Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Aymery said:

Why is this kind of accusation only ever lobbed at an openly gay writer?

Well that's not entirely true. On Buffy the Vampire Slayer it was known that Xander was a self insert of Joss Whedon and he's straight.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Aymery said:

Why is this kind of accusation only ever lobbed at an openly gay writer?

I'm sorry, I've been openly gay since I was 14 years old so if you're trying to accuse me of some kind of homophobia it's not going to work. If you don't think Ron is using Leo as his fantasy self-insert character that's fine, but implying that I'm a self-hating gay guy because I think it's obvious that he is not okay. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not necessarily against this, but this seems to be going warp speed...

They are just friends. So maybe it's about practical reasons? Don't they both live in hotels? I'm just glad he's away from Gwen

• Like 5
Just now, brisbydog said:

They are just friends. So maybe it's about practical reasons? Don't they both live in hotels? I'm just glad he's away from Gwen

A good enough reason for me right there! 😎 I am glad Xander is branching out. And I do like Chloe, and being away from Rac-hell is a blessing for her, I'm sure.

At least Chloe/Xander have no illusions about each other...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Monday, April 24

• Shawn is shocked when Harris informs him that Bo is alive.

• Thomas Banks confronts Kayla, Stephanie, and Chad.

• Andrew tells Marlena, John, and Roman that Kate was killed by Bo.

• Hope and Bo face each other

Tuesday, April 25

• A shocking climax ends Hope and Bo’s reunion.

• The Johnson family reunites.

• Leo has questions for Chanel and Johnny concerning their “engagement.”

• Tripp and Wendy’s date takes an unexpected turn.

Wednesday, April 26

• Talia and Chanel are questioned by the cops about the drugged biscuits.

• Talia goes to a secret meeting.

• Melinda tears into Sloan.

• Gabi and Stefan stand together against EJ and Nicole.

Thursday, April 27

• Jada has questions about a hole in Talia’s story.

• It is finally clear why Talia did what she did.

• Chloe and Xander decide they’re going to move in together.

• Chanel attempts to get Alex on her aside against Sloan.

Friday, April 28

• Hope runs into Harris, who is filled with guilt.

• Ciara attempts to comfort Shawn.

• Roman reunites with Steve and Kayla, admitting to them that he has issues with seeing Bo again.

• Stephanie and Chad find some time for romance.

Extra Spoilers 

• Sloan feels she’s being framed.

• Brady opens up to Eric. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I hope this Kate shit is a red herring. I want Bo back (and Bo/Hope), but making him a killer is...nope, do not want.

Ron's probably doing this so Ben and Bo have equal footing or something. And...NO.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
25 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

• Roman reunites with Steve and Kayla, admitting to them that he has issues with seeing Bo again.

That is such crap. I don't care if Roman believes that Bo killed Kate. His beloved brother is alive and anything that he has done is because of Dimera interference. Roman of all people (the original reason with Stefano Dimera tried to destroy his life) would know this.  Bo is >>>>>> than Kate. By a thousand fold.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

Kate's not dead.  No way.  

But then again, in Salem, who the hell ever is????

Minority report here.  Like Bo, never loved him and my love for Hope withered a long time ago.  That said, I think bringing her back, and him, is the right thing to do for the show.  But if I had to choose, I'd take Kate over either one.  JMHO.

• Like 5
On 4/15/2023 at 12:09 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm sorry, I've been openly gay since I was 14 years old so if you're trying to accuse me of some kind of homophobia it's not going to work. If you don't think Ron is using Leo as his fantasy self-insert character that's fine, but implying that I'm a self-hating gay guy because I think it's obvious that he is not okay. 

It's not just your comment, it's the sum of all the comments that accuse gay men, regardless of their roles, of using their shows - and male cast members - for personal wish fulfillment (putting it a lot more "politely" than many of the offending comments). Their sexuality is weaponized against them and assumed to be the primary, if not sole, motivating factor behind all their decisions. I go between the DAYS and GH boards and I see the same alarming insinuations on both - only gathering momentum as it becomes more common in public discourse. I almost never see this kind of language directed at various straight writers/execs, even when they have female characters (for example) model a lingerie line on B&B. They, too, cast attractive actors who aren't great at emoting and have them take their shirts off frequently, but because the showrunner isn't gay, there's no accusation that the motivation behind those scenes is personal enjoyment. How can something that happens with frequency on all soaps be cast in a different, incendiary light just because a person in charge (on GH, not even of the writing) happens to be gay?

You could argue I'm being overly sensitive but given the appalling rise in homophobic rhetoric, I don't believe it's unwarranted. It's worse when a member of the LGBTQ+ community contributes to this harmful narrative.

Edited by Aymery
4 hours ago, Aymery said:

. They, too, cast attractive actors who aren't great at emoting and have them take their shirts off frequently, but because the showrunner isn't gay, there's no accusation that the motivation behind those scenes is personal enjoyment.

Okay, you clearly don't remember the 2000's GH board where pretty much everyone was accusing Brian Frons of thinking with his dick when it came to the storylines of Faith walking around in lingerie.

Or check out the Euphoria socials, which is not a soap but there's a strong undercurrent of people talking about how Sam Levinson is using the show to have teenaged characters acting out his sexual fantasies. 

Or the "Me, too" stuff that sunk One Tree Hill writer Mark Schwan. He had a storyline on his show where Hilarie Burton, who was playing a 16-year old, ran her own strip webshow. They later had a storyline of the cast members posing for Maxim magazine. Years later, to the surprise of no one, Hilarie Burton came out about Mark Schwan's inappropriate behavior towards her.

Then there's Joss Whedon, who Michelle Tractenberg at 15 years old wasn't allowed to be alone with during the filming of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and pretty much every female who starred in his two shows for the WB has come out against him except for Amy Acker.

