Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I thought about that, too, and that's where a call to Social Services would be beneficial

Except it wouldn’t be. As a mandated reporter, I can tell you that the criteria for CPS to investigate are pretty specific, and Molly moving in a boyfriend doesn’t meet the standard. There has to be some evidence of abuse or neglect: kids not being fed, allegations of sexual contact, bruising or other evidence of physical violence, etc.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Other than wondering if this amazing-sounding husband has a brother (jk), that does sound difficult and that moving to a larger city, or at least closer to one, might help. I do have to say that in my own experience, therapy does wonders for talking through feelings of isolation and difficulty forming relationships outside of existing family bonds. It doesn't have to get to the point of suffering from any major depression/anxiety first, too, for it to be potentially helpful. 

We've been the therapy route before. Our youngest son died of a heart attack back in 2010 so we're no strangers to finding help when needed. 

Dating was difficult growing up. I enjoyed backpacking Europe alone, learning new languages, going on fun adventures, reading, exploring old houses, and having long philosophical talks about world religions. Yet I also loved country music, my big-ass truck, gardening, canning, and hiking. It was difficult finding people to date with common interests-they'd appeal to one side but not the other. Then I went to graduate school in the UK and literally on the FIRST day, I met husband. Went out to dinner and talked Buddhism, Poe, and Kristofferson interchangeably. I didn't even have to look any further. :-)

Funny, but since moving back here to the US, he's become a bigger redneck than me (and I say that respectfully because I have a big dose of redneck in me). He drives the truck, wears cowboy boots, and has learned to become an expert knife maker, creating a pretty good side business in that world. (But still walks around with a copy of Emily Dickinson's poems in his Wranglers.)

Back on topic: What happened to being able to watch the next week's episode early? You used to be able to on TLC Go. They still advertise that you can, but it wasn't available last week. I need a 90 Day fix. Like, stat. This season has me unreasonably excited. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Father Evelyn is kinda hot. If he wasn't married, and I wasn't married, and he wasn't a fundamentalist...yeah, I'd hit that. 

Yes!  I was too self-conscious to say it first.  I'd be all over him!

• Love 6

I think Evelyn's little dream world is already starting to crumble.  In their interviews as a couple, I thought "Wow, she looks different."  No smug smile, no animated speech, glassy eyes--something's amiss in paradise.

My question about AZ Josh is this:  He has two ex-wives and two kids--is he supporting them?  (My guess is no.). How can he afford to bring his new love to the US, let alone support her in the way she obviously expects when he already has serious obligations?

And for Elizabeth:  you like that he is a strong, take charge kind of guy.  Hasn't anyone ever told you that the thing you like about your new spouse is the thing that will soon make you want to kill him/her?  "It's so sweet that he wants to be with me all the time.  He's looking out for me," will quickly become, "He's suffocating me.  I can't get a moment alone." It really bothered me when she admitted that he intimidates her (one of the previously episodes).  I feel worried for her.

• Love 7
On 10/16/2017 at 5:04 PM, orangeiguana said:

No such thing as 24K gold jewelry. It's far too soft for that, it is used for electroplate or mixing with other metals. The highest-weight gold for jewelry is 18K.

Hmmmm. My safe full of 22 & 24k Indian jewelry would like to disagree!

• Love 2

What is up with all the people that can't afford to really support their foreign potential spouses this season?  Nicole. Thai chaser David.  AZ Josh (who has roommates!). 

Everything about Nicole bothers me.  I HATE the way she flings about her little girl.  It's like she has no understanding of her strength and just whips her around. I noticed it multiple times tonight and it really bugged me.   I get a feeling that's why it doesn't occur to her that it is a problem to assert her physicality with Azan by pushing him and such.  I'm struggling with the leash thing.  In our culture, we don't put our kids on leashes.  I totally hear Azan's "you say something to your kid and they learn to listen" b/c that's how it works in my culture.  Even as a little thing, I knew not to embarrass my mom in public.  Ain't nobody tryin' get beat today.  This meant that I listened to her and if I did something stupid there would be consequences.  BUT.  May seems like a rambunctious kid who clearly has ZERO practice listening to her actual mother, and Nicole is lazy AF.  Like many of you, I noticed that gf never once moved when the girl ran away.  WTF?  You are in a foreign country, RIGHT next to the street...WATCH YOUR KID!!  Don't expect the cameraman, producer, fake daddy, and/or some random ass stranger to grab her.  Ridiculous, useless woman!

