Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/18/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

It would be great if they just let Whoopi go. The View is so much better without her. I really don't understand why the producers think that she is such an integral component of the show. 

Probably because her celebrity brings a lot to the show.  Her star power, her celebrity connections and she was largely responsible for bringing the ratings back up.  Plus, I think the show would suffer major backlash if she was not let go in the proper manner.  Even though I would miss her, it is time for her to move on. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

I liked Mooch!  He's  nice, candid and honest, with a great sense of humor. He clappedback at Joy a couple times, cracked her up. He would be great as the new 5th host 

Tammee, I wanted to give you a "like," but I couldn't agree with your last sentence.   I agree that he was candid and honest...even fun, but that charm and personality can't last long.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm shocked the Mooch was so candid about clashing with others in the WH.

One of Scaramucci's many "communications" problems is his need for celebrity.  Sometimes he rethinks saying something he shouldn't...but it's in mid-sentence.  Recently on TMC he hinted about a "relationship" between Ivanka Trump and Tom Brady.  That one may come back to bite him.

• Love 3
On 9/18/2017 at 6:42 PM, A.J. said:

I think Whoopi would quit the show first before she did that.  She can be so horrible at times.  The nerve and hypocrisy of her statement is mind blowing.  And to think she wrote a book called, Whoopi's Big Book of Manners.   

I totally thought you were joking about this book, so a woman that farts constantly in front of strangers, talks about not bathing, screams at her coworkers, is giving advice on how to be a part of polite society? 

On a side note, neither liked nor disliked Jedidiah, but find the lopsidedness perspective of the view annoying when they try and present themselves as a well-rounded show.  I don't really really care if they have point-counterpoints to show all sides, just don't purport yourself to be that type of show.  Maybe Michelle Collins can help Jedi get a job hosting the bonus clips from the Little Women reality shows.  I know a gig is a gig, but really??

• Love 1

I don't like male view Friday, it throws off the balance and I've noticed when a guy cohorts, the female cohorts usually let the male co host talk more.  The same thing would happen if it were male co host with a lone female co host.  It's less natural.

Still I do like that the View is diverse in its topics...they'll talk politics as well as day to day stuff.  It makes the panelists seem more well rounded.  On the other hand, the women on The Talk I wish would include politics to some extent to balance out the more fluff topics they talk about.  Plus, I love to see the different perspectives of each topic on both shows.

• Love 6

I think there is room for a Libertarian at the table, but I guess if you are a Republican viewer the panelist needs to be Republican to represent your views better. On most shows they are either left or right. Lol.  Her views made her seem all over the place so I believe that she didnt connect very well. I am not a Meghan McCain fan. She can be very strident. But if her father saves Obamacare maybe I will just learn to tolerate her.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, pinkle6 said:

It's eyeroll-inducing the way that Whoopi thinks she runs this show and should have input in who is hired. That's the reason she's always hated Paula--which, btw, is a stupid reason to take it out on Paula. The woman didn't hire herself.

No surprise Jedidiah did not get on well with the makeup team. I don't know how many times posters here said they must be getting revenge on her via her face everyday, lol. My favorite part of the whole article--and the least surprising part--was this: "ABC reviewed focus group research on the show this summer after they wrapped season 20 and saw that Bila's score was one of the lowest the show had ever seen." The most unbelievable and funniest part is her fiancé wanting to propose on air so The View would buy the ring.  Naturally she blamed everything on Hillary. One thing I've learned from her year tenure on the show is that she is obsessed with the woman.

• Love 13

I'm not at all surprised about this. 

I know I have been harping on Jedi saying one day she is a libertarian and the next independent and the next  a conservative. And while, yes - arguing - shouting out I agree! when someone made a different point while Jedi continued to motor-mouth.

As far as her careers - teaching, Fox, Briebart, The View - ho hum. None lasted. And now her new book?

I agree she never chatted about her personal life - but I'm fine with that because I don't care.

Could care less Whoopi was out of the loop after her treatment of other co-hosts.

Not sure about McCain but I do hope she keeps her boobs in check.

