Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Oh, Ron will totally do that.  All of that so the serial killer can be the male lead of the show.  That’s what’s going to happen once Chad and Abby are out of there.  Ciara and the serial killer will take over from where they left off and eat the show.  Not looking forward to that.

Yes Hope must approve this pairing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

You weren't all a flutter at the slow motion/romance novel like shot of SuperBen carrying Ciaaaarraah out the burning cabin in the new promo?! Brace yourself because me thinks its gonna be laid on really, really thick.

LOL!  I'm sure you're right.  Every time I hear him bellow her name I want to poke sticks in my ears.  Ohtheromance.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

If that spoiler is true, I'm concerned it's going to be presented as some sort of quasi-romantic thing. "I was so upset with my sister for almost killing you that I almost killed her, because I love you so much!"

I thought Jordan coming back with Rafe's baby would be stupid, but I'd a million times rather have had that than this. I agree with the others who have said this reminds them of when Ron brought back the Rebecca character on OLTL.

• Love 10
On 2/9/2019 at 10:55 AM, Petunia13 said:

I will miss Chad. He’s been phoning in his performance a while now though. It reminds me of James/EJ towards his last year. I did like the actors though and they were handsome. 

Abby should have NEVER been brought back in the first place. 

It's well known JS hated that EJ & Abifail affair story, so that wasn't a surprise. He ghosted anything related to that story other than showing up to phone in his lines.

And BF and KM don't get along IRL, so that's not a surprise either.

I am enjoying the Ben & Ciara stuff. Sure, it's heavy handed at times but what story on this show isn't and hasn't been for a while? It's not like nuances are Ron's strong suit. I also think last time I checked, Cin was winning the DOOLapp valentines poll so what doesn't work for some seems to work for others, which is how it should be on a soaps and why soaps should have more than one storyline at a time going on ::looking at you B&B:: That said, I hate that Jordan was brought back for this and are rushing through it at warp speed but it's better than Jordan bringing back Rafe spawn (I am trying to find the silver lining). 

I am amused that people are still mad about Gabi even though Gabi's actions were reactions to Abby & Stefan. I can't wait for Chabby to leave. Ultimately, the audience is the winner with Chabby gone and Gabi is in second place without the knife in her back. 

vvvv

• Love 2

Polls aren't that reliable as they can be manipulated through unlimited times of voting, deleting cookies and other means.  B&B has been suck for a long time, the only advantage they have is budget. If only Days are lucky enough to get its hands on bigger budget and investment.  

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I forgot to comment above but that Elani article is odd. I think LA is more invested that SS but it's not like they're getting story. They don't even get to celebrate Valentines Day as other pairings / couples on V days but instead are shoved into the following week to have a belated celebration. Mess. It really does come off that TPTB have Elani film random scenes that they insert later where they've scrubbed other stories. 

I have wondered when Leo is gone what story will Wilson have or if TPTB will just backburner them.  I thought Stefan made that realization a while ago that he was in love with a party city wig. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think a better way to redeem Ben would be through reconnecting him with his sane sister who had medical training.

Not this shit.

Almost anything would be better than redeeming him by having him become obsessed with, ahem, I mean fall in love with Ciara.

• Love 4

What bullshit. The viewers SAW BEN KILL PEOPLE ON SCREEN! This is why soaps will forever be mocked. And reminds me of Whoopi Goldberg losing her shit in Soapdish, as the head writer that learned she would be writing for a previously-killed character via decapitation:

"He doesn't have a head! How can I write for a guy who DOESN'T HAVE A HEAD?!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This is why soaps will forever be mocked.

Soaps started getting mocked when Marlena started floating above her bed. At that time, instead of just being daytime drama, they became very campy...especially when they started resurrecting people from the dead. So yeah, anything goes now...and we shouldn't be shocked by the unbelievable.

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Soaps started getting mocked when Marlena started floating above her bed. At that time, instead of just being daytime drama, they became very campy...especially when they started resurrecting people from the dead. So yeah, anything goes now...and we shouldn't be shocked by the unbelievable.

Yeah. Days got the big ratings briefly. And only sold out the core of the show Ken Corday's folks created in the process. James Reilly had ISSUES.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

You are so right and the possession story truly was the beginning of the end for the show.  I always hated that story with a passion.  I also think that Ken Corday was the worst thing to have happened to Days of our lives. 

• Love 4
On 2/12/2019 at 2:43 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah. Days got the big ratings briefly. And only sold out the core of the show Ken Corday's folks created in the process. James Reilly had ISSUES.

Honestly, I think the fault lies more with the writers who came after Reilly and didn't shift the show back towards character growth and the human experience. Reilly did what he did well, and it was good for the show, but that era ended well over a decade ago and since then we've had writers who can't even bother to give us a sense of who these people are at the various stages of their life. I haven't heard Kate or Marlena reflect on aging or being grandmothers or any of that. Of course the college-aged kids don't make any sense either. What classes are they taking? What do they want to do with their lives? How have they changed? I have absolutely no idea and they've been on my screen for years now. It's like we're not allowed into these characters anymore. Reilly not only gave us the spectacular over-the-top drama and spectacle, he still didn't lose sight of who the characters were at their emotional core. If Kristen was just some villainess making crazy things happen but we didn't care about her pain, none of her plots would have mattered. And that's kind of what we have now - sometimes big stuff happening, but no emotional entry point into it, or rarely. It's like there's no time to just allow something simple to be explored, like a character being depressed, or a character reflecting on their life. Hell, we hardly ever see these characters at their jobs!

