Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole & Azan: Supersize My Tagine

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I wonder if he’s not speaking to her and has dumped the dealing with  her on the sister.

and now, instead of blaming everything on bad internet connection, he can blame the language barrier. Wafa instead of WiFi? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Horrified said:

I believe Azan is a scammer, but a bad one who got both lucky and cursed with Nicole.  I don't believe he is a sociopath with no conscience, I think he is just a young guy who is doing what some of his friends are doing, because its easy money.

I think he's been doing the phone and internet thing for a while.  Its probably easy pickings to scam small amounts from multiple women for an extended period, but he isn't smooth enough or experienced enough to get big bucks from a single mark.

With Nicole however, his plan totally blew up in his face because SHE SHOWED UP!!  Azan wasn't practiced enough or cold-hearted enough to nip that thing in the bud.  The fact that he hasn't been able to shake her shows how much of an amateur he is at this stuff.  Where he lucked out was the fact that she was the source of more money than the other ladies he's been romancing online.  Not a fortune, but still pretty good bucks and a potential ticket to the land of opportunity.

The other thing that leads me to think he's an amateur is how giggly or clearly evasive he gets in some of the talking heads.  Its easy to lie in texts or emails, but to someone's face/camera?  Only a con with zero conscience can do that without a tell.   Exhibit A:  David.

Edited to add:  the reason Azan took Nicole for $6K is that he's finally reached his limit with her.  Even a bad con can get fed up.  

I think you are right.  A genuinely good con-man would have got that $6000 from her without letting her anywhere near his home.

• Love 9

My guess is that the $6K is part of what Nicole made for filming this season. Plus, any time she came to Morocco, I believe Azan could also be paid for filming so he would certainly be in favor of that and in fact would want to drag out the Moroccan episodes to get more paid air time. I also think they're both angling for another season with gullible Nicole thinking the wedding is actually going to happen and Azan working to weasel out of it. But, all of this is just my theory. 

edited to add: I also don't think Azan's end game was ever to come to the US. He's living an easy life in Morocco, drinking with his friends, going to the gym and doesn't have to have a real job or any skills since there are plenty of desperate women around the world that are willing to send him money in exchange for some internet love bombing. When Nicole came into the picture and later the chance to make (to him) a great deal of money from a TV show, his con game paid off big time! All he has to do is play along and come up with new stall tactics. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Horrified said:

I believe Azan is a scammer, but a bad one who got both lucky and cursed with Nicole.  I don't believe he is a sociopath with no conscience, I think he is just a young guy who is doing what some of his friends are doing, because its easy money.

I agree.  I think Azan and his friends probably laugh at the "dumb American and European women" they can scam so easily.

Scamming Nicole was like shooting fish in a barrel, she was so damn easy to fool.  I think about her comment to that restaurant owner, "my dad's hoping for pigs in a blanket."  Nicole probably didn't even realize how dumb that comment was.

• Love 12

I think Azan scammed Nicole, obviously, but when it seemed like the wedding was imminent, he also tried to scam TLC to get more money via Nicole. Nicole and Azan mysteriously disappeared, and then during the interview when they resurfaced, the first thing Azan said was, "We need more money". When that didn't happen, Azan decided to cut his losses, and settled for Nicole's last $6000 for the fake beauty/makeup/health shop. He's despicable, but I'm sure he doesn't care what anyone thinks - he made a bundle for himself and his family, courtesy of Nicole.

• Love 12

Just looking at Nicole’s face when they resumed filming after going missing their shoot, it was swollen and her eyes looked like she hadn’t slept. From her body language you could tell she was pulling away from Azan and her answers were right out of a script,

I think Azan took the money for the wedding from her and then basically told her of his plan to open a shop and that he had already spent the money on it. 

He left the door open for a future wedding, saying that they needed to get the store up and running first and that would take more money. 

So I guess his plan is she goes home to Florida and he starts calling her again and then tells her “WE need money for supplies and other stuff, the store will be ready “very soon”maybe a “couple weeks” “very close to ready” “there’s a problem, we need a little bit more money” “ opening next week” “ opening delayed a few days” “send a bit of money” 

I can see her flying back to check out the store, If she’s smart (and we know she’s not) she’ll take someone with her and NOT let Azan know she’s on the way. Or better yet hire a PI (Mother Chantel has the # of one) to go and follow Azan around and see just what’s going on. Thats a lot cheaper than being squeezed for moreover time.

