Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: The Next Step

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, kacesq said:

I think they handled Holly's departure pretty well this episode. No drama, quick explanation, moving on...

Loved Jenna hugging Kashara. I thought that was very gracious of Jenna. I agree that Jenna knows Thunderstruck inside and out, I think Judy just wanted her to practice because she's in the proverbial doghouse right now. 

They also changed some of the choreo for Thundersruck.

• Love 1

Holly should have resigned.  They should have cut her and she can't help herself so she would have screwed up and then been cut.  Holly is not capable of sucking it up and being humble.

I loved the blocking portion and Kashara getting point.  I believe Kashara rocked it and K and J want someone who has no issues.  Kashara is humble, sexy, and fun. Jenna should have been put in the back row for the rest of the season because she does not deserve to be any where she gets noticed.  She needs to go.  Looking forward to seeing more of her whining and K and J putting her in her place.  The hug was for K and J's benefit but it was well played.

So proud of Maddie.  She looked great and has come a long way from her first training camp.  K and J should use her more as an example for the comeback girls.  She's always being shown helping the rookies.  

And why is Yuko there???  she's horrible.  Yes she's cute but she cannot DCC dance.

Gina is fake.  She will be the new mean girl.  

• Love 9

I think Jenna being told to get off her booty was also partly because everyone was dying so why should she be allowed to relax and sit down? That heat is no joke---trouble or not, you need to be dying with the rest of them. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Just a thought..perhaps they don't change the images until they announce the new team....I did not even catch the Holly being on show group in that show...I will have to re watch

You're correct.

3 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I noticed Lacey was crying.   I'm assuming it's because Kashara got her spot.  I'm sure she was pissed. 

Bye Brennan.  Never thought she was attractive and she annoyed the shit out of me.   Very desperate. 

Jenna's hug was totally phony.  

I doubt she was crying because she was "pissed." she may have been disappointed, but I don't think her crying was in relation to her not being chosen.

32 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Didn't Shelley make it sound like being point wasn't such a big deal a few years ago?  Um, last night seemed like a pretty big deal...to me at least.

Yeah, that was a few years ago. I'm sure the girls were equally as excited for the girl who was chosen for point, but perhaps it wasn't as big as we make it on here.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Me too!!! 

Also, Jenna is on her 6th year, she doesn’t NEED to practice Thunderstruck. But I loooved Judy saying “f it” and taking off her shoes hahaha

No, she doesn't NEED to practice it, however it doesn't look very good for the entire team to be working hard in the heat, and the person who caused the need to redo the entire blocking is sitting in the shade relaxing. I would have made her dance as well. 

• Love 21

I feel so bad for a young lady when I think that she is cut because she does not have the right look, particularly when her look has to do with a physical feature which is either impossible or hard to change short of a surgical alteration.  Brennan has a nice personality, works very hard, is a good dancer, and has a perfect body, but as I've said before, her sharper nose gives her face a more severe aspect.  I personally think that more severe look is what got her cut, and short of rhinoplasty (a nose job) she cannot do anything about that.  

That final clip where Jenna says that she feels like she continues to be punished -- what is that about I wonder?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, California Girl said:

That final clip where Jenna says that she feels like she continues to be punished -- what is that about I wonder?

Jenna should have been cut right along with Holly from the get go (and not given the chance to resign).  Now she needs to just go away.  Also the more I think about it as a Kentucky resident I'm really irritated (for lack of a better word) about Kelli's mocking of KaShara's accent.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Changed wording slightly
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Jenna should have been cut right along with Holly from the get go (and not given the chance to resign).  Now she needs to just go away.  Also the more I think about it as a Kentucky resident I'm really irritated (for lack of a better word) about Kelli's mocking of KaShara's accent.

You think Jenna should have been cut for not being a better leader? As in not succeeding in taming Holly? Or should she have been cut for trying to handle it on her own and not tattling? 

• Love 3

*Ginas face continues to big me

* I love savannah, but based on what im seeing, no way she should have made the team. Also, her teeth bug the crap outta me

*Brennen just didnt have the look......

*Tired of seeing tasha

*Loved seeing the blocking and Kashara at point

• Love 5

I'm gonna be shallow for a moment. I am so glad they finally cut Brennan. I cannot stand watching her talk. Her head just moves so freaking much it drives me mental. Has nothing to do with dancing or her being a good DCC, though I don't think she is a good fit for this team, but I can't want her talk. They could have cut Christina too and I wouldn't have been sad at all, but I'm glad Brennan is gone for my own sanity. And I'm thrilled to hear she won't be coming back. 

