Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

Claire being the one who started the fire seems like a very jump the shark moment to me. I'll be surprised if it isn't a rewrite, since the actress has reportedly been let go from the show. Ruining a legacy character, which is exactly what this does, for a couple and a character who will be gone in less than a year or so is absurd (VK WILL move on from DAYS (and you know how well recasts go), and Ben is a nobody on canvas).

I keep seeing people compare Claire to Sami on other message boards and it makes me think the audience doing so isn't familiar with Sami at all, and are just a handful of loud tweens that watch "Cin" scenes with little to no idea about the show's actual history. Sami loved Carrie and even though she did A LOT of horrible things to her sister, the rationale was there and Sami was fully fleshed out over literal YEARS regarding her insecurities and why she acted the way she did. This isn't something Sami would do to anyone that wasn't an enemy of herself or her family (EJ comes to mind here).

I'll let this one play out but I literally hate Cin now, even more than before. It's as bad as them propping Chabby and ruining other characters to prop their golden couple. If Ken actually signed off on this, I'll laugh when it backfires, when their recast Ciara fails and they're forced to write Ben off. I would say I'm surprised at KC allowing Shelle's child to be ruined, but he also gave the okay to murder Will so nothing can shock me anymore. 

Yep, this bullshit is going to give me an extra free hour in the day.  I think I'll give "Tainted Dreams" a look and there are years of sequential episodes of Ryan's Hope online to watch.  I'm sure as shit not going to watch this out of left field character destruction to prop a couple I now loathe, instead of simply disliking.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I can take or leave Claire, but IF it is retconned she set the fire, I call BULLSHIT

Why would this retcon be any different from all the others on Days?  I, for one, would be glad to see Claire go. She's been pulling crap on Ciara for a long time now, so it doesn't surprise me in the least. Buh--bye Claire...don't let the door hit you in your tiny ass.

4 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Why would this retcon be any different from all the others on Days?  I, for one, would be glad to see Claire go. She's been pulling crap on Ciara for a long time now, so it doesn't surprise me in the least. Buh--bye Claire...don't let the door hit you in your tiny ass.

Well, Claire is the child of legacy parents as much as Ciara is. Add in that this is in blatant service to salvage a character that seems to need a sledgehammer to slam the round peg in the square hole, and that's why it's different, to me.

There has been zero in the way of any hint that Claire was involved with the fire before now, and trashing one character (Jordan) is not enough, so...it will just go down the line until everyone swoons over Ben, I guess. No, thank you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

There has been zero in the way of any hint that Claire was involved with the fire before now, and trashing one character (Jordan) is not enough, so...it will just go down the line until everyone swoons over Ben, I guess. No, thank you.

It is obvious this was something that RC has decided to pull from thin air at the last minute. How would Claire even know where Ciara was last year and why even bother setting the place on fire.When Tripp was accused of framing Ben for starting that fire, there was zero hints that Claire was in any way feeling any guilt for actually setting that fire.

It is all so stupid when they could have just had Abby and her multiple personalities set the fire to set up Ben as payback. With the actress and the character thankfully leaving the show, it could have been the final gotcha surprise as Chabby are delusional in their love and happily ever after.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Well, holy shit, if Claire started that fire, she is on the same psycho plane as Ben.  I liked her being a bit of a mean girl, but this is whole other level mean girl.  Wow. Way to ruin the character.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It is obvious this was something that RC has decided to pull from thin air at the last minute. How would Claire even know where Ciara was last year and why even bother setting the place on fire.When Tripp was accused of framing Ben for starting that fire, there was zero hints that Claire was in any way feeling any guilt for actually setting that fire.

It is all so stupid when they could have just had Abby and her multiple personalities set the fire to set up Ben as payback. With the actress and the character thankfully leaving the show, it could have been the final gotcha surprise as Chabby are delusional in their love and happily ever after.

You've put so much more thought into this than the Yahoo's who are apparently paid to do this.  

What you suggest makes sense.  The Claire twist......makes as much sense as Rafe as a romantic lead or Julie as the voice of wisdom.