Family Chantel should be watching this shit closely.. Talking about harvesting the American dollar!!

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, jenifaohjenny said:

They are still together, correct? As of July on her Instagram. So does he plan to keep this going and get through another season of the show to pocket more cash?

As long as she sends money he’ll keep accepting. I’m sure the two of them are playing TLC to some extent. Her in the hope that the shop is real and he will marry her, him to keep the money flowing from TLC to her to him. 

If TLC is still paying/filming them, then they are part of the con, but victims also. 

• Love 7

Remember the first tell-all when they would play footage of them arguing and Azan was laughing? It seemed so out of place we, or at least I was wondering, was he out of sync because of some time lag, or was he nervous? No, Azan thought it was FUNNY. He enjoyed making Nicole upset. He probably resented the hell out of her at that point, her blind stupidity, her constantly pushing herself on him, and he was laughing at how she looked on camera, so upset. He despised her and he didn't care to hide it. Perhaps he wanted people to see it. Perhaps in his small mind it was a way of saving his dignity, of saying to the world, look, I don't love this ginormous fat woman... shallow vain creature that he is.

Nicole is hateful and rotten but I wish he would let her go.

And yes, TLC is part of the con. They might as well just cut Nicole's check to Azan.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

Just looking at Nicole’s face when they resumed filming after going missing their shoot, it was swollen and her eyes looked like she hadn’t slept. From her body language you could tell she was pulling away from Azan and her answers were right out of a script,

I think Azan took the money for the wedding from her and then basically told her of his plan to open a shop and that he had already spent the money on it. 

He left the door open for a future wedding, saying that they needed to get the store up and running first and that would take more money. 

So I guess his plan is she goes home to Florida and he starts calling her again and then tells her “WE need money for supplies and other stuff, the store will be ready “very soon”maybe a “couple weeks” “very close to ready” “there’s a problem, we need a little bit more money” “ opening next week” “ opening delayed a few days” “send a bit of money” 

I can see her flying back to check out the store, If she’s smart (and we know she’s not) she’ll take someone with her and NOT let Azan know she’s on the way. Or better yet hire a PI (Mother Chantel has the # of one) to go and follow Azan around and see just what’s going on. Thats a lot cheaper than being squeezed for moreover time.

Family Chantel should be watching this shit closely.. Talking about harvesting the American dollar!!

Nicole looked heartbroken, like a prisoner that had been punched in the stomach. "Now go out there and tell them what I told you to say."

Fallacy of sunk costs, right? Nicole, if you don't send me another $300 now, we will lose the whole store and you will lose the whole  $6000.

All Azan needs to do is go stand inside a store and take a picture and say, look, Honey, look at our store!

If he has a friend with a store, he can give the friend $50 to pretend it is Azan's store when he brings her by. Look at our grand store!

She will go back because she will do anything to be near him. Poor desperate fool.

Just don't bring Mae into it.

I'm not a yet grandmother, but I feel like I could threaten Azan's family with Interpol if they didn't let me take Baby Mae with me. If they refused to let Mae stay with them in that apartment any longer, Nicole wouldn't have a choice. Seriously, that situation is no longer friendly. I would have figured out something sitting there in that hotel room. I'd tell Nicole she wouldn't be staying with me when she returned to the states with no money unless she let me take Mae back. I'm just brainstorming here, but I would have figured out something! It would have been a 'not without my granddaughter' scenario. #SallyFields

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Just don't bring Mae into it.

Yep - Nicole, go to Morocco, go anywhere, we don't care.  You are boring, loud, a bully with zero personality and to make the final point, dull.  Leave your daughter with your sister or your mom so she can be read to m played with, eat food other than fries, meet other little kids on the playground and go to school.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think about her comment to that restaurant owner, "my dad's hoping for pigs in a blanket."  Nicole probably didn't even realize how dumb that comment was.

Her father's trolling is on point.

