Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Whoopi's idea of humor ... who farted??  How original!!!

That's what I thought, but the two gingebrd men saying "who" and "what" threw me for a loop.

This from someone who 10 yrs ago proudly wore a Xmas sweater that said "Gingerbread men are hot." (Image showed one baking in oven)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I just played it back, she didnt say don't imply..she was setting us straight, because they have a meeting to say what clip is going to be shown, and snarly Joy said ( knowing this) well they didn't show this!! Trying to add something nasty to the conversation, didn't work Joy!

I'm so tired of Joy always being right, even when she isn't..anyway, I'm moving on.

I'm confused. Joy always being right even if she isn't?  Because she felt it was important to bring up the racist remark from the group? That's pretty important in my book. 

Love2dance   Hope I'm not one who didn't like Sara, I don't really don't remember but I'm old and like kind people most of all at this stage of my life  Funny also  

What Tig went through is nothing like what MM is going through I am scratching my head over that remark as much as the crack about her getting back at Louie CK.  Who says that??? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And before that, the look of disbelief when instead of making Tig defensive with that insulting question about whether the latest episode was a “way to get back” at C.K. and instead Tig says every single woman writer plus one, had experienced harassment or abuse, Meghan looked at her with disbelief.

I don't understand why Meghan seemed so shocked.  Every woman I know who has ever had a job, has experienced some sort of harassment or abuse.  Not everyone is fondled or raped on the job, but there are other forms of harassment. 

• Love 20
6 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

There's a photo of Joy grabbing Robin Williams' crotch at an event for Comic Relief that has been making the rounds. Whoopi and Billy are also pictured. It's just all so ridiculous.

At a Comic Relief event - one comic grabbing another?  It's only an issue if it was something Robin Williams did not want.  IF he didn't object, why would anyone else?  

It's unwanted, non-consensual sexual behavior that is a problem, not comedians goofing around with each other. Robin looks like he is enjoying it, everyone is laughing.  

• Love 19
9 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I didn't see any pot being stirred..Joy should know by now they can't show every clip, she's been there long enough! 

Of course Joy knows.  That's not what it was about.   And Meghan was absolutely being unnecessarily confrontational.  She always picks at Joy, nothing new there.

7 hours ago, imjagain said:

And Joy didn't imply that MM controlled what clip was shown. MM said , don't imply I purposely didnt show that clip. Joy just mentioned another nugget from these these people. MM tried to act like Joy went after her , that absolutely didn't happen.  

Exactly!!!

2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

This from someone who 10 yrs ago proudly wore a Xmas sweater that said "Gingerbread men are hot." (Image showed one baking in oven)

I think that sounds adorable!!!   I want one now!  :-)

• Love 13
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Love2dance   Hope I'm not one who didn't like Sara, I don't really don't remember but I'm old and like kind people most of all at this stage of my life  Funny also  

I don’t think you were one of them. At any rate, it is fine if some people don’t like Sara, or any other members of the View. I’m just gratified to see a big change in the discussion, and so many more viewers seem to appreciate Sara like I do.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I don’t think you were one of them. At any rate, it is fine if some people don’t like Sara, or any other members of the View. I’m just gratified to see a big change in the discussion, and so many more viewers seem to appreciate Sara like I do.

We are capable of change. Especially when they have their own thoughts and opinions not  talking points fed to them or have to "set us straight" 

really looking forward to Joe Biden 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

so many more viewers seem to appreciate Sara like I do.

I think Sara is adorable, and she's someone that I'd love to have as a friend.  She's fun, perky, a little goofy or nuts when appropriate, and has such a hearty and honest laugh.  I'd bet she's a blast after a glass or two of wine.  Other than Joy, Sara's my fav on the panel and she'll be missed during her leave.

This pregnancy seems to really agree with her.  She seems very happy and looks beautiful.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, backformore said:

At a Comic Relief event - one comic grabbing another?  It's only an issue if it was something Robin Williams did not want.  IF he didn't object, why would anyone else?  

It's unwanted, non-consensual sexual behavior that is a problem, not comedians goofing around with each other. Robin looks like he is enjoying it, everyone is laughing.  

Agreed. My girlfriend actually just showed me that photo and some of the comments saying that Joy was molesting Robin and Whoopi was right there.. Blah blah.. You know. Right as I was typing my comment. That's why that tidbit is kind of stuck randomly in the middle there like that. I was like.. Oh come on! Robin's take on things would be interesting about now. Sad. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Jaded said:

I couldn't make out who's house she said it was either even after going back and listening again.

She pulled another Bitsy--she said "My friend." Just like she "has a friend" who's been through this; "I have a very good friend" who thinks this way..."I have a friend" who believes this..."My friend had a baby..."

• Love 7
12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Thank heavens that was very odd for Joy and unusual. I see no pattern, although wish she hadn't.

There's a big difference between friendly hijinks involving professional (successful) comedians onstage/backstage, on the road, at friendly get-togethers, and what is allowed* on televison.  I saw Johnny Carson in Las Vegas in 1966 and was surprised at how filthy and hilarious (nonstop) he was.  I'm sure some of his fans would have been shocked (I was definitely entertained).   There's also the "no offense" aspect of this.   If Joy wasn't offensive and Robin wasn't offended...no harm, no foul.  