Father Evelyn continues to freak me out.  Did Evelyn's voice get worse?!  She's so screechy!  Every time she says "Pastor Tom", I think of Sue Hecht talking about Rev Tim Tom.  LOL.   Grenada David actually seems relatively normal.  He only seemed shifty to me when doing the talking head about sex b/c we all know that he isn't a virgin.  I don't believe that David is going to be happy in middle of nowhere NH.  Evelyn seems really "my way or the highway" with everyone.  "No, we will not move.  Ever.  Obviously."   When you are married, you don't get to make unilateral decisions like that without some discussion.  Yeah. This marriage is going to be GREAT.  

You know what, I like a strong man.  I'm a tough woman and am into men with courage of conviction and self assurance (Mr. Trini is pretty swell and ticks all those boxes for me).  What that doesn't mean is me wanting a man who is going to try and control me and tell me where I can go, who I can go with, and what I can wear.   Becoming "submissive" to Andrei (said in the DUMBEST accent) isn't normal, dear.  It's disturbing, and the phone conversation was passive aggressive.  The disbelief from Elizabeths' sisters mirrored my expression; I cannot abide by her and her thinking that being submissive is just super normal.  There will be more girl nights...she just isn't going to be involved.  Also, whoever mentioned Elizabeth's unfortunate lipstick application was dead right; why does her lipstick look like that?!

AZ Josh is hysterical.  You have been married 2 times and you are telling your friends with a straight face that "this is the one" and "you have a good feeling". He has no right to get pissy about his friends asking legit questions.  My big question:  Does Aika know she's living with roommates when she comes to America to be "provided for"?!

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Racial slurs might be even more offensive, but they are both derogatory terms for a group of people. 

I understand what you're saying, but there's a world of difference.  Fundie might not be the most PC thing to say, but it's WAY more on the, "people who like Star Trek prefer Trekker to Trekkie," end of the scale than calling an Italian a dago (I'm Italian, sorry if I offend anyone) end of the scale.  

I call the majority of this cast idiots, which too is a derogatory term for a group of people, but I make no apologies.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, SmashleyMcSlayin said:

There has to be some evidence of abuse or neglect: kids not being fed, allegations of sexual contact, bruising or other evidence of physical violence, etc.

So we have to wait until the girls have already been abused? Ok, good. Just, Olivia GTF out of there to save yourself. I was in a situation like this as a child and raped for 10 years. But that's OK, right? SHe's just a silly teen.

Olivia is the ONLY adult in this situation. Whoever said she was being a bratty teenager is so wrong. I was Olivia at her age. She is smart and wise and knows what is right. Please seek out caring adults, Olivia, they will help you get on your feet and get going. It's not going to be easy, but it will be less difficult than sticking with this dreadful home situation. Olivia, you are impressive. You can do it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

I understand what you're saying, but there's a world of difference.  Fundie might not be the most PC thing to say, but it's WAY more on the, "people who like Star Trek prefer Trekker to Trekkie," end of the scale than calling an Italian a dago (I'm Italian, sorry if I offend anyone) end of the scale.  

I call the majority of this cast idiots, which too is a derogatory term for a group of people, but I make no apologies.

This is literally the first time I've ever heard of the word being offensive. The fundamentalists around where I live refer to themselves as "fundies." There's a church literally on my road and the sign right now reads "Have fun with the fundies this Sunday!" So I guess I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it's so offensive. I mean, I live in the Appalachian mountains and on the various boards we're always making fun of the rednecks and hillbillies-it's just part of the snark. 

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, orangeiguana said:

So we have to wait until the girls have already been abused? Ok, good. Just, Olivia GTF out of there to save yourself. I was in a situation like this as a child and raped for 10 years. But that's OK, right? SHe's just a silly teen.

I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I don't think anyone in this thread has said that what is happening with Luis moving in is "OK."   Maybe I missed a post, but I think most everyone here thinks that this is a bad thing to do.  But, the poster you were quoting was laying out what needs to happen for the wheels of government (such as CPS) to start moving.   

CPS budgets are constantly stretched thin (because voters don't want the government to collect taxes to pay for those budgets), and so they are going to focus on the most critical cases.  That's the sad reality. 

Hopefully, in this particular case, because there are cameras and media scrutiny, the kids will be safe.    

• Love 13
1 hour ago, orangeiguana said:

It's NOT okay but taking action on abuse can only happen when there's actually been abuse. We might be alarmed by what we're seeing but there's no indication at the moment that Luis has done anything untoward Molly's daughters. I'm sorry that it happened to you as a child, that is terrible, but as an audience member we are only seeing a tiny portion of the "real" story. Hell, for all we know, these are all actors and none of the relationships are real. 

