Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: The Ties that Bind

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

I think if Roxanne isn't bitching about some man, she will die....like she will just cease to exist. So Briana has to keep being stupid as hell when it comes to baby daddies to make sure there's someone for Roxanne to bitch about. Seriously, if Roxanne didn't have some guy to hate on, I think she'd just disappear. 

• Love 23

I'd like to hope that Barb's friend was just going along with whatever the producers were prompting her to say, maybe? Barb looked pretty nonplussed, which to me seemed weird because I'd be ridiculously offended and angry if my "friend" was saying such patently ludicrous things to me. Her reaction made me hope that it was mostly a staged dialogue because the producers were sucking up to Jenelle. 

Maybe not, but otherwise I can't understand her "friend's" silly opinions at all. They were totally unfounded. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I'd like to hope that Barb's friend was just going along with whatever the producers were prompting her to say, maybe? Barb looked pretty nonplussed, which to me seemed weird because I'd be ridiculously offended and angry if my "friend" was saying such patently ludicrous things to me. Her reaction made me hope that it was mostly a staged dialogue because the producers were sucking up to Jenelle. 

Maybe not, but otherwise I can't understand her "friend's" silly opinions at all. They were totally unfounded. 

I sense that the "friend" had/has a partner her friends and family can't stand (with good reason, most likely).

• Love 4

Yeah I’m sorry but Barbs friend being all “you have the key to fix things with Janelle but you won’t do anything” uh.. what? And then Barb breaks down (rightfully so) that the “key to talk to Janelle is giving back Jace” Which is true. Janelle has said as much that she refuses to speak to Barb because Barb won’t just be a grandmother. Her friend is terrible. Even if producers told her to say these things, her reactions to barbs responses were ridiculous.

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

I also lol’ed at Bri saying she’s doing this on her own.

You live with your mom and your sister does a lot of heavy lifting. 

Bri is so great at doing this on her own that she is moving to Delaware to be with Javi. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Abmis said:

The looks on Maryssa's, Jace's, and Kaiser's faces as they walked behind Jenelle and UBT after the wedding said it all.  Poor kids looked like lambs being led to slaughter.  Even Ensley looked sad although I'm sure she has no clue as to why.

Isaac telling Lincoln not to be rough when he held Sudsy was so cute.  That kid has the kindest heart.  I'm giving Jo and Vee all the credit for that because there's no way he got it from Kail. 

Chelsea and Cole's reception was happy and classy and best of all sod free.

It's great that Chelsea is happy and stable, but I don't think it's because she learned anything. I think she lucked out that her next LTR after Adam was a Cole and not another Adam. I would give her more credit had she stuck with therapy, but girl is just lucky, from the family she was born into to Randy being so supportive to meeting Cole "at the gas station."

49 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I, too, felt so bad for Javi & to think that it's rumored that he is with Briana and will have to deal with her horrible family makes me feel even worse for him!  There is not one. Teen Mom in either of the franchises, other than Chelsea, who has learned a damn thing! They continue to continue to pop out children and get involved with low lifes, they just all have more money now.  Have to admit that Aubree's recording was very sweet. 

Vee seems super nice (I'm still not sure about Jo after his S1 behavior), but Isaac could also just be born sweet/empathetic/sensitive. Terrible fate for such a person to be son to an abusive person like Kail :'(

Edited by nikita
  • Love 13

I actually think Jo is a nice guy now. Yeah he was rude in season 1, but he was still pretty young. Also in the early seasons of this show Kail was continuous a user with his family. He paid for her schooling, his brother was watching Issac when Kail was at school and Jo was working, she was getting a place to live. I think both of them were wrong in the ways they were with each other.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Me too. I wanted to punch Donna right in the face. It's Jenelle's wedding day, for Pete's sake! Of course Babs is going to be emotional over not being invited! Babs was looking for a little consolation, a ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on, that's all. She sure didn't need Donna's trite and pithy remarks or her supposed solutions that weren't solutions at all. Donna needs to be thrown on the same dung heap as that producer Kristin. 

I wonder if Donna was thrown a few extra bucks by the producers in exchange for making Babs cry. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, SmashleyMcSlayin said:

Roxanne: “I don’t wanna be like that!”

Then... don’t be like that?

