Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: How It's Gotta Be

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

Also why didn't Maggie kill Jared? She chooses the guy that almost killed Jesus. Why not kill the guy that tried to escape numerous times? What is Jared, Jesus' ex-boyfriend or something? Is that why they're keeping him alive. The fact that Jared lives longer than Carl is a big WTF.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 13
37 minutes ago, KirkB said:

I was hardly surprised when the garbage folk turned tail and ran

They did? I just saw a bunch of trucks and cars ramming other trucks and cars and explosions and fire - amazing how much gasoline everyone seems to have. I kind of don't blame the GPK. Who would be foolish enough to follow Rick anywhere - Rick, who at least twice has had Negan in a position to be killed and... decided not to do it.

10 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Shut the fuck up, Daryl.

Amen. He only says about 3 words per ep, but shut the fuck up anyway, Daryl.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

Also why didn't Maggie kill Jared? She chooses the guy that almost killed Jesus. Why not kill the guy that tried to escape numerous times? What is Jared, Jesus' ex-boyfriend or something? Is that why they're keeping him alive. The fact that Jared lives longer than Carl is a big WTF.

Why didn't Maggie kill all of them, including Jesus? 

• Love 11
Just now, AngelaHunter said:

All this shock and mourning and big kerfuffle about Neil getting shot and the coffing and Maggie shooting the Savior as retribution and I'm wondering, "Who the fuck is Neil?"

He was probably one of the crew, and they just threw him in there for a red shirt, because God forbid they kill off any of the gargantuan cast, except for Carl, of course.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

Jared killed Young Benjamin last season.

• Love 6

So they let everyone else die? I guess we never see them anyway, unless they're needed to die, or be held hostage. 

Loved rick's line to Negan, but damn it, bash him in the head!!! The guy who bit out someone's throat, just hit him with the handle? Wtf? 

Glad that Maggie shot that guy. Glad michonne chopped that guy up. Surprised that Negan didn't think of the sewer pipes, but he's wearing so much plot armour, that it probably obscured his view. Aw, and now I see from TD that it was based on the Brits hiding in tunnels in the blitz. Members of my family survived that. 

I guess Eugene is ready to die. I feel bad for the actor, after the crazier fans went nuts on him. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Tesla said:

Who is Neil? I didn't know who he was in general, and I didn't even notice him IN THE CAR.  Good job, show.  

He was in the car? I didn't see him before he got shot, when he got shot or after and I'm wondering why Maggie is making a big fuss about the coffin for Neil.

3 minutes ago, peach said:

He was probably one of the crew, and they just threw him in there for a red shirt,

Thank goodness for this forum, otherwise I'd still be all pissed off and highly irritated. You all are my people.

sorry for typos. Guess I got drunker than I'd planned before watching this bilge.

• Love 11
Just now, AngelaHunter said:

He was in the car? I didn't see him before he got shot, when he got shot or after and I'm wondering why Maggie is making a big fuss about the coffin for Neil.

Thank goodness for this forum, otherwise I'd still be all pissed off and highly irritated. You all are my people.

sorry for typos. Guess I got drunker than I'd planned before watching this bilge.

He was the guy behind her that he shot? I guess? I had to rewind it because I was startled at the apparent 4th person in the car.  I still didn't see him while he was being shot, just a red mark afterwards.  Stupid show.

• Love 5

The winner of the Prettiest Eyes contest is Tom Payne! That is what they were doing, right? With all the endless, slow-mo close ups of everybody's eyes? Because I see no other reason for that, unless it was just to annoy me.

Ok, so basically, if you stopped watching the show 3 seasons ago and started watching again with 2 minutes left in this episode, you really wouldn't have missed a damn thing. I don't get it, do writers think that viewers enjoy the same storyline playing out for literally years? I remember when this show used to have me on the edge of my seat but now the villains are ridiculous, not scary, and the walkers are more like a minor nuisance. There's no tension anymore. And the last time I felt any emotion about a death was Glenn's fake-out dumpster "death". Since then, the characters have all become so annoying, I can't think of anyone I'd cry over. Even when I saw Carl's bite, I was just like "Meh."

I did get a chuckle over the car scene with Simon and Maggie. Me: "Why is there a random guy in the car and why did he suddenly get a speaking line? *BANG* Oh. Rest in peace, Red Shirt."

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 21
10 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

All this shock and mourning and big kerfuffle about Neil getting shot and the coffing and Maggie shooting the Savior as retribution and I'm wondering, "Who the fuck is Neil?"