• Love 9

Elizabeth isn't attractive, like... at all.

Evelyn is excruciating to watch but I can't stop. She seems so sheltered, lacking in any depth, and just stupid. Good thing her dad drove to the airport because she was completely clueless and twirling around frantically when they arrived. Her dad says "I think it's downstairs," and she says "How do we get down there?" The escalator, perhaps? David looked younger in the video chats. LOL.

Her outfit. Just why?

• Love 10
4 hours ago, orangeiguana said:

Olivia is the ONLY adult in this situation. Whoever said she was being a bratty teenager is so wrong. I was Olivia at her age. She is smart and wise and knows what is right. Please seek out caring adults, Olivia, they will help you get on your feet and get going. It's not going to be easy, but it will be less difficult than sticking with this dreadful home situation. Olivia, you are impressive. You can do it.

{{{{{{orangeiguana}}}}}}

I understand. (I addressed my concerns on page 2 of the episode 1 thread in this forum.) 

I'm not sure if this might make you rest a micron easier, but I believe that Molly's brother -- that is, Olivia's adult uncle -- lives with Molly and her daughters.   In addition, Uncle is unemployed, so I'm hopeful that he will be around quite a bit, with eyes in the back of his head.

Olivia also has a maternal granddad who did not hesitate to tell his daughter  Molly that she was being foolish about importing and moving in a Dominican guy.  If Olivia feels comfortable with papa, I'd like to think that he would be her Protector as soon as he would breathe.

Molly seemed ridiculously shrill and girly-excited to welcome Luis at the airport.  He truly looks like her son, not her lover.  So I do think Molly's judgment is lacking.  I hope that both Uncle Molly and Olivia are vigilant not only for O but for her little sister, too.

I think Elizabeth's bf Andrei,  the Moldovan-via-Ireland, is a drunk.  Every Skype chat and photo I've seen him in show glassy eyes,  and he seems to be redfaced,  slow and slurry to me.  The macho-man-act seems phony. Elizabeth says he wants her to be submissive to his demands?  God, such a lovely character trait to be coupled with alcoholism.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

Nobody's ever worried about isolation, control, abuse. To me, that's the big danger of these sorts of arrangements (especially bringing over near-strangers instead of using the K1 more as it's intended). Maybe it's because we're following the POV of the American, but it blows my mind that the big scary danger here is gold-digging and visa-seeking rather than, y'know, danger

That's always been what's put me off about men seeking wives through foreign marriage broker services and sites. I'm all for people building whichever kind of marriage and family suits them, and it doesn't have to start with one true love or anything. But...any true crime aficionado knows how badly these things can go. All relationships are at risk of a power imbalance, but when one spouse is financially supporting your family back home, you can't work, you don't know anyone outside of their family/friends, you may not speak the language that well...it's scary stuff. Far scarier than heartbreak over getting scammed, imo, and it grosses me out that that has been and probably will always be 90 Days' big bad. 

^This. So much this.

It's what my uncle did. After his first wife left him due to abuse, he imported (truly, there's no other word for it in his case) his second from the Philippines. He discouraged her from learning English, learning to drive, handle money, or make friends, even with his own sisters.  She was rarely allowed out of the house without him, and he was a local cop, so he was able to essentially stalk the place to make certain she was there while he was at work. I have little doubt there was physical abuse in the marriage, but he made sure that no one got close enough for her to confide in, despite the best efforts of some family members. He died unexpectedly of a heart attack while still fairly young; she quickly left the US, and went back home. I hope whatever money she ended up with (my uncle was working class, but there was insurance, some home equity, etc.) at least provided a comfortable life for her, and for her family there.

I know that not everyone who seeks a foreign spouse is an abuser, but the power imbalance in some of the relationships, especially involving women from impoverished  countries, can lead to some frightening situations.

• Love 12

@orangeiguana, sending hugs to you. My heart breaks for what you endured as a child, so I fully understand your concern for Olivia and her little sister as well.  Olivia is closer in age to Mr Sanky ( damn, just made me think of Mr Hankey from South Park because of rhyme), so she is more vulnerable.  