I am also glad that that was all they said about the Holly thing. She resigned, we have to move girls around, let's get going. It was the right way to handle it. Acknowledge it happened, don't go into detail and move on. 

I loved how much technical and dance stuff we got to see. The blocking, the rehearsal on the small stage and all the talk about how different it is for the girls vs the field. That is interesting to me. Gina memorizing facts about her competition not so much. She sounded fake as hell rattling off those stats. I don't for a second think she gives two shits about any of the girls she mentioned. She just needed names and facts to give in case she got called in again. 

I do think Jenna's hug was genuine. But maybe that's because I just can't imagine anyone not being happy for cute as a button Kashara. That girl is just adorable. IDK if she's a strong point but she is super cute and an entertaining performer. 

I need to know Judy's hair care regime because that woman has the most incredible head of hair I have ever seen. 

The more I see Lauren the more I love Lauren. I wasn't sure in the beginning but damn has she grown on me. Smart, sassy, fun, entertaining, great dancer, killer abs!, and she takes critique well and works hard. She damned well better make the team! Her and Karissa are my favorite rookies this year. Alexandria is losing me. She seems to be fading. Maybe she is starting to realize she really wants to go home and is just riding out the rest of the training experience just to say she did it. IDK she just seems to not be pushing as hard as she was in the beginning. I still like her a lot and if she does really want to be on the team I hope she makes it, but I don't feel like she is giving 100% anymore. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, lindsayz18 said:

I love savannah, but based on what im seeing, no way she should have made the team. Also, her teeth bug the crap outta me

I am so going to hell, but those teeth remind me of piano keys.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, exitstageleft said:

You think Jenna should have been cut for not being a better leader? As in not succeeding in taming Holly? Or should she have been cut for trying to handle it on her own and not tattling? 

She should have been cut for going out partying with an underage teammate and for fraternizing with players herself.  Much of what Jenna did was cut from the show.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, exitstageleft said:

Jenna should have shared what she knew with Kelli/Judy and/or confronted Holly. (kinda sorry I mentioned it now)

2 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Much of what Jenna did was cut from the show.

Probably because the show is "supposed" to center around the TCCs and "making" the team.

2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Jenna should have shared what she knew with Kelli/Judy and/or confronted Holly. (kinda sorry I mentioned it now)

Probably because the show is "supposed" to center around the TCCs and "making" the team.

More so because Jenna stayed on the team, and Kelli doesn't want to trash a current member (it's not good for branding).  Trust me, there was much more to what Jenna did -- poor leadership alone wouldn't have kept her from Canton and gotten her removed as point.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

She should have been cut for going out partying with an underage teammate and for fraternizing with players herself.  Much of what Jenna did was cut from the show.

Oh ok gotcha! So Jenna and underage Holly went out together to this club? Like Jenna was cool with Holly getting into the club illegally and they were both fraternizing with the players together those nights? And all of that was edited out but it’s defintely true? 

Hi people, I'm new here! 

I'm glad Brennan's gone, she looked really old compared to other girls to me and not enough of a good dancer for it to not matter. I like Savannah but she was all over the place in this episode. I love Jenna and am such a hypocrite to say that I don't care what she did, I'm hoping she is back in good standing after the talk next episode!

I liked the blocking part, we've never seen it to this detail before!

• Love 4

Dear CMT: Please stop with the Show Group performance scenes. It is the same boring crap almost every single season. We get it. Oh the pressure, this is a different type of stage, new girls who have made the group but have not performed with the others, we only have a short time to practice, the fans love it (not seeing too much of the love from the audience,) etc. etc. etc. I did like seeing how they figure out the blocking. I think if Judy had her way Jenna would have been cut because she does not seem too happy with her at all. Tasha still bugs me. She reminds me too much of the one sister from Season 4 who was called out for acting fake and phony and decided to leave after she was called into the office. Kelsey it is so hot outside, my hair in my face, it is hard to practice. Try being outside in cold wet snow fixing power lines after trees have falling down after fifteen inches of snow has fallen, and roads are in bad shape in order to get power back on for thousands of people (yes this did happen in eastern Montana this week.) My husband would go to his graveyard shift job after having four and a half hour of dialysis three days a week for over three years, so sorry Kelsey, I do not feel a little bit sorry for you and the rest of the girls for practicing in the heat while millions of people have much tougher jobs to do in unbearable and worse weather conditions and/or situations. Now I wait for the rotten tomatoes to be thrown at me.

