Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Sorry, the "bye, Felicia" reference went right over my head!!  Can someone "walk me through what it means"?

I did a coffee spray doubletake when I heard RR say that.  To say Iaughed would be a total understmt.  I roared! I laughed so hard I had to go to floor, I was going to have an accident!  Omg best laugh of the day, and its FFFFFFFFFRiday!!!!!!!!!

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Well, yeah, I gotta give you that.  Trick is to know the interests of your guests, so you can veer to that.  'Johnny won a ring in the Superbowl!'  I know, too June Cleaver, but you get my point

Even talking about football has gotten too politically charged in my extended family right now. Oh and even the weather isn't safe, because it opens up a big debate about global warming (seriously, my family lives to argue)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, NeverLate said:

He was, but he's apparently very frail. He did send a Thankyou to Biden though, I thought that was respectful of both men..

Its comforting for me to know that when the sad time eventually comes, that MM will definitely have a stong ally in JB. His whole family would take her in if she so needed. Theyre just great people like that. Wont kick you when your down.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Its comforting for me to know that when the sad time eventually comes, that MM will definitely have a stong ally in JB. His whole family would take her in if she so needed. Theyre just great people like that. Wont kick you when your down.

Why does she need anyone to "take her in?" She has her mother; and she has her husband, who, ostensibly, is her family now.

She won't be an orphan. And she's not a child. Even if she acts like one.

Gah. Who was it that said that they couldn't stand Meghan's shrill screamy voice? Add me to the list. She was in fine form, yelling, even if she was laughing. Why does talking about sex make her uncomfortable? Before she married, she was all for talking or referring to having sex with previous boyfriends.

I did laugh though, when Whoopi and and Sara leaned into each other and laughed at Meghan's double entendre, when she started with her "Can I interject here..." when talking about...sex.

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, Tammee said:

She has her husband, and many good friends. She'll be okay.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Yes, when it very first broke, they read stmts from the victims lawyers, then one from his Lawyer  That was it, never to mentioned again.it happened on a day when someone more famous and ppl where shocked. But I dont remember who darnit.  They announced mysterious famous guy,then Batali, then a lil while later the tbird guy who I also cant remember lol

Thanks, Tammee.

Does anyone remember what day this was? I'd like to check it out, if I can find it. 

• Love 1
On 12/14/2017 at 10:41 AM, NeverLate said:

Question, is Fridays view already taped? 

When Rosie O'Donnell was on Season 10, she stipulated in her contract that the Friday shows were to be pretaped to give everyone a 4-day work week; they would usually double tape on Thursdays. They kept it going after she left, and I'm not sure when they went back to live Fridays. Maybe when Joy came back? The View has really branded itself as a political/current events in a way that it wasn't before, so it definitely makes sense for them to avoid pretaping when possible.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

When Rosie O'Donnell was on Season 10, she stipulated in her contract that the Friday shows were to be pretaped to give everyone a 4-day work week; they would usually double tape on Thursdays. They kept it going after she left, and I'm not sure when they went back to live Fridays. Maybe when Joy came back? The View has really branded itself as a political/current events in a way that it wasn't before, so it definitely makes sense for them to avoid pretaping when possible.

For the most part, Fridays has been live since Joy returned. If they were also live during the Jenny year, I wouldn't know. But unless it says "previously recorded," Fridays are live as well. How else could Joy moderate and the women talk about things that just happened?

• Love 6

Sara's baby girl was getting quite the ride today as Sara was bopping out to Darlene Love's "Christmas".  My mind could actually hear the l'il darling saying "Momma, slow it down...getting seasick in here!"

It's officially Christmas when Darlene sings.  Merry, Merry!

• Love 5

Pretty much a waste of show time, but Darlene Love made up for it. I'm always so impressed by singers who can open their mouths and produce such a big sound, seemingly so effortlessly.

Joy didn't wear her traditional tacky holiday sweater with the two hands covering her boobs! Boo, hiss!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

Pretty much a waste of show time, but Darlene Love made up for it. I'm always so impressed by singers who can open their mouths and produce such a big sound, seemingly so effortlessly.

