Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I find it hilarious that Allie of all people is embroiled in this. She's about as sexual as a teddy bear.

If they'd cast someone with NuChanel's spark, maybe I could understand Tripp falling for her and Chanel wanting her too. Instead, I just look at Chanel like "girl, you can do soooo much better, you know that right?"

Allie and Abigial (and NuClaire) are all painfully white bread children of the corn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really don't need an illness story.

Can't he just play ukelele and pass on between scenes? Or go on a cruise?

For them to write him off without Hope is wrong as hell.

I agree.  IMO that's just cruel to both him and Susan.  As much as I may not like the character she plays I respect her and Bill's relationship.  Either let him go out on a high note or just let him fade into the background.

• Love 15

If Bill Hayes cannot continue, just let Doug be off screen. I realize he is a long-running character, but I do not want Doug dying if Bill is not. ESPECIALLY if Ron Carlivati is the one writing it. Just no.

Have him off visiting Hope, wherever she is! Maybe Julie has to stay in Salem for...reasons. Or let Julie go with him.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

If Bill Hayes cannot continue, just let Doug be off screen. I realize he is a long-running character, but I do not want Doug dying if Bill is not. ESPECIALLY if Ron Carlivati is the one writing it. Just no.

Have him off visiting Hope, wherever she is! Maybe Julie has to stay in Salem for...reasons. Or let Julie go with him.

Doug was also wonderfully complex back in the day when we had real writers who loved to give characters journeys as they become better human beings.. I even appreciated Victor's growth when Isabella died and his tentative friendship with John who he loathed when he was Roman.. Sherry was just so damn awesome in her characterizations..

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Doug was also wonderfully complex back in the day when we had real writers who loved to give characters journeys as they become better human beings.. I even appreciated Victor's growth when Isabella died and his tentative friendship with John who he loathed when he was Roman.. Sherry was just so damn awesome in her characterizations..

Wait why did Victor hate Roman? I guess it was because of Caroline otherwise I can't think of why. 

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I agree just have him off screen or have him Zoom in once in a while like Sami has. I agree he should visit Hope, Claire and JJ in South Africa. That place has most of the characters I like anyways. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Wait why did Victor hate Roman? I guess it was because of Caroline otherwise I can't think of why. 

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't want to go too off-topic but when John came on the show as the pawn, it was heavily implied that Victor knew that John was  really an amnesiac Roman and he was playing psychological games with him.. John and Marlena had to go on the run because of him. I don't want the mods or posters on here to get mad so I will refrain from diving in too deep into that story... John and Victor had bad history independent of Kim..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3

Well, of course they dump Jack again. Guess Missy Reeves isn't coming back after all? I haven't been watching, just keeping up with you fine folks, but I'll still feel a loss. Probably Patch too. Argh. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lastwaltz said:

Well, of course they dump Jack again. Guess Missy Reeves isn't coming back after all? I haven't been watching, just keeping up with you fine folks, but I'll still feel a loss. Probably Patch too. Argh. 

From what I just read Matt is around until the end of the year then will be gone, so basically Missy's Christmas ornament hanging will probably coincide with them being written off together. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Count MA/Jack as another victim of the pointless and degenerate Gwen.  She has been nothing but an anchor around the neck of the character from the moment she was revealed as Jack’s “daughter” who has done nothing but lie to his face daily since January.   NOTHING  good has come from tying that character to Jack.  Nothing.  ALL he’s done is nonsensically prop Gwen at the total expense and ruin of the Jack character  

Yet she will remain.  No break or step back from a character everyone KNOWS is a total dud and failure. Spread all over as if she's the popular, successful character w/ 30 years of history. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

From what I just read Matt is around until the end of the year then will be gone, so basically Missy's Christmas ornament hanging will probably coincide with them being written off together. 

5 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Well..... just as long as we never lose Ben/Ollie, right?  And you never know when previously unknown children of long dead Stefano might show up!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47o2r5qpd3giube86a3m

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, boes said:

Well..... just as long as we never lose Ben/Ollie, right?  And you never know when previously unknown children of long dead Stefano might show up!

It is only a matter of time before Ben is revealed to be one of Stefano's kids after all. HIS FAVOURITE ONE 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Matt A dropped to recurring

He's gonna be on even less than he is now? FFS, I think he's made 2 appearances in the month of August. Poor MA, this shows has been treating him like shit for over 20 years. As a Jack & Steve fan this sucks major balls. Sigh.

• Love 7

Fuck this show. Matt Ashford continues to be treated like shit but a SERIAL KILLER is the romantic lead? (And, yeah, I know Jack was a rapist. But - unlike now - his character had to actually fight for his redemption!)

And fuck Gwen for ruining Jack. Ron and his pets suck.

