Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Down to the Wire

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I liked the episode because it shows the work.  Lots of dancing tonight and criticism.  We want to see behind the scenes?  Well tonight was a perfect example of BTS.  

Maybe Taryn will come back and be a Madeline, who just fit right in the following year.

Not a Savannah fan. At all. Her teeth are too big and her personality is wimpy. She needs to cut that hair and get some confidence. And learn the dances.

Keyra is a favorite. As much as she is struggling, I love her happy nature. She doesn’t cry. 

The end of training camp must be exhausting.

What was that event tonight?  Was their a game?  We saw no players.  They said it was historic?  I didn’t get that.

• Love 3

I started off training camp really rooting for Christina and despite my efforts, I've fallen off the bandwagon. They should have kept Taryn over her.

Savannah and Christina should be counting their lucky stars that Holly resigned. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Plug for the Star and Cowboys Fit? Check.

Jerry Jones worship (ahem, I mean His Majesty Jerry Jones, King of Dallas)? Check.

Random Hollywood personality who is on the show for his “celebrity” status only? Check.

Rampant favoritism for the token redhead and African American cheerleaders even though they should probably be cut? Check.

Another fabulous episode. <yawn>

Which African American  cheerleader is getting favoritism and should be cut?

Keyra?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Teresa said:

One thing that upsets me is that this 13 episode so-called "extended" season was not what we expected. Not like Season 7 where they actually went beyond the squad announcement into the regular season. All they did this time was drag out the auditions and training camp. So pissed.

Oh btw, my DVR guide says that there is a "surprising departure" tonight. Interesting. 

I agree with that. Last time we got an extended season, we actually got past TC. This time we barely got to see anything "extra". I think they only did that so that they could promote the Star and HOF and not because they actually wanted to give us new segments.

I still don't understand why they cut Taryn. Christina's kicks are worse and she was supposedly working on them for the past 5 years. Where's the improvement? Plus, I'd take a girl who takes criticism well and manages to tell them exactly what she's been doing to improve (which was honestly one of the very few times I remember a girl being like that) over a girl who always has an excuse. And I do like Christina, but that's not enough.

And well I'm sorry but I don't see how Savannah looks like a 'disney princess'. She looks terrible to me and I'm sorry to say that, but I just can't bare to watch her as her teeth are distracting, she just bores me to death when she talks and she isn't doing well in the dances either. What exactly is her appeal? At least Keyra is powerful, Kelsey was beautiful and willing to work hard (and that's what helped her get on the team), Gina is a great dancer so they are apparently overlooking her personality issues... So yeah they aren't being consistent at all.

• Love 5

I really hope Kelli has a secret bucket sponsorship with Home Depot and is getting paid every time she uses the phrase "empty your bucket."

On the plus side, we finally got to see LOTS of dancing! But I felt bad for getting what I wished for because I could tell the girls, the TCCs in particular, were all exhausted.

Based on tonight's rehearsal, I would be fine with them not having 36 girls on the team this year. If you want to be considered the best of the best, you have to take only the best (unless you want to be the best of the best plus a few mediocre people).

I was torn between laughing and rolling my eyes when Judy kept talking about historic it was for the girls to dance at the first ever training camp at the Star. They are really going to milk this shit all year, aren't they? This is the first time Jerry Jones has ever taken a shit at the Star! This is the first time Charlotte has blown her nose at the Star! This is the first time Kelli has eaten a salad at the Star!

I can't believe they had Anthony Ramos fly in to...give show group a pep talk? Make stupid comments on the sidelines with Judy? "They're like the royal family of Dallas." Barf.

1 hour ago, Blndee6 said:

I keep waiting for Kelli and Judy to offer some meaningful crumb of redemption for Christina and Savannah to help me try to understand why they’ve kept them around while cutting several other far better people. But so far no dice. If anything, based on the edit they’ve received on the show thus far, they’re getting worse. Tonight was ridiculous. They are embarrassingly bad..but hey—they have great hair.

