Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait..the guy who plays Harris used to play Eve's boyfriend on DOOL back in the day..?

Huh.

Not boyfriend. Harris took a bet from his friends at school that he could get the ex hooker into bed. Eve believed he liked her and was devastated when she found out. Then she took a bottle of pills and nearly died

Don't all cry at once:

FB_IMG_1679917765286.jpg

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, they'll be "out" like Kristen was out. Gone for a month or two, but then back again. That's why KA left when she did - they wanted to "rest" her character (Hope) for a few months and then bring her back with a story about a Marine or something, which is what this story with Harris has turned into (before Bo became alive and available). I will be surprised if Linsey Godfrey (Sarah) doesn't come back soon, too.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Not boyfriend. Harris took a bet from his friends at school that he could get the ex hooker into bed. Eve believed he liked her and was devastated when she found out. Then she took a bottle of pills and nearly died

Don't all cry at once:

FB_IMG_1679917765286.jpg

Yes one of those friends was played by Scott Reeves..

I know she'll unfortunately be back but I will enjoy the Gwen reprieve when we have it.

Hey maybe Harris/Gwen can get together. Containment FTW.

• Like 5

I can't find anything online that says Emily O'Brien is leaving.  Maybe it's like the "Lauren Koslow is leaving" scoop, where she took off some time for her son's wedding or something like that. 

This all feels like clickbait to me, especially how the cast comes and goes like Show is an all-night Panda Express, except with even worse food.

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

I'd celebrate the EOB/Gwen news (actually only Gwen, as I am sure EOB is a great person. I can separate the two!), but yeah. Like everyone else, probably not permanent, so I won't break out the noise makers and party streamers just yet!

• Like 6
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

After KA's "never again, goodbye!" tour, I definitely buy into these headlines less and less.

She was pretty emphatic about why she left and I thought those bridges were burned. I did agree with KA about how she was screwed over when they decided to trash Aiden in favor of yet another run at Hafe or whatever.  lol I wonder what made Peter decide to come back after a very nice sendoff. Maybe COVID drained his life savings.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I'm guessing - and might be completely wrong - that he knows he's the reason KA didn't get a decent storyline or send-off. I suspect he decided to team up with her to make Bo viable again and therefore be free to cameo in the future, and also to allow Hope to have another shot. It's a win/win for him.

I hesitate to consider him a hero for that though because his staying away created the "where is Bo??" problem that started off this whole chain reaction in the first place. And then, him coming back for the 50th just to die created the "let's trash Aiden and stick her with Rafe!!" problem(s).

...why did he stay away 7 or 8 years ago? Was he pissed at production? Why not return and film some kind of quickie resolution if Hope's future with the show was dangling in the wind?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm guessing - and might be completely wrong - that he knows he's the reason KA didn't get a decent storyline or send-off. I suspect he decided to team up with her to make Bo viable again and therefore be free to cameo in the future, and also to allow Hope to have another shot.

I hesitate to consider him a hero for that though because his staying away created the "where is Bo??" problem and them him coming back for the 50th created the "let's trash Aiden!!" problem.

...why did he stay away 7 or 8 years ago? Was he pissed at production? Why not return and film some kind of quickie resolution if Hope's future with the show was dangling in the wind?

I respectfully disagree with most of this. (You know we disagree on the Bo/Aiden angle. LOL!)

I doubt the show is doing all this to give Hope a shot without Bo in the long run. Right or wrong, social media and all other advertising for this is advertising the pairing of Bo/Hope.

Already, many - including me and others here - are already hating Hope with Harris. All over I am seeing "not here for Hope and Harris!" and wanting Bo/Hope. The anticipation is in that reunion.

No, I think this is more or less a way to redo a Bo/Hope ending as a happy one, and maybe reduce PR/KA to Doug/Julie status with occasional pop ins.

But we'll see!

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I doubt the show is doing all this to give Hope a shot without Bo in the long run. Right or wrong, social media and all other advertising for this is advertising the pairing of Bo/Hope.