He also wanted Kool-Aid, chicken nuggets, a platter of orange processed cheese slices and peanut butter sandwiches with the crust off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I think about her comment to that restaurant owner, "my dad's hoping for pigs in a blanket."  Nicole probably didn't even realize how dumb that comment was.

Nicole, YOU are a pig in a blanket.

• Love 6

The only thing that pisses me off about Azan and his mark, Nicole, is that she has a child. You're letting this child call you daddy, but you have zero concern for her wellbeing because once you're done bilking her idiotic mother out of every red cent, you'll disappear out of her life, too. He took her entire savings without an ounce of regard for that child or how it would impact her. He carries on like he cares about May, but then, he goes and scams Nicole out of every penny knowing she now has no home, job, etc. to support that child.

If the rumours are true, then, she is living with her sister. Probably still unemployed. I believe that she was waiting on him/his family to buy a ticket for her to return. The red screen of doom said she was planning on returning, so it fits the narrative.. Leave that innocent baby at home with your grandparents, Nicole. It's now August, so school should be starting this month or next month anyway.

Their faux wedding special was on again yesterday, and it annoys me how Nicole squeezes her behind in between May and Azan. It drives me nuts when her car seat isn't in the middle of the car when they're riding, too. She did it again when they were talking to her mum. May should've been in between them. She was looking down and had headphones on again, so she shouldn't have known the conversation that was going on above her head anyway.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

The only thing that pisses me off about Azan and his mark, Nicole, is that she has a child. You're letting this child call you daddy, but you have zero concern for her wellbeing because once you're done bilking her idiotic mother out of every red cent, you'll disappear out of her life, too. He took her entire savings without an ounce of regard for that child or how it would impact her. He carries on like he cares about May, but then, he goes and scams Nicole out of every penny knowing she now has no home, job, etc. to support that child.

If the rumours are true, then, she is living with her sister. Probably still unemployed. I believe that she was waiting on him/his family to buy a ticket for her to return. The red screen of doom said she was planning on returning, so it fits the narrative.. Leave that innocent baby at home with your grandparents, Nicole. It's now August, so school should be starting this month or next month anyway.

Their faux wedding special was on again yesterday, and it annoys me how Nicole squeezes her behind in between May and Azan. It drives me nuts when her car seat isn't in the middle of the car when they're riding, too. She did it again when they were talking to her mum. May should've been in between them. She was looking down and had headphones on again, so she shouldn't have known the conversation that was going on above her head anyway.

What makes Nicole so disgusting to me is not her weight or her greasy hair or her love of LuLaRoe or even that she got into this relationship because she was sad and lonely and desperate; it's that she is perfectly okay with using May as leverage towards her family and has absolutely no rational concern about her daughter's wellbeing. Even being desperate, A good mother would say, okay I'm going to meet this man or go live there for a month, but I'm not going to uproot my small daughter and expose her to him and his family because I really don't know them fully.  A good mom would not spend her entire savings or extra cash on her pretend relationship while her daughter lives in a hovel and eats fries off of a comforter.  And as for Azan, the most disgusting thing about him isn't that he conned Nicole, it's that he willingly took money and asked for more and more from a single mother.  And continued to do so.  Go scam lonely women with self esteem problems, Azan, but if they have a child- stop and move on.  Nicole was an easy mark, but she doesn't have a dime.  Azan invested way too much time and dignity to just end up with $6000; 3 years and that's the big payoff?.  At least find a woman with a regular income.  he succeeded in his con, but now he has a stage 5 clinger in love with him and not willing to let go.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

I can’t blame Azan for not having any concern for May. He’s a con artist, a scammer. Responsibility for May falls squarely on her mother’s shoulders. She chose to be a single mother and once she made that choice she’s obligated till May is grown. 

I’m not defending Azan at all, but Nicole is a grown woman who jumped into this mess with both feet and eyes wide open. She had plenty of red flags and ignored them and the warnings of her family. Instead of thinking of her daughter and trying to protect her in case things didn’t work out, she encouraged May to call this guy daddy and played with her emotions just like Azan played with hers. Any harm done to May falls on Nicole.