Here's an idea, have JULIE be the one who set the fire.  That's a retcon I can get behind.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Claire is a legacy character, Belle and Shawn's only child- to allow her to be ruined is appalling to me. If this is what Ron rewrote last minute I cannot wait until the backlash hits and KC fires Ron. I think Ron has been hit or miss lately, but much like the murder of Willl this is too far. I don't expect Ron getting yet another year and can see Ken doing what he does best- putting all the blame on Ron and Cin fans (who loudly hate Claire on social media) (much like he did with Dena and the homophobic fans re: Will) before having the next writer (if the show doesn't get cancelled) retcon the hell out of this mess. The sad part is, this will be hard for people to forget. The gross part is this is being done to prop a couple who won't even exist beyond next year. All for a serial killer who has no ties to the canvas. Ciara as a child had SO much potential it's kind of sad to see her now. Her whole life involves her love life, there is no development outside her relationships. Will and Abigail were both fleshed out before Will met Sonny and Abby met Chad. They went to school, were involved in their parents lives and had jobs. All Ciara has is Ben (which is what she wants) it's all so heavy handed. Anyways, when this backfires for the show I'll be here laughing when Ciara gets written off in VK's absence and Ben quietly leaves the canvas since what other ties does he have? He's a useless character.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, Claire is the child of legacy parents as much as Ciara is. Add in that this is in blatant service to salvage a character that seems to need a sledgehammer to slam the round peg in the square hole, and that's why it's different, to me.

I am freaking stunned that the show is actually having Claire being the person who set the fire--this is kind of stomach turning.  Why does Claire have to be destroyed in order to show how allegedly wonderful Ciara and by extension Ben/Cin are?  Can't the writers have Ciara being the most amazing big-hearted beautiful on the inside and out girl that Ben's obsessed with without completely demolishing the granddaughter of Bo/Hope and John/Marlena?  Claire has at times been self-absorbed and thoughtless but basically harmless in that her schemes genuinely hurt her more then anyone else but now she's an arsonist hellbent on having Tripp that she'll kill her aunt to have him?  WTF?!

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

And I wonder if Hope will care that her granddaughter tried to kill her daughter cause she seems pretty reluctant in applying the order part of laws when it is a relative or friend who broke it.

I think most people, even cops, would react differently to their granddaughter setting a fire that harmed their daughter then they would to a serial killer doing the same.

Sorry, but I kinda I love that Claire did it. I knew she was a sociopath! I was gonna be like, "But how does she continue after this?" but then I remembered Ben so nothing matters lol.

But also, even though I think it's sort of hilarious, it really is so gross. To destroy Shawn and Belle's daughter to prop a romance with a serial killer is just, well, actually, it's kind of hilarious. But all it really does is make me hate Ben and Ciara/Ben even more. I really do hope VK leaves just so all this bullshit ends up being completely useless anyway.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, boes said:

Yep, this bullshit is going to give me an extra free hour in the day.  I think I'll give "Tainted Dreams" a look and there are years of sequential episodes of Ryan's Hope online to watch.  I'm sure as shit not going to watch this out of left field character destruction to prop a couple I now loathe, instead of simply disliking.

Now, @boes, I thought we agreed that we'd hang in : ) I'm reveling in my prescience in thinking Claire was the firestarter a little while back for now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Now, @boes, I thought we agreed that we'd hang in : ) I'm reveling in my prescience in thinking Claire was the firestarter a little while back for now. 

We did!  And a deal is a deal, but I foresee a lot of ff'ding in my future.

• Love 4

I don't like Claire but this is OOC for even her.  
Claire's best moment: frying pan Ben!  

But setting the fire?  No.  That's Murder 1.  Claire has no basis for pychosis does she?  

Bummer for Claire fans.  'Cause this is out of the blue.  

Bummer for the anti-CINs cause this just piles on reasons to continue to anti-CIN.

Bummer for Grandma Hope because she's already so compromised as a cop, unless she brings the hammer down for Murder 1 or doesn't find out -- it won't look good for Hope's character.

And the family connections! (From Wikipedia)

Family

Horton, Brady, Kiriakis

Father: Shawn-Douglas Brady

Mother: Belle Black

Stepfather: Philip Kiriakis (2005–07)

Stepmother: Mimi Lockhart (2006–07)

Grandfathers: Bo Brady
John Black

Grandmothers: Hope Brady
Marlena Evans

Uncles: Zack Brady
Brady Black
D.J. Craig
Eric Brady
Paul Narita

Aunts: Chelsea Brady
Ciara Brady
Sami Brady

First cousins: Will Horton
Allie Horton
Johnny DiMera
Sydney DiMera 
Tate Black
Grace Brady (legal)

Other relativesMimi Lockhart (godmother)

That's a shit-ton of relatives.  Bad move RC.  Bad move. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Oddly I find myself feeling more hatred towards Tripp than CIN.  No man is worth the level of venom you must have to do something like that but Tripp? Ugh. This is an all around a shitty move though. I'm already still trying to wrap my mind around the Jordan character assassination but this is a whole other level.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And now watch Hope "We have to jail the person who started this fire we must we must we must!" Hernandez find a way to bury it.