She may stay around to protect her sister, so hopefully Luis has no ill intent towards hitting on Olivia once he tires of “caldo de gallina vieja” (hen broth) and decides chicken broth is more to his liking. I think Luis is smart enough to realize what side his bread is buttered on,and won’t do anything unseemly. But we never know. Your worries aren’t for nothing after what you went through because you know what can happen when Mom brings a man/new husband  to live with her. Olivia doesn’t deserve a miserable home life and neither does her baby sister.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, Sienna said:

It's what my uncle did. After his first wife left him due to abuse, he imported (truly, there's no other word for it in his case) his second from the Philippines. He discouraged her from learning English, learning to drive, handle money, or make friends, even with his own sisters.  She was rarely allowed out of the house without him, and he was a local cop, so he was able to essentially stalk the place to make certain she was there while he was at work. I have little doubt there was physical abuse in the marriage, but he made sure that no one got close enough for her to confide in, despite the best efforts of some family members. He died unexpectedly of a heart attack while still fairly young; she quickly left the US, and went back home. I hope whatever money she ended up with (my uncle was working class, but there was insurance, some home equity, etc.) at least provided a comfortable life for her, and for her family there.

I know that not everyone who seeks a foreign spouse is an abuser, but the power imbalance in some of the relationships, especially involving women from impoverished  countries, can lead to some frightening situations.

My mom was in a similar situation. Long story short, she came from the Philippines and was not "allowed" to drive or get a job until I was in my teens. Let's just say my dad was a very dangerous and mentally unstable person. Luckily, we got out and she remarried a few years ago. She's not a gold digger, she is a hardworking person. Sadly, it seems like this situations like this are not unusual. I don't want people to get wrong ideas about Filipino women.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, kewpiedolls said:

My mom was in a similar situation. Long story short, she came from the Philippines and was not "allowed" to drive or get a job until I was in my teens. Let's just say my dad was a very dangerous and mentally unstable person. Luckily, we got out and she remarried a few years ago. She's not a gold digger, she is a hardworking person. Sadly, it seems like this situations like this are not unusual. I don't want people to get wrong ideas about Filipino women.

So sorry for what your mom went through, and I’m sure you’re much happier that she is now with someone who cherishes her, as she deserves to be.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

I'm not sure if this might make you rest a micron easier, but I believe that Molly's brother -- that is, Olivia's adult uncle -- lives with Molly and her daughters.   In addition, Uncle is unemployed, so I'm hopeful that he will be around quite a bit, with eyes in the back of his head.

Olivia also has a maternal granddad who did not hesitate to tell his daughter  Molly that she was being foolish about importing and moving in a Dominican guy.  If Olivia feels comfortable with papa, I'd like to think that he would be her Protector as soon as he would breathe.

Molly seemed ridiculously shrill and girly-excited to welcome Luis at the airport.  He truly looks like her son, not her lover.  So I do think Molly's judgment is lacking.  I hope that both Uncle Molly and Olivia are vigilant not only for O but for her little sister, too.

I think Elizabeth's bf Andrei,  the Moldovan-via-Ireland, is a drunk.  Every Skype chat and photo I've seen him in show glassy eyes,  and he seems to be redfaced,  slow and slurry to me.  The macho-man-act seems phony. Elizabeth says he wants her to be submissive to his demands?  God, such a lovely character trait to be coupled with alcoholism.

Not for nothing, but Luis being Dominican doesn't make him more likely to abuse Molly's girls. Unemployed uncle who lives with them could pose just as great a danger.

I have a young friend from Moldova, and she goes there with her mother every other summer or so. Drinking is a part of the culture, at least where she's from. As young as 14 she was allowed to drink too. I was certainly unnerved when I saw pictures of her with her cousins, all young teens, all drunk. "oh, I'm tipsy there!" she giggles. Anecdotal, I know. But a quick Google search shows lots of articles with titles like "Study Reveals Moldovans to be World's Biggest Drinkers". Elizabeth is going to have some trouble, I think.

• Love 13

Wow. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the drama and building drama of the Nicoles and Evelyns, but TLC should at least pepper in one couple to root for.

Nicole seems perpetually annoyed by May's presence. She literally just wants to bed Azan and pretend like they have a deep, love-dovey connection. The way she tosses May around like a rag doll is a complete embarrassment. She's obsessed with Azan showering her with love and affection, but she shows absolutely zero kindless and motherly love toward her own daughter. No wonder her Mom was so weepy at the airport. It's obvious that she is more of a mom to May than Nicole ever will be.