• Love 23
26 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

What makes Nicole so disgusting to me is not her weight or her greasy hair or her love of LuLaRoe or even that she got into this relationship because she was sad and lonely and desperate; it's that she is perfectly okay with using May as leverage towards her family and has absolutely no rational concern about her daughter's wellbeing. Even being desperate, A good mother would say, okay I'm going to meet this man or go live there for a month, but I'm not going to uproot my small daughter and expose her to him and his family because I really don't know them fully.  A good mom would not spend her entire savings or extra cash on her pretend relationship while her daughter lives in a hovel and eats fries off of a comforter.  And as for Azan, the most disgusting thing about him isn't that he conned Nicole, it's that he willingly took money and asked for more and more from a single mother.  And continued to do so.  Go scam lonely women with self esteem problems, Azan, but if they have a child- stop and move on.  Nicole was an easy mark, but she doesn't have a dime.  Azan invested way too much time and dignity to just end up with $6000; 3 years and that's the big payoff?.  At least find a woman with a regular income.  he succeeded in his con, but now he has a stage 5 clinger in love with him and not willing to let go.

All of this. He won't get rid of Nicole. Even if he ghosts her, changes all numbers, moves, etc., I firmly believe she'll still show up in that country and be hunting him down. She's neurotically obsessed with him, and he knows that no matter how horribly he treats her, she'll keep coming back. This is the same scheming scammer that knew you had given up your apartment and had to leave the country in 14 or less days but still wouldn't legally marry you despite you and your daughter not having a home to return to once you got off the plane. Obviously neither set of parents wanted to be bothered or she wouldn't be living with the sister. 

I'm 100% with you. You want to scam desperate, lonely women? Fine. That's you if you want to have the morals of a maggot, but leave single mothers out of it. He should've moved on longgggg ago. He obviously has no qualms because he has been living off her for 2-3 years. Every dollar he took was a dollar that could've went towards May. I noticed that he had on an Apple or Samsung watch. Last time I checked, unemployed people can't just get those willy nilly. I don't understand why we haven't seen his family asking questions. It makes me wonder if they're in on the scam or are just blissfully unaware of what their loving son and brother is really up to. I can't imagine too many mothers being proud of a man for taking money from a child.

Someone said in this thread or the Tell All thread that he's probably different on screen vs. off screen. I absolutely believe that. You could tell he was pissed when she didn't send the right amount of money just before she was about to board. She was talking in a way that sounded like she was trying to keep him calm. It's the way I talk to my toddler when I feel that she's about to have a tantrum.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I can’t blame Azan for not having any concern for May. He’s a con artist, a scammer. Responsibility for May falls squarely on her mother’s shoulders. She chose to be a single mother and once she made that choice she’s obligated till May is grown. 

I’m not defending Azan at all, but Nicole is a grown woman who jumped into this mess with both feet and eyes wide open. She had plenty of red flags and ignored them and the warnings of her family. Instead of thinking of her daughter and trying to protect her in case things didn’t work out, she encouraged May to call this guy daddy and played with her emotions just like Azan played with hers. Any harm done to May falls on Nicole.

While I agree, we all know the elevator doesn't go to the top floor. Logical and paying attention to red flags completely miss the mark with this one. She's already said she doesn't think about things like him getting cold feet and doesn't see anything suspicious about investing blindly into a "business" or store she's never physically seen. She has tunnel vision and lashes out when anyone dares to present a sound argument or factual information that challenges her desires. Nicole is grown because of age, but her maturity level rivals that of my nine year old. Did you see her sticking her fingers in her ears when her mum was talking? Like trying to tune her out and mentally thinking, "La la la la. I can't hear you." Definitely doesn't strike me as someone who is capable and mature enough to put her child's needs first. I wouldn't trust Nicole to watch my Betta Fish or keep them alive, and they require very little. 

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 9

Nicole is totally 100% responsible for dragging May into this mess. It lands at her door.  Azan is just gross for disregarding a small child in this situation.  At least Moho picked a woman with almost grown kids.  And it sounded like in the beginning, Mo was giving money to Danielle to help her care for her children. 

• Love 5

At the end of the day, May's wellbeing is Nicole's responsibility and hers alone. But I find Azan's behavior despicable mostly for one reason: He used May as a chess piece. 