Yep. Just as she did when the planted evidence truth came out and Hope no longer cared about justice. Maybe Melinda will used this in the upcoming Mayoral election story. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I can take or leave Claire, but IF it is retconned she set the fire, I call BULLSHIT. And all for a serial killer and his wuv with Ciara. Again? BULLSHIT

How is it a retcon, though, if we never knew who set the fire until now? We have only ever had Hope ranting about it and the way it played out, it was obvious it was not going to be Ben. We just had no hints who it would be. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

How is it a retcon, though, if we never knew who set the fire until now? We have only ever had Hope ranting about it and the way it played out, it was obvious it was not going to be Ben. We just had no hints who it would be. 

I'd call it retcon because the actress played her concern for Ciara very sincerely up until this spoiler.  Which makes it feel like this is just a last minute choice.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, SueB said:

I'd call it retcon because the actress played her concern for Ciara very sincerely up until this spoiler.  Which makes it feel like this is just a last minute choice.  

Maybe. Or it could be her covering it up. For me, a retcon is when a show rewrites something we saw play out and we never saw who set the fire. Obviously mileage varies.

We don't know what leads up to Claire making that decision but I buy that she is that fixated on winning Tripp. She has been pretty one-note for a long while with that being her sole focus.

Legacy characters do crappy things all the time on all the soaps that don't necessarily ruin them, where they are redeemed or characters forgive them before everyone moves forward. They are not all inherently good. I don't see legacy characters as above reproach nor always on the right side of choices they make nor always being good people. Characters do crappy things for selfish reasons and teens are some of the worst with that. I am not as bothered cause I have considered Claire to be somewhat psychopathic regarding Tripp for a long while so this twist isn't a stretch for me. Plus, Claire's value seems to be more about who her parents are rather than who she is as her own character. Reminds me of when Belle stated she thought she was more special than her various siblings cause she is John & Marlena's only biological child. 

I do wonder what made NBC think revealing Claire set the fire in a spoiler pic was a good idea.

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I can take or leave Claire, but IF it is retconned she set the fire, I call BULLSHIT. And all for a serial killer and his wuv with Ciara. Again? BULLSHIT.

I'm not sure it's a retcon, people are pointing out subtle clues that were going on at the time of the fire that point to Claire now that it's been spoilered.

• Love 5

It is all so stupid when they could have just had Abby and her multiple personalities set the fire to set up Ben as payback. With the actress and the character thankfully leaving the show, it could have been the final gotcha surprise as Chabby are delusional in their love and happily ever after.

THAT would have been excellent. Abigail could just wink at the camera and walk off with Chad and we would be the only ones to know the truth. That would have been an amazing sendoff!

It's just insane to me that two characters with as much history as Ben and Abigail have basically been kept apart for months now. You would think him living in her town after their messed-up relationship led to so much death would be fertile enough ground for the writers to explore, instead of forcing this redemption arc on us and basically putting him only in Ciara's orbit.

It's been obvious for a while now that they stopped caring about Claire's character integrity. Once they stopped writing her as an aspiring singer and Theo left town there's just been nothing for her, aside from reacting to whatever is going on with Ciara. She had past relationships with both Chloe and Eve, not to mention her grandparents John and Marlena...and I can't even remember the last time she had scenes with any of those characters.

I like Claire, I like the actress who plays Claire, and I liked how much potential she had when she first came on board. And likeability.

Shitty move KC/RC.

• Love 11

I go offline for half a day and come back to this giant spoiler!  I guess I'll wait and and see how it plays out, but I will not be happy if it turns out Claire actually intended for Ciara to die in the fire.   And this is coming from a Cin fan,, but pre-meditated murder of your aunt/friend over Tripp(!) is insane.  Though hopefully they're not going to make Claire mentally ill too. 

