Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

And she said "jury" for jewelry.  My closed captioning actually said "jury."  LOL. 

Oops shockermolar beat me to it! 

Reminds me of an old 30 Rock joke when Jenna was in a Lifetime style movie called The Rural Juror, and nobody could pronounce it or was even certain of the actual title.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Elizabeth's oxygen is doing things for attention.

There was also the whole "woe is me" convo with Andrei about whether or not her sisters, brother and father - basically her entire damn family minus the mom (I assume the parents are divorced) should be invited/would come to the wedding. If they aren't then WHO THE HELL are you having an actual venue wedding with catering FOR? Just a shot in the dark, but I'm betting no one is coming over from Moldova, and apparently Libby doesn't have FRIENDS to go out with, hence the family coven for all her GNO things. 

• Love 8

I really think David Spain is gay.   He just can’t admit it because those feelings are sinful (in his head — not mine) because of his conservative Christian beliefs.   That’s why he’s marring Evelyn.   She’s young, naive, inexperienced.   He thinks he can control her.  Evelyn doesn’t strike me as stupid and will catch on to him.  Unfortunately, that will happen after marriage and a kid.    

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh Annie what have you hitched your wagon to?  Chris sends you and Bahtman off to Kentucky to live in a defunct fire house in the middle of nowhere, no tv, no friends and no money...this looks pretty bleak.  Sadly, Nikki painted a horrible picture of Kentucky for Annie, Louisville is a big city that gets national attention every year due to the Kentucky Derby.  

David and Annie walked in an unlocked door because Chris said he would leave the door unlocked...Chris was no where near there...Does David even have a key to the fire house?  It sort of looks like they are squating.

Louisville is a beautiful city with a lot to offer, but it would not be so pleasant for them if they didn't have much money. There's a lot of crime and if you live in a bad area, it can be scary -- that's especially true if you're from a foreign country and you're not sure what to look out for!

David is going to have a hard time finding a job. He's been out of the country for four years. He presents as very apathetic and unhealthy. And, if he's going to an interview, he'd better not dress like an orderly in an asylum (whites).  

I picture Nikki and Chris giving them a minimal amount of spending money for vodka groceries and incidentals, in order to "encourage" them to get independent quickly, but he's going to have a helluva time getting hired if he doesn't hustle.

A lot of his physical symptoms would probably improve if he took better care of himself.

Annie can use her anger as a reason not to have to sleep with him.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I get why Annie decided to stick with David. She's not marrying him for his money. She's marrying him for Chris and Nikki's money.

7 hours ago, KateHearts said:

My apologies, my apologies, Katehearts.  I deleted the text from your quote box but didn't know how to delete the box itself.

CoachwristletJen, you beat me to the punch with this observation.  For a while I was on Team Annie, since she decided to marry David Poor even though she obviously knew he was destitute (not to mention a creepy drunk).  I thought she must really love him.  But since she knew Chris was co-sponsoring her, she also had to know that Chris was bankrolling the entire engagement show.  I think if she has to give a few "Thai massages"  along the way, she probably figures it's worth it.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Totally. But then again, that is what constant tablet and fries get you. 

TAblet fnd Fries. That is hilarious!

16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Aika is 36 years old. She has made it perfectly clear that having a family is important to her.  Unless she was in a convent, I wonder why she hasn't found anyone until now. 

The more I see of that situation the more I think it is for drama. She has been with him for a while and it is unlikely her wanting to have children hasn't come up. And she is 36, for pete's sake. Although many women choose careers over motherhood for a while 36 seems like an extreme delay.

14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Evil-lyn is such a bitch. She blindsided David Spain. 

For a someone who is supposed to be demure and chaste because of her faith she sure does walk a narrow line...

10 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

Re David Spain -

1.  It is acceptable to put your hands on the table in continental dining.  However, they should be close to your body on either side.  Elbows are fine on the table after dining, but again, should not be beyond your body on either side.

Maple Woo, the best Chinese cooking instructor ever, set up a dinner adventure for us at the top Chinese restaurant in Los Angeles. We had a wonderful time during which she instructed us to put our elbows on the table while eating. If we didn't the staff would think we were not enjoying our meal. Because she was getting married shortly after the class ended the subject of Chinese wedding traditions came up. Again, she instructed that elbows on the table was polite etiquette.