Joy didn't wear her traditional tacky holiday sweater with the two hands covering her boobs! Boo, hiss!

Probably for the best given the current environment. It's hard to even take a step in public without being crucified. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Ugh, when they were talking about Christmas, and all MM can talk about is politics. "What I don't want for Christmas is for the government to shut down."  Jebus, give it a rest!

Yeah, that was a joke. Political families talk politics, thats why she's doing something she loves. Meanwhile Sunny and family all dress in onesies, poor Manny..lol! Ugh! 

• Love 1
On 12/14/2017 at 2:55 PM, Stacee said:

Whoa! I can't stand her but I may consider reading her book if she does write a tell-all!

She's always been such a liar that it would be an interesting book to pick apart--by those in the know.

• Love 3

I'm catching up now and Joy was hilarious on Thursday's show talking about Ivanka and the "happy holidays" tweet.  "She's as Jewish as Benjamin Netenyahu.  She's as Jewish as Roy Moore's lawyer."  ROTFL!

• Love 19
20 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Ugh, when they were talking about Christmas, and all MM can talk about is politics. "What I don't want for Christmas is for the government to shut down."  Jebus, give it a rest!

Yeah, it's getting old real fast

• Love 6
21 hours ago, General Days said:

Thanks, Tammee.

Does anyone remember what day this was? I'd like to check it out, if I can find it. 

I think it was the same day they announced I believe Garrison Keiler.  Forgive me if I got the name wrong.  They were talking about the first guy, which may have been Lauer, then right before the commercial, so they were rushing, they just read the announcement of Batali, and the third guy. Who may have been the conductor, or Keiler lol can't keep them all straight.  That makes me wonder if anyone has a master list of perverts lol lol lol

22 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why does she need anyone to "take her in?" She has her mother; and she has her husband, who, ostensibly, is her family now.

She won't be an orphan. And she's not a child. Even if she acts like one.

Gah. Who was it that said that they couldn't stand Meghan's shrill screamy voice? Add me to the list. She was in fine form, yelling, even if she was laughing. Why does talking about sex make her uncomfortable? Before she married, she was all for talking or referring to having sex with previous boyfriends.

I did laugh though, when Whoopi and and Sara leaned into each other and laughed at Meghan's double entendre, when she started with her "Can I interject here..." when talking about...sex.

Heehee yeah that was funny. IDK, its just going to be so sad, not to mention what we as a country will be losing. Even if I dont care for her, I do feel for her.  In that sitch only lol.  Otherwise she can't be gone quick enough.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Tammee said:

That makes me wonder if anyone has a master list of perverts lol lol lol

Actually yes. There is someone who has a list of all the harassers. Someone posted the link in the Everything Else TV forum. And frankly, I don’t think it’s something we should find amusing or laugh at. But that’s just me.

1 minute ago, Tammee said:

IDK, its just going to be so sad, not to mention what we as a country will be losing. Even if I dont care for her, I do feel for her.  In that sitch only lol.  Otherwise she can't be gone quick enough.

Yes it will be sad, but McCain isn’t unique. Senator Ted Kennedy also died from this. And he also contributed a lot. Meghan isn’t the first or only person to have a family member who has had cancer.  

And I am totally ???At her saying that she grew up talking nothing but politics hence why she’s now a “pundit” otherwise she would be in a different career. PUH-LEAZE. And of course what she wants for Christmas isn’t an actual present.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan isn’t the first or only person to have a family member who has had cancer.  

That's true, but we can still feel sad for anyone losing a parent to such a horrible disease.  I don't like Meghan (although she seems to be more pleasant the last couple of shows), but I have great sympathy for what she's going through.  She's obviously very close to her father.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

That's true, but we can still feel sad for anyone losing a parent to such a horrible disease.  I don't like Meghan (although she seems to be more pleasant the last couple of shows), but I have great sympathy for what she's going through.  She's obviously very close to her father.

That's how I feel, I don't like a few of the women on this show, but if a loved one of theirs had cancer, I'd really feel for them. We've all been touched by this disease, and it hurts, it really hurts. 

As for talking politics, my father and I always did, until everyone said shut up. I carry on that tradition now, with my son, until....