I was shaking my head over this. They literally said, "Savannah is making a lot of mistakes, she isn't powerful enough, her feet look sloppy, but her hair looks so great!" Earlier in the season, they said that Christina's hair looked really sassy or edgy or something. Now I will give you that Christina's hair looks the best it's been since we've seen her audition and Savannah has gorgeous hair too, BUT THAT ISN'T ENOUGH OF A REASON TO MAKE A DANCE TEAM. If the DCC were a hair modeling group, then great. But they have been given tons of corrections and they're still having problems.

I would have kept Taryn over Christina and Savannah because as much as they complain about people who blend in, a blender doesn't pull your attention with her mistakes. Maybe they think people in the audience will be so dazzled by the beauty of Savannah's hair that they won't notice all the problems that they keep pointing out.

Kelli's purple top made her look like she had HUGE boobs, but not in a good way.

• Love 6

What I've learned this season ...

"The Star" is a privilege. Come December they'll post three wise-men around it and the baby Jerry Jones lying in an empty bucket.

Holly got demoted from DCC, Jenna got demoted from point, Judy got demoted from gargoyle.

When you're on an exercise cycle, smile. If you don't have bugs in your teeth, you weren't working it hard enough.

Random celebrity time fillers make an extended season.

Questions I have ...

If Kelli and Judy went into auditions with the current DCC standards, would they make the squad?

If someone got into TC wearing a hijab, what would they do during makeovers?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Kelli's purple top made her look like she had HUGE boobs, but not in a good way.

It had to be a combination of bra choice and the top. Hormonal changes maybe. I mean talk about growth - I went to back to last week when she wore the black maxi dress when they first arrived at the HOF field to last night's TH.  I thought she said a while back she was a "D" cup... ummmm

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Hotaru said:

I don't know why this forum in general dislikes Christina so much, I like her and think she's pretty. Prettier than Taryn or Brennan that you all adore....

I like Christina (I admit she's not the strongest, but I can't help but root for her).  Honestly, I think Christina, Taryn, and Brennan (I'll even throw in Celinda for the hell of it LOL) are all extremely attractive women.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4

Some thoughts on the ep:

I thought Lacey group seemed kinda weak tonight 

I laughed everytime they show Kyera she’ grinning from ear to ear !!! She’s like see i smile 

Im sorry but Judy has no time for Anthony’s BS , she couldn’t even act excited that he’s there 

I don’t what Judy has against Kyra

I 100% would take Taryn over Christina 

• Love 2

I'm disappointed with the decision to cut Tayrn---I thought she fit a lot better than some of the girls they kept. In regards to Christina, I'm all about an underdog story but this year, Christina came off as a mix of desperation and entitled this year. It could be editing, but I don't need to be reminded how many times you've tried out and for it to always seem like, "I've done this for 5 years so I HAVE to make the team..." got repetitive. All I can say about Savannah is that I hope she hooked Tara up with something---a cruise, a house, some fancy wine, because the only reason she is on this team is because of Tara. The Disney princess look is unique, but I don't think that would have gotten her on the team had she not been a package deal with her former Jets friends. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Savannah and Christina are both very toothy. I am amazed someone would try out for 5 years! Lord.

I'm beginning to think the 5 yr tryout makes for good tv - ie "here's this year comeback girl". Did Christina dance for another team during the 5 yrs? One small issue I have with a 5-yr attempter  is that they do show their age on camera. there was a couple of glimpse of Christina and I could tell - yeah is is a little older than 18-23.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, sATL said:

I'm beginning to think the 5 yr tryout makes for good tv - ie "here's this year comeback girl". Did Christina dance for another team during the 5 yrs? One small issue I have with a 5-yr attempter  is that they do show their age on camera. there was a couple of glimpse of Christina and I could tell - yeah is is a little older than 18-23.

I always root for the older ones! Plus usually with the 24+ girls, I feel like Judy and Kelli have to worry less about them breaking team rules such as Jenna and Holly did. 

• Love 1

I always enjoy this show but found last night's episode actually anti-climatic ..... If Erica was not going to be able to perform .... they should have kept Taryn and worked with her ... she is just as good if not better than Christina who I have been rooting for .... just a sucker for the long shot I guess ;-)

• Love 2

That Ramos guy needs to go. He adds nothing but petty remarks. The DCC say they want world class but Ramos and the comments from K&J are far from world class.

