Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

No joke, this does make me happy, but on the other hand, I prefer when the show honors its history, especially where medical conditions are concerned. And why did this kid have to be conceived via drugged sex? I mean...seriously? Couldn't they have given Ericole something more dignified..?

It makes me happy, too. Is the drugged sex root ideal? No. But it's probably because of the drug that she's pregnant. I had a feeling they might go this root when someone said that the drug everyone was given was some experimental drug. Kristen got pregnant because of whatever treatments Rolf gave her, so as per usual, ReRon is going a similar root with Nicole, who, like Kristen, has fertility issues.

And, I know, people like to joke about how old Kristen was when she got pregnant, but unlike many Days storylines, it's not out of the land of science fiction. Older women can get pregnant. It seems to be happening more and more (especially with celebrities.) Janet Jackson had a baby at 50. Hilary Swank just had twins at 48. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It makes me happy, too. Is the drugged sex root ideal? No. But it's probably because of the drug that she's pregnant. I had a feeling they might go this root when someone said that the drug everyone was given was some experimental drug. Kristen got pregnant because of whatever treatments Rolf gave her, so as per usual, ReRon is going a similar root with Nicole, who, like Kristen, has fertility issues.

And, I know, people like to joke about how old Kristen was when she got pregnant, but unlike many Days storylines, it's not out of the land of science fiction. Older women can get pregnant. It seems to be happening more and more (especially with celebrities.) Janet Jackson had a baby at 50. Hilary Swank just had twins at 48. 

Right, but Kirsten is about 75 years old.

• LOL 9
Just now, methodwriter85 said:

Did any of you hear about the Spanish actress, Ana Obregón, who just gave birth to her dead son's baby at the age of 68?  Her son had banked his sperm, so Momma found a donor egg, had it fertilized with her son's sperm and implanted into her.

That crossed over into territory that boggles what's left of my mind.

• Mind Blown 7
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, boes said:

Did any of you hear about the Spanish actress, Ana Obregón, who just gave birth to her dead son's baby at the age of 68?  Her son had banked his sperm, so Momma found a donor egg, had it fertilized with her son's sperm and implanted into her.

Granted, I never wanted to be pregnant - ever - but the thought of doing it at that age and under those circumstances is beyond strange.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, boes said:

Um...I know this sounds cold considering, but ewww, that's just oogy territory. Not necessarily the age (well, it's too old to me but science is something, and if a person feels able...), but...her SON'S child?

Just...no.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Eric and Nicole truly love each other.   They should name the baby little biscuit.  
 EJ has two kids that I know of.  Eric has none.  Let the baby be Eric’s please.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Like 5

My vote is no baby.

If it is EJs, Nicole will lose it and lie to him about it. Again. For the 3rd time. 

if it is Eric’s, he would be stuck to Nicole and I wouldn’t wish that on my very worse, hated enemy.

• Like 5

If Ericole are having a baby, I hope they SORAS it by next summer. Parker, Holly, SORASED Ericole spawn, and SORASED Xarah spawn, and Rachel can be the beginning of a new teen scene. 

I'm not interested in watching them raise small children.

• Like 6

I know that many of you love Eric and Nicole together. However, they cannot make it work after a zillion attempts, so why bring a child into the mix? They both do better with other people, so it will either be them sneaking around having affairs or both being miserable and staying together for this child who was not conceived out of love - just drugs.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Oh no. Isn't she a tad old for WTD?  We had enough of her baby stories or passing babies off on others. 

If Kristen can carry Tate and have Rachel at her geriatric age then Nicole sure can.

2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

If Ericole are having a baby, I hope they SORAS it by next summer. Parker, Holly, SORASED Ericole spawn, and SORASED Xarah spawn, and Rachel can be the beginning of a new teen scene. 

They can just exist offscreen.

5 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I know that many of you love Eric and Nicole together. However, they cannot make it work after a zillion attempts, so why bring a child into the mix? They both do better with other people, so it will either be them sneaking around having affairs or both being miserable and staying together for this child who was not conceived out of love - just drugs.

Probably as a reward to their fans. I agree with you in general but at least this has potential for soapy drama (before Ron inevitably fucks it up)compared to other pregnancies that were more pointless(Jordan, Allie etc). I do think they need to decide whether they want Ericole together or not rather than this merry go round where nothing ever changes.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 7
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

EJ has two kids that I know of.  Eric has none.  Let the baby be Eric’s please.  

Agreed. I don’t think there’s any reason in the world they would do this story and have Eric not be the father. It would be kind of ironic, given the Sydney situation, if they have a DNA test, and EJ switches the results.

11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Kristen is not 75 years old because Stacy Haiduk isn’t 75. DESORAS happens just like SORAS happens.

11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Um...I know this sounds cold considering, but ewww, that's just oogy territory. Not necessarily the age (well, it's too old to me but science is something, and if a person feels able...), but...her SON'S child?

Just...no.

