Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But the Hortons aren't really central to DOOL any longer.  Eli is likely gone thanks to LA's outside work.  Melissa Reeves is clearly not going to do more than pop in when she feels like it.  I think the only reason we're getting Cady back as Jennifer is because they're killing off another Horton-Abigail. I'd love for her kids to be seen as Hortons but, let's face it, the show is obsessed with the Dimeras and that's who they're affiliated the most with.  Lucas is mostly tied to Sami.

Don't forget about Allie. She's a Horton...and doubt she'll be going anywhere since she's tied to Johnny and Channel.

I disagree that the Hortons aren't central. As long as there's a Horton Square, the Horton name will always be brought up, especially Tom & Alice's. Maybe the show should consider bringing back Marie or Bill (Lucas' father), even if it's not the original actors.  

• Love 1

Bill is dead-- both the character and the actors known for playing him. I hate that the show never did a  quick redux of Laura/Bill/Kate, perhaps around the time of Alice's death when temporary!Bill had chemistry with everyone. I would have liked to have seen Jennifer and Lucas have a horrified reaction. Or any reaction.

If the show wants another older Horton anchor, s/he really needs to be from the next generation down. Mike stepping in for an admin position at the hospital (possibly bringing Jeremy), Melissa coming to support her sister Sarah in her crazy life (possibly bringing Nathan), Jennifer in a fulltime role (possibly bringing JJ).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Of course their baby would be born in the murder cabin.

I think it was the Horton cabin, actually.  The fireplace and location of the door are the clues for me.

As for the Hope recast not having a story - can't any character actually have a good story at any time, it's just up to the writers to actually think of one and then write it?  Hope isn't destined to just be tied to Rafe and Julie only... the writers could actually surprise us and revamp the character if she returns.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Oh my god whyyyy

I sometimes think Ron reads up blurbs on Wikipedia and grabs people’s names and writes it into the show so he should credit for using the shiw’s history. All superficial nonsense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I sometimes think Ron reads up blurbs on Wikipedia and grabs people’s names and writes it into the show so he should credit for using the shiw’s history. All superficial nonsense.

There is no doubt in my mind he really does this lol.

I don't know that character. I'm actually interested to see what happens with that. It's certainly not where I expected this story to go lol.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

There is no doubt in my mind he really does this lol.

I don't know that character. I'm actually interested to see what happens with that. It's certainly not where I expected this story to go lol.

Renee is the daughter of Lee DuMonde and Stefano DiMera.  When she first came to town, she was dating Tony, but her mother tried to prevent them from dating because of their blood relationship. I wonder how Sarah as Renee is going to try to get back with Tony if she's his "sister".

• Useful 1

The Sarah spoiler is FUCKING RIDICULOUS. An insult to the late Philece Sampler and to the audience.

With that said, for anyone not familiar with Renee Dumonde (DiMera), here is a great scene of hers (ironically, Marlena is standing next to Chris Kositcheck - played by Josh Taylor - who is now Roman; Renee even calls them out by name at one point!):

• Love 3
On 2/16/2022 at 9:55 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I agree that the character should be a part of the show.  I understood why KA would want to move on, but I was very sad to see the character leave.  And now she's just one of those "oh, she missed her flight back..." throwaway mentions once per month, which I can't stand.

I said that a recast will be difficult, but not impossible, so I agree with you that they should at least give it a try. 

But let's not bring back someone who has already been on the show, please??  Because I still think the "new" Rex is Brady every damn time I see him, LOL.  I don't know how people accepted Josh Taylor as Roman... but I can't imagine that was easy either.

Count me in among the people who still see Roman as Chris. Doesn't help that JT's Roman is no longer a cop and working at a restaurant just like Chris did at Shenanigans. 

