Type keyword(s) to search

E10.S03 Chateau Get Down

• Start Topic

Porsha clings to her family after losing another friend, but she is shocked by accusations from her sister; NeNe is left home alone to fend for herself; Shereé plans to turn the Chateau into a disco palace, but her party planner leaves her in a bind.

• Love 1

Sheree's party planner was beyond unprofessional. Whether there was tension or not, finish the job. Unless she felt as if she was in danger, she should've seen the job through. It's her reputation on the line.

However! Given Sheree's shady dealings with party planners before, I thought it was another case of her card being declined or the check not clearing.

I don't know how I feel about Will, yet. I'll try to give him the benefit of the doubt since first dates are usually awkward, and it doesn't help that there's a camera in your face. I think they're still together, so good for them.

Porsha makes my head hurt. She wants her salon to be up-and-running in three months although she just told her business manager? I'm also low-key annoyed that Porsha and Lauren showed up to a business meeting casually dressed and they were late. Lauren looked like she just came back from running errands. But besides that, how much is Lauren  bringing home? If Porsha gets 85% of the profit, and I assume her business manager is getting a percentage, then what does that leave Lauren with? If it's as little as Lauren claims then Porsha can't say that the business is for "them." Not when she's getting such a huge percentage. And it's not surprising that Porsha just wants to be the face of the salon, but she doesn't want to do the behind the scenes work.

Nope, still don't care for Don Juan.

Nene and Kim didn't need to return. Show has enough drama without their caterwauling.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 16

I'm all for self-improvement, but Nene is putting on too many airs. Too many. The walk, the talk, the swinging hair, and everything else. The makeup is good sometimes, albeit too much all the time. Then it's horrid in the talking heads. Over the top fake.  She messed up her face.

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

However! Given Sheree's shady dealings with party planners before, I thought it was another case of her card being declined or the check not clearing.

That was my first thought, the party planner maybe did Sheree a favor by not calling her out on non payment, when you don't pay your vendors, they usually don't show up.  That said, the disco ball was hung, so who did that? 

NeNe confused me about Greg's symptoms, first she said he complained he did not feel well, then she tells Cynthia that he was having numbness and pain in his arm...Greg may have been having a blockage and the "operation" Nene was so dramatic about may have been the docs putting a stent in.  

Greg wanting someone there is natural but where were his kids, sorry where were Greg kids?

Again with Kenya's wedding dress, yes Kenya we know you got married, is she trying to get that dress a peach?

Nene's house looks so sterile, is she renting?

• Love 11

There is just nothing going on with any of these women.  It’s sad when you watch just to confirm that there’s still nothing going on with any of them.  Plus, we knew months ago that Greg is fine so even that little attempt at drama is a fail.

• Love 6

Looks to me like Nene and Kim have been shopping at the same wig store.  And Porsha is STILL a complete moron! Now I think Lauren is a bigger moron because she seems to go along with every half-baked idea dumbo comes up with!

• Love 2

So we got more of Kenya and her wedding dress again this week? Is it bad I laughed that her dog peed all over it? If I see that wedding dress one more time I might throw something at my television. Her leaving never ending voicemails about how great it is to be married cracked me up. It sounded so desperate and clingy. She told Cynthia they are having so much sex, but I wonder how often they are together in the same city at this point since she is filming. Kenya may have a great marriage, but the way she speaks about it sounds so fake happy and extra to me.

I was sick of Porsha last season. Her redemption tour is wasted on me. This whole salon idea sounds so ridiculous for someone like Porsha, but Oooookay. The only time I like Lauren is when she is yelling at Porsha. I know it will not last though.

I get that Cynthia's storyline is her dating, but I find it so boring. 

The first couple of seasons I could tolerate Nene more. I found her more amusing then. Now, I find everything she does just so over the top. She must be taking lessons from RHoOC's Peggy on how to explain a medical issue. 

Sheree and the party planner stuff seemed strange. I felt like I was missing something. I would not think someone would want to be portrayed that unprofessionally. Something must have happened if the party planner just texted Sheree hours before the party, that she was not going to be there and that Sheree could just pick up the rest of the stuff. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I wonder how often they are together in the same city at this point since she is filming.

They have a rental home in Atlanta, her big house is going up for sale. They will most likely live in NYC once filming of this show ends.

• Love 3

BRAVO should have kicked Kenya to the curb. Last episode we have to listen to her crying to someone on the phone behind closed doors about how upset her poor husband is about everyone picking on her marriage, then this episode we have to listen to her leaving voice mail messages for him. That's some riveting stuff, there. Oh, and let's not forget the conversations she has with Cynthia and Nene about him. BORING. She has nothing to give. Is she getting paid for that?  

