Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Sami, Lucas and EJ promise plenty of romance and drama when #DAYS returns after the Olympics on Monday, February 21 on @NBC and streaming exclusively on @PeacockTV for FREE. https://t.co/pKOQ9AKE9g

What that old saying? Promises are made to be broken?  

Because if Show is promising heat between Nu EJ and Sami, then they better be prepared to light one or both of them on fire because it's just.not.there.

Sami and Lucas on the other hand.......

giphy.gif

Okay, maybe not exactly that, but at least the temperature goes up a few degrees when it's those two....... 

• Love 10

It's so weird that Sami and EJ don't have romantic chemistry given that they're both gorgeous people.

Why isn't there a spoiler that Nicole's kicking boring old Rafe to the curb to hook back up with EJ?  Those two are smokin' together.  That's been one of the major problems with soaps over the last decade, besides the shitty writing of course, is that the writers ignore what's right in front of them.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

It's so weird that Sami and EJ don't have romantic chemistry given that they're both gorgeous people.

Why isn't there a spoiler that Nicole's kicking boring old Rafe to the curb to hook back up with EJ?  Those two are smokin' together.  That's been one of the major problems with soaps over the last decade, besides the shitty writing of course, is that the writers ignore what's right in front of them.

Agreed!  Nu EJ didn't really come alive as a character to me until he was matched up with Nicole.  As did Nicole with him.

Show already has a big FAIL with the attempted Nicole/Eric relationship, and even Nicole can't light a fire under Rafe's dead butt.  She and EJ sparked each other.  She and Rafe are like two wet blankets.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

You know what I'd like to see? What if Sami just shrugs off Lucas being her kidnapper with a "EJ raped me and I happily married him so I'll cut Lucas some slack."I'd love watching EJ's head explode at hearing such a statement.

Now I really want this to happen 😂

Sami has been forgiven a lot of things so it’s her turn to forgive.  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

You know what I'd like to see? What if Sami just shrugs off Lucas being her kidnapper with a "EJ raped me and I happily married him so I'll cut Lucas some slack."I'd love watching EJ's head explode at hearing such a statement.

I want this so badly.

• Love 8

EJ and Nicole to me are 🤮 🤮 🤮.   I'll take just about anyone together other than them. Like for instance EJ and Clyde are supposed to lock eyes across a dingy jail cell soon. "Of all the prisons in the world and you have to walk into mine," Clyde should say with a twinkle in his eye as he welcomes EJ to the Stateville population.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, boes said:

Agreed!  Nu EJ didn't really come alive as a character to me until he was matched up with Nicole.  As did Nicole with him.

Show already has a big FAIL with the attempted Nicole/Eric relationship, and even Nicole can't light a fire under Rafe's dead butt.  She and EJ sparked each other.  She and Rafe are like two wet blankets.

Nah AZ could never be a wet blanket, GG on the other hand ... Lol

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Um...he tried to kill him.

I know, which is what will make it so much fun. At some point EJ will have to utter out a ridiculous line to recap their history and enlighten new viewers, "Guard, I need a new cellmate. This man killed me. I was dead for a few years thanks to him." 😆

• LOL 5

Jan had better not be having Shawn's spawn. Sorry, but between the serial killer and psycho lady, it would be HORRIBLE if 2 out of 3 of Bo and Hope's grandchildren were spawned from dirt like Ben and Jan. Jan could have raided a sperm bank to trick Shawn - or is stealing from Maxie (ironically, former Belle!) on GH and is carrying a pillow.

I accept nothing else.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Jan had better not be having Shawn's spawn. Sorry, but between the serial killer and psycho lady, it would be HORRIBLE if 2 out of 3 of Bo and Hope's grandchildren were spawned from dirt like Ben and Jan. Jan could have raided a sperm bank to trick Shawn - or is stealing from Maxie (ironically, former Belle!) on GH and is carrying a pillow.

I accept nothing else.

Didn't Brook Lynn have the pillow?(I don't recall when Maxie faked a pregnancy) I rather have Jan fake her pregnancy tbh and given how Ron is ripping off JER that's probably what it will actually be.

However I could see them not finding out till much later by then Belle will have probably cheated on Shawn yet again.

I see why KA bailed this is not the Days she was on.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Didn't Brook Lynn have the pillow?(I don't recall when Maxie faked a pregnancy) I rather have Jan fake her pregnancy tbh and given how Ron is ripping off JER that's probably what it will actually be.

However I could see them not finding out till much later by then Belle will have probably cheated on Shawn yet again.

