Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

You say that like it's an issue with this show.

For the final touch, Ben's bangs will be combed upward while Alex's bangs will be combed down.

It'll be like Hayley Mills (and Hayley Mills!) in the original The Parent Trap. Only less enjoyable.

• LOL 4

Another spoiler for the week has Xander/Alex "coming to blows" over Gwen. Yuck. She ain't all that.

And Ron needs to pick a lane and stick with it. Either Xander pines for the Plague That Ate Salem or Sarah. But stop with the one foot in, one foot out shit.

But I forgot: Everyone must praise Gwen to the skies for her wonderfulness. Even as she destroyed legacy characters for her pet mantle.

It really is a copy of Ron's OTHER pet, Sabrina, on GH, all over again.

• Like 7
Just now, Elio Kukui said:

Agreed that Ron needs to make up his mind.

But some people happen to think that she is all that.  Don't speak for everyone.

I wasn't speaking for anyone but my opinion. And I stand by it.

• Like 2

@Retired at last, it seems Linsey Godfrey's name was removed from the cast list as of today. I remember you saying LG was leaving.

Although someone on Twitter seems confident she will be back, so I wonder if this current exit was pre-planned or whatever, or part of the "new" contract process the show has been doing. As I joked before - but with a level of truth - with this schedule, anyone's exit seems temporary since so many pop back up in that 6-month shooting window!

It would be very weird for the character to discover she is pregnant, never to be seen again.

Shrug.

The BTS stuff is always so weird now. Maybe Sarah will be recast?

I say broadcast the show behind the show. The numbers would probably double. LOL!

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Elio Kukui said:

Just a thought, but maybe Linsey left for contract negotiations around this time?  She was only back for a year, and that year's pretty much lapsed.  Or she simply left as soon as it lapsed?  Has to be one or those possibilities.

But I think all contracts are on a yearly basis now since moving to Peacock. Maybe to save money or due to uncertainty with the platform?

But I have read that more than once. I do recall the big deal made when the show was still on NBC, and the report came that EVERYONE was released from their contracts.

Probably to set up for the new format/streaming, etc., but it makes everything so complicated these days.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Another spoiler for the week has Xander/Alex "coming to blows" over Gwen. Yuck. She ain't all that.

Maybe....that's not exactly the meaning of that sentence....

Ewww. 🤢 No. Even Xander doesn't deserve that, I dont care how many people he's shot.

I think the most we can hope for is that Alex and Ben appearing together will create a tear in the space/time continuum and cause them both to simply vanish.

Or merge into one big ab.

55 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I say broadcast the show behind the show. The numbers would probably double. LOL!

Depends. Do they have old footage of Jennifer and Peter backstage, erm, rehearsing their lines...?

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

It would be very weird for the character to discover she is pregnant, never to be seen again.

Shrug.

Ron does love to rehash stuff so maybe Sarah uses that same mailbox Don Craig did when he was never seen again. 😁

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Alex and Ciara are cousins.

Ciara is ALSO cousins with BOTH Xander (as Bo is Xander's first cousin) and Sarah (as Hope and Sarah are first cousins via Addie, Hope's mother, and via Mickey, Sarah's father; Addie and Mickey being brother/sister!)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

As I joked before - but with a level of truth - with this schedule, anyone's exit seems temporary since so many pop back up in that 6-month shooting window!

Exactly. I don't expect any exit to be 100% permanent anymore. They have people coming and going all the time. I would only believe it was permanent if the actor themselves gave an interview outright stating it.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I liked Alex and Gwen’s chemistry. Maybe they can scheme together, because Stephanie is a drag.

I do think this is what they should've done with Alex to begin with. The womanizing doesn't bother me but they needed him to be more shady etc this would fit with him.