It’s not icky to me for that reason. I don’t know all the details beyond what was just posted, but it sounds borderline creepy because, to me, it sounds like she had this kid to replace her dead son. Then again, he did bank his sperm so maybe he really wanted this. Though why someone else couldn’t do it, I don’t know. But, I’ve heard of siblings being surrogates, so I don’t know why a parent doing it is somehow ickier.

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Like you said, Eric and Nicole are a popular pairing, so I think many would disagree they do better with other pairings. Most of their recent break-ups have been due to the off-screen revolving door with the actors. Neither of your scenarios has to be what happens. It’s not a given either would have an affair (yes, I know Nicole has cheated on him twice, but the first time was 25 years ago and the last was because he was an absentee husband.) And, they have been happy with each other before so it’s not a given they would be miserable together. Eric was prepared to not be involved with both Sarah and Jada when they were pregnant, so if they do reunite it won’t necessarily be because Nicole’s pregnant.

The soap world is littered with couples who have broken up and gotten back together many times. Many of them have children together. Just some Days examples - Steve/Kayla, Bo/Hope, Jennifer/Jack, Lucas/Sami, Marlena/John, Chad/Abby. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, boes said:

You're giving Ron waaaay too much to work with now, boes...

11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

*coughs*

Okay. Let's do the math. Kristen arrived in Salem in the early 90s and seemed roughly 25. 00s is 35. 2010s is 45. 2020s is 55. So that's where we're at. Fifties.

Unless you're just talking about Eileen, who is, of course, ageless.

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I am! That used to be a big part of soaps. Not just aging everyone up to their sexual prime as soon as the "high risk delivery!" scene is over. Going from diapers to sweet sixteen skips over a lot of interesting plot.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

You're giving Ron waaaay too much to work with now, boes...

*coughs*

Okay. Let's do the math. Kristen arrived in Salem in the early 90s and seemed roughly 25. 00s is 35. 2010s is 45. 2020s is 55. So that's where we're at. Fifties.

I am! That used to be a big part of soaps. Not just aging everyone up to their sexual prime as soon as the "high risk delivery!" scene is over. Going from diapers to sweet sixteen skips over a lot of interesting plot.

FWIW I didn't say I wasn't the one who actually posted that. I said they could live offscreen if you don't want to see kids grow up.

I actually don't mind watching soap kids grow up personally. I mean we watched Carrie grow up lesser extent Jennifer from teen to grandmother etc and on GH with Robin, Laura etc. There's a lot of interesting stories to tell but soaps no longer have the writers to make that happen either.

• Like 4
Just now, CanaryFan98 said:

FWIW I didn't say I wasn't the one who actually posted that. I said they could live offscreen if you don't want to see kids grow up.

I actually don't mind watching soap kids grow up personally. I mean we watched Carrie grow up lesser extent Jennifer from teen to grandmother etc and on GH with Robin, Laura etc. There's a lot of interesting stories to tell but soaps no longer have the writers to make that happen either.

This one of the things I actually really like like about British soaps the kids grow up in real time.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

*coughs*

You're forgetting that because EJ, who's 1997 birth was retconned to 1979, Kirsten Dimera now has to have been born in the early 50's to account for the Elvis Wedding shenigans and baby stuff now having happened in the late 70's.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

You're forgetting that because EJ, who's 1997 birth was retconned to 1979

Wait....when did 1979 appear on screen as his birth year? When JS left the role and EJ died?

Look, all that means is that Susan was older than Kristen at the time of his birth. Or something. I think.

....I try never to do mental math while watching this show 😆

Aren't we supposed to be in 2024 after the time jump? Yeeaaah. No point thinking about that either.

I just ignore retconned birthdates. After EJ somehow married Sami and became William's sexy stepfather (complete with inappropriate chemistry), all bets were off LOL.

2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Like you said, Eric and Nicole are a popular pairing, so I think many would disagree they do better with other pairings. Most of their recent break-ups have been due to the off-screen revolving door with the actors. Neither of your scenarios has to be what happens. It’s not a given either would have an affair (yes, I know Nicole has cheated on him twice, but the first time was 25 years ago and the last was because he was an absentee husband.) And, they have been happy with each other before so it’s not a given they would be miserable together. Eric was prepared to not be involved with both Sarah and Jada when they were pregnant, so if they do reunite it won’t necessarily be because Nicole’s pregnant.

The soap world is littered with couples who have broken up and gotten back together many times. Many of them have children together. Just some Days examples - Steve/Kayla, Bo/Hope, Jennifer/Jack, Lucas/Sami, Marlena/John, Chad/Abby. 

Beautifully said.

Ericole is still salvageable. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

We got a little bit of that with Will, although we didn't see him consistently until his gawky teen phase with the brown-haired lanky kid that played him. I could have sworn he got really tall by '07 and it was a bit much given how short both Sami and Lucas are. Will was offscreen for a bit until they brought in Chandler around '09 or '10.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Are we really arguing about the age/birth dates of fictional characters? 