If you are near Chinatown in Los Angeles, you will like Dim Sum at Ocean Seafood. It had another name when we dined there but it is still top-rated. 

8 minutes ago, Lesia said:

Azan and Nicole- you do not have a relationship.  You are not ready for marriage.

Azan's aunt missed a golden opportunity, she should have advised him that he should not take the relationship any further and I think he would have taken her advice.

I do not want to hear one more person say so and so does not respect my culture, frankly if your culture was so important to you than you should find a girl who shares your same culture.  I also do not want to hear one more person say "I am giving up everything for you, my home, my friends etc"...shut up, how did you think you would be getting your green card?  Did you think your friends and family would be coming with you?

Luis is an idiot who needs to grow up, Molly recognizes that but will probably ignore that fact.  Did they not talk about each others roles in the marriage?  If Luis did not want to be a house husband or a father figure than he should have not agreed to come to the US with Molly and if he really wants his green card than he needs to play along with being the nanny.

• Love 7

Aside from his inappropriate comments to Molly's daughter, Luis cracks me up. He reminds me of the Cabana Boy on SNL... 

And Molly reminds of a main character in a series of Black Slave culture novels I read in the 60s. Not so much because Luis is Black but because of his situation. Molly will have him do her will because she owns him. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, EastCoast4Life said:

Mother Evelyn is married to fundie Dave Grohl, is it weird that I think fundie Dave Grohl is HOT?

He is SUPER hot.  No wonder her mom thinks sex is awesome - she gets to bang hot Dave Grohl every night.

3 hours ago, DropTheSoap said:

Snow always looks good in the movies. Being pelted with sleet and a 40mph wind changes the viewpoint. 

I am picturing he walking down the aisle (up the mountain?) with a full on snowstorm whipping at them.  I have a feeling she has very little experience with snow.  Everyone likes a snowflake or two to fall lightly on their shoulders... but no one wants to be snowed on!  It is cold!

Oh, how about how Father Libby threw in Andrrrrei's face that her sisters all drive MERCEDES, bought by their husbands!  Like, ooooh so upper crust!  As if driving a Mercedes means you have "made it."  

1 hour ago, politichick said:

Maybe he doesn't want to discuss his sex life and inexperience on national TV. That may likely have been a good part of it and TLC showed at least crew people in the background. I cannot blame him.

I understand not wanting to talk about sex on tv, even if you are appearing on a show like this.  However, he FREAKED when the subject came up.  He could have laughed it off, and just said that he doesn't want to discuss it, but the way he yelled at her and got SO mad, it was weird.

45 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

@sconstant, snidely stepfather!  LOLs...Molly is no Pearl Pureheart.

Where the heck did she find Luis? He’s not good looking (though looks aren’t everything), he’s gross, vulgar, lazy, mean to her kids., and his endgame is obvious   It’s easy to see what he sees in Sugar Mama Molly, but what she sees in him is a mystery for the ages.

The previews show her throwing her engagement ring at him and telling him to get out of her house.  It would quite possibly be the most sensible thing anyone with such a problematic fiancé has ever done in the history of this franchise.  But, we need lots of drama for the last couple of episodes.

Note that she said that he should take his "TINY engagement ring and get out."  She made a dig at how little the ring is!  These people...

3 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

David is going to have a hard time finding a job. He's been out of the country for four years. He presents as very apathetic and unhealthy. And, if he's going to an interview, he'd better not dress like an orderly in an asylum (whites).  

DYING!  Also did you catch his ensemble in next week's coming attractions?  He has some sort of lederhosen affixed to his white scrubs.

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Annie just lives in a different emotional world.  She seemed perfectly fine and with lots of energy when she got to dress up and go out with Nikki for Girls Night.   She has no empathy in her body because she's led a life of being in 24/7 survival mode.  When she saw that she blindsided Nikki on the news of the length of the cosponsorship, she went into "well I'm sure Chris knew what he was signing....I'm not worried and I don't feel bad about it."   She got her signature and that's all that matters for her.....her survival.   That's a lifetime on your knees or your back. 

She couldn't even muster up any fake sympathy for Nikki like "I'm so sorry you didn't know.   I thought he told you.  Well don't worry....my goal is to never rely on you guys.  I will always work and help to get us on our feet.  You have done so much already!"  