I am not going to apologize for side-eyeing Ron Carlivati's usage of Leo and how Leo is constantly seen hitting on straight men. Hell, Leo even made a joke about how he prefers dark-haired men over blond guys, which was a running joke on the One Life to Live board way back when Ron was forcing the Ford Brother trio on us.

In any event, you've said your peace. I've said mine. I don't agree with you, and you clearly don't agree with me, and that's okay. If you don't like me pointing out what I think is happening, you don't have to read those comments. You can always block me.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
  • Applause 7

Megan is semi entertaining, maybe because she has been gone for close to 40 years. But I am LONG over Kristen.

Like, I NEED her Isabella dead. Now. Yesterday.

And all I will say to the word salad that is Soapdirt is...Bo/Hope had BETTER have a real reunion, or myself and many other viewers will be pissed to have wasted time on this "Bo wants to be a real Kiriakis" and "Hope macks on icky Harris" nonsense.

Bo always loved Shawn Sr. Shawn, Sr. was his father, biology or not. He and Hope named his SON (remember him, Ron?!) after him.

So this other crap is ridiculous.

And annoying since, if TIIC knew time was limited, they should have planned accordingly instead of wasting time on this garbage.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I was just shocked at how limited/short the Bo and Hope storyline is. Thought they would be on a little longer.

I don't think a lot of people know this and figured they are back for a while. I can't believe they are wasting all this time not letting them be together and will either wrap it up with a quick and forced happy ending, OR they end it with Bad Bo and Hope going their separate ways and will wait until next summer to have them reunite.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
38 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't think a lot of people know this and figured they are back for a while. I can't believe they are wasting all this time not letting them be together and will either wrap it up with a quick and forced happy ending, OR they end it with Bad Bo and Hope going their separate ways and will wait until next summer to have them reunite.

I was surprised to read 12-15 filmed eps. One of the reasons I posted the article link.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Talia is working with Sloane's brother to bring down Chanel. Why are they framing his sister though? Actor cast is British. Hope he keeps accent. Plausible since they lived in London

LOVE THIS!

What's the actor's name?

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Dick and Drake are friends in RL so this is good for Days. Bill won't be the only 90 something on that set either.

I read somewhere that Bill is pretty much retired now, and will just do brief appearances to say hello at parties and such. Glad he got the Devil plot to go out with

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I read somewhere that Bill is pretty much retired now, and will just do brief appearances to say hello at parties and such. Glad he got the Devil plot to go out with

Well he deserves it although I rather see him reunite with his Princess as his final curtain call rather than that horrific devil plot.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

At least Shawn finally gets involved too. 

But is Soap Dirt written by an 8-year-old?  That was... not good.  (No offense meant to 8-year-olds.)

Are we supposed to care about Harris Michaels?  I sure don't.  I'm here for the Bo and Hope reunion; once it's over, I'll probably tune out again.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 4/21/2023 at 6:04 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Well he deserves it although I rather see him reunite with his Princess as his final curtain call rather than that horrific devil plot.

SAME. That devil stuff was not the note to end on. Maybe we'll get lucky and see father and daughter together again on screen before Bope inevitably leave Salem.

...so Dick Van Dyke is guesting??! Wow 😲 That's a coup! Hopefully he isn't part of anything idiotic.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...so Dick Van Dyke is guesting??! Wow 😲 That's a coup! Hopefully he isn't part of anything idiotic.

I read he will have scenes with John and Marlena (which kind of makes sense since it is said that he is guest starring since he and Drake Hogestyn are friends.).

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I read he will have scenes with John and Marlena (which kind of makes sense since it is said that he is guest starring since he and Drake Hogestyn are friends.).

Yep. Drake and DVD went to the same gym and DVD apparently asked if Days would give a part for “an old man like him”. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Monday, May 1, 2023
Roman, Steve, Kayla, and Andrew analyze Bo and Kate’s last encounter. 
Belle punches an insensitive EJ.

Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Alex tells Gwen they should stop seeing each other.

Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Chloe insists to Brady there is no chance for them to 

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Friday, May 5, 2023
Gabi takes Nicole to the hospital when Nicole suddenly doubles over in pain.
EJ and Eric come to blows.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Additional spoilers:

Monday, May 1st:
Roman, Steve, Kayla, and Andrew analyze Bo and Kate's last encounter. 

Tuesday, May 2nd:
Brady learns Chloe and Xander are moving in together. 

Wednesday, May 3rd:
Jada can't shake her suspicion that Talia has been going after Paulina and Chanel.

Thursday, May 4th:
Nicole learns Eric and Sloan are back together.

Friday, May 5th: 
Gabi takes Nicole to the hospital when Nicole suddenly doubles over in pain.
In Greece, Steve protests when he learns he and Chad must work with Harris.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I swear, if Nicole is fucking pregnant I'm gonna lose it!

Of course she is! There was a spoiler where Sloan asks Eric if the baby is OK, so there you go. Nicole is what - 2-3 days pregnant if it was the result of the biscuit encounter? And, of course, it will be Eric's and not EJ's. 

ETA - surprised they are having her double over in pain instead of the usual fainting. 

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
29 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Oh no. Isn't she a tad old for WTD?  We had enough of her baby stories or passing babies off on others. 

This show gave Kirsten Dimera a baby despite her having been born sometime around 1950. This is nothing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

Plus there's all the messiness of the Sydney thing. So yeah - I think the kid will be Eric's rather than EJ's.

No joke, this does make me happy, but on the other hand, I prefer when the show honors its history, especially where medical conditions are concerned. And why did this kid have to be conceived via drugged sex? I mean...seriously? Couldn't they have given Ericole something more dignified..?

• Like 4