• Love 13

I could see Matt/Missy being recurring and tbh it makes a lot of sense because they are barely featured as is. JJ is out of town and I hear Marci Miller doesn't want to return full time since she's a mom now and lives in Colorado(so Abby will probably be written out). 

I mean it sucks for Matt as the show has no interest in him beyond Jennifer and doesn't know what to do with him. I do hope Abby is written off the show because she needs a long break.. Plus the show has no interest in writing for this family so why bother keeping characters you have no interest in.  If they stick around Ron will make it worse than he already has(he finds a way).  So I think its for the best given the current circumstances.

I really hope Bonnie is really Adrienne or Adrienne just comes back so then she and Justin can leave the show together.  I'm ok with them being written off  considering..

I don't think this bodes well for Steve/Kayla though as Steve will have no siblings left. Then again I guess as long as Tripp is around they have something going for them?

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Count MA/Jack as another victim of the pointless and degenerate Gwen.  She has been nothing but an anchor around the neck of the character from the moment she was revealed as Jack’s “daughter” who has done nothing but lie to his face daily since January.   NOTHING  good has come from tying that character to Jack.  Nothing.  ALL he’s done is nonsensically prop Gwen at the total expense and ruin of the Jack character  

Yet she will remain.  No break or step back from a character everyone KNOWS is a total dud and failure. Spread all over as if she's the popular, successful character w/ 30 years of history. 

*Checking to see if I wrote this...and am sad that I didn't!*

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't give a shit about Jack so I don't really care. He has nothing to do anyway lol.

Exactly! And I really don’t t mind Gwen..it’s not her fault Jack is being portrayed as an ignorant ass. Actually he should feel a bit guilty..even though he had no idea he had another kid. But that’s on him for being a cheating douchebag . And let’s face it, Angel Abigail is no saint compared to Gwen. If we’re going to use the excise that Abby is mentally ill for her crimes & misdemeanors, then we can also use the same defense for Gwen..they are related, after all. It’s genetics! 🙄😉

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3

Gwen's not mentally ill, she doesn't have a disorder. She sanely drugged her to the point of brain damage and tried to do it over and over again. All because Abby was raised by Jack and she thought Jack abandoned her. Her character made Jack and Chad chumps. 

Jack going can take Gwen with him. She's not a Horton or legacy character. Both should go. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I could see Matt/Missy being recurring and tbh it makes a lot of sense because they are barely featured as is. JJ is out of town and I hear Marci Miller doesn't want to return full time since she's a mom now and lives in Colorado(so Abby will probably be written out). 

I mean it sucks for Matt as the show has no interest in him beyond Jennifer and doesn't know what to do with him. I do hope Abby is written off the show because she needs a long break.. Plus the show has no interest in writing for this family so why bother keeping characters you have no interest in.  If they stick around Ron will make it worse than he already has(he finds a way).  So I think its for the best given the current circumstances.

I really hope Bonnie is really Adrienne or Adrienne just comes back so then she and Justin can leave the show together.  I'm ok with them being written off  considering..

I don't think this bodes well for Steve/Kayla though as Steve will have no siblings left. Then again I guess as long as Tripp is around they have something going for them?

We Jack fans are destined to be screwed over and over and over. I don't even know why I bother watching the show.  Since the 90's we have been down this road, why do they hate Jack and Matthew so much. I think that I might be done with this show once and for all.  As consumers, we have so much content we can watch now. It can be a tad overwhelming at times but I am thankful nonetheless..

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Its a tossup as to who the show dislikes more Bryan Datillo or Matthew Ashford..

Exactly!  It just boggles my mind because both actors are popular with the fans.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Exactly! And I really don’t t mind Gwen..it’s not her fault Jack is being portrayed as an ignorant ass.

It kind of is.  Everything Jack has been written to do in regards to Gwen was in service of keeping her afloat once they decided to make her the poisoner of Abby. 

But that’s on him for being a cheating douchebag .

Gwen was the product of a fling, not an affair.

4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

We Jack fans are destined to be screwed over and over and over.

Yep.  Unless Sherri Anderson is around, writers refuse to understand what makes him tick.  But it's literally a problem with so much of how this show operates.  They can't let anyone be smart because then they wouldn't know how to tell their stories which rely on stupidity. 

4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I think that I might be done with this show once and for all. 

I haven't watched in over a week.  I'm curious about Johnny and Chanel but they're probably not the plan so why bother?

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Irlandesa said:
23 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

It kind of is.  Everything Jack has been written to do in regards to Gwen was in service of keeping her afloat once they decided to make her the poisoner of Abby. 