I would bet that Holly resigned because in her eyes that makes it look like she had the upper hand in the situation.  

I need to know Judy's hair care regime because that woman has the most incredible head of hair I have ever seen. 

I think she just lucked out in the hair lottery because she had gorgeous hair, too, when she was a DCC.  I looked up her age and she'll be 60 next year.  She, Eve Plumb and Michelle Pfeiffer were all born on the same day - must have been a blonde day (and yes, I do spend way too much time on the internet).

• Love 8
15 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Me too!!! 

Also, Jenna is on her 6th year, she doesn’t NEED to practice Thunderstruck. But I loooved Judy saying “f it” and taking off her shoes hahaha

I loved that Judy (well anyone) has the same issue as I do with some shoes. and don't know why. I have a bag of shoes that I am going to give away for that reason. I liked as soon as she took them off, she starting dancing/prancing around. Exactly !

• Love 2

I loved this episode! So much focus on the vets was nice for a change, even seeing them be corrected a lot. It made them seem more like normal dancers, less perfect.

the blocking was fun, in general getting that kind of 'insider' stuff is really cool and exactly what we are always interested in.

i feel so sad for Brennan. Last year, I didn't care much for her, but she really has grown on me. I like her determination and I really was rooting for her this year. I wouldn't have minded her look on the team. Everyone likes something different and why should they all be the same type of pretty..

there was one scene where the vets were practicing the kick line and that's pretty much the only time this season that I noticed Jessika.. and only because she looked out of shape. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Here is a close up of those shoes:)

gosh her toes are red ! almost bruised. looks like she has an extra (or larger) joint in her 2nd toe. Poor Judy !! Cute shoes though

14 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Jenna & Holly both broke the same rules, together.  They both got suspended.  Holly resigned from the team & Jenna should have too.  Previews for next week  shows Jenna in the office whining about her punishment. Really? She broke the same rules as Holly.  Jenna should resign & end the mode of bad behavior.  Judy should have told Jenna to take the last row.  And I agree, the hugging of Kashara felt wrong.  

I liked the blocking & seeing more of the rehearsal.  The team was a hot mess.

Agree. I thought the same thing. still left her out from canton, but her new spot would be in the back.

• Love 1

that stage for the SG routine at the stadium looked slick as ice. I guess their boots have soles that grip the surface. Who was the group/concert that was performing ?

• Love 3
15 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Savannah is super adorable. Melissa Rycroft was right:  she's like a real-life Disney princess.  

Not a fan.  At all.

Loved the episode.  I loved that they finally showed us the field blocking.  That was great.  SOMETHING NEW!!!!  Kelli and Judy were very likable in this episode.  Nothing about Gina appeals to  me.  Nothing.  Brennan deserved better.  They really just didn’t like her.   

All involved in this show are trying to make it better and the show is better.  I just don’t like the girls.  There are a couple of veterans that have grown on me but they get no screen time so...

• Love 4

Really enjoyed this episode. Getting to see blocking was something we’ve never really witnessed before.

Why was Lacey crying? Because she didn’t get point? 

I wonder what the conversation with Jenna next week is about. I suspect they may tell her they plan on keeping KaShara as point, which she wasn’t expecting. Even Judy said they potentially would swap her back to point after Canton, so she probably presumed it would be hers again. I suspect that’s why she thinks she’s been continually punished 

At this point, very few rookies other than Lauren and Keyra are still grabbing my attention. This class is kind of blah.

I rather see the vets. My currents favs are Kelsey and Maddie. So different but they stand out. 

As for the heat, it is awful. My 13 year plays travel softball and people start going down in the TX heat if not hydrated well.

• Love 3

I feel so much better after reading these comments. I thought I was the only one jumping for joy when Brennan was cut!

I'm so sorry, but I just could not STAND her face. She is of course not an unattractive girl, but that nose...her eyes so close together...she honestly had a "witchy" look to me? Annoying personality too. Like others have said, beyond desperate... Just not a DCC and never will be. 

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but I'm glad they kept Christina and Savannah over her. At least Christina has a somewhat edgy haircut/vibe that kinda stands out? And I'm sorry, Savannah is just outright prettier than Brennan.

