Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

why do they have such a passionate fanbase?  And why does he get to be happy?  

Many have been watching Days for decades, and as one of the few soaps who started the hour long drama, they're very loyal and passionate when it comes to the characters.

Many people remember Robert from the Price is Right and enjoyed his personality. TPTB fucked up with Ben...and I'm sure his fans screamed the loudest. TPTB  should have gone the twin route, but that would require the writers to come up with an intelligent backstory. Besides, with Marlena/Hattie and Adrienne/Bonnie, they probably figure there's enough "twinness" currently on Days.

• Love 2

I dont know WHY they have a passionate fanbase but to give you an idea of how bad it is I have a group of three friends who went to Days of Days 2 weeks ago. these are old timers who are big John and Marlena & Doug and Julie fans that are really not the demo that is into "CIN" and they said the reception to Robert and Victoria at the event was ridiculous. These people didn't seem to grasp how huge these two are until they went there. For the autograph signing R & V  were paired with Susan and Bill Hayes and in order to get to meet Susan and Bill they had to wait on enormous line filled with these overzealous Ben/Ciara fans with oversized posters, shirts, etc. When one of my friends wrote her recap of the day on Facebook she said the CIN fans scared her lol 

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

You’ve raised two questions — why do they have such a passionate fanbase?  And why does he get to be happy?  He’s a serial killer.

With you all the way, Super. I draw the line at serial killers, whether they're medicated or not. 

ETA: I'm aghast at the depictions above of the Ciara/Ben fanbase. But why should anything my fellow citizens do surprise me these days? I'm just bummed as it now seems that we're stuck with this pair for quite awhile. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

If the show wanted to keep this actor, it either should have never made Ben go that far or he should have had a twin.

I'm still hoping that maybe eventually they'll decide to make it that Ben does have a twin, and that it was the twin who's the serial killer, and that somehow Ben just thinks it was him. Ridiculous, of course, but it would make Cin more palatable, especially if the actors stick around a few years, and the characters eventually get married and have a baby.  

For me, even with his serial killer past (which I blame on the writers!) I can't help seeing the chemistry between the 2 actors, and finding myself liking them together.  In fact, they are the only newer couple, in my opinion, that have any chemistry at all.   The other one I'm kinda rooting for is Elani, which I know is another unpopular couple.  

Chabby, despite being onscreen all the time, never really clicked with me, and I'm dreading the next 3 months with KM being Abby.  Though I will give her credit for coming back to the show when MM didn't renew her contract. 

And, other than Chabby, are there even any other young couples onscreen these days? 

• Love 7

I wish they'd just go with Clyde being the serial killer (I think he may have been in jail during some of the murders though) and come up with a nonsensical soapy explanation that he also had Ben brainwashed into thinking it was him. They could say what he did regarding Will was due to a psychotic break since he's the only victim we saw Ben attempt to murder. Don't think the brain tumor trope would work in the same way it kind of did on GH with Franco.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I just read a spoiler for the week of the third that kate and Gabi decide to frame Stefan lol.

Awesome. Gabi could also point out there was no way that she could physically lift a drugged Abby and transport her to the Dimera mansion.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

With you all the way, Super. I draw the line at serial killers, whether they're medicated or not. 

ETA: I'm aghast at the depictions above of the Ciara/Ben fanbase. But why should anything my fellow citizens do surprise me these days? I'm just bummed as it now seems that we're stuck with this pair for quite awhile. 

I peeped how unstable the Ciara and Ben fanbase are a long time ago.  Especially with them shipping the actors now.  I also think we are stuck with this pairing for a while.  They seem to be working every day so it's looking like they become the new lead couple.

2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I wish they'd just go with Clyde being the serial killer (I think he may have been in jail during some of the murders though) and come up with a nonsensical soapy explanation that he also had Ben brainwashed into thinking it was him. They could say what he did regarding Will was due to a psychotic break since he's the only victim we saw Ben attempt to murder. Don't think the brain tumor trope would work in the same way it kind of did on GH with Franco.

People still aren't buying that excuse.  I will always compare Franco and Ben because of Ron.  He brought back Franco and had to change him up.  Now, he's doing the same thing with Ben.  He seems to be getting more favorable reviews with Ben, though, and I'm just wondering why.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Awesome. Gabi could also point out there was no way that she could physically lift a drugged Abby and transport her to the Dimera mansion.

Rumor has it from a couple of reliable sources that Chad finds out he's the baby's father on Christmas. Maybe they'll try to make it look like he switched the paternity test, but before that happens Julie finds out. Hence the reason why she confronts Gabi. Just a guest. lol

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jaded said:

Don't think the brain tumor trope would work in the same way it kind of did on GH with Franco.

