Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: The Next Step

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

My worthless opinion is that Kelly gave Holly the opportunity to formally resign over being cut and she did.  That last footage of Holly walking out of the building -- it looked as if it was her "final" exit out of the building and many words had been said that we didn't hear.  I don't know if it was the same night.  

No matter what is happening with Jenna, I hate that her final year (?) is marred with this mess.  I would have to come back just to redeem myself.

I do wonder how Holly's exit and Jenna's punishment affected the other TCC.  I bet they were scared half to death.  

I would be saying "yes ma'am" at every opportunity also.  Even to the housekeeping staff.

I think she was trying to come back this year to redeem herself, then got caught up competing with Holly over who can get by with the most and stay a fave (Erica some too), and it backfired. I'm pretty sure they're all 'over' Jenna.

• Love 2
On 10/7/2017 at 7:14 PM, Spooky said:

Me either. I still don't believe there's a Bess and a Tess. I finally know who Lexie is though...so progress! 

DCC Elizabeth (aka Bess)   Elizabeth Voegtle (from Wikipedia)

DCC Tess  Tess Guidry  (from Wikipedia)

Bold and highlighted links are to their official DCC profiles.  The last names came from Wikipedia.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added full names
  • Love 1

Whilst what Holly did was illegal in the states, and I don't condone breaking the law, as someone who legally was drinking from a younger age I can't condemn her neither. Some countries have lets say questionable laws. For example Saudi Arabia has only very recently allowed women drivers and im not going to mention guns.

As for whether they are over Jenna, we'll just have to wait and see for pro bowl. I have a feeling it'll be Kashara over Jinelle if it's not Jenna

6 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Bold and highlighted links are to their official DCC profiles.  The last names came from Wikipedia.

Thank you for straightening this out for me! You would think that after watching each season I would know this stuff, but Tess/Bess-gate had me cornfuzzled. ?

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Thank you for straightening this out for me! You would think that after watching each season I would know this stuff, but Tess/Bess-gate had me cornfuzzled. ?

I can't figure out how you get "Bess" out of "Elizabeth" but o well...

To further help you recognize "Tess" was called out for something at the Star rehearsal last episode (I forget what)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

To further help you recognize "Tess" was called out for something at the Star rehearsal last episode (I forget what)

Tess is called out by Judy around minute 6 of this episode for dancing “too delicate.” I didn’t notice anything in the couple seconds she was shown, but all I remember about her in years past is Kelly saying her face was pretty lol

I was initially confused by Bess’ nickname as well. I’m assuming Elizabeth is too long sometimes, but she dislikes the more typical substitutes of of Beth/Lizzy/Liz?

I couldn’t pronounce my sister’s name, Andrea, when I was really little so I just said the ea part (ee-uh). Could be something sentimental that just stuck with her 

She was named sideline sweetheart last week and posted the cute summary video on her Instagram: 

I enjoy her dancing. Wish we had seen more during her rookie year. She was in Maddie’s promo back in season 10: 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

Tess is called out by Judy around minute 6 of this episode for dancing “too delicate.” I didn’t notice anything in the couple seconds she was shown, but all I remember about her in years past is Kelly saying her face was pretty lol

I was initially confused by Bess’ nickname as well. I’m assuming Elizabeth is too long sometimes, but she dislikes the more typical substitutes of of Beth/Lizzy/Liz?

I couldn’t pronounce my sister’s name, Andrea, when I was really little so I just said the ea part (ee-uh). Could be something sentimental that just stuck with her 

She was named sideline sweetheart last week and posted the cute summary video on her Instagram: 

I enjoy her dancing. Wish we had seen more during her rookie year. She was in Maddie’s promo back in season 10: 

I absolutely love Elizabeth (Bess). She has been a strong performer since her rookie year,  just wasn't in the spotlight but I love watching her dance. Did anyone notice that in Kitty's spicy class a few episodes back, that it was all the rookies and Tess. She was the only Veteran in the group. I like Tess so hope she can sass it up : )