Oh no we fully agree on that point. The notion of Hope ever being independent from Bo is now very dead. He's back to "save" wayward Hope, and they'll both leave together this time. KA isn't going to hang back again and hope to get good story with PR gone. She's seen what that will get her...

14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I think this is more or less a way to redo a Bo/Hope ending as a happy one, and maybe reduce PR/KA to Doug/Julie status with occasional pop ins.

Exactly. We agree 💯

• Like 6

There are reports that Sloane is out as well. I hate that they film so far in advance or they would see that the majority of fans are really enjoying her injecting life into poor tired Eeyore Eric. Sadly they are still probably committed to another round of him with Nicole. I wish they would just give up on some of these legacy couples (not John/Marlena, no matter how boring I find them, or Steve/Kayla and Bo/Hope - those three should be kept together forever now). I used to love Sarah/Xander so much but there is no point to them anymore unless he changes his entire personality or she realizes he is always going to mess up and learns to live with it, otherwise it is the same conversation over and over with them. 

So 5 actresses meant to be 'out' or temporarily out. Sloane, Kate, Sarah, apparently Belle. Not sure who the 5th is. Praying it is Paulina. I can't take her anymore and the show could save bucks on her salary.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
24 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

There are reports that Sloane is out as well. I hate that they film so far in advance or they would see that the majority of fans are really enjoying her injecting life into poor tired Eeyore Eric. Sadly they are still probably committed to another round of him with Nicole. I wish they would just give up on some of these legacy couples (not John/Marlena, no matter how boring I find them, or Steve/Kayla and Bo/Hope - those three should be kept together forever now). I used to love Sarah/Xander so much but there is no point to them anymore unless he changes his entire personality or she realizes he is always going to mess up and learns to live with it, otherwise it is the same conversation over and over with them. 

So 5 actresses meant to be 'out' or temporarily out. Sloane, Kate, Sarah, apparently Belle. Not sure who the 5th is. Praying it is Paulina. I can't take her anymore and the show could save bucks on her salary.

It's supposed to be NB/Chloe. I'm devastated as Chloe and Sloan have been my favorite characters, by far, these past few months. Chloe has been a favorite for decades.

I wish the show would get rid of characters I don't like and who serve no purpose. Stephanie, Chad, Rafe, Tripp, and Johnny are where I would start. Personally, I would also get rid of Kayla and Steve. I'm also not a big fan of this EJ and I think the show struggles with Nicole, although I do like her.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I wish the show would get rid of characters I don't like and who serve no purpose. Stephanie, Chad, Rafe, Tripp, and Johnny are where I would start. Personally, I would also get rid of Kayla and Steve. I'm also not a big fan of this EJ and I think the show struggles with Nicole, although I do like her.

Heck yes to Stephanie, Tripp, Rafe. They are all so bland on screen. I'd add Wendy to that too although I know a lot of people like her. Johnny and Chad can work with decent scene partners.  Sloane pops on screen and is so interesting to watch. I'd eliminate Stephanie and Paulina, Tripp and Wendy and keep Chloe and Sloane. 

• Like 3

I hope they do not try to put Nicole and Eric back together. I don't mind Sloan with Eric - she makes him at least interesting.

They haven't known what to do with Chloe for years, so she will have this story with her and Rachel and then maybe she realizes that no one will do anything about the brat and head back to her family and Parker.

But, I am still guessing that these women will be rotated out and then back again. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

As reported yesterday, Emily O'Brien (Gwen) is also out. Whether it is another revolving door deal or permanent remains to be seen. But I'm betting on the former.

• Like 2

It's worth noting that Emily O'Brien was in the pic from the party celebrating the renewal so I think we can safely assume she's gonna be back.

I'm a broken record but I think the revolving door thing is smart in a lot of ways. I think they should probably be doing it with a lot more of the characters.

Also, I totally agree that Stephanie should go permanently. She just isn't working imo. I would get rid of Chad for sure, too. He's been stagnant for, well, years lol. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I used to love Sarah/Xander so much but there is no point to them anymore unless he changes his entire personality or she realizes he is always going to mess up and learns to live with it, otherwise it is the same conversation over and over with them. 