Meh, that really didn't work with the audience, for the most part. TIIC just doubled down in ignoring the disgust, is all.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Meh, that really didn't work with the audience, for the most part. TIIC just doubled down in ignoring the disgust, is all.

I tend to agree.  Roger Howarth doesn't skeeve me out as badly as James Franco's version and James himself does. Franco as a character is pretty awful though. I wish they could have brought Rodger back as some other character after they couldn't use the OLTL ones anymore.

I'm more then ready to get rid of Chad on Days. He seems so checked out along with the fact it's hard to watch him and not think of his obnoxious social media behavior especially when he makes some of those weird faces while reciting his lines.

• Love 7

Week of December 3

Monday December 3:

Ted tries to get Ben to confess to starting the fire at the cabin.

Tuesday December 4:

Chad comes upon Gabi with Charlotte’s paternity results.

Wednesday December 5:

Ciara and Ben go on their first date!

Brady comes up with an idea to try to mend fences with Eric.

Thursday December 6:

Chloe is thrilled when Lucas returns from Europe but he drops a bomb that changes their relationship.

Friday December 7:

Stefan gets Abigail released from Bayview, believing she’s “Gabby.”

• Love 3

Ha! That last one is good. Wonder if Failure realized faking the Gabby persona would compel him to free her...

Brady, dude, just...stop. You f-ed up biiiiiig. Eric ain't got to forgive you for nothing. Make him happy by focusing on your sobriety.

I read a spoiler from months ago that said Wendy the murdered midwife would be returning to the show. Did she appear and I just missed that episode? I'm pretty sure this was supposed to have happened months ago already...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

See, I think I might actually enjoy hate watching her, knowing at least one of the characters in Salem openly loathes her. Plus, we get to see Mansi slap people again! That's kinda fun, right?

Oh yes, I'll be hate watching.

...hey, maybe her first scene will be where her last one was - in a mental institution!

• Love 4
On 11/23/2018 at 12:47 AM, superdeluxe said:

You’ve raised two questions — why do they have such a passionate fanbase?  And why does he get to be happy?  He’s a serial killer.

I like the story for Ben and Ciara. I was hoping to see a slow burn and/or redemption story there. Other than some weird pacing, I've been enjoying the story. 

That said, with people being passionate about what they like - and we all have things that appeal to us but don't do anything for others - you could ask the same with people who like any ship. Heck, I ask that constantly about Chabby since that pairing has always been a joke to me mainly because Abby is a terrible character & Chad is basically there to carry her constantly and nothing else. *I cannot wait until both of the characters are off the screen* But I digress... different strokes & all and I firmly believe that none of the Days shippers come close to the madness of GH ship wars. It's like why do folks want characters together who don't want each other anymore and have said so repeatedly but fans won't let go of wanting it. Works all kinds of ways.

There are currently two mentally ill characters on Days who have killed & tried to kill and it's interesting to see the disparity of privilege playing out in their fallout stories. (Not to mention those characters who aren't mentally ill and have killed).

5 hours ago, Martice Buhari said:

Actually, I think that could work out.  They're both pretty much outcasts, and we've seen outcasts bond on many soaps.  I can see Stefan being one of the only people in town not to judge Ben at all, based on things he's done.

This is what I think. Stefan doesn't do much for me when it comes to Abby/Gabby but TC is awake in scenes with other scene partners. I think it's more interesting to see two characters who know they're messed up acknowledge that rather than sitting through scenes of people who are constantly self-righteous despite doing shady things ::looking at you Rafe, Hope, Abby:: but obviously mileage varies. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I think it's more interesting to see two characters who know they're messed up acknowledge that rather than sitting through scenes of people who are constantly self-righteous despite doing shady things ::looking at you Rafe, Hope, Abby:: but obviously mileage varies. 

Same. I don't feel like Stefan is acting like he knows he messed up at all though. Which isn't really a problem right now though imo since they don't seem to be portraying him as a rootable character. Ben they're trying to have it both ways with and it gets more and more annoying to me. I was so down for Ben and Ben/Ciara at first. That is my kinda shit. But they're fucking it up for me. Also though, Ciara is just so very dull, so that isn't helping lol.

ETA: Oh , and I so agree with you about the shipping and whatnot. Ben/Ciara shippers are no different than every other shipper. Let's face it, we're all a little crazy and/or bias at times! 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
On 11/24/2018 at 1:28 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I read a spoiler from months ago that said Wendy the murdered midwife would be returning to the show. Did she appear and I just missed that episode? I'm pretty sure this was supposed to have happened months ago already...

If this happens, I bet it's the start of Ben didn't really murder those people.  Which I'm down for, because sometimes I skeeve myself out rooting for Cin.