On 2/16/2022 at 12:51 PM, Irlandesa said:

But the Hortons aren't really central to DOOL any longer.  Eli is likely gone thanks to LA's outside work.  Melissa Reeves is clearly not going to do more than pop in when she feels like it.  I think the only reason we're getting Cady back as Jennifer is because they're killing off another Horton-Abigail. I'd love for her kids to be seen as Hortons but, let's face it, the show is obsessed with the Dimeras and that's who they're affiliated the most with.  Lucas is mostly tied to Sami.

There's no meaningful reason to have a recast Hope on the show. I don't like that the Hortons, other than Julie, are so diminished but that's the state of the show. KA could be worth it because she can create stories.  Any other actress would be a face robbing a name and would definitely change who Hope is.

This is the danger of recasting Hope.  Josh Taylor plays someone who has the name Roman.  He's not written like the actual Roman. He's not acted like the actual Roman. He's fine. I like some of his scenes.  But he's not the guy Northrop played. And yet, he has more cast connections than Hope does at this point.

Amen!

22 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Ciara and Ben look forward to the birth of their first child together when #DAYS returns after the Olympics this Monday on @NBC and streaming exclusively on @PeacockTV for FREE. https://t.co/IUemQxafaU

Is Ciara's pregnancy on speed or do all demon births take less than 9 months? I'm still holding out hope she dies in childbirth. 

5 hours ago, Sidney said:

In the latest SOD article, Sarah is very fragile because of the injection and thinks she's Renee' DuMonde and in love with Tony DiMera.

Hide contents

Well I didn't see that coming!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

I wish I could like your post one million times and then multiply it by one million. I don't know if this is a brilliant shocking twist, or one of the dumbest things I've ever read regarding a soap opera. That would be quite the feat as I've watched more daytime and primetime soaps than I will ever admit unless under oath. Even then, I'm considering perjury.

I honestly have so many things I wanna say, yet I'm also speechless. Ron really may be the soap opera writer of the century. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The Sarah spoiler is FUCKING RIDICULOUS. An insult to the late Philece Sampler and to the audience.

With that said, for anyone not familiar with Renee Dumonde (DiMera), here is a great scene of hers (ironically, Marlena is standing next to Chris Kositcheck - played by Josh Taylor - who is now Roman; Renee even calls them out by name at one point!):

I can root for anybody who tells Julie to shut up.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Count me in among the people who still see Roman as Chris.

When this whole stupid story started, I was working in an office. I had a radio that could play television channels. So, every day at 1:00, my intern and I closed the door and listed to Days. The first day "Roman" was on the show and started speaking, we looked at each other and exclaimed, "Tha'ts not Roman. That's Chris!!!" It was a very confusing time.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RedElf said:

I can root for anybody who tells Julie to shut up.

Well Lee (Renee's mom) and Julie were rivals especially over Doug. Not surprised it would be generational(although Renee was killed before there could be any children out there)

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well Lee (Renee's mom) and Julie were rivals especially over Doug. Not surprised it would be generational(although Renee was killed before there could be any children out there)

I read Renee was killed not long after the clip I posted above by the Salem Stalker. So Stefano left her everything (which she gloated about) only to die herself. Talk about irony.

As I said, this was before I was watching, but I also read that another layer of Julie versus Lee was that young Hope (obviously SORAS'ed later in '83!) preferred Lee for Doug over her own sister, so...

• Love 2
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I read Renee was killed not long after the clip I posted above by the Salem Stalker. So Stefano left her everything (which she gloated about) only to die herself. Talk about irony.

As I said, this was before I was watching, but I also read that another layer of Julie versus Lee was that young Hope (obviously SORAS'ed later in '83!) preferred Lee for Doug over her own sister, so...

Yeah I recall hearing that. Even though its an afterthought now I do wish at times it was revisited that Hope/Julie didn't always have a close relationship. However Renee was the ultimate tragic figure and the superior daughter of Stefano but I'm also glad that she never returned either because she was able to retain her original glory which would've been ruined like the other characters that have returned to Days.