Nene's TH's are not funny anymore. She's boring, too. I guess she wants to be thought of as a serious actress now, so no more screaming and yelling for the camera. It's not working.  I, too, don't think that is her house. Not a picture on the wall, hardly anything on the kitchen counter's. Supposedly she bought a 2 million dollar house, so where is it? 

Another party at Shateau Sheree and all the drama that leads up to it.

I guess Porsha is being given one last shot at trying to being interesting. What happened to Todd and all the baby making talk from last season? No more baby fever? 

This franchise has jumped the shark, time to put it to bed. 

• Love 8

I see Sheree's still bouncin' them checks.

Kenya, visual cues (a closet full of brand new clothes with tags prominently displayed, the wedding dress) and a script that repeatedly uses the word "husband" don't substantiate that you are really married. Nice try. Maybe you should get a job as a set designer.

Why would she be selling her dream house? She will lose money.

Wading through all the drama, I believe Gregg was simply having a cardiac catherization to see if he had any blocked vessels. One walks out and goes home afterward. My family member had small heart attacks, small strokes and bypass surgery and there was less drama. They sent him  home after the heart attacks and strokes, and he went home two days after the bypass.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6

While Sheree does have a history of not making her payments if that was the case, why would a local party planner would jeopardize her reputation by coming across unprofessional just to protect Sheree? Not sure if that was just for the cameras because the party definitely came together well and it looked like a blast. It's easily one of the best parties I've seen on any RH franchise where all the attendees looked to be having genuine fun.

Kenya is annoying. She just tries too hard. We get that you're married and you're happy that you're finally married but she's not going to be holding her peach for very long if she thinks she can make her storyline about name dropping her 'husband' and constantly talking about him when she doesn't even want to be shown on camera. Also, I think it's ridiculous that her being on TV and people talking about her (and by extension him) should be that much of an issue. Did they even talk before they got married? I don't understand how it makes any sense to know something about someone and disregard that only to make it an issue later on. He knew who Kenya was and what her life was like. A 2 second Google search would have shown him all he needs to know about what kind of attention Kenya gets (and how she behaves on TV). Now she's crying about not wanting a divorce over the situation...if the situation is severe enough to threaten divorce, how in the hell was it not severe enough to hold off on getting married?

Porsha is ridiculous as usual....how do you expect to get any business up and running in 3 months from the time you SHARE THE IDEA with your business manager? She thinks that she can find get permits, find a property, renovate, hire staff, train staff, promote, launch, etc. all in 3 months? Maybe she shouldn't let her sister do all the of the grunt work because it seems like Porsha 'the businesswoman' could use a dose of reality when it comes to business. Porsha's argument with Lauren just goes to show how self-involved Porsha is. The whole argument started because the two of them decided that it was going to be a joint venture and they had decided how each would contribute to the business to satisfy their part of the business. Porsha doesn't treat Lauren like a real business partner and that's likely because Porsha is the one that finances most of it...it was a simple point that escalated because Porsha never really listens to people before she responds.

• Love 13

I liked Cynthia's date. He impressed by not bringing his phone. I hope he's not too good to be true. I want Cynthia to have a nice guy after spending years with sour Peter. 

Kenya, on the other hand, what the what what is going on with HER relationship??? I think she sees her wedding dress more than her husband. That's why she keeps it hanging front and center in the closet, instead of boxing it up safe, like most people. And King peed on it because he's jealous of the new man of the house? That's never there? Suuuuuure, Jan. 

I mean, she tells people they have sex 2-3 times a day, but how? He doesn't even live in the same state! And all the hastily bought, tags-still-on clothing in "his" closet won't convince me otherwise. There may really be a man and they may be married, but something is "off" there. 

Porsha just makes me hate her more and more with each passing episode. I can definitely believe that she takes advantage of Lauren and Lauren does all the work, while Porsh gets the bulk of the money and acknowledgement. Porsh is truly a narcissist. She was not even about hearing ANY thing her sister had to say, trying to see it from another point of view. Porsh wants to act like "we this" and "we that", but it's not 50-50. Not cool. 

Party planner snafu aside, the 70s party actually looked like a lot of fun. I  hope Thelma enjoyed herself. 

Okay, I'm super confused. What exactly was wrong with Gregg? Nene originally said he didn't "feel good". She mentioned chest pain and numbness, but then kind of made it seem like he was being a hypochondirac because of his family history. She tells people he's fine, but then he "might have minor surgery in the morning"? She's at home, she's at parties....Gregg has to stay in the hospital because his heart rate is way too low? Now he's going to have a test...or is it a procedure? And she's not even there? I don't care that the time was moved up, she should have been there earlier that morning, to be with him, to calm his nerves. 

I just don't get it. I guess I can't judge without knowing all the facts. But they don't have small kids at home. It's not like she NEEDS to be at home. So I'm going to need someone to pull a Tamra/Bass Lake on Nene and ask her what the fuck she's doing. She makes for entertaining TV, but as a person, she really kind of sucks. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Sheree's party planner was beyond unprofessional. Whether there was tension or not, finish the job. Unless she felt as if she was in danger, she should've seen the job through. It's her reputation on the line.