• Love 8

I do feel sorry for her for the way it transpired though.  No one should hear that they've been fired and replaced from an outside source.  The producers should have been upfront with her when they started talking to Meghan McCain.  Regardless of how I feel about Jed I think that's a crappy way to treat an employee.  (It's basically the same way they got rid of Michelle Collins.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9

I don't know why anyone would want to work on The View these days, except to add another line to their resume.  Even Joy was fired there a few years back. Then they must have grovelled to get her back when ratings dropped.

As for Jed, I too feel bad for her and the way her firing happened. And good for her for not sticking around and welcoming her replacement. But everything in that article made sense. She definitely was a "fast-barking, talking-head". And you never knew for sure which side of the topic she'd be on from one day to the next, so that would make it hard to get fans who only want to like a co-host for their political beliefs.

If it's true the boyfriend wanted to propose on air and have ABC pay for the ring, I can't see that marriage lasting long, or actually happening for that matter.

I hope I don't hate the next "conservative" co-host. I've tolerated the recent ones, but Elisabeth made me quit The View for years, so the wrong co-host could make me quit again. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, buffynut said:

I don't know why anyone would want to work on The View these days, except to add another line to their resume.  Even Joy was fired there a few years back. Then they must have grovelled to get her back when ratings dropped.

As for Jed, I too feel bad for her and the way her firing happened. And good for her for not sticking around and welcoming her replacement. But everything in that article made sense. She definitely was a "fast-barking, talking-head". And you never knew for sure which side of the topic she'd be on from one day to the next, so that would make it hard to get fans who only want to like a co-host for their political beliefs.

If it's true the boyfriend wanted to propose on air and have ABC pay for the ring, I can't see that marriage lasting long, or actually happening for that matter.

I hope I don't hate the next "conservative" co-host. I've tolerated the recent ones, but Elisabeth made me quit The View for years, so the wrong co-host could make me quit again. 

They have treated everybody that has ever hosted on the show like crap. Whoopie is the only exception. I fail to understand why. She is awful on this show .   I feel that the producers are the ones that should be fired.  There is no reason to invest in the show, when there is a revolving door of people.  

I doubt that Jed and her fiance will last.  His attempts to pull a Star move, in trying to get the show to buy the engagement ring, was really off-putting. If you as a man, want to propose to your girlfriend, then, you  should pay for it yourself. That is a bad omen in my opinion..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
On 9/22/2017 at 3:14 PM, Former Nun said:

Tammee, I wanted to give you a "like," but I couldn't agree with your last sentence.   I agree that he was candid and honest...even fun, but that charm and personality can't last long.

Haha thats ok.  Guess I got a soft spot for those Boston (?) boys.  Is he from Boston or NYC?  Either/or, something about those Northeast guys!  Hah my spellcheck kept wanting to change that to ghosts. Stoopid spellcheck!  Anyway Im not at all on the bandwagon, hated him in office.  Just gave him guts for coming on and not canceling.  Though Joy made that happened.  She extended that friendship and I thought that was very cool of her.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, buffynut said:

I kind of liked the fact that I didn't know what side Jed would fall on whenever any topic was presented.  It made the show a little less predictable.  

With that said, the show hasn't had a great history in letting a co host go dating all the way back to the 2nd or 3rd season (Not sure which) when Debbi M was let go suddenly and she didn't even get a good bye, just an announcement by Barbara Walters that she no longer was going to be on the show.  So any co host that starts on this show better be prepared for being fired suddenly.  With that said, I loved that Star and now Jed took control over how to announce they were going.  It does make me wonder if CCB and raven were fired.

With that said, I hope the next co host can disagree and present supporting details as to why they disagree with the other co hosts.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, pinkle6 said:

From the article:  "Scher had originally approached producers of the show about proposing to Bila on air, but, sources say, wanted The View to pay for the engagement ring he wanted to get her. There was no way in hell ABC was buying an engagement ring for this guy to propose to Jedediah on TV. And clearly he was showing his age, as had no idea about the fallout that happened when Star Jones was a co-host and she used the show to offset various wedding costs." 

Jedidiah's fiance` is blamed for this approach (on-air proposal).  I think Jed is a self-promotor and she probably came up with this idea.  She probably thought it would be one of those "Awwww" moments for us.