What I meant to say., is it is not the characters fault, but the writing ! That’s not her fault.

my stance is that if Abigail is mentally ill, giving all the shit she has pulled, then it’s not far fetched that given all Gwen has gone through..I can see her pulling all the crap she’s done. It sounds like a living hell, so I can see her perspective.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I'm reading Doug's going to have a major story line involving mental decline.  I guess it's Show's way of getting rid of him.  I wonder if Susan will leave, too.

Sad, but I’d rather it be this way than for him simply to disappear. Bill is not well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chellfairy said:

What I meant to say., is it is not the characters fault, but the writing ! That’s not her fault.

my stance is that if Abigail is mentally ill, giving all the shit she has pulled, then it’s not far fetched that given all Gwen has gone through..I can see her pulling all the crap she’s done. It sounds like a living hell, so I can see her perspective.

It is the character's fault in a way. Yeah, Jack is an idiot because the writers are forcing him to be willfully blind, but the character of Gwen is the one leading him around by the nose. She's the one making him an idiot by knowingly pulling the wool over his eyes. And it's also her fault for this because she laid the guilt on so thick when her lies and despicable behavior were revealed (and, no, I don't agree with your earlier assessment that Jack should have felt guilty. He had a one-night stand with a woman and she didn't tell him about the baby. That's not his fault) and made Jack feel like he had to take her side because of her poor, horrible childhood.

Abigail has been diagnosed with a mental illness. Not everyone who has a bad childhood or has bad stuff happens to them has a mental illness. Gwen has her issues because of her childhood, but she's perfectly sane. And, for me, I don't care what she went through there is no excuse for drugging a woman and scrambling her brain because she grew up with your father (which isn't entirely true) and Gwen didn't - which was not in Abigail's control.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It is the character's fault in a way. Yeah, Jack is an idiot because the writers are forcing him to be willfully blind, but the character of Gwen is the one leading him around by the nose. She's the one making him an idiot by knowingly pulling the wool over his eyes. And it's also her fault for this because she laid the guilt on so thick when her lies and despicable behavior were revealed (and, no, I don't agree with your earlier assessment that Jack should have felt guilty. He had a one-night stand with a woman and she didn't tell him about the baby. That's not his fault) and made Jack feel like he had to take her side because of her poor, horrible childhood.

Abigail has been diagnosed with a mental illness. Not everyone who has a bad childhood or has bad stuff happens to them has a mental illness. Gwen has her issues because of her childhood, but she's perfectly sane. And, for me, I don't care what she went through there is no excuse for drugging a woman and scrambling her brain because she grew up with your father (which isn't entirely true) and Gwen didn't - which was not in Abigail's control.

Ok.

I am defending Gwen a little only because of the way she had to grow up. No.. it’s not Jacks fault he didn’t know he had a daughter. However, Jennifer’s mother knew and hid it..to the point of hiding Jacks shitty ass fling by paying Gwens abusive, drug addicted mom loads of money. I can’t imagine living that childhood and while Gwen ABSOLUTELY took it out on the wrong person…Abigail, I can understand it. The girl had no help, no coping skills. And I disagree, she could very well be undiagnosed mentally ill.

I am not saying it was okay for Gwen to do what she did. But all this Abigail vs Gwen is irritating. Abigail had the luxury of being properly diagnosed and treated 
Gwen…I think not. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Gwen…I think not. 

When we met Gwen, she had voluntarily checked into a mental institution.  So she did have the means and opportunity to be treated.

4 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

What I meant to say., is it is not the characters fault, but the writing

It is and I criticize the writing all the time but how far back can you go?

Because bad writing applies to all of it?  The one night stand.  Laura knowing about Jack's baby and hiding it. Laura paying off Gwen's mother....etc.  It's all bad writing. 

Gwen gets the blame, though, because it's all in service of that character.  It wasn't about adding dimension to Jack's character; he just became her cheerleader.  Laura's betrayal wasn't about her, her relationship to Jack or Jennifer.  She was on just long enough to be sacrificed so Gwen could be falsely accused of murder.

And now MM doesn't want to be full time?  Bummer.  I wanted to see her tested with new EJ.  Xander should be with Nicole.  But he's trying to generate something unsuccessfully with Gwen.

Show's just wasting potential all over the place.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chellfairy said:

Ok.

I am defending Gwen a little only because of the way she had to grow up. No.. it’s not Jacks fault he didn’t know he had a daughter. However, Jennifer’s mother knew and hid it..to the point of hiding Jacks shitty ass fling by paying Gwens abusive, drug addicted mom loads of money. I can’t imagine living that childhood and while Gwen ABSOLUTELY took it out on the wrong person…Abigail, I can understand it. The girl had no help, no coping skills. And I disagree, she could very well be undiagnosed mentally ill.

I am not saying it was okay for Gwen to do what she did. But all this Abigail vs Gwen is irritating. Abigail had the luxury of being properly diagnosed and treated 
Gwen…I think not. 