He's not Louis who was very open about his refusal to play stepdaddy. Instead, Azan was very involved and constantly fussing over May. Of course, he did it to shield himself from Nicole and keep his hands and mind busy - as someone here said: He used her as his personal fidget spinner. Only problem is: May doesn't know that. For her, "daddy" was being loving and attentive, and I'm convinced that she bonded with him. 

He can crush Nicole all he wants. But to use a small child in your con and watch her get attached to you? That is brutal. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, iwasish said:

As long as she sends money he’ll keep accepting. I’m sure the two of them are playing TLC to some extent. Her in the hope that the shop is real and he will marry her, him to keep the money flowing from TLC to her to him. 

If TLC is still paying/filming them, then they are part of the con, but victims also. 

I would disappointed if TLC continues with Nicole and Azan.  They were super pissed when Molly and Luis got married off screen. After 3 seasons of this circus they should cut their losses and enough is enough out of principal.  No more will they get married? season for these two losers. 

• Love 2

To say Azan was out of line because he picked on a single mother is sort of irrelevant.  Nicole will NEVER use her money to give May a better life.  If she hadn't given the money to Azan she would have given it to some other scammer.  If it wasn't Azan May was calling daddy it would have been another man - likely someone else who will also leave Nicole when he has gotten whatever he wants.  Nicole wants a MAN.  It isn't like she was this poor struggling mother who was simply conned and now feels really bad because she knows she could have spent the money on May.  She had no interest in making a better life for her child.  She thinks she is completely justified in her actions.  She is like Molly saying "I deserve to be happy."  If Azan had told her he hated children, she would have happily dumped May on her family and flown off to Morocco without her.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Azan invested way too much time and dignity to just end up with $6000; 3 years and that's the big payoff?

I think the $6K is only a PORTION of the  money she has sent him over the past three seasons she's been getting a 90 DF paycheck. It's what she brought with her on this trip, naively believing that they would be living off it until Azan miraculously found a job to support the three of them. And I think they're both trying to wrangle another season of their "journey" and paychecks for both of them. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

At the end of the day, May's wellbeing is Nicole's responsibility and hers alone. But I find Azan's behavior despicable mostly for one reason: He used May as a chess piece. 

He's not Louis who was very open about his refusal to play stepdaddy. Instead, Azan was very involved and constantly fussing over May. Of course, he did it to shield himself from Nicole and keep his hands and mind busy - as someone here said: He used her as his personal fidget spinner. Only problem is: May doesn't know that. For her, "daddy" was being loving and attentive, and I'm convinced that she bonded with him. 

He can crush Nicole all he wants. But to use a small child in your con and watch her get attached to you? That is brutal. 

I think this is what bothers me. I'm pretty sure after three months of being around him, talking to him over the years, etc., May has probably bonded with him. He's probably the only "father" she has known, and just like he snatched this fantasy of a wedding from her mother, he's going to snatch his loving, attentive behaviour of daddy dearest away from her. Nicole is grown because of age, but May is an innocent child and shouldn't be collateral in his con. Luis was upfront and honest about never really wanting to be the doting father figure or stepfather. Molly stupidly chose to ignore him saying that in favour of listening to her lady parts. Sadly, the dynamic with Molly/Olivia will be the same with Nicole and May. What makes this all the more convoluted is Azan had no qualms about letting May call him daddy, acting as a father, and bonding with her. It was all part of the con, and that is heartless to the core. I hope that $6k payout was worth potentially hurting that little girl.

Personally, I hope TLC doesn't bring them back. It's just pathetic to watch now. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

While I agree, we all know the elevator doesn't go to the top floor. Logical and paying attention to red flags completely miss the mark with this one. She's already said she doesn't think about things like him getting cold feet and doesn't see anything suspicious about investing blindly into a "business" or store she's never physically seen. She has tunnel vision and lashes out when anyone dares to present a sound argument or factual information that challenges her desires. Nicole is grown because of age, but her maturity level rivals that of my nine year old. Did you see her sticking her fingers in her ears when her mum was talking? Like trying to tune her out and mentally thinking, "La la la la. I can't hear you." Definitely doesn't strike me as someone who is capable and mature enough to put her child's needs first. I wouldn't trust Nicole to watch my Betta Fish or keep them alive, and they require very little. 