I'll always root for Christina.

Every time I see Jenna I glare at my TV...I'll never forget how you threw your friend under the bus.

Madeline should be point.

I want their rehearsal outfits.

The DCC wear wayyyyy too much makeup. They look like clowns.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Kelli always has a creative way to announce the team and this is one of my favorite parts of the series.  How will she do it this year?  Maybe she should call out every girls' name to meet her in the office.  This would puzzle them for a few seconds.

i lil d it the year she had the blank sheet of paper and said "these are the ones I need to see in my office."

I like it too when she said my list is empty.

2 hours ago, sATL said:

It had to be a combination of bra choice and the top. Hormonal changes maybe. I mean talk about growth - I went to back to last week when she wore the black maxi dress when they first arrived at the HOF field to last night's TH.  I thought she said a while back she was a "D" cup... ummmm

Going through that now it seems like you go to sleep a C cup and wake up a "D" .... you look in the mirror and dang where did they come from ..... grab the oversize shirt !!!  LOL!!!!! 

27 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

That Ramos guy needs to go. He adds nothing but petty remarks. The DCC say they want world class but Ramos and the comments from K&J are far from world class.

I'll always root for Christina.

Every time I see Jenna I glare at my TV...I'll never forget how you threw your friend under the bus.

Madeline should be point.

I want their rehearsal outfits.

The DCC wear wayyyyy too much makeup. They look like clowns.

Yes!!! I mean don't get me wrong, Kashara is awesome at point. I want her to stay there for the season, but maybe next year, Madeline could have a shot. She's been such an amazing DCC story from emotional wreck to a huge asset to the team in so many ways. 

All I can say is, trying to hide Erica this season was LAME! And you know they're going to ignore any and all questions about her sudden disappearance. Ridiculous!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Teresa said:

All I can say is, trying to hide Erica this season was LAME! And you know they're going to ignore any and all questions about her sudden disappearance. Ridiculous!

Just gotta point out that DCC:MTT has never spent any time on Vets except when they're in trouble. So don't think they're trying to hide Erica.  If there's ever been a Vet who left TC and the squad because of an injury, the series hasn't shown it.  We've got 1 more episode, so maybe they'll show something next week, or maybe Erica asked they not show her leaving the squad. Guess we'll find out in a week.

4 hours ago, Random Noise said:

If Kelli and Judy went into auditions with the current DCC standards, would they make the squad? 

I've wondered this too. Of course, I don't know anything about their dance skills when they were younger, so who knows. Judy I'm thinking, yes. Kelli ... don't know.

Edited by KatebytheSea

I hate that Kitty said that Tara was unattractive. Not only do I think it's not true (but I realize beauty is subjective), it's just a very harsh thing to say on TV knowing she's going to see that. That's worse than Kelli saying Chandler looks like a grandma. At least when talking about Alexandria, they just say they don't "like her look." Let's not dog girls' looks on national TV. Euphemisms are good here.

Keyra's mistakes are fixable. And outside of Kalyssa, she's the one TCC praised the most by all outside choreographers, Kelli and Kitty. She deserves to be on the team. Not sure why people feel she's weak -- I think the pressure is just getting to her now. Savannah and Christina, on the other hand. ... And I hate saying that because Savannah was the one TCC I rooted for from the beginning, but girl, get it together.

I don't know if Taryn is better than Christina or Brennan, but all three could easily be dropped and I'd be OK with that.

• Love 5

Welp. I hate to say I "told you so" about the Erica thing but...

I guess actual fans would have liked to get an "explanation" about it, but honestly, there are so many more fans who know nothing about these girls or care about their names..they just see a bunch of pretty cheerleaders and keep it moving.

2 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I hate that Kitty said that Tara was unattractive. Not only do I think it's not true (but I realize beauty is subjective), it's just a very harsh thing to say on TV knowing she's going to see that. That's worse than Kelli saying Chandler looks like a grandma. At least when talking about Alexandria, they just say they don't "like her look." Let's not dog girls' looks on national TV. Euphemisms are good here.