But she couldn't say those words because she doesn't believe it.   She equally wanted to stay in LA and live the LA life being funded by Chris and Nikki with no shame.   She was pisses they were getting kicked out too.  It's clear David has no savings and no money.   She was just told that he borrowed more money from Chris for her jewelry and engagement party.   Exactly what was she expecting?   To continue to live off of them in LA like it's a paid vacation?   She doesn't feel the least amount of remorse that she can't even pick up the check for Girls Night Out because she has NO MONEY?

I think your description of Annie is exactly right. She has no empathy because so few if any have had any for her. Her own husband doesn't even seem to realize that she's physically repulsed by him. If David Pour was really in touch with her emotions, he wouldn't climb on top of her at night. Sorry to be graphic, but that's the sad reality of her existence.

Nikki has what Annie wants, and Annie's willing to do anything to get it. Chris was a sucker who signed on the dotted line. Annie's existence has been tragic, but it doesn't make her any less harmful, and David Pour was the one who brought her into their inner circle for ten years.

Again, with friends like David Pour, who needs enemies? Chris needs to wake up and realize whatever guy he was friends with back in Kentucky is long gone or never even existed. The guy there now is more like David Disaster.

If Chris was smart, he'd rip the rug out from underneath both of them right now. As it is, he's probably going to wind up paying for the wedding. SUCKER.  David will give him a rambling bunch of maudlin thanks, and propose a toast to Chris before getting inebriated.  

Annie will leave David Douche as soon as possible.  What she doesn't realize is that Nikki and Chris, while being forced to support her, only have to do the bare minimum. Cheap apartment and mac and cheese for dinner every night. Every now and then she'll splurge and get a new top from K-mart along with school clothes for the kids.  David Douche will back out after the divorce with a bunch of excuses. "I'm on disability," he will shamelessly declare. "I can't possibly pay. I had to get my wheelchair paid for by the state."

Wait till Annie has her first and second babies. Who do you think will get stuck with those hospital bills? What if she needs public insurance for her children? She'll quickly figure out that more babies mean more money.

Annie is in survival mode, and she's very cutthroat. She's already angry at Chris and Nikki and she will bleed them dry. Don't think she doesn't have a few manipulative tricks up her sleeve.

Annie is doing the only thing she's ever known to do. It would take years of therapy to break the shell around her heart, and that would be only if she wanted to change. She was mocking Nikki at their girls night out. "You didn't know? He didn't tell you?" 

Same way with David Douche. He tried to turn it around on Nikki. Forget the fact that he's a big fat indigent. Nikki didn't know! Yo, David Poor, the bigger deal is that you're a big fat indigent!

So, how much do you think Annie will cost Chris over the next TEN YEARS? $200,000? More? I'm guessing $2000 a month for the next ten years plus some other stuff if there's health insurance for the kids. What if she moves to California? Cost of living goes up, there.

Chris, you shouldn't even be speaking to David at this point. You should be praying that she breaks the law so that you can send Annie home.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

This is DEFINITELY how Latin men charm their WAGs.  Husband Arwen is definitely fetching.  I’d show people his photo, and I’d joke, “Now you can see exactly why the little shit always gets whatever he wants!”  I then clarify that he doesn’t really act like a brat,  because he doesn’t.  He’s never asked me to cook him something. 

Molly, quit whining about how Luis doesn’t tell you what’s in Dominican cooking. Bitch, please...get online to find a recipe and go shopping in the Goya section of  your supermarket.  Plantains are easy to cook, too. Luis had all his cooking done by Mami and Abuela, so he’s probably clueless on how to boil water.  He’s not going to be able to tell you what’s even in the food, much less how to cook it.

Plenty of Hispanic men know how to cook. I don’t see any of his behavior as stereotypical of any race or country. His behavior is all on him. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I'm confused....even if the 2 virgins aren't having sex, can't they be getting...closer to it?  He greets her with a kiss on the cheek and she leans in for a mouth kiss with a terse pucker reserved for relatives from the motherland who insist on mouth kisses.  They are 4 weeks away from getting married...quite frankly the exact day they tip the scales is irrelevant.  

And they can still keep the big reveal for that night if they want but other than not having it look like they are shacking up and screwing like rabbits every night, I don't know what the deal would be to messing around and closing the gap!

maybe then Evelyn can imagine why she'd even want her clothes to come off and why she doesn't need to wear vintage dresses and a chastity corset to make cheese quesadillas.