Which makes this revisit via Sarah really cringe.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Renee's death was a shocking death due to her popularity and her death kicked off an engaging mystery "the salem slasher".  Renee was killed by Andre after figuring out that he was not Tony.  She knew Tony so well that Andre could not fool her after having just one conversation with him. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 2/17/2022 at 4:42 PM, Peanut6711 said:

Is Ciara's pregnancy on speed or do all demon births take less than 9 months? I'm still holding out hope she dies in childbirth. 

It's so ridiculous that Ciara is going to give birth soon-ish. That demon was conceived around October, so the earliest it could be born is around June. How the hell are we already getting a promo of Ciara going into labor? And Ciara dying in childbirth would be fine by me. But I'm sure hero Ben will burst in just in the knick of time to whisk her & the demon to the hospital.

• Love 4

I read that Allie, for some reason, will be the one to deliver Ciara's baby. If they are following devil baby movies, they are always born in a very short time, but no one will know that.

I read first that VK was let go and then I read another article that said that she will be leaving to maybe do a movie, but hopes to be back at some point. Probably trying to spin the fact that she was fired. I have no idea what the plan is for this baby, especially if Ciara is gone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I read that Allie, for some reason, will be the one to deliver Ciara's baby. If they are following devil baby movies, they are always born in a very short time, but no one will know that.

I saw that promo. Said to my hubs, "guess who's delivering Ciara."

Mr. Peanuts6711: "Marlena?"

Me: "No, but that would kinda make sense." 

Mr. Peanuts6711: "Johnny as the devil?" 

Me: "No, but that would also make more sense.  You're close though."

Mr. Peanuts6711: "Oh his sister. Well I guess that makes sense since she already had a baby."

Me: "Hon, we've had two babies. That doesn't qualify me to deliver one."

• LOL 11
On 2/17/2022 at 5:59 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I wonder if the person who loaded the scene edited out commercial breaks, because that is one long (good) scene.  That is one thing I noticed about watching older scenes in general, they lasted longer which allowed a bigger dramatic build.

So Stephano had already died as early as 1983?  I did not realize his coming back from the dead started that long ago.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Stefano is like herpes, apparently.

I also didn't know he'd been bouncing back since then. How many deaths has he had?

-When Kristen first came on, she was caring for him and he was presumed dead, so obviously he was killed before then.

-His final death at the hands of Hope was temporary too, since he was seen around Prague afterwards (even factoring out Shane and Steve's ruse).

That's two times I can think of...

• Love 4
On 2/22/2022 at 4:33 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Stefano is like herpes, apparently.

I also didn't know he'd been bouncing back since then. How many deaths has he had?

-When Kristen first came on, she was caring for him and he was presumed dead, so obviously he was killed before then.

-His final death at the hands of Hope was temporary too, since he was seen around Prague afterwards (even factoring out Shane and Steve's ruse).

That's two times I can think of...

Stefano has been rising from the ashes since the 80's

He was presumed dead in 83-84 during the Salem Strangler story and his car plunged into the Salem River

Then in 84/85 he was very much alive and working with his Golden Girl Daughter Megan Hathaway and the Prism Storyline,   Marlena Shoots him and he falls to his death after a struggle while Bo tried to Save Marlena, but he vows The Phoenix will rise again.  

1986 we had the "The Pawn" storyline who Shane and Bo Believed was Stefano Dimera, but it turned out to be (or until new writers reversed it) Roman Brady/John Black 

Then old Stefano rose again in the early 90's and had a stand off with Roman and John and was once again presumed dead after a Pyramid Collapses,

and then he came back in 1993 and never left again...I kind of enjoyed it when his character would come back for a story arc, there would be a supposed good wins over evil, and then he'd resurrect to wreak more havoc again. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mckinnonsgirl said:

1986 we had the "The Pawn" storyline who Shane and Bo Believed was Stefano Dimera, but it turned out to be (or until new writers reversed it) Roman Brady/John Black 

They did not reverse it , the pawn being Stefano was a red herring though.  The pawn was always meant to be Roman.  Sherry Anderson was afraid that a Roman recast would not have been accepted by the public because Wayne Northrup was so beloved in the role so she came up with this amnesiac named John Black who Marlena was drawn to inexplicably.  There is no way that Marlena would have fallen for Stefano not after what he had done to her Roman and the twins.