Evelyn and David are on a terrible collision course. David is literally 50% older than Evelyn, and that 50% is currently a tremendous maturity and life experience gap. If he's 40 and she's 33, then they both have some life experience and have likely realized what they want in life. But he is a grown man, and she has quite literally just become a legal adult. He seems like a decent guy, so I'm just having a lot of trouble understanding why a random guy in Spain chases down a 17 year old girl on Instagram. On top of that, he seems to have loved his life in Spain. He will be miserable in that tiny little NH town, and Evelyn has zero interest in moving out of her parents' basement, let alone the town. This is like Josh and Aleksandra. Why did he want to leave so desperately?

Elizabeth is loaded with issues. I hate to be judgmental, but it seems like all the looks in the family went to the sister, and all the lipstick went to Elizabeth. Andre (sorry, Andale) seems like her compensating for always being a runner up child. Look at me, I found a big, strong MAN.

I feel bad for Olivia, but the whole Molly story is completely uninteresting. Her giddy preteen squealing at the airport was unwatchable.

I hope Josh in AZ has some money... that's what it's going to take to keep that train rolling.

Edited by Standard Staples
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, orangeiguana said:

That’s exactly right. It’s how the system works. If everyone got reported because they’d maybe abuse their kids, CPS would be running around like chickens with their head a cut off (which, honestly, they already do) unable to assist children in truly dire circumstances, and a lot of people would be unnecessarily accused.

And I am also sorry for what happened to you, orangeiguana. I can understand how the situation might make you really angry and emotional given your experience.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, orangeiguana said:

I am very sorry to hear about the horrible crimes you suffered.

But, only a small percentage of stepfathers abuse their stepchildren.  The authorities can't assume the girls are in danger just because their mother has decided to remarry. 

I would like to see Molly's Dad hire a PI in the DR to look into Luis' background to see if there is anything concrete they can work with.  That said, if he had a criminal record his K1 visa probably would have been denied.

He is most likely just a green card scammer and gold digger as opposed to a child sex predator.  

I do think it is a good thing that Molly's unemployed brother will be hanging around the house to keep an eye on Luis.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Does Molly know that she is going to have to start sending TV's, laptops, clothes and hygiene products back to Luis wif...wom, err family back in the DR? 

Come on, now. Those are details. When you're this much in love with your 30-year-younger-than-you-bartender, the details don't matter. Just ask Evelyn... God will provide TVs and laptops.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

He is most likely just a green card scammer and gold digger as opposed to a child sex predator.  

Obviously it's better than a child predator, but I don't consider being a green card scammer and gold digger to be "JUST". This is a reflection of his character and the type of person Molly is bringing into their home as family. Someone with that kind of character is unlikely to contribute to a stable family life for Molly's girls or give any of them a feeling of security. Luis is barely older than Molly's kids and is clearly self-centered enough to pull a sanky panky on a woman with children. What he is doing for his own purposes may not be criminal but it's still damaging to those children.

Don't get me wrong. Molly is their mother and responsible for them. Her decisions show her lousy character in terms of her children. But by the same token, Luis's do as well. Quality people do not throw darts at a green card dart board and married the first sap to fall for it.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Obviously it's better than a child predator, but I don't consider being a green card scammer and gold digger to be "JUST". This is a reflection of his character and the type of person Molly is bringing into their home as family. Someone with that kind of character is unlikely to contribute to a stable family life for Molly's girls or give any of them a feeling of security. Luis is barely older than Molly's kids and is clearly self-centered enough to pull a sanky panky on a woman with children. What he is doing for his own purposes may not be criminal but it's still damaging to those children.

Don't get me wrong. Molly is their mother and responsible for them. Her decisions show her lousy character in terms of her children. But by the same token, Luis's do as well. Quality people do not throw darts at a green card dart board and married the first sap to fall for it.

Oh, I totally agree that Molly is making a huge mistake and her family will likely be hurt financially and emotionally by it.  My only point is that there is no grounds for the government to get involved at this point.  

If the daughters' fathers were involved in their lives, they might be able to use the relationship with Luis to gain custody, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Olivia could probably pretty much choose which parent to live with at her age, but even if that was an option, I suspect she might not want to leave her little sister behind in that mess.  

55 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Does Molly know that she is going to have to start sending TV's, laptops, clothes and hygiene products back to Luis wif...wom, err family back in the DR? 

I can't wait for the episode where Molly opens her first credit card statement after making Luis an authorized user.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Drinking is a part of the culture, at least where she's from. As young as 14 she was allowed to drink too. I was certainly unnerved when I saw pictures of her with her cousins, all young teens, all drunk. "oh, I'm tipsy there!" 

This sort of behavior is common throughout Europe.  I was shocked.  

• Love 1

@orangeiguana:  I share your history; we are sisters in that way.

