Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: The Ties that Bind

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Normally, I wouldn't bat an eye at someone eating fake butter. But this is Leah's child. We all know Leah was out of it and Gracie took charge. Addie has been shown eating sugar packets, frosting out of a can, canned Ravioli at midnight, countless sugary drinks, soda, and junk food from the gas station, fast food, Cheetos, and who can forget the smores where the chocolate wasn't even melted and the cold Chunky soup from a can. C'mon now! Cold soup and unmelted chocolate? I guess Addie is used to that crazy diet because she was left with Gracie as her mother and a refrigerator that was empty half the time. Remember when Gracie yelled out there was nothing to drink as she looked in the refrigerator? Addie's survival skills must have kicked in at such a young age that she learned to eat what was available. The tub of fake butter probably kept her tummy full many nights. 

Did Leah mention anything about that scene on her Twitter? 

Too bad addie doesnt have a cory and miranda to make her breakfast like the girlses do. Although, jeremys mom seems pretty decent and involved with her grandchild when she sees her. Hopefully she gets a homecooked meal, butter spread on some toast, and water!!! Those fucking kids NEVER drink water...

• Love 14
(edited)

Well, she's supposed to see it, because she is Addie's mother.  Maybe no one told her that.  

Leah was probably in the kitchen when Addie got tired of waiting for dinner and decided to have a snack in the meantime. lol Obviously, this kid has been eating butter like this for a while now. The way she dug in and took out that glob, it was so natural to her. Leah is just playing as if she doesn't know. 

As for the cussing on the school bus, maybe Leah needs to be shown some old footage to remind her of why her kids cuss: 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Sprockets said:

There was a rumor that he was actively tryng to impregnate several girls so as to stay on the show.  I don't do social media at all, so I don't know where that came from, but if its true he is exctly the screwed up toad I think he is.  And his lips gross me out.  

At least his lips are (presumably) real. Haha.

• Love 1
On 11/7/2017 at 9:18 PM, Sprockets said:

He feels things and he cries a lot.  No sale.  Meanwhile he is still making one bad decision after another (Briana).  Actions speak louder than dramastics.  

Well, she's supposed to see it, because she is Addie's mother.  Maybe no one told her that.  

Not every man could love another man's child, the way Javi loves and includes Issac in his life. To me, that action takes a large heart. I know that Javi has made/continues to make (Brianna) bad choices, but I have high hopes that this will change as he matures. Not any of us are perfect,in the way we act or the way we look. I have posted before that I don't like to make fun of the way people were born, but that's just me :) Now if you screw up your looks because of some plastic work that you got done, and NOT because it was to correct some sort of terrible flaw you were born with,then that is another story. Snark away!

• Love 19
9 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Some schools really encourage riding the bus on the first day. School parking can be insane to the point that the busses can't get through. 

$5 says Leah probably isn't allowed to drive them to school because they'd never make it on time.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Leah was probably in the kitchen when Addie got tired of waiting for dinner and decided to have a snack in the meantime. lol Obviously, this kid has been eating butter like this for a while now. The way she dug in and took out that glob, it was so natural to her. Leah is just playing as if she doesn't know. 

As for the cussing on the school bus, maybe Leah needs to be shown some old footage to remind her of why her kids cuss: 

Classic!! I had forgotten that she was smoking cigs in the car with the girlses too...not the first time either, i think mtv had another clip of her with the girlses and smoking in the car ?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JuliesMommy said:

Too bad addie doesnt have a cory and miranda to make her breakfast like the girlses do. Although, jeremys mom seems pretty decent and involved with her grandchild when she sees her. Hopefully she gets a homecooked meal, butter spread on some toast, and water!!! Those fucking kids NEVER drink water...

This for days! 