:) 

49 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

And she had my sympathy when she talked about it on her first day. And then she talked about it when Dolly Parton was on; and then naturally when her dad was on.

What I am saying is that she’s not an exception to being in this position. And my sympathy is gone after she continues to make it about herself.  She has a support system. Not everyone does. And now I’ll shut up about it.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Actually yes. There is someone who has a list of all the harassers. Someone posted the link in the Everything Else TV forum. And frankly, I don’t think it’s something we should find amusing or laugh at. But that’s just me.

Yes it will be sad, but McCain isn’t unique. Senator Ted Kennedy also died from this. And he also contributed a lot. Meghan isn’t the first or only person to have a family member who has had cancer.  

And I am totally ???At her saying that she grew up talking nothing but politics hence why she’s now a “pundit” otherwise she would be in a different career. PUH-LEAZE. And of course what she wants for Christmas isn’t an actual present.

That's  not what I found amusing..  anyone can write a list.  What I was amused by was the ridiculousness of the entire situation.  For a while there, guys were dropping right and left every night waking up to new names.  I'd imagine, that keeping a list like that, timely and accurate, would be a full time job. Also, the reason I wanted the list was to see if I could narrow down a date for General Days.

I was very sad about Ted as well.  What an awful ironic ending for the family.  Ted was finally coming out on the right side and he could have gone so much farther.   I just can't stand the constant changing of things.  She's not a Trump voter then she did.  She's not a Republican, but now she is.  I'm sure there's more.  I do admit MM has made strides and isnt 100%ugh anymore, maybe just 95%lol

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

50 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

That's how I feel, I don't like a few of the women on this show, but if a loved one of theirs had cancer, I'd really feel for them. We've all been touched by this disease, and it hurts, it really hurts. 

As for talking politics, my father and I always did, until everyone said shut up. I carry on that tradition now, with my son, until....

:) 

da da dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. *Alert*  Conspiracy Theory Ahead*   (ahem) clink the glass ¥ ok, has anyone noticed how for all these past decades (my whole life its been in existence) but the therapies and treatments didn't seem to do much to help (my opinion, not worth much).  But now, oh this last decade or so, there's been a whole slew of new trmts with better results.  In the words of JB 'Hope Baby Hope!'  (I added the last two lol)

44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And she had my sympathy when she talked about it on her first day. And then she talked about it when Dolly Parton was on; and then naturally when her dad was on.

What I am saying is that she’s not an exception to being in this position. And my sympathy is gone after she continues to make it about herself.  She has a support system. Not everyone does. And now I’ll shut up about it.

Your last line resonated with me.  Im one of those that doesn't.  You're also right, she does have her family and friends and husband who will be a help, yes.

• Love 1

The way the audience jumped up and down, clapping, hootin’, screaming and going crazy, you would think they won the lotto or a free round trip around the world. But it was for a...(waaait for iiiiit[in Shawn Spencer’s voice]) a spurlock? What the hell is that anyway?????

• Love 4

I hate that over the top screaming clapping hooting for whatever crumbs being doled out by the ‘sponsors’  hiding behind giveaways.  It’s so ridiculous and inappropriate.

Perpetuating the endless consuming - all that really matters is stuff and more stuff -  the constant promotion and normalizing of greed.  Interrupting  conversations with constant ‘oooh look more shiny things’ distractions  Yuk

Edited by Dahlia
Spelling check
  • Love 8

Yeah, I'm with you Dahlia, I am so sick of sell sell sell, crap crap crap....who can afford that junk anyway folks? Between MM being a total bitch and the hard sell of useless crap every 10 minutes and Whoopie being stoned, I am just about through with this show. If I didn't have a DVR I would never watch it.  I have to fast forward through 50% of it. 10% being that stupid "welcome to the view" bullshit. Okay, now I feel better. Bye.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The way the audience jumped up and down, clapping, hootin’, screaming and going crazy, you would think they won the lotto or a free round trip around the world. But it was for a...(waaait for iiiiit[in Shawn Spencer’s voice]) a spurlock? What the hell is that anyway?????