I've also seen it written above that since Brother Molly is in the house, the kids will be safer.  What people don't always realize is that - according to surveys - child sexual abuse is most often perpetrated by someone who lives in the home.  One report I just looked at said that 89% of children being sexually abused are suffering that at the hands of a person who lives in their house!!!!  As someone who was sexually abused for 12 years, I can assure you that strange men were not just wandering in off the street to molest me.

We're looking at Luis; no one has mentioned the possibility that the reason Olivia is so angry is that she's already being abused.  

Having said that, I am becoming uncomfortable with the speculation here on an internet site that either one of these men has or will abuse the girls.  The FACTS are enough to deal with.  Molly is acting like a teenager and needs to start acting like a mother who really DOES put her girls first.  IMHO, neither Luis nor Brother Molly should be living in the house.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 14

Arizona/fried spam and eggs guy's fiance is in for a rude awakening when she gets stateside.  He's going to give her the american dream alright...if that dream is living with a gang of guys. Honey you're about to work very hard for that green card.

That Molly airport scene was just gross.  I was wondering who was the parent and who was the adult.  Poor Olivia.  I bet this isnt the first time her mom has moved a strange man in to live with them.     

Azan and Nicole.... the look on Azan's face when Nicole to him her dad would sponsor his visa was hilarious.   Wait til he arrives stateside.  Let the games begin. 

• Love 9

AZ Josh says he feels like he is in high school dating the baddest cheerleader or something like that. If I ever get the feeling that something reminds me of being in high school that's my cue to get the F out of that situation. Also the cheerleaders didn't look like streetwalkers. I get the impression he hasn't wanted to move on much past the high school phase. 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

@orangeiguana:  I share your history; we are sisters in that way.

I've also seen it written above that since Brother Molly is in the house, the kids will be safer.  What people don't always realize is that - according to surveys - child sexual abuse is most often perpetrated by someone who lives in the home.  One report I just looked at said that 89% of children being sexually abused are suffering that at the hands of a person who lives in their house!!!!  As someone who was sexually abused for 12 years, I can assure you that strange men were not just wandering in off the street to molest me.

We're looking at Luis; no one has mentioned the possibility that the reason Olivia is so angry is that she's already being abused.  

Having said that, I am becoming uncomfortable with the speculation here on an internet site that either one of these men has or will abuse the girls.  The FACTS are enough to deal with.  Molly is acting like a teenager and needs to start acting like a mother who really DOES put her girls first.  IMHO, neither Luis nor Brother Molly should be living in the house.  

So sorry for this awful bond that unites so many.

Yeah, I think it's really inappropriate to suggest the participants on this show are or will become child predators!

When Molly was on Double Divas, she was also "engaged" and I think was making a bit of a to-do about it. Plus, Olivia's father left, Rayleigh's father left. And who knows how many others left. I'm sure every one of us, as teenagers, would be annoyed by a mother who "invited" this kind of drama...not to mention, hurt by the perceived rejection from the men. Who knows how badly Molly falls apart when these relationships go left and Olivia has to stand in as the adult in the home? All of that is bad enough...no need to start accusing ppl of rape and pedophilia, etc.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Not for nothing, but Luis being Dominican doesn't make him more likely to abuse Molly's girls. Unemployed uncle who lives with them could pose just as great a danger.

I have a young friend from Moldova, and she goes there with her mother every other summer or so. Drinking is a part of the culture, at least where she's from. As young as 14 she was allowed to drink too. I was certainly unnerved when I saw pictures of her with her cousins, all young teens, all drunk. "oh, I'm tipsy there!" she giggles. Anecdotal, I know. But a quick Google search shows lots of articles with titles like "Study Reveals Moldovans to be World's Biggest Drinkers". Elizabeth is going to have some trouble, I think.

Being Dominican has nothing to do with it, but, while either an uncle or a creepy, younger man who is scamming the Mother could molest a child, I'd be more concerned about the creepy scammer stranger.  If the uncle was a predator, it would be much more likely that Molly would know about it, compared to Luis, who she doesn't know that long.  That said, Luis probably has a pretty clean record since he qualified for the K1, so at least we know he has no child molestation convictions in his past.  That, of course, is no guarantee of the girls' safety.   

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

That Molly airport scene was just gross.  I was wondering who was the parent and who was the adult.  Poor Olivia.  I bet this isnt the first time her mom has moved a strange man in to live with them.     