Evelyn and David Spain kind of confuse me.  I think David was uncomfortable talking in front of the cameras, but I think about that couple a few seasons ago; the man was American and the woman was from South Africa.  Both of them were religious Christians, saving themselves for marriage, but they didn't act as uptight as Evelyn and David are acting, and there were cameras there too.  

Molly's youngest daughter, Kensley or something like that, is a brat IMO and Molly is silly because why would anybody want their much younger boyfriend to be the father figure to their daughters?  The girls hadn't even met Luis until he showed up with Molly.  I could see if they'd all been to the DR and had met Luis' family but, Molly is just silly; I think she just wants an unpaid babysitter.  If Luis is smart, he'll up and leave before Molly enslaves him.  

And wait, if Josh told Aika that he had a vasectomy, then why is she so hard up to have a baby?  Maybe she didn't know what a vasectomy is.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Plenty of Hispanic men know how to cook. I don’t see any of his behavior as stereotypical of any race or country. His behavior is all on him. 

I was saying that Luis doesn’t know how to cook, not because he’s Hispanic, but because he’s too lazy to bother to learn to. My Hispanic husband has never demanded a meal, or that I clean the house, or told me something was “woman’s work”.   He’s never compared my cooking to his mother’s or sister’s, and would eat a lump of shit without complaining if that’s what I said we were having for dinner. He took enough interest to learn how to make his ethnic food, and showed me what was in it.  I’m only saying this as someone who married into a mostly machismo culture. I’ve even had male Hispanic coworkers (engineering peers at that) tell me I’d drive my husband away because I was too “emasculating “ and if I was their wife, they’d have me “trained in no time”. This said, about a marriage built on mutual respect, by two men who wondered why they were both divorced.

In fact, when I got sick this year and the only thing I could do for myself was go to the bathroom and shower, he totally stepped up. He’s no Martha Stewart (and neither am I), but I was so thankful. So, yes, Behavior Luis is all on Luis.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh, how about how Father Libby threw in Andrrrrei's face that her sisters all drive MERCEDES, bought by their husbands!  Like, ooooh so upper crust!  As if driving a Mercedes means you have "made it."

This! I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my entire life. It's like if she drives a Ford, is in love, and happy, who cares?! Driving a nice car is not the end-all-be-all of happiness. Libby's dad is such a pretentious asshat. 

• Love 22

David Spain's issues were not about the camera crew being there, because Evelyn admitted to her mom he's shut-down any conversation about it in the past.  He was so uncomfortable with the subject that he had to physically leave the room.  He is hiding something big that has suppressed all healthy sexual urges he should feel.  And Evelyn seems like she's going to be a wildcat in the bedroom.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Evelyn and David Spain kind of confuse me.  I think David was uncomfortable talking in front of the cameras, but I think about that couple a few seasons ago; the man was American and the woman was from South Africa.  Both of them were religious Christians, saving themselves for marriage, but they didn't act as uptight as Evelyn and David are acting, and there were cameras there too.  

Molly's youngest daughter, Kensley or something like that, is a brat IMO and Molly is silly because why would anybody want their much younger boyfriend to be the father figure to their daughters?  The girls hadn't even met Luis until he showed up with Molly.  I could see if they'd all been to the DR and had met Luis' family but, Molly is just silly; I think she just wants an unpaid babysitter.  If Luis is smart, he'll up and leave before Molly enslaves him.  

And wait, if Josh told Aika that he had a vasectomy, then why is she so hard up to have a baby?  Maybe she didn't know what a vasectomy is.

Since we know that Josh made all sorts of promises lies in order to get her to come here, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he told her having it reversed was 100% effective 100% of the time, that it wasn't a big deal and he'd do it as soon as she arrived.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

This! I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my entire life. It's like if she drives a Ford, is in love, and happy, who cares?! Driving a nice car is not the end-all-be-all of happiness. Libby's dad is such a pretentious asshat. 

Agreed.  However I think the father's point was that (in his opinion) Libby was used to/expecting/aspiring to a certain level of lifestyle so using that Mercedes as an example, he was almost taunting poor Andrei with that fact.   Good on Andrei for thinking so quick on his feet to say that those guys were older than him and he had time.   I'm sure even he didn't want to get into a discussion with the jerky father about "who cares what kind of cars we drive??????"   Andrei is more level headed than the father.   Sheesh I never thought I'd be typing THAT.