See, that was kind of the way I felt with Maggie/Victor...but I learned to live with it. They were, of course, two older actors with less story on their shoulders, so it kinda made sense to pair them up and let them banter a bit. They teased the idea of Maggie having too much conscience to fully condone his actions, but obviously were never going to write this as a real story, because then she'd clearly have to leave him.

Xander and Sarah are far younger and therefore have more options in the long run, so I assume they're doomed.

As annoying as some of you felt it was to see Xander be "woobie" ish in his attempts to reform for Sarah's sake, I think it would have been far worse for Sarah to drag herself down to his level. We probably ended up with the better option.

I like the actors together well enough, but yeah, the coupling makes little sense unless Xander becomes a complete Saint, which would make him less interesting overall. Maybe these two will have a perpetual Ericole story though, getting back together and breaking apart. Some real-life love stories are like that. Never quite perfect but always there.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
6 minutes ago, rcc said:

How about Paulina and Abe taking a long vacation. Lol

I really pity Abe. He's hardly on the show, getting on in years, and they saddle him with this...joke of a second wife? Ugh. Why? I liked that he was single for so long after Lexie's passing - pretty realistic - but then the options boiled down to Lexie 2.0 (Val, also a kindly doctor) or Paulina the Cartoon.

Oh wait, they also briefly considered that TLC character who was far too young for him and Kate, which...made no sense and was based on nothing.

Lordy, Kate has had crap storylines for like...a decade! I still can't get over her waiting tables at the pub and playing assistant to Abe. Like...whaaa...!?!?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

I can't fathom keeping Stephanie over Sloane

Stephanie is a legacy character and the daughter of one of the shows famous couples. Despite being a more dynamic character, Sloane doesn't have any of that going for her on a show that favors the daughters of legacy couples.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Xander and Sarah are far younger and therefore have more options in the long run, so I assume they're doomed.

As I posted before, though, that does not have to be the case. Steve and Jack started VERY awful and evolved. Not even saying Xander has to go white hat. Gray hat would still work if he were to stay with Sarah.

It's just these hacks are lazy and cannot be bothered to get too complex, hence the strictly black and white scenario.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I would get rid of Chad for sure, too. He's been stagnant for, well, years lol. 

The one thing that could have made Chad interesting is if he had hooked up with Sonny in a bisexual awakening story. They did it with Crystal Chapman on Guiding Light in 2009 so why not here? Zac Tinker and Billy Flynn could have pulled it off. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, Elio Kukui said:

*shrugs*  That's fine with me.  Maybe it's how my brain is wired, but black and white is all I understand.  I don't really get how gray could work or even be viable or effective.

Gray could be so far as do shady things but not, you know, kill people or things that go to that extreme. Gray-hat characters have been around forever.

Luke Spencer on GH being one of the most well known, as another example.

• Like 7
39 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Stephanie is a legacy character and the daughter of one of the shows famous couples. Despite being a more dynamic character, Sloane doesn't have any of that going for her on a show that favors the daughters of legacy couples.

It doesn't change the fact the actress is boring. Who here seeks out Stephanie scenes?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

It doesn't change the fact the actress is boring. Who here seeks out Stephanie scenes?

Abigail Klein is not a great actress, but honestly I really cannot fault her for all of Stephanie's blahness. As an adult, the writing team(s) have never had a handle on who Stephanie IS

First, she was a spunky, redheaded race car driver, then a brunette damsel in distress.

The writers need to establish STEPHANIE prior to dumping her into a pairing and decide who and what drives her. With every recast changing her core (as successful recasts keep the essence of a character, which Stephanie hasn't had to begin with!), it's impossible to invest in her when she has no core.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
37 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Abigail Klein is not a great actress, but honestly I really cannot fault her for all of Stephanie's blahness. As an adult, the writing team(s) have never had a handle on who Stephanie IS

First, she was a spunky, redheaded race car driver, then a brunette damsel in distress.

The writers need to establish STEPHANIE prior to dumping her into a pairing and decide who and what drives her. With every recast changing her core (as successful recasts keep the essence of a character, which Stephanie hasn't had to begin with!), it's impossible to invest in her when she has no core.