Laura in character would have never done that.  Laura went through a lot of pain when it came to her son's true paternity. Ron sacrificed Laura cause he had no use for her. Just like he had no use for Anjelica and Adrienne. He completely ruined Diana and that hurt as a Roman/Diana fan. He is a hack and he needs to be fired.  Ron will use the vets but will dispatch them like they are nothing to service his stupid plots. Laura was sacrificed for Gwen, full stop. The actress that played Laura intimated that she felt tricked by Ron, she had no idea that Ron was going to kill Laura off..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I criticize the writing all the time but how far back can you go?

Because bad writing applies to all of it?  The one night stand.  Laura knowing about Jack's baby and hiding it. Laura paying off Gwen's mother....etc.  It's all bad writing. 

Gwen gets the blame, though, because it's all in service of that character.  It wasn't about adding dimension to Jack's character; he just became her cheerleader.  Laura's betrayal wasn't about her, her relationship to Jack or Jennifer.  She was on just long enough to be sacrificed so Gwen could be falsely accused of murder.

And now MM doesn't want to be full time?  Bummer.  I wanted to see her tested with new EJ.  Xander should be with Nicole.  But he's trying to generate something unsuccessfully with Gwen.

Show's just wasting potential all over the place.

meryl-arquette.gif

• Love 1
16 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Sad, but I’d rather it be this way than for him simply to disappear. Bill is not well.

that is how I feel too. I'd rather he get a chance to do an onscreen final story and be written off before he actually passes in real life

As for the other stuff: Don't  hate Gwen but I am not feeling her with Xander. He and Nicole are smoking hot on the other hand.

• Love 6

Unfortunately their relationship is so dang awful - he's been forcing himself on her for years....

I think Doug and Julie should get a happy ending....they're so tied to the history of the show.

...how did they handle Alice's passing? Was she off-camera for a year and then had a funeral? Was she filming until the end...?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Unfortunately their relationship is so dang awful - he's been forcing himself on her for years....

I think Doug and Julie should get a happy ending....they're so tied to the history of the show.

...how did they handle Alice's passing? Was she off-camera for a year and then had a funeral? Was she filming until the end...?

Yes I think she was offscreen for some time then they wrote in that she had died in her sleep off screen

I think Doug and Julie should go join Hope and have a happy ending. This sucks if it is going where I think

• Love 8
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Yes I think she was offscreen for some time then they wrote in that she had died in her sleep off screen

I think Doug and Julie should go join Hope and have a happy ending. This sucks if it is going where I think

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel bad for Bill and whatever her name is having to act out a story where Doug gets dementia/Alzheimer's and I certainly don't want to watch it.  Ugh all around. But whatever, I'll just fast forward it lol.

Yes to both of these.  If an actor is wanting to retire/can't really do the job anymore how is it so hard to write a good exit?  The possibilities are endless.  Have them go visit any number of relatives.  Have them suddenly develop an interest in some foreign country they've never been to.  Have Doug suddenly discover that he can motivate the addicted people on Skid Row to seek treatment by playing the ukulele for them.  If they wanted to have the actors involved at some point in the future they could have them do video calls at the holidays.  Done.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes to both of these.  If an actor is wanting to retire/can't really do the job anymore how is it so hard to write a good exit?  The possibilities are endless.  Have them go visit any number of relatives.  Have them suddenly develop an interest in some foreign country they've never been to.  Have Doug suddenly discover that he can motivate the addicted people on Skid Row to seek treatment by playing the ukulele for them.  If they wanted to have the actors involved at some point in the future they could have them do video calls at the holidays.  Done.

They went on cruises for years. Why can’t they do that again?

• Love 11

I don't know if its an exit storyline but someone mentioned that this Doug storyline is tied to Marlena being repossessed by the Devil.

However he is 96 years old and if this is his last storyline so be it. Its a blessing he's still with us let alone working.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't know if its an exit storyline but someone mentioned that this Doug storyline is tied to Marlena being repossessed by the Devil.

However he is 96 years old and if this is his last storyline so be it. Its a blessing he's still with us let alone working.

We had to watch Caroline deteriorate before she died offscreen.  Can't we have one happy ending for an elderly.  Soaps used to be good at balance...

Let Doug have a happy ending, perhaps he goes to be with one of his sons, his grandchildren, his great-grandchildren and if the actor passes in real life, then, they could write it in by saying that Doug died peacefully in his sleep, the end. It is not so hard.  Use a little bit of imagination Ron.  I am not a writer and I can come up with that. The show has forgotten that Doug has two sons, so Hope has brothers. They could still keep Susan as Julie if she still wants to work. Julie could make periodic visits to Doug..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11