• Love 18

Don't forget Libby's part in the whole "shock of the quick wedding."   Her initial reaction when he brought it up after their knock knee gallop was that being married in 2 weeks instead of her snowstorm wedding was not what she wanted either.   Andreii told her they didn't have any money for her fantasy.   She meekly said "You want me to ask my dad?"   And then Andreii shut her down and said "No I do not want to ask your dad." 

Then during her talking head she said that they were going to get married now and then have the wedding of her dreams later.....which she slipped in "well by then maybe my dad will have come around" which I interpreted as "with some money to pay for the Snowstorm In Tampa Extravaganza that I deserve as a member of this household."    She works part time for Daddy.....she's not exactly the pillar of independence here.   Her first instinct is to run to Daddy. 

It's weird they seem to be having a small "full" wedding now though.  I would have just done the JOTP and a dinner.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Snewtsie said:

David Spain's issues were not about the camera crew being there, because Evelyn admitted to her mom he's shut-down any conversation about it in the past.  He was so uncomfortable with the subject that he had to physically leave the room.  He is hiding something big that has suppressed all healthy sexual urges he should feel.  And Evelyn seems like she's going to be a wildcat in the bedroom.

As insufferable as I find Evelyn (but try to cut her some slack since she’s  a very immature 18), she does not deserve to be cheated of the pleasure for which she saved herself for marriage. If David has a medical or psychological impediment preventing his enjoyment or anticipation, he certainly doesn’t deserve the misery that comes with that. I hope nobody hurt him as a young boy. It just seems that TLC always seems to pick people with issues of some sort or other, some issues that should never be fodder for other’s amusement. 

• Love 20
41 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Did Aika know about the vasectomy (and his previous children) BEFORE she came to the U.S.?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Good on Andrei for thinking so quick on his feet to say that those guys were older than him and he had time.   I'm sure even he didn't want to get into a discussion with the jerky father about "who cares what kind of cars we drive??????"   Andrei is more level headed than the father.   Sheesh I never thought I'd be typing THAT.

Andrei had better control of his temper and his mouth than I would have in that moment with Elizabeth's father, that's for sure. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Libby and Andrei are the only couple with chemistry on this series. I don't find him remotely attractive,

I wouldn't have found him cute when I was a teenager ... and probably not in my thirties.   Now, I do see a sort of clean-cut attractiveness and charm.  I hope he can stay in the U.S.  He'll change some of his ideas.

• Love 6
Just now, Former Nun said:

Did Aika know about the vasectomy (and his previous children) BEFORE she came to the U.S.?

That's what she said.  She said she wasn't worried about it because it could be easily reversed.   While it can be reversed easily, it doesn't mean that all the plumbing will work at top rate again.   She may have heard or believed only what she wanted to hear or whatever lies he was telling her at the time.   Now Josh is complaining about the money for the surgery.....if he didn't have the money etc. to do so he should have told her that.   No wait.....now I'm trying to project reason, logic and maturity on these people.  My bad

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

If David has a medical or psychological impediment preventing his enjoyment or anticipation, he certainly doesn’t deserve the misery that comes with that.

Sadly, he probably wouldn't know it because he can't bear to think about "that."    My wedding night (and three nights that followed) was horrid--my fault.  My mother told me to see the family doctor for an exam before I got married but I was too embarrassed (1964), so I didn't take her advice.   Turns out, I'm one of many young women who needed a little surgical "clip" to make things easier.  It all worked out, and (luckily) my husband and I had good/mature attitudes.

Edited by Former Nun
I'm making too many typo's. Should I retire?
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

That's what she said.  She said she wasn't worried about it because it could be easily reversed. 

I still question the "BEFORE" she came to the states.  I know at dinner we could see she knew about it, but did she qualify that she knew and still agreed to come here?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Evelyn's Mom was excellent with the sex talk. Very calm and encouraging. 

I'm going to lightly disagree here LOL or blame editing.   She definitely was calm and encouraging.  Yes.   However she didn't offer anything useful and if any of that conversation was a shred truthful,  Evelyn's question was that she thought getting naked was awkward and weird and that she was wondering what happened if she didn't like it?

