Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Down to the Wire

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

The episode topic is spoiler free. Discuss only what was seen in the episode. Adding spoilers from knowledge gleaned from spoilers social media or rumors is not permitted in episode topics. In that spirit, don't hint spoilers either. There is more than one place to talk about the current goings-on. The spoiler free episode topic is a place for those that want to watch and talk about the episode and just the episode.

Kelli always has a creative way to announce the team and this is one of my favorite parts of the series.  How will she do it this year?  Maybe she should call out every girls' name to meet her in the office.  This would puzzle them for a few seconds.

i lil d it the year she had the blank sheet of paper and said "these are the ones I need to see in my office."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Kelli always has a creative way to announce the team and this is one of my favorite parts of the series.  How will she do it this year?  Maybe she should call out every girls' name to meet her in the office.  This would puzzle them for a few seconds.

i lil d it the year she had the blank sheet of paper and said "these are the ones I need to see in my office."

That's creative! I really like that. I hope she does something like this that's completely unexpected.

• Love 1

Next time how about she keeps all the girls till last day possible and then do an american idol .... break them into groups to different rooms and then announce they made it or let go ... that would be different  .. I think Kelli and Judy know by week 5 or 6 which ones they really want.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Season 2 announcement was the best.

Wasn't Season 2 when the girls were standing in the kickline and Kelli said "Look to your left.  Now look to your right.  Look in the mirror.  You're looking at your 2*** squad!"

• Love 6

One thing that upsets me is that this 13 episode so-called "extended" season was not what we expected. Not like Season 7 where they actually went beyond the squad announcement into the regular season. All they did this time was drag out the auditions and training camp. So pissed.

Oh btw, my DVR guide says that there is a "surprising departure" tonight. Interesting. 

• Love 2

Season 7 was blah to me especially after the team announcement because it was the same whole boring we can still cut you even if you make the squad crap. If they would have shown something totally different it would have been nice. Season 12 is a little better since it has shown more of what it takes to be a DCC, but the Holly/Jenna/Erica drama has been beaten to death.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Season 7 was blah to me especially after the team announcement because it was the same whole boring we can still cut you even if you make the squad crap. If they would have shown something totally different it would have been nice. Season 12 is a little better since it has shown more of what it takes to be a DCC, but the Holly/Jenna/Erica drama has been beaten to death.

Not so much on the Erica stuff. Like NOTHING has been shown on her AT ALL! It's only been beat to death on this board. I for one would like to know what really happened. Not just speculation and rumors. 

• Love 7

So far most of the rookies are not looking that good. I still can't believe they cut Brennan over Christina and Savannah. So far Taryn looks better then they do as well.  smh.

Keyra was adorable when she left the office and met her teammates. I love her.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

They've done it for small appearances a couple of years but this is a huge event. I feel like this came after team announcement though. 

Last year before they announced the team someone posted a video of show group doing a performance. It had rookies in it as well even though they had not yet announced the team. Let's be honest, if you make show group as a rookie you are 99% guaranteed to be making the final team.

• Love 10

Definitely after team announcement, their performance at TC@the Star was on Aug 21, which was after the Friends and Family Event on the 18(or 19 cant remember). Surprised they didnt just throw that scene in later or in next weeks episode. 

Ohhhhh ladies ...ur surprized?

40 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Wait....... they let TCCs do this?

Have y’all not learned ? As TCCs : you make show group it’s a given y’all are on the squad and YES you may do performances prior to team announcement .  

• Love 3

Taryn looked kind of pissed and I don't blame her. It seems that they kept Savannah because they like her hair and she's a "package deal" with Tara. I have no idea why they kept Christina. To quote Kitty in a past season, "Her uncle or someone bought the floor because I just don't see it." She may be a nice girl but she should not have made the team over Taryn and Brennan. 

(The evil part of me wonders if Christina was crying when she was hugging Taryn because she guessed that Taryn's cut meant that she/Christina would likely make the team). I'll go sit in the corner now.

Edited by Shallan
To make sense
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Shallan said:

(The evil part of me wonders if Christina was crying when she was hugging Taryn afterwards because she knew it probably that Taryn's cut meant that she would likely make the team). I'll go sit in the corner now.

Lmaoooooooo didn’t even cross my mind and now I see it. 

• Love 2

I'm bitter over a reality show. Feel like Taryn got a raw deal because she's not Disney princess Savannah or Christina who can't go the feck away. I want to drop a Fireball on the locker room and start training camp over.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Lol. I'm sure she wasn't actually crying for that reason (she does seem like a sweet person) but let's be honest - they are all probably thinking it. The girls aren't stupid they know how to count and they also know that the more people K&J cut the closer they are to making the team. While they might be sad if a "friend" gets cut they know it has to happen and better someone else than them. Right? At the end of the day they want to make the team.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Ohhhhh ladies ...ur surprized?

Have y’all not learned ? As TCCs : you make show group it’s a given y’all are on the squad and YES you may do performances prior to team announcement .  

That’s not what was surprising, it’s the way they made it appear as if they got to perform in uniform before it was official (thought they edited it because this was actually after squad announcement) but it has been done in the past. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

That’s not what was surprising, it’s the way they made it appear as if they got to perform in uniform before it was official (thought they edited it because this was actually after squad announcement) but it has been done in the past. 

The surprise is on them ...THEY ....think we are ignorant and do not notice they (TCC) have already performed in uniform prior to squad announcement.   ??? my belly hurts from laughter ahhahaha

17 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Could easily cut 4 ladies tonight. Such a boring rookie class.

Best squad would have been 32 this year !!!

