Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

(edited)
15 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

i miss them already. 

Me too.  I feel a big changing of the guard coming on and it's very sad.  I know it happens and sometime change is good, but still, I'm going to miss them big time.  They each in their own way have made an indelible mark on who the squad has become.  I'll bet the kids are really going to miss Jinelle at the camps.

Edited by go4luca
spelling
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Me too.  I feel a big changing of the guard coming on and it's very sad.  I know it happens and sometime change is good, but still, I'm going to miss them big time.  They each in their own way have made an indelible mark on who the squad has become.  I'll bet the kids are really going to miss Jinelle at the camps.

I felt the same way at the end of the 5th season.  We saw Brooke and Tobie make the team the first year the show was on.  Trisha had made the team during the two hour pilot.  It's hard watching them grow up:)

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Haven't been hanging around for awhile - busy life. Instead of going back through all the pages, who are the Vets who are retiring?

Jenna, Jinelle, Robin, Chantel, Stephanie, Simone, Kelsey, Maggie, Cersten, and Bess. Alexandria left after the season started, Milan left in November, and Kalyssa left a few months ago or was cut. 13 spots are open if they go for a team of 36 again.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

I'm not a big fan of the blonde highlights/ombre. It looks almost frosted and isn't flattering with her coloring.

But I can see how the urge to change once you have control of your own look would make you go for something like that.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Just saw this....was she on the retiring radar? If she was I totally missed it.

Yes, she had not announced but was recovering from surgery. She is just now getting back into dance classes. No way she would be ready for finals in time.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was a binge watching weekend in my house.  I have to say, mind blown!  While watching the Jay grocery store episode (S6), I saw current DCC Lexie in Taylor's group!  I love going back and seeing things like that!  I didn't know she had been trying that long.  (Also, not a fan of the Jay working out segments, but love the grocery store one. )

Edited by Opine
spelling :)
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Opine said:

I was a binge watching weekend in my house.  I have to say, mind blown!  While watching the Jay grocery store episode (S6), I saw current DCC Lexie in Taylor's group!  I love going back and seeing things like that!  I didn't know she had been trying that long.  (Also, not a fan of the Jay working out segments, but love the grocery store one. )

I think you mean one year vet Jenna from Season 6. Lexie was not in TC in Season 6.

(edited)

Oops!

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I think you mean one year vet Jenna from Season 6. Lexie was not in TC in Season 6.

Gotcha!  That makes so much more sense.  I still enjoyed that visit!

Edited by Opine
Spelling :)
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

But wow!  I just pulled up the squad photos of Jenna Allison and Lexie Sullivan.  Glad they weren't on together because we'd have another twinning mess.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Jenna, Jinelle, Robin, Chantel, Stephanie, Simone, Kelsey, Maggie, Cersten, and Bess. Alexandria left after the season started, Milan left in November, and Kalyssa left a few months ago or was cut. 13 spots are open if they go for a team of 36 again.

AND if all the vets make it back. I have a feeling there are going to be some shock cuts. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Is anyone else still upset about the vets who are retiring? It's been weeks and I can't help but still feel bummed about my faves leaving (Jenna, Jinelle, Maggie, Robin, Stephanie, Kelsey, OMG THIS IS SO SAD TO TYPE OUT). For the first time I don't know if the squad will be okay. There's so much pressure on the few girls that are left to hold it together (Kashara, Lacey, Amy, Heather). (I don't mean this in a mean way & I hope it doesn't come off like it!!) Usually I'm bummed about the vets retiring but I'm never this sad about it! I started seriously watching the show during Jinelle's rookie season, so Jenna, Jinelle, & Lacey were all that were left :( Now that J & J are gone it's only Lacey that's left of the "originals" for me (SO glad she's staying!) Okay, long post, but I just wish everyone wasn't retiring this year. Wahhhh :( 

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

s anyone else still upset about the vets who are retiring? It's been weeks and I can't help but still feel bummed about my faves leaving (Jenna, Jinelle, Maggie, Robin, Stephanie, Kelsey, OMG THIS IS SO SAD TO TYPE OUT). For the first time I don't know if the squad will be okay. There's so much pressure on the few girls that are left to hold it together (Kashara, Lacey, Amy, Heather). (I don't mean this in a mean way & I hope it doesn't come off like it!!) Usually I'm bummed about the vets retiring but I'm never this sad about it! I started seriously watching the show during Jinelle's rookie season, so Jenna, Jinelle, & Lacey were all that were left :( Now that J & J are gone it's only Lacey that's left of the "originals" for me (SO glad she's staying!) Okay, long post, but I just wish everyone wasn't retiring this year. Wahhhh :( 

Long time (2007) watcher and fan and I have to say, I have little to no connection to the last few seasons. Jinelle is the last of the girls when the show was actually good...and I am not happy to be typing this.