I bet that when the girlses do drink water, it's probably from the bathroom sink faucet. She's got step stools in the bathroom so the girlses can reach the sink; we seen them. (God, it kills me to even TYPE the way Leah speaks)

• Love 2

Did anyone else notice that it appeared as though Roxanne was going to throw her plate of food at Devoid before she opted for jumping up on the booth?

I could swear that I saw her grab the end of the plate, quickly let go and then jumped up to begin her "What Would You Do?" inspired monologue.

Kudos to the poster who gave WWYD a shout out. I was almost kind of waiting for John Quinones to appear.

• Love 11

Every time I see the coven gang up on one of the dads I click away from the show.  Should the dads support their kids?  Of course they should.  Money and seeing the kids don't go hand in hand.  The coven should shut the hell up when one of the dads is there and fight it out in court about support.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, TheRealT said:

That's a really good point. UBT's mom is one of the few family members who's allowed to babysit his kids, so I assume that she supports all the fucked up things he does. She's the one who's been taking care of Ensley since she was less than a week old every time Jenelle and UBT go on vacation or need some kidfree time, so I'd assume that she's getting money from Jenelle. I guess that money and a close relationship with UBT are worth turning a blind eye to his domestic abuse, drug use, poor parenting, and other issues. She's probably happy that he's not asking her for money or calling her to bail him out of jail, so she's not too particular about the character of his chosen partner (as long as she's not a whiny bitch who calls the cops on him for every little thing).

Oh, yeah, she's probably one of those "real women" ala Amber, and she's glad because she thinks Jenelle is too.

You know the kind of real woman who gets her ass beat and shuts the hell up about it, not goes whining to the cops. Yep, this must be how Ms. Eason feels about Jenelle.

• Love 9

I see Kail being like Roxanne in several years when those boys hit puberty. 

Nail. On head. Hit it. 

OMG I didn't even realize it, but yes! 

The histrionics Kail and Roxanne put on is exhausting to watch. Roxanne reminds me of those characters on the telenovelas.

Kail and Roxanne are highly miserable. They thrive on inviting misery into their lives with no benefit from it.

Kail seems to do it in a way that is somewhat subtle. She enjoys misery only because she hopes people will feel sorry for her, especially if she plays the card that they did something to create her misery.

• Love 6

Ah I hate to say it, but Babs's friend is right. If she wants a relationship with Jenelle, she needs to swallow her pride and just try to get along with David. Apologize, even, even if she thinks he was the one in the wrong. She doesn't have to like him, but at least establish a relationship where you 2 can be civil. 

I feel so bad for Ali. All she wants is to be able to do all the things other kids her age can do. And it's a fine line between letting her do it, bc her quality of life matters, too...and between putting your foot down and saying, "no, you need an aid, you can't go swimming, etc." 

The look on Javi's face smh. 

I actually think Javi is perfect for Briana - he's everything she says she wants in a guy. Whether or not she's perfect for him, remains to be seen, I suppose. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

That is not what Jenelle wants from Barb. She wants Jace in her custody permanently. Jenelle has said this very thing several times since the court hearing. Barb even said it to her friend. It is not about an apology, it is that Barb "won" (she settled, she agreed, the court accepted it) and UBT can't handle that because in his world, women don't win. The so-called fathers get their kids at all costs. 

Yes, I think the Jace thing pisses her off, for sure, but I think David is the reason she's being so stubborn about not wanting to make up with Barb/continue their relationship, anyway. Men are #1 for Jenelle, always have been and what they want, goes. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, nikita said:

Addie is sooooo uncouth eating margarine from the tub!

It should've been butter :D

Country Crock isn’t even margarine. It’s a “spread.”

MTV nearly has enough footage of Addie eating crap now to put together a special. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

I have 

posted before that I don't like to make fun of

the way people were born, but that's just me:)

Yes, it is your decision what you post about.  Enough.   

Edited by Sprockets
grrr
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Ah I hate to say it, but Babs's friend is right. If she wants a relationship with Jenelle, she needs to swallow her pride and just try to get along with David. Apologize, even, even if she thinks he was the one in the wrong. She doesn't have to like him, but at least establish a relationship where you 2 can be civil. 

