Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: How It's Gotta Be

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

I would have felt more for Carl being Walker chomped had he just died and they killed him right then more of them just dragging stuff on.

This was a slow boring episode.  Rick and Carol both vanished for most of it.

At least the King moved again and I was happy to see Morgan.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 13

Rick could have bashed Negan's head in with the bat and end it, but nooooo. That fucker is never dying.

As for dragging out Carl's death, I don't mind. I want Rick and Michonne to have the chance to say goodbye.

The only moments I enjoyed in this episode were Maggie killing the obnoxious savior and Michonne taking out the guy. Better than nothing, I suppose

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 23

Until about 15 years ago, if you were exposed to rabies and didn’t get treatment until she started showing symptoms, it was 100% fatal.  Then a girl with full blown symptoms survived it. 

Coral ain’t going to die.

sorry kids but I think this sucked.  Except Rosita being forgiving, Dwight and father per surviving.   I liked those parts.

why were the reclusive Oceanside ladies making a midnight beer run?

• Love 3
Just now, TigerLynx said:

Damn these idiots will just not shut up.

I couldn't finish this. Who the hell gave Negan a wireless mic? Just what he needed. "You DICK!" Now that is enough to strike terror into the heart of anyone. Ooh, name-calling.

Actually, the most interesting part was my closed captions (which I must use since I can't make out what the hell anyone but Negan is saying): "Crickets chirping" "Exhaling sharply" "Exhaling shallowly" "Guns cock" "Engine shuts off" "Negan whistling."  All that was missing was, "Talk talk talk talk talk" and "Simon grins evilly and twirls evil moustache and talks and talks and talks."

Shit. Utter, unadulterated shit.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

For years we have seen that Rick fight and kill so many men, suddenly he cannot kill one obnoxious one. 

Plot contrivance sucks.

The only thing I can think is that Negan actually kills Coral before he dies of the walker bite and that's where Rick's mercy line comes into play. JMHO

• Love 4

The ending was sad, I kept wondering why Carl seemed so out of it. Thought he was shot or something.

Other than that, this was a mostly pointless episode 90% of it was just boring speeches. Nothing really happened and, what little did happen was just dragged out.

I can't help but, feel these products are just creatively bankrupt so they just fuck with their audience.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

For years we have seen that Rick fight and kill so many men, suddenly he cannot kill on obnoxious one. 

It's totally ridiculous that Rick did not kill Negan in the House. The show has to increase the lighting budget. I couldn't see what was going on for most of the episode.

• Love 24
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

The ending was sad, I kept wondering why Carl seemed so out of it. Thought he was shot or something.

I think he was processing that he got bit, trying to go out on his own terms. And of course all of his letter writing. It's sad TBH.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

I would have felt more for Carl being Walker chomped had he just died and they killed him right then more of them just dragging stuff on.

They never miss a chance to lose the momentum.  

Just like they did with the season 7 cliffhanger.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

For years we have seen that Rick fight and kill so many men, suddenly he cannot kill one obnoxious one. 

Dunno, Rick had trouble fighting Dr. Pete and Governor nearly killed him. Rick IMO always seemed a poor CQC fighter unless he's cheating.

• Love 5
Just now, Valny said:

That was maddening that Rick whacks Negan with the knob of Lucille and not the damn barbed wire part!!!
I actually liked this ep,it kept my attention for a change.  

It's stupid for Rick to not have hit him with the barbed wire part. Rick looks stupid for plot. Like why even have him pick up the bat if he's not gonna kill him with it. So stupid.

• Love 24

Wow. You know the show is really ready to end, when Carl is dying, and my reaction is "eh". Yeah, he bugged me when he was younger, but I've grown to like him a lot the last few seasons. And yet, I'm just like, yeah, that sucks. I'm really bored with this show now.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Until about 15 years ago, if you were exposed to rabies and didn’t get treatment until she started showing symptoms, it was 100% fatal.  Then a girl with full blown symptoms survived it. 

Coral ain’t going to die.

Oh, if they try this, I will call BS. Even though I have come to like Carl, the Former Future Serial Killer, more than I would have ever thought during seasons 2-5.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

It's totally ridiculous that Rick did not kill Negan in the House. the lighting budget. I couldn't see what was going on for most of the episode.

I am one of the few people who still have a plasma tv which has deeper blacks so I can see it all clearly. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, shanndee said:

Well, that happened.

How does a show fall so far that I just don't care about something that should have been heartbreaking?

Because you're happy for Chandler that he's jumping off this sinking ship? That's my reason.

• Love 12

OK.  Against my better judgement, I watched.  What a laborious 90 minutes.  I will just say that SIMON should have been "the Negan". He is so much better at being teh Evul!

I somehow KNEW this would be another bait & switch season finale!  NO MAIN CHARACTER DIED IN THIS EPISODE!  Damn, show!  How many times do you think this same shell game will work?  It would have been better had they found Carl under a dumpster.

As a side bar... who the hell was that Savior that grabbed Michonne near the end of the episode and started monologing/taunting her?   Is that part of the Savior motto that all Saviors must berate everyone they encounter?  It was truly a comical moment.  Especially when Michonne goes all Ginsu on his ass and juliennes that guy.  She's as tired of their talking as we are.  