Sadly, she’s an adult in the eyes of society and the law. She may be immature or mentally/intellectually handicapped but that’s not enough to interfere with her parenting at least legally. 

Robalee is no help. She should have blasted her when she announced the cancellation of the second wedding and let Azan have it too. He’s not the greatest scammer but he wasn’t getting any real resistance from Nicole or Robalee. Had Robalee gotten in his face in public and demanded some answers he might have folded a bit. And when Nicole was sitting there with her fingers in her ears she could have told her that if she was staying til the visa expired fine, but pack Mays stuff because I am taking her home. I think even Azan would have backed her on that. 

• Love 5

Let's remember that this whole plan to move to & marry in Morocco was Nicole's! You could see the little gears turning when the lawyer presented the K3 option.

Nicole excitedly rushes to the phone to lay out HER plans to Azan in her finest baby voice, with accompanying hair twirling & pursed lips.

Then, without further ado she empties her dirty little hovel, packs her LuluRo modest clothing and adorable side-kick May, and they're off to Morocco!  We cannot forget she's trying to calm down Azan about some paltry $200 while shepherding a toddler and two tons of luggage onto an airplane. 

I'm of the firm belief that the Family Azan was in on the love rat scam. And they did it on international television. Un-freakin'-believable! 

Why did not Azan more forcefully encourage Nicole to leave with Robbalee? The TV cameras had left, he had the 6k, what was with Nicole's fantasy of "staying another two weeks as a family" ? I'm interested in those last two weeks. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

Sadly, she’s an adult in the eyes of society and the law. She may be immature or mentally/intellectually handicapped but that’s not enough to interfere with her parenting at least legally. 

Robalee is no help. She should have blasted her when she announced the cancellation of the second wedding and let Azan have it too. He’s not the greatest scammer but he wasn’t getting any real resistance from Nicole or Robalee. Had Robalee gotten in his face in public and demanded some answers he might have folded a bit. And when Nicole was sitting there with her fingers in her ears she could have told her that if she was staying til the visa expired fine, but pack Mays stuff because I am taking her home. I think even Azan would have backed her on that. 

Agreed. I don't understand this gentle way of handling Nicole. It's like walking on eggshells or like she's afraid of her. If she gets mad, so what? She threatened to take May to Morocco as leverage and did it anyway. When that failed, she came back home with her tail tucked. The whole family does that coddling thing. It reminds me of tip toeing to avoid a landmine. We saw Nicole put her hands on Azan, so I suspect that wasn't the first time she's used her size to intimidate others and physically bulldoze. Considering Nicole growled at her mum about the wedding not fitting on her timeline, I didn't expect Robalee to get in Azan's face. She backed down. Where's a Mother Chantel type when you need her? I get the feeling Azan would fold like a piece of a paper if he was going toe to toe with somebody who wasn't afraid of upsetting him or their daughter.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

Let's remember that this whole plan to move to & marry in Morocco was Nicole's! You could see the little gears turning when the lawyer presented the K3 option.

Nicole excitedly rushes to the phone to lay out HER plans to Azan in her finest baby voice, with accompanying hair twirling & pursed lips.

Then, without further ado she empties her dirty little hovel, packs her LuluRo modest clothing and adorable side-kick May, and they're off to Morocco!  We cannot forget she's trying to calm down Azan about some paltry $200 while shepherding a toddler and two tons of luggage onto an airplane. 

I'm of the firm belief that the Family Azan was in on the love rat scam. And they did it on international television. Un-freakin'-believable! 

Why did not Azan more forcefully encourage Nicole to leave with Robbalee? The TV cameras had left, he had the 6k, what was with Nicole's fantasy of "staying another two weeks as a family" ? I'm interested in those last two weeks. 

To try and convince him to marry her at least legally. 

I wonder if the producers found that attorney and interviewed her prior to Nicoles appt and maybe even learned of and suggested that the attorney steer Nicole in the direction of the K3 visa.  I wouldn’t put it past them.

• Love 5

As Auntie Advice said, "I'd like to see Nicole speak to Wafa (waffle) like she spoke to her mother. Wafa probably has a sword under all those clothes, and would've slashed her neck!" 