UBT isn't really capable of being civil. It's not just Barb he doesn't get along with; he also has problems with Jenelle's friends and the rest of her family. And it's not just that he annoys Barb; he abuses Barb's grandkids and her daughter. If Barb wanted to get along with him, she'd have to dismiss Jace telling her that he's scared of him, Kaiser saying he punched him, etc., etc. (like Jenelle does). I don't see how that's workable or how it would be possible for Barb to get on his good side without "giving Jace back," which is UBT's and Jenelle's main complaint against her.

• Love 21
12 hours ago, JuliesMommy said:

Yup!! Bitch is trying waaayyy to hard...

Aly rolling her eyes at her "motivational" speech was fucking priceless! Not sure if it was intentional or perfect editing! Either way, thanks Aly or MTV....you read all of our minds lol

Every time she speaks, even in normal conversations, it sounds like she’s trying to give a motivational speech.  Even her kids are tired of it. hahaha

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Sprockets said:

There was a rumor that he was actively tryng to impregnate several girls so as to stay on the show.  I don't do social media at all, so I don't know where that came from, but if its true he is exctly the screwed up toad I think he is.  And his lips gross me out.  

I can’t stand his lips either.  He can’t close his mouth all the way because they are so huge.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Bridget said:

Did anyone else notice that it appeared as though Roxanne was going to throw her plate of food at Devoid before she opted for jumping up on the booth?

I could swear that I saw her grab the end of the plate, quickly let go and then jumped up to begin her "What Would You Do?" inspired monologue.

Kudos to the poster who gave WWYD a shout out. I was almost kind of waiting for John Quinones to appear.

I noticed!  Roxanne lost her shit because Devon disclosed her business on national tv.  Now we all know Brianna didn't know what it was like to have a dad.  That was Roxanne's oh hale no moment.  She didn't even have time to say "I can't".  Lol. Grab for the plate no stand up on the seat and bash his head in.  Listen Roxanne, he got his info from Brianna so maybe you should check her.  I'm just saying.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

It was evident to me that Barb knows waaaaaaay more than she is willing to share with the "general public" (aka while being filmed). When her friend was telling her to suck it up, blah blah I'm an ignorant ass blah blah blah, I've never seen Barb say anything with more conviction than when she stated she would NOT try to mend fences with that neanderthal. 

And what those lips may have been involved in with Karl and Briana...shudder!

You must be on the east coast because over here on the west coast it is WAY to early for that visual (what am I saying, NEVER would be a good time)!! 

Karl & Lips McGee really need to encourage Lincoln grow his bangs out. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

Every time she speaks, even in normal conversations, it sounds like she’s trying to give a motivational speech.  Even her kids are tired of it. hahaha

They probably have to listen to this bitch fumble through words that she can't even pronounce correctly every morning....id be over that shit too!!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:
8 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

UBT isn't really capable of being civil. It's not just Barb he doesn't get along with; he also has problems with Jenelle's friends and the rest of her family. And it's not just that he annoys Barb; he abuses Barb's grandkids and her daughter. If Barb wanted to get along with him, she'd have to dismiss Jace telling her that he's scared of him, Kaiser saying he punched him, etc., etc. (like Jenelle does). I don't see how that's workable or how it would be possible for Barb to get on his good side without "giving Jace back," which is UBT's and Jenelle's main complaint against her.

I know that Barb is terribly hurt by Janelle and would like to have a decent relationship, but even if UBT wasn't around, I think it's highly unlikely that is going to happen. They are both so toxic with each other. That said, when Janelle breaks up with a guy, she runs to Barb. Barb just needs to bide her time, because the Janelle/UBT relationship has about a zero percent chance of being long term. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Barb's friend is not right. Not in this situation.