Keyra's mistakes are fixable. And outside of Kalyssa, she's the one TCC praised the most by all outside choreographers, Kelli and Kitty. She deserves to be on the team. Not sure why people feel she's weak -- I think the pressure is just getting to her now. Savannah and Christina, on the other hand. ... And I hate saying that because Savannah was the one TCC I rooted for from the beginning, but girl, get it together.

I don't know if Taryn is better than Christina or Brennan, but all three could easily be dropped and I'd be OK with that.

This. Plus, she has some nerve with those god-awful tacky STREAKS in her hair.

As far as Keyra goes, I think now they're just looking at stuff to pick at because it's down to the wire. Like you said, she can fix everything they commented on.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

"I've done this for 5 years so I HAVE to make the team..."

I didn't see entitlement.  I think she probably meant it as in "I HAVE to because if I don't I'm never trying again."

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

The Disney princess look is unique

Did they say on the show Savannah looks like a Disney princess?  Whoever originated it, I'd love to know the thought process behind it; she's a semi-attractive girl with teeth too large for her mouth and long hair, I'm not really sure how she looks princessy.

Edited by ByTor

I thought they kinda talked about Erica last night when Kelli said it's been a tough two weeks.  You can tell they cut out whatever she said about Erica and left the last few lines in.  I have a feeling they did it this because Erica was a 4 year vet and they probably did like her and didn't want to humiliate her. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I hate that Kitty said that Tara was unattractive.

Ugh, have you looked in the mirror, Kitty?  You might not be able to see it bc it's your fucking personality that is so unattractive. **I shouldn't care this strongly about someone I don't know but my god she rubs me the wrong way.**

And Tara is adorable!

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

Ugh, have you looked in the mirror, Kitty?  You might not be able to see it bc it's your fucking personality that is so unattractive

This!  When she's all dolled up, Kitty is not an unattractive woman, but that personality sucks.  She loves to brag about how she says things other people are afraid to, and I could see her getting praised for doing this when it comes to dance, but to call someone unattractive?  She's crossing the line, especially since, as we all know, "attractive" is an opinion.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Ugh, have you looked in the mirror, Kitty?  You might not be able to see it bc it's your fucking personality that is so unattractive. **I shouldn't care this strongly about someone I don't know but my god she rubs me the wrong way.**

I learned to ignore Kitty because I want to punch her most of the time. She comments on how the girls look but her red hair with chunky blond highlights ages her like 20 years, she looks like she's in her 80s!

I don't get the point of Anthony Ramos.... Why is he here? He is LA version of Neil McCoy, has nothing to offer except boring, idiotic comments....

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Did they say on the show Savannah looks like a Disney princess?  Whoever originated it, I'd love to know the thought process behind it; she's a semi-attractive girl with teeth too large for her mouth and long hair, I'm not really sure how she looks princessy.

I think it was Melissa Rycroft who said she looked like a Disney princess.

I looked at the numbers on the photos with some being difficult to read esp those in red but here is what I saw:

Savannah 13/4/1

Kalayssa 14/1

Molly 13/1/1

Keyra 9/5/1

Christina 11/3/1

Alex 10/4/1

Tara 13/1-obviously  they don't add up to 15

Taryn 3/8/4. Wow!  Did she come in on the coattails of Savannah?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

I hate that Kitty said that Tara was unattractive. Not only do I think it's not true (but I realize beauty is subjective), it's just a very harsh thing to say on TV knowing she's going to see that. That's worse than Kelli saying Chandler looks like a grandma.

Kelli didn't say Chandler looked like a Grandma; that was Tina Kalina, Kelli's Rookie buddy.  Just clarifying! :)

• Love 2

Sorry but I do not think Madeline has the skills or looks to be point girl. The Jones family are the royalty of Dallas just like the Football Hall of Fame is the most inspiring place in the world. I do not think Taryn has the DCC style or dance skills. I agree with Judy about Keyra. She is not a DCC in my books. She struggles and her shape especially her behind and midsection looks soft, and there has been girls in the past who were cut for having the same type of figure. This was another boring episode especially with the fawning over the new Star and the Jones family. Are they seriously trying to prove to all of us the DCCs and the Cowboys football team are the best of the best. Enough...

