Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

On 2/24/2022 at 7:09 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Right, but the whole deal in 1991 with Wayne Northrop's return essentially did reverse things since, all of a sudden, John was not Roman.

Yes, this is what I meant, when Wayne came back they essentially reversed an essentially great storyline and recast.   

I loved Wayne as Roman in his original run and if he'd returned as the "Pawn" in 1986 I think viewers would've been over the moon and fully welcomed him back into the fold.. but by the time the "writers"  or TPTB decided to revise history and bring Wayne back, many of the viewers had moved on and had fully embraced Drake as Roman Brady.    

• Useful 3
6 hours ago, Mckinnonsgirl said:

Yes, this is what I meant, when Wayne came back they essentially reversed an essentially great storyline and recast.   

I loved Wayne as Roman in his original run and if he'd returned as the "Pawn" in 1986 I think viewers would've been over the moon and fully welcomed him back into the fold.. but by the time the "writers"  or TPTB decided to revise history and bring Wayne back, many of the viewers had moved on and had fully embraced Drake as Roman Brady.    

Which is why Deidre Hall wanting Wayne Northrop back as a condition for her own return, while nice for Northrop, didn't seem fair at all to Drake Hogestyn after the work he put in to make Roman his own and be fully embraced in the role.

But too much has happened to make John Roman now, what with Belle/Shawn and Brady/Jeannie (her name is Jeannie, damn it! Not Theresa. Middle name, my foot.). And I don't think either of these pairings had/have enough chemistry to warrant keeping John Black versus Roman, but here we are. (I know, I disregarded Josh Taylor. But even now playing Roman the longest, he is not Roman to me, but Chris Kositchek. Had Drake been able to revert to Roman, one could just say Chris was brainwashed, etc. )

On this show, it's not too absurd!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

So they are willing to let the mad doctor inject Sarah with something else???

If Saranee is annoying to them as much as she's annoying the hell out of us, I guess they'll even resort to Rolf's help. 😁 

6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

FB_IMG_1647604349707.jpg

I kinda wanna see Belle and Abs share some major lip locking. Can we get a scene where Chad re-envisions walking in on that? I'm curious if his reaction changes. After all, Belle is already tied to a bed in his house. Super convenient for Chabby. And Belle hasn't yet cheated on Shawn with another couple.  lol

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Clyde is up for parole, so he intimidates EJ into keeping quiet. Why this man, who has escaped numerous times, is getting paroled, beats me. So, Roman is going to second-chance him and hire him at the pub. Kate will enjoy that.

ETA - I think Maggie is insisting that Sarah move home with her after they let her out of the looney bin. So, she will insist that Tony come, too. I read that the reason they let Sarenee out is because there is nothing they can do to help her since the drug seems to be permanent.  I still don't buy Tony going along with the nonsense, but I guess it is to provide some Anna/Tony drama.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Clyde is up for parole, so he intimidates EJ into keeping quiet. Why this man, who has escaped numerous times, is getting paroled, beats me. So, Roman is going to second-chance him and hire him at the pub. Kate will enjoy that.

ETA - I think Maggie is insisting that Sarah move home with her after they let her out of the looney bin. So, she will insist that Tony come, too. I read that the reason they let Sarenee out is because there is nothing they can do to help her since the drug seems to be permanent.  I still don't buy Tony going along with the nonsense, but I guess it is to provide some Anna/Tony drama.

Please, I’m hoping Sarah just leaves Salem forever and ever and ever. I can’t stand flakey Sarah or (trying to be not be flakey)Sarenee. It’s annoying the fuck out of me. My hair is falling out!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

I'm sorry...I've missed a bunch of episodes...

......is....is this really happening on the show?

giphy.gif

Da fuq!!??

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm sorry...I've missed a bunch of episodes...

......is....is this really happening on the show?

giphy.gif

Da fuq!!??

Ha! The Sarah/Sarenee, yea! All the the Clyde stuff, don’t know. but days being days , sure is possible. I was just ranting on about Sarah. Lol.

I’ve missed a lot of episodes because I get so irritated.