• Love 2

I just want people to know it's messed up that Jenna lost her top spot, because of a mistake that holly made. If we were to go back a couple of seasons I don't remember her name but she was friends with the Cassie chick and she did black face for Halloween and didn't get suspended or lose her top of the pyramid spot. I'm not calling for any radical ideals I'm just saying keep things balanced. How are you going to reprimand Jenna when Holly is an 20 year woman who made the bad decisions and holly wasnt even in her group this year. She was in erica's I think. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

I just want people to know it's messed up that Jenna lost her top spot, because of a mistake that holly made. If we were to go back a couple of seasons I don't remember her name but she was friends with the Cassie chick and she did black face for Halloween and didn't get suspended or lose her top of the pyramid spot. I'm not calling for any radical ideals I'm just saying keep things balanced. How are you going to reprimand Jenna when Holly is an 20 year woman who made the bad decisions and holly wasnt even in her group this year. She was in erica's I think. 

Ummmmm.....there was a little more to it

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ummmmm.....there was a little more to it

Than explain... Holly hooked up with a player. That's not Jennas fault. Ive been to clubs with Jenna in them in Dallas. She is a good person it's wrong. It's like the time jacie lost her pyramid spot to holly out of nowhere why? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Her family called her Beth as a child but she couldn't say it properly and said 'Bess' guess it stuck. 

2 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Than explain... Holly hooked up with a player. That's not Jennas fault. Ive been to clubs with Jenna in them in Dallas. She is a good person it's wrong. It's like the time jacie lost her pyramid spot to holly out of nowhere why? 

You are VERY late to the party.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Uh Jenna has done some rule breaking and 'hooking up' in the past, prior to her 21st birthday.  Jenna was not an innocent bystander that was supposed to be Holly's keeper, she was a leader on the team that played the social game with an underage buddy.  Her and Holly were great friends and attended these outings together.  Jenna is not Miss Goody Two shoes, but apparently is quite Two faced.

• Love 5

I'm sad for Brenan, but I feel like K and J gave her every opportunity to make the team and she gave it her very best. A notable number of guest choreographers and guest judges commented on her tense and unflattering facials and despite her efforts, she couldn't seem to fix them consistently. I honestly would have thought it weird if K and J had gone against all the comments and she'd made it.  Now, I'm not saying that I think Christina should make it over B. I'm still not a Christina fan. I think her dancing is uneven--sometimes fun but often underwhelming--and I think her eye makeup looks worse every week. When she got called in for not breathing, it looked like she had taken a thick crayon to squiggle eyeliner on and her mascara was so thick it amazed me that she could open her eyes. She seems very sweet, but I just don't see her as a DCC-level performer. As for Alexandria and Savannah, I also was surprised that they struggled so much on the field but I think their experience made K and J feel they can correct and adjust. Most other teams don't do that kind of entrance. I remember Jinelle struggling mightily with the entrance her rookie year, and she'd been a professional cheerleader for 7 years or something. 

I, like many of y'all, really enjoyed the amount of dancing and really seeing more of the veterans' work in this episode. I'm excited to see Canton this week! And am super curious about what we'll see drama-wise. I hope the cheese fillers are minimal, like this week, and not some Jones family homage or some crap like that. I'd love to see how they rehearse and continue to get ready, and maybe I wouldn't mind a glimpse of the ladies fan-girling and dancing to JT. 

• Love 4

First time poster here.  I discovered this site through Google trying to find out what exactly Holly and Jenna did.  I'm still a little shocked.  I have been watching this show casually since my wife became a hardcore watcher several years back.  The earliest episodes I can remember are when Jackie Bob was one of the "captains".  I was just telling my wife in an earlier episode this season that Holly is such a great dancer that she shouldn't even have to go through training camp.  I guess this is a perfect example of why vets have to re-audition for their spot each year. Hopefully, Holly lands on her feet and learns from the experience. 