Me, too!! At first, I thought they'd shot Jerry, and I swore. I thought mr luscious locks was Jesus, and I'd have been fine with him going. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Tesla said:

He was the guy behind her that he shot? I guess? I had to rewind it because I was startled at the apparent 4th person in the car.  I still didn't see him while he was being shot, just a red mark afterwards.  Stupid show.

Same here, that was Diane.

• Love 3

I'm actually at that part right now and I saw Neil exactly once.  He is shown for literally half a second and gives us the charming last words of "Oh, shit" and then sits quietly out of sight until his demise. ?

• Love 5

I was assuming Carl's death was going to occur because Chandler would be going to college soon. I can't believe it was Gimples idea. I feel like Rick hitting Negan with the wrong side of Lucille was the show's jump the shark moment for me. That was really beyond ridiculous. I'll still see this show through til the bitter end, but that doesn't mean that I'm not disgusted with the rut it is in now or its pacing. Gimple needs to be replaced as showrunner.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, Rachel RSL said:

With all the endless, slow-mo close ups of everybody's eyes? Because I see no other reason for that, unless it was just to annoy me.

This is the reaction whenever TPTB decide that they are artistes. No. No, you're not and the slo-mo, super closeups just serve to make sure the action - such as it is -   and momentum grind to a completely halt. [gunshots] [more gunshots] [crash] [explosion] My CC is more riveting that anything else I saw on the screen tonight.

3 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

I was going to ask who in hell SHE is, but now I'm too embarassed.

5 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

Gimple needs to be replaced as showrunner.

I really feel it's way too late for that and this show cannot be redeemed.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

I feel like Rick hitting Negan with the wrong side of Lucille was the show's jump the shark moment for me. That was really beyond ridiculous.

And then he ran away from his own house.  He. Ran. Away.

1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

I really feel it's way too late for that and this show cannot be redeemed.

Agreed. 

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, jls1792 said:

It would be one thing if they killed Carl because Chandler wanted off the show to focus more on school and try other things.  But since it looks like this was Gimple's idea it's just stupid.  There's a difference between taking a risk and doing something big and just going big for no reason other than dramatic purposes.  

Damn. I felt a bit better about it, because I thought chandler wanted to leave. Wtf gimple?!

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

With all the endless, slow-mo close ups of everybody's eyes?

We have now entered into '80s soap-opera-montage territory. Somewhere Frank Darabont is laughing his ass off at what a shitshow this has turned into.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 22

As I said in another thread, this is like watching the Andy Griffith Show for 8 years, and then they push Opie off a cliff.  Just because.  Oh, and Andy Griffith lets a maniac run wild over Mayberry and never stops him.

I will never watch this show again.  It's How It's Gotta Be.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Who the fck is Diane?? Lol for real who are these people?  Damn and the whole stupid thing was shot in the dark so evey time someone died I thought it was someone I cared about.  I didn't even catch Daryl getting his vest back and I thought at one point Siddiq was in the sewer with them.  

• Love 5

I just read that Chandler had just bought a house near where filming is before he learned he was getting killed off

Wow.  Just wow.  

Looks like he decided to take a gap year after he found out and is in LA right now doing music and other acting gigs.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, peach said:

And then he ran away from his own house. 

And isn't it lucky for him that when he crashed through yet another window, he didn't get all cut up? Of course, no one had time to put 30 or 40 teeny-weeny bandaids on his face this time. Broken glass doesn't cut if the plot cannot tolerate it.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Kiki777 said:

Who the fck is Diane?? Lol for real who are these people?  Damn and the whole stupid thing was shot in the dark so evey time someone died I thought it was someone I cared about.  I didn't even catch Daryl getting his vest back and I thought at one point Siddiq was in the sewer with them.  

Siddiq was in the sewer. Wasn't he?   And I missed Daryl getting his vest back too.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Anela said:

Damn. I felt a bit better about it, because I thought chandler wanted to leave. Wtf gimple?!

It seems like Chandler was going to go to college near where they film and he had just bought a house there.  Then when he found out he wasn't going to be on the show he decided to take a gap year before starting college and moved to LA to do music and other acting gigs.

So Chandler wanting to leave for school isn't what happened because he was planning on doing college until he found out and now he's taking a year off

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, jls1792 said:

It seems like Chandler was going to go to college near where they film and he had just bought a house there.  Then when he found out he wasn't going to be on the show he decided to take a gap year before starting college and moved to LA to do music and other acting gigs.