It's interesting she has the desire to be different. I can see how she'd have no clue how to go about changing. I still think she has a vitamin deficiency. Even a hormonal imbalance can wreck a person's resiliency in times of stress.

Also, I'm impressed they aired Jenyell's wedding and *ahem* Lux's *ahem* arrival. Didn't those events just happen a few weeks ago?

• Love 3

Leah is trying to put on a good front but it's obvious she has no control over those girls. They're just running roughshod all over her right down to scarfing down the margarine straight. 

And what kid's morning routine includes a few swipes with the makeup brushes on the way out the door. 

They need subtitles during Leah's segments, can't understand 'em half the time. Especially when she's on the phone with someone. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, nikita said:

It's interesting she has the desire to be different. I can see how she'd have no clue how to go about changing. I still think she has a vitamin deficiency. Even a hormonal imbalance can wreck a person's resiliency in times of stress.

Also, I'm impressed they aired Jenyell's wedding and *ahem* Lux's *ahem* arrival. Didn't those events just happen a few weeks ago?

Agreed, Roxanne has probably had a temper like this her whole life and therefore might not be sure how to manage anger when it comes up. But it should also be common sense to not blow up in a restaurant where other people are eating, in front of your young grandchild. A lot of people do argue in front of children though, so I recognize it isn’t quite as common sense as I’d like it to be.

• Love 6
(edited)
8 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I actually think Jo is a nice guy now. Yeah he was rude in season 1, but he was still pretty young. Also in the early seasons of this show Kail was continuous a user with his family. He paid for her schooling, his brother was watching Issac when Kail was at school and Jo was working, she was getting a place to live. I think both of them were wrong in the ways they were with each other.

@nikita

Not to mention, his behavior was due in part to dealing with that thing named Kail.  It isn't as if he is that way all the time or with other people. I can't say the same for Kail. She has a pattern of domestic abuse and crass behavior. Can that be said of Jo? Not at all. His mother has shown a very soft and touching manner. Jo has that same manner with Vee and other people. The only time he lost it was when Kail and Javi went to HIS home and blasted him for wearing sweatpants. The profanities thrown by those two at that time sure didn't help matters. You come to my home and dump shit on me, you'd be hard pressed to see me in a good mood. Kail makes me want to go all Billy Jack on her. I want to take my right foot and slap it across her fat head and see those 50 chins jiggle like Jell-O. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 23

Watson is mini-Randilicious.

24 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

@nikita

Not to mention, his behavior was due in part to dealing with that thing named Kail.  It isn't as if he is that way all the time or with other people. I can't say the same for Kail. She has a pattern of domestic abuse and crass behavior. Can that be said of Jo? Not at all. His mother has shown a very soft and touching manner. Jo has that same manner with Vee and other people. The only time he lost it was when Kail and Javi went to HIS home and blasted him for wearing sweatpants. The profanities thrown by those two at that time sure didn't help matters. You come to my home and dump shit on me, you'd be hard pressed to see me in a good mood. Kail makes me want to go all Billy Jack on her. I want to take my right foot and slap it across her fat head and see those 50 chins jiggle like Jell-O. 

Yeah, that's a good point. I need to remember when Jo was showing his ass, he was living in close quarters with Kail. 'Nuff said LOL

Edited by nikita
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, nikita said:

Watson is mini-Randilicious.

Yeah, that's a good point. I need to remember when Jo was showing his ass, he was living in close quarters with Kail. 'Nuff said LOL

Yup. And she was using that whole family. I always feel bad for Jos Mom, actually. I think she really did care for Kail. Even when Jo and Kail broke up, she went out of her way to make sure Kail knew she would always have a home there. I always feel like the way Kail treated her was beyond rude considering what Jos family and especially his mom did for her.

• Love 22

Java is a complete sissy .... how he can have any feelings for that swamp donkey kail is beyond me plus I can’t stand his resting fart face.... dude looks like he just smelled a fart 

Sling Blade Dave is a serial killer in the making .... he is one creepy looking dude .... I see more prison time in his future and hopefully Honelle will be joining him .... they have driven Kaiser to cross dressing by letting him apply his own make up 

Edited by Frank the Tank
  • Love 5

Ok, I haven't finished watching and haven't read this thread yet but, guys! That recording of Aubree!! ???I literally cried. Tears came. I don't know what came over me! I'm not a crier either. lol That was just the sweetest thing. 