So true.  She is about as wrong as it's possible to be in this situation.  Some thngs cannot be mended.  

Edited by Sprockets
I did not agree enough the first time.
  • Love 10

Aubree's recording was so sweet! I shed a tear and I also loved Aubree, Cole and Chelsea dancing together. Cut back to Jenelle's trashtastic wedding and all I could do was cringe. Those poor kids.

Roxanne is so freaking extra, I "can't" with her. I do hope that Devoin can get some sort of custody in place for Nova's sake. She needs to get some time away from the coven to see what normal people behave like. Here's hoping Devoin's family is normal!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, lasandi said:

I noticed!  Roxanne lost her shit because Devon disclosed her business on national tv.  Now we all know Brianna didn't know what it was like to have a dad.  That was Roxanne's oh hale no moment.  She didn't even have time to say "I can't".  Lol. Grab for the plate no stand up on the seat and bash his head in.  Listen Roxanne, he got his info from Brianna so maybe you should check her.  I'm just saying.

But isn't Roxanne's "brand" the woman who, abandoned and disappointed by her kids' father(s), bravely stepped up to raise her daughters on her own, teaching them that they must always stick together and can't rely on anyone but each other? I don't see why she flew off the handle over Devoin stating a fact that she herself says all the time.

Also, though Devoin is very immature and isn't a good father, it's understandable that he was hurt/angry when he saw on TV that they talk such shit about him and in front of Nova. That was where that conversation started, but none of them could say, "Ok, I can see how you wouldn't like that. You're not a piece of shit [or whatever the quote was], but you do need to do more for Nova..." Instead, they reiterated the insult, expecting him to just take it. So he lashed out. I actually think, "You don't even know what it's like to have a dad" is a mild "insult" under the circumstances. He could have said a lot of true things that would have been much worse.

• Love 11

I also find Barb's friend very troubling.  First of all she isn't a friend...just the way she talks to her is not a person that is supportive in a friend sort of way.  Even if a friend disagrees with you, they would also understand where you are coming from.  There is no way this "friend" can see all that has happened to Barb, etc, and just say that sort of stuff to her, and actually be a friend.  She could have said, Barb, I understand why this is so heartbreaking for you, but unfortunately the only thing to turn it around is by doing a, b, and c, but I understand why you might not want to do that.... etc.

Did you see David look at himself in the mirror and smile (when he had his tux/suit on)?  That was weird.  Marissa did look miserable that day.  I think Jace and Kaiser pretended a little better, but she could not hide her distaste.

• Love 17

I watched the episode then got into the tub. I was waiting for the Challenge to come on and the episode was playing. I heard my daughter go ugh, gross and it was pretty bad that I knew it was about Addie eating butter. But it was still funny that I knew exactly what my daughter was grossed out by.

And as much as I think Devoin is a loser, he was right about the custody. Briana just screwed herself because now he will have set times to see his daughter. She needs to let him see Nova without all the drama from the Coven and away from them.

I felt bad for Javi. Looking on at someone he use to love and who tore him apart and had a baby with some loser when she said she didn't want another baby with him. Talk about stabbing someone directly in the heart. And this bitch thought having a baby with some dude who wasn't even in a relationship was better than having one with her husband (now ex). Her choices fucking suck.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

But isn't Roxanne's "brand" the woman who, abandoned and disappointed by her kids' father(s), bravely stepped up to raise her daughters on her own, teaching them that they must always stick together and can't rely on anyone but each other? I don't see why she flew off the handle over Devoin stating a fact that she herself says all the time.

Yes, but only Roxanne is allowed to stand up and make that proclamation. When a baby daddy or anyone else utter the words she says, they are garbage. 

• Love 13

Why does Leah have to drive the girls to the bus stop? Is it because she does not live within the school district and Cory does? Actually why do all of the mom drive their kids to and from school.If the kids go to a private school Iwould understand this because most private schools around require you provide your own transportation. I have attended and taught in 3 states and all the public schools provided bus service, so unless they do this for more camera time I think they should take a bus if offered.