• Love 5
On 10/9/2017 at 9:24 AM, DCCFanInKy said:

I love both Bess and Tess! They look so much alike to me lol but both seem to have awesome personalities. Tess is one of the most responsive on social media, just so sweet.  Bess seems hilarious; there is some joke about her alter egos with her nicknames...like when she has a certain facial expression in pics she comments #beth or one of her teammates will. it just makes me laugh and i'm not even in on it LOL

• Love 3
6 hours ago, In a dream said:

Uh Jenna has done some rule breaking and 'hooking up' in the past, prior to her 21st birthday.  Jenna was not an innocent bystander that was supposed to be Holly's keeper, she was a leader on the team that played the social game with an underage buddy.  Her and Holly were great friends and attended these outings together.  Jenna is not Miss Goody Two shoes, but apparently is quite Two faced.

I have heard rumors about Jenna fraternizing with a player a while back, but what other rule breaking did she commit before she was 21? And are you saying that she actually brought Holly to these clubs and got her in even though she was underage? Because I never heard K&J say that (or even Holly for that matter). Just that Jenna with with Holly at the club. I suppose that leaves a lot to interpretation, but since K&J didn’t ream Jenna a new one too badly for specifically taking underage Holly to a club, I assumed that Jenna was at the club with over 21 friends and Holly was also there. And that Jenna spoke with Holly while there, trying to convince her to leave. 

But who knows what defintely happened - only Jenna and Holly I suppose. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, exitstageleft said:

but since K&J didn’t ream Jenna a new one too badly for specifically taking underage Holly to a club, I assumed that Jenna was at the club with over 21 friends and Holly was also there.

Television editing...and it is not known what was said to her last year.

• Love 1
On 10/8/2017 at 0:08 PM, UnicornKicks said:

On 10/9/2017 at 0:09 AM, Dccfan126 said:

Agreed. That was definitely part of their ongoing plan to humiliate Jenna. No, she should not be dancing when you are blocking for a game she is not participating in.

On 10/9/2017 at 0:53 AM, KatebytheSea said:

I'm on the fence about Brennan. I think she didn't deserve to get cut, but I also don't think she's very DCC-like. Can I have it both ways? 

Judy was telling people where to go and where to dance. If she never called Jenna, then what else was Jenna supposed to do?  I would've been confused too. 

I really like the Brennan we saw in the glimpses of her final audition, the spice class and the improv Pink party. I think it's a shame that her confidence or sass in those couldn't translate to DCC style. I think she would've been a good teammate. 

Edited by Tdoc72
Sorry for the wonky format--I couldn't get the quotes under what I was quoting.
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, exitstageleft said:

But who knows what defintely happened - only Jenna and Holly I suppose. 

I think this is ultimately the truth. Unless Holly, Jenna, Kelli, and Judy all get in a room and candidly discuss, we’ll never know exactly what happened. Even some of the insider info that we’ve received is contradictory (for example: one story is that Holly acted like a child and refused to take her punishment and quit, while another story is that she was told to resign or be fired). Obviously a lot of it is muddled and while speculation is fun, and I’ve certainly engaged in it plenty on this issue, at the end of the day, it’s still just speculation. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Judy was telling people where to go and where to dance. If she never called Jenna, then what else was Jenna supposed to do?  I would've been confused too. 

Maybe she didn't want to put Jenna in the formation since she wasn't going to Canton then after Kelli said she should be dancing she made her get up and do it. Who knows....?

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

Queen Elizabeth I of England was known as "Good Queen Bess".  Maybe DCC Bess' parents were history buffs!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think this is ultimately the truth. Unless Holly, Jenna, Kelli, and Judy all get in a room and candidly discuss, we’ll never know exactly what happened. Even some of the insider info that we’ve received is contradictory (for example: one story is that Holly acted like a child and refused to take her punishment and quit, while another story is that she was told to resign or be fired). Obviously a lot of it is muddled and while speculation is fun, and I’ve certainly engaged in it plenty on this issue, at the end of the day, it’s still just speculation. 