• Love 1

It was so fun to see everything get blocked...sometimes I feel like they edit it so it looks like Judy doesn't do much but sit on her stool and nod or say 'that was a mess.' It was nice hearing more from her and some explanations of how she decides where people should go. I loved her taking off her heels LOL I also appreciate her being so honest, yet classy, about how she felt about Jenna's behavior.  It's a HUGE inconvenience for her to have to reblock everything, especially at the last minute. I'd be ticked too. 

I figured they'd do a talking head for Holly's exit instead of a scene a la Kaitlin LeGrande where they are asking her friends where she is and if anyone has heard from her.  I actually thought it was well done the way they presented it. Whatever, we all know what really happened but time to let bygones be bygones.  Kelli is probably thinking of her own daughter like, ok, if Sam screwed up like Holly did, I'd want her to know she is expected to follow rules and not lie to me, but at the same time I dont want to alienate her forever or throw her to the wolves.  Do I think Holly would make it back if she ever auditioned? Eh...it's hard for me to imagine since I can't even picture Holly ever being interested in coming back.  But who knows.  Again, I think Kelli saw more of her outside of DCC world and if she thinks there is something in Holly that can change and mature and be a good DCC down the road, I trust her judgment. 

Love Kash. LOVE HER. She is so sweet and humble and I LOVE that Kelli made a point of praising her - her work ethic, her attitude and what a good teammate she is.  A nice contrast.  I didn't even notice Lacey crying, I"ll have to rewatch, but considering Lacey is one of the sweetest girls on the planet I can't even imagine her being upset that she didn't get point.  

I know Tasha has had a lot of air time this season but I think it's good they did another meeting with her - people have been VERY vocal that they dont get why she made it back when she bombed her interview and gained weight.  Thank you, Kelli, for showing us why - her maturity, her hard work and her ability to take criticism (and clearly she got a lot of it during camp) and DO something about it instead of acting like she's too good for it. Team Tasha. I hope she sticks around another year. (ps interesting that they got on her for her hair too??? dont' they decide on her hair color??) 

Strange that we got 'introduced' to Alexandria twice and they still didn't mention that she lived with Holly Arielle during camp? Also, have we 'met' Alexis yet?  I'm starting to get them confused at this point. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

One vet they haven't shown at all this season is Jessica -- it's like she doesn't exist.

Jessika and Chantel (maybe Chantal) I don’t think I’ve actually seen this season.  And I forgot about Tess (maybe I thought she was Bess? I can’t remember the one I like... I think it’s the one who has been on FB Live already) until this episode. 

Does anyone else wish they would give Stephanie a more red hair coloring now that  Holly is gone? It would be really sexy on her, almost Jessica Rabbit-ish. Might be too overt for DCC though. 

(Or the red head TCC whose name is escaping me)

Edited by tajalexander
3 hours ago, sATL said:

gosh her toes are red ! almost bruised. looks like she has an extra (or larger) joint in her 2nd toe. Poor Judy !! Cute shoes though

Agree. I thought the same thing. still left her out from canton, but her new spot would be in the back.

But the back row is super important! It's the front row for the visitor's side! Judy always says. 

All joking aside, I thought the move they did was appropriate. She's still a sixth year and she's still one of the very best dancers. If you're not going to kick her off the team, there's no need to waste her buried in the middle somewhere. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Jessika and Chantel (maybe Chantal) I don’t think I’ve actually seen this season.  And I forgot about Tess (maybe I thought she was Bess? I can’t remember the one I like... I think it’s the one who has been on FB Live already) until this episode. 

Does anyone else wish they would give Stephanie a more red hair coloring now that  Holly is gone? It would be really sexy on her, almost Jessica Rabbit-ish. Might be too overt for DCC though. 

(Or the red head TCC whose name is escaping me)

I think Tess was called out for something this week when they were on the practice field.    Savannah is the redhead TCC (also former Jets cheerleader).

3 minutes ago, kalibean said:

But the back row is super important! It's the front row for the visitor's side! Judy always says. 

All joking aside, I thought the move they did was appropriate. She's still a sixth year and she's still one of the very best dancers. If you're not going to kick her off the team, there's no need to waste her buried in the middle somewhere. 

Yeah agreed. I find the suggestion that she should’ve been kept out of Canton, stripped of a group leader position, lost point and been put in the back row to be unrealistic. If they were going to do all that then it would make more sense to just cut her, or I would assume she would quit. As a manager/supervisor,  there’s a fine line between a punishment that corrects whatever problem there is and pure humiliation. If you’re going for the latter, then it’s best to just cut ties. For all of Jenna’s faults, her main value to the team is that she’s a fantastic dancer. Putting her in the back for the season to sulk accomplishes nothing and adds zero value to the team. In that case, you may as well just pick another rookie to dance in the back and hope to mold them into a great DCC.