6 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

Why does Leah have to drive the girls to the bus stop? Is it because she does not live within the school district and Cory does? Actually why do all of the mom drive their kids to and from school.If the kids go to a private school Iwould understand this because most private schools around require you provide your own transportation. I have attended and taught in 3 states and all the public schools provided bus service, so unless they do this for more camera time I think they should take a bus if offered.

I'm pretty sure Aubree lives outside of the district where she attends school so Chelsea has to drive her to school.  I suspect she attends a private school as none of the public schools around here have the funds to have father/daughter dances for elementary school kids. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Abmis said:

I'm pretty sure Aubree lives outside of the district where she attends school so Chelsea has to drive her to school.  I suspect she attends a private school as none of the public schools around here have the funds to have father/daughter dances for elementary school kids. 

I agree, and in chelseas case only (maybe hulk) i think she enjoys driving aubree to school and picking her up. She has a normal (functional) (looking at u leah..)conversation with aubree, asks how her day was..jokes with her etc. you know...normal mom shit... I live 11 mins walking distance from my daughters school and since im a SAHM i drive her everyday. I love that im able to see her right when she gets out and find out how her day went. What i dont get, If leah has transportation, obviously plenty of time, why cant she just drive the girlses to school herself? 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, JuliesMommy said:

What i dont get, If leah has transportation, obviously plenty of time, why cant she just drive the girlses to school herself? 

I'm not gonna dis Leah for this. My oldest was super headstrong and always wanted to take the bus. If I told her I was picking her up from school, she would get mad at me. She also used to hide when I came to get her from her after school program. The staff finally started putting her in a time out equivalent to every minute she kept me waiting. Some kids are just really independent.  

• Love 9
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

I'm not gonna dis Leah for this. My oldest was super headstrong and always wanted to take the bus. If I told her I was picking her up from school, she would get mad at me. She also used to hide when I came to get her from her after school program. The staff finally started putting her in a time out equivalent to every minute she kept me waiting. Some kids are just really independent.  

Lol very true about some kids being independent!!

My only guess is that since we've seen leah take them late, and rushing their asses up in the morning to try to make it on time...she figured it would be easier to drop them off at a closer location and not have to drive to their school.

• Love 3

I was going to say maybe they don't want their hot mess of a mother pulling up to the school 10 minutes late with wheels screeching and throwing pepperoni rolls at them as they hit the ground rolling. And only stopping to flirt shamelessly with some poor male teacher who's on drop-off duty.  

• Love 16

Aubree's recording for Chelsea and Cole...oooohhhh, my heart melted.  It made me tear up.  Aubree's words were so sweet and sincere, and Chelsea's BFF was the one who coordinated it to surprise them.  That was an amazing thing for her friend to do.   It filled me with glee to know Jen-yell most likely went on a major tantrum rampage when she saw it because no one did anything like that for her because she is a hateful skank!

• Love 21
21 hours ago, gunderda said:

I caught that too and found it interesting.  It's obvious they get to watch the episodes before they air but I think that's the first time we've ever seen a previous episode being mentioned. 

I think this was because they made a last minute decision to tack Jenelle's wedding on to this season. It just happened! 

20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Regarding Dave's mom; exactly. What mother would be happy to see their son marry Jenelle? I'd love to know the dirt on the Easons.

Wasn't his sister spilling the tea for awhile on social media? 

When I saw David's mother fawning all over him like this dread union is something to be celebrated, I knew there had to be something wrong with her as well. 

17 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Honestly, I don't see everything my kids do. I have 3; it's impossible. It looked like they were having a spaghetti dinner and the butter was on the table to go with the garlic bread. Addie likely snatched it up and took a swipe when Leah was busy eating or serving the other two. 

• Love 11