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, shanndee said:

Well, that happened.

How does a show fall so far that I just don't care about something that should have been heartbreaking?

This is exactly how I feel. Don't care. Sorry show but when you killed Glen you killed the show.

• Love 21

"Do you ever shut the hell up?!"  OK, I'll give you that, Rick.  Of course, you ruin by managing to get Lucille out of Negan's hands and you then precede to hit him with the FUCKING END OF THE BAT!!  I don't know, why not hit him with end covered in FUCKING BARBWIRE?!!!!  Idiot!!

Anyway, an hour and a half episode for the winter finale, so naturally that just means there was a lot of slo-mo shots of the characters starring into the distance (with maybe half of the actors actually pulling it off), and lots and lots of speechifying.  Negan, naturally, but Simon also gave him a run for the money and it felt like it took Eugene an entire hour to basically say that he's helping Gabriel escape.  Yawn!

So, basically the Saviors are more or less on a rampage now.  Alexandra's fucked, The Kingdom is likely fucked too, and Hilltop is back under Savior control.  Actually, not really since Maggie is finally doing something interesting and killed one of the prisoners to counter her man dying.  This is probably going to make Simon look even worse in Negan's eyes.  Oh, buddy!

Ezekiel finally wakes up and helps the rest of the Kingdom get out of dodge.  He's now a prisoner though, but it seems like Morgan might be gearing to help him?

Enid and Aaron are apparently on a quest to try and get Oceanside back on their side, but Enid just killed one of them, already.  Seriously, at this point, Oceanside deserves to unleash hell on everyone else here, and I'd root for them full-stop.

What happened to Jerry?!  Did he go with the Hilltop, gang?  I want answers!!

Hey, Michonne is slowly getting back to her normal self!

So, the grand reveal is that Carl was bitten (I guess when he was walker hunting with new guy?), so baring him miraculously being the cure that everyone was looking for, he's a dead man walking.  I guess they'll drag out his death for a few more episodes and maybe he'll get to go out in a blaze glory, but I have to think he's done for.  I don't see them jumping the shark and making him somehow survive.

Favorite part of this hour and half was whatever that new AMC show they were briefly advertising.  Have no idea what it's about, but it's got Ciarán Hinds and Jared Harris in it, so I'm already sold!

And... I've got the Talking Dead on and someone probably should explain to Scott Gimple and Chris Hardwick that Chandler Riggs actually isn't dying.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, MichaelaRae said:

Oh, if they try this, I will call BS. Even though I have come to like Carl, the Former Future Serial Killer, more than I would have ever thought during seasons 2-5.

See, that helicopter was USAMRID.  They will pick up Coral and take him back to the lab and make an antidote.  

Coral saves the world.

what exactly if this 90 minutes of poop and potatoes was so verboten?  Everyone know something would happen to Coral. 

• Love 7
Just now, Mu Shu said:

See, that helicopter was USAMRID.  They will pick up Coral and take him back to the lab and make an antidote.  

Coral saves the world.

what exactly if this 90 minutes of poop and potatoes was so verboten?  Everyone know something would happen to Coral. 

I could see that but Carl is still going to die.

1 minute ago, ShadowHunter said:

I did like Negan when Carl said he would die and he just shut up and listened.

As much as I hate Negan's yakking, when he says he likes Carl, I believe him.  I think Negan wishes he had a dozen Carl's, but he'll never have a soldier who fights for him the way Michonne, Carol, Maggie, etc., fight for their own because Negan's soldiers are hired psychos who only care about what they can get.  There is no real loyalty in the Saviors.

Just now, peach said:

They never miss a chance to lose the momentum.  

Just like they did with the season 7 cliffhanger.

So very true.

1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Enid and Aaron are apparently on a quest to try and get Oceanside back on their side, but Enid just killed one of them, already.  Seriously, at this point, Oceanside deserves to unleash hell on everyone else here, and I'd root for them full-stop.

I would to.  I couldn't figure out why Aaron and Enid thought Oceanside would want to help them after they stole all their weapons, and then they go kill the Oceanside leader.  To stupid to live does not even begin to describe how dumb these people are.

• Love 12

Did they explain how Eugene saved the Sanctuary? Dwight just said Eugene.

Where did all the workers go?

What happened to Jadis & the Garbage pail kids?

It's not clear why Enid & Aaron would go to Oceanside for help after they took all their weapons

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, jls1792 said:

Wait, they decided to kill off Carl? Chandler didn't decide to leave. Unbelievable. The comic fans will have a nervous breakdown.

Here is more from the Hollywood Reporter. Basically they decided to kill Carl to justify Rick leaving Negan alive. Unfuckingbelieveable!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-is-carl-going-die-chandler-riggs-exit-interview-1066031

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Wait, they decided to kill off Carl? Chandler didn't decide to leave. Unbelievable. The comic fans will have a nervous breakdown.

It was Gimple's idea because he didn't know what else to do,  The HR interview with Chandler is interesting.

• Love 5

Know what, I think that I am done. I committed to watching this whole season after bailing on last season, but I just can't any more. I will watch if I hear anything interesting or entertaining is going to happen.

• Love 7