Was Nicole trying to entertain us when she sniped/sneered, out of the blue,  "sorry our wedding doesn't meet your timeline!" She's a nasty piece of work, oh yes.

• Love 7

@iwasish, I'm sure the attorney was interviewed prior to her close-up, lol. She was probably paid well, and had TV exposure for her business.

Interesting theory, but the shenanigans about the K3 probably were the lawyer's idea. Maybe she told them "hey, I can make this situation really go viral!" And she did.

On the other hand, your theory is probably more accurate (that TLC suggested she tell Nicole about the K3 visa). TLC producers are becoming experts by now.

@AussieBabe, I think her family has been physically shoved around, specifically her mother & probably her bio dad. Her mom calls it "bulldozing." It wouldn't surprise me one bit that Nicole is, at least partially, the cause of Robbalee's health issues (some say stroke, others say Bell's palsy).

Why she puts up with baby Beluga is not really known. I hope she will reel in the money hand-outs.

• Love 5

I think the producers put out all sorts of "casting calls" for participating on 90DF: attorneys, photographers, modeling agents, private investigators, potential employers, therapists, physicians, and even friends. ALL of the interactions are scripted!  

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Nicole, you better tell your Dad that Muslims don't eat pork. There go his pigs in a blanket at the wedding reception. The wedding reception that will never take place. Fools.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

I cannot believe I am about to defend Nicole <sigh>

I agree with everything you've said, above. On the other hand....

Nicole is in an impossible position, one that even an attractive, smart, mature individual might find difficult to gracefully extricate themselves from (and we all know Nicole is NOT attractive, smart, and mature - so she's already at a disadvantage).

Fact is, Nicole is an overweight single mother of (most likely) less-than-average intelligence, with no outstanding positive personality traits or talents. All of these things work against her insofar as attracting a quality man. Hence the reason she went trawling for foreign men online in the first place. Most young women her age (24) have completed their education (many college graduates), have begun their careers, and have boyfriends, are engaged, or already married. Nicole had a dead-end job with little hope for advancement, and was/is desperate for male attention (as many young women her age are).

Yes, she is lazy. Yes, she manipulates people to get what she wants as opposed to making personal sacrifices to better herself.

But life does not have a rewind button.

Even though SHE created the mess she's in, she really can't "take it back." It's DONE.

What makes Nicole's situation unique is it has played out ON TV in front of millions of people (yes - it was HER CHOICE to do that. But again, what's done is done).

It may very well be she does realize she's been had by Azan, and in fact she may have realized it quite some time ago. But....the situation is such that she's so deep into it now the two options she has both suck.

She can admit to herself, her family, her friends - and the millions of viewers of "90 Day Fiancé: Before The 90 Days" - that she made some bad choices and was scammed, and by extension admit Azan never did love her, never had any intention of marrying her. To someone who is already emotionally/intellectually stunted and insecure, that's devastating and soul-crushing. In addition, such an admission means she will be forced to endure years of "I KNEW it!" and "I TOLD you so" from not only her family and friends, but those millions of viewers as well. It will be humiliating, and the humiliation will likely continue for years.

Her other option is to keep the dream alive as long as her wallet holds out. Yes, in reality taking that route only delays the inevitable. Maybe she's hoping if she holds on long enough, Azan will get hit by a bus, or she'll meet someone better - allowing HER to dump HIM to save face (neither one is likely, of course).

My point is, at this juncture it's a "lesser of two evils" choice, except there is NO "lesser." Either way, Nicole loses in a very personal, and public - way.

And while the situation is of her own making, it's obvious Nicole doesn't have the emotional fortitude to deal with the fallout regardless of the choice she makes, and will likely come out on the other side much worse for wear.

Because of that, I do feel a bit sorry for her.

Of course, May is a victim of both her mother, Nicole, and Azan. May should NEVER have been involved I this mess - Nicole is a mother-in-name-only.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 16

@TwirlyGirly Well written post.

The third option would be for her to take control, break it off, and stay off TV. That would require some level of self-awareness like admitting to herself that she deserves better, though. She could simply privately admit that he scammed her or never loved her. He won't marry her, but he also won't let her go. It's better to be alone and treat yourself well than to be with somebody who throws you scraps and wants you because of what you can give them.