• Like 5

@WendyCR72, thanks for the shout out. When I read that she was leaving, I had heard that she wanted to do "something else." It very well could be that her story was pretty much non-existent, once she came back and remembered Xander. They had no idea what to do with her and we all know that no one can have a happy ending. So, maybe then she decided to leave since she wasn't going to get to play with her friend, Paul Telfer (Xander). And, maybe since she is in a better place, emotionally, she wants to enjoy her life with her new dog and boyfriend?

It IS, however, strange that she ran off with Rex to Chicago after finding out that she was pregnant. Maybe she will lose the baby off-screen, or return and not tell Xander until the baby has an illness or needs a specific blood type, etc. That is really crappy to do to Xander. Maggie can find out and think that it is Rex's, but for Xander not to ever know would be too cruel.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

@WendyCR72, thanks for the shout out. When I read that she was leaving, I had heard that she wanted to do "something else." It very well could be that her story was pretty much non-existent, once she came back and remembered Xander. They had no idea what to do with her and we all know that no one can have a happy ending. So, maybe then she decided to leave since she wasn't going to get to play with her friend, Paul Telfer (Xander). And, maybe since she is in a better place, emotionally, she wants to enjoy her life with her new dog and boyfriend?

It IS, however, strange that she ran off with Rex to Chicago after finding out that she was pregnant. Maybe she will lose the baby off-screen, or return and not tell Xander until the baby has an illness or needs a specific blood type, etc. That is really crappy to do to Xander. Maggie can find out and think that it is Rex's, but for Xander not to ever know would be too cruel.

I found it interesting she was literally back for exactly one year on the show. Maybe she only signed a one year contract? But with the baby story there is clearly a set up for her return.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Exactly. I don't expect any exit to be 100% permanent anymore. They have people coming and going all the time. I would only believe it was permanent if the actor themselves gave an interview outright stating it.

I get your point, but even then, I don't really believe them.  Didn't the actors who played both Bo and Hope say that they were done with DOOL?   I really think a lot of actors leave thinking they have great prospects somewhere else.  They then discover that they may have overestimated their popularity/cachet - and back to the soap it is.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I do think this is what they should've done with Alex to begin with. The womanizing doesn't bother me but they needed him to be more shady etc this would fit with him.

I don't think this guy has the range to do anything more than what's he's doing now. IMO, I think this is why Ron wanted to keep him onscreen.

And I think Leo is pretty much Ron's mouthpiece.

• Like 7
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

@Retired at last, it seems Linsey Godfrey's name was removed from the cast list as of today. I remember you saying LG was leaving.

Although someone on Twitter seems confident she will be back, so I wonder if this current exit was pre-planned or whatever, or part of the "new" contract process the show has been doing. As I joked before - but with a level of truth - with this schedule, anyone's exit seems temporary since so many pop back up in that 6-month shooting window!

Shrug.

The BTS stuff is always so weird now. Maybe Sarah will be recast?

Galen's wife said a while back that behind the scenes is more interesting than the show.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
44 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I don't think this guy has the range to do anything more than what's he's doing now. IMO, I think this is why Ron wanted to keep him onscreen.

Leo panting over straight 'hot' guys is very uncomfortable

Alex shagging everybody in town is boring af. This is what, his 5th lay since he combed his bangs and changed his name?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

How most actors/actresses leave Days these days:

mzX7PoY3G0cSGtctFyqOLg=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I get your point, but even then, I don't really believe them.  Didn't the actors who played both Bo and Hope say that they were done with DOOL?   I really think a lot of actors leave thinking they have great prospects somewhere else.  They then discover that they may have overestimated their popularity/cachet - and back to the soap it is.

And don't forget Miss I'm Leaving for Artistic Integrity or whatever pompous pretentious bs VK spouted when she took off the last time.  

VK every year:

B706EF51-A5D7-41BB-8775-A2B2BE309E30.gif

Several months later:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I really think a lot of actors leave thinking they have great prospects somewhere else.  They then discover that they may have overestimated their popularity/cachet - and back to the soap it is.