I have to believe they asked Holly to resign.  I cannot imagine Charlotte allowing Holly to continue after breaking the fraternization rule.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Annmarie1111 said:

I have to believe they asked Holly to resign.  I cannot imagine Charlotte allowing Holly to continue after breaking the fraternization rule.

Many people will resign in fear if they are in the room with the boss, they will be fired without a choice to resign first.  I guess we will never know if she quit before they had a chance to talk (so who knows what their decision was) or if she was given an option to resign or they were going to cut her.

8 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I really like the Brennan we saw in the glimpses of her final audition, the spice class and the improv Pink party. I think it's a shame that her confidence or sass in those couldn't translate to DCC style. I think she would've been a good teammate. 

I liked Brennan too. Her facials weren't that great, but I thought her dancing was good. I'm up in the air about here getting let go. Celinda I could see; Brennan not so much and kinda....

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, exitstageleft said:

K&J probably told Holly that they were going to release her from the squad, or that she could save face and just resign (since it looks better for the organization if she did).  

What Holly did by entering those clubs was illegal. What Jenna did by not being able to curtail Holly’s behavior and not informing  K&J was only illDCC. 

I can't make a judgment on what wasn't shown on screen. We saw Kelli confronting Holly, telling her she'd lost their trust. She was suspended from the HOF event, but wasn't cut (even thought she was frequenting clubs and drinking underage and fraternizing with players). If you've got some insider info that Kelli reached back out to Holly and told her she needed to either resign or she'd be cut, I'd love to know! 

Just my personal read on Holly and the circumstance (and I know people's interpretation and take on the events as they played out on screen is different): Holly is a show-boater. She loves the spotlight, loves being the one everyone's watching, loves being pretty darn near the best dancer on the squad, especially with Jenn K, Melissa, Amy T and Megan gone.  My read is Holly didn't like being pulled out of the HOF event or called on the carpet for her actions (on camera).  If she stayed, she'd have to eat some major crow in front of her teammates and the Rookie TCCs by not being with her teammates at the HOF. Instead of going that, she resigned. Again, just my own take. :)

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 5

I think they told her to leave.  She didn't seem ready to leave, or even remorseful, the previous week, when she'd been called in to the office.  I don't think she had the maturity or grace to withdraw herself.  Kelli didn't want it on camera.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Calicocats said:

I think they told her to leave.  She didn't seem ready to leave, or even remorseful, the previous week, when she'd been called in to the office.  I don't think she had the maturity or grace to withdraw herself.  Kelli didn't want it on camera.

It might have happened like that, we don't know.  I don't see Kelli as being too wishy-washy in her actions. She didn't call Holly and Jenna on the carpet on a whim; she had time to think about the situation and conclude how she was going to handle it. I don't see Kelli "playing" with these girls by telling them one thing on camera, then later actually saying they're cut off camera.  She made the decision to censure rather than cut. I don't see her backtracking that later.  Kelli has been in this type of situation before, with very young girls who often act wildly when out from under their parents' rules for the first time.  Each case of misconduct gets its own consideration, judgment and punishment. 

In the heat of the moment in the office, Holly looked caught off guard, scrambling to try to cover her actions. She lied right to their faces at the beginning. When they pulled out all the places she'd obviously been partying at, you could actually see her trying to figure out how much to confess verses how much they knew.  In the end when she was leaving the locker room, her face looked set, like keeping her emotions inside.  Later, when she's at home, away from the camera and outside the pressure cooker of Kelli's office, that's when she probably had her first chance to consider the entire situation: her partying, getting caught, getting suspended from HOF, whether she wanted to walk back into the Star with everyone knowing what had happened.  That situation would have been tough for anyone, but especially someone so young in maturity.

Anyway, like I said - just my take!