*Censors and viewers

• Love 15

Meghan is already getting exasperated and using her classic "I'm just trying to explain Republicans" and "let me just say something" lines.

And YAY JOY! Meghan says that liberals believe in the caricature of conservatives because of Roy Moore's wife and her ridiculous comments ("Our attorney is a Jew! I have a black friend!"). Joy said, "not all liberals think that republicans are like that." (Side note: if you have to point out that you have "that black friend" or anything like that I'm inclined to believe you probably are a bigot. Who the hell says shit like that?!). 

Meghan, most people don't live in a political bubble like you. Of course not all liberals think conservatives are like Roy Moore's wife. Why does that even have to be said? 

She goes on to say that if Doug Jones wins, "democrats will play this over and over and over."

Whoopi, sounding exasperated (FINALLY!), says "but nobody wants to play it over and over."

Please, powers that be, get Meghan off this show. She's set in her ways.

And I agree with Sara and Joy - the man sitting in the oval office has been accused numerous times and needs to be investigated by the ethics committee. How disgusting is it that we hold everyone else accountable for their actions EXCEPT the most powerful leader in the free world? Sickening.

On a completely different note, Meghan said she went to see the Star Wars movie with Sunny. I wonder what the off-camera Meghan is like.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Meghan is already getting exasperated and using her classic "I'm just trying to explain Republicans" and "let me just say something" lines.

I wonder if in real life Meghan revolves her life around being a Republican.  I have a friend who is a Republican who refuses to watch movies that star certain actors because she says they are liberal.  

• Love 6
Just now, susieq147 said:

I wonder if in real life Meghan revolves her life around being a Republican.  I have a friend who is a Republican who refuses to watch movies that star certain actors because she says they are liberal.  

I have a feeling she does and I know people like that. I don't get how people base their decisions solely on politics. Seems like it'd be tiresome and boring.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

She goes on to say that if Doug Jones wins, "democrats will play this over and over and over."

Whoopi, sounding exasperated (FINALLY!), says "but nobody wants to play it over and over."

I think she meant if Moore wins the Dems will keep bringing it up and Whoopi was right that it would be better if that didn't have to happen.

Ugh, that game with Jimmy Fallon was a total fail.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Yes, today it was interrupting Sunny with "If I could just interject...."  I SO wanted Sunny to say, "wait until I finish my sentence!"  Then a few minutes later, again "Can I say something?  I'm just trying to explain Republicans!"   Meghan, just because you're the lone republican, doesn't mean you get to shut everyone up.  And her idea that DOug Jones is a flawed candidate is ridiculous.  One issue voters?  NO, that's just the way republicans like to reduce everything to "He's in favor of abortion! Baby-killer!" 

Oh, and Meghan, Roy Moore's wife is NOT a "South Park Caricature"  of a Republican.  She's the actual wife of the candidate.  SO, yeah, SOME republicans DO talk that way!

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think she meant if Moore wins the Dems will keep bringing it up and Whoopi was right that it would be better if that didn't have to happen.

Ugh, that game with Jimmy Fallon was a total fail.

Ah, I stand corrected. I interpreted it as her saying they'd keep bringing it up to brag about it since the Dems supposedly can't win elections. But what you said applies, too. I'll have to re-watch that segment because I was typing my comment and watching the show in real time, lol.

The Jimmy Fallon game made me cringe.

5 minutes ago, backformore said:

Oh, and Meghan, Roy Moore's wife is NOT a "South Park Caricature"  of a Republican.  She's the actual wife of the candidate.  SO, yeah, SOME republicans DO talk that way!

I feel like she's insulting the intelligence of the viewers when she makes such sweeping statements like that ("this is how liberals view republicans").

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Haleth said:

14 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Ah, I stand corrected. I interpreted it as her saying they'd keep bringing it up to brag about it since the Dems supposedly can't win elections. But what you said applies, too.

And nothing will happen IF Jones wins. I recall her saying back when the VA, UT elections were happening, how she said it "would be telling" IF the Democrats did win. And when they did? She went off on a tangent how it didn't matter or some such, contradicting herself. Based on what she has said and continues to say, I predict SHE won't shut up if that pedophile* wins. Plus how she keeps distancing herself from Moore, saying he's not a "Real Republican," but a "Breitbart" invention or whatever, as if Moore is running on a third party ticket.

*I'm not a journalist, and I'm not making a report, so I don't have to say "alleged."

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12
59 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

<snip> Meghan says that liberals believe in the caricature of conservatives because of Roy Moore's wife and her ridiculous comments ("Our attorney is a Jew! I have a black friend!"). <snip>

15 minutes ago, backformore said:

<snip>

In this case, you don't need a caricature.  The reality speaks for itself.

• Love 14

Meghan McCain

@MeghanMcCain

A close friend of mines family lost their entire ranch in the California wildfires - below is the link to donate to Al who worked on their ranch and lost everything except the clothes on his back. Donate if you can

The family of a close friend lost their ranch.  OR   The family of a close friend of mine lost their ranch. 