I was so looking forward to Days return after the Olympics, and it just made me rather watch the Olympics more than Days

. So very depressing

i really need some Day(s) in my own life!

• Love 4

It's stupid enough for Clyde the murdering drug dealer escapee to get paroled...but Roman hiring him? That had better not be the case. So many reasons that's wrong. If he is out and free, I'd expect him to be back in Ben's orbit.

The Sarenee stuff I can't even pretend to care about.

I'd like to watch again and catch up but there's so little I care to see, I'd probably be FFing 50% of every episode.

Has Eric already returned? Has Victor been seen?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

LOL - no Eric. The not-current-Father-John will perform the unnecessary exorcism on Belle. Since LOVE saved Marlena, he figures that LOVE will save Belle and she will believe all the crap that Shawn is going to tell her because JoDevil will make him do it. She is going to think that she was possessed and threw EJ's whole case. I would like to see the paperwork for getting him a new trial because his lawyer was possessed! 

This has been the worst story ever, in my opinion, with no end in sight.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

LOL - no Eric. The not-current-Father-John will perform the unnecessary exorcism on Belle. Since LOVE saved Marlena, he figures that LOVE will save Belle and she will believe all the crap that Shawn is going to tell her because JoDevil will make him do it. She is going to think that she was possessed and threw EJ's whole case. I would like to see the paperwork for getting him a new trial because his lawyer was possessed! 

This has been the worst story ever, in my opinion, with no end in sight.

This is why I think the show shouldn't have been renewed tbh I don't think they really had long term plans for the next two years on how the show was going to go...

I was perfectly fine with Clyde staying a villain because he's the best villain the show had in a long time. A large part is because of how realistic he was we all met someone like him at some point in our lives. Which makes him all the more scary.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This is why I think the show shouldn't have been renewed tbh I don't think they really had long term plans for the next two years on how the show was going to go...

I was perfectly fine with Clyde staying a villain because he's the best villain the show had in a long time. A large part is because of how realistic he was we all met someone like him at some point in our lives. Which makes him all the more scary.

I totally agree that they really had no plans for another 2 years, so they are giving stupid Ron carte blanche to do anything he wants, even if it is horrible and he is mostly amusing himself.

I don't think there are any plans to make Clyde less evil. He threatens EJ to keep him quiet so he can get parole (although, again, EJ is in prison, albeit for a crime didn't commit), but nothing EJ would have said would be believed and he isn't in jail for "murdering" EJ, so it wouldn't make any difference. 

I just love how Kate and Roman are supposed to be a loving couple now, but she has schemed and lied and hasn't told the truth about Lucas kidnapping Sami and about Phillip being alive, and now Roman/Chris is hiring a former lover of hers to work in the pub, without discussing it with her. What kind of a relationship are they supposed to have?

• Love 5

Clyde also pointed a gun at her at the Martin House during the Seige. So he's not just some random Ex. He's her attempted murderer...

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

they are giving stupid Ron carte blanche to do anything he wants, even if it is horrible and he is mostly amusing himself.

EXACTLY RIGHT.

Perfectly said. Sad though.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

If they were going to Benify anyone it should have been Evan. He's hot and bisexual. The possibilities, people.

He would've been preferable plus he has the Marlena connection going for him too. However in retrospect I might've ended up regretting wanting this.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2022 at 5:00 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Is it April Fool's already? These spoilers can't be legit, right?! RIGHT?!

This show is getting worst and worst. Ken Corday must be too busy at the golf course to realize that Ron is shitting on his parents legacy. I am just flabbergasted by the spoilers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

If Clyde can get out of jail, Orpheus better be close behind. He at least has shady ISA connections that it would be more believable that they helped pull strings to get him out. But mostly, I want to see Roman hire Orpheus at the pub.  It's about time that Days addressed the fact that Chris-Roman is his wife's killer, not John, and thus Orpheus's Salem plans should involve him.  The Orpheus of the '80s would not be content for Roman to live an easy life pouring beer at his family pub while his wife rots in her grave. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Is Clyde going to deliver calm chowder or drugs out of brady pub? 