• Love 5

The best season by far was when Danielle, Jasmine, Colin, Jenna, Chelsea, Emily, Jordan etc were in their rookie training camp. Was that season 7?

• Love 5

Selina is going into her third year? Anything is possible, but she’ll have to be pretty bad to get cut. IIRC she’s an excellent ambassador. She also has a career, takes criticism and coaching well and is very pretty with a more unique look. They won’t keep her just for diversity’s sake, but she’s got more pros than cons. I think she’d have to make big mistakes during auditions instead of simply being outdanced. 

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Emma C said:

The best season by far was when Danielle, Jasmine, Colin, Jenna, Chelsea, Emily, Jordan etc were in their rookie training camp. Was that season 7?

Yep, season 7. That’s my favorite season, and my favorite rookie class by far.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Jinelle is the last of the girls when the show was actually good

Was that the season Chelsea was cut in TC?

Edited by ByTor

I think Seasons 2 to 5 were the best seasons of the show. After the Season 5 mass exit of vets, I think the quality of the squad went downhill especially after the dreaded Season 8. I would rather see the number of girls kept between 34 to 36 instead of 39 especially when extra girls can lead to one year vets being cut the following year at finals aka the ones who barely made the team in the first place and were only put on the squad because of the vets who were cut at finals or Kelli and Judy decided they want a bigger squad.

23 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Was that the season Chelsea was cut in TC?

Yes the dreaded Season 8 was the year Jinelle made the squad and Chelsea was cut along with Danielle almost getting the axe at finals and during TC, and Courtney Cook leaving before TC started because of an alleged eating disorder.

Ive watched so long that I’m probably jaded, but it feels to me like every single year there’s a mass exodus of 1-2 year girls, and they’re left with a handful of vets. Everybody is always in “oh no! They have no experience or leadership left” but the team always survives. Sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker, but never disaster from a performance perspective. They’ll be fine. Kelli knows how to pick a team and Judy knows how to whip them into shape. 

• Love 18
On 5/6/2018 at 7:43 PM, go4luca said:

My daughter is devastated jinelle won’t be there. But she loves Heather and Kelli and I know Kelli is definitely doing camps again. 

• Love 5
On 5/4/2018 at 2:46 PM, bigskygirl said:

Jenna posted some pictures.

Is that Khalyn in the third picture. Do not like the dress she is wearing, but I think she looks better with her hair styled this way.

I admit I do not see her appeal either. The only reauditioning vets I am rooting for are Lacey, Amy, KaShara, Heather, Lauren, Christina, Alexis, and Lexie. I cannot remember the names or faces of the other vets trying out again.

As far as Khalyn...she is "HOT", I wish I had a body like hers!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Wait, is Molly retiring? (DCC Facebook post) 

No, I think they’re just moving on to other girls now. They might have covered everyone retiring already. 

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Emma C said:

Why is it referred to as "the dreaded" season 8?

The Morgan Saga and Morgan and Kaitlyn making the team over the three one year vets being cut at finals. In my opinion, I think is when the squad really jump the shark quality wise.

Edited by bigskygirl
15 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Is anyone else still upset about the vets who are retiring? It's been weeks and I can't help but still feel bummed about my faves leaving (Jenna, Jinelle, Maggie, Robin, Stephanie, Kelsey, OMG THIS IS SO SAD TO TYPE OUT). For the first time I don't know if the squad will be okay. There's so much pressure on the few girls that are left to hold it together (Kashara, Lacey, Amy, Heather). (I don't mean this in a mean way & I hope it doesn't come off like it!!) Usually I'm bummed about the vets retiring but I'm never this sad about it! I started seriously watching the show during Jinelle's rookie season, so Jenna, Jinelle, & Lacey were all that were left :( Now that J & J are gone it's only Lacey that's left of the "originals" for me (SO glad she's staying!) Okay, long post, but I just wish everyone wasn't retiring this year. Wahhhh :( 

I felt the same last year. This year I'm only sad for Maggie (she was definitely going to be point or at least in the triangle had she stayed for a few more years) and Robin. Jinelle and Jenna was expected so... but they definitely lost almost all of their actual performers in these two years. Yes the team always survives because duh, even the worst dcc is one of the best dancers (with very, very few exceptions). But that doesn't mean that a team full of Christinas and Savanas is equal to a team with girls like Mia, Emma, Jacey, JennK, Megan etc.