• Love 1
On 11/24/2018 at 12:28 AM, DisneyBoy said:

She appeared back in June, when Ben took Ciara to the cabin following her accident. He flashed back to what had happened there before when Abby gave birth to Thomas, then to Wendy's murder. It was basically just a way to redo those scenes with MM playing Abby (only to have MM leave anyway lol).

• Love 2

Week of December 10

Monday December 10:

Gabi and Abigail play a game of cat and mouse.

Tuesday December 11:

Julie reminisces about her return to Salem 50 years ago.

Wednesday December 12:

Justin delivers a letter to Chloe that carries shocking news.

Thursday December 13:

Sonny and Leo's wedding ceremony is interrupted.

Kayla tells Tripp the truth about Steve, and he comforts his step-mother.

Friday December 14:

Julie sneaks into Gabi's bedroom, hoping to get the goods on her.

• Love 3

I want to know what the shocking news is. Did Nicole actually leave a will with Chloe as the guardian for Holly? Now that would be interesting. I know she asked Eric to take care of her but that's kind of flimsy when it comes to you no child custody.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

The goodbyes for Caroline (and Peggy McCay) were filmed this week, so that means the funeral will probably be shown in May.

Likely late June-early July, they're (seriously) filming that far ahead.

• Love 2

Say what you will about Julie, but she seems to have kept her devious streak from the freaking debut, when teen Julie was nabbed for shoplifting. I kind of admire that. At least she is still consistent, unlike so many characters.

As an aside, the actress that played Julie in that debut, Charla Doherty, died young, in her 40s, in the 1980s. Very sad.

• Love 3

It's good to know they're addressing it...

...but I really hope Shane, Kim, Theresa and her brother (Andrew?) are part of the funeral. Caroline's surviving children should all be prominently featured, and Kim is the one we never see anymore. Heck, I don't think I've ever seen scenes or stories with them together during my time watching. And Caroline was very tight with Theresa during her arcs...to the point where even she pointed out no one else in the family wanted much to do with her besides her grandma. I really loved the scene where Caroline came backstage at the Basic Black fashion show to congratulate Theresa on making something of herself. Such nice moments.

I'm guessing if they're springing for Sami and UK-based Carrie for the funeral, Theresa and Kim probably aren't also in the budget, but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Who would you guys like to see back?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Say what you will about Julie, but she seems to have kept her devious streak from the freaking debut, when teen Julie was nabbed for shoplifting.

By today's standards that seems like a nothing of a story, but I've read articles from 1965-66 about the show's start, and the idea that a girl from a good, upper middle class home could be a juvenile delinquent was considered shocking. Pearls were clutched!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

I think the most important would be the Brady kids and grandkids. Theresa, Kim, Shane might be longshots but I would love for Frankie and Max to be there and they should be.

I would love Stefanie and Joey to be back as well.  I think that Theresa, Kim, Shane, Frankie, Chelsea and Max will be back, Andrew is the longshot.   Caroline and Shawn were doting grandparents.  They made mistakes with their children like all parents, but, they  loved their kids and were wonderful grandparents. I hope that Ron lets Sherry write the memorial, she created the Brady family. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I read something on Twitter about GR being on contract now, is that true?  Not sure I'm into that, I'm enjoying him wrecking havoc on Will and Sonny now, but not sure he needs to do that full time.

I mentioned it in the Casting News thread, but reading the tea leaves it seems he was on contract short-term only. Probably in the 13-26 week range and has already wrapped.

• Love 2

Hmmm okay, I can hang with that.

I do wonder how this will be resolved.  My one hope is that Will and Sonny solve this problem themselves, no Victor, no Kate, no Justin swooping in to get them out of this.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Yeah I don't know how it'll go, but I don't think I'm getting my hopes up with how they've dumbed down so many people to make this whole thing happen to begin with. I think the story might have a violent end, however.

Spoiler

The actress playing Claire made an oops last week (or the week before) and revealed in her instagram stories that Will is in the hospital next June or July. My guess is that it has to do with repercussions from the Leo story, but it's so far away so who knows yet.

Edit: Actually, I'll expand a bit. Leo came back during November 2018 sweeps, so it would make sense if he's done during May 2019 sweeps, which might explain why Will is in the hospital come Juneish next year. Hooray, speculation! ;)

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hmmm okay, I can hang with that.

I do wonder how this will be resolved.  My one hope is that Will and Sonny solve this problem themselves, no Victor, no Kate, no Justin swooping in to get them out of this.

I wonder if the arrival of Leo's mother has anything to do with interrupting the wedding.  And please, let her be Anjelica!

• Love 5