So Chandler wanting to leave for school isn't what happened because he was planning on doing college until he found out and now he's taking a year off

:( 

now I don't want to watch anymore of it. Poor kid. Thinks he has a future on the show, and they kill him off. 

So is that the end of Ezekiel, too? Is that why he's on TD? 

• Love 4

I have a feeling that the reason YNB and Khary were on TTD was because they couldn't get any other cast member to appear. It's just so hard to believe that NONE of the people who've worked with him since he was a little boy would be on TTD.  As for Gimple, try and keep him away.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, raven said:

It was Gimple's idea because he didn't know what else to do,  The HR interview with Chandler is interesting.

Chandler is now a grown man playing a perpetual pre-pubescent child.  The show has shot themselves in the foot by not only refusing to do a time jump, but having years of show time translate into a few weeks.  Kickass Carol is going to be fighting off these Saviors while MMB uses a walker, and Rick and Negan will be negotiating from wheelchairs, and it will be simply ten hours later in the same day.  It's a tricky concept, and even 24 didn't always succeed at it.

• Love 20

I dunno, I agree with all the criticisms but I still liked it, though maybe that's because I am kidding myself into believing that every second of every episode gets us closer to Negan dying, so that keeps me excited. But maybe he'll never die. Maybe they'll end the series 15 years from now and he'll be white-haired and limping (and still talking, but drooling by then) and starting a spin-off in which he will never die on our tv's until a world war wipes out electricity, but we'll still know he's there, hiding in the ether, just waiting for a future human to reinvent electricity, and he'll take up again in the middle of the sentence he was proclaiming when the power shut off.  ". . .Rick!"

I want to see an alternate universe Walking Dead in which they rebuild the world into something better.

RedheadZombie, I'm sorry I didn't read yours first.

Edited by picklesprite
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ShadowSixx said:

I like how they're trying to minimize Daryl and Tara's part in Saviors getting free. It is their fault and they're on my kill list as number one and two. Rosita use to be high on the list but she dropped down some. Daryl and Tara need to die.

The Saviors wouldn't have Eugene to help them escape if Rosita wasn't an incompetent and impulsive assassin.  Did that help her jump back to the top of the list?

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh good. I thought I was the only one with no clue who she is.

Count me in as another one.    No clue about Neil or Diane, whether or not I am supposed to care about them, where they came from, etc.  Clearly, they left a lasting impression on me.

• Love 7

I am not a masochist.

I am not a masochist. 

I am not..ah hell, I know you feel my pain.

All I want to do is throw a wild guess out there about why everyone keeps saying Eugene had this plan.  Negan had ask Eugene if he could still make him bullets like he said he could way back sometime. I don't remember the season.  I think part of Eugene's plan was letting Negan know, that of course he could make bullets if had the same place and supplies.  That's when, I think, Negan decided to use a ton of their ammunition to kill as many walkers as possible and use Eugene's music hook-up to clear the rest.  Remember right after he told Negan he could make more ammunition, Eugene went to his room and was going crazy from all the weapons going on and on very loudly.  I don't know if that makes sense, but it's how I took it at the time.

No joking aside, I will have to stop watching soon - because, you know, you have other things in your life (ha!) that might not be going all that well, and you wonder why you torture self with a show that is appearing to put the screws to the fans just for the hell of it.  There is only so much psychological torture a fan can take from a show.  There are no breathers, no little breaks, no even minor escapes from the constant biggest bully in world Negan (and his evil minions). It's too f'n much.

• Love 3

Gimple's a shady-lookin dude.  Did anyone catch him on Talking Dead, all jittery and shifty-eyed and not admitting exactly when Carl got bit even though it was on an episode that ALREADY AIRED?  Wtf is wrong with this man?

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, jls1792 said:

Gimple seems to be pathologically passive aggressive.

18 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Of course, no one had time to put 30 or 40 teeny-weeny bandaids on his face this time.

I legit LOL'd

• Love 4

Laurie Holden said that she signed on for 8 years and she was buying a house in Atlanta until she got a call and told that Andrea was going to be killed. It was done for shock value and nothing more and the show runner at that time was let go. Andrea's death being part of the reason why. 

It seems that no actor should buy a house near where the show is being filmed. That seems to be the kiss of death for characters.

• Love 12