Maybe both?  Then it truly would be the best chowder ever!

Yum.

• LOL 12
On 3/16/2022 at 4:26 PM, tribeca said:
On 3/16/2022 at 6:39 AM, peachmangosteen said:

INTO IT!

I was just wondering the other day if any soap ever did a time travel storyline.

Guiding light with Josh and reva and a painting.  I don’t know much about it but  I believe both actors hated that storyline. 

Expand  

Other than Dark Shadows?

I find it hard to believe that Victor would allow Tony to move in to his house.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Other than Dark Shadows?

I find it hard to believe that Victor would allow Tony to move in to his house.

Worth mentioning:   in 86/87 DOOL had Eugene Bradford invent a time machine, and supposedly he went off to another dimension and left his wife Calliope in Salem solo, until she left the show. 

Sorry I talk about the history of DOOL, I can't help myself, it was my favorite time on the show . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/20/2022 at 12:16 PM, Retired at last said:

I just love how Kate and Roman are supposed to be a loving couple now, but she has schemed and lied and hasn't told the truth about Lucas kidnapping Sami and about Phillip being alive, and now Roman/Chris is hiring a former lover of hers to work in the pub, without discussing it with her. What kind of a relationship are they supposed to have?

It's a chowder-based relationship.  

All about the chowder.

• LOL 9
38 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I can't picture them even eating the soup, nevermind the mental image of Kate's chowder all over Roman's chin.

See? See the mental images youve summoned up? Words have consequences man!

Perhaps Roman needs to update the menu?

After all, if the Pub is now serving Tiramisu to Leo, why not

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
20 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Baby Weston makes it’s appearance soon. Maybe. April fool’s joke?

Soapdirt article.

https://soapdirt.com/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-ciara-ben-weston-baby-plans-go-off-the-rails/

"Twitter teasers show the birth of the baby nears. It appears Ciara Brady is held captive in the cabin on Days of our Lives The only other person around is her cousin Allie Horton. Does Johnny kidnap Ciara and his sister?"

I'm still holding out hope that it's a possessed Allie who delivers the baby and then passes the devil onto their demon spawn. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

And what would the baby then do? Shit himself more demonically?

For me, the worst thing this kid can do is be worshipped by the whole freaking town, which will happen with or without the devil's involvement.

This is a lose/lose situation. Unless it strangles Mommy, Daddy and Allie with its umbilical cord. That would be a WIN.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

And what would the baby then do? Shit himself more demonically?

I'm up for watching those two morons take care of a demonic baby if I have to watch them at all. No more all day sex romps. Just constant torture from something smaller than a breadbox but smarter than their IQs combines.  Come on, tell my you wouldn't enjoy Ciara getting explosive baby poo all over her boob popping dresses and hair? Or that moment when she looks beyond Ben and says, "Oh my God, Ben, Bo. Jr. is playing with your neckties."

chucky GIF

• LOL 8
6 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Per Twitter this is the first time Brady has had sex in nearly two years(which I guess is rather surprising given his history).

After taking a several years break from this show, I came back in March of 2020, which would make just 2 years and I'm sure I've seen Brady in bed with Kristin in that time. Specifically, she was on the run but snuck back into town and into his Salem Inn room, maybe around the time John was in the hospital.  

• Love 3

I knew as soon as they started planning Craig would be delayed and force Chad to go farther in his fake seduction of Leo.  

13 hours ago, brisbydog said:

image.png.1ad892d8594902fb76408020b1dcd904.png

As soon as they started planning, I knew Craig would be delayed and Chad would have to go further in his fake Leo seduction.  

• Love 2
On 3/22/2022 at 2:03 PM, Peanut6711 said:

"Twitter teasers show the birth of the baby nears. It appears Ciara Brady is held captive in the cabin on Days of our Lives The only other person around is her cousin Allie Horton. Does Johnny kidnap Ciara and his sister?"

I'm still holding out hope that it's a possessed Allie who delivers the baby and then passes the devil onto their demon spawn. 

Ahh ! I LOVED last years April fools! Hope this is another good one. Wow this year went by fast!

• Love 2