Oh, for sure. Especially the younger ones. I wish Precious Way would decide she's better off here and come back lol.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Sidney said:

I agree I think he can play psycho pretty well but that's about it.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe....that's not exactly the meaning of that sentence....

Ewww. 🤢 No. Even Xander doesn't deserve that, I dont care how many people he's shot.

I think the most we can hope for is that Alex and Ben appearing together will create a tear in the space/time continuum and cause them both to simply vanish.

Or merge into one big ab.

Depends. Do they have old footage of Jennifer and Peter backstage, erm, rehearsing their lines...?

🤣

• LOL 2

Is the change in status what they did with the Chloe actress? I thought I read she was leaving, and she was off screen for a bit, but now she’s back. This revolving cast confuses me. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Is the change in status what they did with the Chloe actress? I thought I read she was leaving, and she was off screen for a bit, but now she’s back. This revolving cast confuses me. 

I think it is probably a money-saving move. Short contracts, rest, then more short contracts. Probably less $$$ to pay out versus the old format with long contracts/guarantees, etc.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I think it is probably a money-saving move. Short contracts, rest, then more short contracts. Probably less $$$ to pay out versus the old format with long contracts/guarantees, etc.

Yeah, they've done this with Lucas Adams a lot until they finally seemed to find a viable love interest with him in Wendy.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Seems her "exit" is a short one, a la Nadia Bjorlin, Lucas Adams, and Kyle Lowder, etc. It's a repeat of last year's, it seems. (When LG left LAST March and Sarah was on that godforsaken island thinking she was a dead woman.)

I guess "exits" aren't as set in stone as they used to be!

• LOL 3
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, for sure. Especially the younger ones. I wish Precious Way would decide she's better off here and come back lol.

I completely agree with you. I just can't warm up to the recast Chanel. PW was only in the role for like 6 months, but I loved her interpretation. 

• Like 4
On 3/14/2023 at 9:56 PM, Artsda said:

Hopefully she'll return soon and not 9 months pregnant. 

I heard May so probably showing. She and Xander stopped having sex right after Christmas so she would be about 4 months, and on her teeny bod that would be visible

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Elio Kukui said:

Right before, actually.  They stopped after the kidnapping came out, which was right on Christmas Day.

Now I know Salem time is different from real time but she made a point of mentioning Valentine's Day as when she and Rex had sex and she and Xander were literally dressed as Santa and Mrs Claus that day so I think the timing will match.

I wonder who will be there for Victor's funeral.

I'd think the guest list would need to be as follows, budget be damned:

Maggie

Sarah

Xander

John

Marlena

Brady

Chloe

Nicole

Kate

Justin

Bonnie

Sonny

Philip

Theresa

...I'm doubtful those last three will be there, but I'm hoping.

Alex can go park cars.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wonder who will be there for Victor's funeral.

I'd think the guest list would need to be as follows, budget be damned:

Maggie

Sarah

Xander

John

Marlena

Brady

Chloe

Nicole

Kate

Justin

Bonnie

Sonny

Philip

Theresa

...I'm doubtful those last three will be there, but I'm hoping.

Alex can go park cars.

Bo and Hope?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I wonder if they could get that many major characters in the church setting or Horton Town Square.

I wish the Kiriakis Mansion had more than just the living room set. It would be great to see a collection of characters there having different conversations, memories regarding Victor, conflicted feelings regarding his actions, and maybe even someone accidentally revealing Philip's alive that leads to Kristen bringing him back to destroy Broe similar to her bringing Roman back to the canvas to destroy Jarlena. It could also be a great introduction to Victor Kiriakis - Justin and Adrienne's son. 

Anyway, I'm curious how the show would handle his funeral. I actually wouldn't want Sarah or Bonnie there, but I understand why they are included. Amongst that cast of characters, they feel the most inappropriate.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm going to vomit if Bo has to call Ben "son".

Unless it's used in a greeting such as "Hey, you sonofabitch, get the hell away from my moronic daughter"!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11