Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:

Actor Anthony Anderson ('"black-ish"); View Your Deal, with hottest items at affordable prices.

Tuesday:

Jimmy Fallon (author, "Everything Is Mama"; "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon")

Wednesday:

The Political View with Former Vice President Joe Biden (author, "Promise Me, Dad: A Year Of Hope, Hardship, And Purpose")

Thursday:

Gwendoline Christie ("Star Wars: The Last Jedi"); Christian Siriano (author, "Dresses To Dream About")

Friday:

Nick Jonas ("Ferdinand"); Darlene Love returns for her 3rd annual performance of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"; co-hosts favorite holiday things under $50

Pretty decent week. 

I'm really happy the show has picked up Darlene Love as an annual Christmas tradition now that Letterman is off.  Her appearance always adds that extra bit of holiday sparkle.

Biden's always a pleasant guest and a gentlemen too.  Hope to see a LOT of him in the future!

Christian Siriano is a cutie, and it's nice to see his success after Project Runway.  Would like to hear a good update on him.

OK, View, ya' got me for this week.

• Love 7

Joy mentions a clip they didn’t show from the documentary in regards to the documentary about Roy Moore. Meghan says, “you can show whatever clip you want.” Joy and Meghan go back and forth about how short segments are and Whoopi swoops in to defend Meghan. 

Can Elsa not defend herself without Whoopi throwing in her two cents?

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopie seems annoyed at the record setting amount of ads, but, wastes two minutes at the beginning of the show screaming, "welcome to The View."

I muted her, then went back to recording it. Greta Monahan is on the darn show more than anyone..

Meghan looks great in red! Joy sounds bitchy today, that means the audience will be in for a treat! 

47 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Joy was great today. Meghan was bitchy. 

I guess I see it differently...

52 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I beg to differ. Meghan was the bitchy one today, because, Joy pointed out those people who were defending Moore had a man there that made racist remarks against Blacks.  Meghan was annoyed that Joy pointed that out because it makes her people look bad.. She does not care about the truth, just pushing her right wing agenda.  

Yeah, I didn't see that in Meghan, but again we see things differently

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopie seems annoyed at the record setting amount of ads, but, wastes two minutes at the beginning of the show screaming, "welcome to The View."

Of course, she's NOT annoyed* by the View Your Deal deals (ADS!).  She saunters by and grabs everything for her millionaire self.   Ain't she just SO cute?                                                                                            The show generously gives a $10 Banjees armband to audience mambers.

*But so annoying.

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is just a nasty person. What a bitch.. She keeps trying to provoke a fight with Joy. It is futile for her to do so...

Like a gnat flitting around a thorobred.

• Love 17

Last year I bought 6 of the Orbit key/phone finders for everyone in the family. (Full price, ugh.). I'd seen them recommended as an Oprah favorite thing. They work great but the battery dies pretty quickly and they are very difficult to open to replace the battery.  I don't think anyone I bought them for is using them.  Cute fob though.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

She just mentioned how polarized and divisive we are, yet most of her arguments start off with “as a Republican...” 

Does she listen to herself speak?

They need to put a jar on the table. Maybe a nice mason jar with the rubber lid.then anytime anyone says republican, or Fox News, (or any other appropriate saying) can put a quarter or dollar in the jar.  Amount to be decided.  When they're over the habit take the money and buy a round

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Last year I bought 6 of the Orbit key/phone finders for everyone in the family. (Full price, ugh.). I'd seen them recommended as an Oprah favorite thing. They work great but the battery dies pretty quickly and they are very difficult to open to replace the battery.  I don't think anyone I bought them for is using them.  Cute fob though.

I love my key finder, but it wasn't the make you mentioned. My battery also is a difficult to change, so we came up with a solution, hang. them. up!...lol

• Love 3

Oh my gosh Tig Nataro is one of my favorite comics I didn't realize she was on and have been  so curious what her reaction to Louie CK has been.  Threw quite of bit on light on the situation.  When she addressed it on her series I just wondered how it was going to pan out.  Loved how Joy started the interview with Anthony Anderson and Tig.  You can tell celebrities like her.  Whoopi almost seemed like she wasn't even at the table. Maybe she thinks Loie CK was just  being a bone head. 

Haleth when they had it on before I tried to get one on a site that has reviews and wound up getting different type with extra remote in case I misplace remote!! 

Sara looks  so pretty and am going to miss her and her not a mean bone in her body persona.   

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

She really is a gem.

Right. Not sure what is there to understand about them. It's pretty clear where their loyalty lies... 

But they put a clip up, was nobody going to say anything??