I see why KA bailed this is not the Days she was on.

Don't know about Brook Lynn as I no longer watch GH, but Maxie did carry a pillow baby at some point. I remember the GH forum making fun of the OB that could not tell the difference between a pillow and a baby.

I think it was around the time Maxie was briefly involved with Lucky, 2006-ish.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I accept nothing else.

I am right there with you and I am so happy that Bo is dead and Hope is out of town. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yea, I think they'll go this way. Everyone will believe it so Belle will fuck EJ and then they'll find out Jan was faking. I'm not against it lol.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Belle with EJ stinks. EJ ain't worth it. Besides, Belle already knows Shawn was duped/raped, right?

Your earlier assertion that EJ/Dan F. looks like he could be Alison Sweeney's brother has stuck with me and I can't unsee that. Losing weight and adding a beard doesn't change that. He should have been an Eric recast.lol

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Exactly. 

Male rape on this show is handled terribly. See Shawn D, Eric, Steve...

The one time they almost took it seriously and explored it was with Nick, but then they bailed...

I would add Brady as well; even though he is a moron and should have been able to tell, he was having sex with Kristen but thinking it was Nicole

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Exactly. 

The one time they almost took it seriously and explored it was with Nick, but then they bailed...

I don't think the writers want us to see male rape by women as a big deal on the show. I think the fact that men are physically stronger than women is why they don't take it seriously and the writers play on that for a laugh.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

At least the writer of this remembered that Rolf is around and up to no good.  I'd like to see that path, instead of it being Shawn's kid.  

IMO, the writers need to develop a story that puts Shawn and Belle back in the spotlight as the children of Supercouples and basically a Supercouple themselves.  The actors can handle it, but I guess they'd have to want to do it.  The show needs less of these new characters that no one cares about (Gwen, Xander, Gabi, Ava) and more of a focus on the legacy characters.  JMO, of course.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Exactly. 

Nick was raped by a man. I think that's the only reason it was somewhat explored.

Male rape by women isn't taken seriously in Soaps based on what I've seen in general. On General Hospital Carly and Jason laughed at Jax for being raped by a woman. Those two were the moral compass of the show at the time.

However, when Michael on General Hospital was raped by a man in prison, they did take it more seriously.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

IMO, the writers need to develop a story that puts Shawn and Belle back in the spotlight as the children of Supercouples and basically a Supercouple themselves.  The actors can handle it, but I guess they'd have to want to do it.  The show needs less of these new characters that no one cares about (Gwen, Xander, Gabi, Ava) and more of a focus on the legacy characters.  JMO, of course.

I agree with you, but I don't think one has much to do with the other. The show stopped caring about Shawn and Belle as individual characters and as a couple in the mid 2000s. Long before Gwen and Xander became characters.

I also disagree with calling Gabi a "new" character. She's been on the show for more than a decade at this point. She's had several popular pairings. Was a part of a somewhat successful teen scene - Will/Gabi/Chad/Mia. At this point, she's better connected to the current canvas than Shawn is. I think Belle is debatable, but to be debatable is a point in Gabi's favor, imo.

Personally, I think writing characters based on the supercouple parents harms them more than helps them. Sami was written as an individual, hence why she's so popular. Brady is in no way written as John's son but as an individual. Abby, under KM, was written as an individual. Allie is written as an individual and not as Sami's daughter.

I honestly never would have written Shawn as a police officer. That seems like a "Let him follow in Bope footsteps" decisions as opposed to the snotty and somewhat elitist Shawn D from Jason Cook's characterization who wanted to be a lawyer. At this point, I don't think there's any hope for Shawn D as an individual character regardless of who's on canvas. The character has been lost for a decade.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I agree with you, but I don't think one has much to do with the other. The show stopped caring about Shawn and Belle as individual characters and as a couple in the mid 2000s. Long before Gwen and Xander became characters.

I also disagree with calling Gabi a "new" character. She's been on the show for more than a decade at this point. She's had several popular pairings. Was a part of a somewhat successful teen scene - Will/Gabi/Chad/Mia. At this point, she's better connected to the current canvas than Shawn is. I think Belle is debatable, but to be debatable is a point in Gabi's favor, imo.

Personally, I think writing characters based on the supercouple parents harms them more than helps them. Sami was written as an individual, hence why she's so popular. Brady is in no way written as John's son but as an individual. Abby, under KM, was written as an individual. Allie is written as an individual and not as Sami's daughter.