• Love 5

She probably thought the engagement would get her more job security and viewers would become invested in her "journey" to the altar. I wonder if she even knew or remembered Starzilla saga?

• Love 6

from that Dail Mail article,

The show's audience also never felt like they got to know Bila personally. She rarely shared stories about her personal life and antidotes that would make her relatable to viewers.

It's amazing how people just write lies for no good reason. 

Jedediah shared much about her life.  She often talked about her Italian heritage and family, her boyfriend, romantic life, being a teacher, an only child and many other subjects. 

The way the producers at The View constantly fire people is such crappy treatment to their employees.  Like someone stated above, they are the ones that need to be fired.   

• Love 7

The show's audience also never felt like they got to know Bila personally. She rarely shared stories about her personal life and antidotes that would make her relatable to viewers.

We could use an antidote for some if her blather. 

Edited by Haleth
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Jedidiah's fiance` is blamed for this approach (on-air proposal).  I think Jed is a self-promotor and she probably came up with this idea.  She probably thought it would be one of those "Awwww" moments for us

I don't know if this is true or not about the on-air proposal - but I loathe this in general.  Not an  "awwwww" moment for me.  Nobody cares, people!

4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

It does make me wonder if CCB and raven were fired.

Of course, they were!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

It's amazing how people just write lies for no good reason. 

You could read that sentence that the anecdotes (the correct word*) she did provide just didn't make her relatable to viewers.   Not that she didn't share anecdotes....

*That's not AJ's error.

from the "article"

<<She rarely shared stories about her personal life and antidotes that would make her relatable to viewers.>>

I don't dispute that Jed was blindsided, but I doubt the reason was that she failed to provide a "cure".  An antidote?  Really?  Do third-graders write this drivel?

• Love 3
On 9/20/2017 at 1:38 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Sunny was blowing smoke up Whoopi's ass when she said her son thought Whoopi looked "pretty" in Sister Act & Sunny said "She still is."  Come on ... give me a break.  Whoopi is anything but pretty!!!

I thought Sunny was throwing some shade when she said that. It came across to me like she was saying, "My kid knows what you look like now, and then saw what you looked like then, and was shocked you were once pretty. Oh and you still totally are. Love me!" I was actually kind of shocked that she was that brazen (i.e. maybe she wasn't but I took it as a brazen dig).

• Love 3
12 hours ago, General Days said:

Sunny was blowing smoke up Whoopi's ass when she said her son thought Whoopi looked "pretty" in Sister Act & Sunny said "She still is."  Come on ... give me a break.  Whoopi is anything but pretty!!!

It is sad to see Sunny keep trying to ingratiate herself to Whoopi.  Have some self -respect Sunny.

• Love 3

I fast forwarded through most of the Mooch's "interview" because he came off so disingenuous about his prior feelings and what he said about 45, and how he is "doing really good things." Like what? Didn't give any examples. Am I supposed to "there there" him and like him because his mother has leukemia? Call me a cold-hearted, unfeeling wench, but I don't give a fuck. Mario coming in was fun, and I deleted the show after he left.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I fast forwarded through most of the Mooch's "interview" because he came off so disingenuous about his prior feelings and what he said about 45, and how he is "doing really good things." Like what? Didn't give any examples. Am I supposed to "there there" him and like him because his mother has leukemia? Call me a cold-hearted, unfeeling wench, but I don't give a fuck. Mario coming in was fun, and I deleted the show after he left.

Me either. The funniest part was Joy's "Oh, sorry" without any genuine feeling whatsoever. I mean, does he think trotting out a sob story suddenly wipes the slate clean? 

I couldn't help laughing at his saltiness towards Mario.

• Love 4
On 9/24/2017 at 11:42 PM, SanDiegoInExile said:

from the "article"

<<She rarely shared stories about her personal life and antidotes that would make her relatable to viewers.>>

I don't dispute that Jed was blindsided, but I doubt the reason was that she failed to provide a "cure".  An antidote?  Really?  Do third-graders write this drivel?

bwahahahaha love it!  Too dam funny!  ........and true (?!)

• Love 2