• Love 7

I thought KaShara, Lacey and Jenna were the three girls at the front of the triangle this season. Maybe Jenna was put in the back just for this routine since she was not going to Canton. And if Jenna was humiliated, she should have thought about getting caught and possible punishment for breaking a few rules. She cannot have her cake, and eat it too. She is darn lucky she is still on the team.

Edited by bigskygirl
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought KaShara, Lacey and Jenna were the three girls at the front of the triangle this season. Maybe Jenna was put in the back just for this routine since she was not going to Canton. And if Jenna was humiliated, she should have thought about getting caught and possible punishment for breaking a few rules. She cannot have her cake, and eat it too. She is darn lucky she is still on the team.

I’m talking about the suggestion that she should be put in the back row. Obviously, she wasn’t and is still in the triangle, so it’s moot but that was discussion. Im not even taking up for Jenna. I get the whole don’t break rules if you don’t want want to face the consequences but I actually find that irrelevant to the point I was making. It’s more of a management point than anything. As an example, a seven year associate at a law firm who royally screws up is most likely not going to stay if they get demoted to a 2-year associate as a result. And if they did, there would be little value to the firm bc their work product would probably fall off so much that it would be a waste for all parties. If the infraftion is that severe, cut your losses and move on. That’s really all I’m saying. 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Why was Jenna allowed to do the SG performance?  I thought she was on suspension.

I believe someone had posted it was shown to of order since she posted a photo of Holly in the tunnel. They did a great job of editing the performance so you did not catch sight of her.

• Love 2

I know saying yes or no ma'am is a respect thing, especially in the South, but it annoys me to no end on this show. These are grown women and they sound like little children every time they respond that way. I wonder if they are actually instructed to refer to Kelly and Judi as ma'am or if the vets just tell them that's what they should say.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think Savannah's look is the only thing saving her.

agreed.  She is tepid as a rookie but I think they like the variety her look adds and she seems to have a nice personality.

5 minutes ago, nikkichan said:

I wonder if they are actually instructed to refer to Kelly and Judi as ma'am or if the vets just tell them that's what they should say.

I am pretty certain Kelli and Judy have stated in that first meeting when they get the book how they would like to be addressed.  I am from the North and now live in the South and this sort of thing used to bother me but now I am used to it... it just shows respect. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I know Tasha has had a lot of air time this season but I think it's good they did another meeting with her - people have been VERY vocal that they dont get why she made it back when she bombed her interview and gained weight.  Thank you, Kelli, for showing us why - her maturity, her hard work and her ability to take criticism (and clearly she got a lot of it during camp) and DO something about it instead of acting like she's too good for it. Team Tasha. I hope she sticks around another year. (ps interesting that they got on her for her hair too??? dont' they decide on her hair color??) 

I was really glad to see this come back with positive comments "in the office".  This allowed us all to see a great side of why they kept her and that she made corrections.  Nice to be called in for something positive.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, nikkichan said:

I know saying yes or no ma'am is a respect thing, especially in the South, but it annoys me to no end on this show. These are grown women and they sound like little children every time they respond that way. I wonder if they are actually instructed to refer to Kelly and Judi as ma'am or if the vets just tell them that's what they should say.

My high school's dance team (very rangerette-esque, both directors were former rangerettes) HAD to address the directors like that. They would all say "yes ma'am, thank you ma'am" in unison. It was kind of creepy lol. I think it might be a drill team thing because all the dance teams in my district were like that. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Why was Lacey crying? Because she didn’t get point? 

I could understand if she was tearing up a little.  But, I think she is too tall for point IMO.  I am a huge Lacey fan, always have been since she kicked herself in the head.  I replayed the tape and it did not look to me like she was crying.  One of the VG sleuths will have to screen shot it for me to convince me otherwise.  But Lacey love whether point or not.  XXOO

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

It was so fun to see everything get blocked...sometimes I feel like they edit it so it looks like Judy doesn't do much but sit on her stool and nod or say 'that was a mess.' It was nice hearing more from her and some explanations of how she decides where people should go.

I know, this was nice to see Judy in action.  But wait, Gina got a correction?  I already thought she was a self-professed veteran at this point! lol.

• Love 4