• Love 5
(edited)

Looks like Jenna is going to help Maggie Mandy with some choreo for the Raiders squad, per her Instagram story.

ETA: Thanks, @HowdeeDo!

Edited by cgloss
Because Maggie is not Mandy
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Looks like Jenna is going to help Maggie with some choreo for the Raiders squad, per her Instagram story.

*Mandy, unless you meant with DCC Maggie? 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, season 7. That’s my favorite season, and my favorite rookie class by far.

It's my fave season but mainly because of the length and the extras - swimsuits, breast cancer half time etc. 

I like it also because it went all the way into regular season as opposed to just the preseason home game. 

It was a strong rookie class but the longest lasting veteran was Jenna so in many ways I feel we look back on that class as a fan favourite because we got to know them so much better because of the extrended season. 

I liked the extended season last year on CMT but I hated the one cut per episode thing - I personally love not knowing how many would go at one time! 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Ive watched so long that I’m probably jaded, but it feels to me like every single year there’s a mass exodus of 1-2 year girls, and they’re left with a handful of vets. Everybody is always in “oh no! They have no experience or leadership left” but the team always survives. Sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker, but never disaster from a performance perspective. They’ll be fine. Kelli knows how to pick a team and Judy knows how to whip them into shape. 

Yeah and at the end of the day, its just dancing and some appearances. How much 'leadership' do they need.. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Ultimately the vets who stay the course tend to be the most dedicated. It's sad to lose people who could become great leaders but the natural turnover is important especially in such a tough squad with so much burn out 

• Love 3

I think Seasons 2, 3 and 4 had the strongest rookie classes. I did not care for Season 7 and the extra episodes because they were the same ole lather, rinse, repeat of earlier seasons. The swimsuit calendar shoot episode was bad with the we did the calendar shoot after TC was over, we only took the vets, and the bad reaction of the vets when they found out they were going on the shoot. Did they think the viewers and fans would not know when the calendar shoot really happened before tryouts started. I also do not think it was the strongest rookie class ever because there were ten extra spots open due to the fact five one year vets were cut at finals, and Kelli decided to expand the team from 34 to 39. In otherwords, if the five vets were not cut, and the team did not expand five extra spots, ten rookies would have not made the squad. And lets not forget the ole standby of yes you have made the team, but we still can cut you spiel.

5 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Ultimately the vets who stay the course tend to be the most dedicated. It's sad to lose people who could become great leaders but the natural turnover is important especially in such a tough squad with so much burn out 

Let alone doing the jump splits for 5+ years.  That's an accident waiting to happen.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I also do not think it was the strongest rookie class ever because there were ten extra spots open due to the fact five one year vets were cut at finals, and Kelli decided to expand the team from 34 to 39. In otherwords, if the five vets were not cut, and the team did not expand five extra spots, ten rookies would have not made the squad. 

I don’t quite get this -which rookie class is the best is a matter of opinion so I’m not referring to that - but the “ten rookies” issue. The 5 vets who got cut that year got cut in the same way as every other vet who gets cut at finals.  Agree or disagree with the decision, they got beat out in the votes by those rookies. It’s not like those 5 vets all broke a leg at tryouts, and the judges were forced to cut them - they just got cut. Didn’t 5 vets get cut in season 3 as well? Also, Kelli chose to take 3 extra girls that year. Nothing is stopping her from doing so any other year from what we know, but yet, that’s the only recent year that she’s chosen to go above 36. For the record, i think Emily, Teri, and Kim could’ve all been cut easily and the team would’ve been fine, but Kelli wanted them there. She wasn’t forced to take 3 extra girls.