This is so true. Molly really should have figured out another way to get to the airport. She could have gotten her brother to drive her or taken Uber. It's a very "adult" moment to be reunited with your boy toy cum fiancé. She then could have had Luis meet the girls in their own house so that they were on their home turf and could feel more secure...less like a fourth and fifth wheel to all that lovey dovey ridiculousness.

At the very least, she should have let the girls wait in the airport Starbucks while she got all that ridiculous ooey-gooey love bird shit out of the way. Then she could have introduced Luis to the girls with a little more semblance of control and decorum.

But hey, let's not forget she always puts the girls first.  *eye roll*

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

Azan and Nicole.... the look on Azan's face when Nicole to him her dad would sponsor his visa was hilarious.   Wait til he arrives stateside.  Let the games begin. 

I saw that too but it makes no sense. If he doesn't want to marry Nicole - THEN DON'T APPLY FOR THE VISA AND MARRY NICOLE!! This is a very simple thing.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

AZ Josh says he feels like he is in high school dating the baddest cheerleader or something like that. If I ever get the feeling that something reminds me of being in high school that's my cue to get the F out of that situation. Also the cheerleaders didn't look like streetwalkers. I get the impression he hasn't wanted to move on much past the high school phase. 

I think that "dating the hottest cheerleader" feeling is a motivating factor in the choices that a lot of these wife shopper's make.  Having an attractive woman want you (even if it is only for the green card) can be a huge boost to a man's ego, at least for a while.  A lot of men outgrow it, many don't.  Was he the one who referred to his potential bride to be as a "trophy"?

7 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

This is so true. Molly really should have figured out another way to get to the airport. She could have gotten her brother to drive her or taken Uber. It's a very "adult" moment to be reunited with your boy toy cum fiancé. She then could have had Luis meet the girls in their own house so that they were on their home turf and could feel more secure...less like a fourth and fifth wheel to all that lovey dovey ridiculousness.

At the very least, she should have let the girls wait in the airport Starbucks while she got all that ridiculous ooey-gooey love bird shit out of the way. Then she could have introduced Luis to the girls with a little more semblance of control and decorum.

But hey, let's not forget she always puts the girls first.  *eye roll*

I think a neutral location might have been better than Luis meeting the girls in their home (that is what they recommend for introducing a new dog, anyway. :-) )   But, the airport with all the sickening lovey dovey gooeyness, wasn't a great idea.  I agree that the girls meeting Luis at the airport Starbucks or at a restaurant would have been a much better choice.  

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

Let the games begin indeed! Nicole's family knows that he's a scammer. He may be far more polite and well-mannered than Nicole. He's probably a far better person than Nicole. However, he's still marrying her for a green card and her entire family knows it and will treat him accordingly.

When Azan gets stateside, Nicole will be the only one buying into the illusion.

He will get zero slack from her family! ZERO.

And Azan and Nicole's mother are going to knock heads over the parenting of May.

You can bet TLC's cameras are going to be there to capture every insane minute of it!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Kangatush said:
22 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Racial slurs might be even more offensive, but they are both derogatory terms for a group of people. 

10 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Thank you @Kangatush, you explained that in a much nicer way than I could have.  I really don't get the "racial slurs might be more offensive." Seriously MIGHT BE? I guess in other news, water MIGHT be wet.  These people have opened themselves up for comment by showing their foolishness on the show, so yes, they are idiots and I also make no apologies.

• Love 10

Most of us have come to the conclusion that Nicole lives in section 8 housing. When Azan gets to the US, is it OK to move someone into your section 8 apartment? I thought there were rules about that. 

And WTF is Azan going to do all day before he gets a work permit, which I guess takes a while. Sit around in her apartment? Hang with dad? I seriously don't understand why he even wants to be in the US. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I saw that too but it makes no sense. If he doesn't want to marry Nicole - THEN DON'T APPLY FOR THE VISA AND MARRY NICOLE!! This is a very simple thing.

I'm a little surprised that Azan hasn't fielded some far better offers after having gotten the exposure from the show.

He might be continuing to do the show for the money so that he can afford to do a 90-Day Visa with another girl, someone thinner and child free. Someone who understands what an indoor voice is. That wouldn't surprise me a bit!

I think the foreigner cannot get paid when they do the show on U.S. soil. However, I'm sure TLC cuts Azan what for him is a fairly good sized check now.

Maybe he'll do a 90-Day season with another woman. Wouldn't that be a nice twist?