Edited by bigskygirl

I'll admit that I'm rooting for Savannah, because I think she's adorable, and I like her friendship with Tara. I still remember Danielle crying when her friend from the Jets squad (Jasmine?) was cut after finals. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Taryn was a class act in the meeting with Kelli and Judy.  I noticed they didn't ask her to come back next year or if she was planning on trying out again.

She went back to the Ice Angels. Wonder if she'll audition for the DCC next year or maybe try to get back on the DS Girls.

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Did Charlotte have a cane?  It looks too short for a crutch.  You can see her holding it on stage and then when they zoom in on her after the speeches and it is a dark gray color.

Maybe it's a HurryCane.   :0

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I looked at the numbers on the photos with some being difficult to read esp those in red but here is what I saw:

Savannah 13/4/1

Kalayssa 14/1

Molly 13/1/1

Keyra 9/5/1

Christina 11/3/1

Alex 10/4/1

Tara 13/1-obviously  they don't add up to 15

What do these numbers mean?

This episode just proved even more to me that Kelli simply did not like Taryn's look enough.  She was truly no 'worse' than Christina and honestly I think it speaks a LOT of how much Taryn improved and grew by the fact that she BARELY made it into camp and stayed till the second to last rehearsal! that's wow to me! 

I don't hate Christina.  She reminds me so much of Kat this episode - just so drained emotionally/mentally that it's leaking into everything else.  And like Kat, she's mature and sounds like she's always trying to say the 'right' thing and it doesn't feel genuine tho I really think she IS.  It also doesn't help that the cameras seek her out - I don't think Christina is trying to get so much air time so I can't fault her if she's starting to sound obnoxious to some people.  What else can she say at this point? "I'm working so hard but my kicks still suck.  They aren't anywhere as good as the other girls.  I shouldn't make this team, let's be real, but I still want to because I've always wanted to."  It's just extra frustrating because it just makes the situation with Amy and Taylor seem SO unfair. Their kicks were no worse overall and they both had SO much power and were not blah at all.  Oh well.  I have to believe there is a lot in consideration that we don't get to see. 

Pumped that Tara got so much praise!!! LOVE her.  I have thought she is gorgeous since day 1 and so photogenic.  And if it's true that Gina once said she likes standing next to Tara so she looks better...lmfaooooo.  

Savannah should work with Sydney lol  She comes from the same type of dance background - very technical/great placement but more on the ballet/lyrical very 'soft' kind of dancing.  I remember Sydney saying before that she was called out a lot for not having enough big pop and actually worked one on one with Crystal Trevino to get better at it.  

11 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:
11 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

yes/no/maybe i believe...

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 6

I don't mind Anthony during tryouts, I think it's weird to have him as a judge but as far as asking the girls about their outfits, maybe easing their nerves, interviewing them, and treating them like their celebs or whatever he's harmless. But having him tonight was useless, Judy looked annoyed and lol at their fake ass conversation. 

I still like Christina but I would have picked Taryn over her and I'm not a fan of Savannah. Despite what Kelli said, I don't think she would have made it this far if it wasn't for Tara. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, kathy42977 said:

Which African American  cheerleader is getting favoritism and should be cut?

Keyra?

Kerya is one of the few bright spots. I think she is dancing tight because worried about cuts.  No clue why Judy is hyper focused on her. Hello, Christina???  She needs the hyper focus. She just marks it all. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

My guess is so many maybes? because of kicks.  They said Taryn was the last one into TC.  Kelli then mentioned it (being a last one to TC)  to Judy as what I interpreted as " she was borderline anyway" in another ep.  I wonder, in previous seasons they would draw a line at say 36 and the ones that are below... how realistic is it that they can jump that line and make the team?

1 hour ago, beachespeaches said:

I don't mind Anthony during tryouts, I think it's weird to have him as a judge but as far as asking the girls about their outfits, maybe easing their nerves, interviewing them, and treating them like their celebs or whatever he's harmless. But having him tonight was useless, Judy looked annoyed and lol at their fake ass conversation. 

I don't mind him either.  I think he does a good job at the interviews and little "candid" tryout info.  I think Judy was too busy to deal with "filler" this episode.  There is definitely cross marketing, I am sure he covers or mentions DCC ocassionally on his show.  It suits a business purpose,