• Love 3

In season 6 (after losing so many in S5), Kelly said she might take as many as 40 on the team.  I wonder if they will take more this season to try to build the future veteran groups.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t quite get this -which rookie class is the best is a matter of opinion so I’m not referring to that - but the “ten rookies” issue. The 5 vets who got cut that year got cut in the same way as every other vet who gets cut at finals.  Agree or disagree with the decision, they got beat out in the votes by those rookies. It’s not like those 5 vets all broke a leg at tryouts, and the judges were forced to cut them - they just got cut. Didn’t 5 vets get cut in season 3 as well? Also, Kelli chose to take 3 extra girls that year. Nothing is stopping her from doing so any other year from what we know, but yet, that’s the only recent year that she’s chosen to go above 36. For the record, i think Emily, Teri, and Kim could’ve all been cut easily and the team would’ve been fine, but Kelli wanted them there. She wasn’t forced to take 3 extra girls.

I do think some of the Season 7 squad was better than the Season 8 and 9 squads. Not by much, but there were a few standouts like Jacie, Olivia, and Carissa.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Seasons 2, 3 and 4 had the strongest rookie classes. I did not care for Season 7 and the extra episodes because they were the same ole lather, rinse, repeat of earlier seasons. The swimsuit calendar shoot episode was bad with the we did the calendar shoot after TC was over, we only took the vets, and the bad reaction of the vets when they found out they were going on the shoot. Did they think the viewers and fans would not know when the calendar shoot really happened before tryouts started. I also do not think it was the strongest rookie class ever because there were ten extra spots open due to the fact five one year vets were cut at finals, and Kelli decided to expand the team from 34 to 39. In otherwords, if the five vets were not cut, and the team did not expand five extra spots, ten rookies would have not made the squad. And lets not forget the ole standby of yes you have made the team, but we still can cut you spiel.

Everyone here knows that the timing of the calendar was faked in that episode, but they did that for the sake of continuity since the average viewer doesn’t know the DCC timeline the way we do. It doesn’t change or affect the content of the episode in any way. So why does it matter exactly? Most of us still enjoyed getting to see the calendar trip, regardless of the way they broached the subject. I’d go so far as to say it’s one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

• Love 13
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

Everyone here knows that the timing of the calendar was faked in that episode, but they did that for the sake of continuity since the average viewer doesn’t know the DCC timeline the way we do. It doesn’t change or affect the content of the episode in any way. So why does it matter exactly? Most of us still enjoyed getting to see the calendar trip, regardless of the way they broached the subject. I’d go so far as to say it’s one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

Is Season 7 the one where they did the crazy Victoria's Secret style swimsuit show on the Calendar shoot?  I remember LMAO at Kelli peering under the curtain trying to see through all the pea soup fog FX Kitty thought would be cool to add.  If so, then this season was one of my favs.  Schram was a hoot and seemed like a fun girl to hang out with.  Much like Maggie does to me now.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

I agree.  I knew the timeline had been skewed and I thoroughly got a kick out of seeing the calendar shoot.  This was back before social media was a real big thing and we never got coverage beyond the pictures posted to the old DCC website of the shoot.  It was also a nice change up to the regular old season.  Nothing will ever beat my "Holy shit, they look like hookers!" exclamation upon seeing whoever it was in those black bikinis and thigh high black patent pleather boots.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I felt the same last year. This year I'm only sad for Maggie (she was definitely going to be point or at least in the triangle had she stayed for a few more years) and Robin. Jinelle and Jenna was expected so... but they definitely lost almost all of their actual performers in these two years. Yes the team always survives because duh, even the worst dcc is one of the best dancers (with very, very few exceptions). But that doesn't mean that a team full of Christinas and Savanas is equal to a team with girls like Mia, Emma, Jacey, JennK, Megan etc.

Exactly what I mean but it's hard to put into words! Thank you!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Opine said:

In season 6 (after losing so many in S5), Kelly said she might take as many as 40 on the team.  I wonder if they will take more this season to try to build the future veteran groups.

That was before they had to pay them for practice, etc., too. I doubt if they ever have a team that big again.

• Love 1

While on the topic of our favorite seasons, my all-time favorite year was season 9. I liked how there was a small rookie class of only 10 girls. Breelan and Ashley Pro were the sweetest underdogs and I was so happy for them when they made it! Erica and Melissa were both great and had future point potential. I really liked the rest of the girls too, like Loren, Courtney, and Caila.