Her mom had the perfect opening to launch into Expectations of 2 Virgins for their wedding night.   Saying "well a penis is made to fit into a vagina so I'm not worried about you enjoying it" is not a good answer in itself.   She may have wanted to mitigate her expectations on that night, going forward etc. etc.   Also a good opening to talk about birth control and a whole host of issues.   If she doesn't want to get pregnant on her wedding night, regardless of her "experience" that night, there are just things that need to be addressed or live with the consequences.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I think your description of Annie is exactly right. She has no empathy because so few if any have had any for her. Her own husband doesn't even seem to realize that she's physically repulsed by him. If David Pour was really in touch with her emotions, he wouldn't climb on top of her at night. Sorry to be graphic, but that's the sad reality of her existence.

Nikki has what Annie wants, and Annie's willing to do anything to get it. Chris was a sucker who signed on the dotted line. Annie's existence has been tragic, but it doesn't make her any less harmful, and David Pour was the one who brought her into their inner circle for ten years.

Again, with friends like David Pour, who needs enemies? Chris needs to wake up and realize whatever guy he was friends with back in Kentucky is long gone or never even existed. The guy there now is more like David Disaster.

If Chris was smart, he'd rip the rug out from underneath both of them right now. As it is, he's probably going to wind up paying for the wedding. SUCKER.  David will give him a rambling bunch of maudlin thanks, and propose a toast to Chris before getting inebriated.  

Annie will leave David Douche as soon as possible.  What she doesn't realize is that Nikki and Chris, while being forced to support her, only have to do the bare minimum. Cheap apartment and mac and cheese for dinner every night. Every now and then she'll splurge and get a new top from K-mart along with school clothes for the kids.  David Douche will back out after the divorce with a bunch of excuses. "I'm on disability," he will shamelessly declare. "I can't possibly pay. I had to get my wheelchair paid for by the state."

Wait till Annie has her first and second babies. Who do you think will get stuck with those hospital bills? What if she needs public insurance for her children? She'll quickly figure out that more babies mean more money.

Annie is in survival mode, and she's very cutthroat. She's already angry at Chris and Nikki and she will bleed them dry. Don't think she doesn't have a few manipulative tricks up her sleeve.

Annie is doing the only thing she's ever known to do. It would take years of therapy to break the shell around her heart, and that would be only if she wanted to change. She was mocking Nikki at their girls night out. "You didn't know? He didn't tell you?" 

Same way with David Douche. He tried to turn it around on Nikki. Forget the fact that he's a big fat indigent. Nikki didn't know! Yo, David Poor, the bigger deal is that you're a big fat indigent!

So, how much do you think Annie will cost Chris over the next TEN YEARS? $200,000? More? I'm guessing $2000 a month for the next ten years plus some other stuff if there's health insurance for the kids. What if she moves to California? Cost of living goes up, there.

Chris, you shouldn't even be speaking to David at this point. You should be praying that she breaks the law so that you can send Annie home.

Whatever it is that David Destitue has on Chris, Chris should just come clean about it to whomever he needs to come clean to, law enforcement included. Sometimes you can cut yourself a sweet deal by doing that.  Nikki needs to be thinking about it too, if she knows or is in on it. Bc I'd be damned if I'd fork over my hard earned money for the rest of my life on Annie & David. 

• Love 4
Just now, Former Nun said:

I still question the "BEFORE" she came to the states.  I know at dinner we could see she knew about it, but did she qualify that she knew and still agreed to come here?

I'd have to go back and watch again.   When she said it my brain registered it as "before" but I can't say explicitly that the conversation was fully disclosed as one they had before she came over.   I just thought that she seemed pretty flippant and sure that it could be reversed so it didn't seem to concern her.   Her concern now is that he won't go through with it or it's not an immediate priority.   She seems hell bent on "actions speak louder than words."

As a total aside, I can't stand her gooey looking lips.  LOL

15 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Well Elizabeth's dream wedding is to get married at the top of a mountain, in the snow, while it's snowing...yes...WHILE it's snowing....and then to arrive by horse and carriage.

she lives in Tampa.

She's in Florida, not Westeros,lol

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I think Annie is tired, depressed and homesick at this point in her journey from tonights' episode. That weird apartment was the straw that broke her. She's lonesome. 

I don't. I think she's a whore who just realized she got taken by her john.