I saw someone on the other forum wonder if Claire set the fire so Ben could rescue Ciara. I guess that wouldn't totally destroy the character.  Guess we'll know soon...

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Though hopefully they're not going to make Claire mentally ill too. 

I think they're gonna go that way with Jordan and they've already done it with Ben and of course Abigail, so yea hopefully they don't go there with Claire, too. "Everyone should disregard all the horrible things so and so did because they were mentally ill!" barely works once, let alone 4 times.

I don't really have a problem with Claire setting the fire, but it's so obvious imo that's it's being done to, yet again, prop Ciara/Ben and that's what makes it bleh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

it's so obvious imo that's it's being done to, yet again, prop Ciara/Ben and that's what makes it bleh.

I am curious why it obvious from your POV cause I don't see Claire as relevant to the success of Ciara & Ben's relationship. Her setting the fire doesn't hurt nor help them as a pairing cause she was never an impediment to them. Is there anyone on canvas who it would have made sense and had the motive to burn up Ciara? 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, boes said:

You've put so much more thought into this than the Yahoo's who are apparently paid to do this.  

What you suggest makes sense.  The Claire twist......makes as much sense as Rafe as a romantic lead or Julie as the voice of wisdom.

Here's an idea, have JULIE be the one who set the fire.  That's a retcon I can get behind.

Julie I could get behind that.  She saw them bonding and knew Ben would never be good enough for Ciara.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I am curious why it obvious from your POV cause I don't see Claire as relevant to the success of Ciara & Ben's relationship. Her setting the fire doesn't hurt nor help them as a pairing cause she was never an impediment to them. Is there anyone on canvas who it would have made sense and had the motive to burn up Ciara? 

No one should have set the fire deliberately.  It should have ALWAYS been an electrical fire and used as a reason Hope went after Ben.  Setting fire to the SAME DAMN KIDNAP KABIN is just a bad idea.  

Now how does it prop up "CIN" -- IF it ends up resulting in Hope finding out it was not Ben, then they may be intending to soften town opinion on Ben (right now he's a piriah).  And it trashes Claire in the process.

One potential silver lining: it'll get Hope OFF THIS DAMN STORYLINE.  I'm so very very tired of her chasing the fire story.  On the one hand, I totally understand her disapproval of Ben.  And I hope she doesn't eat crow about Ben to Ciara (that would be TWO character assassinations for CIN).  Instead, I hope it gets her to move on while still being suspicious of Ben but not actively pursuing that plot. Kind of like Julie will forever hate Gabi.   

But here's my honest opinion: with Chad gone, they are going to try to make Ben be a BDH (Big Damn Hero).  He's the right age.  He's got sizzle with Ciara. He's got a complicated past (understatement!).  But Ben needs an actual job where he's shown being useful and on his meds.  His Ciara obsession is still a little creepy.  And he needs to be earning town respect over MONTHS little by little ... not one or two hero moments.  Like JJ is an EMT, Ben needs an altruistic job.  But I (for the life of me) can't figure out one.  He's got to show he's actually a changed person to others in town.  That the psychosis was truly an undiagnosed mental health issue that is now under control and Ben is recovering.  It's a HUGE step - and one that will likely forever divide folks - but any 'quick fix' will always look like an unearned prop.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I agree that the original cabin fire should have a simple explanation - be it electrical, or that Ciara accidentally dropped something that ignited it. No one is to blame.

Maybe Ben doing a good deed may get him some attention and that someone will hire him for some sort of job - even if it is a minimum wage dishwasher or something that he can do that is an honest day's work.  Even someone willing to hire him as a construction worker or something. That will keep him occupied, tired, and not focusing on Ciara. And slowly show the people of Salem that he was the victim of horrific child abuse, significant mental health issues, psychosis,.  And that he has remorse for what he did and maybe wants to give back.

Abigail went to her Fairy Grandmother who bippity-boppity-booed away her multiple personalities/alters. She almost killed three people, in addition to Andre. No real consequence for her. No jail time, no community service, no nothing.

The show could show that Ben is a twin and that the original Ben is still recuperating from Abs setting him on fire. The whole Abigail thing was tidied up far too neatly and positively for her. She skates away again.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

We don't know what leads up to Claire making that decision but I buy that she is that fixated on winning Tripp. She has been pretty one-note for a long while with that being her sole focus.