I'm envisioning a montage of Azan running up the side of a hill with a blonde slip of a girl... she can keep up with him! Now their walking through the autumn leaves, hand in hand up in Maine. Now we switch to Nicole, stuffed into a LulaRoe dress, tearfully cutting up photos with a big pair of scissors. And of course, the TLC producers would show Nicole footage of Azan and his bride in a playful snowball fight, capturing her explosive reaction for our benefit!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I am becoming uncomfortable with the speculation here on an internet site that either one of these men has or will abuse the girls. 

I share your feelings.  Nothing has happened.  There is no factual reason to believe anything abusive will happen.  

• Love 9
On 10/23/2017 at 6:17 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

I believe Evelyn mentioned that she wasn't comfortable driving in big cities.  That is pretty common for young drivers from smaller towns.

While you have a good point, Evelyn didn't look like she was comfortable staying in her own lane. In my opinion, whoever taught her to drive has done a poor job of it. She didn't seem to understand that she needed to either keep up with traffic or get in the right lane.

Other thoughts...

Molly's giggling in the airport as annoying AF. Made me want to remove her access to air until she agreed to stop that shit. On the upside, Luis seems to be actually attracted to her. So that's a point in his favor. Personally, I don't like Molly's voice (including her accent), her mode of dress, or how she conducts herself. I don't really know why; all I can say is that she comes on screen and immediately starts aggravating my last nerve. I like her daughter, Olivia. She has cogent arguments against her mother doing this and yet manages to be magnanimous enough to wish a good outcome for her mother.

Evelyn's fiancee could only be more transparent about his what he wants from Evelyn if he were to come out and state it outright. She's delusional if she thinks he's a virgin because he most certainly is not. I found it interesting that in one of the first two episodes she said they were only 6 years apart in age and this episode she admits it's "about 8" years. I was still like "Bitch, please. You're 18 and he's 27, which is 9 years." and, yes, that's in spite of the fact that they probably are only a few months apart in excess of 8 years. She's got a pretty face, but I don't find anything else about her attractive; not her figure and certainly not her personality.

Nicole and Azan. Nicole is so inconvenienced by having May around. Azan pissed me off when he claimed he knew what he was doing (regarding being a parent). The two of them had better make sure they don't do something that piques the interest of CPS while she's there because I'm sure CPS will be happy to investigate her once she gets back to FL.

Elizabeth and Andrei. She needs to run and not look back. That guy is absolutely an abuser. He's already working on isolating her from her friends and family. It's actually frightening for me to watch. I don't understand why people are so naive as to leave discussions about things like expectations around "girls night out" for after the marriage. I would think that something that is generating a fight would be something you'd want to deal with before getting married. Clearly, that's what most normal people would do. I just don't understand how such obviousness eludes the mental patients that appear on this show.

Josh (dude from AZ, whatever his damn name is). That guy is absolutely looking for a woman that he thinks won't be able to escape him this time. Strangely, he and his friends all strike me as white supremacists. So I don't understand why he's going for a Filipina instead of a Ukrainian or Russian woman. I suppose maybe he's just prejudiced against black and Latino people, but Asian people are okay. My hope is that she discovers he's just this side of indigent before she marries him and chooses to run back to the Philippines, instead. She certainly seems intelligent, especially given the research she's done on marrying and immigrating to America. That's a step farther than most of the prize idiots (idiot prizes?) that appear on this show. Personally, I think if she immigrated to the US, she's got the intelligence and drive to take advantage of the opportunities that would be available to her. She could actually succeed here, even if on her own.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I think the foreigner cannot get paid when they do the show on U.S. soil. However, I'm sure TLC cuts Azan what for him is a fairly good sized check now.

I heard an interview with Matt Sharp, the producer of 90DF, and he said that ONLY the US citizen gets paid. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

How do they "know" that?  What is the evidence for that?  

The only "evidence" I see that Azan is a scammer is that he is WAY too good for Nicole.  It is inconceivable to me that he could actually love her and want to spend the rest of his life with her.  But, I suppose there is no accounting for taste.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Being Dominican has nothing to do with it, but, while either an uncle or a creepy, younger man who is scamming the Mother could molest a child, I'd be more concerned about the creepy scammer stranger.

The post I was responding to referred to Molly "moving in a Dominican guy" as a danger to her daughters. That's why I responded as I did.

I thought this too.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 5

I am also not understanding Azan's deal. He doesn't seem to like Nicole at all, he is not getting paid and the look on his face was like "what have I gotten myself into" when Nicole said her dad would sponsor him. The way he shows off and is proud of Morrocco seems like he enjoys it there and is not exactly itching to get out of there. 

• Love 6