Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/18/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday
Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin, Andrea Barber, Bob Saget and Dave Coulier ("Fuller House"); "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday

Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday

Terrence Howard ("Empire"); "World News Tonight" and "20/20" anchor David Muir and "20/20" anchor Elizabeth Vargas

Thursday

The Political View with Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski ("Morning Joe") and a performance by Joe Scarborough and his band

Friday

Former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci hosts Guy-Day Friday; performance by Little Big Town

• Love 2

Yikes, quite an unappealing lineup, except maybe for Wednesday's news people.  Never got the appeal of Full House, so not interested in that mess.

I don't think I need to see Joe perform again to know he's hoping for a new career that just ain't gonna happen.  Keep playing in your garage Joe - only Mika can truly be a fan, others are just being polite by not laughing.

And the Mooch? why? is he going to tell us anything new?  Aren't all those guys sworn to secrecy when they leave the employ of 45?

• Love 3

Joy is the Friday host and didn't she say she thought the Mooch was attractive? In any case, she's a fearless interviewer. I'll never forget her ruffling Blago's fabled hair. Mooch will probably have fun, and so will Joy. I think it's a foregone conclusion that Mario Cantone will make a "surprise" appearance.

Another low-light of The View was BaWa telling newly sober Elizabeth Vargas that everyone knew she was a drunk. I hope this crew is more cordial. (It would be difficult to reach that level of rudeness, so I'm betting yes, they will be kinder to her than BaWa was.)

• Love 6

Fuller House - blah!

2 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

(It would be difficult to reach that level of rudeness, so I'm betting yes, they will be kinder to her than BaWa was.)

I am SO happy that Bawa is gone.  It's really a much better show now.

• Love 1

What a great show so far.  Opening with a song from my favourite band. Then the great news that Jed's leaving!   But I hope  Paula isn't her replacement, as I hate her just as much, if not more. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 6

Wow. IMO- They finally got the panel right. And now this?

Unpopular opinion, but I thought Jedidiah did a good job as the conservative on the panel. She was much better than Elizabeth! I don't agree with her political views - but she fit into the panel. And all the women seemed to get along.

Weird, I wonder what happened behind the scenes?

• Love 14
Just now, Stacey1014 said:

I'm not disappointed to see her go, but we should be careful for what we wish for. They could bring on someone a lot worse than Jedidiah. 

I think that was the first Elisabeth reference in a few years. 

That's what I'm saying and I'm scared.  I don't want to go through the "co-host carousel" for another 3 years.  Ugh. 

If they bring ElizaBITCH back, I will NEVER watch again. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Miss Slay said:

Unpopular opinion, but I thought Jedidiah did a good job as the conservative on the panel. She was much better than Elizabeth! I don't agree with her political views - but she fit into the panel. And all the women seemed to get along.

Weird, I wonder what happened behind the scenes?

I do like this panel. There were little things I didn't like about Jedidiah. I hated the dancing as she walked to the table and it seemed like she liked the sound of her own voice because she seemed to argue for the sake of arguing.  The whole hugging thing at the end of her announcement was a bit suspect. The body language was always off as if the others got along but they didn't really care for her. 

• Love 4

They fired the wrong one as evidenced by Whoopie screaming over everyone and then having the temerity to say to Sunny, "first of all, don't yell at me" when Sunny was trying to make a point, and then not letting Sunny speak at all.

Wonder why Jedi was fired.

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, witchyways said:

I may not agree with much of what Jedidiah says, but she still has been the least obnoxious conservative they have had. I kind of like her. I'm sad to see her leave. I sure would like to know the reason for this abrupt departure.

Me too, I'm sorry to see her go!  Definitely, the least obnoxious conservative.  Hope they don't replace her with Paula.  I like Ana Navarro, but I guess she's not far enough right.

54 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

Adding to my post above.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Since everyone but Sara left the stage before the end of the show, I wonder if the firing just happened this morning. 

This does seem sudden. If the decision was made a while ago, why not get rid of her when the new season premiered instead of waiting a week or two. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I wonder if Meghan became available and they decided Jedidiah was expendable.

Most likely.  Meghan just announced her Fox departure on Friday, and she's already "in final talks" for The View.  That means they were already working on it over the weekend, thus Jed's announcement first thing on a Monday.   No one ever leaves voluntarily on a Monday in the middle of the month.  A Friday? Yes.  End of month? Yes.  Monday, September 18 with no plans in the chute?  Uh-un.

ETA:  I, too, would love to see Ana Navarro in that seat, but I think she's modified her conservative stance too much recently to be considered.  She's also been getting a lot of TV time on CNN as a Contributor, and might not want to give that up.  Her Trump commentaries are hilarious!

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 12

Whoopi was so rude to Sunny. She's the one who constantly yells at the entire panel with her know-it-all catchphrase "THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS..." Sunny responded well by keeping cool and letting it roll off her back, that probably pissed Whoopi off even more.

• Love 17

That was rich, Whoopi, who yells all the time, telling Sunny not to yell at her!  And Sunny was not yelling at all!  Good for Sunny, responding that she wasn't yelling at her.  Whoopi owes her an apology, instead she repeated, don't yell at me.  Then they went to break, and you see Whoopi saying something to Sunny as they went to commercial, probably telling her a third time.

I assume Whoopi wields  some power BTS, so can we infer that she wanted Jed out and Meghan in?  Because Meghan is not a lot different from Jed, from what I have seen.

CCB's comment to Joy, aren't you happy that I am back, was kind of snarky and surprised Joy.

• Love 18

All Megan McCain did was talk crap out the The View when she was on the FoxNews knockoff, Outnumbered. Of course, if a lot of money in thrown your way you'll say anything. "I love The View"...."I love the girls. We all get along". <sarcasm>

• Love 8

I wasn't planning on watching today. Glad I skimmed the DVR.

Sara's birthday was ruined with this news. They could have waited until Tuesday.

That said, bye Jedi. Won't like Megan in this spot either.

Sunny should have cursed Whoopi out. She wasn't yelling at her ass.

• Love 11

With the news that McCain is in talks with ABC, I am reluctant to pin this exit on Whoopi. I suspect the producers told Bila they were going to bring on McCain and wanted to shift her into a part time role, like Faris plays, and Bila instead decided to leave.

Here's a recap which notes how odd that this announcement was shoved in, between Sara's birthday and Candace's visit.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/view-jedediah-bila-exits-abc-daytime-talk-show/

• Love 2