Legacy characters do crappy things all the time on all the soaps that don't necessarily ruin them, where they are redeemed or characters forgive them before everyone moves forward. They are not all inherently good. I don't see legacy characters as above reproach nor always on the right side of choices they make nor always being good people. Characters do crappy things for selfish reasons and teens are some of the worst with that. I am not as bothered cause I have considered Claire to be somewhat psychopathic regarding Tripp for a long while so this twist isn't a stretch for me. Plus, Claire's value seems to be more about who her parents are rather than who she is as her own character. Reminds me of when Belle stated she thought she was more special than her various siblings cause she is John & Marlena's only biological child. 

Thanks so much for articulating my thoughts 😁😉

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Is Jack really going to reveal Hayley's status live at the debate?  I hope JJ never forgives him.

I mean, JJ never should have told him. That's on his dumb ass. It was such a dick move. He knows Jack has no memory and that he is under Eve's thumb. Idiot lol.

9 hours ago, SueB said:

And I hope [Hope] doesn't eat crow about Ben to Ciara (that would be TWO character assassinations for CIN). 

Oh, I think she will. It's already started a bit, with her tearfully thanking him for saving Ciara. Ben will be deified eventually. That is unless VK leaves and either the recast doesn't work out or they don't even recast. In that case, they might just let go of Ben, especially if they need someone to take the blame for some bad shit that happened. 

All of this is just so RC lol.

• Love 4

Sarah has a steamy dream about Eric.

Shut up, Sarah's subconscious.

I mean, I guess this is classic soap - trying to plow ahead with Guy A while really in love with Guy B - but, ugh, Sarah and Eric are just so annoying about it.

Chloe interrupts a heated moment between Gabi and Stefan.

I hope the heat is coming from Gabi having set Stefan on fire.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Are you effing kidding me Sarah gets pregnant? 

I hope the baby doesn’t get her hair. 

Sarah needs a baby like she needs a hole in the head. So of course Ron salivates over it.

In any case, will we have a WTD? She did sleep with Rex AND Xander. (AND has Eric sniffing - LITERALLY (EEEWWW!) - after her.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I think this means she’ll finally bang Eric after thirsting for him since the holidays.  I’m not rooting for either dude. Or her for that matter. 

Hell, at this point, have all three men as candidates and reenact Three Men And A Baby -- Days style. God.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Where'd you see that spoiler?

On twitter and a site soapdirt I’m not sure how reliable the sources are. It seems just boring and stupid enough to be up Ron’s alley though. I don’t even want her with Rex and definitely not Eric at this point 😂 

• Love 1

Gotcha.  Your post was right before the TVSource spoilers and I was like, I don't see that in there lol.

It looks like soapdirt basically spun out a whole theory from one spoiler tease about the fling returning to haunt Sarah, which could be Xander literally returning to town since we know he's coming back at some point.  Maybe he shows up and is now obsessed with her and schemes to break up her and Rex? 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Gotcha.  Your post was right before the TVSource spoilers and I was like, I don't see that in there lol.

It looks like soapdirt basically spun out a whole theory from one spoiler tease about the fling returning to haunt Sarah, which could be Xander literally returning to town since we know he's coming back at some point.  Maybe he shows up and is now obsessed with her and schemes to break up her and Rex? 

"What is one of the many things I will take before a pregnancy for $2,000, Alex!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

You know what I want actually for Sarah?  For Noelle to show up.  That whole beat of Rex sleeping with Sarah's sister just smelled like setup for late soap shenanigans.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Speaking of Noelle, I always wanted Noelle for Andrew and Sarah for Eric.  I don't trust Ron to write for Noelle. I would want Sherry to write for her, but, she is no longer with the show. Rumor has it she did not get along with Ron who is very difficult to work with. I could see Sherry who loves character-driven stories not fitting with Ron's over the top storytelling. It pains me to see how Ron has written so abysmally for her  numerous creations on the show.

• Love 2

Is that a rumor you started? 😉

As I always say, I like Ron's writing more than I don't, though he for sure has faults (exhibit A - Stefan O., his new Robert Ford).  My particular concern with this scenario is that I've seen him write a woman coming into the show after her sister's man and that woman was Stacy Morasco.  Ugh.  Now, I think the buzz was that Crystal Hunt was forced on to OLTL by Brian Frons, but still, that was a bad character and a bad story.  And featured a character named Rex, coincidentally.

• Love 3