I look at it this way: if kids can rapidly age with no problem, then we should accept that writers might reverse the aging process for the adults. IMO, it has a lot to do with who is playing the character, and if it benefits the storyline.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Another new Dimera? I wonder if it's Sydney, because that would be good with the Nicole/EJ/baby plot going on. 

Is Chad still a Dimera? He's not allowed in their stories did BF make someone mad. Johnny at least interacts with the others then has his other stories. Chad just nothing. 

Wendy/Tripp/Johnny/Chad/Steph/Alex. Zzzz. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 3

And no mention at all about the potential return of Sarah? That's fine with me, but I don't think anyone forgot that she is pregnant with Xander's child. Unless it is going to be that she was 1 day pregnant when she took the test - like Nicole is 2 days pregnant when she doubles over in pain.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Another new Dimera? I wonder if it's Sydney, because that would be good with the Nicole/EJ/baby plot going on. 

Is Chad still a Dimera? He's not allowed in their stories did BF make someone mad. Johnny at least interacts with the others then has his other stories. Chad just nothing. 

Wendy/Tripp/Johnny/Chad/Steph/Alex. Zzzz. 

I didn't think about Sydney. She's definitely a possibility, and with Allie off-canvas, there's space for another Sami spawn. However, the word usage "reveal" made me think it's a new, not-known-to-the-audience Dimera. Additionally, the fact that the text states the goal is to "integrate Megan back into the family," made me think Megan has a child. In the context of the article, there's no reason why Sydney should care about Megan or Kristen or help them, especially Megan, escape prison.

As for Chad, I think the show and the actor have lost all concepts of who Chad is. He's basically an appendage of Stephanie. However, the last scene he shared with the Dimera family was wildly out-of-character. He smiled and hugged Stefan. I honestly couldn't tell if BF forgot that he was supposed to be in character for the scene or if he just doesn't give a damn anymore. Either way, I think Chabby should have had a happily ever after offscreen. BF needs a rest.

• Like 6

There is a very blurry pic from Stephen Nichols insta showing a bassinet in the Kiriakis living room under a Stephano like portrait of  Victor. Likely baby Xarah as they are filming October and it would be due in September (real time not Salem time)

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
13 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I didn't think about Sydney. She's definitely a possibility, and with Allie off-canvas, there's space for another Sami spawn. However, the word usage "reveal" made me think it's a new, not-known-to-the-audience Dimera. Additionally, the fact that the text states the goal is to "integrate Megan back into the family," made me think Megan has a child. In the context of the article, there's no reason why Sydney should care about Megan or Kristen or help them, especially Megan, escape prison.

As for Chad, I think the show and the actor have lost all concepts of who Chad is. He's basically an appendage of Stephanie. However, the last scene he shared with the Dimera family was wildly out-of-character. He smiled and hugged Stefan. I honestly couldn't tell if BF forgot that he was supposed to be in character for the scene or if he just doesn't give a damn anymore. Either way, I think Chabby should have had a happily ever after offscreen. BF needs a rest.

I read something somewhere months ago that the actress who plays Megan liked a tweet that someone theorized that 

Spoiler

Li and Wendy

were Megan’s children.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I don't have a problem with triangles and quads soaps are supposed to be messy they just sound boring.

But soaps also have COUPLES. There are NONE. Just triangles/quads, whatever.

Where is the ROMANCE?

• Like 6
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I find the Wendy/Johnny aspect ick. Lol

Maybe just Li? It might explain why he and his dad have Dimera shares which never made sense to me 

Anyhow Wendy never slept with Johnny. Kristen actually married Tony 🤢 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Maybe just Li? It might explain why he and his dad have Dimera shares which never made sense to me 

Anyhow Wendy never slept with Johnny. Kristen actually married Tony 🤢 

At least with that it was adopted not biological. Lol still gross but not blood relative. 

Megan and EJ are biologically siblings.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Yes that was it for all the Beyond Salem inserts

Ok, so I'm not crazy for thinking this all felt like another Beyond Salem series that they re-edited and wedged into the main show...

Is that what happened once the show fully switched over to Peacock?

And why did they waste so much time with stupid Harris, a character who - even redeemed - we don't give a shit about?

...so, Bope's story ends with her cradling him in a Greek hospital, and him being in a coma? That's it?

If so, I assume they're appearing again in July or something. Or that Megan would get out of prison to restore him to health or whatever. It would make little sense for her to give up on him after all these years of tending to him.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3

Oookay.

So...do we know if PR and KA fulfilled their episode counts?

I'd really like to think they'd stick around a little while longer. I very much want to see Doug and Julie happy and chilling with Bope.

I also heard that Eileen would be back playing a "new character". Was that just someone misunderstanding that Thomas Banks was one of her old characters? Or is there more Eileen still to come (and a new character in the process)?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1

Really? Hope and Bo are done? I know they only filmed a few episodes, but they didn't even wrap them up and send them off to rehab someplace? That IS LAME.

Also, isn't Steve Burton on contract now? I had read that, so it seems he will be staying with us - maybe a love for Sloan if stupid Nicole is really pregnant and it is Eric's?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1