion choices.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I've always enjoyed Erika as a cast member since day 1, but she's definitely started to lose her allure for me now that she's so smugly lost in her own popstar narrative

Same here. She was more fun when it was just a vanity project she did on the side. Now she's trying to make it into a whole "thing" and I am rapidly losing interest. 

• Love 12