It's when they take time for the small stuff that the actors really get a chance to shine and the world of the show feels more true to life.

If we aren't getting that now, that's squarely on the shoulders of the current writers and nothing to do with James.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Honestly, I think the fault lies more with the writers who came after Reilly and didn't shift the show back towards character growth and the human experience. Reilly did what he did well, and it was good for the show, but that era ended well over a decade ago and since then we've had writers who can't even bother to give us a sense of who these people are at the various stages of their life. I haven't heard Kate or Marlena reflect on aging or being grandmothers or any of that. Of course the college-aged kids don't make any sense either. What classes are they taking? What do they want to do with their lives? How have they changed? I have absolutely no idea and they've been on my screen for years now. It's like we're not allowed into these characters anymore. Reilly not only gave us the spectacular over-the-top drama and spectacle, he still didn't lose sight of who the characters were at their emotional core. If Kristen was just some villainess making crazy things happen but we didn't care about her pain, none of her plots would have mattered. And that's kind of what we have now - sometimes big stuff happening, but no emotional entry point into it, or rarely. It's like there's no time to just allow something simple to be explored, like a character being depressed, or a character reflecting on their life. Hell, we hardly ever see these characters at their jobs!

It's when they take time for the small stuff that the actors really get a chance to shine and the world of the show feels more true to life.

If we aren't getting that now, that's squarely on the shoulders of the current writers and nothing to do with James.

James normalized over the top stories to the detriment of character-driven stories. I have no problems with camp as long as the characters remain in character.  The three prism story was over the top camp, Stefano needed the three prisms to cure his cancer, but, Roman, Marlena, Eugene, Bo, Hope e.tc. all acted and reacted in character..

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Bravo, @DisneyBoy -- exactly what I'm missing about this show. I'm relying on years of watching these characters to figure out their motivation is, but the newer characters aren't as lucky. 

• Love 3

Yeah, how dare Ron, right Marcia?  The nerve of him breaking up a couple on a soap opera! #eyeroll 

And as Ron points out in the article, he put them back together after a different regime broke them up!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Jen: It's your daughter's wedding you have to be there.

Me: If Jack missed the first five weddings (not including the weddings that Abby stopped) and three different grooms in the past THREE years, he can always make the next wedding. Because I have no doubts that Abby will once again decide to divorce Chad and marry someone else before she decides to marry Chad for the 4th time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Days of our Lives spoilers for Friday February 22:

The person who set the cabin on fire last year and nearly killed Ciara is finally revealed.

Days of our Lives spoilers for the week of February 25:

Days spoilers for Monday February 25:

Hope apologizes to Ben for misjudging him.

Days spoilers for Tuesday February 26:

Jennifer rips into Eve and Jack for using Haley as a political pawn.

Days spoilers for Wednesday February 27:

Diana brokers an alliance with Victor.

Days spoilers for Thursday February 28:

Victor drops a bomb on Marlena.

Days spoilers for Friday March 1:

Terrified he may hurt her, Ben breaks up with Ciara.

Tripp finds something unexpected in Claire’s jewelry box and confronts her

• Love 2

I thought it would turn out to Jordan but while I am surprised it is Claire, I am also not surprised cause the girl has been clearly fixated on winning Tripp for a long time. I am interested to see the lead up that made her set fire to the cabin. And I wonder if Hope will care that her granddaughter tried to kill her daughter cause she seems pretty reluctant in applying the order part of laws when it is a relative or friend who broke it.

• Love 7

Claire being the one who started the fire seems like a very jump the shark moment to me. I'll be surprised if it isn't a rewrite, since the actress has reportedly been let go from the show. Ruining a legacy character, which is exactly what this does, for a couple and a character who will be gone in less than a year or so is absurd (VK WILL move on from DAYS (and you know how well recasts go), and Ben is a nobody on canvas).

I keep seeing people compare Claire to Sami on other message boards and it makes me think the audience doing so isn't familiar with Sami at all, and are just a handful of loud tweens that watch "Cin" scenes with little to no idea about the show's actual history. Sami loved Carrie and even though she did A LOT of horrible things to her sister, the rationale was there and Sami was fully fleshed out over literal YEARS regarding her insecurities and why she acted the way she did. This isn't something Sami would do to anyone that wasn't an enemy of herself or her family (EJ comes to mind here).

I'll let this one play out but I literally hate Cin now, even more than before. It's as bad as them propping Chabby and ruining other characters to prop their golden couple. If Ken actually signed off on this, I'll laugh when it backfires, when their recast Ciara fails and they're forced to write Ben off. I would say I'm surprised at KC allowing Shelle's child to be ruined, but he also gave the okay to murder Will so nothing can shock me anymore. 

• Love 8

Oh boy, I don't like this Claire spoiler.  I was really starting to enjoy her as this inept, kinda schemer-in-training.  But setting a fire that almost killed her aunt-slash-friend over Tripp?  OVER TRIPP?

And now watch Hope "We have to jail the person who started this fire we must we must we must!" Hernandez find a way to bury it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

and you know how well recasts go

Some of them go very well. Perfect example is Kate. Billie Reed was good, and even Brady is much better than the original (currently Rex), so you really can't predict.