7 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

They did not reverse it , the pawn being Stefano was a red herring though.  The pawn was always meant to be Roman.  Sherry Anderson was afraid that a Roman recast would not have been accepted by the public because Wayne Northrup was so beloved in the role so she came up with this amnesiac named John Black who Marlena was drawn to inexplicably.  There is no way that Marlena would have fallen for Stefano not after what he had done to her Roman and the twins.

Right, but the whole deal in 1991 with Wayne Northrop's return essentially did reverse things since, all of a sudden, John was not Roman.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Right, but the whole deal in 1991 with Wayne Northrop's return essentially did reverse things since, all of a sudden, John was not Roman.

True that was after the pawn story in the 80's that established Drake's Roman on the show. 

Edited by Pearson80
10 hours ago, Mckinnonsgirl said:

Stefano has been rising from the ashes since the 80's

He was presumed dead in 83-84 during the Salem Strangler story and his car plunged into the Salem River

Then in 84/85 he was very much alive and working with his Golden Girl Daughter Megan Hathaway and the Prism Storyline,   Marlena Shoots him and he falls to his death after a struggle while Bo tried to Save Marlena, but he vows The Phoenix will rise again.  

Then old Stefano rose again in the early 90's and had a stand off with Roman and John and was once again presumed dead after a Pyramid Collapses,

and then he came back in 1993 and never left again...I kind of enjoyed it when his character would come back for a story arc, there would be a supposed good wins over evil, and then he'd resurrect to wreak more havoc again. 

Which of those was the shot to death/falling off a cliff death I saw them flashback to before Joe left the show?

I also somehow forgot that Kristen's mother tried to shoot him/blow him up at the end of Lady In A Cage, and he was "dead" for months after so there's another one.

So...how many deaths is that?

1 - car in the river

2 - shot by Marlena (on a catwalk, right?)

3 - pyramid collapse 

4 - blown up by Rachel Blake

5 - shot by Hope

...that can't be all of them. Seems like too few.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Good News: Leo is back long term
Bad News: Hes Craigs boyfriend.  #Days https://t.co/roVMu31qU4

Dammit.  now I'm going to be ff'ding even more than I do already.

It takes characters like Leo and Nancy to make Ava seem not so bad to me.

But even Leo doesn't lessen the awfulness that is Gwen.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

Some of Missy's superfans on twitter went to an event this past weekend. Missy confirmed Abby's murder and that Cady will be playing Jen for that. Said she likes 'switching off' with Cady.  Kassie Depaiva was also there and said she wants to return. I want Charlotte Ross but I'm old school lol

59 minutes ago, boes said:

Dammit.  now I'm going to be ff'ding even more than I do already.

It takes characters like Leo and Nancy to make Ava seem not so bad to me.

But even Leo doesn't lessen the awfulness that is Gwen.

image.png.6320359d7b2b0925a51e397d21ef0356.png

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Some of Missy's superfans on twitter went to an event this past weekend. Missy confirmed Abby's murder and that Cady will be playing Jen for that. Said she likes 'switching off' with Cady.  Kassie Depaiva was also there and said she wants to return. I want Charlotte Ross but I'm old school lol

image.png.6320359d7b2b0925a51e397d21ef0356.png

I'm 100% w/ya on Charlotte Ross if Eve is going to come back. She's the only Eve in my book. When Kassie is in the role, she's not Eve to me. Might as well be another character. 

• Love 5