21 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

There would be no way for tv viewers to know this as producers deliberately left out any discussion of his vasectomy. That topic was just introduced last week, right? And she never directly said when learned about the vasectomy during last night's episode...iirc.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

That's what confused me.  Josh was like, "We had this discussion before."  Aika didn't say something like, "No we didn't."  She was kind of, "Yeah but." So I thought, huh?  She knew about it, and STILL came to the US with this loser, even though she wants kids?  Maybe that's just TLC's story line for them.

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I think if Chris cares about his marriage at all, he will renege on Annie's co-sponsorship. This is a fight that will never end btwn spouses. And honestly, I see someone like Annie offering herself sexually to someone like Chris under these circumstances, if things went left and Annie was asking Chris for money. I don't think Annie was horrified by Chris's massage request; I think she was surprised she was being called up so soon in the process.

I think Chris and Nikki made a big mistake sending David Poor and Annie back to Kentucky. They needed to keep them close and facilitate a break up btwn them...or just go to court and revoke sponsorship.

6 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

That's what confused me.  Josh was like, "We had this discussion before."  Aika didn't say something like, "No we didn't."  She was kind of, "Yeah but." So I thought, huh?  She knew about it, and STILL came to the US with this loser, even though she wants kids?  Maybe that's just TLC's story line for them.

It seemed like they may have had the discussion before she got the US and he mentioned a reversal would be possible....also before she got to the US.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Sadly, he probably wouldn't know it because he can't bear to think about "that."    My wedding night (and three nights that followed) was horrid--my fault.  My mother told me to see the family doctor for an exam before I got married but I was too embarrassed (1964), so I didn't take her advice.   Turns out, I'm one of many young women who needed a little surgical "clip" to make things easier.  It all worked out, and (luckily) my husband and I had good/mature attitudes.

For Evil-lyn’s sake, I hope she bleeds on her wedding night and didn’t break her hymen earlier in life doing something like sports or dancing or riding a horse or whatever.  I didn’t bleed when I lost my virginity—but luckily I wasn’t with a FrigiDavid Spain who would’ve immediately doubted that I was a virgin, called me a liar, and possibly called me a whore.

I hope that Kinsley’s dad sees the footage of Louis taunting her and decides to put Louis in his place with his fist. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

LOL.  The one wedding in the snow in Westeros 

Hide contents

turned out horribly for the bride, and eventually even worse for the groom.

See that's exactly what came to mind when she mentioned a snowy wedding.

• Love 3
Just now, JennyMominFL said:

See that's exactly what came to mind when she mentioned a snowy wedding.

I was thinking of that GOT wedding as well.  It was actually rather beautiful, IIRC...

Spoiler

...the marriage, not so much.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

My take on this is different. I think David went scouting for someone who he hoped would have the same aversion to sex that he has. 18 year old fundementatlist virgin would ahve seemed to to tick all the right boxes. I understand not wanting to talk about sex on camera, but his reaction was so intense and reeked of fear and revulsion. He has been able to handle every other confrontation calmly and with cool calculation. Straight up dysfunction junction when it comes to the sex talk. David sounds frigid to me. If his parents are super conservative, they may be very strict Catholics and that means sex only for procreation. Evelyn better master that rhythm method and brush up on her embroidery skills so she can embellish the hole in the sacred sheet of passion that David will insist on.  She seems to have a healthy appetite for sex, something David was not banking on. I almost feel sorry for her and the vortex of awkward disappointment that will be her wedding night. But see, this is why we can't have nice things. Do your research and get to know someone before pledging your entire future to them. 

3 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Evelyn is not a fundamentalist. One can figure that out the instant they open her IG account. And Evelyn was never taught sex was shameful...her mother never said anything like that. Catholics aren't sexually repressed.

Yeah, see, I didn't say that though, did I? A review of my post above in bold says, a very strict Catholic. I even elaborated further in a follow up post that of course not ALL Catholics are like this. As someone who was raised Catholic and remains a practicing Catholic today, I know of what I speak. I have over 40 years in across an array of dioceses on two continents. And I am always careful in all my posts not to paint any group with one broad brushstroke.  But this a moot point, and we can all move on because a quick visit to the David and Evelyn thread is very edifying on the subject of religion.