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 2

Oh, and about Judy telling Jenna to get up and dance - I think that situation is Judy's fault.  She was blocking and positioning everyone by name. If I were Jenna and walking on thin ice, when Judy didn't call my name to be positioned in the triangle, I'd think she didn't want me in the formation at that time. Judy should have told Jenna to fall in the back line and help the rookie TCCs. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

Oh, and about Judy telling Jenna to get up and dance - I think that situation is Judy's fault.  She was blocking and positioning everyone by name. If I were Jenna and walking on thin ice, when Judy didn't call my name to be positioned in the triangle, I'd think she didn't want me in the formation at that time. Judy should have told Jenna to fall in the back line and help the rookie TCCs. 

I don't think it was about her being in the formation as much as it was her just standing to the side and dancing a part from the cheerleaders.

• Love 1

I thought it was tacky of Kelli to say "Kentucky" like it was the worst place to come from. East Texas is not exactly paradise (by comparison) so to hear that from someone who has little room to brag herself was annoying to me. I live in the South myself so maybe I'm more sensitive about this than I should be. 

I do think Kelli genuinely likes and respects Kashara, and realizes she brings a lot to the team. Especially when this year has had so much drama.

If Alexandria makes it, I see her only staying for a year to say she reached that goal. Her fiance, family and new house are all in the Northeast. Don't see her leaving all that behind. And that's okay.

Gina's session with K&J was just awkward. I'm not a fan of hers. At the same time, I don't have an issue with her not being bosom buddies with every girl on the team. Forcing it just makes it even more awkward. 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 1

Best episode in YEARS!  Lots of Judy teaching; Kelly and Judy commentary, and DCCs practicing -  all good!   AND no vapid Melissa or my-little-pony-haired, over-weight, schlumpy, believer of her own legend Kitty!   Holly obviously was let go the same night as the interview with Kelly and Judy.  She is last seen leaving under the supervision of a security guard and minus the HOF dress and props.    Jenna is not very self-aware.  If you are being disciplined, you would think you'd pay attention and be engaged with what is going on.   It was sad to see Brennan go but I think her look is very similar to a couple of veterans and once Kelly and Judy saw that they'd make a team without her, it was a foregone conclusion.  More of this please!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

It might have happened like that, we don't know.  I don't see Kelli as being too wishy-washy in her actions. She didn't call Holly and Jenna on the carpet on a whim; she had time to think about the situation and conclude how she was going to handle it. I don't see Kelli "playing" with these girls by telling them one thing on camera, then later actually saying they're cut off camera.  She made the decision to censure rather than cut. I don't see her backtracking that later.  Kelli has been in this type of situation before, with very young girls who often act wildly when out from under their parents' rules for the first time.  Each case of misconduct gets its own consideration, judgment and punishment. 

In the heat of the moment in the office, Holly looked caught off guard, scrambling to try to cover her actions. She lied right to their faces at the beginning. When they pulled out all the places she'd obviously been partying at, you could actually see her trying to figure out how much to confess verses how much they knew.  In the end when she was leaving the locker room, her face looked set, like keeping her emotions inside.  Later, when she's at home, away from the camera and outside the pressure cooker of Kelli's office, that's when she probably had her first chance to consider the entire situation: her partying, getting caught, getting suspended from HOF, whether she wanted to walk back into the Star with everyone knowing what had happened.  That situation would have been tough for anyone, but especially someone so young in maturity.

Anyway, like I said - just my take!

I’ll expand on your take. I think when she did get home and process it all, she realized she’d been caught lying, and caught on camera at that. She had to know that IF they kept her, it was still going to be soiled and she’d be under a microscope. Throw her ego in and I think she was done. I think she felt defensive, mad, defiant and humiliated and walked away. Wasn’t it reported she just didn’t show anymore after that night? I think she quit and they probably demanded a resignation for legal reason- either so she couldn’t come after them later, or to fulfil some clause in her contract about quitting before the season ends. Just my guess.

• Love 6
On 10/5/2017 at 8:27 PM, mamadrama said:

I'm going to miss Holly. I don't keep up with the real life stuff; I just love to watch the chick dance. She reminds me of the lead singer from the 1990's all-girl country group, sheDaisy. 