I honestly never would have written Shawn as a police officer. That seems like a "Let him follow in Bope footsteps" decisions as opposed to the snotty and somewhat elitist Shawn D from Jason Cook's characterization who wanted to be a lawyer. At this point, I don't think there's any hope for Shawn D as an individual character regardless of who's on canvas. The character has been lost for a decade.

They have to be sort of related, because if they want to bring characters back and give them bigger roles with more screen time, then it's going to be less screen time for other characters.  I agree that the characters need to be written as individuals with their own stories and not just rely on their supercouple parentage - that's what I meant but may have phrased it poorly.

I understand that Gabi has been there awhile, but that doesn't mean I have to like her. 😉I've never been able to stand her, sorry.  That's just my opinion, of course, we can agree to disagree.

As for Shawn being a detective, I think it works fine.  Salem is supposedly a "small town," where I think it's more common for families to follow in each other's footsteps and have the family profession.  We had Roman, then Bo, then Hope... now the Salem PD is stuck with Rafe and Eli.  The Salem PD needs all the help they can get, and if Shawn can be a detective there with good individual stories of his own, then why not?  Belle makes more sense as the lawyer, of those two.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

So if a woman was raped and there was a baby as a result would it be played for laughs in a promo and also be a good reason for her husband to stray? Just asking...

Perhaps not, but it would be seen as a reason that she had to stay with the rapist-father and learn to love him, and the fact that the child was conceived in rape would be forever ignored. (See: Johnny DiMera, who spent half his childhood tossing his curls and begging mommy to kiss or dance with her rapist.) 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Don't know about Brook Lynn as I no longer watch GH, but Maxie did carry a pillow baby at some point. I remember the GH forum making fun of the OB that could not tell the difference between a pillow and a baby.

I think it was around the time Maxie was briefly involved with Lucky, 2006-ish.

Ok gotcha BL did the same thing recently but it was to facilitate the current storyline going on at GH involving Maxie(who was pregnant for real). I have to say I'm enjoying GH way more than Days right now they have vets the audience is familiar with along with the legacy kids and things are actually happening. They are probably the only soap that knows its Feb Sweeps.

Days could've capitalized on the two week break themselves with good stories and cliffhangers but instead they make me glad the show is off for two weeks.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

At least the writer of this remembered that Rolf is around and up to no good.  I'd like to see that path, instead of it being Shawn's kid.  

I think the show lost interest in Shelle after Jason/Kirsten both left yet they already had them predestined as the Supercouple despite the fact the show seems to have no real interest in making them a focal point. I also don't think that Brandon/Martha have the same chemistry/charm required for the pairing to pull it off. I think MM's Belle has chemistry with everyone but BB's Shawn. Belle could've been Marlena and Sami where she had a variety of pairings to her name: Phillip, Chad(possibly) etc. They are however too gutless to end them permanently.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

While Dr. Rolf's appearances are always fun, I'm struggling with the ridiculousness of Statesville providing Rolf with his own mad scientist lab and fertility clinic.  What is he now running the Statesville well-woman appointments?  I guess Clyde runs the mammograms?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

All rape on this show (and most shows) is handled badly. I really don’t think they handle male rape stories any more horribly than how they handle female rape stories. 

I only think its worse because I've seen them handle female rape stories better(Lawrence/Jennifer and Jack/Kayla). Male rape is treated as an afterthought or a joke.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

All rape on this show (and most shows) is handled badly. I really don’t think they handle male rape stories any more horribly than how they handle female rape stories. 

It's handled horribly in different ways.  But at least it's usually acknowledged with women. 

Although with this mask thing, maybe they wouldn't. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I only think its worse because I've seen them handle female rape stories better(Lawrence/Jennifer and Jack/Kayla). Male rape is treated as an afterthought or a joke.

I think it’s telling that you reached back not just several years but several decades to find an example of a well-handled female rape story. If the show hasn’t done a non-offensive rape story in thirty years (or even ten), I’m comfortable saying that it handles all rape equally poorly. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It's handled horribly in different ways.  But at least it's usually acknowledged with women. 

With Ron, it's usually not actually acknowledged lol. Or it is but you know Ron doesn't think it's rape and thinks you're wrong if you think it is.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I think it’s telling that you reached back not just several years but several decades to find an example of a well-handled female rape story. If the show hasn’t done a non-offensive rape story in thirty years (or even ten), I’m comfortable saying that it handles all rape equally poorly. 

Valid point but like I said  there was an example of a female rape handled better on this show. A male rape *crickets*

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6