Oh and that Addie is a firecracker! Good luck with her Leah! She is going to give you a run for your money! Leah doesn't know how lucky she was to have Corey's sweet temperament mixed into the twins' DNA. Addie's just pure Leah and Jeremy! I mean did you see her eating that whole thing of butter with a knife? ?? And we thought Sophia was the only feral child in this franchise! God bless her, but I still love little Addie. She's hilarious!

Barb's friend can go suck an egg! Did the producers hire her on Jenelle's behalf? I still have a hard time believing this is a real friend of Barb's. With friends like that who needs enemies?

Devoin can also go suck an egg! How dare he make me be on the side of the coven! And how funny will it be when he realizes that child support and custody are two very different things? I would love to be there when that arrogant smirk is wiped off his face when he realizes he has to pay whether he sees Nova or not. And he'll never get a lawyer to secure visitation rights so the coven has nothing to worry about there. It was nice seeing Roxanne trying to be civil with him at first. I'm glad to see that she knows she's OTT. She needs counseling to help her calm down and keep her anger in check. With her awareness of the problem, she could really make a lot of progress.

EDITED to add a big fuck you to Kail! I know Jabi can be a bratty little child but I so felt for him when he went to visit the baby. That must've been so hard for him but props to him for being the bigger man and trying to be civil for his boys. I loved that he calls them that. Kail really fucked up letting him and Jo slip through her fingers. I, very much doubt, she will ever find another stand up guy willing to put up with her.

And is everyone buying this Leah, perfect mother routine? IDK Something feels off. It's like Leah seems forced or trying a little too hard to force this perfect family scenario. It doesn't feel natural at all. I do hope for the girls' sake, it's real just not sure I'm fully buying it yet. 

Edited by AmandaUnbidden
  • Love 14

Someone posted a screenshot of Jenelle saying that her veil was a “different kind of veil”. I guess she’s trying to pass it off like it was supposed to be like that. Um, no. It was a traditional veil - you could see the hair clip on top when she flipped the veil over her face. My veil was exactly like that. The clip should have been down in her hair, not lying across the top of her head like that. I couldn’t stop laughing.

I didn’t see Maryssa smile once. Not once. 

Chelsea’s wedding/reception/whatever was nice. But why bridesmaids? I don’t really care that she had two weddings or whatever but being a bridesmaid sucks and it’s expensive. I’d not want to do it for a “reception”. Maybe she bought their dresses and stuff so she could have traditional wedding party pictures. 

Leah’s segments give me anxiety watching those kids run around with zero supervision and making messes everywhere. 

Why hasn’t Devoid filed for visitation yet anyways? Nova’s what, six? There is no way he wouldn’t get visitation if he filed. I mean, even ADAM has visitation. Briana is just an idiot. She should have filed for child support years ago. Instead, she just sat around and bitched about it for six years.

Poor Javi. 

• Love 16

Aha! I figured out the mystery of the f#cked-up veil. The part that would cover her face was attached to the flower crown that was suspected to have been trashed on nuptials' eve.

Was MTV trolling David & Jenelle with that "babe" song at the start of the wedding segment?

Jenelle, moments before the wedding: "I'm *sooo* scared right now." Girrrrrl, you'd better listen to that fear!

Edited by nikita
  • Love 19
22 minutes ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

Devoin can also go suck an egg! How dare he make me be on the side of the coven! And how funny will it be when he realizes that child support and custody are two very different things? I would love to be there when that arrogant smirk is wiped off his face when he realizes he has to pay whether he sees Nova or not. 

I was just going to say the same thing.  I think he thinks that a hearing on child support means a judge will award him custody or visitation.  Like the two go hand in hand.  No, Devoid - you have a child - you pay child support.  That being said, I hate how everyone's so passive-aggressive.  While Devoid could have worked out a visitation schedule at any time, Briana could have filed for child support at any time, too.  But she didn't, because the coven wanted completed control over Nova's life.  They're all so full of it. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Ladystardust said:

Why hasn’t Devoid filed for visitation yet anyways? Nova’s what, six? There is no way he wouldn’t get visitation if he filed. I mean, even ADAM has visitation. Briana is just an idiot. She should have filed for child support years ago. Instead, she just sat around and bitched about it for six years.

Poor Javi. 

Adumb has visitation because his parents pushed for it. They have visitation with Aubree. He chooses not to. 