Goodness gracious.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7

Sunny and Megan sat out the interview/game.

Id guess that whenever the producers or Whoopi, or whoever sweet talked MM into joining the show kept telling her “you are needed to help educate the masses on how the Republican mind works” and she has just never let that go.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, backformore said:

Wow.  Jimmy Fallon is scattered, hyper, frantic, like he's playing a character on SNL. 

Though I really did like his "Robert Mueller's coming to town"  song.  

I agree.  I used to enjoy his show, but he became more & more frenetic to the point that I only watch when he has a guest I like.  If he goes into a stoopid skit or game, I'm out!!!

• Love 4
On 12/11/2017 at 8:24 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is just a nasty person. What a bitch.. She keeps trying to provoke a fight with Joy. It is futile for her to do so...

"You're right, Joy, I just can't win against you."  So passive aggressive.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Yeah, I have really changed my mind on Sara the past year, I love her now! She is a doll and she does her homework.  Everybody can change. Of course now I hate Whoopie, who I use to adore, so what can I say. I'm fickle. 

I didn't hate Sara when she joined, but she seemed inconsequential at first. She's proven herself to be a key asset to the show over time. My opinions have definitely changed on her, Whoopi, and Sunny, too. I used to like Whoopi, not so much anymore. I couldn't stand Sunny when she first auditioned back in the Jenny McCarthy season because she acted like another Sherri Shepherd, but she eventually re-auditioned with her real personality and she's the best part of the show after Joy for me now. Just the fact that I like 3 co-hosts at once (Sara, Joy, Sunny) is pretty unusual for The View. Usually I've only watched for one, sometimes two people over the years.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And nothing will happen IF Jones wins. I recall her saying back when the VA, UT elections were happening, how she said it "would be telling" IF the Democrats did win. And when they did? She went off on a tangent how it didn't matter or some such, contradicting herself. Based on what she has said and continues to say, I predict SHE won't shut up if that pedophile* wins. Plus how she keeps distancing herself from Moore, saying he's not a "Real Republican," but a "Breitbart" invention or whatever, as if Moore is running on a third party ticket.

*I'm not a journalist, and I'm not making a report, so I don't have to say "alleged."

This is what I expect, too. As much as she says she can't stomach the idea, I'm sure she'll be all smiles tomorrow.

Joy was the best part about the Fallon game. I just love how she's open in her disdain for this show's nonsense, lol.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

"You're right, Joy, I just can't win against you."  So passive aggressive.

This says it all.  She has not come to offer a counter point.  She has to be right and she thinks she was hired to change minds. 

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

lol off-topic but I studied journalism in college and was a reporter for my school newspaper, so sometimes the "journalist" in me comes out and I'll say alleged. All the "fake news" stuff is particularly frustrating to me because I don't think a lot of people understand how journalism and reporting a news story works. But this is all neither here nor there...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

I tried to watch The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and I just couldn't do it. He always does that fake, forced laugh with guests and it's annoying.

I thought it was Jimmy Kimmel that was on, not Fallon.I feel the same way about him as you do.

I turned on it was about Moore, I hope he's defeated and we never hear his ugly name again. I used the FF and it was star wars, which I don't like, although the music gives me goosebumps. So today was a wash out...

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

You're right, Joy, I just can't win against you."  So passive aggressive.

She is setting herself up to be the victim.  If and please hopefully when (let if be soon) she leaves I'm sure she will say it was so hard be the only Republican, I felt picked on blah blah blah.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, backformore said:

Wow.  Jimmy Fallon is scattered, hyper, frantic, like he's playing a character on SNL. 

Though I really did like his "Robert Mueller's coming to town"  song.  

He's a strange one, I just can't take to him at all.

I do like Joe Bidan, so I'll record that. I can't watch this show live anymore

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't hate Sara when she joined, but she seemed inconsequential at first. She's proven herself to be a key asset to the show over time. My opinions have definitely changed on her, Whoopi, and Sunny, too. I used to like Whoopi, not so much anymore. I couldn't stand Sunny when she first auditioned back in the Jenny McCarthy season because she acted like another Sherri Shepherd, but she eventually re-auditioned with her real personality and she's the best part of the show after Joy for me now. Just the fact that I like 3 co-hosts at once (Sara, Joy, Sunny) is pretty unusual for The View. Usually I've only watched for one, sometimes two people over the years.

This is what I expect, too. As much as she says she can't stomach the idea, I'm sure she'll be all smiles tomorrow.

Joy was the best part about the Fallon game. I just love how she's open in her disdain for this show's nonsense, lol.

I enjoyed Sara from day one, for her joyful presence and sense of humor.  She was a delightful addition to the serious and  often combative tone.  That grew to profound respect for what she has been showing us this year. 

Bold. I love that too.  

I like moving into soft chairs and a comfortable setting.  I suspect this will disappear after xmas.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

She went to Columbia - not an English major, I would bet.

If MM read the comments replying to her tweets, I hope she received another kind of an education. 

• Love 4