Agreed. I would think a party planner would be used to dealing with high maintenance, demanding clients. Isn't that par for the course?

9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Kenya, nothing says loving caring relationship like long rambling voice messages made only for the camera. The more she descrbes her marriage the more I am convinced she is making a lot of the details of their relationship up.

Oh my gosh, those voice mails were so awkward. Like a 14-year-old and her first crush. Except that all your trial-and-error was caught on camera. 

7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kenya sure likes to use the words "my husband".  

"My husband likes a home cooked meal."

Me - Cooked by whom, exactly???

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

"My husband likes a home cooked meal."

Me - Cooked by whom, exactly???

Lol! Didn't Kenya try the old comedy trope of "cooking" for Walter in her first season by hiding the take out containers? I could be remembering that incorrectly, but I thought it was her.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Lol! Didn't Kenya try the old comedy trope of "cooking" for Walter in her first season by hiding the take out containers? I could be remembering that incorrectly, but I thought it was her.

LOL, I think you may be right! (But my memory is the worst, so we may need someone else to weigh in.)

But with THIS guy? Even with take out-fake-out, the food would be stale before he arrived. 

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

43 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

LOL, I think you may be right! (But my memory is the worst, so we may need someone else to weigh in.)

Yes, she did. She even went so far as to dirty a pan so it looked like she cooked. All on camera, no less. There is not a genuine bone in her lying body. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

If he owns a restaurant, wouldn't he want a meal made by someone who actually knows how to use a kitchen?

I certainly wouldn't want to eat from the same kitchen where dog urine-stained wedding dresses are scrubbed on the counter. 

• Love 13

I am questioning Porsha's vegan diet, does she understand the difference between vegan and vegetarian?  Those are two completely different dietary commitments and if she is doing one or the other to lose weight she should know being a vegetarian does not equal weight loss, cake is meat free, lol. Being vegan will annoy the sh*t out of anyone she dines with in a restaurant, she will have to give up anything with animal by products, no butter, eggs etc...even pop rocks have gelatin in it!

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did any of Thelma's friends or family get invited?

I have no idea, but it looked like there were quite a few people there, so hopefully. 

30 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am questioning Porsha's vegan diet, does she understand the difference between vegan and vegetarian?  Those are two completely different dietary commitments and if she is doing one or the other to lose weight she should know being a vegetarian does not equal weight loss, cake is meat free, lol. Being vegan will annoy the sh*t out of anyone she dines with in a restaurant, she will have to give up anything with animal by products, no butter, eggs etc...even pop rocks have gelatin in it!

Porsha is such an idiot, I would not be surprised to find out she thinks "vegan" means "no red meat". I do not see her putting in the time and effort to research just how prevalent animals products are in all that we consume. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Porscha getting 85% of the profits from a salon?  85%?  To quote Nene, “Girl 

, bye.”

Lauren needs to build her own life - for whatever reason, her sister has been allowed to suck up all the air in every room. Fly Lauren, fly!

• Love 11

I think all these ladies are still shell shocked over the ugliness of the last 2 years, especially last year..   I think they see from how Phaedra was rejected almost unanimously by the public that there is a level that you really cannot go or lose whatever brand they may have built..  So I think they are staying away from the real nasty stuff.. I have personally never been a fan of that nasty, fighting, slinging, drink throwing stuff myself in the reality shows.. I would rather see their up/downs on getting businesses off the ground, issues with putting on events.., buying homes, etc.. not the bitch calling, etc..

I think however they are doing some really poorly scripted scenarios that just seem stupid.  I agree this has more than jumped the shark.

I cannot believe how crazy and flaky Nene comes across.. Never cared for her in the first place but she is trying WAY to hard to make her re-appearance.   I mean she is coming across like an over the top "silent screen" star with all her crazy facial expressions, movements.  But she talks too and that comes across as desperate to impress as well..

So Kenya's entire year is gonna be handing around the closest giving soliloquies about her wedding dress? 

• Love 8

Maybe Kenya convinced her entrepreneurial “husband” that being on the show - perhaps a girls’ trip to his NY restaurant - would be good for business, but he soon figured out how much baggage came with the deal.

• Love 1

Does it seem that Porsha and the other HW's come up with business they want to open on a whim?  It seems like 12 seconds after they open them we never hear about them again.

I don't see a business plan from any of them, no market or location research, or relationship building with vendors etc...Is it just me?

• Love 7

I have Thelma's 70's costume but in mini dress form, those little glittery things fall off everywhere, the hostess of the party I wore mine to was really pissed off, she found them around her house for weeks.  Sheree will be seeing glints of sparkle around her house forever.