She wasn't rude to clip, Joy mentioned more, and MM said we can put what you like up, but they chose this clip. You can't put a 7 minute video up as Whoopi explained. I wonder if the rest is online? Anyway, she MM wasn't snarky about it, not that I saw. I think they are like most people of any party, they'd rather vote in a sock puppet than choose the other party( as sunny said, the other candidate had better qualities)...so that clip didn't explain much to me..which is what I meant upthread. ( sorry I wasn't clear) I'm just sick of it being a serious subject, and we get another , *buy this blurb*...or another giveaway! 

I'll miss Sara, imho she's the best of the bunch..

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

so that clip didn't explain much to me..which is what I meant upthread.

But Meghan has been "explaining" them for weeks now, that they'd rather vote for an alleged pedophile than a "pro-lifer" (her words). It can't be any more clear than that, in my opinion.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, lexytheblasian said:

But Meghan has been "explaining" them for weeks now, that they'd rather vote for an alleged pedophile than a "pro-lifer" (her words). It can't be any more clear than that, in my opinion.

Okay, I have never heard her say those precise words before. They chose to show a clip, and didn't Sunny say, I know I've asked you this before Meghan, so she answered a question!!. I guess I just use mute or FF when I don't need to hear something..

I didn't see any pot being stirred..Joy should know by now they can't show every clip, she's been there long enough! 

2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Okay, I have never heard her say those precise words before. They chose to show a clip, and didn't Sunny say, I know I've asked you this before Meghan, so she answered a question!!. I guess I just use mute or FF when I don't need to hear something..

I didn't see any pot being stirred..Joy should know by now they can't show every clip, she's been there long enough! 

And Joy didn't imply that MM controlled what clip was shown. MM said , don't imply I purposely didnt show that clip. Joy just mentioned another nugget from these these people. MM tried to act like Joy went after her , that absolutely didn't happen.  

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 24

I am so freaking tired of Meghan McCain being a delicate little snowflake. Grow up! Those people in the focus group - I almost couldn't believe they were real - people actually think like that. I was on-board with Sunny - I can't wrap my head around their points of view.

It was great to see Tig Nataro, although I haven't seen her show yet. It looks great though.

Edited by fishsanwitt
getting Tig's last name right.
  • Love 15

They were definitely looking for sparks by hiring MM. This is how she is, nothing new is being introduced if you followed her previously. She is so deeply insecure, but has been pampered and catered to her whole life. The years I have been following her have been full of back and forths. She does have points I have been 100% behind her on. But, damn is she unlikable. I don't care which side you are on, that girl is a straight up snot. And the video of the people voting for Moore was a perfect clip to show how divided we are as a country. You have to be in one sandbox or the other, and damn it, you stick up for your sandbox peeps no matter what. We've moved past the point of no return, and our consequences are going to be horrific. Bet. I really feel like we've been bumped into another dimension, and just don't know it yet. There's a photo of Joy grabbing Robin Williams' crotch at an event for Comic Relief that has been making the rounds. Whoopi and Billy are also pictured. It's just all so ridiculous. It's clear that Meghan does not rattle Joy one iota. Like I have said before, I think Joy likes it, and is actually probably a little bored with Meghan and would like a better challenge. I'm really waiting for Meghan to throw a tantrum and haul Mama out on the show to defend her. This was not the right fit for her. I don't know what she thought she was getting herself into. But I want fire. So keep bringing it Meghan and Joy. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I assume those were actors in Tig's clip?  Does anyone know where to find her show?

Her show is on Amazon.  Interestingly, the show also didn't play the clip of the man with Lou Gehrig's disease pleading with Jeff Flake to not support the tax bill so he can receive his treatments. This is something MM should be helping as she can relate to illnesses, Republicans, red states and politics.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Sara looks  so pretty and am going to miss her and her not a mean bone in her body persona.   

1000% agree. I remember when just a few of us stood up for Sara, and she was called an airhead by others. She seems to have really gained acceptance and approval. I will miss her.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

She just mentioned how polarized and divisive we are, yet most of her arguments start off with “as a Republican...” 

Does she listen to herself speak?

Or 'I'm a conservative," she just loves that word! 

I am happy thst Biden and Christian Siriano will be there. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

And Joy didn't imply that MM controlled what clip was shown. MM said , don't imply I purposely didnt show that clip. Joy just mentioned another nugget from these these people. MM tried to act like Joy went after her , that absolutely didn't happen.  

I just played it back, she didnt say don't imply..she was setting us straight, because they have a meeting to say what clip is going to be shown, and snarly Joy said ( knowing this) well they didn't show this!! Trying to add something nasty to the conversation, didn't work Joy!