OMG, I used to LOVE SheDaisy! I don't think the redheaded sister ever sang lead on their songs though.

On 10/5/2017 at 9:27 PM, MyFavShows said:

Okay, I really don't like Gina and haven't this whole time, but I think this stuff where K&J are expecting her to prove she's BFF's w/ the other girls in order to earn a spot on the team is whack.    Gina has more than met the requirements to make the team as they like her look and her dancing, and I think as long as she's not being an outright mean girl to the others to the point that it's disruptive, it doesn't really matter if she's friends w/ the other girls.   I guess I'm just projecting this situation to a real workplace and how that would be a very unprofessional workplace if an employee would get questioned by their boss that way.   But I guess the DCC is a sisterhood, and not really a workplace.

I agree - as long as the girls are not being outright bitches to their teammates, I don't see the need for them to act like they're all bestest buddies. But Kelli wants to perpetuate the idea that America's Sweethearts/the girls next door are all sisters who love each other. I think that there are some girls on the team who DO become lifelong friends and that's great, but as far as I'm concerned, the job is to dance well, be attractive, and have enough social skills to interact with fans. You can do that without braiding each other's hair and having slumber parties.

On 10/6/2017 at 9:22 AM, bigskygirl said:

Dear CMT: Please stop with the Show Group performance scenes. It is the same boring crap almost every single season. We get it. Oh the pressure, this is a different type of stage, new girls who have made the group but have not performed with the others, we only have a short time to practice, the fans love it (not seeing too much of the love from the audience,) etc. etc. etc. I did like seeing how they figure out the blocking.

I don't mind seeing some of the show group stuff, but I agree that every season, Kelli and Judy make it sound like it's such a major problem to redo formations or deal with unfamiliar settings. Newsflash: that's what performers do. My high school dance team had to do things like that all the time and it wasn't a big deal. All 40 girls on my dance team learned all the routines. A few days before a football game/pep rally/performance, everyone would audition and our coach would select X amount of people to perform. Sometimes it was just a matter of how big a space we would have to perform that determined how many people she chose. Then we would block everything, get counts for roll offs, and practice all the formation changes for an hour or two. It's really not the dramatic process that K&J make it out to be. I'm just saying that if 15 year old girls can make those adjustments two days before a performance, then professional NFL cheerleaders should be able to do it pretty easily too.

After college, I was in a professional performance group and when we were hired for gigs, we often didn't know exactly what the space would be like, which side of the stage/venue we'd be entering, etc. until we showed up the day of the performance. Sure, it's more convenient when you know these things ahead of time but dealing with that the day of and making adjustments on the spot is part of being a performer.

But I do understand how it can tricky to adjust between large venues (like a football field) versus smaller venues (like stages for private events). If you are only used to one, it can be initially difficult to adapt. My high school dance team always performed in front of the stands at football games (not on the field) so we could spread out a lot side to side but not a lot front to back. My college dance team always performed on the field so it took me a few practices to get used to doing pirouettes on grass, staying on the yard lines, and being much more spread out from the other dancers. I totally get that since the DCC are on the field, being closer to each other when on a stage can take some adjustment.

I know there is not a lot of Yuko love around here, but I felt for her when they showed her running from one formation to another. Several times I somehow was on the far end of one formation and then had to haul ass to get to the next formation so I was having flashbacks to that!

On 10/7/2017 at 5:57 AM, exitstageleft said:

I must admit, it never knew that imitating someone’s accent could be offensive. My bff has one and I will imitate it sometimes when speaking with her. She never said that it bothered her. Then I imitated a coworker’s accent while speaking with her and she became really angry and said she would report me to our boss. That’s when I started wondering if it really was offensive. So I asked my bff if it offends her when people imitate her accent and she said ever so nicely “Well, what can you do?”  I felt so bad because I knew she must have been offended but didn’t really want to tell me because I had done it so often. ?