Javi was really sad. He really wants his family back. Too bad Kail is not wife material. She is trash. She is an Anybodys, like that wannabe Jet whore in the movie West Side Story.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I was just going to say the same thing.  I think he thinks that a hearing on child support means a judge will award him custody or visitation.  Like the two go hand in hand.  No, Devoid - you have a child - you pay child support.  That being said, I hate how everyone's so passive-aggressive.  While Devoid could have worked out a visitation schedule at any time, Briana could have filed for child support at any time, too.  But she didn't, because the coven wanted completed control over Nova's life.  They're all so full of it. 

While I agree that Brianna and co are very passive aggressive, and for the most part do not handle things correctly, I'm starting to think that Brianna really was trying to be understanding with Devoin in regards to child support and thought he didn't have a job or only one shitty one. I can understand when she got pissed hearing he has two jobs but hasn't even tried to step up and support Nova in any way without Brianna telling him to. But this is why Brianna should've file for child support from the beginning. She knows who Devoin is, and she should know she cannot depend on him to do the right thing without being forced. 

Oh, and, she should've been having this convo with Devoin by their selves. Instead she was making her mother fight her battle for her, as always. She didn't even talk directly to Devoin. She whined to her mother even though Devoin was sitting right there!

Edited by AmandaUnbidden
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

While I agree that Brianna and co are very passive aggressive, and for the most part do not handle things correctly, I'm starting to think that Brianna really was trying to be understanding with Devoin in regards to child support and thought he didn't have a job or only one shitty one.

When?  How old is Nova now?  Five, six?  How long was she planning on giving Devoid a break on paying child support?  It's not a good idea to constantly give excuses (or enable his excuse-making).  She should have told Devoid she expected financial support from him from the get-go, and put the burden on him to meet it.  On the flip side, if he wanted to see Nova like he claims, he could have demanded visitation or even joint custody since day one.  But both sides want what they want (the coven to have complete control, Devoid to be free of responsibility), and only use these insults and criticisms when it's convenient.  

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

When?  How old is Nova now?  Five, six?  How long was she planning on giving Devoid a break on paying child support?  It's not a good idea to constantly give excuses (or enable his excuse-making).  She should have told Devoid she expected financial support from him from the get-go, and put the burden on him to meet it.  On the flip side, if he wanted to see Nova like he claims, he could have demanded visitation or even joint custody since day one.  But both sides want what they want (the coven to have complete control, Devoid to be free of responsibility), and only use these insults and criticisms when it's convenient.  

Oh, I agree with you completely. I'm just saying I think that's what she was doing in the beginning but she, of course, let it go on way too long. That's why I said she should've filled for child support in the beginning.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

There was that conversation Briana had with Devoin in the last episode about not filing for child support because she was worried about his driver's license being revoked if he missed a payment. It sounds like perhaps Devoin was giving Briana money here and there, just not on a regular basis. She must have been content with the payments for these five years. That is, until Stella came along and the budget is getting tighter. Nova is now in school and Briana needs money for the after-care program. Briana is seeing that the previous five years she was able to let Devoin slide.

Both of these nitwits should have established legal boundaries long ago.

• Love 19
On 11/5/2017 at 10:49 PM, GreatKazu said:
On 11/1/2017 at 10:21 PM, GreatKazu said:

In the season finale, Jenelle walks down the aisle dead sod with her possession, Jace; Chelsea celebrates her wedding for a second time in a different dress; Leah tries to get Gracie up earlier to help Addie get ready for preschool; Kailyn contacts RadarOnline to inform them she is giving birth to a child who shall remain nameless because she doesn't know who the father is. 

Superbly accurate. Also, does the title of the episode seem eerie, or is it just me? I feel like the ID channel came up with it and let MTV use it so it’ll be recognizable for their future 4 part series “The Ties that Bind: ON THE LAND”

Edited by Enya Face
Fucking fat fingers and trying to copy and paste too fast
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

DAVE WAS SOOO FUCKING HIGH!!!

Holy shit he was high as a kite, I’m guessing on opiates.  The slurring speech, and acting so excited about everything.  Also the weird reaction to Kaiser putting on a tiny bit of face powder.  He was fucked up.

I just read that Davids son Kadens mother Olivia was a hardcore heroin addict - that has me majorly wondering about David now. 

• Love 10