I'm so tired of Joy always being right, even when she isn't..anyway, I'm moving on.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, fishsanwitt said:

I am so freaking tired of Meghan McCain being a delicate little snowflake. Grow up! Those people in the focus group - I almost couldn't believe they were real - people actually think like that. I was on-board with Sunny - I can't wrap my head around their points of view.

If it's this bad now, we can only imagine what it'll be like after her fateful day arrives.  They'll be handling her softly, for sure, b/c she'll be tender for quite a while after her father's passing. As others have speculated, I wonder if she'll continue on the show, or if it'll be too much for her sensitivities to handle.

--------------------

HoboClayton, I want to "like" your post X 1000!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Love2dance said:

1000% agree. I remember when just a few of us stood up for Sara, and she was called an airhead by others. She seems to have really gained acceptance and approval. I will miss her.

I was one of those who stood up for her. I will miss her while she is away.  I love her dynamic with Joy. 

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I assume those were actors in Tig's clip?  Does anyone know where to find her show?

Amazon I thought I heard them say. 

• Love 4

I took one for the team today and timed the commercials - 1000-1005, 1010-1016, 1020-1025, 1029-1036 (guest), 1036-1041 (guest), 1041-1047, 1052-1058 (sell). And that doesn't include "27" welcome to the View's, walking in, what we're not going to see, selling other things, wrapping up to go to commercial.....

Yet somehow MM manages to get pissed off once again and have a melt down. sigh

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I never called her an air head, but when she first started guest hosting, she did act like a flake. Everything was about her and she came off needy. That said, she has come into her own and proved herself and shown she can think critically and contribute to the conversation.

Today. Good GOD. Is there a day or show that goes by where Meghan doesn’t use the word polarizing, to make a situation that wasn’t, divisive? That fucking focus group-where ALL the women say they believe Moore’s accusers were paid. One wanted PROOF of his alleged crimes. The other didn’t think it was a crime Because there was no sex. And when Luntz bluntly asked her did she was blaming a 14-year old girl, Miss Ignoramus quickly says no! But then says she blames them both.??????

And Meghan REALLY does not want to talk about all these sexual harassment/abuse allegations. When Joy was asking Tig a final question about the work climate, she jumped in and changed the subject to CANCER, and made it about herself and how Tig’s whatever (I couldn’t make out what with her marble/mush mouth) and went on about how it’s helping her deal. You know because her dad has cancer. And before that, the look of disbelief when instead of making Tig defensive with that insulting question about whether the latest episode was a “way to get back” at C.K. and instead Tig says every single woman writer plus one, had experienced harassment or abuse, Meghan looked at her with disbelief.

And I cheered when Tig then revealed these episodes were written LAST JANUARY-9 MONTHS before the whole dam broke with Weinstein. And Whoopi didn’t say a WORD during that interview. Interesting.

Oh, the HORROR! Meghan was “forced” to say masturbating out LOUD! What a hypocritical prude.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh, the HORROR! Meghan was “forced” to say masturbating out LOUD! What a hypocritical prude.

I'm quoting and bolding this just because it's so delicious, GHScorpiosRule!   What I really should quote is this:

29 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I took one for the team today and timed the commercials

...and then there are those "billboards" that last the entire show every-freakin'-day: Whoopi wearing one of her gawdawful sweaters, $89.00 at Zappo*s (I wish I could remember which poster deserves credit*.)  She should have to pay the going rate for commercials.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DB in CMH said:

the inane lets all pretend Santa is real BS,

I have no problem with this since there can easily be under-5-year-old Santa-believing rugrats playing in the room while Mommy is watching The View.  In our house, we let Santa live for as long as possible!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Tunia said:

In our house, we let Santa live for as long as possible!

Some of my favorite years...maybe five...were when I continued to tell my two little boys I didn't believe in Santa Claus.  Every year they'd have strong arguments, trying to convince me.  I wouldn't budge.  They'd tell their friends and their friends' parents about their non-believing mother.  The best was when my son...maybe seven, said (gesticulating, hands outstretched), "But, Mommmmmm!  You know Dad wouldn't get us presents like this.  There has to be a Santa."

• Love 18
28 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

...and then there are those "billboards" that last the entire show every-freakin'-day: Whoopi wearing one of her gawdawful sweaters, $89.00 at Zappo*s (I wish I could remember which poster deserves credit*.)  She should have to pay the going rate for commercials.

What did that sweater even mean?

"Who cut the gingerbread?"

• Love 2