This also applies to Gwen.  Except her personality/motivations/careers shift every few months or so instead of whenever there's a recast.  She's a nobody retcon without the strong ties of Stephanie, so she's not worth all the effort of trying to get anyone to care about her.

The actress is terrible, as is the story with Chad, but the character is salvageable if written by someone better.  Stephanie should have been frenemies with her cousin Abby.  Have her and Joey clash a bit with Abby and JJ over business or something.  Let Steve and Jack vow not to take sides when their kids want them to help.  USE the history.  Then find a suitable love interest.  Not the insta-love with Chad and new, perfect replacement mommy for Abby's kids.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Like 7
18 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think they could have just had Sarah accept Xander for who he is because she's not really some ingénue type but at this point that ship has sailed imo. 

Apparently not as she is pregnant and eventually they will go back to telling whatever their story is going to be. I am tired of the long breaks where he has the same conversation with Gwen over and over. Chloe was a nice break last week

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I fast-forward Sloane's scenes though.  I prefer boring over obnoxious any day.

Yeah not me. Stephanie, like Ally, puts me to sleep. I like looking at Sloane and her pretty hair, and she makes Eric fun for the first time in his life

• Like 6
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Apparently not as she is pregnant and eventually they will go back to telling whatever their story is going to be. I am tired of the long breaks where he has the same conversation with Gwen over and over. Chloe was a nice break last week

Xander/Sarah and Xander/Gwen are both over played and that merry-go-round needs to end as well. I don't think Xander/Sarah should get back together but it would be better than the endless back and forth. Plus, I'll just fast forward them anyway so it's no skin off my nose lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

So Sarah, Sloane, Chloe, Gwen and Belle out. Theresa back for a short spell only. Are all the men going to date each other? Or share Nicole? 

I doubt Gwen and Sarah are out for good. Emily O'Brien was apparently in pics celebrating the show's renewal and LG also congratulated the show on said renewal. Reports have Sarah back in May. It's probably a "rest". Belle is a different story since Martha Madison seemingly wiped her social media accounts of a lot of Days stuff, but we'll see.

This is the new normal since the Peacock move.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
54 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I doubt Gwen and Sarah are out for good. Emily O'Brien was apparently in pics celebrating the show's renewal and LG also congratulated the show on said renewal. Reports have Sarah back in May. It's probably a "rest". Belle is a different story since Martha Madison seemingly wiped her social media accounts of a lot of Days stuff, but we'll see.

This is the new normal since the Peacock move.

Well I know that I was just joking that they are essentially wiping out all the women of that age range in one fell swoop at the same time. Leaving us with Stephanie Chanel Talia and Wendy who are too young for Xander Brady Eric etc. Benalex of course will go for the younger set

Just read Talia is already out lol

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Well I know that I was just joking that they are essentially wiping out all the women of that age range in one fell swoop at the same time. Leaving us with Stephanie Chanel Talia and Wendy who are too young for Xander Brady Eric etc. Benalex of course will go for the younger set

Where'd you see that about Talia?!

This show is ridiculous with its revolving door policy!

• Like 2
(edited)

As for all these folks leaving, I'll believe it when I see it.  Even though Sarah is gone we all know she'll be back, probably about the time she has her baby.  I don't buy for a second that Kate is gone, even for a long period, much less for good and I can't see how Talia, who just got there is already out the door.  

At the very least, can't some "insider" from the show make ME happy and tell us that Paulina ends up kidnapped by aliens and taken to a galaxy, far far away where she ends up marrying Jabba the Hut and that Julie takes her next cruise with the Skipper and Gilligan at the helm??????

How about some GOOD news?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
12 hours ago, brisbydog said:

She was also at the party celebrating the renewal so if that rumor is true she was probably just rested for a bit.

I'm gonna assume all these women are just 'on a break' because it makes no sense to slash the women like that while keeping all the men.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She was also at the party celebrating the renewal so if that rumor is true she was probably just rested for a bit.

I'm gonna assume all these women are just 'on a break' because it makes no sense to slash the women like that while keeping all the men.

Soon Xander and Benalex will have to date each other

• LOL 7