Nicole could make better choices and create a better life for herself and child. She chooses not to. She could choose to lose weight and be more healthy. She could go to community college or learn skill/trade. She'd rather manipulate those around her, continue working a dead end job, and chase behind a fantasy. TLC needs to pull the plug on her and Azan. As long as they're around, there's money for her to make to send to him.

The best thing her family can do is quit her cold turkey. They are enablers. If you knew she was sending a portion of her paycheck, TLC earnings, income tax, etc. and didn't have gas for her car or all that, there was no reason to let her borrow money. They need to stop loaning her money. Now, that she has uprooted May once, the father needs to withdraw any plans of sponsorship. Initially he did it because she threatened to take May to live. She's done that and is back at home. I wouldn't keep supporting her delusion. Let her get it out the mud on her own but keep May out of it.

• Love 8

@TwirlyGirly I agree with you that Nicole isn’t “stellar” regarding personality or intelligence, and as such an overweight single mother she might have a harder time meeting a quality guy but I honestly don’t think it’s as hopeless or dire as you seem to. She’s also white and blonde which goes a long way for some people. 

If Nicole were simply NICE with decent self esteem, a kind/loving and attentive mother I do think she could meet a similarly matched guy- meaning a guy who wasn’t “stellar” either, but kind, worked full time, cared about her for her and would be a step dad to Mae. 

Nicole doesn’t want a “similarly matched guy”- she wants a fantasy because she’s an immature twit. Azan fits the fantasy. Another guy from her hometown who worked full time at retail and had a studio apartment, but no record or drug/alcohol problem, actually liked her and just wanted companionship wouldn’t appeal to her. 

If you watch Teen Mom: OG (I may have seen you there)- I’m thinking of a Gary type. Granted Gary’s wife Christina is prettier than Nicole (to me) and she seems to have a lot more domestic skills, as well as working full time before they got married. But she could pull a Gary type- and Gary is a GOOD MAN. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

I think the $6K is only a PORTION of the  money she has sent him over the past three seasons she's been getting a 90 DF paycheck. It's what she brought with her on this trip, naively believing that they would be living off it until Azan miraculously found a job to support the three of them. And I think they're both trying to wrangle another season of their "journey" and paychecks for both of them. 

Oh , she undoubtedly gave him much more over the years, but I thought it seemed like this was the big one, the final payoff and then Azan was gonna cut her loose and ghost her.  He should have done it before she came over while her feet were still on American soil, b/c $6000 isn't alot after being manhandled by Nicole and pressured in person to marry.If it were $20 K in a lump sum , I get it, but Nicole is dirt poor and that's all she has.  It'll be awhile before she can send him anything else (and you know she will).

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, iwasish said:

I know ~ and it just keeps getting stupider and stupider......

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

No, Azan thought it was FUNNY.

I finally caught the whole Nicole/Azan special and noticed he laughed at her a lot.  It was as if he could not believe she was so stupid.

7 hours ago, Matty said:

Nicole, you better tell your Dad that Muslims don't eat pork. There go his pigs in a blanket at the wedding reception. The wedding reception that will never take place. Fools.

Seriously?  Who doesn't know that?

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, jumper sage said:
8 hours ago, Matty said:

Seriously?  Who doesn't know that?

I think her dad was joking and she didn't get it.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Lynn said:

I think her dad was joking and she didn't get it.

Her dad probably said it knowing she would say something to someone and come across as an idiot, the idiot he knows she is.

Nicole said her dad and his wife “were not happy” with the second cancellation, I’m betting her dad ripped her one,  His wife didnt seem like a shrinking violet either.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Matty said:

I can only imagine what people from other countries think of us Americans.

• Love 4

One nice thing about Nicole and Azan is that they both have heads the same width as their necks.

I've noticed that for however many seasons they've been on, whenever someone rides to or from the airport, they seem to be in the same dusty blue Kia Sportage. It doesn't appear to be driven by any of Azan's family, or at least they never seem to acknowledge the driver. Is a blue Sportage the yellow Prius of Moroccan taxis? The black Camry of Moroccan Ubers? Is there only one shuttle service from Marrakech to Taroudant(?), and it's a blue Sportage? I'm too hung up on this stupid Sportage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6