19 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

It is : Let me Hug your booty out the door cuz know I know I’m on !....sorry just being obnoxious tonight have had my fill of this crap this year 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Shallan said:

Taryn looked kind of pissed and I don't blame her. It seems that they kept Savannah because they like her hair and she's a "package deal" with Tara. I have no idea why they kept Christina. To quote Kitty in a past season, "Her uncle or someone bought the floor because I just don't see it." She may be a nice girl but she should not have made the team over Taryn and Brennan. 

(The evil part of me wonders if Christina was crying when she was hugging Taryn because she guessed that Taryn's cut meant that she/Christina would likely make the team). I'll go sit in the corner now.

Totally exactly what I thought when I saw it.   It was only a moment, but that looked like a cry of relief, not sadness. 

• Love 2

The empty buckets were back!  Twice!

Sorry for Taryn. She seems like a nice girl. I bet the bottom between Christina, Savannah & Taryn was only shaved thin ice. 

Boo--no Erica story. She just went poof!

• Love 4

Posted this in the wrong thread, but here's my 2 cents again! 

Thank you CMT (and whoever else makes editing decisions) for assuming viewers can't add or do simple math (38 minus one does not equal 36 last time I checked) and thank you for also assuming we wouldn't notice when a popular veteran just disappears. There is not one good reason her departure wasn't even acknowledged. If they simply "chose not to show it", then that is the dumbest choice the show has ever made. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I missed an episode. 

I think KaShara's southern accent is the cutest thing. Like, I live in Chicago, and she makes me want to talk with one ?

Gina's hair makes my eyes hurt.

Is the squad usually announced prior to Cowboys training camp? Is that the event that was usually in Oxnard? Surprising they let the rookies perform with show group since the squad isn't official yet

Anthony Ramos' role on the show is just so.... random. Does CMT have some sort of affiliation with Access Hollywood?

Omg, the three of them in those massage chairs ?? Judy looked like she was about to fall asleep

Another introduction for Kalyssa? Is CMT letting the interns edit the show? What is going on? I don't think we've even "met" Alexis (or Taryn?) yet, but we've met Kalyssa and Alexandria twice now

Kalyssa is adorable though. She definitely sounds and looks tired. Kudos to her for being able to juggle that crazy schedule. I am jealous of the lack of bags under her eyes 

Ughh, Christina. Stop crying. Or better yet, just stop talking. 

...."I've been trying to make this team for five years"

...."This is my 5th time auditioning". 

Yeah, so have hundreds of other girls. Get over yourself.

She acts like because she's tried out so many times that she just has to make the team this year. Take a number sweetheart. 

Is the show trying to make "empty your bucket" a thing? 

Kelli to Taryn: "You are so close. You are so close to making this team" ... "You are one locker away from making this team" Way to dangle the carrot, Captain Obvious.

I can name a few others who "aren't game ready yet", Kelli. 

Whew, this was a long post. Thank you to anyone who still reading ?

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 12

If I were Taryn, I would be debating quite hard over the next year if I wanted to go back and audition for a second year.  On the one hand, it will likely be a blood bath next year with all the people cut and/or leaving and she would stand a very good chance of making it.  On the other hand, she was more of the total package this year than many of the girls who made it and yet she's cut.  I remember someone posted that Taryn was furious at being cut and thought she shouldn't have been cut. Also, if I remember correctly again, someone (Kelli? Judy?) didn't like her look.

I know I would prefer Taryn over Christina and, with a little work and less stress (especially if she'd made the team), Taryn could have been an amazing performer and ambassador.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Shallan said:

I 100% thought the same thing

• Love 1

Plug for the Star and Cowboys Fit? Check.

Jerry Jones worship (ahem, I mean His Majesty Jerry Jones, King of Dallas)? Check.

Random Hollywood personality who is on the show for his “celebrity” status only? Check.

Rampant favoritism for the token redhead and African American cheerleaders even though they should probably be cut? Check.

Another fabulous episode. <yawn>

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 7

Episode was blah and the fact that they are not acknowledging Erica's departure proves my point that all of harping on Jenna in front of the cameras is to humiliate her. 

When they showed us closeups and spotlights on Keyra, I didn't notice that she was particularly off or soft or that she made mistakes. Every time Judy said she was making mistakes and doesn't know the dance, she was dancing in sync and as powerful as Tara or Lauren(I'm not sure which one of them was next to her) so either they were also making mistakes or editor is blind/lazy to search for actual mistakes or Judy doesn't like Keyra and is inventing shit. To me it seems she doesn't like Keyra.... The only time in whole episode I actually saw legitimate correction for Keyra was on sharpness and making noise with the poms when she was in line with Tara and Savannah 

I am charmed by both Christina and Savannah but they made more mistakes than Taryn and it was not fair for them to keep two of them over Taryn. That being said, I don't know why this forum in general dislikes Christina so much, I like her and think she's pretty. Prettier than Taryn or Brennan that you all adore....

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Annette said:

BORING episode.  Christina & Savannah would have been cut waaaay before Brennan & Taryn in my book.

I keep waiting for Kelli and Judy to offer some meaningful crumb of redemption for Christina and Savannah to help me try to understand why they’ve kept them around while cutting several other far better people. But so far no dice. If anything, based on the edit they’ve received on the show thus far, they’re getting worse. Tonight was ridiculous. They are embarrassingly bad..but hey—they have great hair. 

Poor Taryn. And Brennan. And maybe even Celinda. And Madeline... Honestly, Christina and Savannah have always literally been on the very bottom of the rookie list to me. 

2 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Anthony Ramos' role on the show is just so.... random. Does CMT have some sort of affiliation with Access Hollywood?

It did seem weird. I felt like maybe he was ‘filling in’ or some such for Kelli since she wasn’t there. 

Edited by Blndee6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Season 2 announcement was the best.

I agree!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Pickles said:

Did not think Kelli's purple ruffled top was too flattering.

It didn’t fit.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1