Sometimes I wonder if I would be upset if say someone imitated my Jersey/Philly accent. I suppose it might be humorous a couple of times but then I’d probably be well over by the 50th time.

I remember Oprah saying that she does this and isn’t even aware of it. 

At my old job, we had several employees who got transferred from our corporate office in the south. After I left that job, I would catch up with a coworker who still worked there and I noticed that when she quoted the employees from the south, she would imitate their accents. I don't think she realized she was doing it at all though.

On 10/8/2017 at 11:16 AM, Smplsimon said:

I think Gina is a great dancer, but there's something about her that is incredibly off-putting.  Honestly, I fast forwarded her office visit this week -- I just couldn't stomach listening to her.

For me, it's the smug look she sometimes gets on her face that is off putting.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, gnesty said:

Correct me if I'm wrong I believe Alexandria said Patriot cheerleaders retire after 4 years and she was asked by her coach to help teach and that she missed performing.  

Yes that's her. I think she stayed on as a instructor(?)

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:40 PM, LadyMsJay said:

I don't think it was about her being in the formation as much as it was her just standing to the side and dancing a part from the cheerleaders.

I'm not sure, but I think we're saying the same thing....?

Judy was blocking the triangle and obviously didn't call Jenna's name to be in the formation, as Jenna was sitting on the grass next to Erica. Later they show Judy telling Jenna to be dancing.  After Judy had set the formation, she should have told Jenna right then to dance in the back (or wherever she wanted her). 

I was just saying that if I was Jenna and Judy didn't call my name to be part of the formation, I'd figure she didn't want me dancing just then.  So I'd sit out with whoever else was not dancing.  Jenna sitting was a result of Judy not placing her, thus was Judy's fault, not Jenna's.  Were we agreeing? 

• Love 3

I'm re-watching to get ready for tonight, and I loved that little moment between Judy and KaShara, when she was put into the point position. Judy sounded more like a proud mom for a moment...she spoke quietly, and smiled. It was sweet. I can see the teacher in her, underneath the Cowboys Organization shell.

And now, I do think Jenna's hug was genuine. 

Still think Gina had written "Fun Personal Facts" about her teammates on her wrists....in case they asked....she's not fooling Judy, at least.

And, can Lacey get any more beautiful???

This season has been so different, and at first I wasn't appreciative. But we're getting to see more of the effort involved in nurturing new talent. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

This season has been so different, and at first I wasn't appreciative. But we're getting to see more of the effort involved in nurturing new talent. 

I think this season caught a lot of us off guard at first. But I'm really liking seeing much more about TC and what goes on. I always knew they had many choreographers coming in to teach the girls dances, as we knew they learned about 50 before the season started. But it's cool that we actually got to see that TY. 

Also, its interesting that it looks like Kelli has a conference room attached to her office, as that's where she's meeting up with the girls after practice rather than in her cramped office. It's obviously not her office because there are no papers, calendars, computers and picture around. I like that. It makes her talking with the girls more formal and businesslike. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

I'm re-watching to get ready for tonight, and I loved that little moment between Judy and KaShara, when she was put into the point position. Judy sounded more like a proud mom for a moment...she spoke quietly, and smiled. It was sweet. I can see the teacher in her, underneath the Cowboys Organization shell.

And now, I do think Jenna's hug was genuine. 

Still think Gina had written "Fun Personal Facts" about her teammates on her wrists....in case they asked....she's not fooling Judy, at least.

And, can Lacey get any more beautiful???

Yes, love the new season. 

More about the vets and performing!!

• Love 1

I like the more business and formal aire of meeting with Kelli in the conference room but know people who loved reading the labels on the folders, looking photos and what she has in her office will miss all the added attractions!  Also it means Kelli and Judy can easily stand up and then walk out to indicate a contentious meeting is over!  Plus if my office looked a mess, you wouldn't see it or be blowing up photos to see what I wrote or what the stickers were!!

• Love 1