I must not have been looking / or listening so did a search... Nothing , so what was the audience giveaway?  

19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I didn't get to see Friday's show since I'm out of town for an early Christmas with family. Did Meghan really call herself a pundit?  That lady really has an inflated ego if she thinks she qualifies as a pundit. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I must not have been looking / or listening so did a search... Nothing , so what was the audience giveaway?  

On Friday's show, the audience got a ton of stuff. I can't remember all of it, but it was one item or a gift card from each vendor, it seemed to me to total a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff.

• Love 2
On December 16, 2017 at 1:23 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

So glancing at the list link that Gemma provided ( thanks!). you think it was " pup socks" you were hearing ?? 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, backformore said:

On Friday's show, the audience got a ton of stuff. I can't remember all of it, but it was one item or a gift card from each vendor, it seemed to me to total a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff.

Plus wasn't the audience all made up of military folk and their families. So that was a cool thing to do

• Love 1

There was a member of the show's staff in the audience who was in the military. I wonder if he was allowed to get the gifts too, being he was staff (set designer, I think?). It wasn't a contest, so perhaps he was.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

So glancing at the list link that Gemma provided ( thanks!). you think it was " pup socks" you were hearing ?? 

It's possible. I've since deleted the episode and do not feel like watching it on demand. Whatever the give away was, to me, it didn't warrant the level of excitement, screaming and clapping by the audience. Like I said, that reaction is if someone wins the lottery or a trip around the world. Not the cheesy ass gifts this show gives away.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Joe Biden met with each military member and first responder in the audience and their families and thanked them, after the show.

Wow.  He is one class act.  I know, you say well he has this in his past etc and that maybe so.  But I think it just contributes to the person he is today.  He gets it, and we (I) should be so lucky.  That actually made me tear up.  Big Big heart

• Love 13
On 12/18/2017 at 6:32 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's possible. I've since deleted the episode and do not feel like watching it on demand. Whatever the give away was, to me, it didn't warrant the level of excitement, screaming and clapping by the audience. Like I said, that reaction is if someone wins the lottery or a trip around the world. Not the cheesy ass gifts this show gives away.

I concur that it was pupsocks.  It was in Joys section, and I do remember her saying she wanted something for the animals..theres a website for the pupsocks but I didnt know if I could post it

• Love 1
On 12/15/2017 at 1:04 PM, General Days said:

Thanks, Tammee.

Ok I think I found it.  Its on the 12/12 ep, about 11:09 they tease it but this particular file  was hacked to hell and back with commercials so hopefully you can find a different one.  Jimmy Fallon was the guest.  They were all talking about Moore, teaser, thousand commercials.  Couldn't get through it hopefully its what you wanted  to see

6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Pupsocks has popped up on my FB feed a few times. They are cute, I thought about getting some for my kids who have dogs and cats, but $40 for a pair of socks is crazy. 

$40 ?!?!?!?!?!  shooooooooooooooooot thats puppyhighwayrobbery!  Just take a sock cut it up, sew up 3 short sides *poof* socks

Ok well, I think thats it for me tonight.  I don't know if y'all remember I briefly mentioned my 56 year old sister suffering from Alzheimers....well she fell and hit her head and has been seizing.  Tomorrow they are checking for brain activity. Brain activity. Brain activity.as in brain death. Im in shock. I got off the phone with Mom and we're just stunned.  I say all this to humbly ask if you see fit that you might say a prayer for her, add her to a prayer list or something.  Her name is Linda, and she is my sister. Please and Thank You.  Goodnight.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Tammee said:

Ok well, I think thats it for me tonight.  I don't know if y'all remember I briefly mentioned my 56 year old sister suffering from Alzheimers....well she fell and hit her head and has been seizing.  Tomorrow they are checking for brain activity. Brain activity. Brain activity.as in brain death. Im in shock. I got off the phone with Mom and we're just stunned.  I say all this to humbly ask if you see fit that you might say a prayer for her, add her to a prayer list or something.  Her name is Linda, and she is my sister. Please and Thank You.  Goodnight.

I'm so sorry, Tammee.  Linda and your family will be in my prayers.

• Love 7