• Love 3

I was surprised to see Chateau Sheree so furnished. She had appliances and everything. I wonder what her side hustle is because her financial situation will always be suspect IMO.

I laughed when I saw the clothes with the tags on them in the "husband's" closet. I figured that for whatever reason, Kenya's husband didn't have any clothes there, so Kenya ran out and bought some before filming (and she'll return them later). What NeNe said -- that Kenya wanted her husband to wear new clothes when he visited her -- didn't occur to me.

• Love 3

Kenya carting around the wedding dress and rambling about a  man in the empty mansion is giving me Dickinsonian teas... "Mrs Twirlysham." 

Lord forgive me but Cynthia is boring and I feel like she could have been cut long ago. Even her dating is boring. They are blandly nice and compliment her, Cynthia has been a top model for decades; we and she both know she's beautiful. I think even she realizes she's boring which is why she only clicks with and likes outlandish or aggressive people like Peter, NeNe, Kenya, and Malory. 

Sheree is snoreville too. I don't see the need for a gossip or shit stirrer when most of the cast is outspoken and lack subtlety, jmho. Her situation with Bob and the kids and finances are sad and relatable but seem to be rehashes of stuff that happened decades ago and more suited for maybe a spin off or standalone show or a blog. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

What NeNe said -- that Kenya wanted her husband to wear new clothes when he visited her -- didn't occur to me.

I do NOT think Nene really meant that. I think she was saying that to be diplomatic, but was really thinking what we're all thinking! 

• Love 10

I really don't get why this show seems so boring.  I mean when they're all fighting, people get upset, and when they're not fighting we think they're boring.  Maybe what they need are new housewives.  

The best part of the show was Kandi sitting around with her staff; I could watch them all day.  

I LOVED the 70's party.  I was a teenager in the 70's.  Those outfits and the Soul Train line, brought back memories.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I mean, she tells people they have sex 2-3 times a day, but how? He doesn't even live in the same state!

They live in Atlanta in a rental home, filming is going on at the big house and he wants nothing to do with the show. I get the impression this amped-up “my husband” stuff is what she came up with for a storyline. Seriously, he probably cannot WAIT until she’s off this shitshow and his non-name doesn’t have to be brought up anymore.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I really don't get why this show seems so boring.  I mean when they're all fighting, people get upset, and when they're not fighting we think they're boring.  Maybe what they need are new housewives.  

The best part of the show was Kandi sitting around with her staff; I could watch them all day.  

I LOVED the 70's party.  I was a teenager in the 70's.  Those outfits and the Soul Train line, brought back memories.

Me too.  I find them entertaining and moving on up the ladder of success.  

Porsha is only  entertaining because she spends half if not all of her time trying to convince us that she is above the fray and no one dare question her-about anything.  Just a zero brained woman when it comes to business and relationships.  

• Love 5

Nene's house is gorgeous. It does seem impersonal though. Like a resort instead of a home.

Good for Carmen for branching out & starting her own business. I think she will be hard to replace. Her short haircut is super cute, too.

I would be soo annoyed if someone left me long, rambling voice messages. Are you trying to get on your husband's nerves, Kenya?

Sherée's got some good genes! Mommy is gorgeous! That's 70?!?! Ima need to see some receipts....

• Love 5
6 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

They live in Atlanta in a rental home, filming is going on at the big house and he wants nothing to do with the show. I get the impression this amped-up “my husband” stuff is what she came up with for a storyline. Seriously, he probably cannot WAIT until she’s off this shitshow and his non-name doesn’t have to be brought up anymore.

He had no problem flying in for a staged photo in front of the IVF clinic in Barbados that conveniently happened a day or two after people were wondering where he was. 

I bet anything Kenya is on the show next season unless fired and either she is single, pregnant and alone, or he is participating in her storyline.

The fact that she can' move from Atlanta is ridiculous literally the only business that keeps her in Atlanta is the show.

She still hasn't listed her house. Was it in worse condition than Chateau by Sheree? I hope she at least fixed that travesty of cracking driveway.

I have a few friends who are close with Roblé I should ask if they have any Marc tea.

• Love 6

The way Kenya is handling her marriage is just.... odd. I can understand him not wanting to be on the show, but the fact that none of the girls have met him off camera is strange. Why not have Cynthia over for dinner one night when he's in town? Even better, fly your father in, so he can meet the man you married! Kenya is really creating a toxic situation in her marriage that's completely unnecessary. She has the man starting off on the wrong foot with all her friends & family. I don't get it at all.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Nene's house is gorgeous. It does seem impersonal though. Like a resort instead of a home

Is it really hers, or a rental for filming? If you watch Chrisley Knows Best, it’s obvious they rent for filming. Nene doesn’t have two nickels to rub together, nor pay taxes.

• Love 3