Whatever David thought about her IG account or did or not did not hear her mother, David certainly got a package he was not prepared for.. Whatever was clear to you or me was obviously not so clear to David. And thank Jesus for that because that is where are the delicious DRAMA comes from.

I'm equating "sexually repressed" with "just using sex for procreation."

I doubt David is Catholic. I doubt a devout Protestant 18 year old Christian woman would feel comfy marrying a devout Catholic Christian guy. Many of the more traditional Protestant  Christian denominations/sects don't even consider Catholics to be Christian, let alone consider them a great choice for marriage.

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 3

All I could think while Aika kept going on about wanting a baby in 3 to 6 months was --- You need to find housing without roommates first!!!  Who would want to start their family while living in a roommate situation??  Plus, does that house belong to Josh or is he renting?  I thought he was a renter not owner.  Either way, they have lots to figure out before starting a family or even looking into reversal.  Does anyone know what Josh does for a living?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, BeachyWave said:

Not true. I had my (unfortunate) marriage booked and planned in four hours. I used the hotel's vendors, made some phone calls for flowers/cake/invitations and we were done. I had bought the dress at a Monique L'Huillieur sample sale which did involve waiting in line for an hour. We wanted swing dancing, so I booked our favorite band in a five-minute exchange. I don't get "wedding planning."

Perhaps not true where you are, but for many of us who live in very rural areas, it is. I explained that it takes time in my area. Any community center, local parks, hotel ballroom, or gathering room in my general area is booked up at least 6 months in advance. I mean, there are only 5 hotels within a one-hour drive of us. The one "nice" hotel where I live has events scheduled a year or more in advance. Churches around here will not allow you to marry there unless you are a member of that church. When you live in a place like mine, there aren't a lot of options so the wait time is long. Bands are the same way. Any area baker needs at least a month's advanced notice because they are so booked up. I wound up going with a woman who teaches cake decorating at a local community college and she needed  6 weeks. I already had the dress, since I wore my mother's. A co-worker acted as a bartender for us. 

In addition, when you are looking at inviting international guests, you must have a window of notice. People have to book airline tickets, give advanced notice for time off work, etc. 

My actual point was related to the visa itself. You don't know when the visa will come in so you can't plan your wedding with an actual date until you have it. We applied for our visa in November, for instance. We had no idea when we would get it-could have been January, could have been September. This makes wedding planning difficult. After all, you can't call and book anywhere until you are certain that the visa will be there and you'll be allowed to wed. That is why many couples have a court house wedding and then an actual celebration later, once the visa has been processed. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Inorite?  That's pretty specific to see glittering snow falling through your hair at your wedding.  If she is staying in the USA I would suggest Buffalo NY.  If she is adventurous try Japan in the winter.  Else a ski resort where they can blast the fake snow machine????  It doesn't cascade though...it's more like icy pellets LOL.

I live in Buffalo NY. We are going to get 2 feet on Wednesday. She can get married here then if she wants.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

LOL.  The one wedding in the snow in Westeros 

Reveal hidden contents

turned out horribly for the bride, and eventually even worse for the groom.

LOL, such a beautiful wedding; but not so much the aftermath. 

I'm laughing at someone saying to a wedding planner, "I'd LOVE a Game of Thrones wedding."  Yikes.  

Nothing like a GOT feast though,

Spoiler

as long as the wine isn't poisoned. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

I'm equating "sexually repressed" with "just using sex for procreation."

I doubt David is Catholic. I doubt a devout Protestant 18 year old Christian woman would feel comfy marrying a devout Catholic Christian guy. Many of the more traditional Protestant  Christian denominations/sects don't even consider Catholics to be Christian, let alone consider them a great choice for marriage.

I agree, it would be unusual for an devout Evangelical family to be so enthusiastic about their young daughter marrying a Roman Catholic, especially a devout one.  A really devout, conservative Roman Catholic probably wouldn't be too keen on marrying a Protestant girl either.  I could see it more if they met in school, or wherever, fell madly in love and decided to put aside their theological differences.  But, I don't think people that devout would be looking across the ocean for partners whose religion is considered heresy, or at least considered to contain significant error.  

I don't think most devout Catholics or Evangelical/Fundamentalists see sex as "only for procreation".  They generally see it as only to be experienced within marriage, but most see it as a pleasurable thing, ordained by God  for procreation, enjoyment and for marital bonding.  

• Love 11